New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

"Hey!" Lifa piques up, her green eyes bright in the spirit world.

"Heart-of-the-Storm." she introduces herself, "That's fascinating - what is it?"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood doesn't attack Deep Fang. No, not yet. He howls out, accepting the fight as if Deep Fang was the instigator since he threw the first punch, making sure that the others there know it's a challenge.

With mouth curves into a smile, letting Deep Fang know that he had fell for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just going to dodge this turn. Main thing is he wants other Garou to see, and give Deep Fang the choice of backing down in front of all of them, or committing to the fight.

Dodging: (9d10)[8][10][5][10][3][2][6][8][3](55)

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

@Lifa
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Taborna" he says simply. "It is a arm that has been damaged by the taint of the weaver. Presumably."

"Did you need something?"

@Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    How disappointing. As per rules of frenzy, he spends this round changing into Crinos. Immediately after changing, one of the shadow lords nearby simply touches him, and DeepFang goes flying to the ground. As the frenzied beast stands up, he is met by the shadow walker leader. Whispers of Darkness simply stares at DeepFang intensely, murmuring something about shame. In response, the frenzied wolf simply freezes, unable to move. Whispers of Darkness continues this for almost a minute. By that time a Child of Gaia arrives, and removes the frenzy with some calming words.

With a clear mind again, DeepFang shamefully looks towards the ground as his tribe mates give him cold glares. Meanwhile, Laughs is approached by the leader, Whispers of Darkness. Although Laughs is not usually intimidated by Shadow Lords, there is something cold and savage in his eyes that frightens Laughs slightly. "You came here looking for trouble Talon. You have started it, and now it has found you. Return to your tribe, and do not approach the lords again tonight. Do I make myself clear?"

@Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is clearly a commotion over by the Shadow Lords. Upon attempting to look, it is clear that Laughs and Deep Fang were involved. Presumably there was some kind of fight, but neither looks hurt in the slightest. Laughs is in Hispo, and seems to be getting a stern talking to by the Shadow Lord Leader.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hour Tales decides to follow Eyes to the meeting, hoping to learn all that he can about leadership. Upon hearing the commotion, Jason has to wonder if the duel has already begun, but it seems that it was just a show of bravado on one end.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs shook his head and laughed scornfully, a rasping sound in his Hispo form. "You do the same as him. You twist words to get the outcome you want. He has found every excuse to remain Alpha and now that he has none, you come to stop the natural cycle because I have started trouble. Trouble." Laughs scoffed. "Fine. May the dream be wrong, or his death is on you."

Laughs shifted in Lupus and trotted away, but not towards the Red Talons. He went to the Bone Gnawers to find those who were apart of the pack in Chicago.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

@Hour Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Speak of the devil" Eyes comments as you walk past.

Walking toward the Silver Fangs, the two glass walkers are stopped by Keeps-the-peace. "Can I help you Eyes?" Eyes of the world simply gives a friendly smile. "Of course. You're the person I wanted to talk to" he lies.
    "Cut the ****. What do you want?"
    "Tribal announcements. I want the glass walkers to go before the shadow lords".
    "Wonderful! Anything else?"
    "Well can you do it?"
    "Of course not. You know the shadow lords go after the silver fangs."
    "Right. But I also know DuskSlayer is speaking last tonight, so they won't be complaining with Silver Fangs going after them."
    "And how would you know that?"
    "I'm a tribal leader. And the glass walkers control two Caerns in the city. I know what he's speaking about."
    Keeps-the-Peace seems annoyed that Eyes of the world has inside information. "So what are you proposing?"
    "Just have Hopes go in alphabetical order. He probably was going to anyway. Please. If you do this for me, I can see to it that a Talon finds its way into your paws."
    She pauses, considering his generous offer. "Alright. I'll speak with him about it."
    "Thanks Peace, you're the best."
    She turns and returns to the group of silver fangs. Eyes turns to Jason, and gives him the thumbs up.
    "That worked out pretty well. Just make sure you have someone from your pack ready to speak after I announce it... Oh, and you should probably participate in the opening hunt. It would earn you guys some extra glory. Have you found a totem yet?"

@Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs has no trouble locating finding all four of them. They seem to be congregated together. Trashcan Sam seems to be giving Laughs a wary eye, having seen that something just went down with his alpha.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs was in Lupus, so kept his message simple. "Deep Fang frenzied in a stare down with me. Should not lead. Glass Walker's dream will come true. Think on it."

If he had his way, he would have had his challenge and won, and it would have been over with. No wonder the Shadow Lords had what leadership they did. Even in victory they twisted the situation to their own ends. Now all he could do was plant the seeds of doubt within them and give Hour Tales a better chance.

He waited to see if they had any reaction before going back to the Red Talons.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

@Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trashcan Sam; Lupine, long running member, and now Beta steps forward. "I don't know who you think you are, but frenzy could happen to anyone. It means nothing of leadership. You and Hour Tales have been misled. All your actions have done is divide us into two much weaker packs. It is not Deep Fang who is misguided."
    Since he is in his breed form, he faces Laughs defiantly.
    The newer pack members, however, do not look as sure about this.

Roll Charisma+expression/Leadership
    in addition
    Roll Perception+Empathy to notice clear discontent in Spray Can.
    Your opposed roll is this (Difficulty 6) (2d10)[1][5](6)
    Edit: wow, she botched. Consider the difficulty lowered to 4, as she blurts out something offensive to Deep Fang.

@Softpaws
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taborna eventually returns with the arm to Soft Paws and Cries Loudly. A sad look on his face tells you his answer before he speaks. "I have not seen his arm socket, so I cannot say for certain. But if it is similar to this arm, he will never be able to regrow it or reattach it. This arm has been changed, corrupted if you will, by powers of the weaver. And the weaver dislikes change. There will be no healing that I can offer."
    "Well thank you Taborna, for trying at the very least. Well Soft Paws, who would you like to go speak with first?"
    "Before you go. if it would be alright, I would like to continue examining the arm. I may still learn much about it." He begs softpaws.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-02 at 03:07 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

"Um, yeah. I don't know why Many Names even gave it to me, but if it'll help you maybe learn something. Yes, you can look at it all you want," Softpaws says thoughtfully. "Why... don't we go and find Hour Tales first." Her shoulders slumped, Softpaws begins to look for the Glass Walker Galliard.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"What I need is a new house with a fountain made of gold. What I want is to know what this is all about - it's fascinating!" she started, chirping up towards the end.

Peering closer, she narrows her eyes in scrutiny.

"Last time I saw something like this was a couple of days ago at a park..." she utters, stroking her chin.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #791

"I've been thinking about going Rat, but the others have already outvoted me on that.Truth be told, I don't quite know what they want as our totem. As for speaking, I'll be the one talk about that. Hunt? Sounds fun."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws & Hour Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jason's conversation is interrupted as they are approached by Cries Loudly, and a Garou in Crinos form. It doesn't take Jason long to realize that the claw less beast is Soft Paws.
    "Good day to you Eyes of the World, Hour Tales. We were hoping to speak with Hour Tales in private for a bit."
    "Anything you say to him, you should have no trouble saying infront of me."
    "I suppose that's fair. It's nothing secretive." She turns to Soft Paws. "Why don't you start with telling him what you told me."

Lifa
    Spoiler
    Show
    He laughs at your words. "I think you may need to look up the definition of need." Going back to the arm "The spiders a telltale sign of the weaver. You'd likely see it in the city area. Although I wouldn't have guessed a park."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-02 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

"I really didn't believe you at first, but Raven took me out to meet Many Names, and she convinced me. You're just doing this the wrong way!"

14. - Top - End - #794

"I'm glad that someone was able to convince you when I was unable to," Jason says, looking up at Softpaws, for the Glass Walker is still in his native Homid form. "As for doing it wrong, I have to admit that I may have botched it up some. Yet there was no way for me to get Deep Fang to listen and there was no way that I could have beaten him in combat, one-armed or not. So, I challenged him and the others in another way."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

"You challenged them another way? What do you mean?" Softpaws Co cks her head to the side, "but, I dont think you should make a new pack. You should lead the one you're already in! If you wanna follow Rat, that's fine, you can do that - but Many Names said there are different ways to interpret dreams, and I think you might have to think about that rat thing more before you abandon Boar. Anyway, you have my support, even though I'm not Beta anymore."

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oh yes, a park," Lifa stated matter-of-factly, "Whole place was over-run with pattern spiders. Had to fight a few off. I was going to bring it up to smoeone else at the moot later on, but it's related to this anyway."

Lifa cnosidered something for a moment, looking at the single arm.

"Actually, now that I think about it. A Shadow Lord lost an arm at that same park..."

17. - Top - End - #797

"I questioned Deep Fang's ability to lead a pack and left it up for the others to decide, and himself to defend his leadership abilities. I was saddened that I wasn't able to convince all of you.

As for leading the pack I was in, that's certainly something I cannot do now. I'm sure you've heard that one of my companions has challenged Deep Fang for this moot?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls: Charisma+Leadership = 2

(2d10)[4][10](14)

Perception + Empathy = 4

(4d10)[4][2][8][1](15)

"I think I am a Red Talon, a Ragabash, and I think few people like me. I am also right. Do you really think a Red Talon would side with a Glass Walker otherwise?"

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws hadn't heard, but when she learns who challenged him, she grinds her teeth and growls her next few sentences. "That skeevy mother ****er has no Right to Challenge - he's not even in the pack. What an *******, thinks he can..." she gets a hold of herself with some difficulty and looks directly into Hour Tales eyes.

"Do you remember that time none of us had tried anchovies, and you took us to that pizza place you like and we all had them together? Do we really mean so little to you that you're ready to abandon us after one conversation with Deep Fang? Right after Jsckdaw died? Right after Deep Fang lost his arm forever? I mean,I love you like a brother -you're my pack. You're family. Why are you running away from this? For Laughs and Lifa? You don't even know them!"

20. - Top - End - #800

Jason laughs at the memory of only a year ago at the pizza parlor before the laugh stops cold in his throat. It had been fun, he thought, but now two of the people there were dead and another hated him. Gaia, I never thought that it would end up like this, he thinks.

"We're more than family," he finally says after a moment of reflection. "We're a pack. At least we were... I never meant to throw any of it away, Softpaws," he says. "All I wanted was my family and my pack to be safe. You said that you met with Raven and Many Names, did you see it for yourself? It was horrible. I planned on speaking with you tonight over it, but I'm glad that won't have the opportunity to fail again."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws looks down at her Homid packmate. She almost reaches out and hugs him, but stops herself. "I, um, didn't actually see it, no. But Many Names is very wise, and she spoke to me about... Look. She said the Wyrm is going to get strong. Stronger than ever. You are going to stop it, and you are going to need help. She said maybe even other Fera -- so maybe that was what the Rat in your dream meant -- you gotta talk to a Rat Fera. I know I can help you, but only if you stay with our pack. We'll be strong if we can learn to work together," Softpaws clears her throat, clenching and unclenching her massive, clawless, Crinos hands.

"Deep Fang is stronger than you, but let's face it: you're way smarter, and he's so proud and overconfident... Here's what I think. You don't have to challenge him to a physical contest. You don't. That's playing to the Ahroun's strength, but nothing says you can't play to your Galliard strengths. He might be cocky enough -- especially in front of his Shadow Lord friends who he's trying to impress -- to let you pick the challenge. Just, y'know, mention something about Deepest Fang and how he never got defeated and was Alpha of his pack until he died.

"I'm sure we four can think of a good challenge that would give you a good shot of winning. Making your own three Garou pack will just make you weaker when it comes time to face the Wyrm, Hour Tales. And... and I won't be there with you when you do it. 'cus I'll be dead,"
    the Metis speaks excitedly, going off her own momentum until she finishes her thoughts. She looks, eyes wide, at the two Elders for confirmation her plan has merits, and then her gaze rests on Hour Tales. Her lupine face open and guileless as it always is.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs isn't sure, but the youthful bone gnawer clearly feels the same as laughs, muttering how 'they should have called him dumbfang'. She's met with two distinct glares from two of the others. She quickly blushes and shrinks half an inch.

Trashcan Sam continues to press into Laughs face. "What did I tell you? Run along Red Talon. I don't care for the reasoning you try and confuse my pack with. I don't care for the words you speak. So understand this. We Bone Gnawers are greater in number then your Talon, stick together no matter what, and you are surrounded by us. You do not want to start a fight here, for I will finish it."

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws & Hour Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two elders clear their throat. It's clear Eyes of the world has no idea what's going on, but stands next to Jason trying to be supportive. Cries Loudly interrupts with a few words of wisdom.
    "DeepFang would have a right to refuse, simply because you have left the pack Hour Tales. And even if he accepted it, because you challenged him, he would have the right to choose the method. If you both believe strongly in this, you two should go to him together. Speak to him as you speak to each other. Tell him what he means to you. Then tell him that you want to return to the pack. Once he does that, ask him to step down for a time. Explain it to him calmly. You don't even have to suggest one of yourselves as leader. He will listen to reason once he is no longer defensive."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws scratches hher head, "yeah, maybe I got a little carried away there."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs couldn't help himself. He rolled onto his back laughing. "Oh yes, the wretched Red Talon will cower and flee!" He laughed louder. "Very good though, all Bone Gnawers stick together. Where one goes, all go."

He rolled up to his feet. "Being seeing you."

He offered a quick, surreptitious wink to Spray Can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manipulation + Subterfuge to make it so only Spray Can catches the wink.

[rolllv]7d10[/rollv]

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Try this again.

(7d10)[6][5][2][5][5][6][1](30)

27. - Top - End - #807

"That's a good idea," Jason says to Softpaws. "How am I going to go over the current challenge to him, however?" He is then interrupted and listens to his elder's advice. "I shall," he states.
    Last edited by hayabusa; 2013-02-03 at 04:05 PM.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, should we do it now? I think things will start moving really quickly if we try to wait."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaving the massive group of bone gnawers, he can feels the stares from many of them that follow him. What may just as disconcerting, is that it appears he was being watched by some of the Red Talons. No doubt on behalf of CC. For the time being, does he do anything else?

Soft Paws & Hour Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eyes of the world seems taken back by all of the information, while cries continues to stay on top of things. "We'll have to take things as they go. He didn't do that on your behalf did he? Provided he didn't, that would go a long way." Turning to Soft Paws, she blurts out a question to soft paws before she can think about it. "Do you want to wait til Taborna is done with his arm, and give it to him? Would that improve his mood?" Immediatly after she blushes and covers her mouth, realizing her folly.
    "What?!!!"

30. - Top - End - #810

"What's this about Deep Fang's arm?" Jason asks Softpaws, eyes looking to the others for any help on the situation as well. "Are they fixing some type of prosthetic for him?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show