Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Softpaws looks wide-eyed at the man, and uses Truth of Gaia to determine if he is lying. She tries to size him up, but finds herself wanting to believe him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Int + Emp vs Man Sub
    (6d10)[9][1][9][9][7][2](37)
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He speaks truth

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

"I trust you," Softpaws says, stepping around Hour Tales and approaching the man. "May I see your wound? I am Softpaws,and this is my pack mate, Hour Tales. Where are you from? Why are you traveling through here? How long are you staying?" Once again, the young Metis throws caution to the wind.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiles at young soft paws. "Lots of questions. Lots of questions indeed for one so young. Careful. If you try to look at too much at once, you end up missing everything."

"My name is Raven Running-Joke, but you can shorten that however you feel. I actually knew your names because of the book." He says, pointing at the book he handed Hours. He then pulls the vest back, revealing his abs better and the location of where he should be wounded. "As you can see, he hardly got me, and I have managed to heal all of it since then."

"As I said, just looking for a safe place to stay the night. Some Corax mentioned your pack was split up, and so I figured there would be a spare bed for me. I travel alot, so I wouldn't mind a hotel room honestly, but Raven forbids me from carrying wealth. Which means I usually settle for the couches of others, or a small tent. If you would have me, It would just be for the night." He says with hopeful smile.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

"Can he stay here?" Softpaws asks her pack mate, clearly hoping that the mysterious stranger will stay the night. Turning to the attractive newcomer, "You talked with the Corax? Wow..."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

"Corax are easy to talk to once you get used to them. They don't believe in keeping secrets, and are obsessed with knowing everything. So usually I tell them a hard riddle, make them tell me everything I want know because they' can't figure it out, and then tell them the answer." He chuckles while stirring the soup.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Laughs paced back and forth in the cramp room, his eyes on Lifa.

"Long night. Want sleep."

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Having had her fun, Lifa slowly reaches down and turns the doorknob, then pulls open the door.
    "Here is this mass of jelly that you can hold in the palm of your hand, and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space" - Vilayanur Ramachandran

9. - Top - End - #579
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Having trouble? I'll be right back," Hour Tales says as he heads back to his room. Once inside and with the door closed and secured, he changes back into his breed form and dresses quickly before returning.

He returns as the newcomer states that they can't figure something out and laughs politely as he does.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, that is sooo cool," Softpaws gushes.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the the Lupine come up the stairs from the laundry room, he turns and pours some stew into a bowl before putting it on the floor for him. "Careful my furry friend. If you make too much of a mess, softpaws may have to give you a bath." He says with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two scenes to go, and I'll be handing out xp. So start thinking of what you learned.

Jason never did answer the question. Is it safe to assume you're letting him stay the night?
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-16 at 02:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I prefer attractive women," the lupine retorts to the stranger, sticking his snout into the soup. He didn't bother to ask questions, he was hungry, and he seemed to be agreeable with the others. Was this the Shadow Lord they had been missing? Probably not, but whoever he was, Laughs figured he'd already said, or would say soon enough.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Life knelt down to observe the dead guard to see if he was wyrm-tained and how he died. She also tried to spot if any modifications had been made to him that were hallmarks of a Pentex agent.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally, get to use medicine: (7d10)[8][2][5][1][1][8][6](31)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-11-16 at 02:50 AM.
    "Here is this mass of jelly that you can hold in the palm of your hand, and it can contemplate the vastness of interstellar space" - Vilayanur Ramachandran

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you know pentex manufactures silver buck shot shells? You do now.

However besides the ammo, there is nothing to connect him to Pentex. He appears to be a normal human.

He steps back and motions for everyone to help themselves.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-16 at 03:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585

Spoiler
    Show
    That depends on whether or not the soup's any good. LOL.

"If you want to stay here for the night or however long you want to, that's fine by me," Jason says as he gathers bowls for the others. "I do want to know what exactly we do with our guest out there," he says, pointing to the other room with the dead intruder in it. "I also want to know if any of our neighbors heard the shot."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

"My thanks for your hospitality. As I was telling softpaws here when you were changing back, when I get a chance I'll just dump it in the umbra. The spirits will understand, unlike the police" He says with a grin.

"About the gun shot, I can't say. The neighbors across from you were gone, but the ones on the sides of you were home. Nobody was outside at the time I think. Perhaps we should swing over and ask 'did you hear any gunshots earlier? Because you would regret it if you did'... " He chuckles at his own joke.

17. - Top - End - #587

"I don't think that will be necessary, because the police certainly haven't shown up yet. I'll probably fix up this wall in the next couple of days. Good soup, by the way."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you in town for the Moot? Why do you only need to stay one night?" The young Metis continues to be openly inquisitive. She manages to keep her temper after the Lupus's jibe, reasoning that he is probably more into dogs anyway. Smiling to herself, Softpaws gets some soup and sits down at the kitchen table.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't thank me for the stew. I just found it, added some spices, and heated it up."

"A moot you say? Well that sounds interesting. No I'm not here for that. I travel a lot, always trying to make the wyrm suffer. Just last week I delivered a package Pentex that was addressed to the CEO. Assuming there was anything left of it after he opened it, I would have loved to see his face"
    He snickers.
    "But the real reason I'm in town is because something's going on. Lot's of shape changers are suddenly coming out of the woodwork and are showing up around the windy city. Obviously you're gonna come across Corax all over the place, and I'm sure the sewers are filled with Ratkin but supposedly there numbers are much higher than they should be. Plus my feathery informants tell me they've spotted a Bastet and a Nagah in the last week. Supposedly there are a couple of anasi in the city already, and I've got a sneaking suspicion a Nuwisha is sneaking around too. With all that, I'm waiting for the Rokea to show up in lake michigan." The thought of that statement makes him grin larger.
    "So I've got lots of wandering to do. Plus I don't want to overstay a welcome. You'd get sick of me fast. So just a night. "

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws's eyes shine in admiration as Raven tells his story, a silly grin on her face.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Three of the four players just ate stew that was prepared by a guy who just showed up with a dead body in your house. Just have to point out how hilarious that is. Too bad it's not poisoned.

The group has the well seasoned left over stew, and everyone's belly is fully. They go their separate ways in the house for the time being, and if anyone would like to do something on their own, they have a few hours.

The moon is half full, so the philodox regains total amount of rage, everyone else gains 3.

That evening your 'cousin' finds his way out to the back porch, produces a brazier from his pack and starts a small fire with it. Once it get's going, he invites you all out to join him. He does not give a reason. Do you accept?

22. - Top - End - #592

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three of the four players just ate stew that was prepared by a guy who just showed up with a dead body in your house. Just have to point out how hilarious that is. Too bad it's not poisoned.

The group has the well seasoned left over stew, and everyone's belly is fully. They go their separate ways in the house for the time being, and if anyone would like to do something on their own, they have a few hours.

The moon is half full, so the philodox regains total amount of rage, everyone else gains 3.

That evening your 'cousin' finds his way out to the back porch, produces a brazier from his pack and starts a small fire with it. Once it get's going, he invites you all out to join him. He does not give a reason. Do you accept?
    Jason accepts the newcomers offer and sits down on the back porch, directly across from their new guest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know, RPGs are funny like that.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Softpaws (1d4)[2]
    Laughs (1d4)[3]
    Lifa (1d4)[1]
    Hours (1d4)[1]

The night goes by quietly, and everyone gets some rest. In the morning Lifa awakes and goes about her daily routine. In mid shower she smells something strange nearby. Unable to place it, she finishes up quickly and gets out of the shower. However her scream wakes those who are still sleeping, as she looks in the mirror and discovers large chunks of her hair have been bleached. A side effect that was caused when someone mixed something into the shampoo she deduces rather quickly.

That is the first problem of the morning. On a presumably unrelated note, It also becomes clear the visitor has left in the early AM, and disposed of the body like he promised. The car that belonged to the human still sits outside however. The motorcycle is gone.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-26 at 12:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #594

Jason spends the rest of the night thinking about the things that the trickster had shown him and what it possibly meant. It had been a form of a vision quest, he knew, something held high in regard to Garou and the Native Americans of the region as well. Thinking of the symbolism involved with the vision, he manages to deduce that there would be two choices that he can make: one would involve the deaths of almost everyone and the other involved a lot of pain and suffering, but seemingly left everyone alive and going to war with Rat. Despite this, the original pack would remain separated.

The second part also strikes home, especially with the Moot coming up. Determining that he'd have to make sure that all Garou, no matter what tribe or breed, would work together to fight the wyrm back and gain another victory against it.

He wakes up suddenly to a woman's screams and bolts out of bed. Grabbing a nearby baseball bat, he races towards the scream and lets out a sigh of relief when he learns that it was just their host playing another one of his infamous tricks.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws wakes up late, groggy and depressed from yesterday's failures. She can't quite muster a chuckle at Lifa's bleached hair, and goes about getting some breakfast for herself, trying to lose some of the fog of sleep with the simple act of cooking.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Laughs was in homid form now, having gained some of his rage back. He fell to the floor when he saw Life with her bleached hair. "All the kinfolk are going to want the bleached girl!"

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

After the abrupt fright, Lifa glared at her image in the mirror - her jaw clenched and the veins in her forearms thickening from her tight grip upon the sink.

Her beautiful, long black hair had been sullied! Oh that Corax bastard would pay for this.

Pulling her hair up into her hands, she wrapped a thick band near her skull to create a top-knot that accentuated the Northern European angles of her face.

"So it would seem." Lifa replied coldly, her molten fury bubbling beneath the surface of her words as Laughs rolled about on the floor behind her.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

The day proves to be mostly uneventful beyond the shampoo incident. Is there anything anyone would like to do?

Otherwise we shall skip to the early afternoon, where it is spotted through the front window that a taxi is pulling out of the pack's driveway. You don't see anyone in the yard though, so perhaps no one got out.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-28 at 12:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599

Jason looks out the window as he sees the taxi leave the driveway and then looks around the area, but sees nothing. "What the hell?" Jason says as he continues to look out of the window.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is it Deepfang?" Softpaws says, her hopes rising.