New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Not exactly what I was thinking of, but if it happens it happens... Jason thinks as Laughs at Blood speaks. "That's not true," he says, stopping but not turning around. His bones begin to shift on their own, the words cracking slightly in the middle of the next sentence before shifting into the easier to speak Garou tongue. "I do not pity your for your injuries, nor do I think you weaker for them. I am concerned about how your leadership has been affected by recent events. As I said before, I'm gone, *garble* decision on whether or not they wish to leave with me or stay. If you still want to attack me, go ahead, I will be prepared to defend myself, though."

Defiant, Jason takes a step forward.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

2. - Top - End - #662

Stamina+PrimalUrge for Crinos: (3d10)[4][8][4](16)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Let see if Laughs words are enough to push him into a frenzy.
    (5d10)[1][6][4][9][6](26)

Twisting them, turning them in his head, they appear to eat away at him. He lets out a growl, as the fury inside him drives him slightly crazy. But he was bred to show honor, and the words just don't push him far enough when combined with Jason's passive aggressive tactics. He tenses, but then slowly calms down.

"Coward...." He says in english.
    Turning back to the fire, he howls loudly with anger. So loud the entire forest can hear him, and the affect calms him after a moment. All eyes are on Deep Fang, even Boar who says nothing. Turning to the rest, Deep Fang begins to speak in broken Lupine. "You must choose... All of you!... Stay or leave... Decide now!"
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-12-20 at 07:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs sighed. He would have to work on being a better Ragabash. "One is not certain of himself and hesitates, the other is too certain and moves forward too quickly. I think I shall go with the one who follows his heart... the Glass Walker." Laughs felt a small bit of shame admitting that he, a Red Talon, would side with the Weaver Tribe of the Garou Nation.

WIth a deferential, but short bow to the boar spirit, he moved over to Jason.

5. - Top - End - #665

Hour Tales begins his walk back to his car, bracing himself for a tackle from an enraged Deep Fang. He ignores his former Alpha's cries and turns back into his human form about halfway from the campfire to the vehicle. He gets in the car and places the key in the ignition and waits for anyone else in the pack to join him. "What the **** did I just do?" he says aloud.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching Laughs and Lifa walk off, the Bone Gnawer that spoke up shifts uncomfortably from one foot to the next. It's clear some of her is thinking about following. Enraged that a complete stranger would follow Jason, he moves very close to her, and gets in her face. "You... going?"

Clearly frightened by him, she shakes her head and gives a quick glance in their direction before turning back to Deep Fang. A nervous look on her face. "No... No... I'm good here. We're all fine here... How are you?"

Deep Fang turns his firey glance towards soft paws. Moving across the camp he lowers himself to her level, looking deep into her eyes. He spits out "And you?", and begins waiting.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour Tales sits in his car waiting, and not long after Lifa and Laughs follow. It becomes clear that's it. What do they do from there?

8. - Top - End - #668

"Well then," Jason says as the others get into the car with him. Only two of them. It wasn't exactly what he had planned when he had stood up to Deep Fang. Maybe he should have taken his chances with challenging him for leadership of the pack. It really didn't matter now, for his choice had already been made. "I think we should head home and pack up our things. Probably get a couple of hotel rooms for the night and then start finding another place to live."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws shakes her head, "you know I'll always stay with you, Deep Fang," she says easily. She bites her lip "You know, we really shouldn't fracture the pack like this -- it isn't right."

The metis looks conflicted about the situation, but it is obvious she isn't running to join the splinter pack.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs nodded his head in understand, then looked up to the sky. "So buddy, you really okay with this? Okay with leaving the others to their bloody fate? If you want, there's always the Moot..."

11. - Top - End - #671

"I don't want them to die," Jason says. "However, it's not like I can change people's minds at will. Deep Fang is very stubborn, now more than ever. Softpaws, I really don't know. I can try at the moot: maybe talk with the elders about it, but I don't know if I'll get anywhere with that, either."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs looked Jason over once, then nodded again. "I suppose not. We must be shown how to do things."

CMT ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs is going to try to leave a message at the house, without Jason or Life knowing. The note will read:

Deep Fang,

You are three-legged. Worse you are a Shadow Walker. Almost as bad the pack you have let the pack split in two. I challenge you for Alpha at the Moot, in front of all the Werewolves, not just the pack and Boar. I feel it only fair to give you ample warning given your handicap.

When I win, my first order will be for you to bathe and remove your stink.

-Laughs at Blood

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa sat quietly in the car as Laughs and Jason talked. She wasn't sure how she felt leaving Softpaws behind. Granted she thought the girl was a reckless burke, but if Jasons preminitions were true...she didn't want to see her die because of it.

And those other three Bone Gnawers?

Lifa herself was a lost cub, something her "finders" had told her was a wonderful sign due to the Garou's lack of numbers in todays world. From what little she'd seen of Deep Fang she didn't really care for him, so she'd lose no sleep there. But the other five? Something about it didn't fit well with her. She could only hope that by the time of the Moot, the five of them hadn't gone off on Deep Fangs crusade.

"So are we robbing a convenience store or snatching purses to get the cash we need for a new place?" she said sarcastically.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psiclone57 View Post
    Softpaws shakes her head, "you know I'll always stay with you, Deep Fang," she says easily. She bites her lip "You know, we really shouldn't fracture the pack like this -- it isn't right."

The metis looks conflicted about the situation, but it is obvious she isn't running to join the splinter pack.
    "I just wanted to hear it from you one more time. Jason just walked out on the pack. I would not have predicted it." He turns and watches the others walk off in the distance.

"What could I do? He wouldn't even challenge me. Like a coward, he ran off."

Unless softpaws adds anything, Deep Fang continues the ceremony adding the three bone gnawers under Boar's protection. He then asks Boar to take away his protection of those who have turned their back on the pack.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

"W-what? Really?" Softpaws interrupts Deep Fang as he asks Boar to remove his blessing from the wayward packmates. "Just because they don't wanna be with us, doesn't make 'em any less fellows under Boar."

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

"W-what? Really?" Softpaws interrupts Deep Fang as he asks Boar to remove his blessing from the wayward packmates. "Just because they don't wanna be with us, doesn't make 'em any less fellows under Boar."
    "This pack has earned the protection of Boar. They do not wish to be part of this pack, so let them lose it. If they deserve it, they can re-earn it on their own. But no free rides for cowards. Doesn't that make sense?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws backs down, casting her gaze away from her pack leader. No, it doesn't really make sense, she thinks to herself.

"O-okay, so what now?" she says quietly.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws backs down, casting her gaze away from her pack leader. No, it doesn't really make sense, she thinks to herself.

"O-okay, so what now?" she says quietly.
    "We finish this ceremony and go home..." He growls, sounding annoyed. Turning around, he continues his request of Boar. The spirit ponders for a moment before responding. "As you wish Deep Fang. But if they decide to once more earn my favor, I will still grant it to them."

With the protections extended and removed, Boar disappears from the smoke. Deep fang walks around the camp, looking everyone in the face.
    "Alright, for those of you who just joined us, Softpaws was my Beta. She has done an excellent job, but I have asked her to step down for the time being. Trashcan Sam shall be my new Beta. If I am not around, you are to treat him as alpha. Our new pack Galliard will be Sally, since we have lost our old one. Are there anymore questions?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rogue pack, for now please return to using this thread.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-01-02 at 10:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

"I, uh, don't really know you three..." Softpaws begins awkwardly, "but my name is Softpaws, and I'm a Philodox. Don't lie to me! I, um, can tell when people are lying really well." She blushes and doesn't know what else to add. This wasn't at all what it was like when they created the pack in the first place.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

As Deep Fang and Sam chat off on the side for a moment, the newbies each come and introduce themselves better. Both Walks and Todd seem very friendly. As it turns out, Walks is also a Philidox. Todd is a Ragabash, and also needs a shower as he smells like BO. Sally, is the last to introduce herself, and she strikes you as very timid. Nor does it seem she is more than a couple years older than Softpaws.

Finally Deep Fang orders everyone to put out the fire, and meet him at the car. He then takes off with Sam. After a bit of grumbling, the new pack stamps out the fire. Just as they begin to head back the way they came, two new individuals enter the camp.

A bearded man in animal skins and feathers in his hair, and a park ranger in full uniform. They clearly weren't expecting to find you, as they stop in surprise.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Do I recognize the ranger from the park I work at?
    "Um... hi," Softpaws says nervously.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, that took much too long to find in my notes. No, Emily works in Jelke Creek Bird Sanctuary in Elgin. She has never met this guy.

"..What..What are you kids doing here? This park is closed after dusk?"

The bearded man smiles, fangs showing from his mouth. It becomes clear that the feathers on his neck... are part of his neck. "Relax son... Just some kids having fun. Am I right? They're just about to leave."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

"Wh-what...?" Softpaws stammers eloquently. She resorts to her default means of assessing one's character, the Gift Sense Wyrm.

Spoiler
    Show
    (6d10)[4][3][10][4][9][4](34)

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, she senses the wyrm in both of them. More on the bearded guy with fangs in animal skins.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws' thoughts play out clearly on her guileless face. First, she looks closer at the two men, then recoils as she senses the taint of the Wyrm upon them. Her eyes narrow as she thinks first to fight them, but, her Rage being as subdued as it is, and the memory of her most recent fight still haunting her, the Metis quickly backs down. Defeated, she slumps her shoulders guiltily and whimpers, "W-we should just g-get outta here, you guys..."

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Scent of True Sight (4d10)[2][2][10][10](24)

Dances sniffs the air for a moment, much as soft paws had been doing. Looking at the two, she gulps and utters a minor whimper. "...I agree with softpaws"

"Wait, you call her softpaws? What kind of name is that?"

The bearded man chuckles at his associate. "Shut your mouth child. They were just leaving."
    Clearly seeing the discomfort of Softpaws and Dances, Todd steps closer to them defiantly. "We were? I don't remember saying that?" He says, trying to stare them down. The bearded man grits his teeth, and flashes a small handaxe under his clothes. It gleams brightly under the moon's light, making itself quite apparent. "I have a silver axe. I think you were just leaving."

The word of silver, combined with the fear of the other three, Todd steps back and nods. Everyone begins carefully backing away from the scene.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-01-05 at 06:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quickly traipsing through the woods, the group returns to where the pack originally parked. Softpaws can't help but look where Jason was parked, and think of how he left so quickly. In addition to Deep Fang's SUV, a very old buick is parked nearby as well. Deep Fang and Trashcan as quietly conversing when the four approach.

Immediately sensing distress in his pack, Deep Fang turns and looks upon everyone's face. "What's wrong? What happened?"

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

"I, um, we saw -- or, passed -- there's, like, two Wyrm tainted guys in there aand they m-meant business. The guy with the feathers had a silvered axe, and..." Softpaws squeaks the story out, clearly upset by it. Really, she's just ashamed she didn't kill them on sight, but really she can't trust anyone to get her back, so she did all she could, right?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking over the pack, Deep Fang appears to be slightly annoyed. Thinking for a moment however, he remembers that there was no leadership to lead the pack into battle. The thought comforts him and he shrugs. "Well I'll make sure we're not being followed on the way out. We can take a look around another day. Just don't mention this at the moot." He says with a wink.

Slowly, everyone shuffles into a car and the pack takes a long trip home as they make sure they're not being followed. Upon arriving back at the safe house, things are reorganized so everyone has a place to sleep. It's suggested Todd take a shower, and at some point Soft Paws realizes her and Deep Fang are the only one's with their own room to themselves now.

Several hours later Soft Paws lay awake in bed, wondering to herself how everything changed so fast. It is then that her excellent hearing detects a quiet howl not far outside her window. Looking out, she see's a Red tinted wolf in the back yard. It seems to be looking directly at her window, and when it see's her, it beckons with it's head.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws bites her lip, but decides she'd better see what it wants. She runs over possiblilities for who it could be as she opens her window, shifts to Lupus, and makes her way to the red wolf.

A black wolf with red patches on her paw, Softpaws greets the other wolf quietly, "I am called Softpaws. Who are you?" Quite accustomed to speaking in Garou, she lacks her characteristic stutter and has more poise in her furred forms.