New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Yes, you are now in a downtown area. Its a Sunday morning, so the streets are not jam packed, but there are plenty of people around.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Of course it would be a payphone..." Jason mutters into the headset as he looks around the area. "Plan 'B', everyone. Look for a parking garage."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Following Jasons direction, Lifa twisted her head around in search of a "parking garage"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception + Alertness? (5d10)[9][6][5][6][8](34)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

So you find a parking garage.

What's the plan here?

5. - Top - End - #545

"It's been a while since we got the call, but I'd suggest at least looking around the area before we head on out. I doubt we'll find them, but it's worth a shot in case we do. And one more thing: we do not split up unless we absolutely have to."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Coming alongside Jason, "Think the payphone still has any scent on it?"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #547

"It could," Jason says as he closes the SUV's door and locks it behind him. "To tell the truth, I really don't know. All I know is that they were here about an hour ago. I have to at least take a look here."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Would have posted this sooner if I had been able to look at my books.

Long story short, there is no scent on the payphone. Trashcan is using scent of running water to erase their scent. Hour tales and Softpaws can figure this out with a straight up intellegence check to recall he can do that.

Otherwise, those with a occult of two or higher may simply suspect that is the gift in use right now.

On that note, is laughs getting out of the car and coming with the group?

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, think things will not be quite as busy in a week or so.

Laughs stays in the back of the truck and hunkers down. He doesn't have his Monkey Puzzle with him, and as mangy as he looks, he would not be able to pass off as a dog walking on the streets. He tells the others he'll "watch the car" as an excuse.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

So anywhere else the group would like to go? Or anything else they would like to try? Or is the group going back to the safehouse?

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

"If they're willing to use a phone and call, and are together, and we don't even know where to start looking for them... I mean, they heard the Moot Howl -- they had to've. S-so, I don't think we're doing any good wandering around the city anymore... Can we just go back home for now?" Softpaws speaks in a quiet, tired voice.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

12. - Top - End - #552

"I don't really think that they couldn't have heard the call," Jason says as he begins to head back to the parking garage. "It seemed to be relayed around the area pretty well. We can only hope that they'll meet us either at the meeting or sometime in the upcoming week."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

The pack heads home after a long morning. Unfortunately it appears things may be getting longer.

On the way home, the two cars get split up by traffic. The result is that Hour-tales and softpaws arrive home a few minutes ahead of Lifa and Laughs. When they pull into Catherine Ln, they immediatly notice a white Truck parked on the street in the front of the house. Parked in the driveway is a motorcycle, a Harley Davidson to be precise.

If they are brave enough to approach, they will also find the front door is no longer locked.

14. - Top - End - #554

Upon noticing the van and the motorcycle in their driveway, Jason drives on further down the street before parking the SUV on the side of the road, cautiously, he approaches the house and tests the lock before making a hasty retreat back to the vehicle.

"To say I don't like this one bit is obvious..." he says after telling the others about it.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

"I-I... guess we should wait for Lifa and Laughs..." Softpaws says, the blood draining from her face as her previous confidence is once again replaced by memories of her failure. The Metis hugs herself and avoids eye contact with her packmate.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

When they arrive, Laughs listens to the current situation. The Lupus is tired, cranky, and more than anything is looking for a night's rest. He growls.

"I'll swing around back."

Laughs scampers off to sneak around to the back of the house, to see if he can spot anything from there, and to be ready to move in if he needs to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth+Dexterity?
    Dexterity (3) + 2 for Lupus form + Stealth (3) = 8
    (8d10)[3][3][2][1][1][9][4][7](30)

In case of 10s (4d10)[1][5][6][8](20)

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The vehicles were rather ominous, and Lifa watched as Laughs scattered away to go around the back.

The Get of Fenris picked up the radio and spoke to Jason and Softpaws. "We'll meet you inside." she said.

She doubted this was an ambush. Ambushes usually don't give away their presence with vehicles in the front drive way.

With that, Lifa sunk a little lower in her seat and stepped sideways through the gauntlet. She'd move into the house and emerge through the mirror in the bathroom.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gnosis: (4d10)[4][10][5][8](27)

Then once in the umbra, make her way into the house, unless some other detail halts her.

18. - Top - End - #558

Jason speaks a brief affirmative before driving a bit closer to the house and stopping in the street. He opens the door and begins to head for the house.

He opens the front door quietly, body tense and ready at any moment to shift at any moment to a more combat ready form.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

So Hours & Softpaws are going in the front, Laughs is sneaking around the back (badly), and Lifa is going in through the Umbra. Luckily for Lifa, I think we just discussed there not being any Umbra defenses.

Laughs
    You find a doggy door in the back. It leads into the laundry room. Unfortunately the door is closed and you lack opposable thumbs. You don't hear anything out of the ordinary, but you do smell something yummy.

Lifa
    You enter through the bathroom mirror upstairs. Immediately you smell something cooking, and can someone humming to himself.

Hours & Softpaws.
    You slowly creak open the door, and immediately notice the wall is covered in buckshot, which appears to be made of silver from it's shine. You smell softpaws soup cooking, and it makes you hungry. You can hear a male voice, humming from the kitchen, but you can't see them from the front door.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, Gaia, we're split up again and there's a crazy Hunter with a Silver Shotgun in there who's going to cook us up in a soup!" Softpaws thinks to herself, eyes wide as they could go. She settles herself for a moment and tests the air -- and that Luna-cursed Silver -- for the Taint of the Wyrm.

Spoiler
    Show
    My favourite Gift! Sense Wyrm. (6d10)[7][7][2][8][3][2](29)

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

No smell of wyrm taint. You can be crazy without being tainted by the wyrm.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

As true as that may be, for Softpaws, the two are intrinsically linked. She is quite indoctrinated in the Garou philosophy that all evil springs from the Wyrm.

Visibly relaxing because she doesn't detect the presence of the Wyrm, Softpaws nonetheless does not make the first move into the house.

23. - Top - End - #563

Seeing the shine of the silver pellets embedded in the wall, a slight wave of anger begins to wash over Hour Tales. This is the danger that he was expecting and he allows his body to begin to shift. He intends to stop the transformation before it reaches the full height of Crinos, opting instead to go for the Lon Chaney Jr. look.

(3d10)[7][10][10](27)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So just a quick reminder, it is about one in the afternoon, and you've already used up the rite that allows you to keep your cloths. So if you transform, you will be naked when you change back. If that's Ok, we can easily proceed.

25. - Top - End - #565

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So just a quick reminder, it is about one in the afternoon, and you've already used up the rite that allows you to keep your cloths. So if you transform, you will be naked when you change back. If that's Ok, we can easily proceed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All right, at least there's a form that allows one to be out in public naked and be accepted in society if we have to flee. If we don't he can always change back in his room.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Standing in the kitchen looking over the stew is a youthful man in old blue jeans, black boots, a leather biker vest, and a black cowboy hat. He wears no shirt, and appears to be in good shape. The vest appears to have lots of tiny holes on one side, and his body has a small amount of blood on them. He turns so you can see his face better, and it is not one of fear.
    Spoiler
    Show

On the kitchen table sits a sawed off shotgun, a set of lock picks, a backpack, and a yellow beatup phonebook. Below the table is a dead body, a man in a kevlar vest whose neck appears to be snapped. Besides the shotgun shells in a bandolier, he appears to be armed with several silver shining knives.

The man next to the stew keeps a friendly smile on his face, but takes a step back. "Easy there cousin. I'm not your enemy. Although I did take care of one of yours for you."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-14 at 12:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

A thumping sound is heard as Laughs tries to stand on his hind legs and work the door nob.

He growls. "Damned, man-contraption."

28. - Top - End - #568

"I guess we owe you our thanks, then," Hour Tales says as he leans against the kitchen wall. "I do have to ask, though, about how you came across this guy and why here. I don't mean to sound accusing, but it does seem a bit convenient."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Creeping her way downstairs, Lifa detected the conversation between the newcomer and Jason. She also heard Laughs rattling away at the door like a dog-in-the-rain desparate to come in.

Both of those things convinced her that Jason probably knew whoever it was within the kitchen, otherwise a fight probably would've broken out by now so she headed to the back door.

Laughs could see Lifa's image emerge in the back-door window and stare down at him, an amused smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she watched him fumble uselessly with the doorhandle.

Smirking, she raised her human hand and gave Laughs a little wave.

She'd let him in.

Eventually.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't take this the wrong way, but could you change back some. I have a hard time understanding anyone in Crinos. Your mouth isn't wolf or human, making both languages awkward." He walks over to the kitchen table and picks up the phone book. Walking over to hours, he hands it to him. "It's a fetish. Looks like a phone book, but shows you nearby safe places when you know how to use it. Kin folk, other garou, and rarely people with obsessions to shapechangers. That was a uncomfortable night, let me tell you." He says with a grin.

He walks back to the stew. "Yeah, so I showed up and it looked like nobody was home. I walked up to the door and it wasn't even closed completely. I called out but nobody answered, so I decided to take a look and the next thing I know he's shooting at me. I didn't detect any wyrm on him though." After tasting the stew with spoon, he adds "When I get a chance, I figured I would just dump the body in the umbra. Seems a good place to dump bodies."