New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Tobio smiled serenely at Yua before he says, "That's a nice name. I-I'm actually waiting for a friend hear. I-If you want I-I can introduce you. A-After all y-you did help me before, so this is t-the least I could d-do."

With that Tobio takes his seat on the rooftop and opens the homemade bento he brought. Inside was what could be called a five course meal of various japenese cuisines. Tobio licked his lips hungrily before he started rapidly eating his food while managing to maintain a decent amount of decorum.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Crocell nods in agreement with Kin as he says, "Yeah, I would definitely like to see you in action as a level five. Ah! It looks like we're here."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal smiles at the praise for her powers.

Well, I think...and this is a guess...if I get to level 3, I should be able to mess with infrared, regular, and ultraviolet light. Which, one benefit would mean no more sunburns. No more tanning, but no more burns, either.

She looks to the place Crocell points out, reads the name on the building, and nods. Yep. This is it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin skeptically regarded the building, looking distinctly unimpressed with it. She then walked inside and inspected the decor, which also failed to pass muster. She did, however, at least have enough tact to voice her discontent quietly, so that the staff didn't overhear it.

"I rather doubt that the pastries of this establishment will be up to par with those of the Pātisserie Joyeux. Still, I suppose we should at least give them a fair hearing."

For once, Kin's aristocratic heritage was plain as day. She was clearly accustomed to nothing less than the best when it came to food. After spending quite a while perusing the pastry selection, she reluctantly ordered the few items which (in her opinion) had at least a chance of being edible. If anyone were to judge the situation just by observing her attitude, they could hardly be blamed for thinking that she was in some sort of greasy back-alley diner, instead of a respectable establishment in the School Garden.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-08-14 at 09:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moroe finds her irritation mounting as she prowls the halls of the gargantuan complex, searching for another entrance to the hospital wing. She spies two more entrances, both guarded in a manner identical to the first door, but there doesn't seem to be any other doors or rooms with adjoining walls that she could knock down to gain entrance. She's considering trying to find her way back outside to see if she could find a way in via an air vent, something she hopes she doesn't have to do due to time constraints, when a klaxon starts screaming and she freezes, adrenaline knifing through her system as she assumes that her breach had been spotted. A loudspeak starts blaring:

"ALL AVAILABLE NON-CRITICAL SECURITY PERSONNEL TO THERMAL CONTAINMENT UNIT. SURTR UNIT IS LOOSE AND MUST BE RESTRAINED FOR TRANSPORT. REPEAT, ALL AVAILABLE NON-CRITICAL SECURITY PERSONNEL TO THERMAL CONTAINMENT UNIT."

As Moroe's muscles relax and she listens to the message repeat, she feels relief wash over her-it seems to be an unrelated incident. As she readies herself for a trek back through the massive complex, she hears the sound of heavy boots stomping down the corridor-the guards on the medical wing have left their posts and are rushing to the site of whatever disaster the intercom is complaining about. She dares a quick glance around the corner and spies the backs of two of the guards as they clomp off down one of the many hallways in the building, and sees that the doors are tantalizingly unguarded.

After double-checking to make certain that the goons are really gone, she ducks through and is met with, to her complete lack of surprise, more hallways. These, however, are quite different-they have a dark red stripe running down the center of the floor and have dozens of doors that no doubt lead to medical wards lining the walls. Fortunately, near the large double doors that mark the entrance to the ward, there's an occupancy chart mapped out on a whiteboard, half covered in doctor's notes. Notes that clearly tell Moroe that a young female patient is being detained in one of the nearby wards, pending further tests.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335

[Shiki]

Lies lies lies lies lies lies lies

The girl giggles softly to herself, her eyes staring forever into the endless abyss of darkness before her.

betrayed lies betrayed lies false lies betrayed

Didn't really deserve any help, did she? Should have known. Should have known that he was a vile terrible betrayer filthy demon slaughter die die die

Hee hee.

She looks into the darkness, and her voice echoes off of nothing. "Helloooooo Darkness-san~"

Hoo hoo.

Straps straps straps. Move move move. No. Wait. Don't move. Break straps bad. Never break. Never reveal. Calm.

Ha ha.

[Hajime]

"Master, perhaps we should split up." He says, his voice low despite the loud boom of the speakers. If he was normal, there would have been a faint note of hesitance in his voice. "I could provide a distraction whilst you remove Shiki-san from the premises."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-08-15 at 12:50 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

The word was going around: Ashikaga Daisuke had escaped arrest, and was currently on the run from the law. By now, both Tobio and Yua would have no doubt received news of this, and although it was liable to be highly garbled, Tobio would easily have been able to piece together what the intent of the message was. After all, he had been there when Judgement had promised Daisukes' arrest just the night before.

Whilst Onizuka Middle School was not particularly close to Daisuke and consequently was spared the worst of the furor, there was still much commotion. Someone of Daisukes' rank and family being branded a criminal? Many refused to believe it, chalking it up to a ploy by one of their rivals, the board of directors, or even foreign governments. Still, Ashikaga Yoshiharu had refused to comment on things either way, and Daisukes' own brother, Kensuke, had apparently declared that the charges presented against him were true; charges that appeared to be both varied nigh-insurmountable, given the large amount of evidence they had seized in his penthouse as well as the arrests and testimonies of a large number of the 'Pure Streets'. Judgement was, as a result of this, cracking down on inspecting the behaviour of its' members more closely.

Elsewhere, things might have been more difficult. A good deal of Azabu, for example, would nearly be up in arms-This was Daisukes' school, and he had a large following there even if were not directly part of the Pure Streets. Tokiwadai would also have been affected, although to a lesser degree. None of this would have reached the ears of Shougo or Katsu yet, late and still making their way to school.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Shougo took his hand, knees shaking.

"My thanks. What I meant to say was, I am from Onizuka Middle School. If we could head there...I would be in your debt."

Shougo dearly hoped that he would be able to stand on his own two feet shortly, although he was already reconsidering his views on Katsu; at least he appeared to have a serious side, even if his mannerisms were entirely improper. Perhaps he simply did not know: perhaps he was simply never taught. Which was odd, given that he apparently went to Azabu, and from what Shougo knew of them, they were a school of educated, erudite and cultured individuals of the sort that Shougo figured he would never be able to aspire to. But apparently, he was wrong, and they were just as human as he was.

Limping along the road towards his high school while bemoaning the fact that he was going to be unforgivably late, Shougo and Katsu eventually ended up on a narrow stretch of road, passing a trio of shifty-looking and rather ragged teenagers. Something about them tugged at the back of Shougos' head, however-he had seen them before-he just knew it, and he turned briefly to tap one on the shoulder.

The boy turned around and Shougo instantly recognised him.

Kazamidori Hei, pyrokineticist and one of a handful who had participated in his attempted murder. Shougos' jaw clenched as the painful memories of the beating flooded his mind.

"You! You tried to kill me!"

Heis' face drained of colour even as he and his goons backpedalled into positions, gouts of flame erupting into his hands.

"Oh, kami, it's true, yer still alive! And ya saw us! Gonna have ta put you-"

He never got a chance of finish his sentence before Shougos' fist slammed into his jaw, all weariness in his eyes replaced by an ice-cold fire. The impact was audible-It was a break, and Hei tumbled to the pavement roughly, bouncing and sliding along the ground from a blow that was altogether too powerful to have been simply delivered from someone of Shougos' size and from such a position.

On the move, Shougo did not hesitate. He was fast.

And without a moments' delay, he was on the other two, attacking them with an unusual martial art augmented by his psychic power. Despite the fact that his opponents appeared to be Espers of no small power, it appeared to be highly effective as he left them virtually no room to breathe, hammering down on them in a variety of unexpected angles. He may not have been as fast as Katsu, but the way in which he moved was nothing to be laughed at; every clean blow he landed was decisive, and Shougo threw a lot of them in a very short amount of time.

If Katsu had not interfered, Shougo would have shortly left his attackers in a mess of mangled limbs and broken bones, breathing heavily from both the effort and rage. If Katsu had, one or both of the two would have whimpered and fled, bemoaning the loss of their 'boss' or something.
    Katsu does indeed interfere, speeding up to speeds faster than the human eye has any chance of following. Moving in between the fighters, Katsu tries to stop Shougo's puches and grab the other Esper's arms, only slowing down afterwards. Still speaking quickly, Katsu tries to calm the other Esper, though Katsu is clearly not trained in fighting or diplomacy of any kind.

"Calmdown, you're going to hurt yourself. That's not good idea if they tried to harm you. Get to help-You're getting even more late!"

Face brightening at a realisation, Katsu interjects the last sentence a bit louder than the others. Seemingly believing it will snap Shougo out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio smiled serenely at Yua before he says, "That's a nice name. I-I'm actually waiting for a friend hear. I-If you want I-I can introduce you. A-After all y-you did help me before, so this is t-the least I could d-do."

With that Tobio takes his seat on the rooftop and opens the homemade bento he brought. Inside was what could be called a five course meal of various japenese cuisines. Tobio licked his lips hungrily before he started rapidly eating his food while managing to maintain a decent amount of decorum.
    "Oh, I-Okay. I think."

Looking a slight bit perplexed, Yua follows along, looking around nervously. Seeing nobody, Yua sits down too, albeit still occasionally looking around as if paranoid about something.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo glared at Katsu as he tugged his arm forward, causing Katsu to lurch towards the ground with incredible force. His opponent, seeing a chance to flee, did so, clutching a bloody and what was probably a broken nose.

"Why did you do that!? Those men were criminals! They tried to murder me, and were probably responsible for murdering my father, too. They deserve nothing less than deat-"

Shougo stopped, trying to come to grips with what he had just said and what he had just tried to do. No. That wasn't like him; although he had wished death on them time and time again, he knew that murder was wrong. The law was there for a reason, after all, and Shougo did not wish to dishonor his fathers' name by being arrested for such a reason.

Turning away, Shougo coughed and pressed two fingers to his temple. Was it true, then? Did power corrupt? Glancing back to Katsu, Shougo grimaced. The boy was fast. Even his eyes, trained to sense and intercept lightning-quick blows, lost track of him for a second. Perhaps it did, and perhaps not all in the same way. Whatever he felt, though, he was right, and Shougo did not feel like lingering in this place for much longer. Anti-Skill would deal with this...

Shaking off his headache, Shougo staggered towards school, his mood continuing to darken. He was late, and today had not been a good day.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Flipping in mid-air and landing harmlessly, if surprised, Katsu sighs and slows down to a relatively normal pace to follow along while answering. A serious hint is still in Katsu's tone, but it is quickly fading.

"Because fighting with a concussion is dangerous and you sound woozy. You can't Senzu Bean up and defeat the bad guys so soon."

Katsu shakes his head in disapproval, but smiles at Shougo. Tone encouraging and conspirational, Katsu continues.

"But that doesn't mean you never can. Just be careful when you make big decisions."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Master, perhaps we should split up." He says, his voice low despite the loud boom of the speakers. If he was normal, there would have been a faint note of hesitance in his voice. "I could provide a distraction whilst you remove Shiki-san from the premises."
    "No. We stay together. I'm done sending you off as a distraction, or leaving you behind to do my dirty work."

Moroe answered almost without thinking. Most of her mind was too focused on the mission to devote much attention to Hajime. It was nice to have someone who trusted her so completely. When she wasn't in the mood for longwinded explanations, he would still obey her orders without them. Even after everything that had happened, he was completely fine with being ignored-

"He cried. He froze. He begged forgiveness for failing you. He's not fine. He needs you. Now show some compassion, you heartless monster, and TALK TO HIM!"

She felt her mouth opening of its own accord. She didn't turn around, though, or stop walking towards the mission objective. Somewhere within her, two warring factions had reached a compromise.

"...Stay with me, Hajime. I need you. However bad you may feel about freezing back there, however worthless you think you've become, remember these words: 'Master needs me. Master wants to be with me.' Maybe you can't see your value right now, but I can, so don't you dare think about dying. When we leave here, we leave together."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-08-15 at 01:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Pixie in the Playground

"Senzu Bean...? What?"

Shougo glanced back at Katsu, a look of utter confusion in his eyes.

"What do you know, anyway? I have fought through worse, and the 'bad guys' have already been defeated. Although ... Perhaps you were right in stopping me. I apologise. I would probably have murdered him; he did try to kill me not too long ago, after all, and nearly succeeded. I almost died."

Leaning on a wall for support, Shougo cleared the hill ahead and in, in the distance, was Onizuka Middle School. And he was dreadfully late; it looked like morning tea had started, at the very least. Shougo braced himself for a sprint before reminding himself that trying to activate and calculate his psychic powers in such a state was highly unwise (Although the headache itself was beginning to fade).

Turning back to Katsu, he nodded slightly in deference.

"My thanks, Yamamoto Katsu-san. I should be able to make it from here. When we next meet, I shall repay my debt to you, for I fear that I must have made you late for school also."

__________________________________________________ _______________

In the distance, Tobio might have been able to make out a small figure standing on the top of a hill slowly making its' way towards school. It was clutching the side of its' head; Morever, it was wearing a long red scarf, and only one person Tobio knew did that...
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-08-15 at 03:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

Moroe and Hajime quickly reach their destination ward. The door is, of course, locked, but it's a simple matter of picking it; it's more to keep sick people from wandering out into the hallway than for keeping determined burglars out.

The room inside is rather dim, someone having turned the lights down as low as they can go, presumably to let the patient sleep. A bed is occupied along the left wall, and a bank of machines and IVs snakes nearly a dozen tubes down into the small girl who lies strapped to the bed. The monitors beep quietly in the soft light.

Quickly checking the hallway once more to make sure they're clear, Moroe shuts the door and steps over to the girl lying motionless on the hospital bed. The restraining straps pinning the girl to the bed certainly aren't helping, and the bandages wrapped over Shiki's eyes prevent Moroe from figuring out whether or not she's conscious or not. An oxygen mask covers the small child's mouth, and various wires and tubes run to heartbeat monitors and IVs pumping fluids into the girl's body. Moroe is just about to start the lengthy process of extracting the needles from her arms when the lights click on to full, bathing the room in a harsh white incandescence.

"Christ, what took you two so long. I was starting to worry that I was wasting my time here. Move away from the brat, brat; we need to have a bit of a Q&A session."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Figures."

Moroe spun around. She scanned the room with eyes that were still adjusting to the sudden influx of light. If Yori was for some reason within sight, she would attempt to shoot him. If not, she'd keep watch for something she could shoot. Either way, she wouldn't step away from Shiki.

14. - Top - End - #344

Hajime pulls out a knife the instant the man begins speaking, but it feels strangely... heavy. He glances at his hand, flipping the knife a few times, but the weight doesn't change.

Bizarre.

The silver-haired boy's eyes dart around the room, and he readies himself, saying quietly, "Evening, Yori-san. Are you feeling well?"

His tone is almost conversational, but he seems ready for combat.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #345

The two youngsters find Yori reclining in one of the chairs on the far end of the room, reading a magazine. As Moroe brings up her weapon to fire, Yori rolls up the magazine and swats her in the back of the head, an arc of near-ultraviolet light flashing across the edge of the paper. There's no distending of space this time-just a faint hissing like a gas flame dying out and the lingering smell of ozone.

"Think for a second before you do anything rash, moron. Do you really want to fire a weapon in an enclosed space like this? You don't know where the ricochet could go."

Ignoring him, Moroe squeezes the trigger and puts two bullets downrange, aimed square at Yori's head. As the projectiles near him, they suddenly change course in a wash of electrical noise, one of them planting itself in the ground at Moroe's feet and the other one scraping along Shiki's restraints before embedding itself in the wall. There's a faint afterimage of the room tilted crazily, space twisted in shades of colors that shouldn't exist, and then it's gone. Yori taps a finger against his lips.

"I, on the other hand, know perfectly well where your bullets are going to wind up. No more games: you're in this room because I wanted you here, and I want answers. If you cooperate, I might even let you take the girl; although I can't fathom why you'd want the irritating little snot back. If you don't..."

He lets the threat hang in the air while he flips a pencil out of his pocket and peels a folder out of thin air, pulling one of the waiting tables across the floor with his foot. He opens up the folder and pulls out a sheet of paper, readying himself to add to the notes on the page.

"First, I want to know who hired you to keep the girl safe. Second, I want you to tell me why he's with you-"

Yori waves vaguely at Hajime-

"-And why one of Souji's clones is still running around un-incinerated. The idiot's funding was cut off ages ago, all of his work was supposed to either have been destroyed or confiscated. Then you're going to tell me who's supplying you with your gear, because I'm rather interested in knowing which of of the City's contractors has been selling weapons to minors."

Yori smiles humorlessly.

"Take your time."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe kept her gun pointed at Yori, though there was little point. Not only did the weapon clearly pose no threat to him, but he could probably disarm it on a whim. Nevertheless, it was a good sign that he'd allowed himself to be targeted in the first place. Even now Moroe and Hajime were still armed, unrestrained and only a few feet away from their captor. That sort of overconfidence had led to the downfall of many an 'invincible' enemy. Right now, though, it was time to talk.

Most of Yori's words were depressingly predictable. He offered the usual (obviously fake) deal of 'release on good behaviour', which Moroe dismissed instantly; Then came the standard questions of employment and armament. However, in between those was something which caught her by surprise. This man knew about the Soujis? Interesting. When he was done, there followed a brief pause while Moroe considered her reply. The trick would be to appear valuable enough to be kept alive, helpful enough to make torture seem suboptimal, and stubborn enough to justify stalling the critical answers for as long as possible.

"It looks like I don't have much choice. Okay, here you go: I don't know who hired me, but I might be able to find out. The clone was a gift from someone a lot more dangerous than you; I'd advise leaving that subject well alone. As for my suppliers, they're hard to track. I can give you a few leads on them, but not an exact location. Satisfied?"

17. - Top - End - #347

"Not in the least."

Yori leans back in his chair, tapping the pencil thoughtfully against his chin.

"Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were either lying to me or being deliberately obtuse."

He smacks himself in the head, then leans forward, eyes narrowing.

"Oh WAIT, you ARE. NOBODY takes a job in our line of work without thoroughly validating their employer first; I used to work with Adachi's lab on a joint project before this one so I know exactly how dangerous he is, thank you very much; and if you can't find YOUR OWN WEAPONS DEALER I'm amazed you haven't suffocated yourself by accident yet."

Yori makes a fast note in the file lying on the table, then flicks open his balisong and rests it on the table.

"Now, I want you to think very carefully about how you want to revise your answers to those questions. I'm not a moron and I resent being taken for one by somebody barely old enough to walk to school by themselves."

He folds his hands and leans over the table. His voice has an edge sharper than the knife glinting in the harsh hospital lighting.

"I want information."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Already, Ren was teleporting through the city, hopping rooftop to rooftop by reading coordinates off a tactical headset.

"Ashikaga is loose." He breathes into his phone.

"Yeah, I got it. I'm heading to HQ now by running off the train power lines. Jin's response is covered in static, each few syllables coming off in burps.

"Don't tell Mei and the others." Ren continues teleporting, still one district out.

"Yeah, 'course I didn't. You think Masami noticed anything? She was looking at us a bit funny."

"No, I don't think so... Anyway Kouta told me to help out, so I am." Ren stops at a building nearby, then draws out the heavy pistol he took from Kouta, checking the magazine and safety.

"I'm playing it safe. Ashikaga gets one chance to surrender, then we get rid of him. Permanently."

"That's fine by m- WHOA." Jin yells as a train passes by. Only his psychic ability keeps him pressed against the safety barrier as the draft of the high-speed train lashes against his body.

"Uhh... Yeah. I'll be there in a bit. I'll just stick to this train here. This'll only take a minute."
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2012-08-16 at 08:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    "Not in the least."

Yori leans back in his chair, tapping the pencil thoughtfully against his chin.

"Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were either lying to me or being deliberately obtuse."

He smacks himself in the head, then leans forward, eyes narrowing.

"Oh WAIT, you ARE. NOBODY takes a job in our line of work without thoroughly validating their employer first; I used to work with Adachi's lab on a joint project before this one so I know exactly how dangerous he is, thank you very much; and if you can't find YOUR OWN WEAPONS DEALER I'm amazed you haven't suffocated yourself by accident yet."

Yori makes a fast note in the file lying on the table, then flicks open his balisong and rests it on the table.

"Now, I want you to think very carefully about how you want to revise your answers to those questions. I'm not a moron and I resent being taken for one by somebody barely old enough to walk to school by themselves."

He folds his hands and leans over the table. His voice has an edge sharper than the knife glinting in the harsh hospital lighting.

"I want information."
    Moroe had to seriously restrain herself from doing something rash. This man had a rare talent for inciting annoyance. The way he talked down to her in that condescending tone made her blood boil every time. She wondered if he was doing it deliberately, to provoke her into making a mistake; If so, it was working.

The really annoying part was the way he smugly dismissed her answers, even though she was mostly telling the truth. He'd made a ton of faulty, slipshod assumptions, and yet he had the gall to call her a moron. All this talk of being 'hired', validating employers and weapons dealers didn't make sense for someone like Moroe. Did he see her as some sort of mercenary, rather than an operative? That was the final straw for her patience. Unable to contain herself, she snapped back at her captor with more vehemence than was strictly wise.

"Maybe you should actually collect more than two facts before you call me a liar. Again, I don't know who hired me; I very rarely do. My suppliers really are hard to track, because I'm not the one paying them. Do you really need me to spell this out? I'm part of the system; A government employee. Are you so blind that you couldn't even figure that out?"

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio stands up abruptly as he says to Yua, "Ah! I see Shougo-san, but it look like he's injured! Yua-san I would like to introduce you too him but first I need you to help me get him to the infirmary."

With that Tobio would run towards where he saw Shougo with Yua hopefully following him. Once he reached him he would try to help support Shougo's exhausted body as he said, "Shougo-san! Are you okay? What happened to you? Was is Daisuke?"
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Crocell put in his orders as well his sweet tooth once again showing itself. Upon sitting down at a table with his two friends he would look at Kin and say with a small bit of mirth, "You know it's not going to bite you. Sure it might be quite as good as Pātisserie Joyeux, but this stuff is still pretty darn good. Good food is good food as I always say. Give be a burger over caviar anyday."

After saying his piece he would start digging into his sweets. It ws a wonder that he did have cavities galore.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin studied Crocell quizzically, as if trying to work out whether he was serious. Burgers over caviar? That had to be a joke, right? While pondering this, she took a cautious nibble out of her pastry, then put it back down, having found it unsatisfactory.

"Perhaps eating this won't kill us, but that's not the point. The point is that there's no reason to choose this place over its superior competitors. Honestly, I can't even see how they stay in business."

The answer to this conundrum lay in one area to which Kin was blind: The prices. She'd never really grasped the fact that, even in the School Garden, not every student had a bottomless wallet.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell shrugs and points to the price menu. "Well the prices here are lower than at Pātisserie Joyeux and they still maintain a decent quality. Plus today is all you can eat. So people who don't have wallets the size of park benches. Plus it still maintains good quality despite the cheaper price. After all quality is proportional to funding."

Another large bite later Crocell has devoured another cupcake and is starting on his mountain of cookies. "But if you don't want to eat the food hear then me and Krystal will try to finish up so that you can stop by Pātisserie Joyeux ok?", he says with a smile.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

This suggestion was met with a frenzied flurry of head-shaking. Kin seemed quite panicked by the idea of causing such a disruption.

"No no, I wouldn't hear of it! Please, don't spoil the meal on my account!"

She quickly grabbed her pastry again and started eating it with gusto.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell chuckles a little as he says, "Kin it's okay. After all if I didn't like something I wouldn't be able to force myself to eat it. You might a a slightly higher taste palate than me or Krystal but don't think that you'll be spoiling anything. After all it wouldn't be fair to you if me and Krystal got to eat something we like and you didn't."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

"No no no, it's fine! Really it is. I was just being awkward. Please, stay right where you are."

Kin finished the pastry with a final gulp, and immediately reached for another. She clearly had no trouble eating them, even though they weren't exactly to her taste. In contrast, Crocell's suggestion was causing her a lot more discomfort than the pastries ever had.

26. - Top - End - #356

Krystal sits silently, munching away at her pastries as her two friends debate over what makes good food. Personally, she agreed with Crocell about pretty much everything mentioned. Especially the caviar. Blech.

She's amused at Kin's sudden change of attitude towards the food. Funny what some people will take as incentives.

So, Crocell, I have a question to ask you. Kin and I are kind of working on a...a side project, of sorts. And...we were wondering if you would like to be a part of it. Krystal gives a half glance to Kin, hoping the girl remembers what she's talking about. And doesn't object.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Judging by the humongous grin which manifested on Kin's face, this course of action met with her approval. Crocell had completely won her over with his parkour skills, awkward sensitivity and above average body temperature. So while Krystal pitched their amazing superhero concept to him, Kin contributed two full intensity puppydog eyes, designed to wear down any resistance in seconds.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

"No, Ishida-san. Do not worry, it was not. It was merely me being a fool and racing another Esper across the rooftops. I slipped and hit my head. That is all."

Closer inspection would reveal that the wound was swollen, but it was nothing particularly bad. Shougos' face did not reveal much in the way of pain as he moved towards Onizuka. The main reason that Shougo was pressing his hand to it was not so much pain, then, but was the fact that it was bleeding. A bandage and an ice pack at Onizukas' infirmary would quickly solve this issue.

If Yua happened to be there also, Shougo would have glanced in her direction.

"It would appear I am late. What time is it? By the way, who is this?"

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell thinks for a moment about Krystal's offer. He is about to speak when he sees Kin's eyes. Those eyes... He nods with a smile as he says, "All right then, besides why shouldn't I help my two new friends. Besides I'd have to be a heartless fiend to be able to resist that puppy dog look that Kin is throwing me."
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Tobio nods before he says, "This is Yua-san, we just formally met each other. Anyways lets get you to the infirmary. You need some ice on that."

30. - Top - End - #360

Krystal smiles and nods. She starts fishing through her shoulder bag as she talks.

Awesome. Now, what we're doing is an idea I had a little while ago. I thought about how we have powers, and there's crime in the city, and, well... She pulls out the item needed and slides it onto the table.

It's an X-Men comic.

Seemed like the logical step to me. And our little adventure yesterday made us realize that you could be a good candidate for this. She grins with excitement.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS