New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh please make it -2 difficulty lol
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Lifa seems to have caught the attention of many, flipping a dime. Finally one dives off the wire and Lifa thinks for sure she can grab him. However before he's even in reach, he pulls up and avoids her reach. Not only does he not take the bait, but bird crap hits her shoulder and drips down her clothes. As the bird returns to his post the other birds increase in noise, cawing away, very amused by what just transpired.

Add one point of temporary rage, and make a rage roll for being directly insulted.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's skin bristles with a barely restrainged rage as she feels the small damp spot coagulate on her shoulder.

She looks up at the ravens and crows on the telephone wire, then back at the stain on her shirt, then back up at the birds.

The Theurge offers a curt smile then turns on the heel of her boot and seems to leave.

She crosses the road to the convenience store where she gathers some baking powder, a bottle of water and some childrens water balloons and an apple. Giving the store-owner a couple of dollars for them, she asks if she can use the bathroom to clean off the bird crap from the shoulder of her jacket.

Several minutes later she re-emerges carrying an apple in hand. She walks back up to where she was standing but a little closer this time as not to be on the road.

She takes a bite out of the apple, then hurls it up at the group of birds. It flies a little wide which may result in some more cawing from the birds and a false sense of security.

Lifa then reached into her jacket and pulled out another red object. She hurled this one up at the clustered birds and aimed it at the top of the telephone poll that they were all gathered around.

Upon impact, the red water balloon, easily mistakable as an apple, splatters in a wide splash that sends out a plume of a sticky mixture of water and baking powder that will cake half a dozen of the pesky birds, at least.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    She deliberately misses the first shot to give the birds a false sense of security. She also throws an apple at them so that when she pulls out the small red water balloon, they think that that's an apple too and she'll be as equally inaccurate.

Lifa is spending a turn aiming, which, considering that I'm using Dex + Athletics to hit, I'll assume I can do. (as the usual requirement is Firearms, but thats when it's using Dex + firearms for a gun)

I'll also spend a willpower point so that I'm guaranteed at least 1 success, which should hit and send a mixture of water and baking powder over a bunch of the birds.

Thrown weapon: Dex + Athletics + 1 turn aiming, Difficulty 5: (6d10)[8][7][2][10][10][8](45)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woot! Whose laughing now, birds?!

Rage Roll: (3d10)[5][5][8](18)

I'll spend a willpower point if I have to if this roll turns out to be a nasty one.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The way rage rolls work, you NEVER want to spend a willpower point.
    Honestly only one success works very well for the calm Lifa appears to be at right now.

The apple had more of an effect than Lifa desired. Many birds, jumpy by nature, fly off even though the apple is no where near hitting them.

The water balloon from the gas station of convenience hits almost perfectly, and the gooey mix hits half of them, a third of the original birds, while the other half was either out of range or reacts fast enough to not get hit. Those that haven't been covered move down a little ways, and once more pick up their chatter. Apparently they thought that was funny.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Would anyone else like to play with the ravens?

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws is content to not be in the spotlight for now, and does not interact with the birds. She seems eager to leave the park, now.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Scanning the collection of birds and believing she got the last laugh, Lifa pulled herself away from the assembly and moved back over to the group. If the ravens weren't going to open up then let the park have them.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

A Raven flies over the heads of the pack lands on the Sedan. It seems to be looking at the four of you, with it's head turned sideways. The others still seem to be cawing in amusement.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Pausing to look at the raven, Lifa eyed the little creature up and down.

"Have something to say?" Lifa asked, her tone a little gentler now that she didn't have to yell up against a cawing flock of pesks.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

"Are we going?" Softpaws asks the pack. Not her pack -- just the pack. In her Homid form, she is again shoeless, with her nailless hands gently scratching her arms as they are folded across her chest.

She eyes the raven suspiciously, but does not engage it.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Raven caws and pecks at the glass of the vehicle. It then looks at you once more.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa opens the door to the sedan to allow the raven to get in. She does not reply to Softpaws, she'll let someone else do that.

Assuming the raven gets into the car, Lifa will get into the driver seat and start the engine.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

The bird does indeed get in the car, but when Lifa gets in to start the car, before she can turn the key she is startled by the naked guy in the car with her.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa considered the nude man for several seconds, focusing on his face. Understanding that she wasn't just representing a pack anymore but the local Garou as a whole, she rescinding her prior annoynace and spoke with a much more level tone than one would expect.

"Heart-of-the-Storm of the Get of Fenris," she introduced "Yourself?"

After he had responded, she pushed a question forward: "How long has your group been observing the park? What have you seen?"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jason looks around the park one more time as he sees the raven fly into Lifa's vehicle. Getting into Deep Fang's SUV, he rests his head against the back of the seat. He's hurting slightly from the pain of the webbing and combat, but thankful that he's alive.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

"Do you... are you hurt?" Softpaws gingerly asks Hour Tales. She gets into the car with him, not really wanting to be alone with Lifa and Laughs.

Spoiler
    Show
    lol you're right.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-10-25 at 02:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If I recall, the Sedan belongs to Jason. And the SUV deepfang, correct?

"Einarr Sun-chaser. Pleased to meet you."

The naked man appears to be in his mid thirties, has short dark balding hair and a small strip of hair on his chin. He speaks in a sly matter, almost as if this is a game to him.

"Well I don't make it a point to watch parks. They tend to be boring. But all us city folk felt what was going on yesterday. So yeah, I was watching when your two friends over there showed up with the others and walked right into a wyrm trap."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa perked a slender, black eyebrow. A trap? So they knew they were coming.

"There were two others with them at the time, they were separated, did you see where they went?"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

"I may or may not know helpful information. But it's not free. I want two secrets for every one I tell you. That's the deal I offer." He says, with a grin.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Theurge considers the Corax silently for several seconds. She was knew in town - she knew nothing that could be considered a 'secret'. She didn't even know any secrets about the Cearn she used to participate in!

"Wait here," she says and gets out of the sedan. She approaches the SUV with Luke and Softpaws in it and taps on the window. When they wind it down, she speaks.

"We've got a Corax in the Sedan who might know where Deep Fang is but he's asking for secrets in exchange for info. I've got none - you guys?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

"A bird in a car is easy to catch -- even for a werewolf," Softpaws says glumly. She avoids looking at anyone, intent on the dashboard.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Back after my week hiatus.

Laughs gives a snort that they have to give up secrets. However, he nods his head once to indicate the he does indeed have a secret to tell.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa held out one thumb to count a single secret, then she looked at Luke, the last person to speak.

25. - Top - End - #505

Hour Tales looks on at the scene from the rearviewmirror of Deep Fang's SUV. "Is that guy naked in my car?" he wonders aloud.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa, whose looking in through the window of Deep Fangs SUV at the time, speaks up to Luke. "Yes, there is. He might know something as to Deep Fangs whereabouts but will only barter info for it. Laughs has a secret to tell him, we just need one more. Do you have one?"

27. - Top - End - #507

"I've got an amusing one, but it could ruin some of my reputation if it gets out," Jason says as he leans against the car. "I sometimes have to create original stories to tell before my clan when we meet, since I'm the only Glass Walker Galliard that regularly attends them. That said, I suffer from writer's block sometimes... Just last week, I told a tale of a Garou in a small town being pressed into service as a sideshow performer. That was actually Howling VI..." Jason chuckles slightly. "I mean, I put my own slight twists in on the stories I plagiarized, but the majority of it was from someone else. I've done that about four or five times."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Listening to Jason, a genuine smile crept across Lifa's features. She appreciated a bit of humor to ease the tension that had sprung up after events of today.

"I'll see if he buys it." Lifa mused. She imagined that the Corax, as capricious and easily-amused as they were, might find the idea of an actual werewolf acting in a film about werewolves to be more up their alley.

"Coming along to say yours?" she speaks to Laughs as she heads back to the sedan and hops into the front seat.

"Alright, " Lifa stated to the wereraven, "We'll say one of ours first, then you say yours. If we like what we hear, we'll tell you the other." she said.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

"No dice. I hear both secrets first. Then I will let you choose which secret I tell you. You may not like what my secret contains, and I'm in no position to force you to tell me what you agreed upon. So you pay up front." He says, calmly as he leans back in the seat. At that point Lifa does get a brief but good glimpse of his genitals before he shifts his leg so she can no longer see them.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs smiles and presses his snout to the glass. He begins telling his secret, though he does so in the Garou language.

"So you see, I was curious about humans, and their urban jungles. My tribemates would only tell me the worst of it, diseased cesspools where humans mated in the streets, and feasted of animals by the thousands.

"Surely I thought there was something worthwhile in these cities. Even humans would have a reason for building these places. Still, I was venturing into the unknown, going to a wild, untamed land. So I stole it. A little fetish, you see? It's not with me now, but it can make me look like a man even if I am wolf or in war form! I bet the other Red Talons want it back, but they were not using it, no! Though I must admit I am far better looking as a wolf, don't you agree?"
    The mangy, wolf pressed his snout a bit more against the glass, a truly ugly site for the corax.