New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Once lunch starts, Krystal heads outside. Without even planning it before hand, she knows Kin will be out here. And knowing Kin, she'd probably get here before Krystal does.

Yep. There she is, waiting for Krystal.

Hey Kin! Krystal calls as she comes over.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

"At last!"

Krystal barely had time to take two steps before Kin closed the distance between them. She enveloped the other girl in a heartfelt, snuggly hug, which seemed to re-energise her. In a matter of seconds, the accumulated fatigue of the morning had vanished from her features.

"Ah, that's the stuff. How did I ever manage to get through the day before I met you?"

3. - Top - End - #303

Krystal returns the hug with a grin. She was finally learning to expect Kin's hugs. They were routine by now.

Krystal shrugs. Got no idea on that one.

So, where should we go for lunch?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

"How about we *tug* er, try the *tug tug* hang on a second..."

Kin seemed to be having some difficulty extricating herself from the hug. Apparently her power had chosen this moment to activate, leaving her stuck to Krystal's vest. She became increasingly nervous as her wiggling started to draw attention from passers-by. When she did eventually manage to break free, her face had turned red; Not from embarrassment, but rather exertion. She looked as if she'd burned through a lot of energy very quickly.

"How about...How about somewhere close?"

She couldn't quite look Krystal in the eye as she said this. Though she knew that her friend would forgive things like this without a second thought, Kin couldn't bring herself to do the same.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-08-09 at 10:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell seeing his targets walks forward from the tree that he was leaning on. He saw their little predicament and silently shook his head as he approached. As Kin freed herself and spoke her suggestion to Krystal she would hear a familar voice say, "Is this a private party or could a fellow adrenaline junkie hang out with you guys as well?"

6. - Top - End - #306

Krystal tried to help with the unsticking. Odds are good she didn't actually help at all, but she did what she could.

Finally free, Krystal takes a moment to straighten out her vest. Never know when somebody from the school would show up and yell at her for not having her clothes on right.

Krystal smiles at Kin, knowing that her friend probably feels a little bad about that, even though it wasn't really her fault.

Okay. I heard on the radio during class today that there's a place nearby with all you can eat pastries today only.

Wait...radio? Since when do they have the radio on in class?

And then Crocell! She'll turn to their new friend, smile, and wave to him. Hey, Crocell! I was just telling Kin about a place near here that, according to their radio ad, has all you can eat pastries today.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-08-09 at 10:30 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

"G-greetings Shiota-san. Of course, you're most welcome to join us."

Kin greeted Crocell with a little less enthusiasm than usual. She then did not rush forward and embrace him. The absence of this action was extremely blatant. Thanks to current circumstances, it looked as if Crocell would not be burdened with endless, blush-inducing snuggles today. Whether this would be a relief or a disappointment was very much a matter of taste.

Deprived of a comfortable friend on which to lean, Kin fell into step beside the other two as they left the school courtyard. She tried her best not to bring down the gathering's mood. This was supposed to be a relaxing occasion, after all.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well at least he wouldn't be blushing like a tomato all day. However as he followed Kin and Krystal to the place with the all you can eat pastries he began to fell a little down. Was this...empathy? It felt like since Kin felt so bad he felt that way too. Man it was easier being a loner.

With a small sigh to himself Crocell resigns himself to his fate. He walks forward and wraps Kin in the biggest, warmest and snuggest hug he can. "Hey, whats with the whole 'Shiota-san' deal? If it'a about the little trouble you had with your powers earlier, yeah I saw, you don't have to be so ashamed of it. Did you know that even though I'm a level 4 I can lose my cool and my powers spontaneously activate? So you don't have perfect control of your esper power yet. You're still learning. Plus Krystal looks like she doesn't blame you. So don't worry...... Am...I doing this right? I've only seen this done on television before."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-08-09 at 11:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309

Krystal gives Crocell a reassuring smile, then turns to Kin and goes to ruffle the top of her hair slightly.

Come on now, Kin. I've never seen you like this. Outside of class, that is. I mean, we got lunch to look forward to! So don't be feeling down. Especially not for that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin actually tensed as Crocell embraced her, panicked by the thought of getting stuck again. But after a second or two, she realised that since it was too late to stop the contact, she might as well enjoy it. She allowed herself to simply relax in the warmth of his arms.

"Y-you're doing fine, Shiota-san."

The Krystal ruffled her hair. It felt good. This was a good moment in time. Even though, for all she knew, she and Crocell might now be stuck together, it felt like this moment was worth the risk. When she answered Krystal's appeal, she made one last, half-hearted attempt to explain her worries.

"...I'll try. It's just that, well, I think you both underestimate the problem. My grip is really...You know what? Never mind. It doesn't matter."

Then she snuggled a bit deeper.

11. - Top - End - #311

Krystal is tempted to ask further about it. She was curious as to what Kin was so worried about. And if something worried one of her friends, she should be concerned, right?

But, she doesn't. It seems to be something that Kin must take the first step on. But, she'd be there for her friend when needed. She'll smile, give one more ruffle, then continue walking.

You know...now I got some song that was on earlier stuck in my head. That always happens when I start daydreaming...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

[Friday Morning]

Katsu almost manages to stop before colliding with Shougo, resulting an altogether much less painful collision for the cheerful speester. Turning in mid-air to land relatively right-size up, Katsu seems no less happy from the collision.

"Sorry, didn't see ya. Are you adventuring before school too? Or maybe this is a shortcut to your school, is it?"

Speaking as quickly as usual, the Azabu speedster stops and bows. Remembering to be polite, even when meeting people on rooftops.

"My apologies, I am Yamamoto Katsu. Pleasure to meetcha!"

(I do not think Shougo and Katsu have met before, but please do inform me if they have. I will change the post accordingly. ^_^')

[Friday Lunch - Onizuka]

Unbeknownst to Tobio, someone is following the current victim of ill-spirited rumours towards the roof. Someone almost ghost-like.

"Uhm, hi?"

Yua uncharacteristically raises Awareness Control for Tobio to be able to notice the otherwise-unnoticeable Esper. Unused to doing so, Yua does not realise that this makes it appear as if Yua suddenly materialised a few steps behind Tobio.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-08-11 at 04:16 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    ((OOC: Whoops, sorry, I've been quite busy the past few days. Shall I assume that Ina gave Kasai her size and went over to her place?))

Ina yawned as she sat up in bed, reaching for her alarm clock before remembering that she was no longer at home, but at Ryuu-No, Kasais' place. Her heart raced with excitement as she caught sight of the Tokiwadai uniform that was no doubt sitting on the desk in front of her, her mind already imagining herself in it. And amidst all the finery that was Ryuus' apartment, too!

Oh, how terribly exciting it all was! She would no doubt be punished severely if she were found out. But that was all part of the fun, wasn't it?

Inas' memory wandered back to the night before, where she had gaped in awe at the huge number of truly exquisite paintings that hung on every wall. Such talent! Ina was jealous. Unlike her, Ryuu appeared able to create real art with a touch.

Ah, but enough reminiscing. It was time to get up!

Energetically leaping out of bed, she headed to the bathroom to wash up before preparing breakfast for her most gracious host (and her new bestest friend ever-Even better than Hanako, Ina decided). That is, of course, if Ryuu was not already awake.
    The wall with the door in it, and the door itself, have been painted to make it seem as though the occupant is looking out from a narrow slit in a cliff at a fairy revel, the other walls as the sides and back of the gap, while the floor appears as back sand and gravel, and the ceiling is, save for the parts that would be blocked by the walls of the space, which are painted as such, the night sky, as Ina would have found out last night, when Ryuu showed her the small panel - disguised as a bump in the cliff face - that allows one to bring the normal contents of a bathroom out of the floor and walls, and how to use it.

The tub itself is recessed into the floor, and has been painted to seem as though it's a small pool, with the faucet a small rivulet of water running out of a crack in the cliff; the showerhead, should it be removed from the small niche it rests in, flips a set of panels in the wall, so that the area it was in appears to be a waterfall, also feeding the pool.

In any case, Kasai is indeed up already, and will be in the kitchen preparing breakfast for both of them when Ina finishes getting cleaned up.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Nope, they have not.))

"Gah..."

Dusting himself off as he stood to his feet, Shougo shot a brief glare at Katsu before shaking his head and returning the greeting, noting with a measure of respect Katsus' Azabu uniform. Unlike Katsu, the collision-Although accidental-Appeared to have soured his mood a little, and he looked to be in a bit of a hurry.

"Good morning to you, Yamamoto-san. I am Nimori Shougo, and it is an honor to make your acquaintance. My apologies, this is indeed a shortcut to school, and as I am late, I must take my leave. Farewell."

He was very different from Katsu. Where Katsu was quick, open, informal and warm, Shougo was deliberate, formal, quiet and reserved. Regardless, with a curt nod of his head, Shougo then proceeded to leap off the building they were on to reach another rooftop.

He was fast. But he still had quite a way to go to match Katsu, and unlike Katsu, Shougo did not appear to have a heightened state of temporal awareness, judging by the way he occasionally lost his footing on difficult terrain. He might have also brought to mind the movements of a certain orange-clad teenage ninja present in a certain manga, if Katsu were one to be knowledgeable of such things.

What an interesting fellow. The long red scarf hanging from his neck only added to his strangeness.

He was also running in the same direction as Katsu would have gone, if he were headed for school.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ina pouted when she saw Ryuu in the kitchen.

"Awww, Ryuu-chan! I was supposed to be the one to make you breakfast, yeah...As thanks."

She shuffled uncomfortably in her shoes, looking once more at the utterly picturesque environment of Kasais' home in barely suppressed marvel. Kasai was truly capable of stunning works of art, seemingly without any effort, and Ina envied that. Try as she might, Ina could only produce horribly clashing arrangements of art. And not only was Kasai apparently capable of that, she was also a member of the prestigious Tokiwadai.

Ina was glad to have her as a friend.

"Speaking of which...Thanks. How are we going to do this, by the way? About me entering Tokiwadai, that is, yeah."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-08-11 at 11:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

The kitchen, as it's entirely impractical to make all of the furnishings and appliances hidden when not in use, deviates somewhat from the normal mythological theme, instead being painted as a kitchen in a space station, complete with 'windows' on the walls, the stars and three moons which can be seen through them set up to provide all of the light necessary to work in it, though there are more normal lights should they be desired.

It's also filled with the scents of apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking pastry, and bacon at the moment, which probably has something to do with the large pan of some sort of thick syrupy substance in a pan on the back of the stove, and, of course, the package of bacon that she's making.

"You're a guest, Ina*. If you actually want to cook, then you can, but otherwise, it's my job to feed you while you're staying here.

As for how we're getting you in, I know someone who's an expert with computers. She's going to hack into their system and create a fake entry for you, including records going back to when you'd have started school. Unless you'd prefer to have just transferred in, that is, so that you don't have to pretend to be familiar with the intricacies of life there. But either way, it should last for as long as you need to stay a student there."

*If it would make more sense for Ryuu to have said something in addition to/instead of her name, assume that was said, please...

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio was lost in his thoughts, as such Yua's sudden appearance took him by surprise. Although He would have been surprised even if she hadn't had her esper power. Turning swiftly to look at her Tobio blinks a few times. She was of slight frame a lot like Mei. He wondered what could cause her to approach him though? "Hello. A-Ano aren't you that girl t-that helped me with K-Kiyoshi the other day? T-Thank you again for your help. I-Is there anything I c-can do for y-you?"
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Crocell smiles lightly at Krystal as he says, "Well, thats a minor inconvience to be able to have 24-7 radio. Unless you only get the crappy stations. It would certainly make school a little more bearable if I could just turn on some pop in my head when things got boring, and let me tell you at Azabu things get boring!"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

When Crocell turned his head back to Kin, he'd have the opportunity for some deja vu. Once again she was looking him directly in the eye, from so close a distance that the word 'distance' barely even applied. This time she wore an expression of extreme empathy.

"Likewise for Tokiwadai! Don't you find it so frustrating? We spend so much of our time locked up in those monolithic tombs, while outside the world passes us by. It's a grave injustice."

It looked as if Kin had mostly shaken off the depression that had threatened to spoil their outing. She now seemed eager to converse about the subject of freedom, with no thought to her former angst. Unfortunately, she still hadn't realised the effect that her current position might have on Crocell's conversational coherence. After all, he'd been the one to initiate this hug, so he obviously had no problem with it...

18. - Top - End - #318

Krystal smiles at Crocell's response. Well, at least when I'm using it on purpose, I can pick up any station in range. But, when I start drifting off like that, it's a crap shoot. Sometimes I get a station, sometimes I just get static.

She shrugs to Kin. Like I've said before, I don't think it's that bad. I like learning stuff. Not saying it's great, but I don't mind.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio was lost in his thoughts, as such Yua's sudden appearance took him by surprise. Although He would have been surprised even if she hadn't had her esper power. Turning swiftly to look at her Tobio blinks a few times. She was of slight frame a lot like Mei. He wondered what could cause her to approach him though? "Hello. A-Ano aren't you that girl t-that helped me with K-Kiyoshi the other day? T-Thank you again for your help. I-Is there anything I c-can do for y-you?"
    Yua seems equally surprised, not being used to others being the ones to be scared or nervous. Pausing for a moment, Yua replies in a slightly confused voice.

"Uhm, yes I was. I was just wondering if-if you were okay. People are spreading rumours and... it's horrible to be the target of rumours"

Yua looks awkwardly aside while speaking, not used to asking people direct questions. It is not embarrassing, but it is difficult not to panic and turn Awareness Control far down.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moroe's long trek through the labyrinthine building was, presumably, at an end. After nearly an hour of walking, hiding from the odd scientist or soldier, and double-checking navigational signs, she stood but a few meters from a large double door with a sign reading HOSPITAL WING glowing softly overhead. She could not, however, simply walk in: two very large men with very large weapons were posted outside the doors.

She risked another quick glance around the corner at them. They seemed fairly alert; no chance of creating a diversion and sneaking in, then. But she couldn't risk a firefight; such a thing would alert whoever else was here and there was no way she'd be able to fight them all off AND be able to make a viable retreat with Shiki... if she was even in there, of course. She knuckled her forehead in frustration. There had to be a way.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe couldn't believe how long it took to get around this building. Even considering her unfamiliarity with the layout and need to evade detection, the place still seemed unnecessarily vast. Its size made the lack of occupants even more baffling. In Moroe's opinion, even a wandering child would have had a decent chance of avoiding the sparse security patrols.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. The two large men who guarded the hospital wing signalled an unwelcome return to business as usual. Ah well, at least it made her more confident about being on the right track. Even the supposedly high security containment unit hadn't been guarded, after all.

After lengthy consideration, Moroe couldn't find any safe way of getting through the front door. She decided to trace her way around the wing's border, to see if she could tell how large it was. While she doubted that there was an unguarded entrance, there might be some way of finding what was on the other side of these walls. If she could find a section which she knew to be empty, then her acid packs would be able to create a back door into it.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Friday Morning]

"Okie, have'a fun trip, forest-san!"

Katsu replies in a casual tone, contrasting the expeditious pace of the conversation. Watching the red-scarfed Esper move away and wondering if there might be others who also had similar powers. The thought seemingly interests Katsu, who almost forgets that school is soon to begin. Hurrying along to make up for the pause.

Catching up in short time, Katsu waves at the other Esper, clearly enjoying what appears to be a casual stroll. The casual walk and lack of haste are offset by the speed at which they are done, however, making Katsu look as if someone were forwarding a recording.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looked at Yua with his head tilted in confusion. She, wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon? Huh it looked like not everyone treated him like a social outcast. With an amiable smile he says, "Ah, thank you. I-It's nice to know that s-some people aren't t-talking about it. P-Plus your concern h-has brightened my day at l-least a l-little. I-I'm Ishida Tobio. Whats you name m-miss"
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Crocell's face lights up into its usual atomic blush from Kin's ultra close proximity. 'I brought this upon myself!', are the thoughts that run through his head as he struggles to bring about an answer that won't come with a stutter. He could have just left well enough alone but then Kin would be feeling horrible. 'The sacrifices that must be made for the greater good I guess.'

"Well, At least at Tokiwadai you guys have decent lunches that don't taste like prison gruel. On the other hand we don't have to where our uniforms at all times." Crocell swallowed a lump in his throat as he turns towards Krystal inwardly glad he had a chance to look away from Kin's eyes, bare inches from his own.

"Huh, I guess listening to static if you mind wanders for even a minute could get pretty annoying. Hey! Actually if you wanted to could you like broadcast whatever your listening too from yourself? Would be a cool trick at parties."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougos' brow twitched as he watched the hyperactive young man effortlessly catch up to him: at a walking pace, no less! There was just something about him that annoyed Shougo...That stupid look on his face...The utterly improper way in which he carried himself...Did he not care about propriety? Manners? Did he not care that he said that he had to go, not be followed?

His brow twitched again when he heard himself referred to as 'Forest-San'. Did he intend to insult to his fathers' name? Shougo was already regretting giving this obviously irresponsible youth his name, and he didn't want to be around him any longer than he absolutely had to. Gritting his teeth, Shougo reduced his mass and increased his velocity proportionately, pushing his psychic power to its limits as he dashed forward as quickly as he could.

This would probably have forced Katsu into a jog if he wanted to keep up, although it left Shougo dangerously light-headed.

So light-headed, in fact, that Shougo missed a jump in between a pair of buildings and came tumbling down in between an alleyway, whacking his head on a metal ladder on the way down. This earned him a hefty bruise on the side of his temple, even though he reflexively used his power to reduce the impact of the blow by reducing his own mass, allowing the impulse of the reaction to take place over a longer time. Still, the impact left him stunned at the bottom of the alleyway, unable to use his powers and with a growing headache forming in his head.

"I suppose this must be dreadfully amusing to you...Mountain-san..."

__________________________________________________ _______________

"Wow! You know someone who can do all that? That's crazy, yeah!"

Well, to be honest, Ina wasn't overly surprised by that anymore. Kasai was obviously very well-connected in addition to being rich and talented.

"To be honest, though, heh, maybe being transferred might be a better idea, yeah...I mean, it's not like I know exactly how to be a high class lady...I might need some help with that."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Friday Lunch - Onizuka stairs-to-roof]

Yua smiles faintly in return, though it is almost unnoticeable. It looks very genuine despite the slight nature, however, and Yua's voice is ever so faintly more upbeat than the monotone Kiyoshi had heard.

"It's nothing to-to be thankful of, but thank you."

Politely bowing a bit before continuing, Yua's hand reflexively rises to tug away a rebellious blue hair loosened from the otherwise neat bob-cut.

"Pleasant to meet you, Ishida Tobio. I am Nakamura Yua."

__________________________________________________ __

[Friday Morning - Alley]

Katsu does break into a jog, and even into a full sprint. Seeing the other late student suddenly fall causes Katsu to speed to Shougo's side, sadly being just too slow. With no sonic boom, Katsu clearly held back in speed, but not much. With a strong gust of wind, the curious and worried face of the cloudcuckoolander appears a metre or two from Shougo.

"Not at all, ar'you alright? Can y'remember your name? Yours eyesblurry?"

Katsu says, seemingly quite worried about the Esper's bruise. Looking closely at Shougo's pupil and going to barely subsonic reaction-speed for half-a-second. Returning to normal speed, Katsu looks absently around to recall the shortest way to help while waiting for the injured peer's response.

"Think Azabu's closest, but infirmary's a few minutes away."

Katsu says, forgetting to explain the line of thought.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #326

Krystal smiles a little as she shakes her head.

As amusing as that would be, it doesn't quite work like that. My powers are that I can detect, translate, and produce electromagnetic radiation. So, I can act like an antenna for radio waves, and process them my head, but I can't act as a speaker. I could broadcast my own stuff on the radio, though.

Right now, I can work with the radiation up to microwaves. And, if I can practice it more, I could very soon not need a cell phone. They transmit on levels between standard radio and standard microwaves. Little difficult to work with at the moment, but I'm practicing

Krystal seems to be very proud as she talks about her powers.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell's face lights up into its usual atomic blush from Kin's ultra close proximity. 'I brought this upon myself!', are the thoughts that run through his head as he struggles to bring about an answer that won't come with a stutter. He could have just left well enough alone but then Kin would be feeling horrible. 'The sacrifices that must be made for the greater good I guess.'

"Well, At least at Tokiwadai you guys have decent lunches that don't taste like prison gruel. On the other hand we don't have to where our uniforms at all times."
    "A gilded cage is still a cage. We can compare privileges and restrictions all day, but in the end we're both in the same situation."

Kin showed no inclination to release Crocell from his self-made purgatory. Although, as far as purgatories went, this was far from the worst. It was more like a test of character for the blushing boy: By enduring this and other Kin-related situations, he would learn to overcome his treacherous teenage hormones, and thus be one step closer to true maturity...

...Well, maybe. It was also possible that the problem would just continue to get worse. And worse. And worse...

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal smiles a little as she shakes her head.

As amusing as that would be, it doesn't quite work like that. My powers are that I can detect, translate, and produce electromagnetic radiation. So, I can act like an antenna for radio waves, and process them my head, but I can't act as a speaker. I could broadcast my own stuff on the radio, though.

Right now, I can work with the radiation up to microwaves. And, if I can practice it more, I could very soon not need a cell phone. They transmit on levels between standard radio and standard microwaves. Little difficult to work with at the moment, but I'm practicing

Krystal seems to be very proud as she talks about her powers.
    Kin's attention was quickly diverted once Krystal started to talk in earnest. Even her fixation on soul prisons couldn't compete with the chance to hear that wonderful pride in her friend's voice. Like a moth sighting a brighter flame, she finally released Crocell from his snuggly torment and wandered over to Krystal.

"If you think that's great, imagine what it'll be like when you're Level 5. The combined electromagnetic output of this entire city will be your playground! No matter where your body might be, your mind will have an endless ocean of information waves on which to surf!"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

"Nrrgg...."

Shougo struggled to stand to his feet and failed miserably, still concussed from his fall. Nevertheless, after a painful ten seconds or so, he managed to prop himself up against a wall.

"No. Not proper. I am Onizuka. Can still move. Have to get to school."

He was strangely insistent, although that may have been because he was still somewhat-stunned, and he was clearly unable to move on his own strength. Attempting to shake off the blunt trauma, Shougo shook his head, something apparently coming loose, a welter of barely-remembered memories returning. He had been beaten before, in an alleyway like this. He did not remember when, nor why...But the sensations made him extremely reluctant to stay in such a place for much longer, even if he had to ask for help. Even from someone who was the very image of vapidity in his eyes.

Stretching out a hand, Shougo croaked a response.

"Help me up, please. Got to move."

He would repay this debt, even if he hated every second of it.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-08-14 at 08:48 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Katsu shakes his head at Shougo's staggered attempt at continuing to school, showing a surprisingly serious side for someone so easily distracted.

"If you wanna, but you'll hafta get help first."

Reaching out a hand to slowly, or at least as slowly as possible for someone currently thinking a few times faster than normal humans, help Shougo up, Katsu brightens in realisation.

"Onizuka's a school nurse, right? Maybe you can do both!"

Making sure Shougo can stand, Katsu offers an arm to support the concussed Esper to Onizuka. Smiling, Katsu shows no reaction to Shougo's contempt, despite being more than fast enough to read the other speedster's expressions.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo took his hand, knees shaking.

"My thanks. What I meant to say was, I am from Onizuka Middle School. If we could head there...I would be in your debt."

Shougo dearly hoped that he would be able to stand on his own two feet shortly, although he was already reconsidering his views on Katsu; at least he appeared to have a serious side, even if his mannerisms were entirely improper. Perhaps he simply did not know: perhaps he was simply never taught. Which was odd, given that he apparently went to Azabu, and from what Shougo knew of them, they were a school of educated, erudite and cultured individuals of the sort that Shougo figured he would never be able to aspire to. But apparently, he was wrong, and they were just as human as he was.

Limping along the road towards his high school while bemoaning the fact that he was going to be unforgivably late, Shougo and Katsu eventually ended up on a narrow stretch of road, passing a trio of shifty-looking and rather ragged teenagers. Something about them tugged at the back of Shougos' head, however-he had seen them before-he just knew it, and he turned briefly to tap one on the shoulder.

The boy turned around and Shougo instantly recognised him.

Kazamidori Hei, pyrokineticist and one of a handful who had participated in his attempted murder. Shougos' jaw clenched as the painful memories of the beating flooded his mind.

"You! You tried to kill me!"

Heis' face drained of colour even as he and his goons backpedalled into positions, gouts of flame erupting into his hands.

"Oh, kami, it's true, yer still alive! And ya saw us! Gonna have ta put you-"

He never got a chance of finish his sentence before Shougos' fist slammed into his jaw, all weariness in his eyes replaced by an ice-cold fire. The impact was audible-It was a break, and Hei tumbled to the pavement roughly, bouncing and sliding along the ground from a blow that was altogether too powerful to have been simply delivered from someone of Shougos' size and from such a position.

On the move, Shougo did not hesitate. He was fast.

And without a moments' delay, he was on the other two, attacking them with an unusual martial art augmented by his psychic power. Despite the fact that his opponents appeared to be Espers of no small power, it appeared to be highly effective as he left them virtually no room to breathe, hammering down on them in a variety of unexpected angles. He may not have been as fast as Katsu, but the way in which he moved was nothing to be laughed at; every clean blow he landed was decisive, and Shougo threw a lot of them in a very short amount of time.

If Katsu had not interfered, Shougo would have shortly left his attackers in a mess of mangled limbs and broken bones, breathing heavily from both the effort and rage. If Katsu had, one or both of the two would have whimpered and fled, bemoaning the loss of their 'boss' or something.