New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

"I don't mean to question you," Hour Tales begins, "but I have to say that we act on the side of caution after all that happened yesterday afternoon."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

"We can't find out what happened from out here, " Softpaws begins, "our pack is still responsible for protection of this park, and as the teeth of Gaia, we should destroy any Bane that defiled it! The park will die if we leave it like this - turning into another parking lot!" The mention of her previous failure kindles both the Philodox's Rage and her sense of duty.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #363

"I had to suggest it," Hour Tales says. "Though what happens if we run into Mr. Wizard again?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

"In the Umbra?" Softpaws says, having not considered the possibility. "We'll have to tread carefully, if he is still here, we'll ask for help from our Elders during the Moot."

5. - Top - End - #365

"Assuming we get away this time. It seemed like last time, he regarded us as mere pests that needed to be flicked off of him. If we run into him again, it's almost a certainty that he won't feel that way. That said, let's head out."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, let's do it." Softpaws says with confidence. She takes the Boar's gift for now, and puts her nose to the ground to catch what scents she may. After a moment, she leads the way back into the park.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I recall the scent of the man in the park?
    If so, I'll be on the lookout for it.
    If you can talk us past the Pattern Spiders, Lifa, go for it. Otherwise, we might have to antagonize some Weaver Spirits <3

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, you never got much of a sniff of the guy in the park. You would have smelled a lot more of those dead bodies he was surrounded with. However if you come across a scent that is familiar, I will let you know.

What form is everybody in right now?
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-09-30 at 10:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws is a black Crinos werewolf, with splotches of red around her clawless hands. She seems much less gangly and awkward in this form, and speaks the Garou tongue with the confidence of a primary language. It may occur to you that English is her second language.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa narrowed her eyes at the dismissive spirit and pondered for a second the consequences of lunging at it claws first. If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed...

Turning back to the others, she listens to the conversation and goes along with the new plan: go back to the park and mess stuff up.

Along the way, if possible, she'll speak to one of the pattern spiders only if they encroach upon the pack. In the meantime, she advises the other three to steer clear of the webbing and to not disturb their work - that's what will trigger them.

Lifa is currently in Crinos form. She was in human form for discussions with the obnoxious bat spirit, then she switched back to her war-form after leaving.

ooo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (5d10)[2][6][10][9][3](30) assuming a roll is needed to switch forms.
    Additionally, she'll direct the pack away from touching the webs - she remembers last time that's what annoyed the pattern spiders. She'll tell the others not to do so for the sake of getting past them.
    If worst comes to worst she'll try to at least speak to one of the spiders before they bring the smack down.

10. - Top - End - #370

Hour Tales is currently in Glaabro form.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, just making sure everyone has used up their dedication ritual. Looks like Lifa needs to eat some more Gnosis.

The group returns to the park, and survey what they can. As far as they can see, spider webbing is everywhere here. It doesn't take much for the four of you to realize that touching the webs is inevitable, no matter how hard you try.

You currently stand at the edge of the webs, and already one of the spiders has stopped working and now watched you carefully.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

"Spider! This is not Weaver land. We don't want a fight, but we're coming in." Softpaws barks in Garou, fairly certain that the spirit cannot understand.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs is still in Hispo form, and walks behind the others. He's still wounded from the web's burning before, and keeps quiet until Life makes her call out. "It is Weaver Land now, girl. They likely will not give it up without a fight, or asking for too much in return."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, spiders don't speak Garou. So they don't have a freaking clue what you're saying.

Also-> Weaverland. That's gold right there.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, said more for effect than anything else. Are we good to go inside, or does somebody want to do something before that?

16. - Top - End - #376

"Well, you know how to get rid of spiders?" Hour Tales says as he watches the creatures skitter about in the distance. "Stomp them..."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ST: So let me get this straight. You go into a park, in the center of a major city, and get beaten by a agent of the wyrm. You have come back and just found out that servants of the weaver came and rid the park of the wyrm agent that beat you, and has now added the park to it's collection among the city. Your response to that is to go **** with the guards that were left there. Is that correct?

Party: Yeah, that's about right.

ST:... Just checking.

So who's moving into the web first?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Laughs is going in last. He's already wounded, and doesn't think it's going to work out well for them.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

That damage wasn't aggrivated. Everyone should be healed by now.

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ST: So let me get this straight. You go into a park, in the center of a major city, and get beaten by a agent of the wyrm. You have come back and just found out that servants of the weaver came and rid the park of the wyrm agent that beat you, and has now added the park to it's collection among the city. Your response to that is to go **** with the guards that were left there. Is that correct?

Party: Yeah, that's about right.

ST:... Just checking.

So who's moving into the web first?
    Aren't RPGs grand?

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Taking the point as an acting Beta should, Softpaws moves onto the web first. She acts boldly and moves with purpose, hoping to inspire her allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    In Crinos Form, Softpaws has 7 Stamina.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that the forums are back online, I think it's time for someone less insane to say something about the situation

Lifa peered across the over-run park and narrowed her eyes. The blood of Get of Fenris may have pumped in her brain but it had not clogged her mind with delusional ideas of her own capabilities.

Before Soft Paws could move forward, a large, clawed hand came down firmly, but gently, on her shoulder, halting her. It was Lifa.

"Our job is to find the other packmate - not bite off more than we can chew."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, why are attacking a spider in its own web?"

24. - Top - End - #384

"They have points, Softpaws," Hour Tales says as the two new packmates speak their minds. "I don't quite know if we can handle this by ourselves. At the moot next week, we'll tell the others about this: others who are far more experienced than us when it comes to such matters. We can convince them to help us here."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws's Rage continues to boil up in her heart. "Don't you see? This park is lost if we don't do anything! The Moot isn't for a week -- and by then it will be too late for all this land. I won't stand by while Pattern Spiders -- the rats of the Umbra -- turn Gaia's land into another parking lot! We are Garou, the Teeth of Gaia, and no agent of Weaver or Wyrm will stop us from reclaiming Her land from those that desecrate it! Have you no pride? Are you Pups!? Are you so weak-hearted that a few of the Adversary's Least spirits cause you tuck tail and scamper to lick your Elders' paws!?" The vehemence reaches the Philodox's eyes, and even Hour-Tales sees an ardor there that he hasn't seen before.

26. - Top - End - #386

"I may not show it at times and yes, I'm still getting used to the fact of being a Garou, but I am not a a pup and I am not weak-hearted. All I know is that yesterday when we tried to fight back it ended with me badly wounded, you and I thrown miles away through the Umbra and Gaia-knows-what to Deep Fang and Jackdaw. I don't want this park to die and become another shopping center parking lot, but I also know that this is way beyond our league. If you want to go charging off and playing heroine, go right ahead: but I won't be throwing my life away endlessly. If I'm going to fall fighting for this planet, I'm going to make damn sure that it will actually mean something."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws growls angrily and looks at the web. How many Spiders are in her line of sight?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's fur bristled at Softpaws comments. A dark cloud seemed to brew above the Get of Fenris' features and her shoulders widened to buttress the primal rage. She may not have been a member of the Garou Nation for long, but she had witnessed the fool-hearty poison of pride within the hearts of pups.

It took an amazing self-control on Lifa's behalf to stop her from reaching out and attempting to backhand Softpaws. Instead, she allowed Hour Tales to seemingly disarm the girl of her impulsive bent. That might have been the better action, the Theurge thought to herself, she'd respond the most positively to his criticism.

If you want to be re-united with Deep Fang then learn that pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes - mistakes that he would not want you to make."

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I don't have the books on me, I'm going to roll an Int + Occult check to see if I have an idea, IC, of how to track someone down that I'm looking for, whether it's by a ritual or some such. The one spirit we've asked prove unhelpful, so I'm not too keep on being prey to the caprcious wiles of those things again.

(6d10)[7][10][7][4][5][10](43)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10)[6][6][10][5][10][1][10][1](49) try to shift to Hispo

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psiclone57 View Post
    Softpaws growls angrily and looks at the web. How many Spiders are in her line of sight?
    Three immediately within a short distance, and she sees two more in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I don't have the books on me, I'm going to roll an Int + Occult check to see if I have an idea, IC, of how to track someone down that I'm looking for, whether it's by a ritual or some such. The one spirit we've asked prove unhelpful, so I'm not too keep on being prey to the caprcious wiles of those things again.

[roll0]
    Lifa would know enough to know that city spirits are going to be less cooperative to garou then ones you would find in the wylds. She also has heard of some ritual that summons a spirit of a blood hound that finds people. But she doesn't know it.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before I tear apart the books, is there one you have in mind? I would be a liar to say I remember half of the rituals and gifts...

Softpaws successfully changes to Hispo form.