New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

"Much obliged. Thank you for the tea. And no, he's not in trouble. I'm here to help. Please relax."

Ren's tone of voice is more businesslike than would be comfortable, however.

"You would know who Ashikaga Daisuke is, right?"

He adjusts the watch on his right hand before continuing:

"I'm here to help Shougo. Do I have your permission to stay and wait for him?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

"I...."

He did not know. As embarrassing as it was, Shougo had never bothered to learn his own phone number, never having had to call it before.

"I do not remember it, Ishida-san. But I have left my phone at home. Perhaps if you call that..."

He glanced over to Renbu, already sure she was making a judgement of him. After all, what kind of teenage boy didn't know his own phone number? With this thought in mind, he bit his lower lip and glanced away, feeling more like a relic of the past than he'd ever felt before. Trying to hide his shame, he ran over what Renbu had said, and realised what she had been implying when she said that they had wanted some 'fun' with her. A look of disgust filled his face. His father had told him of men like these-Scum who preyed on the weak and the helpless, who had not a single shred of honour. They didn't deserve to live. How easy it would be, to take their lives. Just a single blow in the right place, or a thrust with a knife, or-

No.

That was not his place. The law would deal with these people; harshly, as they deserved, he hoped. He had already done his part, saved that girl. He ran over what he Renbu had said again, and a thought came to his mind.

"Natsume-san, do you ever...Have trouble controlling your power?"

__________________________________________________ _______________

Mrs Nimoris' face hardened instantly when she heard Daisukes' name.

"Of course I do. That boy has caused us much grief. Still, he is being brought to justice soon, is he not? And if you are help to help Shougo-kun, you are very welcome to stay."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-07-22 at 09:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nodded to Shougo as he started tapping away at the touchscreen keypad. After scrolling though his contacts he found Shougo's cell number and proceeded to dial it.

Renbu shakes her head at Shougo's question. "Not anymore at least. After all while it is useless in battle at my level hormone control can be a killer in public. After all alter someone hormones to much an you can have them falling at your feet because they think that you are the greatest and most beautiful person ever. Tokiwadai explicitly told me that if I was to attend their school I would have to have my power under control 100 percent. After all they can't have me in a scandalous situation because my control over my power slipped. It would reflect badly on them."

She tilts her head as she says, "Don't worry, I'm not offended. Once I told you what my power was I actually expected you to ask me. Most people become guarded around me when they find out what my power is. Sometimes they start to wonder which of their thoughts are really their, or whether I'm making them think those thoughts."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah. It does sound like it could be quite troublesome at times, Nasume-san."

That would have explained his sudden urge to protect her. It hadn't felt natural; Not like...

Protect.

Standing in front of a girl-So different from this one! He...

Cherish.

That voice-Those eyes-

Love.

He did not remember them. His lack of memories of her left...An aching void in his head, and a hollow chasm in his heart. Someone...More important to him than life itself. He hadn't understood it then, those feelings, but something in him clicked-He knew he had loved, loved so strongly that this faux-affection that this girl could project utterly paled in comparison, a candle next to a raging fire. But who? Once the world was vivid and full of colour, and now-

Shougo found himself on his knees, clutching his head as he gasped for breath. Beads of sweat rolled formed on his brow, and tears were forming at the corner of his eyes. He had been like this for the past five minutes, in a nearly catatonic state. Hurriedly, he stood up, his pupils contracting and dilating rapidly as he struggled to regain his composure.

"My apologies...I...I do not know what came over me..."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

((OOC: Did Tobio's call go though?))
    Renbu was a little freaked out by how Shougo became near catanoic for five minutes but hid it well. "Are you feeling alright? You shouldn't overexert yourself if your tired." She was genuinely concerned. After all five minute catatonic states are just not normal.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu, naturally enough, followed her in, shutting the door as she did - there was no sense in broadcasting it to the neighbors, after all - and took up a position next to Ina.

"Honestly, I don't know what it has to do with. They told me what would be happening, not why. But... Not all of the Pure Streets are good people, from what I've seen, and Judgement seems to be taking it seriously too, even with all of his connections."

Kasai pauses for a moment, mulling over her next words carefully before she speaks. "What exactly have people been saying, though? I can't say if you should believe what you've heard if I don't know what that is."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Whoops. Forgot.))

Mrs Nimori and Ren were having tea, when the sound of a phone ringing broke their silence. It came from a phone in Shougos' schoolbag, which was sitting by a wall on the far end of their living room.

"Oh? I wonder who that could be..."

Putting her cup of tea down, Mrs Nimori then walked over Shougos' bag, retrieving his phone and answering it with a great deal more proficiency than Shougo ever had. Her eyebrow raised when she saw who was calling-Ishida Tobio.

"Hello? Ishida-kun? What's going on?"

Shougo waved her away, his face still pallid from the shock of his experience. He'd seen her, he thought. That girl from his dream; although her exact appearance kept slipping away from him. She was beautiful, he knew, but he ...No. Now was not the time to make people worry about him.

"I am alright. My apologies if it did not seem like it was. My only excuse is that I have recently left hospital."

Ina sighed.

"No, they aren't, yeah. Good people, that is, some of them. And a bunch of us have left, saying they want nothing more to do with us, after what happened a few nights ago, yeah. Jounouchi contacted us a few days ago, too, and told us that Daisuke-sama is not who we think he is, yeah. Daisuke-sama has changed, too, and Boil's really been on edge, too. Could it be true, then? Did Daisuke-sama really try to murder some kid?"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-07-22 at 08:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Rather than being disappointed by this turn of events, Kin looked positively enthusiastic. Her eyes lit up as they eagerly looked into Crocell's own, from a few inches away.

"We can come along and watch you fight crime? That's perfect! We both have an...interest...in that sort of thing. I'm sure that seeing a genuine law enforcer in action would be very informative."

It suddenly occurred to her that she was speaking on behalf of someone else again. She quickly spun around to face Krystal (while quite possibly tickling Crocell's nose with her hair, since she was so close), and looked to her for confirmation.

"...Or so I would imagine. What do you think?"
    Krystal eagerly nods, a large smile on her face. Yeah, that'd be awesome! Good thinking, Kin.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    The moment Kin looked away Crocell's face was covered with a massive blush. He would get used to her eventually, but seriously she was practically in his face that time. I few inches an she would have...would have... Swirls temproraily occupy Crocell's eyes before he manages to regain his senses.

"Um, I didn't think you guys would be interested in that sort of thing. However don't let me stop you if you want to come. Just be careful, sometimes these thugs in the street have weapons."
    Krystal looks up to Crocell after the swirls go away. Course I'm interested. I'm probably the only girl at Tokiwadai with a big old box of comics under her bed. Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, it doesn't matter. I read them all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Ina sighed.

"No, they aren't, yeah. Good people, that is, some of them. And a bunch of us have left, saying they want nothing more to do with us, after what happened a few nights ago, yeah. Jounouchi contacted us a few days ago, too, and told us that Daisuke-sama is not who we think he is, yeah. Daisuke-sama has changed, too, and Boil's really been on edge, too. Could it be true, then? Did Daisuke-sama really try to murder some kid?"

"Jounouchi's right,"
    Ryuu confirmed, nodding at her. "So yes, that is possible, with everything else. Whether he did or not, I don't know, but he certainly might have. And if he did, that would explain why Judgement is going after him now, since he doesn't have that much influence, so it seems to be what fits all of this the best. Unless someone is setting us both up for something, but that's a bit of a stretch, since I can't think of any reason to do so, since everything that this could do could be achieved in easier ways."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

Ina sat brooding for a minute, clearly miffed that she would not be able to go to that party. The thought of warning Daisuke quickly crossed her mind, before realising that if Daisuke really were innocent, there was nothing to fear. If he wasn't, however...

She shivered. All this time, she had thought he was a good guy-He had spoken kindly to her, seen to her needs, given her this apartment! For virtually nothing. But somehow, she felt as though she could trust Ryuu. After all, being in the company of a dashing, extremely powerful criminal did build bonds pretty well.

"Alright. I'll tell them I'm sick or something, yeah. How long do you suppose I should stay away? I mean, it could all be a mistake or something, yeah."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    As Moroe dives frantically for safety, the FENRIR production prototype slams into the ground where she had been scant seconds before, slamming into the ground with lethal force and cracking the concrete floor. It leers hungrily at her from the crater, tail whipping back and forth like a shark fin through dark waters with the shriek of tearing steel as the bony spines lash across the floor, and then it rears up and bellows at her, the sound utterly inhuman and appallingly loud, a long, whip-like tongue lolling out of the corner of its very dangerous looking maw.

As the roar echoes loudly throughout the cavernous, dark room, the thing suddenly leaps at Moroe, long claws like baseball bat-sized butcher knives outstretched to shred her into pieces the size of a postage stamp. Her hurried, desperate return fire spangs uselessly off of the armored bone plates that cover the creature's hide, and it's only her finely honed soldier's instincts that keep her from meeting a swift end in the creature's jaws as she slides underneath the thing. It misses her by mere centimeters, and as it lands claws send off a cascade of sparks as their grip sheds a series of ragged tears in the floor, whipping back around to face its prey with uncanny speed. It bounds off the floor once again, this time sliding to the side and spinning around to bring it's claws across in a gut-wrenching slash and to whip at her with a lethally sharp tail, the spines glinting dangerously in the bruise-colored light of the room. Again, Moroe is saved only by reflexes; the creature is preternaturally fast, and the deadly limb only scrapes her arm-but even a grazing blow is enough to send her flying, blood droplets from the scratch spraying through the air, black in the dim light.

The monster rumbles like a cross between a freight train and an oversized housecat, scenting the wound, and slows its assault, beady eyes locked on its prey as it slowly closes in. Somewhere inside it's head, it processed the sweet scent of blood and wondered how its first meal in a while would taste.
    "What is this thing?!"

That was a question to which Moroe would dearly have liked an answer. Whatever this fanged monstrosity was, it made Kojima's creations look like plasticine models. She clambered to her feet after being thrown across the room, panting heavily. Though she'd barely started 'fighting', she could already feel her muscles starting to ache. It was taking everything her body had just to stay alive from moment to moment. If it hadn't been for her unusually compartmentalised mind, she would barely have been able to think.

"At a rough estimate, I have less than 30 seconds to live. Time to brainstorm..."

Could she reach the exit? No. If her movements became that predictable, she'd be caught. Could she hide? Not a chance. Fake her death? Not against something clearly looking for a fresh meal. Even as she eliminated these options, her rifle spat out another useless volley. There was something morbidly fascinating about watching a living(?) creature shrug off sustained gunfire as if it was nothing. Seriously, how could something this manoeuvrable be so completely unstoppab-

Wait. Wait wait wait. Just in time, Moroe sensed the trap in her own thoughts. How did she know that she couldn't defeat this creature, when she'd barely even tried? Up until now, she'd been firing more or less at random, while desperately dodging its attacks. Now, though, she saw the futility of such tactics. She couldn't run, hide or surrender, so staying on the defensive served no purpose but to delay her death for another few seconds. She'd seen this before, in others who'd succumbed to fear. They stopped thinking about how to win, and just became obsessed with surviving. They threw away their chances in the pursuit of 'safety', never realising that they were nailing their own coffins shut. Well, Ishimaru Moroe wasn't going to make the same mistake.

With new-found focus, she gazed at the creature which was slowly advancing on her. With it going at this speed, she no longer needed to devote all her energy to defence. For whatever reason, it had given her time to act. She decided to use this time to level her rifle at its horrific maw, wait for that mouth to open, and fire straight into it. Now she would find out if this thing's armour was as tough on the inside; And if it was, well, she'd just try something else. If she died here, it would be while fighting for every last chance she could get.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

The meat on the floor wasn't trying to escape. The monster stalked closer, it's beady eyes locked on its prey. The tail flicks back and forth, slicing through the air, and the claws click hypnotically on the hard concrete floor. Its mouth primes with saliva, drooling hungrily as it closes on its prey.

The beast pauses not three meters from the prone girl as she sights down her gun, staring into the face of a monster bred for the sole purpose of destruction. It tenses, the entirety of the sedan-sized creature bunching up like a spring made of knives and muscles, and then surges forwards with horrific speed, a roiling mass of hunger and death. It opens its mouth to swallow up the morsel on the ground, and instead receives a bullet in the gullet. The creature's head snaps back and it overshoots its prey, tumbling across the ground in a crashing, shredding noise as dorsal spines gouge the floor and claws scrabble for purchase. The monster wobbles unsteadily to its feet, an expression of confusion on its face. It begins lurching forward, hacking and coughing thick, foul-smelling blood onto the concrete, and with an almighty heave, vomits forth a torrent of partially digested meat and stomach juices, the bullet glinting briefly in the dull, bruise-colored lighting before drowning beneath a slowly spreading slick of blood and digestive fluids.

The pain took the creature by surprise. It was, for the most part, an entirely new sensation, one that it decided it did not like. Shaking itself like an obscenely oversized dog, armored plates rattling against each other, it glares balefully at the girl on the floor. The beast lets loose a low, threatening growl, and backs away from her, eyes locked on its intended meal, circling her slowly. It wants to feed more than anything; although it doesn't want to feel the sharp, hot burning again, it's willing to put up with a little discomfort for a square meal. The creature tenses it's muscles for another pounce. This time, it decides, the thought weaving sluggishly through its predator's forebrain, it will kill before attempting to ingest.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Hajime had done something he never thought he would do - he froze.

He couldn't move. He couldn't protect his Master. He could only stare in horror as the thing inched closer and closer to her.

((Awww yeah filler))
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

In the darkness, a satisfied smile formed on the face of Ishimaru Moroe. There was nothing quite like the pleasure of watching an arrogant enemy writhe in agony on the ground, humbled and broken. Though this particular enemy wasn't broken yet, her attitude towards it was already shifting. She'd witnessed its desperate attempts to regain balance, heard its hacking coughs and smelt the blood which it vomited up; And most importantly, she'd sensed its fear. Fear marked the difference between predator and prey.

"There's only one way to win a game of cat and mouse: Don't be the mouse."

When the beast glared at Moroe, she glared back. When it growled, she stood unflinching. When it backed away, she advanced. Her attitude was that of a dangerous rival who had already hurt her enemy in ways it couldn't comprehend, and who stood ready to eviscerate it as soon as it offered an opening. It was very important that she reinforce this impression, because in reality she was a small bag of meat facing down an armoured behemoth. She needed said behemoth to carefully circle her, as it now did, so that she had time to ready a grenade. She needed the preparation for its next pounce to be visible and predictable, so that she could time the explosion to happen just as it leapt. And she needed the beast to fear that explosion, because she doubted that the grenade would be capable of doing real damage to it unless that horrendous mouth opened in shock. Combined with the rifle fire she'd be sending out at the same time, she hoped to inflict a lot of harm; 'Hoped' being the operative word.

"I'm not the mouse. I'm not the mouse..."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks surprised as he says, "Really? Well then my dears I would be happy to escort you during my patrol and demonstrate the ancient art of buttkicking. I shall endeavor to do my best to enteratain you."

He gives Kin one last hg be for detaching himself from her. A little more nervously he gives Krtystal a hug too before he salutes them. "See ya tomorrow." With that he heads off towards the Azabu dorms before his curfew.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Tobio speaks into his cellphone as he says, "Hello Mrs.Nimori. Uhm Shougo-san is going to be coming back a little late. We came across a girl being cornered by thugs. We had to stop them. Good thing we did, as it was a rape attempt. We have apprehended the suspects and have called in Anti-Skill to pick them up. We will have to stay for them to take statements. Anti-Skill will be showing up soon, and taking statement should take about 10-15 minutes.

So I called to tell you so that you wouldn't be worried about him. Don't be concerned."

Renbu looked at Shougo concerned as she said, Okay then. Just try not to push yourself too much Nimori-san"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

Mrs Nimoris' jaw clenched, and then relaxed when she heard Tobios' message. It would be just like her Shougo to run off and play hero; but it looked like this time, someone really was in need. He really was his fathers' son, even if they were not related in blood. Always thinking of others...

She sighed, half-proud, and half-exasperated.

"I see. Thank you for telling me, Ishida-kun."

She then turned to Ren.

"Sorry. He'll be a little late-They had to stop an assault. They'll probably be back in twenty minutes or so."

Shougo smiled weakly.

"Alright. I will take it easy, for now. How long more do you expect we will have to wait for Anti-Skill, Ishida-san? I do not want to keep my mother waiting for too long."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe, yes," Ryuu admitted, smiling somewhat at Ina. "And they said to warn you to stay away 'at least for a few days', so a week or two, to be on the safe side, would probably do it. Though we should definitely try to figure out ways for you to get out of here some during that time..."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell looks surprised as he says, "Really? Well then my dears I would be happy to escort you during my patrol and demonstrate the ancient art of buttkicking. I shall endeavor to do my best to enteratain you."

He gives Kin one last hg be for detaching himself from her. A little more nervously he gives Krtystal a hug too before he salutes them. "See ya tomorrow." With that he heads off towards the Azabu dorms before his curfew.[/COLOR]
    Kin peered curiously at Crocell as he hugged Krystal. She looked as if she was trying to figure out a problem that was just beyond her grasp. By the time he'd receded into the distance, though, she'd shaken off her momentary puzzlement. Aside from that, she was very satisfied with the way this afternoon had turned out.

"I think we've got a keeper here, my friend. He's fun, fit, active, skilled and extremely snugglable; Not to mention being a genuine fighter of evil. What do you think?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Crocell's hug was unexpected, but welcome. Krystal returns it with a smile.

She nods in agreement with Kin. Yep. Looks like we got team member number three.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin gave a solemn bow of the head and spoke in an equally solemn tone, neither of which suited her at all.

"Then we are in agreement. And now, alas, we must part. Where I go, you cannot follow. Farewell."

So saying, she attached herself to the dormitory's wall and started climbing it. Apparently she wasn't willing to risk the supervisor ambushing her in the hallways. With practised ease that spoke of her having done this many times before, she navigated to her room's window (which she kept unlatched) and slipped through it.

21. - Top - End - #261

Krystal watches Kin climb up for a moment before shaking her head a little and walking in the main entrance.

Fortunately, she didn't have to worry about being discovered shoe-less.

Once in her room, Krystal doesn't go to bed right away. She stays up for a little while, researching online. Looking into possible new ideas on how to use her power.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

After Tobio finished his call Anti skill showed up promptly. They asked the basic questions. Name, the victims account, and a few other such questions though Tobio received the bulk of them. After the basics one of the officers said, "Okay so what happened with this guy? I'm pretty sure that he wasn't one handed you you found him. What with the recently wrapped bandage."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo merely glanced at the officer and then at the man with a look of utter dispassion apparent on his face.

"He had a firearm, officer. I did what I had to to disable him, before he took the lives of two innocents."

Ina sighed again.

"Alright, Ryuu-chan. I trust you, so I'll .... I'll tell them I'm really sick, yeah. I wonder if I should tell the others...? But...Then it might get out to Daisuke-sama. I don't know what to do..."

She looked out of her window, the moon already high in the night sky.

"I mean, I don't really mind missing school, yeah. It's boring, haha, but what would be even more boring would be cooped up in here for a week. It's not as though I could pretend to be a Tokiwadai student with you, yeah, haha. Although that could be fun."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-07-26 at 05:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Maybe, yes," Ryuu admitted, smiling somewhat at Ina. "And they said to warn you to stay away 'at least for a few days', so a week or two, to be on the safe side, would probably do it. Though we should definitely try to figure out ways for you to get out of here some during that time..."
    *Pokes Lord-Cao-Cao*

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: My bad, C'nor. I meant to posted, but then the server was backing up.))

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Anti-Skill Officer nods jotting down Shougo's words on a notepad. He then starts gathering the thugs up alond with his partner. "Alright then this should be in order. Just be careful without your abilities you kids could have been in some deep trouble. Try to stay safe now."

With that the two officers take the cuffed thugs back to the station to put 'em away.

((OOC:If there is anything further that I should know about Anti-Skill procedures then please tell me and I will change it.))

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

With that said and done, Shougo glanced at Tobio and Natsume.

"Shall we be off, then? We could walk you home if you would like, Natsume-san. It should not take too long, and this district has proven to be surprisingly dangerous at this time of night."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Ina sighed again.

"Alright, Ryuu-chan. I trust you, so I'll .... I'll tell them I'm really sick, yeah. I wonder if I should tell the others...? But...Then it might get out to Daisuke-sama. I don't know what to do..."

She looked out of her window, the moon already high in the night sky.

"I mean, I don't really mind missing school, yeah. It's boring, haha, but what would be even more boring would be cooped up in here for a week. It's not as though I could pretend to be a Tokiwadai student with you, yeah, haha. Although that could be fun."

"In theory, I might know someone who could get you in..."

Well, that's unusual. A Tokiwadai student who not only is willing to help someone like Ina, but knows a person who could get her into the school, at least temporarily? Perhaps there's a bit more to Ryuu than one might think. Connections like that aren't common for anyone, let alone someone whose only connection with the criminal side of Academy City should have been when Shouji grabbed her.

"Other than the records and such, would there be any reason you couldn't? Though since tomorrow is Friday, we don't really need to worry about it either way for a bit, since it would probably work best to have you come in at the start of a week.

Speaking of which, would you prefer to stay with me over the weekend? I've got some spare room at my place, and it would at least be a change... Besides, I know some places that your friends probably don't, so we should actually be able to get out a bit, if we don't have to worry about them seeing you leaving."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

The hulking FENRIR prototype slowly closes in on its prey. Its claws grip the concrete as it readies itself for a strike at the girl priming a grenade. It surges forward, bounding across the gap with inhuman speed and spins, bringing its claws and barbed tail around for a lethal slash, scourging long rents in the floor as it whips towards its prey.

As the grenade leaves Moroe's grip and lofts towards the creature as she dives for safety, firing her rifle all the while, the monster's attack changes trajectories as it flicks its tail up to swat the grenade away, the explosive arcing off into the darkness before detonating high in the air, briefly illuminating the room in a harsh orange glow. The interior of the room is visible for a scant few seconds-heavy steel and titanium reinforcement bands line the walls, and short-circuited equipment, designed to hold the beast in safe containment, is bolted to the ceiling, out of harms way. A keypad and airlock are visible on the far wall of the vast room, the quartz window of the door glinting for split second before the darkness rushes back in to fill the void and red-hot shrapnel comes slashing down from the dim vaults of the warehouse ceiling.

The explosion rings loudly throughout the enclosed space, echoing in a deafening cacophony throughout the darkness, and the behemoth roars a defiant response, it's inhuman bellow merely adding to the chaotic noises bouncing off the steel walls. It redoubles its efforts, jaws snapping and claws slashing as it chases after the girl it seeks to slay, bony armor rattling like the specter of death come to claim another soul. Moroe, to her credit, manages to stay one step ahead of the monster, her adrenaline pumping and reflexes afire as her finely tuned soldier's instincts scream at her to find an exit or a way to put some distance between her and the gnashing cloud of teeth and spines; but she is human, and the bio-engineered monstrosity that seeks to consumer her is not. It's rapidly wearing down her endurance, and soon, she'll be too tired to evade the certain death that the creature offers at the end of its wickedly sharp weapons. Her mind races as she tries to evaluate her rapidly dwindling list of options.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah, that's crazy, I mean, how could I hope to-What?"

Ina was clearly surprised by the fact that Ryuu was not only willing be able to help her to sneak into Tokiwadai. The very thought of it all was crazy and dangerous; it also sounded like fun. And while Ina had sworn off the 'chasing danger for the thrill' thing, like a moth to a flame, she was drawn back to it. She simply did not feel alive if there was no danger. And so, after waiting for Ryuu to finish speaking, Ina accepted her offer. Excitedly.

"I suppose not, yeah. Are you really sure? I mean, I would love to! It sounds like...Well, it sounds like more fun than I've had in awhile. So when do we leave, yeah?"