Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1160
  1. Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "I don't have a clue what he's doing..." Hour Tales growls softly to the others. "I haven't even heard of anything like this."
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  2. Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws, girded by her recent success and high on adrenaline, uncharacteristically leaps into action and assaults the stranger. She attempts to sprint across the clearing and blitz him, biting him with her enormous, prehistoric jaws.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If I get to act:
    (7d10)[8][6][3][3][1][9][6](36) for my hit roll
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  3. Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Does everyone just watch as soft paws charges? or Do they go with her?

  4. Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Watching for a second as Soft Paws charges at the ritual performer, Hour Tales makes up his mind quickly. He gives a wordless growl before charging at the stranger, claws shimmering as they catch the afternoon sun in their arc.

    (5d10)[7][3][7][1][2](20)
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  5. Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    I suspect Burnheart has quit since he hasn't posted since june but is still active in other games. Xian is still MIA. So for now Trashcan and Deep Fang will just follow your lead.


    The pack goes into a mad charge at the man. You don't know what he's doing, but it can't be good!

    So you're running and snarling and SMACK! The whole pack hits a what feels like an invisible wall 10 ft away from the guy. He clearly notices you, because he's trying not to laugh. But he's still chanting.

  6. Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales gives off a loud yelp as he slams into the invisible barricade just within reach of the stranger. The young Crinos lands hard on his side and takes a few seconds to regain his breath before standing up. He growls softly at the caster as he reaches a hand down to help the others up.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  7. Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws flails back onto her feet, undaunted but embarrassed. She growls and snaps, circling the man and searching for an opening in his defense with a massive lupine paw.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  8. Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    The pack assists, and it doesn't take long to estimate that the invisible wall is in a 10 ft radius. However it's not really a wall. You can push into the wall and maybe get 6 inches inward, and then try again only to get 2 inches inward. Whatever it is, it is a slightly inconsistent force.

  9. Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "Graa! What is this!?" Softpaws barks impotently. The invisible barrier is like nothing she is familiar with, and she seems unsure how to proceed without the guidance of her Alpha.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-07-18 at 06:36 PM.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  10. Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Your alpha seems to have gone into a small frenzy, and is attempted to dig his way underneath the "wall".

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless Burnheart comes back, consider Trashcan to be doing the same.

  11. Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales features begin to shift slightly away from the more lupine form of Crinos.

    Stamina+Primal Urge: (5d10)[1][5][1][1][5](13)

    EDIT: And the previous fight screws the transformation up. The adrenaline is running too high...
    Last edited by hayabusa; 2012-07-18 at 09:01 PM.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  12. Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    O.O a botch roll on primal urge. I will have to look that one up. But don't forget you can always go Homid automatically.


    In an attempt to make yourself less fearsome looking, Hour-Tales finds himself still very pumped up from the fight with the squirrels, the running through the trees, and the anger he felt when he saw this man. This adrenaline pumps through him so strongly, that even though he tried to make himself less fearsome, he became more fearsome. His eyes are more deranged, his claws more jagged looking, his fur more tussled, and his jaws slightly drip with saliva.

    Perhaps this is when it occurs to soft paws, that this man does appear to be human, but seems unaffected by the delirium.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-07-18 at 09:53 PM.

  13. Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    O.O a botch roll on primal urge. I will have to look that one up. But don't forget you can always go Homid automatically.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does it count as a botched Primal Urge if you have no dots in that stat? Yes, it probably does, but I did have to try. :D

    As for going Homid for free, I know that I can do that, but I can't justify leaving myself that vunerable in-character. The shift to Glabro was so I could talk to him in a language that he will understand.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  14. Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    I read some where you can speak normally in Cronos by spending a willpower point. Otherwise you can bark out one word phrases such as "stop" or "help".

  15. Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, just saw it in the book.


    Hour Tales features manage to shift just slightly as he attempts to transform once again, but the adrenaline from the previous battles is still too strong. The young Glass Walker howls out at the man in the center of the "bubble" before following his alpha in trying to dig under the force field.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  16. Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    The pack joins together and begins digging underneath the barrier. It doesn't take long for you to realize that this 'force field' doesn't extend underground. So the trick quickly becomes one of making a hole quick enough for a Lupus to get under.

    Only moments before the hole is complete, and someone makes the change, likely Trashcan, the man finishes his chant. He then begins speaking aloud to himself.
    "This will not do. This will not do at all. You cannot upset the process before they rise. You leave me no choice."

    The man walks to his side of the force field, and place his hands against it. He begins to chant.
    "Teleportis auctus Luperci apsens de hac!"
    Over and over he says this phrase. And just as the hole is complete, the world shifts. You find a sensation similar to when you step sideways. However the sensation intensifies, and then the world begins to spin. A feeling of nausea overwhelms you all, and with the spinning you can't help but close your eyes.

    After some moments, the spinning slows and the sensation desensitizes. When you open your eyes, you are in the spirit world. And you can't be certain, but you're pretty sure you're not where you were moments ago. You stand next to tall spiritual buildings, covered in spider webbing everywhere. You stand in the middle of a lifeless concrete road. Webs go in every direction and you can see phantom shadows of cars moving up and down the road. And of course, your pack seems to be cut in half. Only Softpaws and Hour-tales are here. Deepfang and Trashcan seem to be else where. Or perhaps they weren't affected by the man's sorcery. You don't know.

  17. Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales looks around the area, lupine nose sniffing heavily in the air. "Where are we?" he asks as he turns to look at Softpaws. "Where are the others?"

    The young Galliard raises his snout into the air and unleashes a loud howl, hoping that someone knows will answer.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  18. Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    (6d10)[6][3][10][9][3][8](39) Sense Wyrm roll of Per + Occ
    This *might* count as a "perception check" as in "In Hispo, perception difficulties are reduced by 1" but obviously that's up to you -- being a Gift and all


    Softpaws smells the air and ground, her mind racing but her instincts keen enough to detect Wyrm presence. She suspects this area is more tainted by the Weaver, but once can never be too sure. The black wolf winces when her packmates begin to howl -- that's when she really looks and takes stock of them.

    Eyes wide and jaw dropping, Softpaws sees only Hour Tales standing with her. She had simply taken it on faith that the pack would remain together, but now here they were, divided and in unfamiliar territory. Internal turmoil roils through her mind as she tries to reconcile her situation with her teachings.

    All things considered, the young Metis tries to puff up her chest and take charge. "Stop that!" she hisses her packmate, "there could be Banes around. If the others are lost here, they'll be the lost ones we have to track down -- not the other way around." She stumbles over her words and comes up with a jumbled sentence that doesn't make much sense. She tries again.

    "S-sorry. What I mean is: we're the trackers. Those Homids barely know h-h-how to use their nose y'know?" A weak approximation of a laugh passes her lips. "C-c'mon, let's hunt 'em down, right? Silly Homids, always getting lost..."

    She puts her nose back down to the ground and tries to find anything relevant to discern where she is, where her packmates are, or anything else.

    You can do this, Softpaws. You can do this.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I dunno if my 'open-ended rolls' work for you, and if they don't I will be more specific, but here's what I've got:
    Perception 5, Int 3
    Occult 1, Investigation 4, Survival 3, Primal Urge 1, Streetwise 0
    So, I'm not 100% on what you want the roll to be, but I imagine it is Perception+Survival, if you want Per+SW due to the urban setting or Occult becuase its the Umbra, go ahead and knock off the last couple of dice as needed.
    (8d10)[7][3][4][5][4][7][3][9](42)
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  19. Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    Open ended rolls are fine when you're not sure what to roll. Often I don't even require rolls. So it's not hurting anything.

    It is worth noting, however, that Hour-Tales is also a Homid. Deep Fang is a Homid. Trashcan is a Lupus. Jack is also a Homid.

    Also worth noting that if you want to step back into the normal world, there are plenty of reflective surfaces on the buildings. (Underneath the spider webs of course.)


    As softpaws sniffs the ground, she does pick up many, many smells. It is disorienting to a point. Each automobile that has passed the area leaves a very faint and yet unique smell of the wyrm. The smell carries over to the umbra. In addition, there are faint smells of humans all over the place. If you spent long enough you could individualize many trails, most likely of those who smell very bad. But that of animals, there are none. No smells of Garou. Stronger smells of the Wyrm, there are those. And of course there is the smell of the weaver. That is the most overpowering smell of this place.

    You are able to distinguish the cardinal directions however. The sun in not visible in the middle of a city in the umbra, so it is quite difficult. But your senses are keen enough to figure it out which way the sun is, and from there you can figure out the rest.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-07-23 at 07:00 PM.

  20. Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "Sorry about that," Hour Tales says with a soft whine. "I just don't know what's going on here. I mean, I've stories about places like this, but I've never seen it personally..."

    He walks a bit down the odd and deserted streets. "Yeah... I'm homid, too," he corrects Softpaws. "We're not all that bad. Though I do feel a bit uncomfortable being in any other form other than human. This one isn't as bad as the others, though," he adds, pointing to his Crinos features.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  21. Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws laughs awkwardly, somewhat crestfallen. She sniffs around a bit more before picking a direction to walk in. "We-well, maybe we should try to get home? Or, like, back to that park. Um, I don't smell any Garou, so I don't think the others are near here..." The Metis finishes lamely.

    She begins to trot in the direction she has identified as 'out of town and towards the park and homestead.'
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  22. Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales gives a slight chuckle, an odd sound resulting from his currently lupine larynx. "Quite all right," he adds. "And getting out of here sounds like a great idea," he says as he begins to follow Soft Paws.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  23. Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Soft Paws and Hour-Tales travel a few blocks quickly without any trouble. Relatively speaking of course. On several occasions you see a phantom car drive through you, which is unsettling at the very least. At the third intersection you pass, a small spider spirit takes notice of you, and begins following you. It keeps a distance of about 30 feet. You now find yourself another block down. The single spider has become three, all of them the size of a house cat, and you suspect there will be more soon.

    What catches your eye is a building not far away. You have no idea what it is, but there is a glowing picture of a Boar above the entrance. The building appears to have less spider webbing covering it than most, which makes it stand out further.

    As of yet, you do not have any further bearing of where you are.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-08-06 at 09:39 PM.

  24. Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "That certainly looks promising," Hour Tales says, glancing down at the totem in hand. Comparing the boar fetish to the image on the building. The young Garou takes a look back at the spiders following him.

    "And every adventure has to have giant spiders..." he adds with a slight chuckle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, had to add that last bit, especially considering that he's a Galliard who absolutely loves stories. No offense meant to you at all.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  25. Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws continues to nervously glance over her shoulder as she russhes to the boar's bar. Too proud to run, the Hispo form Metis scurries toward the neon sign and door.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  26. Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Spoiler
    Show
    For the record, the Boar symbol that gllows... isn't a neon sign. Like many things in the Umbra, it glows lightly for other reasons...


    The two of you enter the building, and immediately you can sense a change in the environment. The smells in the city are polluted and overwhelming. The air somewhat cold and lifeless. In hear, the smell is good. You immediately smell meat cooking, and the pollution smell seems to have been left outside. You can vaguely smell humans, and the smell of spirits. But more so, you can smell Garou. The smell is strong.

    Visually this place looks like a restaurant/bar. There are tables everywhere. But what what catches your eye is the east wall. It's made entirely of mirror glass.

    Spoiler
    Show
    As for the spiders, if you are in the downtown area Umbra and you don't see spiders, I honestly think you should be worried. They are the spirit of the weaver, and the weaver is super strong here. Now whether those spiders, who aren't following you inside, were friendly or not... that is up for debate.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-08-09 at 01:02 PM.

  27. Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Softpaws perks up at the sudden change in environment, but this sort of thing isn't unheard of in the Umbra. Her tongue lolls out of her mouth as she realizes just how hungry killing all those squirrels made her.

    Seemingly at ease, the Metis strolls into the area and looks for someone or something running the place.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  28. Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hayabusa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    Hour Tales' snout lifts up in the air and sniffs, somewhat overjoyed at the change of the environment. He heads over to the eastern glass wall and examines it as Soft Paws looks for authority.
    Avatar by Ceika.


    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

    Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

    Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

  29. Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CowMasterTrojan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    You poke around the place a bit, and it becomes clear that there isn't anyone here. The food and life you smell is from the physical world. Although in a side room, it is decorated with several portraits of different animals. A fox, a Hare, a Pheasant, a Mighty Looking buck, and a Boar. All of the paintings seem very realistic looking, at least on this side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the typo, it is supposed to say Mirror Glass wall. The eastern wall is a big mirror.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-08-09 at 01:01 PM.

  30. Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

    "It smells of Garou, here. The mirror's almost, like, an invitation to Step Sideways, huh? I-I don't wanna do that in the middle of a restaurant though," she scowls, weighing the gain and the cost.

    Whatever the case, Softpaws supposes the time for Lupine forms was at an end, and she works on schooling her visage into the Homid.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sta + PU to shift to Homid (5d10)[5][10][8][4][6](33) I guess it would use my Hispo Stamina, huh? If so add (2d10)[2][5](7) if not use the 5d10 only.


    With her human guise regained, Softpaws asks her packmate how he feels about using the bathroom to Step Sideways, "that way, I mean, we'll have less a chance of being seen, r-right? Aaaand, then I guess we'd just have to explain why we're both in the bathroom together..." she ends her sentence in an inaudible mumble, her dark cheeks coloring slightly as she reflexively crosses her arms.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-08-09 at 04:42 PM.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •