New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Lifa didn't know which was more revolting: the wereravens genitals or Laughs face.

Repressing a shudder, she spoke. "Our Galliard seems to be a bit of a social artist whose boredom can mix with the drab of reality to produce flights of fantasy for his gullible tribe-mates. Thanks to his efforts, the local glass walkers are convinced that a real werewolf was the star behind the Howling VI, and other amusing, fanciful tales."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

He gives a big grin at your story. It appears to have struck his fancy.

Spoiler
    Show
    If laughs isn't using the fetish, then the following is said.
    "I can only imagine you're friend there is telling me a secret there, but I'm afraid I don't understand dog speak. So I'm gonna need a translation on that, unless you prefer my secret in coraxese."

"Alright, two secrets and two decent ones. A worthy trade. Now would you like to know what I know about the other pack mates, or find out what happened here in the park yesterday?" He then squeals/giggles and reaches underneath his arse. From it he produces a cell phone, one that does not belong to Lifa or Laughs. It seems to be vibrating. "I believe this belongs to you." he says, trying to hand it to Lifa.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa stares at the cell-phone with a face akin to the Grumpy Cat.

First one craps on her shoulder. Now one produced a cellphone from his buttocks. Out of all the wereravens in the world she had to encounter the anally-fixated ones.

Pulling her sleeve up and over one of her hands so that a thin, stretched bit of fabric covered the tip of her index finger, Lifa reached forward and demurely pressed the proper button to answer the phone, followed by the speaker phone. The Corax was still holding it.

"Yes?"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a long pause of silence on the phone and a male voice answers finally
    "Emily?"

The corax seems to be attempting to move it closer to your ear for you.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emily? Lifa wracked her brain for several seconds before it dawned on her - that was what Softpaws had said her human name was.

"Softpaws?" Lifa asks. Seeing the vocation of the Corax, she looks around for anything, presumably finding a small packet of tissues that she takes out and wraps around the phone to shield her hand against it.

"As in Softpaws, Emily, right?" she asks, opening the door to the sedan and getting out.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

As she searches for something to touch the phone, the voice fails to respond. Before she can even take it from the corax, she hears in the distance of the phone "Oh god, they got her." A certain degree of anger can be heard in the voice, and then the phone call ends.

The corax leans forward to hear if anything is being heard, and she gets another view of his package. "Aw, he hung up" He says disappointingly.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-10-29 at 01:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That was...unexpected. Lifa furrowed her brow at the phone. Had her accent driven him off?

Looking at the phone and gently wiping it with the tissue, she looks at the call log and calls the number back. At the same time, she walked over to Deep Fangs SUV and stood near the window. If the phone was ringing, she took the time to explain to the pair what the voice sounded like - maybe it was this Deep Fang fellow.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

With a total if six words, Lifa is unable to provide a description well enough that Soft Paws of Hour Tales can deny or confirm as deep fang. When the phone calls the number back, it just endlessly rings.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Handing the phone to Jason in the hope that the Glass Walker can technology it, Lifa goes back to the sedan and gets back in.

"So tell us what you saw with the other packmates." she says.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiles and leans back once more "Sure thing boss. Now I didn't see it, but the word is that my kind saw four clueless wolves come barrelling into the park. They promptly got into a fight with some bane tainted squirrels, and then went deeper into the park. When wyrm taint is that strong, we corax stay the hell away, so I don't have exact details. But about an hour later we saw two of them leaving with the aid of of three hobos. One of them was holding the side of his face, and blood was all over him. The other was being carried out, and he was worse off. Three legged wolf. Perhaps goes by the name lucky now?" He chuckles. "They headed west, but we didn't follow. My kind was too interested in what was going on in the park. You have any more secrets, or is our business concluded?"

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa considered what the wereraven said - she had no clue as to the local scene. Three hobos could've been three plain hobos to her, but it sounded like Bone Gnawers had come to the rescue.

Telling hte wereraven to stay there, politeley, she gets out of the sedan, again, and heads over to the SUV. She relays this information to the two occupants.

"Anything else we could press him for, or want to head off?" she asks of Softpaws and Jason. She assumed Laughs would enjoy keeping the corax company.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jason wipes the cell phone off with his shirt as he takes it and immediately begins looking for how to access the latest calls that the phone has received.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

"I played that message that was DeepFang talking,, like, a million times -- you don't remember what he sounded like? And my human last name is Windham, by the way," Softpaws says grumpily. She turns to Jason, "Let me see that number... We could always try calling it back from your phone, or mine, or the house's if their screening you."
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

It's softpaw's phone if you hadn't gathered. It must of fallen out on the ride over. The number is easy enough to find, and Jason does so.

Now that Lifa recalls the message, she doesn't think they were the same voice. She can't rule it out for certain however.

15. - Top - End - #525

Regardless of whether or not Jason recognizes the number of the last received call, he quickly dials the number and waits for the answer, if any.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gasp. I, uh, totally gathered that -- yeah. I knew it was my phone all along!

"But yeah, no wonder they thought someone had taken me -- it wasn't me who answered." Softpaws frowns.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Jason does not get a response. If you can make a Int+computers check, you can pull up info on the computer using the internet on Jason's phone. (Because we all know a glass walker would have it).

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood still has his face pressed against the back window, fogging up the window slightly with his breath, starting at the Corax, depply curious as this is the first shapechanger he's met besides a werewolf.

"Teach me a trick! I want to know a Corax trick!" He yips. Someone would need to translate the request for him.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

He changes back into a Raven, and eyes laughs carefully. His actions seem to be making the corax uncomfortable.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Getting back into the car, Lifa pulls out her cellphone and starts typing some things into it.

"For future reference I'll grab some contact info,"

She looks up to see Laughs ugly mug pressed against the glass, fogging it up, and the Corax in raven form.

"Hey, over here." she says to the Corax, clicking her fingers.

"Don't worry about him, he only eats birds when he's hungry. Isn't that right Laughs?"

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

"Tell him to teach me a Corax gift!" Laughs, excited, starts to jump around the back of the truck.

Spoiler
    Show
    One dot of charisma.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"No you can't have a Corax fillet." Lifa says, her brow furrowing with a hint of concern.

"He's not for eating," she says, gesturing to the Corax, "We'll get you drive through on the way home."

Amusing herself by tormenting the Corax slightly, especially after his prior little 'jokes', Lifa listens to the Laughs again, faking revelation. "Ohhh, a Corax gift! Sorry there," she turns and smiles reassuringly to the Corax. "A small inflection seems to make all the difference in the world!"

"He wants to know a Corax trick. Can you teach him anything? Otherwise he's going to be like this all night" she gestures with a thumb to the prancing wolf.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's quite a smooth operator.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

The bird leaps out of the Sedan and flutters over to the SUV, where it lands on the roof near Lifa. It caws a time or two to get Laughs attention, then it opens it's mouth wide and the yipping of Garou spews forth.
    "Teach me a trick! I want to know a Corax trick!"

24. - Top - End - #534

"He's got you down perfect," Jason chuckles slightly as he hears the shapeshifter mock Laughs as the Glass Walker boots up his computer.

(7d10)[9][10][7][7][4][8][10](55)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes Jason a Minute, but he chases the number location to a corner on 5th st and W Lake Ave.

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    It takes Jason a Minute, but he chases the number location to a corner on 5th st and W Lake Ave.
    "Got it!" Jason says as he quickly opens up a new internet tab and loads up Google. "5th and Lake," he adds as he types in the address. "That's about x miles from here. We need to go."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hearing Jasons words, Lifa headed over to the Sedan.

Before she drove off however, she grabbed the name and contact info off of the wereraven and put it into her phone. It was always handy knowing more people in the area.

Once that was done, she hoped in, told Laughs to get in, and got ready to follow Jason in the sedan.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs snorted in response to the mocking. He wanted to be taught a gift, not the victim of it.

Maybe next time. He stayed in the back, sinking low. He didn't have his monkey puzzle on him, no need for a wolf to stick his head out in the middle of a city.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing that you are clearly done with his business, the Corax flies off. As disappointed as Lifa may be, it does occur to her later that he wasn't carrying a cell phone in his pocket. And as far as she knows, he lives like a bird. So maybe he doesn't even have a number.

The group pulls up at the address, and sure enough they see a phone booth on one of the corners. Of course there's also no where to park...

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we downtown again? Lots of people around?