New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your actions while each small, play a role in much larger victories. Your actions quicken the spiral of his problems. Deep Fang is a crack in the Shadow Lords wall. He is weak, and damaged. If I had to guess; mentally, as well as physically. Yet the Shadow Lords defend him. And by spreading their strength to him, it will weaken their position when he does finally break. I think we both can see that coming. Your actions have helped push that inevitability in the right direction.

And perhaps the destruction of one Shadow Lord alpha doesn't really matter. But by backing him, it loses credibility for Whispers of Darkness. When the time comes, Dusk Slayer will step down from Sect leader. Finds-Future-Hope is a good Beta, but I fail to see him as a effective alpha. No, the position will be up for grabs between myself and Whispers. And I will have backed you, hopefully alpha by then, a member of a up and coming pack. Meanwhile Whispers will have backed a pack that spiraled, splintered and self destructed. I will look wise, and he will look the fool. It will make the choice that much easier for the other tribes. And once I'm elected Leader, this Sect will change. We will harden the weak members and bring war to our enemies stronger than ever before."
    By the time she's done explaining her master plan, and how Laughs fits in, he realizes she has her arm around him. She's in a good mood just by discussing this.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hearing Softpaws voice from behind her, Lifa turned to observe the metis with a passive expression on her face. A part of her wanted to feel poorly about the metis, but her more reasonable side kept telling her that she was still a kid: her brain hadn't fully developed, her experience with situations and consequences weren't as calcified so it was folly to hold a grudge against her for any long period of time.

Then Softpaws spoke about borrowing Death Wishes klaive and having challengd Deep Fang in a duel. Well, the second part she left vague, but Lifa wasn't an idiot. Klaives weren't brought out for ****s and giggles in a duel. Sotpaws must have said something to seriously get under that wankers skin.

"Okay..." she answered, a little slow and seemingly concerned. Garou have died in these types of challenges.

"A klaive duel is pretty heavy - what did you say to him?" she asks, looking over her shoulder to spot Death Wish, no doubt fondling her new little toy and strutting about with it on display.

"Death-Wish!" Lifa called out for the older womans attention, gesturing her over.

When she did, no doubt with that playfully smug smirk on her face, Lifa asked: "This is Softpaws, one of the members of the pack I was in," she starts.

"She's entering a duel with Deep Fang, and he's challenged her to Klaives...knowing she doesn't have one."

Lifa motions to the klaive that Death Wishes just acquired.

IF Death Wish seems hesitant, Lifa would try to convince her: "Come'on, if I ever get a Klaive I could only pray for the opportunity of its first inflicted howls of pain coming from one of those Shadow Lord *******s."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Death Wish, who is no more than a few years older than Lifa, looks confused at Lifa's words. Further, she just got something she if very proud of and holds it very tight as Lifa suggests she borrows it out. However it is Soft Paws offer of letting her borrow it in exchange for a gift that appears to make her crack.
    She simply cuts lifa out of the conversation, turning herself so she no longer has to hear her mouth run. It's business now. "What are you willing to teach that I would care to learn?" Clearly her interest is at least peaked.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa watches passively as she's cut out of the conversation. It doesn't surprise her. She got no acknowledgement for her little tale in the moot, and now, despite making this arrangement possible, she's cast aside again.

'I get no respect,' she thinks to herself, arms folded and watching, 'no respect at all I tell ya.'
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-02-23 at 01:12 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

"I got this Talen that will make you invisible for a short time. You can have it," Softpaws says simply.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

"Deal. Just don't come crying to me next time you want to be invisible" She says with a wink. Slowly, she hands Soft Paws the Klaive, still reluctant to give up her new prize. "Good luck. I hear these things are nasty."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

"So, are we trading items, or you just want the Talen so I can borrow it?" Softpaws asks naively.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not trading this beauty away for a talon" she blurts out, sounding ruder than she means. "It's a loaner. If you still want to teach me a gift instead, I would be okay with that. Obviously I don't expect payment up front."

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

"O-oh," Softpaws says, somewhat taken aback. "I just thought since we both just got 'em..." she finishes lamely.

She's still willing to go through with it, however.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I see what you're trying to do. Very clever.
    Soft Paws Manipulation+Subterfuge (1d10)[3]

She looks Soft Paws over. Since she's in Crinos form, she has trouble taking pity on you. "I don't think that would be a fair trade. Why don't you run along and do your duel. Since you're Lifa's friend, I'll trust ya. We can work something out later, but it won't be trading a talon for a fetish. You'd have to be a lost cub to make a mistake that big."

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood didn't like everything he was hearing, but he nodded nevertheless. "I see." Actually it was like as not he wouldn't become pack leader but no need to tell her that. Still if it was between Crimson Claws and Whispers in Darkness, she'd get his vote every time... what was this talk about war though? What would the dozens of them do against the millions in the cities?

He offered a smile. Glad I could help." He tilted his nose down in a jest of being formal despite still in Lupus form. He would have added words such as 'my Ladyship' or somesuch, but there were not words for that in wolf's tongue. The closest he could think of was mate, and that certainly would have been a poor thing to say.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

She smirks at Laugh's words. "I have not become leader without learning to read others. I can tell you don't share my feelings entirely. That's okay, I also know you prefer me to Whispers. And that's good enough. You'll see enough in your pack, one day you'll see what I'm saying." With that, she leaves him to his thoughts.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs had a lot to think about. He felt he should have been happy. Though he hadn't gotten to fight Deep Fang and become Alpha, he had won in the stare down. He had won the hunt. However, he felt empty more than anything. It wasn't as if he had made any new friends, in fact most of what he managed to do was piss everyone off, and though normal for Laughs, wasn't as fun as it usually was.

He decided to try to look for the others in his pack.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

"Softpaws thanks the Get and turns to Lifa, " I 'm sorry about what I said to you in the park. I still think we could have done more, but you were right to stop and think first. I know we've had a tough time getting to know each other, and I'm sorry I've been do childish. You have pretty hair,"

With that, the black and red crinos werewolf grasps the klaive grimly and marches off, head held high but a little too stiffly, her shoulders tight, and each step a concerted effort.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs
    Spoiler
    Show
    As he looks around for his fellow pack mates, he notices Hour Tales and Soft Paws have disappeared. He only see's Lifa.

Soft Paws+Anyone else watching the fight
    Soft Paws rushes off to the secret fight in the clearing as fast as she can, and she arrives just as Deep Fang and the rest of the pack do.

Que Dramatic Music & Roll Initiative, Declare Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    Never did find any rules on Klaive duels, just abilities from earlier editions. So I'm leaning towards no rules, victory comes when your opponent yields or dies. How does that sound?
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-23 at 04:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jason looks despondently as both Softpaws and Deep Fang continues their course to the dueling grounds. He had lost his cool once again, but this time there would be no more chances at reunion. Deep Fang couldn't be forgiven for this. He said that he was going to make an example of her, the former alpha had said that himself. A nagging feeling pulls at his brain and, clothing be damned, Jason begins to shift to Crinos form. If anyone asks, he says it's to observe the duel properly.

(3d10)[8][1][8](17)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright Deep Fang," Softpaws begins, but she doesn't really have anything to say. Is he in crinos? Does Softpaws have the two 'boar brawl' dice?

Initiative (1d10+6)[9](15)
    Action plan: grab Deep Fang's arm / disarm him.
    (6d10)[2][1][1][5][8][5](22) diff 8
    Extra dice (brawl +2 if I can use boars dice)
    (6d10)[6][5][2][8][4][4](29)
    Stats str 7 dex 4 sta 8 in breed form (so can soak silver?)

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs trotted up to Life. "Fun night so far, eh? Where are the others?"

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show

Lifa listened to Softpaws talk and cursed herself silently for feeling a pang of guilt. She was just a kid, and she was going out there to fight to the death against an ******* that used to be her friend and mentor.

That Deep Fang would even put forward something like this made him scum in the Theurge's eyes. She might have been able to feel sorry for him in a could-still-be-a-decent-guy kinda way...but now, wanting to duel a 15 year old kid to the death...

"Listen," Lifa said, holding Softpaws gently by the arm before she turned away, "you don't have to die in a duel with him. You've accomplished a lot more than he has and you've got much more to live for. At your age he was feeling awkward and blushing around girls, while you're trying to set things right. Don't let it get out of hand."

When Softpaws was gone, Laughs approached and spoked to the worried looking Get.

"Oh, hey mate."
    she uttered, perking up towards the end of her sentence with a welcoming grin. "'grats on winning your hunt. But night might get sour fast, Softpaws challenged Deep Fang - so he chose a fight to the death with klaives."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-02-24 at 02:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NotScaryBats View Post
    "Alright Deep Fang," Softpaws begins, but she doesn't really have anything to say. Is he in crinos? Does Softpaws have the two 'boar brawl' dice?

Initiative (1d10+9)[15]
    Action plan: grab Deep Fang's arm / disarm him.
    [roll1] diff 8
    Extra dice (brawl +2 if I can use boars dice)
    [roll2]
    Stats str 7 dex 4 sta 8 in breed form (so can soak silver?)
    So after reading Klaives, I too initially noticed that it said Garou in their breed form can soak silver. Then I went to chapter 5 and read about silver versus Garou. Turns out, it only applies to homid and Lupus. Metis may never soak silver weapons.

I also tend to think there would be some sort of agreement not to be using the Totem's benefit in a pack duel. Because the person who has it controls who gets it. So once one person gained it, the opponent would never get it. So logically right now Trashcan Sam has the brawl bonus. Good news, you still have the stamina bonus though.

Alright, I'm hoping for a low roll here on initiative. (Hey look, deep fang has a intelligence of 1. What a surprise.)
    (1d10+9)[15]

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Well, we tie, and have the same bonus. If we roll off, then: (1d100)[7]

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so round 1 actions happen at the same time. Deep Fang is indeed in Crinos Form. Both parties have to move to attack one another, so difficulties increase by 1 for this round only.

Disarm requires you make a successful attack versus a difficulty+1, and if the rolled damage exceeds the defenders strength they are disarmed. Supposedly this tactic deals damage as well, but this seems illogical to me and am ruling that it does no damage.

My understanding is that Soft Paws is executing a grapple, since she's moving to hold his arm and using Dex+brawl. Because she's not using a weapon against a opponent who is using a weapon, she receives one less dice. (Not sure where difficulty of 8 comes from. Grapple is 6, disarm is 7). Grapple prevents him from attacking. Disarm requires damage roll but potentially takes his weapon away.

Deep Fang is taking evasive actions against his opponent.
    (4d10)[1][4][9][4](18) These successes subtract from Soft Paws successes. In addition, if he has more successes then he gains a -1 to his next attack.

In addition, he will be spending a rage point. Deep Fang will additionally try a disarm tactic on Soft Paws. Because he's only got one arm, I'm requiring 1 less damage success to disarm him and one more for him to disarm you. Meaning Soft paws needs six damage to disarm deepfang while he needs eight to disarm soft paws.
    (8d10)[9][5][1][8][10][8][9][7](57)
    Damage Dice (9d10)[9][3][2][6][6][4][6][7][3](46)
    Extra Dice (8d10)[4][9][10][6][4][6][7][2](48)

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Round Summary

The two opponents, long having moved together, move against each other in harmony. Deep Fang tries to defensively move against her, but she easily counter his movements. In the same token, Soft Paws reaches out and tries to grap his one good arm to exploit his weakness. He merely sides steps his arm away from her and realizes she was going for his weakness. As the rage burns inside him, he slash out at her weapon and knocks it to the ground 10 ft away.
    Pointing his Klaive at Soft Paws, he growls "Do you Yield?"

If you do not yield, roll initiative again and declare actions.

(In case you were curious, I don't actually look at your rolls until I'm done typing his rolls. I try hard to be fair.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-24 at 02:37 AM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said in the OOC, using brawl instead of melee to disarm is diff 8, from the second paragraph under Disarm, page 209

Softpaws grunts. She was quite easily and handily disarmed by the superior form of Deep Fang, but then she knew she would be. He was always playing with that stupid thing ever since she met him.

But, she has two arms -- clawless though they may be -- and he only has one. Avoid that silver blade and neutralize his one good arm, and the fight could still be hers.

Softpaws chances a glimpse skywards for inspiration, then executes her plan.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have any dodge. >.< what a noob, not getting any dodge.

Spend my one Rage to get an extra action, move to grapple Deep Fang, neutralizing the klaive, and block / dodge that crazy unsoakable silver with my other action.

(5d10)[10][10][3][8][1](32) grapple check

(4d10)[6][7][2][5](20) dodge check

extra dice (8d10)[1][10][5][5][1][3][10][9](44)

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paw's Initiative (1d10+6)[16]
    Deep Fang's Initiative (1d10+9)[14]

Deep Fang will dodge (He also has no dots in dodge)
    (5d10)[8][3][5][10][9](35)

Spending another point of Rage to use the Cripple Maneuver (Difficulty 8)
    (8d10)[2][5][5][9][9][7][2][9](48)
    Damage (9d10)[8][7][10][7][5][7][9][6][4](63)
    Extra dice (8d10)[1][2][4][8][7][3][3][6](34)

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Once more the two go at each other, and once more Soft Paws tries to exploit Deep Fang's weakness. Her clawless paws grapple the one armed Shadow lord, but only loosely. He pulls back, getting her off his arm, and drives the klaive directly into the thigh of Soft Paws. The klaive just barely finds it's mark, and drives deep into Soft Paws leg before he twists it and pulls back.

Soft Paws is overwhelmed with pain, unable to stand on the leg any more, and falls to the ground yelping in pain. Within seconds she passes out from shock. "The duel is over. Fate has chosen me. I remain alpha."

Turning to the remaining pack, he declares "I know deep inside your heart, you all think this arm missing makes me weak. Let this be a example. Soft Paws was a foolish cub, but she is a strong warrior. Stronger than most of you. I am meant to lead. Follow in my strength, or leave in Hour Tale's cowardice."

Everyone looks fearfully at Soft Paws. It's then that Spray Can runs from the group, Laughs words having taken hold of her heart. Driven by fear, she runs to the elders.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-24 at 05:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs jaw drops, an odd sight for a wolf. He howls out, "Bastard!" His eyes are tinted red, and he looks ready to pounce on anything. "Where are they?!" Anyone remotely close can hear Laughs. He's not joking, and he's ready for blood.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is only happening under the assumption that it's safe to do so and Softpaws doesn't leap up and interject, despite her wounded state. If Softpaws does, then consider this post null and void.

Shaking her head as she watches the Shadow Lord prick boast about his superiority, Lifa moves to tend to Softpaws now that the duel is over and done with. Medical school flashed back through her head as she mentally ran over the medical terms for the injuries Softpaws had endured.

She brings along a strip of cloth and kneels next to the Garou, her hands working with surprising mastery to apply a tightening bandage to stop any blood flow and bring together the cleaved flesh so that it may heal.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Softpaws will let her, Lifa will do a first-aid job to the wound on her leg.

(7d10)[2][2][7][1][7][1][7](27)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-02-24 at 05:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs
    As you begin looking, you hear the cry of pain and know it has already ended.

Lifa
    Soft Paws passed out. She doesn't have a say in the matter. Wrapping some bandages around the wound, you notice it continues to bleed.

Also, Soft Paws isn't a Bone Gnawer
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-02-24 at 05:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Noticing the bleeding, Lifa uses both her hands to apply pressure to stem the floow and give the bloods natural coagulants time to clot.

OOC:
    (7d10)[6][1][4][9][10][7][4](41)