New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

With nothing more that can be done at this point, and conversation having died down, I just need a confirmation that Hours & Softpaws are letting these two Garou you just met stay with you at the safehouse.

Provided they stay, Lifa and Laughs find the neighborhood odd at the very least. If you haven't looked at the first post of the thread, now would be the time to do so. Over the next few days, you will have a chance to observe them here and there. Hopefully they should come off as strange to you, as I intended.

About 11pm that night (a Saturday), in the distance you can hear wolf howling. The difficulty to hear it's message is 9 (perception+alertness). The message is repeated twice, so you may roll 3 times. There is also a chance to transform if need be, but that gives up one of your rolls to hear the message.

Is anyone doing anything or plan on doing anything on Sunday?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

"You're welcome to stay if you'd like," Jason says to the two newcomers. "We sadly have a few open rooms right now and I doubt that they'd mind that much given the circumstances."

That night, Jason is still up, working in his room on the desktop computer within. "Stupid albino squirrels," he murmurs under his breath. It is those squirrels that he's looking up on the internet, wondering if the local native population had any myths regarding albinism. They were tainted with the Wyrm, he knows based on Softpaws exclamation at the park.

OOC: I really don't know what to roll on this search.

Around 11, the silence in the room is broken by the howl of a wolf. After the first howl, Jason goes to his window and opens it, hoping to hear it better.

(5d10)[6][7][2][4][5](24)
    (5d10)[1][4][1][4][2](12)
    (5d10)[6][10][7][3][5](31)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Thank you. I hope they won't be vacant for long."

When given time to spare, Lifa moves one of the beds up onto its side in her room as to give a much larger amount of space. She then sits cross-legged on the floor, palms on her knee's, eyes closed and reflects upon today and the spirits of her new situation.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That post makes her out to be some sort of Jedi knight - I just wanted to post up something

(5d10)[5][7][3][4][7](26)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, two more.

After the first sound of howling, Lifa will shift into her lupus form for better clarity: she takes the form of a large, grey eurasian wolf.

(5d10)[6][2][1][2][10](21)
    (5d10)[2][9][5][9][8](33)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws fusses around the house for the majority of the evening, cleaning up little messes and emptying out her soup -- of course, if Jackdaw were here, he could salvage it. She cries a little bit, filled with a desperate sort of energy that doesn't let her sleep.

(8d10)[3][3][5][10][2][8][2][8](41)
    I've never had a character with 5 perception before. Its very useful.
    (8d10)[10][10][4][1][5][3][1][10](44)
    (8d10)[9][4][4][4][10][7][10][9](57)
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Laughs does change his form to help his hearing.

(7d10)[3][3][8][7][2][2][5](30)

(7d10)[8][6][1][5][8][6][10](44)

Laughs at Blood had begun to ignore the others when they arrived. He didn't like the neighborhood, the people, the smell of the wyrm that was all around the city. The howling came as relief as he change to hispo form.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

The Message
    "BROTHERS AND SISTERS. THE FINAL DAYS OF APOCALYPSE HAVE BEGUN. A GRAND MOOT HAS BEEN CALLED. ALL GAROU WHO CAN HEAR THIS MESSAGE, MEET AT THE FORMER CAERN IN KENOSHA AFTER SUNSET FRIDAY. PASS THIS ALONG"

Last chance, anything being done saturday night or sunday?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

After making sure the rest of the house has heard the message, Softpaws falls into a fitful sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    What is it, Current Rating x 3 for an increased ability and 7 exp for a Gift?
    If so, I'd like to up my Brawl to 2 and learn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scent of the True Form -- This Gift allows the Garou to determine the true nature of a person. This information is conveyed as an olfactory sensation -- it is actually a scent of the target's natural form. Any spirit servant of Gaia can teach this Gift.
    System: The Garou can tell automatically when someone is a werewolf; anything else requires a Perception + Primal-Urge roll. It takes two successes to detect vampires, faeries or other shapeshifters as such, and it takes four to detect formori or mages.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Raise- Cost
    Attribute- Current x 4
    Ability- Current x 2
    New Ability- 3
    Gift- Level of giftx3 (Your current gifts are limited to level 1)
    Gift from other breed/auspice/tribe-levelx5
    Rage-Current Rating
    Gnosis- Currentx2
    Willpower- Current Rating

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, that's way cheaper than I remember it being!
    I am playing without my books, so the chart you just posted is quite helpful.
    I will spend 5 exp to do what i mentioned above, assuming the Boar would deign to teach me the Gift I wanted.
    It says 'any spirit servant of Gaia' can teach it.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That is fine but you must wait until Boar returns to do so. So spend the xp now, and once he returns or deep fang summons him, you will be able to learn it.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    The Message
    "BROTHERS AND SISTERS. THE FINAL DAYS OF APOCALYPSE HAVE BEGUN. A GRAND MOOT HAS BEEN CALLED. ALL GAROU WHO CAN HEAR THIS MESSAGE, MEET AT THE FORMER CAERN IN KENOSHA AFTER SUNSET FRIDAY. PASS THIS ALONG"

Last chance, anything being done saturday night or sunday?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd kinda like to return to the park for a bit and see if we can see anything, if no one else minds.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooc: can I use a ritual to bring Boar to us or a compatible spirit? Because I'd like to learn Mothers touch the gift.

I'll use the days to grab us some radio equipment and dedicate some clothing for us. I'll also scout the local umbra to become more familiar with my new surroundings.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-09-03 at 11:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

In the morning, Jason approaches the others during breakfast. "Right now, I'm thinking that we should head back to the park and see if anything's still there that we left. Deep Fang's car, my laptop which has map searches that could lead to this house, and anything else that could be useful to us.

I know that the bartender that we met last night said that it could be dangerous, that's why I suggest that we go together."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

With surprising candor, Softpaws agrees to return to the scene. "Yeah, we should retrieve whatever we can. I... also wanna go back to that clearing. Um, did the news report say anything...?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can indeed teach another Garou a gift. Had to look it up.

No news reported anything about the park.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Groovy, I'll spend 3 xp to learn Mothers Touch from my sensai Softpaws.
    I don't have my books on me on the moment, but what roll was it to regenerate gnosis? I remember as well that the upcoming moot is another chance at regenning gnosis as well. This'll allow me to make a better decision on how many clothes to dedicate.

"If we do," Lifa chimed in from the corner of the room, a collection of radio equipment in front of her, "We should test these out in the field, as well as come up with a rally point should people become separated again."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It will take a day of teaching however. So if you go to the park with hour-tales, you won't have it yet.

Once a day you may enter a meditation. roll wits+enigma. For each success you may regain one point provided you spend an hour per point meditating.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Funky, so I'll gather four sets of clothing, dance around them and chant, make them dedicated then make a roll for both saturday and sunday. 2 rolls of six dice should be able to net me the gnosis back.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"Right. We should meet at the Bar. I mean, maybe our enemies know about this place -- I hope not, but maybe they do. I didn't even know about the bar before today though, and it seemed safe enough."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a roll for Saturday, but it appears you will be leaving before you can meditate Sunday.

So the four decide that returning to the park is a wise course of action. The 'pack' sets out early Sunday morning, and make quick time, arriving at the park around 9am.

In the parking lot, you find Deep Fang's SUV. It appears undisturbed, except for a bright orange sticker on the window. The sticker explains that the park closes at sundown, reopens at sunrise, and your license plate has been recorded in case you damage anything in the process of trying to get it past the closed gate. (which was open when you got here).

Otherwise you don't really see anyone around the area. Including wildlife.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws looks around, eyes wide and hair on end. It was empty like this before. Her human nose isn't as keen as her lupine one, but the young Metis does the best with what she has, and tests the air for the scents of the squirrels, her packmates, and the strange, sinister magician.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

It is worth noting, the last time you were here there were other cars parked here. Currently Deep Fang's is the only one in the parking lot other than your own.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-09-05 at 01:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

It is a sunny Sunday morning, yes?

"There aren't any cars here. What's going on? When we were here last, it was like everyone just evaporated, but the news hasn't said anything and there aren't a bunch of cars with stickers on them. Maybe -- maybe the magician we saw was doing something to the people like putting Banes inside of them or something! I mean, how else can you explain it?"

Softpaws begins to jump to conclusions.

25. - Top - End - #265

"Either that, or they all were walking in the park yesterday and left," Jason says, hoping to bring the more rational explanation up. "Then again, there were several people laying at that sorcerer's feet..."

He looks around the area as well, hoping to see if it's completely safe to exit the car.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

"And a bunch of Bane Squirrels! The news would mention it if those people actually disappeared, so ..." she trails off, losing steam.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

The two least interested in the car and the park, Lifa and Laughs notice something. Across the street from the gate of the park, a group of black birds has settled on a telephone. Both Garou get the feeling that they are being watched by those birds.

28. - Top - End - #268

Jason walks to the car and looks in, hoping that Deep Fang had left the keys in. "At least I would hope so," He says as he opens the door to his alpha's car.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

The car was left in a hurry. Jason considers himself lucky his laptop wasn't stolen, because the doors were unlocked, windows down, and keys still in the ignition.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa keeps her shoulders a little higher than normal as she peers at the surrounding area. The SUV itself wasn't as much interest to her as the immediate vicinity was, and one sight of the small murder of crows narrowed her eyelids.

So caught up in her own thoughts was Lifa, that she couldn't utter a halt of some sort to Jason as he departed the car.

Thankfully that's what the radio's were for. Lifa turned the radio on in her lap as to obscure anyones vision from outside the car who might be watching her.

"Jason." Lifa said, her voice clear through the ear-piece she had provided him from the radio equipment earlier.

"Don't look, but there's a group of crows to your 4 o'clock. They're watching. The SUV is compromised."

Immediately all manner of spirits ran through Lifa's head as she thought of the various Banes and other specters that could be fused to an object and serve as a spy.