New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Lira watched as Softpaws shifted into Hispo form, and the Theurge hoped she wouldn't have to restrain the girl. If she ran off into the web then that would bring them all to attention.

"Where is the ritesmaster of the nearest caern?" she asked as the memory of a ritual came to her head.

Ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll hold my action and tackle Softpaws to the ground if it looks like she's going to go charging into the web.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I know it's going to get asked, the nearest Caern that everybody knows about is up near the location of the Moot on saturday. You also know that there are two Caerns within Chicago, one protected closely by glass walkers and one protected closely by bone gnawers. But those locations aren't common knowledge. (and looking over everyone's sheet's, nobody knows where those two caerns are located.)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

If there are fewer than 3 Pattern Spiders within view, Softpaws intends on charging them, leaping on one and biting it to shreds to show her packmates how weak they are.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think CMT said that there were three spiders in close proximity, and two in the distance.

Laughs scoffed. "It's a sad day when the Philodox is the one who won't listen to the pack. Let the Metis think this 'park' was anything other than Weaver infested territory, and fight for it." He turns his head in a circle as if looking all around at the city in the spirit world to emphasize his point.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yeah, but we left that area, talked to the bat, and came to a different(?) part. So, maybe fewer spiders, is why i asked.

Teenage Werewolf is brash and angry and wants to kill something. I am loving this character.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post

Ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll hold my action and tackle Softpaws to the ground if it looks like she's going to go charging into the web.
    Looks like this is happening. Lifa needs a Strength+brawl roll. Difficulty 7. Followed by a Dex+athletics roll by both of you.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

ooc:
    Str+Brawl: (9d10)[9][9][5][9][1][4][9][4][2](52)
    Dex+Ath: (6d10)[7][3][8][5][7][5](35)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

ooc:
    Wow, what a crappy roll for the first lol.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    unless you intend to deal damage, you only needed one success. So no worries about the first roll. The second one is a opposed roll however...

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

dex+athl 5+1
    (6d10)[4][10][6][10][3][9](42)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws seizes Boar's blessing and darts off to the web. If she couldn't reason with her pack, she would show them. Evading a tackle from Lifa, the black Hispo wolf moves with great speed, leaping through the air and landing on the Pattern Spider, her teeth biting again and again at the Weaver spirit.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d10+8)[9](17)

I will attack the spider with a bite. I assume there is no problem with me taking the 2 dice of brawl for the turn? I am de facto pack leader and no one else is using it.

Really wanting to impress her packmates, Softpaws spends a Willpower on her attack
    (10d10)[6][1][7][10][10][10][3][1][10][5](63) (dex3+form2+brawl2+boarbrawl2) Hispo diff is 5
    damage (7d10)[10][6][7][6][1][4][6](40) (str3+form3+bite2)

Her Rage boiling inside her, especially that Lifa would attempt to restrain her, Softpaws spends a Rage point and bites again.
    She spends another WP if possible.
    (10d10)[10][7][5][5][6][2][4][8][6][2](55) same as above
    damage (7d10)[10][3][5][1][10][4][1](34) same as above

Extra dice as needed for damage rolls:
    (10d10)[3][8][2][10][9][5][2][3][10][2](54)

All damage is Aggravated.
    My Soak is 7 dice; my Current Stats are Str 5, Dex 5, Sta 7, Brawl 4, Rage 1, Gnosis 4, Willpower 2

Due to my anger at the defilement of the park, am I able to regain my 1 lost Rage point I had at the start of this scene? I had spent it on the Squirrels, earlier.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hour Tales does nothing for a few seconds as he watches Softpaws race towards the spirits, easily evading Lifa's grab. "Foolish girl is going to get herself killed..." he sadly notes.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

"DOn't pretend you have no responsibility in this, Glass Walker." Laughs gives Hour Tales a murderous look. "Why you allowed the fool to be your beta, I do not know, but that will be changed."

Laughs at Blood followed Soft Paws. He didn't attack any pattern spiders but put attempted to put himself between the girl and any spiders that might try to surround her. He wasn't convinced that this park could be saved, that it even deserved to be saved. He would not stand and watch a Garou, even a Metis, die alone. Besides, he needed to give her a good thrashing himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's say Athletics + Dexterity to step in any other Pattern Spiders' way?

1 Athletics + 3 Dexterity + 2 Hispo Form = 6
    (6d10)[1][1][9][5][4][1](21)

Botch.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-10 at 08:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So I've been reviewing the rules on combat with spirits. It's not striking me as well written. We'll give it a try and see how it works.

Spoiler
    Show

Spider 1 soak roll (6d10)[6][1][4][6][5][4](26)

Spider 1 calcify on Soft-paws (6d10)[7][9][9][10][3][5](43)

Spider 2 calcify on Soft-paws (6d10)[9][1][8][3][7][9](37)

Spider 3calcify on laughs-at-blood (6d10)[6][1][1][10][1][8](27)

Soft paws does 8 damage to spider 1, which hurts it decently. But it isn't destroyed. It chitters and it's fellow spiders move in to the attack. Laughs runs up to try and get in the way, but spider 1 and soft paws are already entangled. He does manage to get one of the spiders attention however.

Spider 1 and 2 shoot out a webbing, covering softpaws all over. It tightens and begins to restrict her, draining her of physical strength. Softpaws gains a -10 dice to all physical actions she attempts. As one would expect, she isn't able to do much.

Meanwhile spider 3 tries to do the same thing to laughs, but he intercepts the web with his arm as it touches him, and just casts it off him. An arrogant bark and a annoyed chitter between the two are exchanged.

It is the pack's turn in the order of combat.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-10-10 at 10:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Although Laughs at Blood moved to protect Soft Paws, his attention was completely taken by his opponent, temporarily forgetting Soft Paws's troubles. Grinning, he looked to make short work of the Weaver spirit lashing out to rip its face off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brawl 2 + Dexterity 5 = (7d10)[5][6][4][7][2][2][1](27)
    Strength 6 = (6d10)[7][7][2][3][4][3](26)

Like Soft Paws, Laughs spends a rage point as well.

Second attack

Brawl + Dexterity: (7d10)[9][8][1][6][7][1][7](39)
    Strength: (6d10)[6][8][4][4][1][8](31)

Rage Roll:(5d10)[8][8][5][4][1](26)

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage rolls aren't necessary just because you spend a rage point. (For the record, you use your temporary rage score for frenzy checks).

Lifa & Hours, what are you doing?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa felt herself crash against Softpaws, but the wiry metis managed to twist herself at the right times to evade capture.

Snarling deeply as Softpaws scurried off on her fools end, the Theurge spat "Kortsiktigt dåre!" angrily as she fought the overwhelming temptation to just let the girl die. Lifa had sacrificed too much of a normal life to end up dying for this stupid girls pride.

Feeling like she should just leave her to her demise, Lifa felt more committed as Laughs-at-Blood threw himself forward in an attempt to guard Softpaws against the spirits. Well, he certainly had a more noble streak than Lifa did.

Swearing under her breath, she looked at Hour Tales and uttered gutturally, "Come'on! Lets get that fool out of there before she gets us all killed." before bounding off. It gave her a slight satisfaction to see that Softpaws had already almost been neutralised - but the smug feeling swiftly passed.

Taking advantage of Laughs-at-blood distracting one of the pattern spiders, the Theurge flanks it to chew its back off.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take 2 actions. One is a Bite attack against Pattern Spider 2. The second will be a dodge attack for the first attack that comes my way, if any.

Bite against Pattern Spider 2:
    Dex + Brawl, difficult 4 via -1 difficulty attacking from the flank.
    (5d10)[8][6][3][2][9](28)

Wanting to get this over with quickly before the other spiders join in, Lifa will spend 1 rage point for an extra claw attack.

Dex + Brawl, Difficulty 5:
    (7d10)[1][9][9][8][6][5][1](39)

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that the Spider wasn't dodging, in which case I get 3 successes on both attacks, for 2 extra damage on each attack. (just remember guys - you get extra dice to your damage equal to the amount of successes above the first that you get to achieve the hit - so roll that extra damage?)

Bite: (9d10)[1][4][4][2][1][4][3][10][6](35)
    Claw: (9d10)[8][5][1][5][3][9][1][1][4](37)

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edit: Meant for OOC thread.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-10-10 at 11:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget that Lifa and Hours are not next to the spiders. So they will have to make their first action moving to the spiders/softpaws.

If it helps, you can spend up to half your normal score in rage points in one turn.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tempting, but I'm the Theurge, I've only got 3 Rage so I've got to be frugal.

Want me to edit and re-roll, or let it slide this time?

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rerolling isn't necessary since it displays the dice in rolled order. So you're taking the penalty then? Okay. Oddly it will apply to your first attack but not your second.

23. - Top - End - #413

"She was chosen by Deep Fang and I saw no fault in it," Hour Tales growls at Lifa as he sees the spider spirits spit their webbing at Softpaws. Lifa is faster to react than he is, and as Hour Tales watches the new addition to the pack race to aid of the acting Alpha, the younger Garou begins to concentrate, feeling his bones and skin begin to shift even more.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's going to try to go full out Howling here.

Stamina+Primal Urge to shift to Crinos: (5d10)[7][5][6][5][3](26)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Had he not been in Glabro, he would have failed.

Regarding the spiders. I have realized two things.
    1) I miscounted the calcify successes.
    2) Spiders 2 & 3 had to move to attack softpaws/laughs. I have disregarded the last 3 dice as a result. That means softpaws only has a -7 currently. It also means spider 3 botched, and is no longer able to use calcify.

Spider 1 Calcify on Softpaws (6d10)[10][3][7][8][8][2](38)
    Spider 2 Calcify on Lifa (6d10)[7][5][5][1][2][1](21)
    Spider 3 attack on Laughs (6d10)[1][2][7][4][1][5](20)
    Damage (4d10)[6][5][2][2](15)

Additional dice
    (6d10)[1][1][1][10][9][8](30)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Spider 2's soak roll against Lifa's two attacks
    (6d10)[4][7][10][10][3][8](42)
    (6d10)[7][8][8][4][7][8](42)

Spider 3's soak roll against laughs two attacks
    (6d10)[1][9][6][1][2][2](21)
    (6d10)[4][7][9][5][8][3](36)

You guys don't have soak rolls because the only attacking spider sucks

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Round summary

Seeing their pack under attack, Lifa charges into the fray to help rescue softpaws. Regardless of how bad a idea she feels it is. Charging in, she bites and claws spider 2, but finds herself doing no visible damage to it.

Laughs bites spider 3 twice, each time for three damage. The creature attempts to return the favor, but laughs in too quick for it.

Meanwhile, hours tales stays back and transforms into his Crinos form. He is now ready for some heavy combat.

Finally, Spider 1 fails to take it's attention off softpaws as it continues to cover her in webbing. She is now at a -12 dice.

The pack is now up

27. - Top - End - #417

Hour Tales growls loudly at the spider spirit currently trying to web up Softpaws as he charges. He arrives at the spider within seconds, left claw lashing down in a swift motion.

Dex+Brawl: (4d10)[6][1][3][4](14)
    Str Damage: (6d10)[8][6][4][5][8][4](35)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for next round: (1d10+3)[2](5)

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs lives up to his namesake, cackling as he darted around the spider's attack. He steals a glance to see the others helping, and Softpaws caught in the webbing. Until she's freed, he'll have to keep fighting.

The thought, makes his smile grow wider.

The desire for victory burned in his veins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to burn two rage now for a total of three attacks.

First Attack: (7d10)[1][9][6][7][9][8][6](46)
    Strength: (6d10)[3][4][7][8][9][6](37)

Second Attack: (7d10)[3][4][7][6][4][3][3](30)
    Strength: (6d10)[10][4][1][5][2][3](25)

Second Attack: (7d10)[8][5][9][7][9][6][3](47)
    Strength: (6d10)[1][1][7][9][8][1](27)

Extra Rolls (15d10)[4][5][6][7][7][6][10][10][10][5][5][7][5][7][4](98)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bananaphone, thank you for rolling initiative. But I trying pack initiative for this battle. So it works out that you guys go, then the spiders go. So you don't have to roll initiative.

So feel free to just start tearing those spiders apart.