New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Yua remains silent as Tobio and Shougo react to the letter, trying to think of a way to congratulate Shougo.

"Congratulations Shougo-san, these are great news. Tea would be welcome."

Yua says, trying a bit clumsily to reply to both the offer for tea and the news of Shougo's new position.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Crocell led them on his usual route. Despite the fact that he was still blushing like mad (Krystal might think that it is almost permanent) he remains remarkably alert. Then almost an hour into the route his ears pick up a familar sound. The sound of metal meeting flesh.

In an instant Crocell gently jostles Kin as he says, "Kin, wake up. I need you to get down. Something serious is going on." As he says this he starts to pick up his pace out pacing Krystal yet staying in her sight at all times.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-11 at 11:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal manages to keep up with Crocell, her expression becoming more serious by the moment.

She keeps her eyes and ears open for any signs of whatever it is that's got Crocell so focused.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gshanrglhuh?"

Kin blinked sleep away and peered around groggily. If the goopy feeling in her limbs was any indication, she'd been out for a while. Now if only Crocell would stop shaking her, she could enjoy even more blissful unconsciousne-

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    "Kin, wake up. I need you to get down. Something serious is going on."
    Wait. That sounded bad. The urgent command produced a familiar sense of dread in Kin's stomach. She'd always known that this situation would happen sooner or later; That one day someone would need her to move, and she'd have no choice but to say:

"Can't move. Stuck."

She'd tried to warn them. She'd tried to keep her distance. They'd just laughed it off and pulled her back into their arms. Maybe now they'd understand...

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

Mrs Nimori chuckled.

"Already ahead of you, Tobio-kun. I was preparing Udon for both you and Shougo-kun, but it looks like I'll have to make a little more. Please, have some tea, it's on the table. Oh...And I do believe that I have forgotten to introduce myself. Where are my manners? Good afternoon, jou-san. I'm Mrs Nimori Koizumi. It's a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to our humble home."

She then bowed to Yua in a traditional manner and waited for her to reply, before glancing to a picture of her late husband on the wall and sighing quietly to herself. She then shuffled off to the kitchen, the smell of noodles cooking already heavy in the air.

A moment later, Shougo was pouring tea for all of them, his hand still shaking from the immensity of the news he had just received. He squashed his nerves well, however, and his voice did not quaver as he spoke.

"Nakamura-san, my fathers' ninjutsu has two main 'forms'-Regular, and Anti-Esper. Which do you wish to learn first? Anti-Esper differs quite significantly from conventional martial arts, and is intended for use against Espers."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Kasai shrugged, reaching over to draw Ina into a gentle hug, returning her smile as she did.

"You're pretty, smart, and fun to hang around with. You hardly seem like a nobody to me. Not that it would really have mattered if you were, but still. Have a little more confidence in yourself.

And you're welcome. Though it's not necessary to pay me back for helping you out. That's what friends do, yeah?

As for what we're going to be doing... Got any nicknames you like? I was thinking about taking you to a club I know, one of the really good unadvertised ones, and you'll probably want to keep things there out of your normal life."
    ((*Cough* *Cough*))

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Oh. Whoops, sorry!))

Ina laughed and returned the hug, murmuring a brief thanks before pondering Kasais' question.

"Hmmm...Well, what about ...Harunaga Tomoe? And did you say clubs? I love clubs, yeah! Ooh, which one are you thinking about? I probably already-"

Ina cut herself short mid-sentence. Despite her fondness for clubs, she knew it was quite possible that she hadn't been to the one that Kasai was thinking of, which was apparently very good (and Ina was quite happy to take her word for it). After everything that had happened, Kasai showed her just how little she really knew about the city that she had called home for the past three years.

"Actually, don't tell me. I love a surprise, yeah. Tee hee, should we get dressed up for that? I mean, no offense, yeah, but wearing a Tokiwadai uniform, or any uniform for that matter, to a club sorta kills the fun, yeah. Besides, I wanna see you in a dress, Kasai-chan. I bet they look gorgeous on you."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell suddenly takes a turn so sharp that it was a good thing that Kin was already stuck to him as she and Krystal finally get a good look at his face. Before he became friends with them Crocell's face could be described as cute and boyish. His light pink hair did not help his cuteness factor. After they became friends he face held a warmness to it that almost bordered on feminine in nature. However his golden eyes had an almost feral look in them and the way his face was scrunched reminded them of one thing. A predator who only thought was destroy the enemy. "Then I'll make sure that not a single f*cking one of them touches you! I will do my duty. If they hurt you and Krystal however there will be more than hell to pay!"

It was then that Kin would see what had caused Crocell to be in such a rush, a few seconds later Kin would as well. They were staring into an alleyway that was fairly wide. Within it there were three beaten up boys. They were from Azabu. There were a two girls from Tokiwadai as well. However beaten up wasn't quite the correct term for what happened to them. With one boy both his arms were twisted in impossible directions. Another looked to be bleeding from the head severely with a cracked skull. The two girls looked like they had bones jutting out of their arms along with ripped cloths. The last boy had burns all over his face with his eye looking like it had been welded shut.

Standing over them were a group of boys in basic delinquent wear carrying metal bats. One was flicking an old fashioned lighter open and closed as a reflex. Standing as the baddast of them was a girl. She was wearing an Onizuka uniform and held a metal bat as well. Only hers was slightly bent from use and still had blood on it. Blood that she licked off.

Crocell doesn't flinch as he says in a strong and booming voice. "Members of the Jaguar Skill-Out gang! Stand down I am an officer of Judgement. Put your hands in the air and drop your weapons or I will use force to subdue you." Two of the group turn to look at Crocell and the Judgement armband he is wearing. One then says, "Oi, Rynka-chan. We got us another high and mighty esper. Says he's from Judgement."

The punk goth looking girl with magenta hair turns to look boredly at Crocell as she sighs. "And I only had chance to kill one. Kill him and the girls. I still want to have fun!!!!!" Rynka's expression then suddenly turns wild as she holds out her hands and Crocell has a sudden experience of vertigo as he summons fireballs from this hands. 'Sh*t! So it is true. The Jaguar Skill-Out gang has even started to accept rouge espers!'

The boys step menacingly forward toward the group as Crocell desperately tries to regain his balance.

(How was this? I don't have quite as much of a knack for this as Anyr and Terry, but did I do okay?)

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    ((OOC: Oh. Whoops, sorry!))

Ina laughed and returned the hug, murmuring a brief thanks before pondering Kasais' question.

"Hmmm...Well, what about ...Harunaga Tomoe? And did you say clubs? I love clubs, yeah! Ooh, which one are you thinking about? I probably already-"

Ina cut herself short mid-sentence. Despite her fondness for clubs, she knew it was quite possible that she hadn't been to the one that Kasai was thinking of, which was apparently very good (and Ina was quite happy to take her word for it). After everything that had happened, Kasai showed her just how little she really knew about the city that she had called home for the past three years.

"Actually, don't tell me. I love a surprise, yeah. Tee hee, should we get dressed up for that? I mean, no offense, yeah, but wearing a Tokiwadai uniform, or any uniform for that matter, to a club sorta kills the fun, yeah. Besides, I wanna see you in a dress, Kasai-chan. I bet they look gorgeous on you."

"Dressed up works, as does less formal. But we're definitely not going in our uniforms, yes... What sorts of things do you have as far as dressed up goes? No offense, but you don't seem the type to get that way too often, so if you need it, we could make time to get you something good, or you could borrow something of mine.

As for wanting to see me in a dress, I guess I could wear one, yeah. Not quite what I was planning on, but I don't mind.

And Harunaga Tomoe should work fine, if you don't mind that being what you're called by everyone there, and using it at any of the other clubs like that we go to."

10. - Top - End - #430

((Looks good to me.))

The look in Crocell's eyes unnerves Krystal a little. She definitely hadn't expected that look from him at all.

However, once she sees the scene in the alley, her eyes may be sporting a watered down version of that same look.

Krystal immediately crouches to the side, planning to send out radio waves to contact any Judgement or Anti-Skill personnel she could get a hold of. Then she gets hit with the vertigo effects, which throws her off balance and causes her to lose her concentration.

As she shakes that off, she looks to Crocell, to follow his lead.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell grits his teeth as the boys who were closing in break into a run towards them. "Krystal get out of her range and use your powers to call Judgement or Anti-skill. Tell them it's patrolman Shiota Tsubasa designation 5995." With that he jerks his arms upward as a wall of flame erupts from the ground to hold back the gang. It works for a few seconds and Crocell is able to regain himself before a baseball bat comes flying though the flames and slams into his head making him lose his concentration and sending him stumbling back. The gang advances once more.

12. - Top - End - #432

Krystal quickly nods and pulls herself a little ways away. Around a corner, if she can find one. Once there, she'll crouch down, close her eyes, and start sending her signal out. She goes through a few different frequencies that she is almost certain to be used by the authorities. Anybody she reaches will here the message in her voice.

Given that she's currently using her abilities, she doesn't notice Crocell getting hit.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Moroe's confusion only grew as she perused the papers.

"But how do these still work? And why doesn't the school notice that-You know what? Never mind. That's not important right now."

What was important was dealing with the meteor of complications that had just slammed into her school life. Of course, she could 'solve' this problem instantly by just telling Hajime to forget the whole idea; Maybe that's exactly what she would have done, back when she'd thought his devotion to her was a 'bug'. She simply hadn't understood what it felt like to care about someone that much. Now that she did, the idea of purging those feelings from Hajime seemed abhorrent. If he wanted to spend more time with the person who mattered the most to him, then she wouldn't stand in his way; Well, so long as he could get his brain around a few new concepts.

"Okay, Hajime. You can go to school with me...provided you treat me as an equal while we're in public. No more calling me 'Master'; I'm to be 'Ishimaru-san'. In school, we'll just be two fellow students, neither above or below the other. Are we clear on that point?"
    Hajime did not answer her as she looked through his papers; it should have been obvious.

Adachi would never allow his precious little clones to get away so easily. He would never allow them to use anything he had not designed, and if Moroe had access to one of them... well, then she'd be in his debt. The papers in her hands, they were just another way for Adachi to exert his control over her. With his cackling laugh and flash of silver hair, he was almost the exact opposite of the clone in front of her, with his calm serenity and blissful apathy.

[The streets darkness covered with tears burning sadness no questions no answers why]

...Mostly apathetic nature.

He nodded at her concessions, tilting his head in agreement, his silver eyes staring blankly at her.

"Of course Master."

A pause.

"Ishimaru-san."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri]

Jack enters the establishment and looks around the Menu after taking a seat. He then spots the Sanin Ultra Special China-Sized Mega Burger XL which he had been saving for. Nature called so he used the restroom first. On his way back to his seat someone bumped into him. The one who bumped him apologized and walked off. He started to head for his seat until he noticed his wallet was missing. He turned around and the one who had bumped into him holding his wallet. The thief noticed that the theft was found out and ran.

"Ah! Thief!" He proceeds to run after the thief. The chase went on for awhile even passing through the gates of Onizuka Middle school.

(Fixed)
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji had been walking for a while now. He was mostly in thought about all the strange occurances that had been happening lately. It was a few minutes later that he was bumped into by a person running by. Brought out of his reverie he looks up to see someone running like the cops were after them. Not even second later another person ran by saying "Thief!"

With a small amused sigh he reaches into his pockets and pulls out a handful of large yen coins. He throws three of them forward though the air towards the fleeing thief. The coins after being thrown would accelerate to high speeds, slamming into the top of the fleeing thief's back to hopefully knock him head over heels.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Pixie in the Playground

[Streets]

The thief not expecting that will be knocked down and drops the wallet. The thief somehow recovers pretty fast and turns to a corner. Jack grabs his wallet and gives up on the thief. He then turns to Ryuji.

Thanks for the help, my name is Jack, you are? Jack wonders what kind of ability the guy used.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji bows with flourish as he says, "Azabu's Gilded Prince and lover of women Ryuji Matsuda at your service. Although I must say that I am happy that I was able to help. You should keep a tighter hold on your belongings though.

With a showy flick of his hand Ryuji levitates the coin to return them to his pocket.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

[Streets]

"I'll take note of that." Azabu, he thought. A prestigious school. This guy seems to have everything. "Anyway, I'm not sure if You'd go to Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri but if you want I can treat you to a meal, you know just my way of saying thanks."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji looked at Jack as he strokes his chin looking thoughtful. A few seconds later he nods as he says, "Sure, I was just walking around anyways. Besides I haven't had anything greasy for a while now." running a hand through his hair he gives a bow indicating Jack to lead the way.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

Jacks leads the way back to Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri. Over there Jack will take a seat and order a normal meal as opposed to the giant burger. He'll reserve buying that for when he is alone. Jack will let Ryuji order his food before commencing small talk.

"So, about those coins back there, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that move before."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji takes a bite of of his greasy hamburger and waits until his finishes chewing and swallows before he replies. "Oh that? That was just me using Metallokinesis to move them. No big deal. If you want the technical explanation, I can mentally manipulate and affect all metals. I can increase or decrease their density, turn them into a liquid form, repair or break metal objects, affect/change their conductivity. I can also use metal to form weapons or armor, for example I could turn a lightpost into a sword or a manhole cover into a shield. I can even fuse metals should I choose to do so."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Pixie in the Playground

"I guess there are all kinds. I guess being in Academy City I shouldn't be too surprised that ability users like me are commonplace.... Oh sorry its just that I got sent here recently. Anyway I have an ability too, want to see?" Jack mixes his viand on to the rice and uses a spoon and fork in contrast to chopsticks.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji nods as he says, "Sure. I mean, there are so many abilities in Academy City that it would be intresting to see a new one. Some powers are completely different and yet the perform the same basic function." He takes a sip of soda before returning to his hamburger.

As he does so a waitress comes by asking if they would like anything else. "I would like some more soda if all possible. However I'm sure that smile from you would have similar effect," he says with a wink. This causes the waitress to blush a pretty pink as she goes to retrieve him a refill.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside a seemingly abandoned warehouse, a ragged figure stood. His patched clothes and unshaven face fit in perfectly with the decaying district around him. Despite the fact that it was late afternoon, he looked for all the world as if he'd just got out of bed. Only the expensive green visor covering his eyes hinted that he was anything more than a simple vagrant. With a walk which made every step seem like a major inconvenience, he approached the building.

"This had better be good."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    He nodded at her concessions, tilting his head in agreement, his silver eyes staring blankly at her.

"Of course Master."

A pause.

"Ishimaru-san."
    Moroe shot Hajime a sceptical frown. That had been too easy. She'd expected this command to cause a few 'does not compute' errors in his Moroecentric brain. Granted, he was only being asked to treat (not think of) her as an equal; Maybe he had some sort of protocol for that.

"Stop it! He's human! H-U-M-A-N!"

Yes, that was right. Hajime was a living, breathing human being. Of course he was going to surprise her sometimes. It still gave her comfort to think of him as a simple creature, whose actions were easily predictable. Hopefully that fantasy would fade away as she spent more time with him.

"...Then we have an agreement. Let's go home and check on the girl."

Now there was another unpredictable human being. What had possessed that child to dismiss her best bodyguard (and 'oniichan'), barely a day after being kidnapped? Now all she had were a few automated drones. Spending a whole weekend with these two was going to be quite an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell suddenly takes a turn so sharp that it was a good thing that Kin was already stuck to him as she and Krystal finally get a good look at his face. Before he became friends with them Crocell's face could be described as cute and boyish. His light pink hair did not help his cuteness factor. After they became friends he face held a warmness to it that almost bordered on feminine in nature. However his golden eyes had an almost feral look in them and the way his face was scrunched reminded them of one thing. A predator who only thought was destroy the enemy. "Then I'll make sure that not a single f*cking one of them touches you! I will do my duty. If they hurt you and Krystal however there will be more than hell to pay!"

It was then that Kin would see what had caused Crocell to be in such a rush, a few seconds later Kin would as well. They were staring into an alleyway that was fairly wide. Within it there were three beaten up boys. They were from Azabu. There were a two girls from Tokiwadai as well. However beaten up wasn't quite the correct term for what happened to them. With one boy both his arms were twisted in impossible directions. Another looked to be bleeding from the head severely with a cracked skull. The two girls looked like they had bones jutting out of their arms along with ripped cloths. The last boy had burns all over his face with his eye looking like it had been welded shut.

Standing over them were a group of boys in basic delinquent wear carrying metal bats. One was flicking an old fashioned lighter open and closed as a reflex. Standing as the baddast of them was a girl. She was wearing an Onizuka uniform and held a metal bat as well. Only hers was slightly bent from use and still had blood on it. Blood that she licked off.

Crocell doesn't flinch as he says in a strong and booming voice. "Members of the Jaguar Skill-Out gang! Stand down I am an officer of Judgement. Put your hands in the air and drop your weapons or I will use force to subdue you." Two of the group turn to look at Crocell and the Judgement armband he is wearing. One then says, "Oi, Rynka-chan. We got us another high and mighty esper. Says he's from Judgement."

The punk goth looking girl with magenta hair turns to look boredly at Crocell as she sighs. "And I only had chance to kill one. Kill him and the girls. I still want to have fun!!!!!" Rynka's expression then suddenly turns wild as she holds out her hands and Crocell has a sudden experience of vertigo as he summons fireballs from this hands. 'Sh*t! So it is true. The Jaguar Skill-Out gang has even started to accept rouge espers!'

The boys step menacingly forward toward the group as Crocell desperately tries to regain his balance.
    "Wha...Wha...What..."

Kin fought back the urge to vomit. Nothing in her life had prepared her for a scene like this. All those bodies, with their limbs twiste-Oh Kami, she knew one of those girls. They'd sewn a quilt together! And now she was...was...

She needed to help. She needed to do something to stop this heinous crime. She needed to let go of Crocell so that he could fight at full power. But no matter how hard she pleaded, her power refused to release her. For all her efforts, she was nothing more than dead weight.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-13 at 11:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Something tells Jack that this guy is like this all the time. "All right then, here I go." He put his hand on an unused, porcelain plate then picked it up. He then started to stretch the plate like a rubber-band. He returns the plate back into its original shape. Grabbing a tissue in his hand he shaped it into a fork then used it to eat some meat off his plate. The tissue is still in shape. Lastly he took out a 10 yen coin and dropped it on the table and it shattered like glass. "My power is manipulating the physical properties of matter. Like elasticity, hardness, toughness, malleability etc. I have touch what I'm changing properties though. " Jack cleans up the small mess he made.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji taps his fingers against his chin in a contemplative manner, however his eyes are shining with astonishment. "Amazing, simply amazing. Well that most certainly is a rather interesting power you have their. It seems like it could have many applications if you have a good imagination."

The waitress came back with Ryuji's refill and got a dazzling smile for her troubles. As she leaves with yet another blush he turns back and says, "So which school are you going to be attending?"
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Crocell tried desperately to rid himself of the pounding in his head, hopefully his skull wasn't cracked, as he watches at the gangsters close in once more. Focusing as hard as he can he reaches out with his hands and takes aim. The gangsters stop and back up a bit in case Crocell tries something as he is hit once more with a wave of vertigo, stronger than the last. Knowing that if he does not pull this off Kin would be in danger he pushes through as takes aim...and blows up the lighter that was held by one of the boys. The one holding it definitely just lost a hand while the others who were next to him received second degree burns.

Crocell then proceeded to stumble back as he fell to one knee his body desperately wanting to evacuate the contents of his stomach.

Meanwhile with Krystal Anti-Skill receives her call and tells her help is on the way.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

"My parents wanted me to attend your school but I didn't think I'd fit in there, since the teachers work the students to bones. I'm going to Onizuka since it is less strict and lax, so I can enjoy. School time will be a zap since I'm pretty good in my academics." Jack looks proud of that. "What do you do out of school Ryuji-san? I haven't found anything nice to tinker with yet in the city...." Looks like Jack doesn't have anything to do outside of school.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji runs his fingers through his hair as he laughs in a slightly embarrassed manner. "Well my mom is a seamstress and owns her own shop. So sometimes when she needs my help I work there. As for hobby's I love playing the saxophone and violin. I'm a dab hand at cooking as well. I also play a few sports but only for fun and not competitively."

Drinking more of his soda Ryuji is almost done with his hamburger. He internally debates on whether he should get another one or not. He decides not to as his mother was making dinner today instead of going out. Today was their Mother-Son Movie Night.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Mrs Nimori chuckled.

"Already ahead of you, Tobio-kun. I was preparing Udon for both you and Shougo-kun, but it looks like I'll have to make a little more. Please, have some tea, it's on the table. Oh...And I do believe that I have forgotten to introduce myself. Where are my manners? Good afternoon, jou-san. I'm Mrs Nimori Koizumi. It's a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to our humble home."

She then bowed to Yua in a traditional manner and waited for her to reply, before glancing to a picture of her late husband on the wall and sighing quietly to herself. She then shuffled off to the kitchen, the smell of noodles cooking already heavy in the air.

A moment later, Shougo was pouring tea for all of them, his hand still shaking from the immensity of the news he had just received. He squashed his nerves well, however, and his voice did not quaver as he spoke.

"Nakamura-san, my fathers' ninjutsu has two main 'forms'-Regular, and Anti-Esper. Which do you wish to learn first? Anti-Esper differs quite significantly from conventional martial arts, and is intended for use against Espers."
    Yua returns the bow and formalities as politely as possible, seemingly not noticing the sigh or glance.

"It is a great honour to meet you as well, Mrs. Nimori. Thank you."

Standing back up, Yua accepts the tea from Shougo. Seemingly a bit unsure of what to answer, Yua attempts to keep the polite tone.

"I am unsure, I have not ever sought to learn the nature of martial arts. I al-I have never needed to fight."

As Yua stumbles over the explanation, the monotone breaks just a bit. A glimmer of something hinting through. Nervousness, perhaps?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #450

Krystal is relieved that an Anti-Skill group answered. She confirms their location, then disconnects. When she opens her eyes again, she sees the ruffians gathering around Crocell. And she sees the lighter explode.

She remembers some things she read a couple of nights ago, and takes a moment to pick the right frequency. Then she aims both hands at the attackers and starts sending microwaves at them. Seeking to heat up various parts of the body enough to cause pain. Maybe even first degree burns. She doesn't want to do more damage than that, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS