Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1160
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws, now a jet black wolf with splashes of red fur on her two front legs, rolls her eyes dramatically and growls quietly at her computer-wielding pack mate. She then takes off at a run towards the indicated area, smelling about for signs of... Anything, really.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    For the record, you would have needed 5 successes to go from Homid to Lupus. (One to change, 1 for each form). However if you took 2 turns, you could have gone to chrinos one turn (no rolls needed because its her natural form), and lupus the next turn with those rolls. Since time was not a issue here, it's not a big deal. Just clarifying.

    Primal urge is used for hunting. Survival for tracking. So it's a little tricky of a spot. I would go with survival, were I calling for a roll. However I will use that roll to tell you that the stink of the wyrm has left a remaining odor. (since you have sense worm).


    Soft paws begins sniffing around the park, moving carefully. I'm sure your packmates watch you carefully. However she stops when she comes to a picnic area.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Chairs, blankets, food, and even children's toys have be deserted here. It doesn't take you much to conclude that something very bad has happened here.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-11 at 08:23 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    The clawless wolf sniffs around a bit until she gets to the picnic area, where she yelps suddenly and comes running back to her pack.

    In the Garou tongue she whines and growls the information to the gathered homids, her tone getting higher and her cadence faster as she begins to freak out. "Th-the Wyrm! It st-stinks of the Wyrm around there -- with toys and food and chairs all around like everyone just got sucked up -- I-I-I don't know what happened but I don't like it. C-can you guys Step Sideways all together because I bet the Umbra is like majorly *^$& up around here -- even though it's a park and it shouldn't be but when I saw those empty chairs and this kid's ball just lying there I-I-I knew that something was up and of we don't stick together then we'll all die like the Bone Gnawers who were here before us!!"
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    As soft paws finishes speaking, she notices something out of place on the car. Something very weird. A albino squirrel. It appears to be snarling and drooling a angry dog.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Those standing around the vehicle may make Perception+alertness rolls versus it's dex+stealth to see it.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws cuts off with a lupine shriek and looks horrified at the albino squirrel.

    She seems so worked up as to be hysterical. Clearly, the young Metis is on edge.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    At word of the wyrm, Deep Fang shifts to Glabro, and pulls his dagger out. Boar was right!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shift: sta + primal urge: (7d10)[52]


    Spoiler
    Show

    See squirrel: Perception + Alert: (3d10)[22]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "God, I hate it when this happens..." Jason mutters as he hears the growls of Softpaw relating to the Wyrm, he quickly looks around for the source of the incoherant growls that follow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception+Alertness: (5d10)[8][5][8][9][1](31)


    After looking, he watches as Deep Fang begins to shift his form and begins to do the same.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stamina+Primal Urge: (2d10)[8][6](14) (Going Glabro)
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South East England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Worried by everything going on Sam looks to Deep Fang for orders.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spotting the Squrriel Perception (4) + Alertness (3) + Wolf sight (1)
    (8d10)[4][10][3][4][3][8][2][4](38)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Seeing the terror in Soft-paws voice and face, Deep fang gets out of the vehicle and moves to her to calm her down while changing to Glabro form. Following his lead, Trashcan and Hour-tales get out of the car to follow, with tales transforming to Glabro form as well. As the two step out of the car, they notice the squirrel at about the same time. The albino squirrel leaps at Deep fang, landing on his back snarling and shrieking something fierce before biting and clawing him. It's shrieks are nearly earsplitting to soft-paws, and it echoes throughout the park. The squirrel is in a rage.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bite (4d10)[4][4][10][3](21)
    Potential aggravated damage (2d10)[2][10](12)
    plus potential damage from successes (3d10)[3][5][6](14)

    Claw (4d10)[4][4][4][10](22)
    Potential aggravated damage (2d10)[7][5](12)
    plus potential damage from successes (3d10)[5][9][5](19)

    Edit: So two damage from the bite and one from the claw. Easily soak-able.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative please (1d10+dex+wits)
    (1d10+4)[12]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-12 at 02:37 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws yelps, worried for her Alpha.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you want initiative done like this?
    (1d10+7)[9]
    5 dex + 2 wits?
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales has to wince as he sees the squirrel lunge at Deep Fang. He turns to his friends beside him. "What do you think for this?" he asks, the dark hair finally stopping its growth around his jaw and neck. "Wolf Man or full-out Howling?"

    [spoiler](1d10+6)[16]
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Would we assume that Deep Fang starts off with the Totem +2 Brawl Gift?


    Spoiler
    Show

    I assume the damage is all lethal?
    Soak: (6d10)[9][3][7][6][6][3](34)

    Initiative: (1d10+8)[10]


    If the squirrel is still on his back, then Deep Fang will drop hard onto his back, trying to crush the squirrel between his body and the ground. If the squirrel drops off his back, before his turn, then Deep Fang will attempt to stab it with his dagger.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Take whichever roll is appropriate given where the squirrel is

    Attack to Crush: Dex + Brawl
    (9d10)[1][1][5][4][9][3][7][3][2](35)
    Damage: Str
    (5d10)[5][1][9][6][2](23)


    Attack to Stab: Dex + Melee
    (7d10)[2][3][2][7][10][7][1](32)
    Damage: Str
    (5d10)[10][5][1][5][9](30)


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South East England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Initiative (1d10+6)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "Stand still!" Hour Tales calls out as Deep Fang reacts to the evil-looking squirrel on his back. Knowing that he might have to explain this later if he misses, the melee-challenged Hour Tales clinches a fist before firing it towards Deep Fang's back, hoping that he'll manage to hit the small critter.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d10)[5][6][3](14) Punch
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    Firstly, the damage was aggravated. Second, you need a second stamina roll but with 6 dice, you likely will soak it without a problem. Third, first one to claim the benefit of your totem spirit gets it first. I believe we already discussed how it gets passed between you.


    Tales takes a swing at the little vermin, trying to help his leader but the little bastard is too fast and moves.

    (Burnheart is up)

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South East England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Sam instinctivly shifts back into Lupus form and calls upon his natural gifts before scenting the air, seeking to discover if this creature is alone or if more are hidden around the park.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So auto shifting to breed form, spending a Gnosis point to activate Heighted Senses (smell) and rolling a perception check to sniff the air and find out whats happening.

    (7d10)[5][10][10][3][1][9][10](48) with a -3 to difficulty from Heighten Senses.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone could find me something that says otherwise, I would welcome it. But as best as I can figure it, using your gifts is a action. Sniffing around would be another action. Thankfully because he is returning to his natural form, it is considered a instant/free action for the change to lupus form. But that is still is two actions.

    So if he had to roll dice for the gift, he would have a -2 to the dice roll, and he has a -3 to the perception check. So he would only use the first 4 dice. Still, that's 5 successes I'm pretty sure.

    So Sam smells more foul smelling squirrels nearby. At least 5, possibly more.


    Squirrel's turn
    As the ravenous squirrel climbs about Deep Fang's back, it continues to claw and bite him once more.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bite (4d10)[9][1][4][8](22)
    Damage (2d10)[3][10](13) plus added successes (3d10)[1][7][1](9)
    and again, raging turn
    claw (4d10)[9][10][8][3](30)
    Damage (2d10)[9][9](18) plus added successes (3d10)[2][8][2](12)

    2 damage from the bite, 3 from the claws. Again, this is aggravated but even if you actually take damage, you don't suffer penalties until next turn.

    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-13 at 02:17 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Soak: (6d10)[1][1][4][9][6][5](26)

    Spoiler
    Show

    I forgot, do 1's take away from soak successes?
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-06-13 at 06:28 PM.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, for pretty much everything sadly.


    Also, need a soak roll every time you take damage.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-13 at 06:49 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws growls, snapping out of her terror when she sees that her Alpha is in actual danger taking actual damage from the squirrel. This is wrong, and needs to stop. Her Rage rises to the surface, mutating her lupine firm into one built for combat. She leaps across the small space, hoping to tear the beast off Deep Fang's back and shake it like a rag doll in her prehistoric jaws.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe it is my turn?
    Correct me with any mistakes; it has been years since I've played and can't remember what we did that was house rules and what was by-the-book

    Spend a Rage to Fast Shift into Hispo.
    Current stats: Str 5 Dex 5 Sta 7 Brawl 1
    Action: Bite on the Squirrel (Dif 5 Dmg Str+2)
    (6d10)[10][6][2][2][2][5](27)
    Damage (Aggravated)
    (7d10)[4][7][8][4][6][7][4](40)
    I'm not certain what the bonus dmg you're rolling is for -- do successes to hit add dice of damage? If so
    Possible bonus damage
    (5d10)[10][4][2][3][9](28)

    Give me the Brawl dice on your turn, use your Dagger
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    I myself have repeatedly checked rule books since combat began. It doesn't help my familiarity is with Vampire, and apparently how I had been taught to do combat is different than what the book says. But one step at a time.

    1) Xian: 2 more soak rolls please.

    2) Yes, you need only one success to hit. If you hit, you roll damage dice equal to whatever the damage is supposed to be. For each additional success you hit something with, you get an additional damage dice. Thus the squirrel was able to do 3 damage even though his damage is only 2 dice. (yes, the 10 also helped).



    Angry at the little bastard on his back, Deep Fang attempts to sandwich the tiny creature between the hard ground and a solid 300 pounds of Garou. However the crafty little bugger simply leaps off, letting off a series of chitters that sound like laughter. Squirrels are well known for mocking dogs after all.

    However the small white beast didn't account for Softpaws quick thinking. Being the one most aware of the situation, softpaws doubles in size and leaps quickly at the squirrel. The creature, completely unaware of it's enemy's ally, is trapped in her massive jaw and torn apart. A foul taste fills softpaws mouth, and she quickly spits the remains of the vile creature out at her leaders feet.

    The battle is over for the moment, but you know there are more nearby.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Soak: (6d10)[10][5][6][7][3][10](41)

    Soak: (6d10)[8][7][5][10][6][3](39)

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Using your soak rolls in the order you made them, you received no damage from the squirrel.

    The ball is in your court again.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws looks aghast at the Squirrel-that-was-not-a-squirrel. She casts about for more, her adrenaline putting a fearsome cast to her Hispo mein. Her hackles are up and she sniffs the air carefully.

    It seems her success in defending her Alpha has emboldened her; she stands proud and tall.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South East England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Sam shifts into Hispo form then growls "Careful there's more of them around us"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stamina (3) plus Primal Urge (3) plus gift bonus (1) (7d10)[2][5][7][6][1][8][3](32)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Deep Fang stands up, a little embarrased at being caught off guard and his inability to effectively get the squirrel off his back. He decides to stay in Glabro Form and weild his Fang Dagger, Passing the Totem benefits to Softpaws. Track them.... I want to know their source, perhaps we will find our packmate at it's end., he will say to his Lupus packpate.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist
    SWSE: Laikir Nootka : Duros Scoundrel, Skill Monkey Pilot

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws nods when she receives the Boar's blessing. She feels ready to rid the world of these things.

    But, first she must find them. Her senses are still sharpened in the Near Wolf form, and she takes advantage of them now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hispo reduces perception difficulties by 1
    Perception + Survival =8
    (8d10)[1][1][4][8][10][9][9][2](44) for tracking / hunting. To use Primal Urge, shave off the last two rolls.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South East England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Nodding to his Alpha Sam gets to work tracking the beasts that surround the pack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (4) plus Primal Urge (3) plus gift bonus (1) (8d10)[5][1][1][3][9][3][3][7](32) -3 to difficulty from gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    It doesn't take Trashcan and Softpaws long to find the creatures. No more than 50 feet from where you were, you find several trees whose leaves interlink. Sitting in these branches sit five squirrels, all of the albino white with red beady eyes that simply stare at you. Upon your approach, they begin a eerie chatter amongst themselves. They sit looking down upon you, well out of your reach, laughing among themselves.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws whines back at the pack, the frustration and impotence plain on her face. "What do we do now?"
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •