New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Hueco Mundo]

White sand stretches as far as the eye might see into the distance, broken only by the rise and fall of the dunes and the occasional solitary remains of a tree long dead. The pale moon illuminates the landscape, a white sickle cutting through a black sky. The camera pans across the silence and we turn to see a great white city. Its walls stretching for an unknown distance with nothing to compare them to, and within them a great wheel is formed by its walls. Buildings of various sizes and shapes fill the interior encircling a great white spiral that dominates from its centre. The tiny forms of hollows can be seen moving throughout some sections of the bone coloured streets providing scale to the massive structure even now still under construction in parts. Huge hollows with pale flesh heft slabs of stone from an unknown source into the shapes of new buildings, they themselves directed from a much more human form.

The man standing with sheets of designs in his barks orders and the hulking forms change positions, the colossal wall between then now shifting to one side of a mighty tower. The man himself is strange, initially wonder is given to the presence of a human in the world of hollows, but a segment of mask covers his brow and eyeline, its curving horns and stern expression forming an intimidating visage. The sword hanging from his belt resembles nothing so much as a zanpukto, the weapon of a Shinigami, it looks out of place in the white city. The camera pans, this new form of hollow, this man with the look of a Shinigami is one repeated dozens or perhaps hundreds of times. They dot the city, an army of those who have moved beyond the simple life of the hollow and become something greater. Surrounded by books and papers in the spiralled tower the man responsible plots his next move.

Under the rule of Dainichi Nyorai the residents of the sands had withdrawn from the mortal world, those who would not obey this edict were killed by his agents as much as by the Shinigami. With promise of an escape from the endless cycle of hunger, flavoured with a taste of power he had won many of the sands denizens to him and they flocked to his great white city.

The most loyal were given authority, the deserving formed his Espada, the blade that enforced his will. The city was dedicated in sections, given over to the pursuits Danichi saw value in. Few hollows shared his vision, but the process of arrancarification was sufficient to draw in followers. Power was built, an army was created and devices of war and intrigue were built. His warmachine ready the lord of the city of night has begun his was on Soul Society.

[Mortal World]

The High School was just that - a High School. It had no name, so to speak of. It had no origins that any could recall.

They called it "The School". Naming it anything specific would be meaningless, for in the minds of all who had ever attended it was "The School". The School was big and looming, a massive beast of a building that overlooked everything in the area - the tall cliffs leading up to it barely holding it afloat - waves crashed against them every day, lulling unsuspecting students to rest with their whispers far below.

The town was a simple place. People went about their day to day lives there, in this simple town of Ikari. It was urban, and yet it was not. Most of the buildings were industrial, for the entire town was man-made, but there were a few that looked simplistic and elegant, the look of old dojos or palaces.

That is where the rich reside.

This is not about the rich.

The School was a dangerous place to attend, but it was the only place to attend. The cliffs threatened to take whoever dared to try them, and everyone dared. It was a game to the students. Test The Waters, they called it.

A small plank of wood would be extended towards the end of the cliffs, with someone standing on top of it. Everyone would chant - "Fly, Fly, Fly!", and the person would slowly edge their way to the end of the board. If they reached the end without slipping, they would jump on the board, once, twice, three times, before returning to solid ground, slowly but carefully.

Many died this way, trying to prove themselves to their fellow peers.

It is a Monday. A good day, by any means - but the worst day to awaken, and be introduced to reality...

[Soul Society]

Soul Society. Once called "Heaven" by some. A place without hunger, where each day should be like a bright summer day, and each night like warm, starlit summer night. But now, one would be hard-pressed to believe any of this. The vast city of wandering souls has been turned into a slaughterhouse, with lost and perverted spirits occupying its streets and having their way with its inhabitants.

The supposedly impenetrable wall of Sekkiseki, seldom seen down in times of peace, circles the capitol of afterlife. Nervous guards keep watch at the gates day and night, dreading the time when the next assault will begin. Hospitals are full and cries of the wounded fill the air.

The fabled Gotei, once consisting of 13 Divisions, was shrunk to mere six during a period of 50 years - a time when the Shinigami thought they had overcome the Hollow threat once and for all. Well, they were wrong. And now everyone is paying the price.

The sky is gey with clouds as a slight breeze blows in from the Commander-General's window. On her table, a cup of tea waits before her, brought in by a thoughtful soldier to ease her nerves. But the tea has turned cold, almost as cold as the Commander's eyes when she looks at the other three captains present at the table. There is no warmth there, only a command for order, and a question -

"Will one of you please explain to me how an entire battalion can just up and vanish? No, really. I'd love to know how the oh-so competent Combat Division, and the 'impeccable' Science Institute managed to lose some three hundred odd men in the span of a single afternoon."

((gl;hf))
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-10-28 at 03:57 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]

The transition of power from the previous Captain, and his sudden death, to himself hadn’t been an easy one. There was the mandatory three day mourning period, the incense, the funeral itself and the transference of power to be undertaken in a period of time that the otherwise behemoth like SSI would have scoffed at as even a preliminary research appointment. Sawada wore the robes and trappings of the Grand Sorcerer yet they were much to big for his slight frame and the pair of Mod Souls that flanked his chair seemed to only add to the effect that the slime and effeminate Shinigami was out of place at a table of Captains and Commanders. The question however seemed almost leveled at him in a more uncomfortable manner and of course, it required an answer.

With a motion of his hand a small hologram shimmered from one of the looming Oni’s chest, showing the roster of the entire SSI. “Due to restructuring following the death of the Former Great Sorcerer, several of our members were not pleased with the change of power and have been moved to less people oriented positions. I assure all present that their value to Soul Society will not diminish in their new jobs. We are still working on such personnel changes, we hope the Gotei understands that in any command change there will be such complications.” He perked his chin up to fix those around the table with his gaze from under his broad ceremonial hat.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-28 at 04:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mortal World, 28th of October, noon, northern Finland]

Lapland. How long he'd yearned to visit it. How often he'd meant to, first with his friends, then alone whe didn't have any, then with co-workers, or hobby partners... but every time, it'd slipped from his schedule. Once he didn't think he could make it, then he didn't have the money, then everyone said they were busy and couldn't make it...

Once, they'd felt like real reasons. Now, as he admires the landscaped, all of them feel like little more than excuses. But of course, now he has nothing to hold him back. Nothing and no-one.

Snow came early this year. Before him, there is only undisturbed whiteness spreading as far as the eye can see, with distant fjelds looming in the horizon. Behind him, there is only his own footprints - he started following a hiking trail just barely discernible among the moss and lichens, but he lost track of it some time ago. Not that it really matters.

Despite the freezing weather, he's only wearing a leather jacket with a dark blue shirt underneath - the jacket is open, billowing slightly as the winter breeze blows at him. Despite being miles and miles from nearest human settlement, he has no provisions with him. Any ordinary person would consider him insane for coming so far without proper equipment, provided they would not get too hung up on wondering how he got there in the first place.

Of course, the chance of meeting anyone this far into the wilderness is about the same as sun not rising tomorrow. Smiling, Mikael Esaja Rautianen walks forward, hands in his pockets. If there's middle of nowhere, he's found it, and he likes it there.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Discipline," declared the Captain of the Internal Security Division, Ueda Nori. His posture was perfect, head resting comfortably on the back of his seat with his right hand balled into a fist supporting his head. "The Pack is just that; akin to wolves. We are not animals, my friends, so we should not act like them." He rapped the fingers of his left hand on the table, his perfectly cut nails making rhythmic tapping noises. "I saw Kiba-San's "Brute Squad" cramming through the doorway, struggling to get out of the barracks and into action on time. There are two possible reasons why this occurred. Either the men and women of 'The Pack' are too inefficient in extraditing themselves from a building or the door was too small. If the door was the issue, LogMed would be present. Since Zheng-Taichou is nowhere in sight, this cannot be the plausible explanation. Without any further solutions, we can conclude that this mish-mash of a division is still not operating under peak capabilities," he explained, keeping a level tone throughout in an attempt to not sound condescending (such an attempt would be feeble considering the intent of his words). He removed his hand from his head.

"Such a display would not stand in my division. The intensity of their combat training has increased to dangerous levels. I'm sure that repeated head trauma from these exercises might be a cause. What these men need is not combat training; they may be the best at swinging swords but if that is all that they are capable of then I fear for the safety of all of Soul Society. War is not only about being stronger than your opponent; it is about being more efficient in deploying your resources than your opponent." The Captain straightened some papers in front of him. "We need soldiers, not swordsmen. Professionals, not pillagers. If Kiba-San can not keep his men in line then I fear that I will need to enforce discipline in the Combat Division as my division has countless times in the past."

Nori went through his files as he scratched at his stubble, a side-effect of the sudden nature of this meeting. Such an egregious display of unkemptness would never stand in a time of peace. Still, necessary sacrifices must be made. "If they were to stand in a Four-By-Five formation as they left the building, rather than the embarrassing clump I saw trip over themselves in an attempt to find the way out, I surmise that the men would have gotten into the fight a full eleven seconds sooner. Eleven seconds may not sound like a lot, but it something like that may prove crucial, especially when lives are at stake."
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2012-10-28 at 05:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society

If Ueda Nori could see one Hiju Naijeru he might have been frothing at the mouth. The leader of the Brute Squad were out doing their standard bonding exercise. That is drinking merrily at one of the Soul Society's many bars. Some of Naijeru's men were cheering him on as he chugs down what has to be his 13th drink. Often times his men thought that his liver constituted to the majority of his torso. He finished off his drink strongly before letting out a sigh of satisfaction. "Man! Nothing like that to wash away the stress of the day. Okay squad, remember! Don't drink more than your capable of. We've gone 2 whole weeks without a bar-side brawl. We go three more days, and that's a personal best. Who know maybe it'll make the bartender give us a discount."

A few seconds passed with the sqaud looking at the bartender, a gruff looking woman who was beautiful in the same way the few females on Naijeru's squad were. She cracked a small smile as the squad as a whole said, "NAH!" A chorus of laughter sounded out at that as the squad continued their merrymint.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Mortal World

Haroda Tamaki was heading to school with his trademark red scarf wrapped around his neck. He was reading a Midsummer's Night Dream already being halfway through despite just starting a day and a half ago. He pushed his glasses back up his nose so that they did not fall off. He headed up to the school with steady steps. He left early so he wouldn't be late. However he would likely have to endure the 'subtle' jeers of his fellow classmates. After all, he refused to Test The Waters. Add that to the fact that he was a little intimidating so they had to mock him from a safe distance. Of course it wasn't all of the students that did this. After all, some people would rather be alive and smart rather than brave and dead.

(OOC:This good guys?)

6. - Top - End - #6

[Soul Society; Meeting]

Death laughed, a wide grin spreading across her face. "No, no, no. You seem to have misunderstood - almost purposefully! I didn't ask why I asked how you managed it! three hundred men are gone thanks to your incompetence! So please, tell me how you managed it."

[Mortal World]

The smoke flew up in the air, and the taste of ash settled in Sora's mouth. He looked up, and a small frown covered his face as he leaned against the small shed on top of the skyscraper.

The city was industrial, that much was certain. The building Sora had was on top of towered over much of it, but there were many buildings that came close - but none ever matched where he was supposed to be.

The School was the tallest building, situated on the tallest cliff in The City, looming over the rest of the industrial phenomenon with ease.

"Five years..." he said with a murmur, closing his eyes once more as he inhaled the smoke.

Five years is how much farther ahead than the rest of the world The City supposedly was. It was Japan's pride and joy, the project they poured so much money into. The newest buildings, technology, and weapons all circulated through the city.

Sora didn't give a damn whether one gun could shoot two hundred rounds without exploding from the heat, but the rest of the world did.

The rain was a serene soundtrack as his music played through his ears, and a small smile overcame his face. He looked almost... peaceful.

It was nice.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society] Sawada

Sawada shakes his head, motioning to the hologram. "The response was both a why and a how. Of the two hundred men you are accounting in what you claim as general incompetence is nothing more than an accounting error to redirect assets that can no longer produce their original function. The men and women are not "missing", merely repurposed to tasks more befitting their general sentiments to the ongoing situation that has arisen due to those who are meant to protect our sacred home from invasion which has resulted in the loss of the former Great Sorcerer and countless other lives in the Rukon. One would ask how such an event transpired however it is an unfit time to lay blame on those who have only assumed the role of command."

Sawada again casts an eye out to the table. "I will print out my full documentation of my transferals to the Shrine Complexes Lambda and Theta after the meeting. I am certain the alarm bills will die down when you see that we have not lost nearly as much life as you worry about. I to would be worried if two hundred men merely disappeared into thin air after an attack by Hollows in an unprecedented slaughter. You however have nothing to fear. As for the remaining one hundred I cannot account for. The business of the other Divisions is not a concern that has been afforded to me with my recent transferal to the head of the Order. I am certain you will understand." He gently places a hand on the table as the hologram fades into motes of light before disappearing into the air for good.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-28 at 08:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Death laughed again. Longer, and harder.

"Now you're doing it on purpose. I'm the Captain Commander, so when I ask you "where are three hundred souls", I don't need numbers. I can sense that they're not here. They're gone. So please, tell me where did my men go!?!"

A black wave of power burst from the Captain Commander as she stood up from the table, her black clothes easily following her - a stark reminder of how much she despised rules and regulations.

"I don't read my paperwork - I have a division to do that for me. Your lack of connection to the Soul Society aside, three hundred Shinigami have vanished from Seireitei! That is a massive security breach," she whirled around her eyes blazing with frustration as she snarled, "in a time of WAR! So, let me ask you again - WHERE ARE THEY!?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society] Sawada

"It certainly makes me feel more confident that you have others to help you with the paper work." Sawada murmurs, keeping a calm face despite the laughter. "I have informed you where they have been moved. This is not a security breach, at least from the S.S.I's numbers. Two hundred personal have been transferred to Shrine Complex Lambda in Xining, China and Shrine Complex Theta in Montreal, Canada in the mortal world where they can focused on their work and not politics, a realm the S.S.I has little interest in. That is all I can disclose, the Shrines are under the Universal Nondisclosure Agreement. I assure you with all the knowledge I have, they are hard at work protecting Soul Society as we speak."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-28 at 08:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

"Death-Soutaichou you are in breach of decorum. Now I know you said no more numbers... But there are four of us here, one of which is Captain Commander. Three out of four is often 75%, if I'm not mistaken. Most of us here could not tell that three-hundred had "vanished"; I assumed you were referring to the most recent assault. Now if you'd sit down, I'm afraid you have spilled your tea."

Ueda Nori gave a long sigh as he straightened his papers once more, disturbed by the burst of power. He produces a small stone from his hakama, and places it on his papers such that they would be disturbed no further.

"If three-hundred souls have indeed gone missing, and not simply redeployed as Sawada-Taichou has said, we must no doubt endeavour to ascertain the nature of their disappearance. I am aware of no current efforts to cloak the signatures of our shinigami on such a large scale, and barring any interjection on this effort by Sawada-Taichou, I can safely say that this is not the Science Division's doing. I personally can tell you that the Security Division has taken no part in thwarting our own securities. And I can tell you with a reasonable degree of accuracy that 'The Pack' could not figure out how to escape unnoticed if they were given a thousand years. So what we have left is the knowledge that we did not make our own shinigami disappear. Obviously, this must be the actions of our foes."

Nori's eyes twitched for a moment, slightly exasperated. He prepared a hell butterfly. He whispered a message to it and sent it off to the Vice Captain of the Internal Security Division.

"Now that I am aware of this disturbance, I can tell you that I will commit two-hundred of my own men to investigating the plausible reasoning behind the disappearance of the battalion. Problem solved. So now, why are we still sitting here if we are already doing everything under our power to determine the nature of this disappearance? I have certainly done my part in this mystery."
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2012-10-28 at 08:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society

The Kenpachi's funeral seemed like only yesterday. Had it been only yesterday? It was difficult to tell for Kiba, as days seemed to blend in with each other. The loss of the Kenpachi had impacted the entire division, but none moreso than Kiba. The Kenpachi was the one person in all of Soul Society that Kiba would unquestionably follow. Now that he was gone, what would happen to the Combat Corps?

It wasn't as simple as finding a replacement Captain. Sure, a replacement could always be assigned, but he'd never be truly accepted by the Pack as a whole, simply because he wouldn't be a Kenpachi. He wouldn't have earned his spot at the top of the ladder through blood, sweat, tears, and combat the way every seated officer in the Pack had.

Kiba was technically in charge now, but only in the sense that no one outranked him, and no one in the Pack could strip him of that. He had tried to take over the duties of leading the Pack as best he could, but even the most basic of forms were filled out by others, and incoming letters and requests had to be read aloud to him. He definitely wasn't ready for this position, but Kiba was certain this is what the Kenpachi would've wanted.

He tried to think. There was the training of new recruits this morning. He'd gone soft as with all the chaos the healers didn't have as much time to "practice." Later he would spar with whatever seated officers were available, and he'd have to make some time to figure out how to set up their remaining forces so Soul Society could actually be marginally well protected. About now he would be having his one-on-one spar with Kenpachi, but obviously that couldn't happen. He tried taking the Kenpachi's words to heart, to meditate and to calm his raging soul.

When that didn't work, he took to one of the obstacle courses to further training. Dashing from pole to pole, leaping over volleys of flaming arrows, ducking in between swinging bladed pendulums, and holding back two thick stone slabs trying to crush him. If he had somewhere to be for Vice-Captainly duties, he didn't know it.

Mortal World

Kenzan prowled the streets more briskly than usual. Normally, he'd scour for something, anything to do. But a month ago he had encountered a strange creature, a monster with a white mask. Unlike the usual thugs he was used to fighting, this one was actually a challenge, and what made it weirder was apparently he was the only one there who could see the thing. Killing it was, for lack of a better word, interesting, and that's what Kenzan craved more than anything in his dismal eventless life. At first he thought that the thing was one of a kind, and that after it disintegrated into nothingness, Kenzan thought the experience was over for good. Then a week ago, another, different creature, also with a white mask appeared. Punching it in its mask-covered face caused the whole creature to split apart and shimmer into nothingness once again. So Kenzan continued his patrol of the city, looking for something, anything of interest. He briefly wondered if he should head to the School where he was likely "supposed" to be. Even though he'd long given up on anything interesting happening there, part of him wondered if that was the next place to look.

Mortal World, The School

'The School' was such a dumb name. Fitting perhaps for a dumb school, but it still annoyed Sazaki Miko to no end. This place had a proper name, but any time someone referred to it, no one else would really understand what the name meant. The people here was just as dumb as the name of the school.

Nontheless, here she was, going to school on Monday morning like a good little student, hoping avoiding eye contact and hopefully any contact with the rest of the student body. All the while the creature in her heart ached. The hunger wasn't as bad today, it had been sated the past weekend. Those people had deserved it. They were dumb too...

Hueco Mundo

Victor Vicente Alto Ramirez smiled at his slowly growing army. He had lived a good, prosperous life. A victorious one as the conquerer of many regimes in his country. He lived to an old age, and when he was finally killed, he was expecting a far different afterlife. One of eternal torment or oblivion. Instead, he found an afterlife that was just as conquerable as the world of the living. One where he needn't just rely on his army for victory, but where each conquest would let him grow in strength.

Before he could conquer the afterlife, he needed an army, and so he gathered as many hollows as possible, allowing them to consume one another to create the choice generals for his army. But his supply of hollow recruits was wearing thin. He needed some fresh blood. So now his scouts scour the land of the living for spiritually aware mortals, bringing the choice picks to Victor Vicente. They would die, become hollows, and either consume or be consumed until they were picks for his army.

One of his advisors approaches him. "Sir. We've found another recruit for you in Finland. Shall we intercept?"

Victor Vicente nods and smiles. The portal to the living world is open, and a dozen of his finest hollow soldiers pour through to intercept and capture the hapless mortal, hopefully before anyone can interfere.

The portal to Hueco Mundo manifests not ten feet behind Mikael as the hollow soldiers leap out to try and capture their prey.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mortal World, 28th of October, noon, northern Finland]

Having reached foot of the fjeld, Mikael looks up along the snow-covered slope. It's beautiful. He resumes climbing up, untill spotting a small rock jutting out of the snow. Maybe it's there to mark the hiking trail? He makes his way to it and sits down, subconsciously rubbing his hands together for warmth. While the cold can't affect him, he still feels it. He'd inured himself to such sensations, but old habits die hard. He still remembers what it felt like to be a mortal.

It's about time to rest regardless. While his feet would not grow sore no matter how long he walks, it still takes time. His mind still grows weary even if his body does not. Maybe he'd take a short nap here, soft fresh snow as his bed?

But, fate has other plans. All of a sudden, something rushes against the man, knocking him down from the rock. Startled, his heart skips a beat. He expects to roll down the mountain, but something has grabbed him, and hoists him back up. It feels like... hands? Paws? It's something big and heavy, but what? His attempts to turn around and look at it are thwarted by the thing clinging to his back. With some struggling, Mikael manages to grab its arm (?), and with a burst of strenght, throws it over his shoulder. He manage to catch just a brief glimpse of it, though - it's something big and black against the white ground. A bear, perhaps? No, something is eeriely wrong with it for it to be any natural mammal. But he isn't allowed to examine it, as something grabs his foot and he falls backwards - but instead of his back hitting the ground, he just keeps falling, the sky suddenly growing very distant.

And then everything just goes black.

Mikael blinks, trying to regain his vision, but it's useless. He knows he's still awake and not passed out, but somehow the material world has vanished from around him. Abruptly, heavy things collide with him, grabbing his limbs and tearing at his clothes. Hands? Claws? What is going on?

A sharp nudge sends pain shooting through his right arm, and apparently he's being hoisted from the ground by something, as he can't feel anything under his feet. But as the invisible assailant(s?) keep manhandling him, his fighting spirit kicks in, and he struggles and tears himself from their grip, his knuckles, knees and elbows smashing at some odd beings lurking in the darkness... from feel and sound of it, he could almost swear he broke someone's or thing's jaw.

But while his strugles release him, his feet still don't meet a thing underneath. He just keeps falling! His mind freezes at the sheer absurdity of it, and he can't muster the will to keep himself afloat. Then something strikes against his side from the blackness, and he's sent tumbling sideways, his eyes instinctively closing as he flinches from pain.

Then, he finally finds solid ground, or rather, it finds him. He impacts it back first, the wind knocking out of his lungs. He bounces slightly back up and hits it again, then rolls over his shoulder and crawls to his feet. Dazed, he looks around, but what he sees serves only to further boggle his mind. Even though it was bright day just seconds ago, now it's the blackest of nights, with only a crescent moon casting its dim silvery light on the landscape. And as Mikael looks at it, he grows more and more certain that it really shouldn't twist so sharply as it does. And while the ground is as white and barren as it should be, it crackles oddly under his feet, as if it is grains of sand rather than snow.

"Mitä helvetin perkelettä?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation notes: lit. "What the Hell's Devil?", or more liberally, "What in the Devil's name?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-10-29 at 12:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hueco Mundo

All around Mikael in the white sands of Hueco Mundo stand legions of strange creatures, of various sizes and shapes but they all have one thing in common: they're white bone masks, and they're all staring at him. Two particularly large hollows hold him by the arms, presenting him towards their master.

Although Victor Vicente looks human, his stare makes him seem possibly more monstrous than the hordes surrounding him. He stands tall and rigid like a fascist propaganda poster, and slowly a smile curls between his thick moustache and the mask fragment around his chin.

<"Rejoice, comrade!">Victor Vicente declares in his native language, uncaring if Mikael can actually hear him or not, <"You have been conscripted into an army that will take the underworld by storm! Your life as you know it is now over. What awaits you is either oblivion or power depending on how you survive. Now, let's see what sort of monster death makes out of you."> Another hollow steps in front of Mikael, this one somehow a walking guillotine with scythes for arms. One doesn't need to understand the language to realize that this thing is meant to be an executioner.

14. - Top - End - #14

[Hueco Mundo]

((OoC: So, can I assume that Valentina is La Cuarta Espada already?))

The loyal Valentina walks down a large street, approving or disapproving of the newly-formed arrancares. "No, you need to be more fierce." "This is no place for weaklings." are a few examples of what she says.

She is an arrancar with authority; her proud strut and her Shinigami-style sword tells as much. Her 'torn' mask does, as well.

It can be said that she's an 'internal affairs' woman, making sure others don't get too unruly and disobedient to the Hollow King.

[Soul Society] Approaching the Western Gate

The magnificence of the Seireitei is breath-taking. Even the white walls are beautiful. It all looks very regal, ennobling, and it is the goal of many souls to join up with the Shinigami and fight the hollows.

District 1, west, is the same way. Busy, energetic, clean, ordered, light...I'm sure you could think of many other adjectives to describe this place. Beautiful, there's another one of them.

None of those adjectives could describe the young woman, or, better, teenager, walking through the crowd. In fact, she's so out of place that everyone gives her wide berth. As she moves down the streets, people hurriedly pull children off the street and whispering in hushed tones.

Covered in flakes of dried blood. Barefoot, with raw sores from walking so far. Her hair, messy and in unbrushed clumps. Nearly dragging a katana behind her. Physically exhausted, but with a deep thirst of revenge behind her eyes.
    These are some of the words that can describe her, a complete foil to the beauty of the ordered section of the city.

Embroidered on her bloodstained clothing is the symbol of the long-exiled noble house, the Suou family. Anybody who hasn't studied Seireitei's history wouldn't know them.

As she reaches the western gate, she looks up the towering walls and takes a deep breath. It's too late to turn back now.

Heck, it was too late to turn back days ago, when I
    started this journey, thinks Nicole.

"I wish to become a Shinigami," she says to whoever is at the gate.

[Moral World] Tsukamoto Residence

Ugh. Monday morning. This means school.

Miya leaves her bed, looks at her clock, and notices that she should have left a half hour ago. "Why do I have to sleep in?" she groans, to nobody in particular. "And why did we have to move to such an ugly town?"

Before rushing out the door, she stops in front of a picture of her family, taken years ago. Her, younger, with her parents smiling. Now, one's dead and the other is always away at his new job. Miya might as well be an orphan; that way, she would at least see her father more often. "'Bye, mother. Japan's not as beautiful without you."

She runs off to
    [The School]

Tsukamoto Miya arrives late.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-29 at 07:11 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Seireitei] Just Outside Combat Corps Sparring Rings

Dosan leans back in a chair just outside the ring of possibly one of the most used sparring rings in the entire Seireitei, seemingly asleep. He'd just finished sparring against his squad, to keep them in good form.

[Hueco Mundo]

With an almost inaudible woosh, Azmus appears across the street from Valentina and the new arrancar. He doesn't say anything, but murmurs from the new arrancar may alert to his presence. He looks slowly along the length of the recruits, judging each one in turn.

[Mortal World] The School; Physics Classroom

Higure sits behind his desk, just now fully awake after his third cup of coffee, and awaits his students. He looks over his notes on the lecture for today with a rather bored expression on his face, still a few minutes before the class starts.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-10-30 at 12:44 AM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Hueco Mundo]

Mikael's eyes dart wildly from side to side as the two... creatures grab him by the arms. He would struggle, but his body is frozen from the sheer absurdity of the creatures holding him. A gut-wrenching dread start welling inside him as he faces what appear to be two, flayed skulls stuck on barely humanoid bodies.

Then, he hears someone speaking. Eyes wide open, he turns to look at the solitary human figure standing amidst the grotesque mockeries of dead bodies. It poses no comfort, unfortunately, for the man all dressed in white looks like he could be the devil himself, making Mikael's former cursing grimly ironic. Mikael's brain is still stuck in fight-or-flight mode, so he can hardly comprehend the words, though he understands the man is adressing him and dimly recognizes his speech as some form of Spanish.

Then, his executioner steps forth - a malformed figure, like a giant praying mantis wearing a human skull over its head. "Ei voi olla", Mikael blurts, once more an ironic statement from the man who can speak to the dead or unliving. But despite his own extraordinary nature, this is something far out from the left field. His conscious mind can't even begin to comprehend this unexpected situation.

Fortunately, his instincts are still aware of the danger posed by the form creeping closer. Desperately, he tries to wrench his arms free, but his captors prove much stronger than he could've anticipated. Rather than being hold by living creatures, it feels more like he's been cast in solid steel.

Then, perhaps on cue or just eager to get rid of the struggling mortal, the beasts press him down, trying to force him to his knees. He manages to get one foot against the round and remain in half-standing position, but then he freezes when a shadow suddenly blocks the moonlight. He looks up as fast as he can, only to see the mantis standing before him, malicious red eyes staring at him from deep within eyesockets of the skull, its scythe-like claw raised to strike.

Then the claw drops down in a white blur, a wooshing sound echoing through the air. Mikael slumps down, dust billowing slightly as his body hits ground. The crowd cheers.

The executioner takes a step back, lifting its claw back up. But wait... there's no blood on the blade. And the man's head is still curiously well-fixed to his neck...

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation notes: Lit. "This can't be".

Also, Bob? Please finish Vicente's description. I'd like to know what Mikael is looking at.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hueco Mundo

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Challenge. Accepted.))

What should have been the feral roars of bloodlust at a fresh execution were instead cautious murmurs among his army. Victor Vicente's ceremonious execution has been interrupted by the victim's stubborn refusal to remain in one piece.

His regal white uniform is a reflection of both his positions in life. It has all the royal flair of a Spanish noble, but somehow combines elements from his military uniform when he was still alive. His long white coat goes down to just above his leather jackboots. His posture remains rigid with his gloved hands folded behind his back, even as his triumphant smile fades and his wrinkles contort into annoyance at the interruption. Despite standing on the highest nearby dune in this vast white desert, there is not a speck of dirt or dust on his pristine white uniform, as if the sand itself took care not to trespass upon his figure. His thick, black-gray eyebrows start to twist in anger in perfect symmetry with the rest of his rigid, rugged face, matching his short salt and pepper hair. Around his chin from sideburn to sideburn is a thick, bone plate, his mask fragment, looking as if it was the only showing piece of some full-plated armor hidden beneath the uniform. Or perhaps the uniform was the armor, since for all the belts, straps, and other decorum reminiscent of a ceremonial uniform, all of it seemed to be attached seamlessly into Victor Vicente's clothing, as if the whole ensemble was one piece. At his side is a single machete, still sheathed, is black handle and blood-encrusted blade the only color of Victor Vicente's completely white pristine uniform. The only thing that could be contrued as an imperfection a single small hole above his heart, where one would expect an assortment of badges denoting rank and accomplishment, the perfectly round hole piercing him completely so that the desert behind him is visible through it, yet the hole does not bleed or seem to cause Victor Vicente any discomfort.

<"GET ON WITH IT!""> he bellows with authority. He brings one arm slowly and methodically from behind his back, forms a gun with his fingers, and points it directly at Mikael, and consequently, the executioner, who is apparently not meeting his master's expectation. While it would seem like a childish threat in any other situation, dark energy starts to gather at a small point at Victor Vicente's fingertips. No, that's not quite right. It seems as if something is sucking and consuming energy at Victor Vicente's fingertips, as if a miniature black hole was somehow forming. The army no longer crowds Mikael, backing away from the targeted area. The two larger hollows unknowingly slightly loosen their grip, more concerned with attempting to escape the potential blast radius than doing their job of holding the prisoner down. The executioner hollow panics and tries to strike again, this time with multiple limbs armed with blades, doing everything he can to execute Mikael before he incurs his master's wrath.

Soul Society

Several explosions rock the training course as Kiba narrowly dodges the third land mine in a row. They were a pain to set up, but nothing pointed out a vital misstep in combat more than a point-blank explosion. Once they returned, Kiba would have to speak with the other seated officers on how best to assign the Combat Corps now that they had war to prepare for as well.

Mortal World

Sazaki Miko quietly enters Higure's classroom on time for her next class, takes her usual seat in the very back corner, keeps her head down, and starts counting down the seconds until this class ends and the next one begins.

18. - Top - End - #18

Mortal World
    The School: Physics Classroom

With a few minutes left before class starts, Naito strides into the classroom. He sits down at a desk towards the back of the class room, away from the windows. He pulls his hat down and pushes his sunglasses farther up his nose, then pulls out his physics textbook and a few handouts, then leans back in his chair and waits until class starts.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society] Sawada- Meeting

“It is no breach in protocol to confess that all of the Shrine Complexes are equipped with measures that shield their presence to any prying eyes. It is for the safety of those who operate within the Shrines and Soul Society itself. Were our enemies to breach these complexes. I fear we would be in a more hopeless situation than we find ourselves in now. I am monitoring the situation from the ground. Political red tape is not my area of expertise though I lack a whole Division to do my paper work for me. Luckily, that is why we have updated to computers.” Sawada murmurs softly, placing a hand back on the table. “If I may perhaps raise a concern? You also Ueda-Taichou are out of line in simple decorum. The Captain of the Pack is not here to defend himself from your accusations. A man of your stature is unbecoming to such antics. If you will forgive me for saying. Sir.”

[Mortal World] Sawada- High School

The Mortal World held a special place in Sawada’s heart and the City was no different. It sat on Shrine Complex Rho which in and of itself sat on the most secret operation that the S.S.I had ever undertaken. The 11th facility hid behind layers and layers of security and even those working in Complex Rho were unaware of the vaults beneath their feet. But that wasn’t why he was in the mortal world. Observation was the first step in any good experiment and with the mortal Substitute Shinigami having helped in the war, humans were perhaps a more viable aid then they first appeared. So it was for this reason he had posed as a transfer student, today being his first day. He stepped into the classroom, making a bee-line for the caffeine addled and weary teacher before giving a simple bow. “Yasunobu Sawada, Sir.” the effeminate boy stated in his typical terse manner.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Hueco Mundo]

The sound. What on earth is that sound? It's like the air itself is wailing and screaming in pain due to... something the man in white is doing. Mikael isn't sure if he'll dare to lift his head and look. He can't begin to guess why his life has suddenly turned into an All Hallows' Eve horror picture show, but he'd certainly have to time to find out later, once he'd escape from the this abominable crowd after his head.

First, he has to get away from his executioner. His neck hurts like hell and it's difficult to believe it's still in its right place. Luckily, the monsters holding his arms loosened their grips. Mikael pushes back up and twists his body, wrenching his arms from their grasps and consequently elbowing both to their stomachs. The creatures stumble back, uninjured but surprised a mere human could muster such strenght.

But the executioner's blade is already in motion - Mikael flinches as he finds himself face to face with the horror, and its multitude of claws strike at him, tearing apart the front of his jacket and knocking him back against the two other monters.

Wait... knocking him back? The sharp claws should've sliced right through him, with negligible resistance! The executioner freezes in terror, feeling the disapproving gaze of its superior burning a hole in its back. Mikael sees his time has come - his former captors move to grab him once more, but he tumbles down and slips away past their feet. Then, there's a bright flash of light and Mikael jumps up in the air, flying over the heads of the distanced crowd.

21. - Top - End - #21

[Soul Society]

Ueda Nori leaned back in his chair. His brow became creased as the Science Division's Captain spoke to him. This frustration eventually turned into a calm, and then disingenuous mirth. "You are both forgiven and mistaken, Sawada-Taichou. Were the Captain of the Pack still alive I am sure that I would be taking a different tone. I am not bound to speak with respect to an Acting Captain who does not make his presence known at the first meeting since the scope of his duties has been increased. I understand that it is with great sadness that Kenpachi has left us. However, grief is no excuse for missing this meeting, and neither is the laziness that we have come to expect from the Combat Division. When I became Captain I made a difference on the first day. Captain duties are a responsibility, a gift, not a punishment; I should need not have my men arrest Kiba-San and bring him here. But if that is what it takes, I am prepared to do it."

Nori prepared a hell butterfly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post

The Mortal World held a special place in Sawada’s heart and the City was no different. It sat on Shrine Complex Rho which in and of itself sat on the most secret operation that the S.S.I had ever undertaken. The 11th facility hid behind layers and layers of security and even those working in Complex Rho were unaware of the vaults beneath their feet. But that wasn’t why he was in the mortal world. Observation was the first step in any good experiment and with the mortal Substitute Shinigami having helped in the war, humans were perhaps a more viable aid then they first appeared. So it was for this reason he had posed as a transfer student, today being his first day. He stepped into the classroom, making a bee-line for the caffeine addled and weary teacher before giving a simple bow. “Yasunobu Sawada, Sir.” the effeminate boy stated in his typical terse manner.

Higure looks up at the transfer student and stands, smiling.

You must be the new transfer student. I'm Mr. Iwamori, nice to meet you. Take a seat anywhere.

After the rest of the students file in, Higure turns and writes "Classical Mechanics" on the board, then turns and begins his lecture.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-10-31 at 07:12 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World

Tamaki comes in to physics class mere seconds before the bell rings. He quickly goes to take his usual seat. When Higure begins teaching he would find Tamaki reading at his desk as usual. He still made straight A's though. Probably because he memorized his textbooks within the first week of school. Of course he would still listen, it was just that he most of time he would do in while reading. And always with that same frosty expression. The weird thing is though, that he actually volunteered to help people with anything that they didn't understand in class. Weird kid.

24. - Top - End - #24

[Hueco Mundo] On the streets Valentina

Valentina, as expected, doesn't notice him at first. She's too busy talking down on/giving tips and pointers to/whatever else she feels like doing to the new recruits.

However, she notices that the new Arrancar in front of her isn't looking at her. He's glancing at something behind her...she tries to deduce who it is based on Spiritual Energies. Who can it be? It has to be... "That is all," she says to the fledgling Arrancar. "Hello, Azmus," says Valentina as she turns around to face him.

Shoot.

This is someone stronger than her.

Now with the 2nd Espada near her, she doesn't seem so powerful and authoritative. Maybe she even looks a little meek. "What do you think of them?" she asks, her voice a little less forceful than it was before. "Some seem strong, but others just aren't up to the task. I think many of them will flee or die at the first sight of an enemy."

Indeed, some of them appear that way. Frightened. Others seem stronger. One that Valentina liked is named Lugaru. He's tall, wide-shouldered, and looks very much like a wolf. He seems strong enough.

[Soul Society] => Combat Corps, near sparring rings Suou Nicole

Certainly her circumstance of joining up had been irregular, however the Seireiti seems to know what to do, especially because new recruits are pouring in from all over the Soul Society.

Suou received directions to the Combat Corps from the man who was in charge of new recruits. What was his name again? Suou forgot. Oh, well. At least she didn't forget the instructions.

They also gave her directions to somewhere to take a bath and change clothes, but there's something more important than getting cleaned up. Nicole can change her blood-stained clothing after she reports for duty.

Take a right here, then a left, the two rights and a left, continue straight, go this way then that way then pass this one building and another and go through that way...

Finally, she finds her way to the Sparring Rings. She was told she would most likely find an officer around here. And, as luck would have it, there is! Some unranked members of the Combat Corps pointed out Dosan to her.

...Oh. He's asleep, she thinks.
    Nicole holds herself in a respectful bow, and says, "Suou Nicole reporting for duty." She'll wait in this position all day if she has to, until he will respond or react.

[Mortal World] School: Physics Classroom Tsukamoto Miya

Minutes after class started, Miya goes running down the hallway, proving how fast she can run. As she nears her physics classroom, she slows down so it won't appear so much that she was running. After all, someone who is late and runs to class isn't going to be very cool or popular.

"Sorry, professor, for being late," she apologizes, giving a respectful bow as she walks in. She looks around the room to find an empty chair...oh, shoot. Right in the front row.

Miya sits down quickly and looks down, avoiding eye contact with all of the cute boys in the room because they must think she's a dweeb by now. A dweeb who interrupts class, is out of breath, and sits in the front row.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-31 at 10:57 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hueco Mundo

The Cero briefly fades as the sudden flying mortal is quite the surprise to Victor Vicente. It takes a moment for him to consider this surprise a pleasant one and he smiles. The thought of what such an individual would be capable of as a hollow excites him. With one hand motion, the fraction of his hollow army capable of aerial combat leaps/flies up to try to converge on Mikael.

Victor Vicente decides that the executioner hollow is not at fault since the target was such a superb specimen. The two hollows on the side who let him escape however aren't so lucky. While not fully powered Ceros, he fires off two Bala Disparos in quick succession, completely annhilating the two larger brute hollows. He then turns his attention to the flying mortal, considering the possibility he might have to personally "recruit" this one.

Soul Society

His workout completed for now, and that particular obstacle course now a smoking ruin, Kiba heads off to prepare for a meeting with whatever seated officers are available. What issues the Kenpachi used to address were now his responsibility. Heading through the sparring rings, he comes across a sleeping Dosan and another shinigami, this one with an unfamiliar scent and bloodstained clothing standing at attention. Approaching Nicole from behind, he speaks curtly and quickly. "What do you want? If you're looking for the Med division it's over that way," he says with a brief head nudge in the appropriate direction.

Kiba's vice-captain hakama is more ripped and singed than usual (or perhaps it would be more accurate to say as usual given his training regimen). His broken Zanpakuto is strapped to his back, and he wears a cloth head wrap, still mostly intact, hiding his trademark ears that only a new recruit wouldn't know about. His armband signifying his rank as Vice-Captain is also clearly visible.

Mortal World; the School

Kenzan approaches the school long after the bell has rung. Only a fraction of the faculty and student body still recognize him. After all, he never wears the school uniform and only shows up for class once every few weeks. Still, he's visible outside the classroom windows.

EDIT:

Elsewhere in the Mortal World; an Undisclosed Location

A lone figure sits in the dark reading a massive tome, somehow unphased by the lack of light in his pursuit of literature. "Commencing experiment 18-A-1. Subject of experiment codenamed 'Arachne'. As part of the experiment the abilities of subject 'Arachne' will be exposed to a hostile environment, and test environment will also be evaluated as a possible site for future experiments."

Mortal World; the School

A female student in one of the other classrooms excuses herself to see the school nurse. She does not return. A large, spider-like hollow with bladed limbs appears on the top floor of the school and immediately sets to work spreading a thin web of wire from its mouth throughout the top floor and stairwell. It leaves the classrooms alone for now, intending to trap the rest of the school first before revealing itself.

Those who are spiritually aware can suddenly feel the presence of the hollow emanating from the top of the school, but those mortals unfortunate enough to get caught in the web without spiritual awareness cannot see or feel the wires ensnaring them, they only know they are stuck and that something seems to be draining the life from them. Those who are spiritually aware will be able to see and otherwise sense the wires normally, but the adhesive on the wires could still possibly ensnare them.

Kenzan feels the presence and his pace quickens to a run. He doesn't know what he's looking for, but his first reaction is to leap up and quickly climb the school walls to get to the roof, causing a stir in the classrooms who see him scaling the school walls.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-01-29 at 10:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

[Mortal World]

A lone woman stands on top of a building in the city. Her golden eyes scan the area, taking in all the sights.

Arianna was taking a moment to herself between checking on patrol teams. Her wings rustled in the breeze as she stood there. She enjoyed coming to the Mortal World. Loved seeing it change as time went on. She remembered when she could reach the top of any building with just a single leap.

Suddenly, her gaze snaps towards the direction of The School. She sensed some kind of Hollow presence there. A moment later, her Reiphone confirmed this. She knew the other team members in the area would be able to sense it, but looking at her Reiphone confirmed that she was the closest.

With a quick stroke of her wings, Arianna takes to the sky, headed for The School.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Seireitei] Near the Sparring Rings

Dosan, in the presence of his Vice Captain, quickly stands up, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

Suou said she was reporting for duty, sir.

Higure nods to Miya and Tamaki as the enter his classroom, but doesn't slow down in his lecture, using a projector as a visual aid. He casually glances out the window, and his eyes briefly widen at the young man disappearing over the top of his classroom windows. Only for a moment, then he regains his composure. He switches the projector over to a slide filled with equations.

Class please write these down, they will be on your next test. I will be right back.

With that, Higure calmly walks out of the classroom, and looks both ways down the hallway. Seeing that no one is there, he reaches inside his coat for Untaidake and, grasping the handle, sprints towards the nearest stairwell. He skids to a halt as he sees the web. Then, looking around once more, draws Untaidake and begins cutting his way up the stairs.

[Hueco Mundo] The Streets

Valentina.

Azmus nods to the fellow arrancar.

I fear you may be right about that. Let's see what we can do to fix that.

Azmus begins walking up and down the lines of recruits, and raises his voice.

We are at war. I sense that many of you are... afraid. Scared to fight; that when the time comes, you may attempt to flee. I would not recommend it, unless you think you can outrun my blade and I. I do not take kindly to deserters.

He stops in around the middle of the line of recruits.

That being said, if you do think you can beat me, leave now. We'll see who's faster.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-11-01 at 11:39 AM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World-The School

Tamaki's pencil stops in the middle of it's slow, smooth writing as he senses the hollow presence. His eyes narrow as his writing starts up again, this time at an incredibly fast rate. He finishes the last of his assignment in a flash before turning it over. "Sensei, I need to use the restroom." He doesn't even wait for an answer or acknowledgement before he heads out of the classroom. There is a bit of urgency in his step as he heads up to the roof. 'Odd, one of those creatures has never shown up this close to the school before. Something must be different about this attack. Either way, I can't let the student here be hurt. I need to take care of this one quickly.'

With his introspection finished Tamaki runs up to the he can sense the hollow's presence, closing his book and slipping it into his jacket pocket.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Sawada bows, taking his seat at the front of class as well. He smiles a bit despite himself at the bumbling young girl who sits next to him though remains silent as the teacher begins class. While certainly below his level of expertise, Sawada writes notes swiftly to keep up appearances. That was before the hollow however, which caused him to jerk a little in his seat. "Even here?" he mumbles, glancing around the room. Several students had already excused themselves and a simple scan indicated that even the Teacher was giving out spiritual pressure. He'd hope it would be enough. In the meantime however, he would run support.

He stood, holding a finger up to the ditzy young woman who had tramped into class late. Captain Ueda certainly would have something to say about her he was certain but musings aside. With the teacher gone he slipped out of class, moving to the fire alarm. If things got hairy he'd flick the switch but for now. This was a perfect test.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-11-01 at 04:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

[Soul Society] Combat Corps, Near Sparring Rings

Suou nods at what Dosan said; that is correct.

She turns to see this Kiba. Oh. Look at that, the Vice-Captain. She's only been here for a short while, and the second-in-command is already here. Not surprising, she thinks, because not many people arrive here after walking through nearly 80 Rukongai districts.

"Sir, I am Suou Nicole. New recruit." The young lady looks down at the paper in her hand, which assigned her to the Combat Corps. She did suggest that she joined the front-line combat group.

Just in case Vice-Captain Kiba doesn't believe her, she holds out the paper to him. Yes, it says that she's now in the Combat Corps.

[Hueco Mundo] The Streets

Valentina steps back out of deference, and looks down.

Azmus's short speech made some stand up taller. After all, yes! It is a war! They should fight. In fact, I'd say that more than half of them now stood at a higher stature. Some, out of fear. Some, out of respect. Others, wanting to get a good name for themselves as loyal and hardy warriors.

Lugaru is one of those who stands taller.

Only a select few seem slightly more frightened. After all, the best way to see what's in a man's heart is by how he reacts.
    One newly-formed arrancar, standing not far to the left of Azmus, is one of those who is afraid of death, afraid of fighting, afraid of losing. He's not running, which shows that his fear of the Segunda Espada is greater than his fear of fighting in a war. He who lives today can fight again another day, that's his motto.

However, his eyes betray him. His soft, blue eyes, which emphasize the elephant's tusks on his arms. He wants to run, but his fear prevents him from doing so. He just wants to stay away from fighting, stay away from powerful people, stay away from death and especially away from eating other hollows.

A weakling, if you were to ask Valentina.

[Mortal World] The School; classroom

Miya doesn't react to any of the going-ons outside the classroom. She feels bothered by the hollow's presence, but figures that it's just because of the bad air. After all, some things are just more important than a weird synchronized headache or magical people running up around or evil spiders.

Like, getting a good enough grade in her physics class so that she'll be allowed in the martial arts groups after school. Being detained extra time after school for not paying attention isn't really the best way to become a famous fighter on TV.

Tsukamoto Miya's embarrassment has been removed enough that she has stopped blushing. As Sawada stands up, she looks up at him and his finger. She looks at him, as if to say, What's up? Is there something out there?
    She quickly takes notes of what was written on the projector, and quickly trying to understand what the equations mean.

After that, she finally musters the courage to look around at the remaining classmates who haven't left the room suddenly.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-11-02 at 12:39 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.