New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

"I don't know," Jason says as he continues to look outside of the window. "A taxi just pulled out of our drive, but I don't see anyone nearby at all."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs (7d10)[2][7][1][2][3][6][8](29)
    Lifa (5d10)[8][1][2][1][4](16)
    Softpaws (8d10)[7][7][3][3][5][3][4][3](35)
    Jason (5d10)[6][6][8][4][4](28)

Holy cow I never realized the pack had such a good perception+alertness

Everyone but Lifa hears someone coming into the house from back entrance.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-11-30 at 12:57 AM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Still glaring at the mirror, her blue eyes burning with a fierce intensity, Lifa was going over in her head all the methods she could use to get back at this...bastard.

A string of chemicals ran through her head as she recalled her med student days...itching powder...laxative...

Lifa narrowed her eyes while glaring at the white streaks in her dark hair.

"You.Will.Pay."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #604

Jason hears the noise at the back door and points towards it. He begins to make his way to the backdoor, making a quick detour near the bathroom door to pick up the baseball bat that's still there.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws shrugs and stays close to the Glass Walker. She hoped there wouldn't be a fight...
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Coming from the laundry room, emerges two figures. The one leading has only one arm, the other a bandaged face. As they emerge quietly the come face to face with hour tales and a baseball bat, Softpaws standing directly behind him.
    The two groups pause for a moment before everyone's eyes settle to the dark area, and Jason realizes it's Deep Fang and Trashcan Sam.

The one armed deep fang looks both of them over before murmuring "... Softpaws? Hour Tales? We feared you were both wyrm food."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, thank Gaia!" Softpaws cries, rushing forward to embrace Deepfang. She does not seem to immediately recognize that he's missing a limb. "I knew it was you, I just knew it," she says into his shirt.

8. - Top - End - #608

"Good Gaia," Jason says as he sees the injured Deep Fang walk into the house. "What on Earth happened to you both? Do you need us to do anything?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

He grunts at the question, touching where his arm used to be. It's clear it's still sore physically and emotionally. "Our bad encounter with the filthy wyrm mage went from bad to worse when agents of the weaver showed up. If not for local bone gnawers, I would surely be dead. What happened to you two? You disappeared into thin air. Literally."

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Drawing her attention away from the mirror, Lifa dressed herself fully and dried the rest of her hair. At least at six two in height, most people focused on the length of her frame than her hair.

Pulling her mane back into a ponytail, the Theurge wandered off downstairs where she heard teh sounds of talking. As she drew closer, an unknown voice gave her pause for concern, but hearing Jason and Softpaws chattering calmly set her at ease.

Happening upon the reunion, the Get of Fenris made a quiet appearance.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #611

"We charged the mage and then we ended up in the Umbra several miles away, in downtown," Jason says.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Scratching his chin, he looks thoughtful for a moment. "Odd... I've never heard of such a thing. And who's this woman with the streaked hair? Is she the one Sam spoke to on the phone yesterday?"

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa considered the one-armed man for for several brief moments. Given how joyous Softpaws seem to be and the mans ease of entering the house, she had an inkling of who he was.

"I'm Lifa - I ran into these two at a boar-themed bar downtown several days ago. They looked pretty shook up."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs had been going to the bathroom. The sound of a flushing toilet was heard, as he stepped out. "I grant the humans this one compliment, that their machines help prevent an enemy from tracking you more easily."

He stopped as he saw there were new faces. No one was fighting though. "Hi."

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

"Deepfang, Sam, you should meet Laughs-at-Blood and Lifa. They've been living here and we've been trying to find you," Softpaws introduces everyone.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

At some point it is clarified how everyone met. There are some questions about your tribes. Yadda yadda yadda. Deep Fang shakes everyone's hand. To lifa & Laughs "Well thank you for your aid. If you are indeed pack-less, and Boar led you to us, I would be happy to commence the ritual to make you official pack mates after I get some rest. Provided you are interested."

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood shrugged. "Ain't got nowhere else to go." Despite the added slang, he was serious, somewhat casual about it too, unusual for a werewolf.

He gave the Shadow Lord a good, long look to assess him. After all, he had heard stories about their kind, liars and bastards all. However, he had tried to dismiss it as he did most Tribe stereotypes... most. He could see nothing wrong, but would keep his eyes on him, at least for a little while.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa smiled at Laughs comment. It was casual...it didn't sound too enthusiastic, but it was true enough.

"We don't exactly have a set destination." she followed up.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws has nothing to add to the conversation. She looks thoughtful, but doesn't say anything.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

"How... encouraging." He mutters, before wandering upstairs. The bone gnawer with a bandaged eye gives you both a look over before turning into a Lupine and getting on the couch.

Anything anyone would like to do over the next week?

Also, experience time. What have you learned?

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws has had a difficult time lately. She has learned that she is impulsive, and should try to listen better. She can't accomplish anything on her own -- if the pack is not willing to act, she can't do it on her own.

The young Metis will buy a punching bag, and work out with it for long hours, just beating some of her angst out.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs learned to outwit the pattern spiders. If he had continued to attack them directly, they would have lost, but instead he went for their webs.

He did his task for the raccoon spirit, knocking over the garbage cans.

He learned more about the city, and the state of its spirits.

Failed miserably to sneak around back of the house when their guest came.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa learned more about the Corax - how to get their attention and how not to get their attention.

She learned more about the spirits of the area and what ones belong. (the "bat" spirit of the park that wasn't)

She encountered pattern spiders for the first time and learned first hand as to their tactics and methods.

She learned more about the spirits of the area surrounding the house. (when she explored)

She learned more about the humans intrusions into the spirit world. (connecting the weaver in the park with the Men in Black the Boar-inn bartender was talking about)

She's gained more trust in Laughs and Jason, not so much Softpaws.

24. - Top - End - #624

As Jason heads into his room before the initiation ceremony, he begins to think about what's happened in the last few days. The first thing that comes into his mind is that he must learn--is learning--to be more of a leader to the others in the pack. Softpaws' first attempt at leadership was less than stellar, he knows, though he believes that the young Garou should be better at it in time. The vision that he saw last night also weighs heavily upon his mind. Deep Fang returning complicated things, certainly. Jason had always considered the alpha to be his friend and a fair leader, however the vision seemingly stated that if the pack continued to follow his leadership it would end in their deaths.

Somewhat troubled, he leaves the room and gets Deep Fang's attention. "I need to speak with you after the ceremony," he says. "I feel it's very important."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Before the ceremony begins, but after he's gained some rest, deep fang comes to speak with Hours. "What's going on? Is there something I need to know about those two?" A look of suspicion is clear on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone roll a d10. That's your rage score for the moot. Everyone regains, to their max, 4 gnosis.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-12-12 at 04:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

d10 (1d10)[1](1)

Softpaws will increase her str from 2 to 3, if that's okay

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rage for Laughs at Blood
    (1d10)[7](7)

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Before the ceremony begins, but after he's gained some rest, deep fang comes to speak with Hours. "What's going on? Is there something I need to know about those two?" A look of suspicion is clear on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone roll a d10. That's your rage score for the moot. Everyone regains, to their max, 4 gnosis.
    (1d10)[6](6)

"No, it's nothing about them," Jason says, noticing the suspicion in Deep Fang's voice and mannerisms. "As you may know, we had a visitor last night. He saved us from some Hunter and then stayed a bit to offer advice. He showed me a vision of what could come to pass," he adds.

"In this vision, I saw two tunnels ahead of me, obviously referring to a set of choices that we must make in the future. In one tunnel, there are a trail of bodies sprawled throughout witt Softpaws among them. I'm still there at the end of the tunnel, but I'm with you and Garou that I don't know and we're unsure of what quite to do.

The other tunnel has no bodies, only a small trail of blood. All of us are here, even the two newcomers, but we're going in a separate direction from you, following Rat. You walk away, following Boar, along with several other Garou that I don't recognize.

Then, I see that the tunnels are gone and that I am in the city turned from a forest when a form of the Wyrm attacks. I'm joined by several others: three wolves, a cougar, a rat and a large bird. The others come together to form a sword which I use to strike at the Wyrm, forcing it to retreat.

You can take the vision as you will, but I have my own interpretation: at the moot you will make a suggestion that will lead to the doom of this pack. You will favor a strong assault against what's to come and it will devastate us. What we need to do is to make several quick and surgical strikes against our foes and then retreat to make another on another day."

Jason stops and waits for Deep Fang's reaction.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

"First off, I have no idea what that could mean. Because I have no plans of attack, nor would I likely produce one at the moot. Secondly, Lifa mentioned the guest was a corax. I can't say I've ever had trust for the Fera, and certainly not a damn bird. How do you know he wasn't trying to trick you into making a tactical error? You say he saved everyone from a hunter, but one hunter would be no match for four Garou. And no one saw the guy when he was alive. Maybe he just murdered some guy, and made up a story to gain your trust. Consider that. Otherwise, Trashcan's the theurge, talk to him about how trust worthy a corax would be. It sounds like a trick to me though." He then places his hand on Jason's shoulder. "You did good Jason. It sounds like you held things together when we were gone well enough. It also sounds like softpaws has been having some problems. I've been thinking it was a mistake to make one so young Beta. Would you be interested in stepping up?"

hayabusa
    Spoiler
    Show
    , I need to know what Jason learned so I can hand out xp.

psiclone57
    Spoiler
    Show
    That change is fine. With all the combat, she has been using her strength a bit. Which will make her quite the beefy 15 year old.

With one rage, it looks like Softpaws has been sulking all week.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does everyone like rolling 1d10 for determining rage. It's how the book says it, but with two rolls it already seems odd to me. One member is super low, and the other super angry. Just remember that when you have a rage higher than your willpower, you have penalties to social rolls because the rage is that apparent.

Speaking of willpower, who needs to recover willpower? and by how much?

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    "First off, I have no idea what that could mean. Because I have no plans of attack, nor would I likely produce one at the moot. Secondly, Lifa mentioned the guest was a corax. I can't say I've ever had trust for the Fera, and certainly not a damn bird. How do you know he wasn't trying to trick you into making a tactical error? You say he saved everyone from a hunter, but one hunter would be no match for four Garou. And no one saw the guy when he was alive. Maybe he just murdered some guy, and made up a story to gain your trust. Consider that. Otherwise, Trashcan's the theurge, talk to him about how trust worthy a corax would be. It sounds like a trick to me though." He then places his hand on Jason's shoulder. "You did good Jason. It sounds like you held things together when we were gone well enough. It also sounds like softpaws has been having some problems. I've been thinking it was a mistake to make one so young Beta. Would you be interested in stepping up?"

hayabusa
    Spoiler
    Show
    , I need to know what Jason learned so I can hand out xp.

psiclone57
    Spoiler
    Show
    That change is fine. With all the combat, she has been using her strength a bit. Which will make her quite the beefy 15 year old.

With one rage, it looks like Softpaws has been sulking all week.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does everyone like rolling 1d10 for determining rage. It's how the book says it, but with two rolls it already seems odd to me. One member is super low, and the other super angry. Just remember that when you have a rage higher than your willpower, you have penalties to social rolls because the rage is that apparent.

Speaking of willpower, who needs to recover willpower? and by how much?
    OOC: I kinda did in #624, but as an in-character retrospective.

"I really don't feel like it is a trick," Jason replies to Deep Fang's thoughts. "In a way, I already see some truth in it due to what happened with that mage," he adds. "We tried a frontal assault and failed horribly, taking several casualties."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show