New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Yua does indeed follow along. Initially split between nervousness at being so easy to see and curiosity, but by now the curiosity has won. Yua keeps up with Tobio quite well as they run to Shougo's location.

"I am Nakamura Yua. Nice to meet you, Shougo-san."

Yua says, bowing to greet the injured Esper before continuing. Keeping a polite tone despite being very curious.

"It is lunch break right now. Ten past twelve, I think."

(Sorry if that makes no sense for lunch break in a Japanese school. It makes sense here. ^_^')
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Shougo sighed, and bowed slightly in return.

"As I thought. Unforgivably late..."

__________________________________________________ _______________

Shougos' trip to the infirmary was brief; he left with a bandage around his head, an ice pack around his room and an abashed look on his face-The school nurse had lectured him on misusing his powers in such a way. Still, the staff around him bore an incredulous look on their faces. According to their medical records, Shougo, as of a few days ago, was a rather weak Level One, yet his AIM output levels today were nearing that of a Level Three!

They did not inform Shougo of this, however, and merely filed it into the records, attaching a note to the Board to 'keep an eye out for him' during the approaching System Scan....

It was also still lunchtime in Onizuka, and Shougo soon made his way to the rooftop to eat his lunch in what little time he had left. Fortunately, his mother had packed his bento the night before as she always had. A flash of memories skittered across his memory-Shougo remembered that he had fought on this rooftop before, and gotten injured. He also vaguely remembered green, green eyes and the faint scent of smoke...

He shook his head, clearing them away.

"My apologies, Ishida-san. It would appear that we do not have enough time for me to teach Nimori-Ryu. I should be well enough to do so by the end of school, however. Will you come over to my house afterwards again?"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'd advise against mouthing off to your betters, brat. I know perfectly well that you're a member of one of the City's countless covert wetwork cells. Which one is it? door, or gate, or fence or something? I can never keep them all straight. The reason I'm ASKING, you senseless little girl, is that Crowley has the most obnoxious habit of playing all of his secret little clubs against one another; for what reason, I can't fathom, maybe he's mad and maybe he just enjoys undermining his own projects. Regardless of his reasons, it means that I can never get a straight answer from the powers that be, which in turn means that I have to do a lot of the legwork myself."

Yori pauses for a second, peeling another folder out of the air with a wash of ultraviolet light. He flips through it for a few seconds before sliding it underneath the one he's currently writing in.

"Now, far be it for me to question the man in charge, but I prefer for my own portion of his no-doubt impossibly convoluted plans to run as smoothly as possible. That's my JOB, I oversee large genetics projects, and I make things happen. This, of course, means that when people like YOU come along and try to screw things up, I need to rip out the problem by the roots, which means either finding out who is funding and supplying your little party group and shutting them down or just killing all of you. I prefer the first one because it involves less paperwork."

And Moroe can see it in his eyes-it's true. He wouldn't hesitate for second to wipe her off the face of the earth if it meant things would move more smoothly for him. And even worse, he clearly doesn't believe her, truth or not. Yori picks his knife up off the table and starts flicking it back and forth.

"Now, I will only ask you one more time before I decide you're not worth it. Who gave you the assignment to protect this girl? Why are you walking around all buddy-buddy with one of Dr. Souji's clones, and who is your armaments liason?"
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

"Note to self: Insulting the space-warping psychopath is unwise."

Not exactly a surprising discovery, but one worth remembering. In Moroe's defence, it was hard to keep a cool head with someone who insisted on treating her like a kindergärtner. Couldn't he see that she was a fully mature 15-year old, who'd lived through more horrors than most people saw in their entire lives? She most certainly, definitely, absolutely was not a child!

Thankfully Moroe was able to calm herself this time, mostly due to the look in Yori's eyes. Those eyes told her that she was officially out of lifelines. Her attempts to dissemble and evade had failed miserably, and eroded the last of this murderer's patience. Now she could either cooperate, or die for the sake of a few facts. The choice was an easy one.

"You've already met the person who gave me the assignment: She's lying in this bed. The girl came up to me and gave a code phrase which made me protect her. If anyone knows the true client, it's her."

"Sorry Shiki, but this man was never going to let us leave with you. At least now he has another reason to keep you alive."

"The clone is a former vessel of Doctor Adachi, which he used to resurrect himself. Oh yeah, he's alive again; Don't know if you knew that. Apparently he planned to reincarnate into this clone ages ago, but it escaped and tried to live a life of its own. Eventually it developed a sick obsession with some random girl it had met: Me. That obsession grew so strong that it gave Adachi's mind an opportunity to take over. When he'd finished transferring into a new body, he blanked this one and gave it to me as 'thanks'. I think he just did it for a cheap laugh. Still, the thing does come in pretty handy for household chores."

"Sorry Hajime, but I can't let him know that I actually care for you. You know that you're not really an 'it' to me, right?"

"And as for my armaments liaison, that's an easy one: It's the leader of my group, Watanabe Katashi."

"Sorry Watanabe, bu-Wait, I'm not sorry at all. Rot in the depths, you worthless scumbag!"

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Friday Lunch - Onizuka]

As they visit the infirmary, Yua's paranoia is confirmed from an unlikely source. The same staff curious about Shougo. Giving the usually unnoticed Esper a lecture on not using one's powers to avoid checkups, they keep Yua occupied a bit longer than the others.

Eventually, after heavy apologies and several promises to return more frequently, Yua hurries after Shougo and Tobio. Turning down Awareness Control to hide until arriving at the rooftop.

Again seemingly materialising out of thin air, Yua tries to regain breath while Shougo and Tobio discuss after-school activities.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

As Ren and Jin arrive at the District 2 Anti-Skill dispatch headquarters, a tall brunette armed with a light grenade machine gun waves them over to just outside the barbwire-covered gate.

"Yo, kids. Got your call. Nice to see the two of you taking the effort to come down here... Even though you're supposed to be in classes and all..." Murakami Haruka begins, pulling up a holographic screen and tapping it a few times.

"Ma'am."

"Oh c'mon, ane-san don't be like th-" Jin begins, earning himself a smack in the face.

"Stop callin' me that. Anyway, I'm sure you're used to the procedure aaand I'm going to assume you took leave and everything so I'll get straight to business."

"We've got search patrols out here, here, and here, around the Ashikaga penthouse. Sending in an Anti-Skill team to search Azabu would be tricky, so we're working with Azabu Judgment on this. I want the two of you to go there and comb that place. Keep your Nagatenjouki uniforms on and JIN TUCK IN THAT SHIRT."

"Buwehh. You never cared about that before."

"Shaddap. You're going into some other school. Remember you're supposed to be a role model as a Judgment member. And don't gimme that 'retiree' rubbish, you can't quit Judgment. I told you that when you tried. Take this case as a recall to service. Get your bands on and report in on the radio once you reach Azabu."

"On it." Ren responds as he and Jin begin attaching their armbands to their shoulders.

"Aw, c'mon. I volunteered..."

"Speaking of that... Y'know, the two of you seem awfully interested in this case. And I'm wonderin' why you didn't bring your assigned partner, Shirogane. I want to talk to you privately about this after this incident."

"Ma'am."

As Jin and Ren turn to leave, Haruka taps her radio.

"Hey, Hijiri? I'm sending two kids to help you out over there. Yeah, yeah. No, don't worry, they'll behave. Yeah, mid-high clearance. One of them has history, yeah. Don't worry about that, he'll do his job. Right. Call me if you get anything."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio tapped his chin for a moment as he thought about it. "Ano, I was actually thinking about using the Judgement centers training room for a esper powers today. However working Nimori-ryu sounds good. Alright then I'll drop by your house."

He looks up as Yua seemingly blinks into existence. He jumps a little but otherwise he doesn't show much reaction. "Ah, Yua-san did you wish to join us?"
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Crocell nods his head knowingly as he says, "I see, I must say I'm flattered that you guys think so highly of me. Though if we are going to do this, no offense to you gusy, but you might have to focus on physical confrontations rather than use of your powers.

Not that it's a bad thing. For example Kin if she builds up a decent amount of muscle power she can stick to people and basically stay in the deadzone of any weapon user."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal nods a bit. Yeah, I realized that. But, I know I can use my powers to tap into Judgement or Anti-Skill radios and keep an ear out for any situations. And, If I do get to level three, I could do infrared vision and UV vision and even blind people with light. Krystal seems very excited.

Plus, you could help us with parkour more. That'd definitely be useful.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "Wow! You know someone who can do all that? That's crazy, yeah!"

Well, to be honest, Ina wasn't overly surprised by that anymore. Kasai was obviously very well-connected in addition to being rich and talented.

"To be honest, though, heh, maybe being transferred might be a better idea, yeah...I mean, it's not like I know exactly how to be a high class lady...I might need some help with that."

"Crazy definitely applies, yeah..."
    Kasai replies, grinning at Ina, and nodding, before going to pull a large tray covered in some sort of pastries - which seemed to be the source of the non-bacon smells - out of the oven. "And in that case, a transfer it is. Though I'll be happy to help you work on that over the weekend, at least when we're not doing more interesting things. Not that I'm going to be the best teacher, mind - I get into a fair bit of trouble there - but it's better than nothing, right?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio tapped his chin for a moment as he thought about it. "Ano, I was actually thinking about using the Judgement centers training room for a esper powers today. However working Nimori-ryu sounds good. Alright then I'll drop by your house."

He looks up as Yua seemingly blinks into existence. He jumps a little but otherwise he doesn't show much reaction. "Ah, Yua-san did you wish to join us?"
    Yua takes a moment to respond, considering the offer.

"I do not believe I could do much to help, but if you need a hand?"

The ghostly Esper answers inquiringly. Yua's face does not reveal much about whether Yua wishes to go or not, showing mostly confusion at being offered to join at all.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Plus, you could help us with parkour more. That'd definitely be useful.
    Kin shot Krystal a sidelong glance and a cheshire grin. The psychoanalytical itch was upon her once more.

"Yeeees, 'useful'. Because that's definitely the main reason you want to do it. Not like that's just an excuse for some far more primal urge; Nah, perish the thought."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo felt a little uncomfortable with the thought of inviting this Yua to his place when he didn't know him (or her? Shougo was quite unsure). Nevertheless, Tobio looked like he trusted him, and Shougo trusted Tobio. It struck him as a little odd how quickly he seemed to forget his face, however; quickly enough that Shougo knew it probably wasn't natural. That might also explain why Shougo had never seen him before, even though he looked like he was in the same year.

Furthermore, Yua looked very shy-The sort who didn't have the spirit to stand up to injustice. Shougo understood that, and empathised. Before he met his father, he was exactly the same. In fact, he could already feel his fathers' hand on his shoulder, encouraging him to reach out to Yua, to teach him to stand on his own two feet and how to raise his fist in the defence and the pursuit of justice.

"You are very welcome to train with us, if that is what you so desire, Nakamura-san."

He then mulled over what Tobio had said. He did not wish to hold Tobio back.

"Although if you desire to train your psychic powers, you may do so. It is true that the System Scan is next week. We will have time for practice later-If that is what you so desire, Ishida-san."

"It sure is, yeah! Let's get going soon, shall we? The day's about to begin, and I can already feel like it's going to be all sorts of fun, yeah!"

Ina grinned, bubbling with energy. She couldn't wait for Kasai to show her what really went on in the four walls of the prestigious Tokiwadai Middle School, and what all the Ojou-samas were like with their hair down.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-08-25 at 11:12 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio shakes his hands in front of his face in a gesture of rapid disaproval. "No, no it's alright. I was going to head over to Judgement HQ tommorow anyways. I can just the the practice center that's there when I go. I would be happy to practice Nimori-Ryu today. And if you need it I can help with your homework again."

He looks over to Yua as he says, "S-Shougo-san said it's okay but like he s-said, if you d-don't want to you d-don't have t-to."

Crocell gently elbows Kin in adonishment. Though with how playful his own expression looked it could have just as well been encouragement. "Now, now Kin. Just because some of us let our hair down less than others, it doesn't mean that we should mock them for it. It just means that we should feel sorry for them."
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Ryuji finishes up his lunch to the angry murmurs of his classmates. The prodigal son of the Ashikaga family have fallen, and fallen hard. It was something that reflected badly on the school and by proxy the students. Some where vehemently defending Daisuke while others were cursing his name. He couldn't say that he knew Daisuke, but he did know that he had some sort of issues. He didn't know what per say, but he knew he had them.

Placing his chopsticks back within his bento he put the box away before standing up. He walked back to class with a neutral look on his face. It was odd to see such an expression on Matsuda Ryuji's face. It gave him a look of aloofness when he was a very nice and sociable person. With thoughts turning over rapidly in his head Ryuji wondered how much worse the situation could get with Daisuke on the run.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-08-26 at 03:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374

Krystal looks to Kin, then to Crocell, then back to Kin, slight confusion on her face.

What are you trying to say? She doesn't seem to be upset about any potential hidden meaning here. Just curious.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks at Krystal as he says, "Kin was just trying to say that your a little too uptight sometimes. Or that you don't get out and take a walk on the wild side enough. Don't wory though Krystal, we love you just the way you are." Crocell flashes her a thumbs up.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

"Indeed we do. Feel free to wear all the masks you want in this public place..."

Kin suddenly leaned in close to Krystal's ear, and whispered into it with a playful tone.

"...Just don't forget our promise. When we're alone, I want to be with the real you; The shining, roof-hopping comic book fan who jumps for joy at the thought of being a superhero, and who cringes every time you say 'logical next step'. Because, bit by bit, I'm going to bring that amazing girl out of hiding, until she's able to dance in the sunlight all day long."

17. - Top - End - #377

Krystal sticks her tongue out at both of them.

At Kin's whisper, she mocks offense. Hey, logical next step's apply in many situations!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yua's uniform and general appearance suggests that the attention-resistant Esper is female. But Yua's blue hair is most likely already breaking the dress code, so Shougo might still be suspicious.

Yua attempts to appear as non-dismissive as possible when replying to Tobio, although diplomacy is rarely a practice someone with awareness-based powers makes use of.

"It will not be necessary. I would only be in the way of your own training. I can practice on my own well enough."

Yua bows in apology to Tobio and Shougo.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Pixie in the Playground

"Nonsense, Nakamura-san. You will not be 'getting in the way' of anything, if you wish to join us. As my father used to say, practice is best done with other people."

Shougo coughed, suddenly uncomfortable as he took in Yuas' general uniform (as well as covertly staring at her chest, if only in an attempt to gauge what gender she was). Her blue hair didn't really bother Shougo; Tobio also had blue hair.

"That is, of course, if you wish to join us. And thank you for offering, Ishida-san...I should be able to do my homework over the weekend, but I would be in your debt if you would help me look over it. Perhaps we could practice our psychic powers as we do so? But we might have to do it in the backyard."

20. - Top - End - #380

"See, that wasn't so hard. I ask a question, you answer. But just to make sure you're not trying to BS me again, I think I'll bring in an expert to make sure."

He gives a dismissive wave behind him, and the wall behind Yori heaves and shoots off into the distance, stretching the room into an impossibly long corridor, and then it's suddenly back in place with a sharp cracking noise and the heavy smell of an electrical storm. The room is just as it was before it decided to violate the laws of physical possibility, save for a etheral glow and an improbably tall figure now standing behind Yori's seat.

"I am summoned. What need do you have of me?"

The creature (for what kind of person has grey skin and six chitinous spines erupting from their shoulders?) is wrapped in rags and spiked metal plates, and stares balefully over a dark scarf with six electric blue eyes. It's (his?) tone is mournful and slow, like a funeral dirge played at half speed. Yori points at Moroe, then at Shiki's comatose form. He holds up the folder he's been writing in, showing it to the creature.

"New command, NORN: Validate her claims. If they're true, pull the relevant information from the patient's memories and transcribe them here."

There is a pendulous pause, and everyone in the room is suddenly awash in chill. It's a horrible, awful feeling, like being watched from every angle, like you're talking to somebody and they KNOW your secrets, you can feel it in their smile, and then there's a dull ache behind the temples that gradually fades. After a long, tense moment, the tall creature speaks.

"The child lies not; her words and mind mesh in truth. The small girl's thoughts are scattered, like leaves in a gale. But I have the information you so desire."

Yori rubs his temples and hand the folder to the creature, who takes it with long claws that handle the paper with a surprising amount of delicacy.

"As you command."

"Good, put it down on the third page, then-"

Yori pauses.

"I apologize, sire."

"You know I hate that freaky future talk thing you do."

Yori grabs the file back, glancing over the information the creature has transcribed in thin, spidery writing. His eyebrows shoot up.

"How very interesting. Well, we're done here. I'll do my own followup with this information."

Yori stands and stretches, flipping the dossier closed and sliding it into a gash in the air. He walks over to the hospital bed and pushes on the wall nearby, which folds open like a bizarre flower to reveal an alleyway, the dim morning light filtering down through countless clotheslines and fire escapes to the dirty street littered with garbage and dirt.

"This is where you get off. Do't let the door hit you on the way out."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

When the creature (Norn?) entered, Moroe unconsciously took a step back. She tried to ward off the unnatural cold by wrapping her long leather coat around herself, to no avail. The newcomer made her feel more nervous than Yori ever had. No matter how potent his space-warping ability, telepaths had a special place in Moroe's nightmares. So when she first felt the NORN's touch on her mind, it took massive restraint to keep from throwing up every ward she could muster. Though having this stranger browse through her innermost memories felt like nothing less than a violation, she had no choice but to allow it. All she could do now was endure.

"It's ok. It's ok. His power can't really be that strong; If it was, they'd just have read my mind from the start. No matter how much he stares, he can only check the answers I gave; That's the only logical explanation. So it's ok. It's ok..."

The only logical explanation? Hardly. There were probably a dozen others which fit the facts. But right now Moroe needed a comforting lie, so she clung to this one like a lifebelt. Even when the ordeal finally ended, a sick feeling lingered in the pit of her stomach.

At last their captor saw fit to reward Moroe and Hajime with an exit. Apparently 'children' like them weren't even worth imprisoning. Instead of running through that portal as fast as she could, Moroe felt compelled to linger and ask one last, rather stupid question.

"What about the girl?"

How pointless. Was this what forming 'bonds' did to people?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "It sure is, yeah! Let's get going soon, shall we? The day's about to begin, and I can already feel like it's going to be all sorts of fun, yeah!"

Ina grinned, bubbling with energy. She couldn't wait for Kasai to show her what really went on in the four walls of the prestigious Tokiwadai Middle School, and what all the Ojou-samas were like with their hair down.
    Kasai nods, smiling at her.

"Probably should anyway, yeah. Not a good idea to be late on your first day there, even if you're not officially a student yet. Bad to get in trouble with no file, for one thing, and of course even if that wasn't an issue, it'd make you stand out, plus giving you a bad reputation when my friend's done working..."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yua does not appear to have noticed Shougo's covert stares, but takes a few seconds to respond.

"In that case, I would be delighted to join you."

Yua replies.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #384

Yori shrugs.

"You can have her. As is, she's taking up project resources and there's no real use for the brat anyways."

He stands up to leave and pauses with his hand on the doorknob.

"But I don't want you mucking about in my business any more. You are irritating. Your naïveté nauseates me. You have single-handedly incurred a larger cost to my project than anybody else I know of; do you have any idea how much time and money is wasted when we have to move everything from one location to another?"

Yori stares down at Moroe, pointing a finger at her.

"If you or anybody else working with you disrupts my work again, I will kill you to make very certain you don't do so for a third time. I will kill YOU, whatever family you might have, anybody you CARE about, anybody who cares about YOU, and then I will burn all of your houses to the GROUND so I can spit on the ashes. I hope that is as clear as I can POSSIBLY make it, because if I see you again I will END you."

Yori smiles humorlessly.

"Have a nice day."

The door thuds shut with the sound of a coffin slamming closed as he leaves, leaving Moroe alone with an unconscious girl on a hospital bed, a rather quiet clone, and a large genetic aberration. There is silence for a tenuous moment.

"Such a cruel, violent man. Alas that my fate should be so entwined with his barbarous desires."

The gaunt giant sags in place, as though relieved of some great burden, one clawed hand covering its face.

"I merely can pray that his ire falls not upon you in the future. I cannot see what is to become of you, as my powers of precognition are limited, but I wish you well. My deepest regrets for violating the sanctuary of your mind must be given."

The creature stalks into the corner and sits, spines and legs curling into a ball. Its voice is weary.

"Go now. I have been instructed to visit harm upon the small one should you linger, and I dare not say how much longer you may yet stay."
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-09-02 at 12:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe didn't need to be told twice. She immediately leaned down and started releasing Shiki's restraints. Thanks to her talent for multitasking, she was able to do this while simultaneously reeling in utter confusion. Had they won? Lost? Something in between? She still had no idea. But just in case they had won, she elected to get out while the getting was good.

"Hajime, take the girl. We're leaving."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell chuckles at the two best friends before he checks his pocket watch. Seeing the time he closes it as he polishes off the last of his sweets. "As great at this outing has been girls we need to get back to our respective schools. Remember I'm going to be doing patrols today. If you want to come just meet me at the park between Tokiwadai and Azabu, I usually start my route there. If nothing happens we can talk about what snazzy costumes we could wear."

Crocell gets up from his seat with a grin on his face. He had to admit, it was awkward becoming good friends with two girls, but once he warmed up to them and vice versa he had to say that he wouldn't trade them for anything.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Tobio nods to both parties as he says, "Actually that would be perfect Shougo-san. And Yua-san you may not like martial arts all that much but we can at least teach you some basic self-defense for if you ever get into trouble that you can run from."

With that Tobio stands as he pats down his Onizuka uniform, shaking loose some dirt as he says, "Well classes are about to begin again. See you guys after school then." With that Tobio waves at the two as he heads to his next classes.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo nodded as the bell rang, indicating the end of lunch. He was already running through the beginners' forms of Nimori Ryu; forms he'd run through a thousand times. It was a little nerve-wracking, taking up another 'student', but Shougo did not mind-In fact, it felt good.

"Shall I meet you both at the school gate at three thirty, then? Perhaps we could all train our psychic powers together; perhaps in a sparring bout? I wonder what this months' System Scan will be like-I have an unusually good feeling about it, this time..."

Ducking his head in slight deference, Shougo then leapt off the roof in an unnaturally acrobatic manner, already integrating his psychic power with his regular movement on an almost-unconscious level.

"I got it, I got it, yeah!"

Ina looked impatient. She wanted to see what Tokiwadai was really like; the fear of being caught was offset by the thrill of discovery. She wanted to start the day, and she was practically rearing to go...

((OOC: Do you want to introduce Ina to Tokiwadai, C'Nor?))

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yua watches after the other two while leaving, smiling faintly as the "ghost" disappears again. Few of the many students headed for class notice the blue-haired presence walking among them, but some do get the feeling that there is a bit more cheer in the air.

And for once, Yua manages to get noticed by the teacher's roll call on the first try.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

{OOC: Since Terry doesn't seem to be around, I'm going to go ahead and put Moroe into friday. Terry, feel free to jump in wherever you like, for either thursday or friday, once the dreaded writer's block has left you.}

Ishimaru Moroe awoke to the sound of a bell. She sat up with a start, surprised to find herself rising from a hard chair in an empty classroom, instead of her familiar bed. It took her a few seconds to remember where she was. Ah yes, school. She must have fallen asleep during lunch. With a weariness that covered every muscle, she got up and trudged towards her next class.

Whenever Moroe heard someone complain that they were too tired for school, she felt like punching them. Those idiots didn't know what 'tired' was. Had they ever fought a genetically engineered killing machine which ate tanks for breakfast? Of course not. Nor did they have to worry about their devoted clone stealing a uniform and following them to school. Hajime was the best thing in her life right now, but when it came to society at large he was a trainwreck waiting to happen.

And then there was...him. Moroe tried not to think about him; About the way he was probably in this very building right now; About the way they could meet at any moment; About how, if they did, he'd look at her with the eyes of a complete stranger.

...Yes, those punks definitely didn't know what 'tired' meant.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell chuckles at the two best friends before he checks his pocket watch. Seeing the time he closes it as he polishes off the last of his sweets. "As great at this outing has been girls we need to get back to our respective schools. Remember I'm going to be doing patrols today. If you want to come just meet me at the park between Tokiwadai and Azabu, I usually start my route there. If nothing happens we can talk about what snazzy costumes we could wear."

Crocell gets up from his seat with a grin on his face. He had to admit, it was awkward becoming good friends with two girls, but once he warmed up to them and vice versa he had to say that he wouldn't trade them for anything.
    Kin groaned as she caught sight of her own watch.

"Lunch is over already?! Why does time only move slowly when we're in school?"

After a bit more pouting, Kin was forced to accept time's decree. She gave Crocell a tight farewell hug, left her unfinished pastries to go stale, and walked sadly out the door with Krystal.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-01 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390

Krystal nods to Crocell. Okay then. I'm sure Kin will think of a few ideas for you between now and then.

She smiles to Kin as she follows her friend out the door. You know how the saying goes. Time flies when you're having fun.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS