New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

As the pair of assassins swing by for another pass, expecting another attempt to dodge, Katashi shotguns them with spare change, and the sudden change in tactics catches the two off guard. Unable to dodge, they can only watch-as the projectiles rapidly decelerate, impacting vital areas with rather anemic force as the ones aimed at SURTR melt on skin contact and the ones aimed at YMIR shatter like dropped ice when they touch flesh. However, the assault isn't without a visible effect: they let loose simultaneous grunts of exertion as flame and frost both flare with energy. The two aberrants look at each other.

"Oops. I think we're busted."
    "I'd say that gives it away, yes. I knew we should have stuck to fireballs and ice blasts."
    "You always say that. You have no imagination."
    "I say that because it works. Well, we better kill him now."

YMIR drops to the floor and raises a hand above it's head, making a sharp wiping motion, the air near the ceiling condensing into a thick fog as its component gasses start to liquify, heralding an impending rain of near-absolute zero liquids. SURTR flickers to the far wall, takes deep breath and braces against the concrete, stabilizing itself while white-hot ash spills from its mouth, ready to erupt in a cone of lethal flame.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    It took only 4 minutes for Anti-Skill to show up. It was obvious they were agitated with the fact that the Jaguars got away but they were more concerned with the Espers. Two men helped up the two of the injured boys strechers while two female officers gingerly helped the to girls onto their feet. As they headed towards the Anti-Skill vehicle for transport to a hospital two more officers moved forward. A stern looking Chinese woman with short black hair moved to question them while a Japanese man with tan skin and plum colored hair check the boy with the cracked skull's pulse before shaking his head sadly and talking into his radio.

The woman looked at the three gathered Espers as she said, "Judgement Officer Shiota Tsubasa, Officer Lei Fang, you did a good job here. While it is frustrating that the Jaguars were able to get away you performed your first and foremost duty to protect the citizens of Academy City."

Crocell nods his head stiffly before he speaks, "Thank you for the praise ma'am, but there was a casualty." He looks past the woman to the boy on the ground who was now being covered by a white blanket.

The woman shakes her as she says, "It is unfortunate however as you stopped this attack the Jaguars were unable to finish what they intended to do. 4 Espers owe you their lives. Though I do have to ask, why are you being accompanied by civilians?"

Crocell shakes his head as he says, "An unfortuante circumstance. My friend on my back has a kind of adhesive power. While I was traveling with them I did not intend for them to get involved in this. However my friend's power is not under her total control. She is of this moment stuck to me."

Lei Fand turns to look at the two girls as she says, "Is this true?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "Y-Y-Yes."

Kin would have given a lot to swap powers with Yua right now. She just wanted to disappear until this horrible situation blew over. In the past few minutes she'd been assaulted by guilt, fear, horror, sickness and (as of now) deep personal shame. The hero who'd saved four lives today didn't deserve a burden like her.
    Krystal, with her now nasty vest in hand, turns to the officers and nods.

Yes ma'am.

If one of these officers were the one that answered her radio call, they'd recognize her voice.

Krystal can tell from her expression that Kin was feeling bad. She made a mental note to stay with her as long as she could today and try to cheer her up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo had no time to focus on anything but Tobio. Every blow, every attempted grapple-Tobio, while not capable of defending against every single blow, was capable of holding his own to an extent. And this was with him using his psychic power! Shougo was impressed; inspired, even. Still, it looked like he was beginning to be worn down-Shougo noted the dropping of his left arm and swiftly moved to capitalise on that, bounding off the wall and charging in with a swift reverse roundhouse kick to the head.

And promptly slipped on the thin sheet of ice that Tobio had created on the mats. He attempted to leap to his feet as quickly as he could, but the unexpected change in velocity meant that he failed, slamming into a wall as he slid on the ground. Then Tobios' kick came; and reflexively, Shougo parried it and slipped it into a position where he could dislocate his knee with a single push. With his power, he would theoretically be able to shatter Tobios' kneecap with the gentlest of touches.

But it would not stop him from dying right there if the match had been serious. He was on his back, unable to move, and Tobio could have outright killed him with his psychic power before he was able to react.

He had lost.

Releasing Tobios' leg, Shougo stood to his feet and bowed respectfully.

"Your victory, Ishida-san. I am still no match for you."

With a long, slow exhalation as he regained the full use of his senses, Shougo noted Yuas' presence. For a moment there, it felt like it was just him and Tobio in the room. There was that curious effect about her; Shougo prided himself on the keenness of his senses, and it was hard to really focus on Yua-It was as though his mind was unconsciously trying to divert his attention from her. It was definitely not natural, he decided, and after a brief struggle with his sense of propriety, Shougo opened his mouth.

"My apologies, Nakamura-san. I hope we did not frighten you...It was not our intention. Also...Nakamura-san, if you are an Esper, does your psychic power have something to do with being noticed? O..Of course, I do not mean to pry, it is just that ..."

He then paused, unable to phrase it in a polite manner.

__________________________________________________ _______________

When Jack returned home and checked his email, he would have received a letter from Academy Citys' Board of Directors; it was titled 'You have been selected as a potential member for the new Academy City Psychic Paramilitary Unit'. Much like Shougos' letter, it detailed a long list of benefits and what the job entailed-It also had a return letter to confirm the decision one made on deciding whether or not to enlist. Apparently, the first trial would begin next Monday-Right after school ended. It also listed the address of the training grounds (a large complex in District Nineteen) with instructions on how to get there.

The same was true for Crocell-His inbox would have contained this strange message (which apparently had the Boards' seal of approval on it). From the looks of things, it was a 'job offer' which promised endless adventure, glory and excitement (as well as a very considerable amount of cash).

Kasais' inbox, however, was slightly different. Her inbox would have contained an email which was apparently a recruitment for a 'Power Development' program; one which could quite potentially bring her up to Level Five. It, like the others, also offered quite a considerable monetary compensation as well as officially noting her name down for future partnerships with themselves and associate, at home and abroad, should she choose to participate.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh... Ina, you mind coming and taking a look at something?", Kasai called, sounding pleased, but also somewhat perplexed, for as far as she knew, she had done nothing in particular to come to the attention of the Board, unless this was being sent out to all Level Fours, or Mei had said something she shouldn't have, and it had gotten out that she had been helping Astraphobia.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio was panting when Shougo released his leg. Helping Shougo to his feet Tobio bowed gracefully as he said, "It was a good spar Shougo-san. It it had went on any longer I would have lost for sure. As it stands I'm going to need a full body icepack. I still have a lot to learn." Noting Shougo's line of thought by what he was saying to Yua Tobio puts his own two cents in.

"I-I was actually w-wondering that myself Y-Yua-san. Sometimes i-it feels l-like I have a h-hard time k-keeping my eyes on y-you or r-remembering your t-there. Like Shougo-san s-said, if it t-too personal y-you don't have to a-answer"

Lei Fang nods her head as she says to Krystal, "Now I recognize you. Your the one who contacted us. Well Officer Shiota it seems like you managed to make the most of the situation."

Looking at Kin she and noting her body language and facial expression says, "As for you young lady I hope you remain aware of how a lack of control can be dangerous. However beating yourself up about today will do nothing but allow you to pity yourself. Taking what happened today and an example and a reason to improve yourself would be of better use would it not?

After all I think that would be a good way to repay the young lad, not making him feel guilty about getting you involved. Just a note, I don't know Officer Shiota that well, but I do know enough about him from his profile to know that if he is allowing you to ride on his back that he must care a great deal about you. Pitying yourself wouldn't make him feel very good now would it?"

With those words Lei Fang leaves with Crocell grinding his teeth as she does so. With the body covered they lift the corpse to be carried away. Crocell looks back at Kin as best he can as he says, "Sorry you had to see all that. I was hoping that it would be something small. I didn't want Jaguars to be the first thing you experience about criminals. Also don't take anything Lei Fang said to personally or seriously. She doesn't know me very well but I've heard enough about her to know that she's a meddler. You take this at your own pace Kin, just know that I'm still here, and so is Krystal."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Yua embarrassedly tries to wave off the concern, popping a bit more into the Awareness of the two martial artists.

"It's not personal in the least, it is merely what Awareness Control does. I understand that it's not as notable as many others, but feel free to ask."

Making sure that it was not too difficult to notice her, Yua briefly ponders if there would be an easy way to demonstrate the power. Unfortunately, if there is one, Yua does not recall or wish to use it in the midst of explaining. Continuing, Yua keeps a polite and smiling tone.

"I affect the level of which I am notable to those around me, but I cannot entirely disappear and I believe mirrors and pictures are not affected. I can turn Awareness Control both down and up, but I... I don't like turning it up."

Pausing, Yua suddenly seems to realise something and hurriedly continues with a tone of apology. Bowing as well.

"S-Sorry, I did not think about warning you of my power. It is not always intentional that I use it, but I should not affect your minds without proper permission."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

{OOC: Apologies for the delay.}

Watanabe Katashi didn't understand. A minute ago, he'd been casually slouching his way through the world, taking life as it came. There had been no problems anywhere on the horizon, aside from that portal guy taking too long to show up. But now, all of a sudden, he was in danger? How had that happened? Those two seemingly harmless chuckleheads had somehow managed to become a genuine threat to his life. While his face remained placid, Katashi was starting to get worried. He didn't see an easy way out of this situation.

If only there had been some warning! Some sign that he was walking into a trap. But alas, the enemy had given no hint of anything amiss until it was too late. How cunning. Now that he was cornered, Katashi had no choice but to try something risky; Not that that would be obvious, given the supremely unruffled facade he continued to project.

"That really is a great trick; But going by those cracks I made, it's already at its limit. Sorry fellas, but I don't think it's gonna hold up when I get serious. Playtime is officially over!"

Katashi didn't like using too much power at once. Past a certain point, each attack came with a time lag before another could be used. During that brief window of powerlessness, even a common sniper would have no trouble putting a bullet through his skull. So if the massive, all-consuming shockwave he was about to summon failed to wipe out the chuckle brothers and their master (along with a good portion of the building itself), there was a good chance that he was going to die.

But hey, at least it would be really, really cool.

...Crocell looks back at Kin as best he can as he says, "Sorry you had to see all that. I was hoping that it would be something small. I didn't want Jaguars to be the first thing you experience about criminals. Also don't take anything Lei Fang said to personally or seriously. She doesn't know me very well but I've heard enough about her to know that she's a meddler. You take this at your own pace Kin, just know that I'm still here, and so is Krystal."
    "'Own pace', huh? You might not be feeling that way in a few hours. I mean, what are we supposed to do now? There's no telling how long you'll have to carry me around like this."

Kin hoped that poor Crocell's strength would hold out until she could free herself. Every passing minute seemed to bring a new reason to feel guilty. The officer's words had made her already ailing spirits plummet further. Even the thought of how much she meant to Crocell and Krystal depressed her. If she was so good a friend, why was she being such a (literal) burden to them?
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-22 at 03:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488

Krystal nods to Lei Fang when her identity is confirmed.

She nods to Kin in agreement with Crocell's statement.

And Kin's mood brings Krystal down a little.

Hey, come on, Kin. Don't be so hard on yourself. I mean, it's not really your fault you're stuck. It just happened. And we don't blame you for it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #489
    Pixie in the Playground

"It is alright, Nakamura-san. Nothing to worry about. It was just...A curiosity, nothing more."

Shougo then angled his head towards Tobio and gave a start once he realised the extent of Tobios' bruising-He had not meant to strike him quite that hard, but in the heat of combat, it looked like he had gotten carried away. His face reddening with shame, Shougo glanced away quickly and then made a motion towards his kitchen. They still had icepacks in their fridge, he thought-They actually had to use them quite often, back in the day. In a place where martial arts was often practiced full-contact, icepacks were pretty much a necessity.

"M...My apologies, Ishida-san. I did not mean to cause any injuries. I will get some icepacks."

Shougo then burst into the kitchen, rifling through their ancient fridge. Hopefully they were still there; he did not want to be responsible for any lasting discomfort on the part of his friend. This would have taken a few minutes; in the meantime, Tobio and Yua would have been left on the dojo floor.

"Eh? What's this, yeah? Power...What? Wow, looks like they really took notice of you, Kasai-chan!"

Ina beamed. The letter, to her, looked truly promising (and worthy of somebody like Kasai-If anyone deserved to have this much power and money, she had decided, it was her). The only problem was that she would probably not have as much time to spend with her-But Ina was a good enough friend to realise that Kasai needed a chance to truly shine for the whole world. And here was that chance.

"This looks amazing! You gonna take them up on their offer?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods his head in agreement with Krystal. "What Krystal said, we don't blame you one bit. C'mon what you need is some rest from a day like this. My patrol is pretty much over so I'll walk you girls home." With that Crocell turns and takes a few steps forward towards the exit of the alleyway. After his 4th step he falters for a moment and has to latch onto the wall to keep himself standing.

"W-Woah! I'm okay, I'm okay. Still a little dizzy from that vertigo spell and the flying baseball bat to the head. Don't worry I'll bounce back." With that Crocell pushes himself off the wall and shakily escorts the two girls back to their dorms. Along the way Crocell starts purposefully heating up his body temperature as a way to relax Kin and help her feel better about today's events.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Tobio tries to assuage Shougo's fussing but he is gone off like a shot before Tobio can even get a word in. Shrugging to himself Tobio sits down cross legged on the ground. Looking at Yua he says, "I-If it's okay with y-you Yua-san I'm going to be practicing my power. I-If I don't respond t-to words please <b class='translationId'>d-don</b>'t take offense. It just m-means that I'm intensely c-c-concentrating. I-In that c-case just shake my sh-shoulder a little bit to snap m-me ou-ou-out of it."

With that Tobio closes his eyes and exhales slowly. He opens them again, glowing fiercely as he engages his power. for practice today he worked on condensing moisture in the air in a quicker manner and trying to make the blocks of ice that result larger. at first it takes him a 30 seconds to make a ball of hard ice about the size of a baseball. However he adds just a little bit of volume with each ball created, taxing himself to try and make them larger and faster.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-25 at 05:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin tried to act as if all these reassurances had cheered her up. She wasn't very convincing. Her weak smile looked like it could be blown away by a slight breeze. And though the heat from Crocell was welcome on this chilly afternoon, she no longer snuggled up to him in that way which embarrassed him so much. Now she was just an unwilling passenger. The hug which, a while ago, she'd wished could last forever, had long since outstayed its welcome.

As they got closer to the dorms, Kin started to get anxious. If she didn't regain control of her ability soon, it'd become more than just a minor inconvenience. She spent the entire journey back in deep concentration, with her eyes tightly shut. Eventually, though, she was jerked out of her meditation by the feeling of Crocell slowing to a halt. With a spike of dread that ran straight up her spine, Kin opened her eyes to see a very familiar dorm building. They'd arrived. And Kin was...

"...Still stuck. Any ideas?"

12. - Top - End - #492

Krystal is more than willing to help Crocell on the way back if needed. No problem there. She was a little woozy herself at first, but recovers fine.

Once at the dorms, Krystal tries to come up with an idea. Part of her thoughts go to the fact that Kin hasn't commented on her lack of a vest yet. But, the poor girl is probably too distracted.

Um...have you ever noticed anything before that seemed to affect your abilities? Anything at all?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yua looks after Shougo's blurred figure, momentarily distracted by the speed. When Tobio talks, Yua responds with a reassuring tone.

"It's no trouble, I said I would not disturb your practice and I do not believe I will need to."

Faintly smiling, the young Esper returns to the task of practising the basics of Shougo's hereditary martial arts. Quietly repeating the instructions.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

"Erm, fear? Fear sometimes triggers it. Oh, and regret; And anticipation; And contentment; An-Oh, who am I kidding? I have no idea what rules my ability follows. It takes orders from parts of me that I can't even hear, let alone control! The doctors always tell me how rare it is for an ability to be 'so sensitive to subconscious stimuli'; How lucky I am to be able to keep it at full strength even while asleep. Funny, I don't feel too lucky right now..."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo returned with an armful of icepacks and promptly began placing them on Tobios' bruises even as he was trying to work on improving his psychic power. While they had obviously seen more than their fair share of use, they were still quite functional, and after a little while, the swelling began to go down. Shougo looked embarrassed the whole time. His father had taught him how to restrain himself; and yet he had not done any of that. He had gone at one of his best friends with everything he had, and it shamed him to the core.

Yet, he could not shake the feeling that it was so unlike him. He knew that he knew how to hold back-But even as he sparred with Tobio, he could not shake the feeling of people watching him, in a room with blank white walls. The feeling that he would be punished if he didn't beat his enemy senseless. Those...

Those were not good memories. And he was sure they weren't even his own.

Nevertheless, Shougo shrugged off those unusual thoughts with a shaky smile. Outside, the sun was beginning to set.

"Ishida-san. My apologies, once more. I did not mean to strike you so hard."

He was also noting how Tobio was practicing; focusing his cryokinetic powers into creating a ball of ice. Silently, Shougo made a mental note to practice throwing projectiles empowered with his psychic power; the only trouble was finding things to practice on. He knew from experience that he could quite easily smash through any wooden surface with a kunai thrown in such a manner (and mangle the kunai in the process, too).

When Tobios' bruises had largely been dealt with, Shougo inclined his head towards Yua deferentially.

"Are you tired, Nakamura-san? If you are not, would you like me to run you through some of the basic locks and throws?"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji had reached the arcade and bought himself a gamecard. With that taken care of he begins to put in a few hours on the various games.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Crocell thinks for a moment before he says, "Okay then Kin, try do as I say. Now then your power originates from your AIM field. It may reaction strongly to your subconscious but that means that you need to overcome it and make your conscious thoughts and wants the forefront. I don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot. As cliche as this sounds try to empty you mind as much as you can. Focus only on your will to become unstuck. Second of all, believe that you can control your power. If your don't then your subconscious is going to overrun you by thinking that you can't"

In an unknown underground location there was a young man. He was an average 5'6 with messy red hair. Heterochromic eyes were glowing in the darkness as numerous rivets of information ran across them. Red and blue glow in tandem as his looks throughout Academy City. His mechanical arm rest on the metal arm of his chair and his fingers clang noisily against the metal. Eventually his partly cybernetic brain catches the cameras of a Academy City re-adjusting themselves. Oh dear, it looks like Rynka and her gang had gotten on the detective's bad side. Oh well, while she was a little unstable Rynka was a valuable asset. His eyes glow just a bit brighter as he connects himself to the nanobots that he had injected into every member of the Jaguars.

'Rynka, you just had to cause a scene didn't you. We needed another month before we started again. Go west at the next intersection. After you do that head to the alleyway on the right. Once you exit it there should be a manhole there. Currently there are no pedestrians within a 400 yard radius. The cameras there will be deactivated when you get there. With this whole Astraphobia mess going on they won't look into it too much. Hurry though Anti-Skill is on your tails. You have 2 minutes before contact. Minato out'

With that taken care of he turns around and pushes himself forward to a computer console with multiple monitors. Connecting himself to them he puts himself into the system and he begins turning off the cameras in the get away area. Checking around he smirks as he finds a few cleaning drones. A few changes in their run times and presto any Anti-Skill officers will be getting a bit of a surprise. His cohorts would have no trouble escaping them. However he would have to keep Rynka on a tighter leash. After all, no need endanger himself now. Not with that Dimensional Master running around. Not to mention Adachi. How he was still alive baffled even him.

(Is this good guys?)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-26 at 05:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

"O-Okay. I'll try; No, scratch that. I'll do."

Kin felt a strong wave of deja vu. It was as if she'd heard Crocell's advice before. Perhaps from the doctors? Or maybe a teacher? That would explain why she could barely remember it. Commands from authority figures (or at least, the optional ones) tended to go in one ear and out the other; Her nonconformist mind rejected such things on general principle. But when the same words were spoken by a fellow prisoner of the system (and an especially snuggly one at that), she felt a lot more inclined to listen.

Her eyes closed; Her thoughts cleared; Her breathing slowed; And finally...

*Thump*

...she fell to the ground.

"Success! Also, ouch."

18. - Top - End - #498

Krystal smiled a little as Kin fell to the ground. Not because she fell, of course. Just because she was able to control her powers like that.

She'll crouch down next to her friend.

You know what that means now, right? Practice sessions. Krystal grins.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

A groan issued forth from the ground.

"Ugh, don't remind me. My schedule's already booked solid with those wretched things. If they actually did any good, I'd be Level 5 by now."

Kin picked herself up, being careful not to accept a helping hand. Newfound control or not, she didn't want to tempt fate twice in one night. A quick glance down at her sweaty, leaf-strewn uniform prompted another groan.

"I think I'd better enter via the walls tonight. The dorm supervisor always watches those halls like a hawk when the weekend looms. It's a good job you had the sense not to climb any trees or backs today..."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "Eh? What's this, yeah? Power...What? Wow, looks like they really took notice of you, Kasai-chan!"

Ina beamed. The letter, to her, looked truly promising (and worthy of somebody like Kasai-If anyone deserved to have this much power and money, she had decided, it was her). The only problem was that she would probably not have as much time to spend with her-But Ina was a good enough friend to realise that Kasai needed a chance to truly shine for the whole world. And here was that chance.

"This looks amazing! You gonna take them up on their offer?"

"Probably, yeah. But that's why I called you over, actually; I was hoping to see what you think, and if you'd like me to put in a good word for you with them if I do, and I'm in a position to do so,"
    Kasai answered, smiling, and going to take her friend's hand. "I don't want to end up giving up my friends to get ahead, y'know? It's not worth it to me to hit Level Five if that's the cost, even with the money that goes with this."

21. - Top - End - #501

Krystal will give Kin a pat on the shoulder.

I meant me and you practice sessions. And Crocell, too, if he wants. That way, it might not be so boring.

You gonna be okay for the night?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell gives a casual grin as he says, "Of course I'll help. After all I want Kin to succeed too. Now then since you enjoyed your personal sauna Kin you need to need to think of something nice for Krystal to enjoy. I don't think I could survive another piggyback ride. I felt like I was gonna burst into flames."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-27 at 11:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

"What a wonder it is to have friends. To think that you'd both be willing to subject yourself to my fickle power again, after all the trouble it's caused you. I'm truly touched."

Though she didn't say it, Kin was also puzzled. She still couldn't figure out Crocell's strangely contradictory attitudes towards close contact. Did he like being snuggled or not? Sometimes it seemed like he treated it as both a pleasure and a trial. How strange.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    You gonna be okay for the night?
    "Of course, of course. Today's travails are already a distant memory. A good night's sleep will make me right as rain."

Kin wasn't a very good liar. She knew, even as she spoke those supposedly carefree assurances, that they sounded painfully forced. Hopefully her friends wouldn't press the matter, because the events of today were not something she wanted to discuss right now.

24. - Top - End - #504

Krystal waves a hand at Crocell's comment. No, that's fine, you don't have to.

To Kin's first comment, Krystal will go to put her into a one-armed hug around the shoulders. Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. We like, and no amount of sticky situations will change that.

With her friend's second comment, Krystal can see through the lies. And she knows that Kin feels bad about the whole thing.

Alright, well, you know where my room is. I don't care how deeply I'm sleeping, if you need me, wake me up and don't let me complain about it. She gives a warm smile.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hey, Kasai-chan, I'm not gonna give you that speech about 'me slowing you down, yadda yadda yadda', yeah. But I'm gonna say it-You won't lose anyone if you do this. Maybe you'll be a little busier, yeah-But that's life. All of us wanna see you succeed, Kasai-chan-Not 'cos of what you could do for us, but because we wanna see you be everything you can be. So, if you're gonna accept it...Go for it, yeah! We'll be rooting for you every step of the way."

Ina smiled. Her best friend, a Level Five. Sure, she realised that might have its' benefits-But right now, she didn't want to be selfish. Now was Kasais' time.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-09-30 at 09:47 AM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell smiles as he sees that Kin is in good hands. Deciding to take his leave he says, "Well I would say ditto, but then you might try and actually sneak past my dorm manager to come into my room. Don't you give me that innocent look either, you know you would simply to see if you could get away with it. Well I better get going before my curfew. Seeya girls"

Crocell is about to leave before he says, "Oh yeah. Do you guys want to meet up tommorow? The system scan is coming up and I could help you guys practice."
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Tobio snaps out of his concentration. As he does he notices many ice balls of varying sizes littered around him. Looking up he sees Shougo and Yua practicing. Deciding he's worked on his power enough he goes to practice with them. Occasionally he looks towards the kitchen wondering if he should help Mrs. Nimori.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yua pauses when Shougo arrives, seemingly a bit less caught in the flow of training. After a few breaths, Yua nods slightly.

"I am a little tired, but I think I could do that"

Yua will try to follow Shougo's instructions systematically, looking up slightly when Tobio joins them. Though quickly refocussing on practising, Yua does notice the glances towards the kitchen.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo practiced and taught both Tobio and Yua. It was a strange feeling, he decided-But good. After so much time spent watching his father drum in the tenets and skills of Nimori-Ryu into his students, Shougo found himself liking it. In a way, his father lived on in him, and in his students. To defend the innocent, to not hesitate ones' fist in the name of justice-Those were things that Shougo truly believed in, and things that he taught; albeit in a much more reserved manner than his father.

He continued doing this for about an hour, teaching Tobio and Yua the basics of Nimori-Ryu-The basic locks, throws, counters, what to watch out for in an enemy, so on and so forth. As Yua was a complete newcomer to martial arts, he often demonstrated on Tobio (and had Tobio demonstrate on him). He also emphasised the importance of physical fitness; the rigour of hand-to-hand combat was not something to be taken lightly, and by the end of the first hour, Tobio would probably have been breathing quite heavily and Yua nearing exhaustion.

Fortunately, a break came in the form of dinner. While the teenagers were away practicing, Mrs Nimori had been working on a meal, humming away happily the entire way. Soon, she brought out the meal-A traditional ichiju-sansai-one soup, with three sides. While it was simple, it was also lovingly made and smelled of home. When it was all set up, she called out to everyone.

"Everyone! I know you must be hungry, so I've made a little bit of food. Please, come and eat!"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alright, well, you know where my room is. I don't care how deeply I'm sleeping, if you need me, wake me up and don't let me complain about it. She gives a warm smile.
    A quick but grateful nod was Kin's only response to this offer. She clearly appreciated the gesture, even though she had no intention of accepting it.

Crocell is about to leave before he says, "Oh yeah. Do you guys want to meet up tommorow? The system scan is coming up and I could help you guys practice."
    "Do you even need to ask? We shall await you in the School Garden's largest arcade. Power control isn't the only skill I intend to practice tomorrow!"

With that Kin spun on her heel and departed. There had been a decent amount of genuine enthusiasm in her words this time. She genuinely was looking forward to spending so much time with two beloved companions...tomorrow. Tonight, though, she needed to be alone.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods to the duo in agreement for Kin's meeting plan. Following that he heads back to the Azabu dorms. AS soon as he gets back to his room he crashes in his bed and gets a full night of sleep. He freaking deserved it.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Tobio wiped the sweat from his forehead as he panted. He tried desperately to control his breathing like his father showed him but it took him a minute since he hadn't exactly done anything like this before. Once he got his breathing under control he looked to see Mrs. Nimori coming into the room with dinner. Going over the the table and sitting down Tobio took a deep breath, inhaling the aroma of the food.

"Arigato, Mrs.Nimori, the food smells delicious. Itadakimasu!" With that Tobio digs in making sure to not eat he normal amount or at his usual pace.