New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

"Um, we might be able to fix his arm, but," Softpaws looks at the ground, "I don't know, it didn't look good. "
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs is content for now. He'll go back with the Red Talons.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'm just surprised that you all went looking for it and actually found it," Hour Tales replies.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was recovered by... trusted spirits and returned to soft Paws. But it seems very likely we may not be able to re-attach it to Deep Fang. Do you two think it would help when talking to Deep fang or not? If not, we should probably go now."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

"Not unless its a sure thing," Softpaws declares with finality.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour Tales & Soft Paws
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon their agreement that the arm is of no benefit, the three go to talk to Deep Fang. Eyes of the world has much to do, and doesn't understand the situation well enough to help. When the three approach the Shadow Lords however, they are quickly stopped by several Shadow Lords. After arguments of needing to speak to Deep Fang have been made, they summon their tribal Leader, Whispers of Darkness. He puts it plainly like this "Listen, I understand there is some sort of political power grab going on. I don't know the full situation, and frankly I don't care. Deep Fang's tribe has been pulled apart by Hour Tale's actions, and just this afternoon that Red Talon that follows him started a fight with Deep Fang. There are bigger things at hand right now, and I'm not going to let this pack drama distract us. If you (He says, pointing to Hour Tales) want to make amends, you know where he lives. This is neither the time nor the place. So unless there is a life or death emergency, I don't want any of you bothering Deep Fang."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-08 at 03:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws looks at her elder and Hour Tales, but seems unwilling to press the issue to with the Shadow Lord by herself.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: rolling for the arm thing:

Wits + enigmas: (6d10)[10][3][10][1][6][3](33))
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa raises a slender, black eyebrow as a few things clicked within her genius brain.

"Ohh, look!" she uttered, jabbing a finger forward towards a particular spiral of patterns across the arm.

She then spent the next five minutes relaying an epiphany regarding the weaver-infested arm. The fact that it belonged to Deep Fang only made the Theurge giggle - that pompous prick had no grounds on which to snort his halitosis in her direction anymore.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-02-10 at 05:19 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone is interrupted in what they are doing, as they hear the shoot of the Silver Fang leader. He strong voice bellows through the entire camp, despite the large noise and crosstalk.
    "Attention Brothers and Sisters. We shall be opening this moot in just a few minutes. Would the tribes please send their volunteered members forward to participate in the traditional opening hunts. We will have four separate hunts, one for each cardinal direction. You have ten minutes."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-10 at 10:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821

"That's my cue, then," Jason says as he body begins to shift, shrinking in most places as he takes the form of a dark-furred wolf. "Make sure my clothes get back to the camp, please," he growls in Garou to the others as he slips out of them, accidentally clawing through part of his shirt. "I hate it when I do that..."

(3d10)[6][5][10](21)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, I guess we will talk to deep Fang afterwards." Cries announces, and the three walk away from Whispers of Darkness. Once Hours breaks off, Cries turns to softpaws. "Were you planning on participating in the hunt? I think each tribe gets to send 4 volunteers?"

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, okay -- what do I do?"

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs returned to the Red Talons. He doubted he would be chosen for the hunt, though a part of him wanted it, just as any wolf would. He had talked quite a bit this night, and now remained somewhat reserved. Gaining the enmity of all the Shadow Lords, and raising eyebrows when a Red Talon was amongst the Bone Gnawers was already quite an accomplishment. Good or bad, Laughs could not say, nor did he care.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    Were you going Hispo or Lupus?

Laughs at Blood
    Spoiler
    Show
    You return to the group of Talons, and find they are all drawing straws to see who goes. Not surprising, almost every Red Talon wants to go. If he wishes, he is able to draw a straw.

Soft Paws
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cries puts her arms around Soft Paws in a nurturing way. "You've never participated in the opening hunt before? Well now you have to for sure. You just go over to the bonfire, and when everyone's ready you shift into the Umbra. They have four spirit stags that have been summoned, and the goal is to take one down before anyone else." (She also tells you it's a great way to regain gnosis in some wording that doesn't sound horrendously mechanical.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-12 at 12:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs take a straw with his mouth. It would do no good to not at least try.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

As luck would have it, Laughs removes a colored straw. He gets to go to the hunt.
    (1d10)[6]
    (19d10)[1][3][8][2][2][10][4][5][9][2][6][6][5][6][9][6][3][8][1](96)

Unless anyone objects, the hunt will start. (Details to follow)
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-12 at 11:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa watches the assembly gather for the opening of the hunt.

Hunting...wasn't exactly her forte. If they wanted her to run an ELISA scan or do a western blot of some proteins, she was their woman. But as it were, running around in the forest and gnawing at the legs of animals wasn't part of the wolf that she had particularly desired to experience just yet.

Besides, there was prestige attached to this hunt. Lifa wasn't selfish enough that she'd want to try and grab something that she was crap at, when more capable hunters could do a much better job and represent the tribe better.

Turning to the assembled group of Get of Fenris, all of them with at least half a decade on her, Lifa speaks up.

"So, which one of you is volunteering?"

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

@Lifa
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other three seem to be getting ready, stripping down and putting their homid gear safely in their packs. Seeks Justice turns towards Lifa as he takes his shirt off "Well each tribe gets one spot per hunt, and there are four hunts. So we figured we'd all go. Why? You sitting this one out?"
    "It's alright, she's probably sleepy from her stew." Death wish teases.

For those participating
    Spoiler
    Show
    The competitors begin to gather around the reflecting pools that have been placed near the bonfire. They eagerly await the word of their elders that the hunt has officially begun. Four groups have formed, one in the North, East, West, and South. Each garou has shifted into either Lupus or Hispo forms, as these are the most beneficial form.

To start off the competition, Roll initiative, followed by gnosis to shift into the umbra (difficulty 4), followed by Perception+survival to track the prey stag spirit. (Hispo lowers the difficulty by 1, Lupus by 2). After it's spotted, a chase begins. Hispo is going to move slightly faster, because the dex bonus is +2 rather than lupus' +1.

So pick your form, your starting direction, and make your rolls

Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever direction chooses, a bone gnawer lupus approaches. The lupus sends a bone gnawer that was already there away, and turns towards him. "Let's see what you have to offer Talon. We'll see how cocky you are after you're beaten by a bone gnawer."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-14 at 12:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830

(1d10+8)[8](16)

Hour Tales walks his way to the reflecting pool and stares into the water, seeing his wolf body and the moon overhead beyond it. He had never been all that good at slipping into the Umbra, and nervously paws at the dirt in front of him. Inhaling deep through his lupine nostrils, he takes another step, not into the water, but through it.

(2d10)[6][4](10)

Assuming that he is successful upon slipping into the Umbra, Hour Tales chooses to head towards the group heading north, sniffing at the ground trying to find the hart.

(3d10)[2][4][7](13)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa narrows her eyes softly at Death Wish and her "cute" little jab.

"I see why they call you Death Wish now," the Theurge stated, as she slipped her hands to the bottom of her shirt and hoisted it off her shoulders. "Your humor makes us wish for death!" her tone remains similar to that of wishes - friendly banter and good natured teasing.

Once she disrobes completely, Lifa's form contorts into that of a great, grey wolf of the north, her well-kept grey fur embodying the Fenris image.

Shifting into the impressive image, Lifa bounds off in pursuit of the hunt!

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+5)[8]
    Umbra Shift: (4d10)[2][6][4][8](20)
    Perception: (3d10)[3][2][6](11)

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs chooses to go north, away from Chicago for at least a little longer. When the Bone Gnawer speaks, Laughs giggles. "Bone Gnawers. Other Garou think it an honor to challenge them. Bone Gnawers think it's a shame." His ugly smile was displayed across his face. "By year's end you will be thanking me, and I will accept your apology."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws is built for the hunt, and does her best. She shifts into Lupus

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d10+8)[16]
    Gnosis (5d10)[5][2][2][10][4](23)
    Per+Sur (8d10)[2][4][8][10][2][7][5][8](46)
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2013-02-15 at 01:32 AM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have a ? mark or a blank spot, just do me a favor and answer the missing info please.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-15 at 05:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Dexterity 3 + 2 (Lupus) + Wits 4 =9

(1d10+9)[11]

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    If you have a ? mark or a blank spot, just do me a favor and answer the missing info please.
    Yes, Hour Tales is in Lupus form.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's in hispo. She's going...*tosses a coin*...east.

Her initiative is actually 11 - used alertness instead of dex. So her roll would be +8.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Soft paws will be going north (where she saw Hour Tales), unless she sees Deep Fang, in which case she'll go the same direction as him.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

The Garou gather together, ready to begin the great hunt of the Stag. Seeing Deep Fang on the side lines, Soft Paws heads to the northern group where she see's Trashcan Sam not far from Hour Tales and Laugh. When Sam see's her, he approaches. "That insolent Talon is against us. Let us show him what the followers of Boar can do" He says, trying to get Soft paws to work with him.

With a Howl from DuskSlayer, the groups rush over to the reflecting pools and shift into the umbra. The Hunt has begun.

People
    THE NORTH
    (1d100)[52]
    (1d100)[94]
    Trashcan Sam- Lupus
    Soft Paws
    (1d100)[3]- Looks for Truth- Lupus
    (1d3)[1] Auto Yes- Seeks Justice- Lupus
    Hour Tales
    Laughs At Blood
    Auto No
    Auto No
    (1d100)[37]

THE EAST
    (1d100)[63]
    (1d100)[65]
    (1d100)[68]
    (1d100)[94]
    (1d100)[17]
    Heart of The Storm
    (1d100)[17]- Angel Avenges- Lupus form
    (1d100)[14]- Born to Thunder- Hispo Form
    Auto No
    (1d100)[58]
    (1d100)[53]
    (1d100)[88]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-15 at 09:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs
    (5d10)[2][9][3][9][2](25)
    (7d10)[10][8][8][8][10][8][6](58)

Trashcan
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (5d10)[6][1][6][4][2](19)
    (6d10)[3][9][7][9][3][4](35)

Looks for Truth
    (1d10+9)[16]
    (2d10)[10][7](17)
    (4d10)[7][8][2][3](20)

Seeks Justice
    (1d10+6)[15]
    (2d10)[1][5](6)Unable to enter Umbra
    (3d10)[8][3][4](15)Ignores

No one cares
    (1d10+4)[9]
    (3d10)[1][1][4](6)
    (3d10)[8][7][3](18)

Angel Avenges
    (1d10+10)[14]
    (2d10)[7][9](16)
    (4d10)[8][8][2][6](24)

Born to Thunder
    (1d10+6)[10]
    (5d10)[1][9][8][7][9](34)
    (5d10)[5][4][6][6][6](27)- No successes because he went Hispo

No one cares
    (1d10+4)[9]
    (3d10)[7][10][2](19)
    (3d10)[9][4][6](19)
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-15 at 09:27 PM.