New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Ina was barely able to restrain her jaw from dropping as she was introduced to Tokiwadai. Everything they had, simply put, was 'better'. They had access to better facilities, better teachers, better everything.Even the students appeared to be far superior than the rest of Academy City; although they honestly surprised Ina with their actual humanity. She had always assumed that they were all haughty ojou-samas with an incredible intellect along with the accompanying superiority complex, but she was wrong. While it was true that Tokiwadais' students were, as a whole, more capable than the rest of Academy City, they were perhaps even more prone to personal and emotional flaws.

Ina drank this all up, exulting in the drama and danger of it all, whilst trying her hardest to appear intelligent and cultured. Despite her obvious level of out-of-placeness, she was quite surprised that her fellow 'classmates' were quite willing to chalk it up to simply being new; if they knew what she really was, they showed no signs of caring.

It was all quite exhausting and exhilarating at the same time, and Ina loved it.

__________________________________________________ _______________

The school bell finally rang, heralding the end of school. Onizukas' students, for the most part, soon abandoned all pretenses of dignity and restraint and rushed for the school gate, eager to begin the weekend. The fact that a System Scan was due to begin on the Monday back did not weigh heavily on the minds of most students; after all, they had the whole weekend to think about it.

Nimori Shougo was not one of those students, instead calmly and deliberately walking over to the gates, running the days' lessons through his head as he did so. It was quite strange, he realised, how he had suddenly appeared to become better with numbers over the past few days. Whenever he thought of the equations relevant to his psychic power and attempted to estimate the variables present within, everything...Seemed to click into place. He could remember and calculate most of it with mnemonics that he did not remember learning that seemed to flit through the back of his head, with an unusual emphasis on 'trajectory' and 'firing arcs'.

Shougo was simultaneously grateful for this and a little unnerved. While it certainly made physics class a lot easier to understand, he was almost certain that he had not learnt these things by himself (as if that made any sense-How else would have gotten into his head? Still, he could not shake the feeling that it was not a natural part of his thought processes).

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts and switching to his other subjects. Chemistry and biology were still difficult subjects for him, although he was certain he could become at least passably proficient in them if he put a lot of hard work into it. History was alright, he supposed, but English-English, he certainly did not find easy...

His trail of thought was interrupted by a certain green-eyed girl he caught sight of on the other end of the hallway.

She was beautiful, he realised, even if she did look incredibly tired. Her eyes, in particular, were a magnificent verdant green, and for a second, against everything that he normally was, Shougo considered telling her just that. But before he could open his mouth, his own mind slammed down on that errant thought, chastising him for its' inappropriateness. It was not his place to say such things. He did not even know her!

And so Nimori Shougo passed Ishimaru Moroe by without a word, without any more than a glance. It was just as she had expected; he had passed her by with the eyes of a complete stranger.

Shougo had finally reached the gate, still thinking about that green-eyed girl he had passed in the corridor, when he suffered yet another one of those strange 'headaches' that he had been experiencing quite frequently over the past two days. Those green eyes; he was sure he had seen them before, and not only in passing. That faint smell of smoke and machine, too-A smell he had decided that he quite liked, despite the knowledge that he had previously been somewhat averse to such...

He found himself lost in the shattered remains of fragmented memories, his mind working furiously in an attempt to make sense of the welter of barely-remembered emotions that he was feeling.

Tobio and Yua, whether or not they had arrived first at the gate, would have found Shougo staring blankly into space as he shuffled forward. Any interaction with him would have jolted him right out of his reverie, but Tobio would have been able to tell that something was weighing heavily on his mind.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe trudged along yet another corridor, trying not to collapse. Maintaining her usual brisk pace just wasn't an option. Why did she even have to go to school, anyway? She never seemed to learn anything that would be much use in her real job. Yet for some reason, her handlers refused to pull her out. Maybe they thought that knowledge of economics and exotic birds was essential for all well-rounded operatives; Or maybe it was a daily dose of normality, meant to keep her sane and far away from clock towers; Or maybe they just did it to hurt her. After the encounter she'd just had, that last reason sounded all too plausible.

It shouldn't have hurt so much. The last time she'd seen Nimori Shougo, he'd been unconscious in a hospital bed. Seeing him up and about again should have been a happy occasion. He was healthy, free from the Pure Streets, and living a normal life...without her. She'd told herself over and over again that things were better this way; That this was the way it was meant to be. But when she'd laid eyes on him in that hallway, it still felt like she'd been stabbed in the gut. Then they'd passed each other with barely a glance, and the knife had twisted in the wound.

And then he was gone; That hurt too.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

((ADHJSADJAS. HDD died, laptop was destroyed, and now I am requisitioning the family computer for the good of America. I think I've got Hajime to write.))

Hajime

He picked her up. She was light - it was like grasping at air as he lifted her. It was not any fault of his own that she was trapped here, that would be... illogical. He was not illogical.

And yet, water ran down his cheeks.

The very idea that she was so light was illogical. Air was unattainable, always floating outside of your reach for a reason - it did not exist. It could not possibly exist in the way that his mind was comprehending it did. That was foolish, completely and totally foolish. Only an idyllic mind would ever think of a person as air - and Hajime was anything but idyllic. He was a clone, living only for the one person that mattered.

There was no reason to be sad over the small girl who had been captured under his watch. It would be completely pointless to shed even a single tear over her pain and suffering. She was not Master. She could never be Master. And her meager form was not as powerful as Master's, it could not accomplish as much as Master's, it was simply impossible to compare her to Master.

And yet, the water ran down his cheeks. He held her in his arms, and the thin veil of wetness coated his face, as if it mattered. The wetness was pointless, a mere obstruction of his eyes, forcing him to pause before combat and making it more complicated to attack and defend. The very idea that the wetness meant anything was almost... laughable. It could not have to do with the girl; the girl who had wrecked Master's world with a single sentence, who had started a bombardment of unpleasant reckonings and forced this bizarre feeling into him. This clenching feeling, that forced him to consider his every breath, and dragged a ragged sound into his throat.

And forced water from his eyes.

He stood, sparing merely a glance at the abomination near him; considering it for a moment. It was not human, it was a shade worthy of detestation, a being that spurned both science and logic. It did not deserve to exist, and its very existence depended upon the wishes of one man.

He felt a strange sense of kinship with it as he left with Master.

[Friday]

He glanced down at the papers in his hand as he stood outside the building. Master had entered it hours ago, and he had remained to watch over that unfathomable little girl.

Last night had been a bizarre spectacle, one that he did not wish to repeat. He would not consider it important unless Master said so - and she had said nothing as they walked to the house, the girl in his arms. Her silence had continued into the morning, and she'd departed in the early hours to attend school; presumably in a foolish attempt to maintain even a scant bit of normalcy.

Hajime had not left apart from once, when he quickly went to the store.

In a fit of... emotion, which made no sense for him to even experience, he had died his hair, a blue of the darkest shade instead of that silver that turned his Master's gaze into a sort of disturbing amalgamation of features, hate and distrust and a twist of negativity stormed over her face every time she glanced at his hair.

It was now blue. And messy. Unlike the previous clean waves that he had sported.

It was... an interesting feeling, he supposed, as he let his fingers trail over several strands of the hair, his silver eyes watching it fall. It had not changed who he was, or what he was, but it somehow made him feel different. Like he was better off with this dark, impossible blue then the shining silver he had always known.

The papers in his hand fluttered. They were application forms, to the school Master attended. A strange feeling had come to him after the dye had dried - as if his Master had needed him. Even though she didn't. There was no way she would need him here; Master was strong, and the people here were...

"Kyaaaaa! Is that a new student?! He's so... so..."

"What's he just standing there for? Lunch is almost over, and he just got here-"

"What if he's a scout for the higher ups?! Oh man, I'd love to get a scholarship to like, Azuba or-"

...Simplistic. Master would have no trouble with any of them. They were like rats or sheep to her, mere excess that is completely useless apart from temporary amusement. She would most likely be displeased to even discover his presence here.

He submitted the forms anyway. The man at the front desk looked at him oddly; although he supposed the name he had submitted.

"Shizuo Shiki". The name he had chosen, the one he had told Master, and the name of that bizarre little girl who confused and enraptured him. But he was not Shizuo Shiki. Shizuo Shiki did not exist. Shizuo Shiki had no Master, and that frightened Hajime, how could one live without a Master? It was an impossibility, something that should not exist. Even Master had her master. Everyone had a master - for a short time that unfathomable girl's had been Yori.

Hajime roamed the corridors for a short time, brushing past a boy who seemed almost dazed, his eyes blank of emotion as he finally pinpointed her location.

"Hello, Master," he said, his voice, as always, utterly void of any emotion or inflection.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell made tracks back to Azabu when he left the company of his female friends. Once again he was subjected to draconian teachers and teaching styles. Well at least he didn't have to wear the uniform 24-7. The day had finally ended when the clock struck 3:30 and he left his intensive chemistry class. With a quick stop by the gym Crocell was back in his usual cloths. He patted down his one of a kind jacket, looking almost as is made from the scales of a large lizard, as he exits the gym and heads towards the park.

Deciding to have a little fun on his way there Crocell took a shortcut down an alley way, running slightly up the wall to kick off it onto a 10 foot high fence. He then jumped off it onto the building with a little boost from his pryokinesis. He then proceeded to runs swiftly across the rooftops to his destination.

Tobio had seen Moroe as she walked through the crowd. As he passed her he wondered what kept her out of school so long. She looked exhausted. Then he witnessed her passing Shougo and vice versa. He waited....and nothing happened. Moroe didn't even wave at Shougo. What was going on? Tobio had a contemplative look on his face as he navigated the Onizuka Sea.

He arrived the gate a little before Shougo, however he saw that the boy was once again suffering one of the headaches that had been plaguing him sense his incident. What was going on in his head? Tobio walked up to him and reached out his hand, before stopping and dropping it. Maybe, to think was just what he needed at the moment. Provided Yua was there he would ask her to not disturb Shougo to allow him a moment with his thoughts.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Ryuji gathered his things as more talk and rumors about the Ashikaga scandal washed across his ears. He made to leave the gates of Azabu when he heard someone call his name. "YO, Matsuda!" He turned to find a group of fairly nondescript boys waving at him. "We were just about to head to the arcade. They finally got the coin machines repaired after that Astraphobia hullabaloo. You in?"

With a polite smile and an apologetic tone he replied, "Sorry I'm not in a gaming mood today. Maybe later." With that he continued walking. He unfortunately would not be able to meet with his lady friends with the System Scan coming up. He was not worried as he was fairly sure his proficiency with metals could not be any more fine tuned. However this scandal just bothered him. Plus he just had a feeling that something big was happening in Academy City. And it wouldn't stay secret for long.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-05 at 06:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's eyes didn't rise from the floor.

"...Hello, Hajime."

Hajime had arrived at just the right time. Thanks to him, Moroe was brought out of her self-destructive reverie and back to the real world. Now that her melancholic schedule was open again, she was free to get depressed about something entirely different.

{Beside her, Hajime had walked, arms full of precious cargo, and eyes still wet from a flood of tears. Every so often, she would look over at him, only to look away a second later. Sometimes she had even managed to open her mouth, but no sound ever came out. How pathetic.}

Ah yes, that would do nicely. Last night her faithful clone had gone through a serious emotional crisis, without any help from his master. Now here he was, blank-faced as ever, ready to serve once more. If she hadn't witnessed the turmoil herself, there'd be no way to know that it had ever happened. It would be so easy to pretend that nothing had happened, or that he'd got over it all by himself and didn't need any help. But no, Moroe wasn't going to take the easy way out any more. From now on, she was going to be there for this newborn soul. With newfound determination, she lifted her head, looked Hajime straight in the eye and prepared to say the words which had refused to come before; 'Prepared' being the operative word, because as soon as she'd had a second to look at him, a much more pressing issue came up.

"Hajime, what on Io happened to your hair?!"

6. - Top - End - #396

Hajime looked at her, a tinge of something in his eyes. "It is merely uncombed today Master, that is all."

There is a pause. A lock of hair falls in front of his eyes, and he brushes it away, before realization flicks on. "My appearance appeared to frustrate you in some way Master," He said, staring at her with those blank eyes. "So I partook in some minor adjustments."

He stopped speaking for a moment, and stared at her. "I have begun attending this establishment on the behest of the girl. She claims that you are not to be left alone. She gave me these as well."

Shuffling for a moment, he pulled a pair of glasses out of his pocket. They were frameless for some reason, presumably because he didn't actually need them, and placed them on his face, blinking once or twice. "Hello Master, I am Shizuo Shiki. I am in disguise."

His tone was, as always, blunt and blank. It was strangely amusing.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hajime looked at her, a tinge of something in his eyes. "It is merely uncombed today Master, that is all."

There is a pause. A lock of hair falls in front of his eyes, and he brushes it away, before realization flicks on. "My appearance appeared to frustrate you in some way Master," He said, staring at her with those blank eyes. "So I partook in some minor adjustments."
    Moroe sighed. She should have known. Hajime's willingness to change any aspect of himself for her sake was both endearing and disturbing. Just like with his old name, she hadn't even needed to mention that the hair bothered her. He'd simply noticed her discomfort, then took action. Ah well, at least this time he'd chosen the replacement himself, instead of asking her to choose for him. That was progress, right?

He stopped speaking for a moment, and stared at her. "I have begun attending this establishment on the behest of the girl. She claims that you are not to be left alone. She gave me these as well."

Shuffling for a moment, he pulled a pair of glasses out of his pocket. They were frameless for some reason, presumably because he didn't actually need them, and placed them on his face, blinking once or twice. "Hello Master, I am Shizuo Shiki. I am in disguise."

His tone was, as always, blunt and blank. It was strangely amusing.
    There was a moment's silence; The calm before the storm. Then Moroe 'replied'.

"You...You're going to school with...How did you even get in so quickl-I shouldn't be left alone?! She's the one who needs protection! Is she...Are you...How am I going to..to...Nyaaah!"

Then came a pause; Then quite a few deep breaths; Then a mental slap to the face for being so selfish; And finally, with much effort, two coherent sentences in a row.

"Hajime, do you want to go to my school? Or are you just doing this because the girl asked?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

[FRIDAY]

To say Ren was anything short of thoroughly irritated would be an understatement. For all his investigative skills, he had found nothing, -nothing- on Daisuke. It was obvious somebody had erased his trail, and had done so with supernatural efficiency- every small hint and detail was gone. That was obvious, but the one who had done so had done a very crude but effective job, leaving no trace that either Ren, Jin or even the supervising Anti-Skills could use. In other words, his Thursday was completely wasted.

Nonetheless, one of the key advantages of being a teleporter was that he had plenty of extra spare time. At the moment, Ren was sitting at his cubicle in the Judgment branch, typing a report on a computer.

Until his assistant program beeps- a new mail.

With a very interesting title.

[Invitation to the Combat-based Esper Power Analysis Program Trials]
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2012-09-07 at 11:09 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

Green eyes....

Green eyes.

They were beautiful, and Shougo, tugging guiltily at his long red scarf, had decided that his favorite color was now green. He admired red, yes, for all its' passion and spirit, but he loved green. Why? He didn't know. He wondered if this was what attraction was like; perhaps, if he were naive enough to say it, love? For the normally stoic Shougo, these emotions were altogether rather new and confusing to him. He would be willing to pass these new feelings off as part of growing up and becoming a man, as his father had lectured him many times to his embarrassment, except...

He had seen those eyes before. He knew it.

And they were important to him, once.

But he could not, for the life of him, remember why, and the thought drove him mad. He pressed a palm to his forehead and hissed softly between his teeth, before catching a glimpse of blue hair at the corner of his eye. Blue hair? Ishida Tobio-san?

Shougo inhaled sharply, coming to his senses. Where was he? His pupils dilated sharply, taking in the afternoon light painfully as he gauged his location; the school gate. Apparently, according to the rather thinning mass of students passing through the gate, he had taken his sweet time getting here. Not that he had remembered all of it-He was fortunate that he hadn't come to by walking into a pole or something trivial (and shameful) such as that.

"A...Ah...I apologise for my slowness, Ishida-san, Nakamura-san (if she were there). I was...Thinking. Shall we be off, then (if she was)?"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Yua was indeed there, trying her best to hide from the masses of students passing by. Having to stay close to the presence of a normal person was still a new and scary experience. As Shougo speaks, Yua nods.

"It is of no concern at all, I am not busy."

Yua says, a bit of nervousness showing through.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell made tracks back to Azabu when he left the company of his female friends. Once again he was subjected to draconian teachers and teaching styles. Well at least he didn't have to wear the uniform 24-7. The day had finally ended when the clock struck 3:30 and he left his intensive chemistry class. With a quick stop by the gym Crocell was back in his usual cloths. He patted down his one of a kind jacket, looking almost as is made from the scales of a large lizard, as he exits the gym and heads towards the park.

Deciding to have a little fun on his way there Crocell took a shortcut down an alley way, running slightly up the wall to kick off it onto a 10 foot high fence. He then jumped off it onto the building with a little boost from his pryokinesis. He then proceeded to runs swiftly across the rooftops to his destination.
    {OOC: Apologies for the delay on this one.}

When Crocell reached the park, it would appear that he was the first to arrive; Unless, that is, he noticed the ambush. Because in the boughs of one particularly leafy tree, a grinning figure waited for him to pass beneath. Miura Kin (for it was she), tensed in anticipation. This was going to be the most ambitious leaping tackle-hug that she'd ever attempted...

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks around as he tries to find the two superheroines in training. He walks underneath Kin's tree as he says, "where are they? Did they decide not to come? I hope not, I was really liking hanging out with them. Would suck if I drove em off."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin could contain herself no longer.

"Emergency friendship hug!"

In that moment, Crocell was given incontrovertible proof that his worries of being alone were groundless; Said proof came in the form of an extremely affectionate girl landing on his back at high velocity. As soon as contact was made, Kin wrapped her arms and legs around the target, and snuggled for all she was worth. She also braced for a possible face-full of grass, just in case Crocell (for some bizarre reason) happened to lose his balance. But whether he stayed standing or not, he would find himself utterly ensnared by all four of Kin's limbs.

"Begone, evil forces of angst! Leave this poor boy at once!"

14. - Top - End - #404

During the ambush of Crocell, a girl happened to be nearby, though out of his sight. She had known of Kin's plan. At least, the basics of it. Coming from the tree was a nice touch. She'd have to compliment Kin on that later.

So, Krystal let out a loud laugh when Kin attacked, for the whole thing was funny. Also, pictures were taken with her phone. Because, in all honesty, how could you not take pictures of such an event?

Extra pictures if the pair happen to fall on the grass.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell managed to stay upright. Better yet he was standing ramrod straight in response to the...rather seemingly intimate full body hug. If anyone were to see him, they would see that his face was as red as a lobster, and almost seeming to be ejecting steam from his ears. The swirls on that appeared in his eyes the other day, seem to be making a prolongs appearance as he says, "K-K-K-K-K-Kin-chan!!! G-G-Good to see you." Being that red cannot be good for his heath.

16. - Top - End - #406

Hajime

"Could it not be a combination of both Master?" He asked, the blankness in his voice not overridden by his questioning tone. His face is a slate of iron, unmoving and unbreakable, so sturdy and together that he is the complete opposite of her in this moment. The hair annoyed Master, the hair was gone. Master was in trouble, he would attend to her.

"It is not that hard to enroll in school Master, it takes barely a few minutes when you have papers like these," he said, offering out the papers in his hand.

If Moroe decided to take them, she'd immediately understand why. They were Souji's old ones, even if Shizuo Shiki was not Fuschichou Souji, Souji still had a rather impressive list of accomplishments - ones that any school would kill to have.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo nodded, clearing away the fog of his previous thoughts and turning a heel to face the road home.

"Alright. Let us go, then."

Shougo then almost stepped into a lunge, ready to sprint off as quickly as he could before realising that he had two people with him. Tobio might be able to keep up if he had his rollerskates on, but Yua was very unlikely to be able to match their pace. He really had been working on his psychic power intensely, and his inconsideration towards his guests-to-be almost sent a surge of red-hot shame directly to his face.

Coughing slightly, Shougo then stepped into a more moderate pace as he headed on the path towards home. His mother would probably be surprised that he had brought two guests home today; he only hoped that he would not have inconvenienced her too much.

((OOC: Did any of you have anything planned on the trip to Shougos' place?))

Shougos led them on a short walk of some fifteen minutes, twisting and coiling around the streets of District Six before arriving at what was apparently his house. Yua might have been a little taken aback; Shougos' house was a throwback to the Edo period some 150 years prior, a plaster-and-wood dojo of an affair. Amongst the modern architecture of Academy City, Shougos' house looked jarringly out-of-place.

Opening the front door with a quiet 'Tadaima', Shougo was greeted by his mother, hard at work restoring and cleaning their house, a task long neglected since her husbands' death a month prior. To his surprise, she quickly slipped a letter into his hands.

"Good afternoon, Shougo-kun, Ishida-kun, and...Ah? I don't believe we've met before. Regardless, welcome to our humble home. Sorry about the mess."

Shougo turned the letter over and over in his hands, curious as to its' contents. Before he opened the letter, his mother looked around semi-cautiously before speaking to him.

"A man in uniform dropped by earlier today. He looked ...Important. Said it was specifically for you. He looked a little annoyed, for some reason."

Shougo opened the letter suspiciously before pulling out the letter contained within. What he saw inside caused his jaw to drop in surprise, turning momentarily to face his compatriots before facing his mother again.

"Mother, are you sure they meant ... Me?"

"Yes. They said it was specifically for you, Nimori Shougo. Why? What's in it?"

Shougo held the letter up for everybody to see.

'To: Mr Nimori Shougo, you have been selected as part of the trial for the first Academy City Psychic Paramilitary Unit...'

The letter went on to describe how he was part of the first group of potential recruits, about what the job apparently entailed (protecting and serving Academy City; serving as part of Academy Citys' first line of defense against foreign incursion in the future, handling delicate, dangerous situations beyond the abilities of Anti-Skill, etc), and about how selective this first group of entrants were-A mere hundred strong. It also listed the prospective benefits.

There were quite a few.

Not only would Academy City pay off all future educational and medical fees, and not only was this a job that could potentially land Shougo in an extremely influential position in the future, the paychecks they were offering right now were quite considerable-Somewhere in the excess of 400,000 yen monthly. That much would allow the Nimoris to live quite comfortably, and Shougo appeared to be well aware of this.

All this, combined with the chance to truly be a defender of Academy City and justice, left Shougo virtually brimming with excitement, his normally stoic demeanour visibly crumbling in front of Tobio and Yua. It would have been clear that Shougo was fully intent on accepting the invitation.

If Moroe were there, she would have instantaneously known that it was too good to be true. The whole thing simply reeked of Dark Side; Academy City never gave out anything for free, after all, and the simple fact that it mentioned 'Paramilitary'.... Unfortunately, she was not there.

And Shougo was about to get his first taste of Academy Citys' Dark Side.

On their way out of an exhausting day at Tokiwadai, Ina glanced sidewards at Kasai, silent until they passed a corner where there was just the two of them. She had been meaning to ask this for awhile, to be honest.

"Hey, Kasai-chan. Why do you seem to trust me in particular so much, yeah? It doesn't make sense, you going through all the effort to not only save me from an arrest, yeah, but to do all this, too..."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-09-09 at 08:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    On their way out of an exhausting day at Tokiwadai, Ina glanced sidewards at Kasai, silent until they passed a corner where there was just the two of them. She had been meaning to ask this for awhile, to be honest.

"Hey, Kasai-chan. Why do you seem to trust me in particular so much, yeah? It doesn't make sense, you going through all the effort to not only save me from an arrest, yeah, but to do all this, too..."
    Kasai was quiet for a moment, staring off at nothing in particular, clearly considering her answer.

"...Because you seem like a good person, I guess. You didn't deserve to get arrested for someone else's crimes. And then once I'd told you, it didn't seem right to leave you to figure everything out on your own.

Besides, I like you. I probably would have invited you over at some point anyway, so that wasn't any trouble to do that, and getting you into Tokiwadai was fun, besides being easy enough, since I didn't have to actually do anything."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell managed to stay upright. Better yet he was standing ramrod straight in response to the...rather seemingly intimate full body hug. If anyone were to see him, they would see that his face was as red as a lobster, and almost seeming to be ejecting steam from his ears. The swirls on that appeared in his eyes the other day, seem to be making a prolongs appearance as he says, "K-K-K-K-K-Kin-chan!!! G-G-Good to see you." Being that red cannot be good for his heath.
    Unfortunately for Crocell, he was caught in a vicious cycle. The more embarrassed he got, the warmer he got; And the warmer he got, the more Kin snuggled.

"Feeling a little insecure, are we? That's a shame. Fortunately, Miura-sensei is here to assuage your worries. You have most certainly not been ditched, Shiota-san. And should such thoughts ever trouble you again, just banish them with one of the many, many photos of this moment."

Kin took a moment to count the growing crowd of people who had stopped to take pictures of the scene. Apparently leaping tackle-hugs were quite popular around these parts. She was quite touched to know that this gesture of goodwill would be preserved in the phones, computers and websites of so many others.

"Hey, do you see anyone you know? If some of your friends from school are here, we can ask them for copies!"

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio followed Shougo back to the Nimori dojo, slowing his skating speed so that Yua could keep up. Aside from seeing a few classmates nothing of much interest to Tobio happened on the way there. Upon arriving Tobio gave a low bow and a shy 'Ohaiyo' before. When Shougo read his letter and after the shock of what it was read it out loud Tobio smiled and walked up to Shougo and pats him on the shoulder. "Congratulations. You have been getting much better with your power Shougo-san. Maybe they finally noticed your talent? Still I have to admit it sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I could join, but they probably wouldn't want someone like me their. As far as their concerned I was probably lucky to make Judgement.

Your going to do great Shougo-san I know it."

Tobio truthfully was a little envious of Shougo. A chance to really prove himself and to be better able to help protect the city. However he would not let Shougo see that. He did not want to ruin his friends opportunity. Plus he knew that if there was anyone who deserved this it was Shougo.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Crocell was highly embarressed about the pictures and would usually not appreciate the phototakers and the person who caused such a scene. However he was a little too blissed out to care. Sure he was not happy about someone with his reputation having pictures like this taken, but then again at the moment he really couldn't care less. Kin's words did have a effect in knowing that he was probably stuck with her, come to think of it Krystal probably was too. Knowing that he found that he just didn't care about his reputation as much as usual.

Plus now that he thought about it. He just didn't care what shoe losers and uptight snobbs up a Azabu think of him. Let them call him what they want, and if they tried to get physical they would quickly find themselves knocked flat on their backs. While still a boiling lobster red Crocell took the time to spit out, "T-T-T-Thank you Kin-chan. I really appreciate this. I-I-I also appreciate your friendship. So...if I ever say anything stupid. If I ever seem to give any hint of not thinking that always remember today. Because honestly? I would say this is one of if not the best day in my life. So always remember that, okay? That goes for Krystal too."

With that Crocell steadily tries to regain his moter controls and shakily walks over to where he can see Krystal.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

There was a pause. Unseen by Crocell, Kin's expression became a lot more serious.

"I shall. I'll remember."

The reply was a very solemn one. Given the situation, such tones might have seemed ridiculous. But Kin recognised the weight behind Crocell's words. She knew that she was being given a rare glimpse of the man behind the mask. Such moments were precious; She treasured every one of them.

Right now, she also treasured the insane body heat radiating from Crocell. Seriously, she was starting to sweat. Just how much warmer could he get?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hajime

"Could it not be a combination of both Master?" He asked, the blankness in his voice not overridden by his questioning tone. His face is a slate of iron, unmoving and unbreakable, so sturdy and together that he is the complete opposite of her in this moment. The hair annoyed Master, the hair was gone. Master was in trouble, he would attend to her.

"It is not that hard to enroll in school Master, it takes barely a few minutes when you have papers like these," he said, offering out the papers in his hand.

If Moroe decided to take them, she'd immediately understand why. They were Souji's old ones, even if Shizuo Shiki was not Fuschichou Souji, Souji still had a rather impressive list of accomplishments - ones that any school would kill to have.
    Moroe's confusion only grew as she perused the papers.

"But how do these still work? And why doesn't the school notice that-You know what? Never mind. That's not important right now."

What was important was dealing with the meteor of complications that had just slammed into her school life. Of course, she could 'solve' this problem instantly by just telling Hajime to forget the whole idea; Maybe that's exactly what she would have done, back when she'd thought his devotion to her was a 'bug'. She simply hadn't understood what it felt like to care about someone that much. Now that she did, the idea of purging those feelings from Hajime seemed abhorrent. If he wanted to spend more time with the person who mattered the most to him, then she wouldn't stand in his way; Well, so long as he could get his brain around a few new concepts.

"Okay, Hajime. You can go to school with me...provided you treat me as an equal while we're in public. No more calling me 'Master'; I'm to be 'Ishimaru-san'. In school, we'll just be two fellow students, neither above or below the other. Are we clear on that point?"

22. - Top - End - #412

Kin should know that Krystal would be more than willing to share the pictures she was getting. She grins as she gets some good shots.

Now, she isn't close enough to hear what Crocell is saying to Kin, but she can tell it's something of a serious subject from both of their expressions. She decides to ask Kin about it later.

And then she notices Kin's sweating. And remembers Crocell's abilities. And hopes Kin's are under her control.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell managed to get over to where Krystal was and, yeah Crocell was burning. However Kin wasn't getting hurt. If anything the heat was more like something you would encounter in a sauna. It was also making her muscles relax in wonderful ways. When he finally gets close enough to Krystal even she starts to feel it.

Crocell still had a blush which was seeming to spread instead of receed. Crocell's neck is the same color as his face, and you think you can see the backs of his hands beginning to change color as well. "O-Ohayo K-Krystal. Ready to see walk my patrol route?"

24. - Top - End - #414

Krystal stifles a chuckle as she watches Crocell work his way over. She regains her composure and nods.

Yep. Ready to go.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods as he says, "Okay then, Lets get going then." He leads the way as he pulls at the collar of his outfit. You think that you actually see steam rise from where the collar separates from the skin. Well at the least his blush has finally spread to just about every visible part on his body, plus he isn't getting any warmer. Though Kin will be a little cold when she eventually has to separate from him.

(Okay then, for this patrol I was thinking that Crocell would run into some Skill-Out gangsters of the Jaguar variety. Does anyone want to control them, or should I?)

26. - Top - End - #416

Krystal smiles to herself a little as she sees Crocell's red hands. Sure, it may be mean, but the whole scenario amused her a little.

She'll follow Crocell to wherever he leads.

(Sounds good to me. I'm not that great at controlling enemies, so I would say one of you two should do it.)

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #417
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo caught Tobios' reaction out of the corner of his eye and immediately berated himself for his insensitivity. It was most likely a stroke of dumb luck or a fluke that he had been chosen; after all, he was a virtual nobody compared to somebody like Tobio. He did poorly at school, had no influential contacts to speak of and was not particularly active socially. He was not part of Judgement, and he certainly wasn't the most powerful Esper out there. True, Shougo ceded, his physical fitness and martial skill were probably significantly above the average student, but that alone shouldn't have been enough to qualify him as part of the one hundred.

Biting back a surge of shame, Shougo murmured a consolation to Tobio. In all likeliness, it was probably too quiet for Tobio to really make out what he had said.

He wished he could turn it down, this offer of greatness; but he could not. It was not merely a matter of honor and pride-His family needed the money. Of course, his mother could work, but Shougo had been raised on traditional values. This 'job', so to speak, was simply too good to turn down. In one stroke, it would solve so many of the problems that were quickly bearing down upon them.

A short, awkward silence later, and Shougo coughed.

"Thank you, Ishida-san. I still do not know why they chose me, and not you when you are so much more capable than I. Perhaps you will be included in the future? I am merely part of the trial, after all.

I...I will not lie. This is good news, and I fully intend on accepting this offer. I will do my best to make everyone proud and to serve Academy City as a servant of law and justice in the future.
    "

Shougo bowed deeply, a shaky confidence in himself beginning to grow. His mother sighed and pressed her hands together.

"Oh, Shougo-kun. You already have."

Shougo responded by nodding, still a little overcome with emotion, before changing the topic.

"Thank you, mother. Speaking of which...Are you two hungry? Would you like some tea before our practice?"

Ina sighed gratefully.

"So there really are good people out there, yeah. I knew my mother was wrong. It's just that I, you know, never expected them to really take notice of me, yeah. I'm a nobody, you know? But you still stick up for me."

She then smiled at Kasai, honestly happy.

"Thanks. Maybe when I'm rich and awesome and talented like you, in the future, I'll be able to pay you back in full, yeah?"

She gave a little laugh, mimicking a haughty 'ojou-sama' she had seen earlier today (much to the latters' ire).

"Well, what're we gonna do now, Kasai-chan? The weekend's about to begin!"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-09-10 at 11:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he says, "Yeah, some tea sounds really good right now. As a matter of fact after practice why don't Mrs.Nimori and I cook up something special. If you need any ingredients Mrs. Nimori I could run to the market for you. After all, it's not everyday that someone becomes a part of the new police force." Tobio smiles as he says this, honestly he really does feel happy for Shougo. This was an opprotunity that would change his life. He was going to make sure he felt at good about it as he possibly could.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Kasai shrugged, reaching over to draw Ina into a gentle hug, returning her smile as she did.

"You're pretty, smart, and fun to hang around with. You hardly seem like a nobody to me. Not that it would really have mattered if you were, but still. Have a little more confidence in yourself.

And you're welcome. Though it's not necessary to pay me back for helping you out. That's what friends do, yeah?

As for what we're going to be doing... Got any nicknames you like? I was thinking about taking you to a club I know, one of the really good unadvertised ones, and you'll probably want to keep things there out of your normal life."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

"Reaadddyyy..."

Those waves of heat were really starting to kick in. Kin felt like every muscle in her body was turning to mush. How had she survived so long in the world outside this hug? How would she survive once it eventually ended? Maybe it didn't have to end at all. Right now, living the rest of her life on Crocell's back seemed like a perfectly reasonable plan. With a smile of supreme contentment, Kin began to lose consciousness. She knew that her power would keep her safely glued to him, even in sleep...