New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Spoiler
    Show
    I replied earlier today, but I guess The Internet ate my post

"I'm Softpaws, Child of Gaia Philodox, and the pack's Beta. Its good to meet you."
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hungry Hungry internet. Munch.

"Praire Lake Park? That's several miles from here. How in the world... I suppose I best not dwell on what I wouldn't understand. Do you intend to go back? If so, I suggest you leave now. The city can be dangerous after dark, and the dangerous stuff has a tendency to find Garou more than it finds normal folk."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I'm not Erwin Rommel, but the idea of returning to a place of descecration after time has passed for whatever Wyrm-creature resides there to regroup and organize themselves does not sound apt.

Is there a pre-arranged location to rendezvous should the pack become separated in the field? This Deep Fang might be waiting there, planning a counter-offensive."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

"It certainly does seem dangerous, but as far as I know we don't have a meeting point save for our home. Not to mention, we left our vehicles there."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa raised a black eyebrow.

"So they have your registration number?" she asked, not stated.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-08-23 at 11:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216

Jason gives a little laugh. "I'd say that they might. That said, it's not exactly like we were planning to be thrown miles away from something."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

"Depends on who you mean by they. From what you described, I don't think the man in the park would be checking registration numbers on abandoned cars. But you should know, something like that will eventually attract the attention of the Men in Black. Eventually they would get around to collecting your registration number." He says with a very serious look on his face.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-08-23 at 06:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

"Yeah, Homeland Security can be a *****," Jason replies to the bartender.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I take it you haven't heard of them. I can't say that doesn't surprise me. I heard it from a couple bone gnawers that I give leftovers to from time to time. They look like men, they kinda even look like government agents, but they're not. Supposedly there is always two of them, always in black suits and a black car. They supposedly serve the weaver. I don't know about that. But the weaver is order, and their purpose is to maintain order. Supposedly. When they show up, stuff disappears. Anything that doesn't belong, Vampires, Banes, especially Garou, they erase them from the scene. When they leave, the gauntlet is always strong in that area. Consider this your warning. I've never seen one, I don't think, and I don't know if they would even bother me, but they will bother you folk. So be careful."

10. - Top - End - #220

"Oh," Jason says as the bartender explains himself. "Those men in black. I thought they were just urban legends made up by people who think they've seen other weird things." He laughs slightly. "Then again," he points to himself, "werewolf..."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws coughs at the mention of the Men in Black. Sounds like Pentex, to her.

"Can we move out, then? I'm anxious. We should check the house first -- maybe someone's shown up?" She ends on a hopeful note.

12. - Top - End - #222

"That certainly sounds good to me," Jason says as he finishes his meal, slightly annoyed that his story going long caused it to get cold. "Hopefully, the others are all right and have just returned home. If not..." his voice trails off.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Does he have a ear-radio receiver? Cellphone?"

Lifa slowly stood up as the others did so - her mind going over whether or not they'd be going back to the den of these two...only to discover that this "robed man" got there first.

14. - Top - End - #224

"I think I'm the only one with a cell phone," Jason replies to Lifa.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

"Onwards Christian soldiers." Laughs at Blood's smile returned. He scratched his chin. "Oh yes, I forgot to say my tribe. Red Talon." His smile deepened.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws missed a step and stumbles a bit, but recovers quickly. "I, uh, also have a phone. But, no, no one else in the pack does. That's how this whole mess started: Jackdaw never came home and we went to the park to find him."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"That's something we should remedy, swiftly." Lifa added as she pulled herself away from the table. "I can dedicate some ear-piece radio's for in the field, and there are other means of staying in touch over longer distances."

18. - Top - End - #228

"I agree, it's certainly something that needs to be remedied soon," Jason says to Lifa.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The four of you agree to head back to the safe house together, seeing a purpose that you would meet in such a random place. You bid the Bartender a goodbye, and leave him with a bill that he doesn't seem concerned about. The trip is time consuming, but uneventful. You have to walk to the nearest Metra station, wait for the right train to come, take it back to the station, and from there switch trains to go back to the suburbs. Not all of you are used to taking the train, and the main station is very crowded and loud with random train horns blaring. Like many places of the city, you get random smells of the wyrm here. The scents are not strong, but any scent is always disturbing to your kind.

Overall because of the lack of planning the trip back, it takes you about three hours to get home. So the crowded taxi would be pulling into your driveway at about 8 pm. If there is anything you would like to discuss among yourselves along the way, feel free to do it now.

And the final thing of note is for Hour-tales. At about 7pm he receives an email from the glass walkers. (I'm assuming his phone checks email).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Big moot just called for Friday in Kenosha. 9pm. All Garou required to attend. Dire news to be discussed. Pass it along.

The location of the Moot you would already know, having been there at least once. It's located just over the border of Wisconsin, about a 90 minute drive from Elgin.

20. - Top - End - #230

"Looks like we've been invited to a party," Jason says to the others as he reads the e-mail from his fellow Glass Walkers. He looks out from the train's windows for a brief second before explaining. "Kinda far away in Kenosha," he continues. "Although, I think that they wouldn't be all that happy if we missed this one. It's this Friday."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"A car might be a good investment." Lifa added, getting out of the taxi and looking around the neighborhood. For several seconds she was reminded of the upper middle-class suburbia she had left home in Australia, and what might have been if she had never underwent her First Change at an advanced age.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-08-26 at 05:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws coughs, "we have a car, its just at the park." She approaches the front door, wits on edge and all her senses extended.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Wyrm, (8d10)[10][4][1][6][3][7][9][5](45)
    also will make other checks if you want 'em

23. - Top - End - #233

Jason steps out of the taxi and follows Softpaws, inviting the others after paying the driver.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Then it's been compromised. It cannot be trusted with our safety again." Lifa responded as she followed Softpaws and Jason.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The taxi turns into Catherine lane, and as you have suspected, the vehicle is not parked in the driveway. You notice one of the tenants of the Rodriguez household smoking a cigarette on their back porch as you drive by it. They seem to be watching the strange Taxi.
    After getting out and paying the driver, the taxi zips out of the neighborhood like a bat out of hell.

Softpaws carefully approaches the door, sniffing the air for the taint of wyrm. Her senses are not as strong as her other forms, however even in Homid form she always can detect a low level smell of the wyrm from the pollution in the nearby river. The smell has always annoyed her, but being the only presence of the wyrm she smells at the moment, she gladly accepts it.

Entering the household, it looks just like you left it. Minus the hot stew Softpaws was cooking that is now long cold. Hour-tales and Softpaws look around for signs of their pack-mates, but notice nothing. Then hour-tales notices a message has been left on their machine. Playing it, you are both relieved to hear the sound of deepfang's voice. His voice sounds strange, weaker than normal.

"Softpaws, Hour-Tales, it's me. I pray that you somehow made it home, and get this message. Trashcan and I are alive. Badly hurt, but alive. Jackdaw wasn't so lucky. We're in a safe place for now. Stay there until we return."
    He says simply. And with that he hangs up, leaving the four of you in an awkward silence.

26. - Top - End - #236

"I'd still like to go back and see if my laptop's still there at least," Jason says as Lifa mentions the car being compromised. "I don't want to go through the trouble of buying a new one and getting everything on it again. That said, I doubt that it's still there anymore. I just kinda threw it in the seat when everything went down."

They enter the house and play the message from Deep Fang, Jason looks slightly disturbed as he listens to his Alpha in pain. "What do you think?" he asks the others. "Trap, right? Or isn't it?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

"Deepfang you idiot! If you're hurt, I could find you and help you..." Softpaws mutters thickly. She continues to listen to message on repeat, three or four more times.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have 3 dots of empathy and have known Deepfang a long time. Can I try to tell if its an imposter or if its really him talking?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

When I indicated that his voice sounded strange, it was not to indicate different. Just that he did not sound well. Sick or badly hurt perhaps.

And although the message is indeed grainy, Softpaws listens to it closely enough that she believes it was deepfang without a doubt in her mind.

29. - Top - End - #239

"It's really him isn't it?" Jason asks as Softpaws quite replaying the message from Deep Fang. "****," is his only response if she answers yes.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

"Um, yeah, it is," Softpaws murmurs, mashing the replay button one more time.