New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

{OOC: College workloads are fun. I'm still behind in everything, ahhhhhhhg.}

Katashi lets loose his massive burst of energy and the two G.E.A.R. weapons let loose their synchronized attack nearly simultaneously. The roaring wave of raw kinetic energy runs head on into a massive torrent of white-hot heat that nears the temperatures found on the sun, the two primal forces shoving at each other with unimaginable brute force. The two mutants let loose twin screams of agony and begin convulsing as their ability to absorb and convert kinetic energy into thermal energy is pushed far, far beyond its maximum threshold, and the wave of searing heat begins to abate.

Then the rain of liquid hydrogen and oxygen starts.

Upon contact with the dying flames still flickering around the room, the entire chamber erupts into a massive explosion as the whole place is converted into a supermassive fuel/air explosive, disintegrating the double-reinforced concrete and titanium structural struts and shredding most of the warehouse complex in a massive fireball that throws debris hundreds of feet into the air and generates a shockwave that tears apart asphalt and concrete like it was tissue paper.

As the dust begins to subside, Katashi finds himself pinned underneath a large concrete slab that has, mercifully, wedged itself against a twisted I-beam, stopping just short of crushing him; nothing he wouldn't be able to move in a little while, of course, assuming the two jokers were gone. Craning his neck, he can see a molten blob slowly eating its way into the ground, sizzling gently and melting stone and metal like wax; and a large shard of frozen air, a murky figure frozen in a tortured position inside as the chunk of frigid air quietly sublimates, vapor slowly streaming off. It looks like the two assassins couldn't take the full brunt of his power. As he begins to relax, there's the faint hiss of ozone and he hears the faint crunch of gravel underneath jackboots behind him. Yori bends over and reaches down to gently remove Katashi's visor, staring into his eyes with cold hatred and murderous contempt.

"You are something else, slacker. I picked those two specifically because they were designed to combat ESPers with primarily kinetic energy based powers, and you STILL overloaded them."

Yori squats down, tsk-ing while he surveys the wreckage, glancing up out of the bottom of the crater the massive explosion had caused, his eyes coming to rest on a curiously undamaged structure near the edge of the blast radius.

"I'm glad I wasn't much closer to that blast than I was. It would have been a major pain reshaping space to divert the blast around all those squishy researchers. As luck would have it I really only needed to shift the observation post by about half a block."

He exhales, pulling out a handgun and pressing the muzzle against Katashi's forehead.

"I only wish those two morons had managed to do more than irritate you before you blew everything in that last attack; lord knows you deserve some form of punishment for all the inconvenience you've caused me."

He primes the hammer with his thumb.

"Well, see you never."
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal headed for her room, still kind of worried about Kin. Thinking about her friend kept her from dwelling too much on what happened that day.

Definitely tired, Krystal passed out fairly quickly.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

The sight of Katashi lying among the wreckage of his own sloppiness, nursing many new bruises, was one which would have given pleasure to many people. He gained some extra (and deserved) pain when Yori tried unsuccessfully to pull off his visor. The seemingly fragile accessory turned out to be some sort of cybernetic enhancement; Through it, he gazed up at the man who'd pushed him so close to the brink.

For the first time in a long while, Katashi felt awake. All this cold reality had temporarily dispelled the haze in which he spent so much of his life. Everything around him was unpleasantly clear and focused: Particularly the parts which kept trying to kill him. Even his colossal ego couldn't ignore the fact that, if the debris had fallen just a little differently, it would have turned him into paste; And that, if Yori's gun been wielded by someone who shot first and monologued later...

"You talk too much."

...then Katashi would have been dead long before his ability recovered. Instead, he suddenly rocketed sideways in a shower of masonry, pushing himself upright as he went. It was time for a strategic withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal headed for her room, still kind of worried about Kin. Thinking about her friend kept her from dwelling too much on what happened that day.

Definitely tired, Krystal passed out fairly quickly.
    At some point in between these events, Krystal would have to endure a lecture from the dorm supervisor, on the subject of vests; No doubt this would be accompanied by a black mark in the infernal woman's 'disproportionate retribution' book.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-10-03 at 01:30 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

19:05 - District 2 - Academy City.
    Ascendancy Research Institute.

A mechanical door hisses slightly as it slides open. A young aide steps through into a spartan room containing a work desk with several monitors, a large CPU and a lone server in the corner.

The aide places a few files onto the table as a man with graying hair continues typing with a keyboard. "Sir, all the invites have been sent out, either digitally or by hand-delivered mail. The psychological evaluations for those most likely to shift to level 5 by the end of the project are here, listed by potential and likely shift dates."

The older man pauses his typing and looks up, resting his hands on the armrests of his chair.

"Ah, Kitamura. Good job. Given the mind-boggling scale of this project, I'm surprised you got all of those out so fast. You really are a talent."

The aide steps back, shaking his head.

"Not at all, sir. Your skill at delegation got me the personalized letters on schedule."

The older man smiles, then takes a sip of coffee from a mug on his table.

"So all the preparatory work is done... So far. Any news on the competing projects?"

"No further breakthroughs, but I heard that the Revenant team has begun testing nanotechnological applications."

"Hmm, interesting. So, are Imai and the girl ready?"

"Yes."

"Excellent." The elder of the two places his elbows on the table, interlocks his fingers and leans in, his nose hovering a few centimeters from his thumbs. As he pauses, only the soft hum of the server's coolant pumps can be heard. Then, he speaks again.

"Then everything is in place. We begin the next phase tomorrow then. Tell Imai to be here by tomorrow and send out the messages."

The aide nods and turns to leave.

"Sir."
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2012-10-06 at 12:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515

Krystal will mentally wave off that lecture. Her friend needed the help, and she wouldn't hesitate to do it again if needed. She wasn't big on the uniforms, anyways.

Besides, she had a couple extra vests. And that one could be washed. So what's the big deal?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

{OOC: Since things seem to have ground to a halt, I'm going to just go ahead and post for saturday.}

[Saturday]

Thick morning sunlight slowly spread across Academy City, heralding the weekend's arrival. Unfortunately, even a sight this beautiful wasn't enough to counter the dangerously high dose of sleeping drugs which Ishimaru Moroe had swallowed the previous night. When she eventually crawled out of bed, the show was long over. Not an auspicious start to such an important saturday.

It had been a while since she'd spent the weekend with someone else; Especially if she didn't count her single, ill-advised attempt to 'hang out' with the other members of GATE. As Moroe showered and dressed, she mentally prepared herself for the hours ahead. Teaching Hajime how to have a good time would be like the one-eyed leading the blind.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yori sits in an office somewhere, sipping on a latte and watching the news on a nearby television while he idly finishes up a stack of loss/damage forms. A scientist stands tall in front of his desk, digging through a folder for a necessary spreadsheet. Yori spares a glace at the TV.

"-icials say the damage was caused when a hazardous chemicals storage tank ruptured and the contests were set ablaze by faulty wiring in the emergency fume purge system. Thankfully, there were no casualties, as the storage warehouse was empty at the time. The shockwave from the explosion was felt..."

He tears his eyes off the screen long enough to hear the geneticist's question.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. It's in processing right now, I think. I can dredge it up for you if you need it."

He snaps his fingers and pulls a sealed plastic bag out of thin air, a bright flash of light giving away the bag's origin. A handgun, tagged and labeled, tugs gently on the bags edges.

"You'll want to swab the muzzle, there should still be residual skin cells there. Was the observational data sufficient?"

The scientist nods.

"Yes, sir. Your assistance was invaluable in both recording usable, copyable data on his powers and on the G.E.A.R.'s performance levels. With luck we should be able to boost their output levels and unit longevity by about twenty percent."

"Good work. I still don't get why Crowley wouldn't just let us kill the bastard; I would hazard it's something stupid like 'I need him for yet one more plan' or 'but he still has a role to fulfill'. I swear, I'll never get straight answer out of him. Still, progress is progress."

Yori takes a resource assignment form from the man, signing it and handing it back.

"Hand that off to R&D, then go home, you've been working all night and I don't want you to fall asleep on the job. Say hi to the wife and kids for me."

The scientist nods quietly, takes the paper, and walks out, leaving Yori to sip on his coffee and lose himself in his thoughts.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518

((Saturday sounds good to me.))

[Saturday]

Krystal wakes up later than usual, grateful she has no classes today. Hooray for the weekend.

Still groggy, she gets up and goes through her normal morning routine. By the time she's dressed and ready to go, she's fully awake again.

First thing she decides to do is stop by Kin's room and check on her. She'll tell Kin she just wanted to see if she wanted to hang out, though. She wasn't sure if Kin would be okay with Krystal worrying about her this much. Not that she could help it.

Off to Kin's room, to knock on her door!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Saturday

Crocell wakes up much later than his usual time. He also does not wake up by his alarm clock, instead twisting and turning in his covers until he falls off his bed. Getting up groggily he goes through his morning rituals. After slipping on his usual outfit he is out the door like a shot. He takes off using his powers to jump onto a roof top and heads towards the arcade. He said he would meet Kin and Krystal there. Besides nothing wrong with more firmly cementing himself as the arcades champ. Maybe today would be the day that he finally beat that punk's DDR score.

Before headed out though he checks his mail to see if there was anything for him. Imagine his surprise when he finds an invitation to join Academy City's first Paramilitary Force. Ecstatic at this news Crocell tries to get to the arcade as fast as he can. He couldn't wait to tell Kin and Krystal.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ryuji wakes up early to help out his mother with the shop. It would be a little while before his shift was over, but he could wait. After all Academy City wasn't going anywhere.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-11 at 12:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Don't forget that Crocell got an email regarding the Cadet Program, too. Also, should I just assume that Tobio and Yua went home? Wonder where Keveak is.))

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

((OOC: Probably, they were eating dinner last we left them. Unless you wanted them to have a random encounter on the way home that would be the safest bet.))

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

((Saturday sounds good to me.))

[Saturday]

Krystal wakes up later than usual, grateful she has no classes today. Hooray for the weekend.

Still groggy, she gets up and goes through her normal morning routine. By the time she's dressed and ready to go, she's fully awake again.

First thing she decides to do is stop by Kin's room and check on her. She'll tell Kin she just wanted to see if she wanted to hang out, though. She wasn't sure if Kin would be okay with Krystal worrying about her this much. Not that she could help it.

Off to Kin's room, to knock on her door!
    "Come in!"

The voice was accompanied by a steady mechanical chatter, which turned out to be a sewing machine. Judging by the reams of fabric amidst which Kin sat, she'd been busy for a while. When she leaped up to greet her friend, she almost seemed to be her old self again. Her bright, enthusiastic smile gave no hint of previous burdens. Only the bags under her eyes hinted that last night hadn't been a restful one.

"Ah, if it isn't my most valued client. I was just doing some work on the garments which you so graciously commissioned."

She stepped aside to reveal a very familiar costume. Until recently, it had only been an image in Krystal's mind; Then it had been a set of drawings on a graphics tablet; And now, finally, it had almost completely entered the real world. Aside from a few unfinished touches, Krystal's superhero outfit was practically finished.

"So, what do you think?"

13. - Top - End - #523

[Saturday]

Krystal's eyes light up at the sight of her costume. She'll rush over to get a closer look at it.

Wow! That looks awesome! She grins, then pulls Kin into a tight hug. Thank you so much!

Once she pulls back, she takes a closer look at her friend. Krystal notices the bags under Kin's eyes, but doesn't comment on them.

So, ready to meet Crocell at the arcade?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin lived for moments like this. During the hug, she made sure to soak in all the glorious Krystally vibes being emitted by her grateful friend. Perhaps one day she would secure a constant supply of this life-sustaining energy.

So, ready to meet Crocell at the arcade?
    "But of course. Let us depart forthwith!"

And so they did. Despite her enthusiasm, Kin walked through the buillding at a remarkably sedate pace. She had no desire to be detained by the Dragon of the Dorms on some trumped-up charge. As soon as her foot crossed into open air, though, she immediately transformed into a Kin-shaped blur. In less time than it takes to boil an egg, she was skidding to a halt inside the arcade.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-10-11 at 11:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

During the walk through the halls, Krystal noticed that Kin was a little restrained. Which, she thought was a good thing. Showed that her friend could restrain herself when needed.

Outside, however, it seemed that all bets were off. It was all Krystal could do to keep up with an overly-excited Kin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(If Cao is okay with it being the next day for Tobio, Yua, and Shougo)

Tobio woke up the next day, sore from his intense training at the Shougo's house. Today was definitely not a day to physically exert himself to much. Well at least the swelling of his bruises went down. It shouldn't take too much longer for them to lose their purplish color as well. Some of them already had. Looking at his alarm clock he gave a start as he realized that he had slept until 2:30 in the afternoon. His exhaustion had luckily kept the nightmares away. Getting up and performing his morning Rituals Tobio dressed in his casual clothes today. A snow white shirt and plack pants with flame patterns at the bottom. He headed to the front door and then slipped on his skates. He still carried his backpack with him as it carried all of his important things.

After checking to make sure he had all of his things Tobio heads out skating along the streets. Today he was heading to the Judgement building to make use of the training center. Plus if he was lucky Mei would be there. He hadn't seen her in a while due to hanging out with Shougo, but he hoped to correct that.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Crocell had just beaten his highest score in Blazblue on hard mode when suddenly he felt a tingling in his being. He could feel like there was an eminent collision incoming. Looking out the glass doors of the arcade Crocell was able to spot the energetic form of Kin. Knowing that when she saw him a snuggle was in his future Crocell steeled himself vowing not to stutter or blush this time.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Crocell's prediction was (of course) accurate. It barely took any time for Kin to catch sight of him, let out a little 'squee', and start twirling towards him at high speed. However, there was a good chance that he'd underestimated the imminent snuggle's intensity. Kin was, unknownst to him, still riding high on her Krystal-induced euphoria. She was practically brimming with energy, like a capacitor that had been charged to the absolute limit. So when she wrapped herself around Crocell, all that energy flowed through him in one overwhelming, snuggly burst.

"Salutations, brave protector of the innocent!"

There was a real note of sincerity in those words. As if the supercharged hug wasn't enough, Crocell would also have to deal with Kin's newfound admiration for him. Her eyes practically shone with respect for his heroism from last night; This fact was very easy to see, because said eyes were hovering only inches away from his own.

"Been waiting long?"

18. - Top - End - #528

Krystal finally catches up to her friend, looking a little winded. She grins at the sight of Kin and Crocell, though. She thought the way Kin launched herself at the poor boy was king of funny.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell's defenses were woefully overwhelmed. The snugglyness, the passion, and the sheer admiration. Crocell's reaction was akin to a nuclear reactor meltdown. His face looked like it would catch fire. His eyes were locked with Kin's own sparkling orbs except for the quick flickering glances to her lips which had to be only centimeters from his own. It was a good thing he was near the Blazblue machine because he needed something for his hands to grab onto as his legs go weak. Why did this girl have to be so affectionate? Eventually she was going to start calling him a perve or something.

"H-H-Hey K-K-Kin! I see t-t-that you are feeling better. I-I hope you are ok-kay?" Deciding to try not to offend her Crocell shakily takes one hand off of the arcade maching to wrap around Kin in a hug.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Why did this girl have to be so affectionate?
    Two words: 'Body heat'. Little did Crocell know, but he was caught in a vicious cycle. The more flustered he got, the warmer he got; And the warmer he got, the more inclined Kin was to fluster him. Even now she rejoiced in the wonderful heat that (unbeknownst to her) she was unconsciously being trained to create.

"H-H-Hey K-K-Kin! I see t-t-that you are feeling better. I-I hope you are ok-kay?"
    "Absolutely. The travails of yesterday a-Hey, Blazblue!"

Just when all hope seemed lost, the condemned man received a reprieve. The sight of Kin's second favourite arcade game was enough to lure her out of the hug. A quick disentangling twirl was all it took to put her beside Crocell, instead of around him. She eagerly slid her hands onto the controls, while looking from him to Krystal and back again.

"Do either of you play this game? Seriously, I mean. It would be so refreshing to have a real opponent for once. The great Makoto Nanaya is tired of sending newbies into orbit."

21. - Top - End - #531

Krystal raises her hand a little and wiggles it in a so-so motion.

I'm okay at it. Not my best fighting game. I'll play you, though. Even if I lose, it's still fun. Krystal will approach the machine and choose Noel for her character.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Those words produced a familiar sense of disappointment in Kin. She'd heard them many times before, from many a casual player. When an opponent talked like that, there was practically no chance of getting a decent challenge out of them. Nevertheless, she wouldn't hold back. To fight at anything less than full power would be an insult.

Soon a squirrelly intelligence operative and her gun-wielding friend were facing each other on the rainy heights of Kagutsuchi. The moment that the fight began, said squirrel launched herself forward and began a blistering assault. Kin's fingers danced lightly across the controls, as she began the groundwork for an intricate 28-hit combo. Truth be told, those preparations probably weren't necessary. The mixups and fakeouts needed to land combos against pros were usually a waste of time when battling the average player.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

While the two girls played each other Crocell was busy trying to slow his heart rate. Once he finally managed to dismiss his blush and gained the feeling back in his legs he looked to see Kin's skills for himself. He raised his eyebrows impressed as he says, "Well! Youve certainly got more skills than that midbie that I smoked a few days ago. So feel like taking on the champ once your done fighting Krystal Kin?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saturday]

Shougo woke, showered, got dressed, ate and left the house, still plagued by the strange images flittering through his head as he slept. Not...That they were bad, though. Just strange. Still, he figured that he shouldn't ponder overmuch on them, and shaking his head clear of such memories as he waved goodbye to his mother, he made his way down to an empty courtyard that his father used to practice freerunning with the intent of practicing his psychic powers. Normally, he would have done so in the confines of his home, but after last nights' display, Shougo knew that if he went all-out, he ran the risk of damaging the floors and walls of his house. And all-out he would go.

He would push himself to the limit. And he would grow.

Tensing all the muscles in his legs, Shougo leapt forward, then up, bounding off the walls and leaping high into the air with unnatural agility, his brain whirling with calculations. Soon, he knew that they would become second nature. But he had to practice, first. Just a little more...A little faster, a little lighter...He stepped on a steel pole, then another, balancing on a thin wire-Just a little higher, and he'd be at the top of the building, he thought, just a little further, and he stepped off the wire, intending to leap onto the rooftop just above...

When the wire he was standing on snapped beneath his feet. He was falling.

He
    was
    falling?
    That was
    impossible.
    He didn't
    want to
    ...Die?

Shougo struck the ground with a slight 'whmph', in a fall that should have, by all rights, killed him. What had just happened? He tried rising to his feet, a strange pressure building on his back; he knew this was his power releasing the built up force over time rather than at once, allowing him to survive fatal trauma with relative ease. He had done this before, though never on anything of this scale. The thing that unnerved him, however, was the fact that he wasn't doing it of his own accord.

His psychic power was acting on its' own to preserve his life. Shougo knew this wasn't natural; he figured it almost certainly had something to do with the missing links in his memory over the past few days. And so he called out to...Whatever it was that was in his head. To his surprise, it flinched, almost as if terrified of being noticed by him, and scurried into the recesses of his mind. The lack of focus caused the stored kinetic energy on his back to suddenly release itself all of a sudden, throwing him forwardly suddenly and violently. That would certainly leave a bruise in a few hours, he groaned inwardly. Still, while that was certainly...Unusual, Shougo was not about to stop practicing. While certainly a strange creature, its' presence was not entirely unwelcome; Shougo felt a strange kinship to it and wished he could ask it some questions. If worst came to worst, he would have it checked out by on Monday. Until then, he would keep practicing. But no more sky-jumping for now, he though, his knees still shaking from the shock. He would stick with practicing ninjutsu for the next few hours.

And if Crocell, Krystal and Kin happened to glance out of a narrow window, they might have caught a glimpse of a boy practicing martial arts in an otherwise-empty courtyard. While this may have been only a little unusual, what made it more so was the fact that his movements virtually mirrored that of Bang Shishigami, a character that Crocell had faced just minutes earlier on the arcade machine...He even had the long, flowing red scarf around his neck to go with it.

__________________________________________________ _______________

When Tobio got to the Judgement office, he would have indeed found Mei there. Today, however, she looked oddly lethargic-as though a good deal of fight had been taken out of her. She shuffled and moved and sorted paperwork as if in a daze; she snapped out of it as he passed, waving slowly to him as she smiled slightly. She looked distracted, even unhappy about something.

"Hey, Tobio-kun. Coming into work on a Saturday, huh? You sure are dedicated..."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-10-16 at 11:26 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's hopeful mood managed to survive until just before breakfast. A new message on her phone soon demonstrated that wishing for a thing didn't make it so.

"He survived? Typical. Why can't that moron just put himself out of my misery?"

Apparently GATE's illustrious 'leader' was still alive; Injured, defeated and humiliated, but breathing nonetheless. Ah well, at least he'd be out of Moroe's hair for a while. The idiot would probably go off on a training binge, aimed at improving every aspect of himself except the ones which had caused him to lose. For all his natural talent, he was little more than a cog in the machine.

But there was no time to worry about that little hiccup. No sooner had Moroe put down the phone, when a custom beep came from her gaming device. That sound sent her scurrying across the room with an urgency that bordered on panic. Shougo was in danger. Last night, as a completely logical and necessary precaution (or so she told herself), she'd decided to make sure that Shougo was always tracked by at least one drone. That way she could keep an eye on him, at least while he was outdoors. And maybe, every once in a while, she could just use it to watch him smil-No! Security precaution. Nothing more. She needed to move on.

A quick check of the feed showed that Shougo was okay, thus allowing Moroe to resume breathing. She didn't know how he'd survived a fall of that height, but he had. If only she could have been there to catc-NO! Stop it! With sudden determination, Moroe marched off to find Hajime. He was the one who really needed her now. He was the one who would become her saviour. Slowly but surely, she'd form a bond with him that would banish all of this turmoil forever. And together, the two of them would be happy.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio rubs the back of his head and chuckles in a slightly embarrassed manner as he says, "I guess. I mostly came in to use the training center. I also wanted to see you. I haven't been around very much and that was probably rude to you. Plus after I heard about the rumors I didn't even come and check up on you, and that was really insensitive of me."

He then noticing Mei's haggard look as well as the fact that she wasn't as lively as usual. A look of concern spread across he face as he went over to take a seat next to her. "Mei-chan, are you alright? You don't look so good. Did something happen?"

27. - Top - End - #537

If Kin expected Krystal to not give it her all, she would be surprised. Krystal was halfway decent at the game, and Kin should be able to tell that she's giving it her all. Krystal wouldn't go down that easy.

But, it still ends with Kin winning. which Krystal seems perfectly fine with.

Wow. Gonna be a while before I beat you, huh? We need to play Smash Bros. sometime. I rock at that one.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

"I look forward to it. Now, would the next challenger please step forward?"

Despite her best efforts, Kin didn't manage to eke much enjoyment from the game. Most of the pleasure came afterwards, when she saw that she'd at least succeeded in entertaining her friend.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell cracks his fingers as he says, "Okay then Kinniekins time to play the master. Still you have got moves, lets see if they hold up"

Crocell steps up to the console and chooses his favorite character, Taokaka. When the battle starts Crocell tries to use Taokaka's speed to his advantage to get in a combo blitz before initiating a knockdown. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to get in a counter before he could back off.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Thus began the next skirmish in a war that had raged since the dawn of time: Cat vs Squirrel. From the beginning, Kin had some trepidation about facing Crocell. What if his boasts were all bluster? What if she shattered his delusions of skill in one humiliating curbstomp? Thankfully, these worries all vanished barely five seconds after the fight started. This guy was good! The outside world quickly faded away, leaving the screen to fill Kin's senses. She couldn't allow reality to intrude when facing an opponent like this.

The next few minutes were a rare treat for Kin. Casual players simply weren't capable of playing at a level she found satisfying. Now she was finally free to enjoy a real match; A complex dance of move and countermove built upon layer after layer of interweaving tactics. She strained her skills to the limit in an attempt to counter Crocell's insanely fast claw assaults, while building up pressure with the illusions, dashes and charged punches of her squirrelly avatar. This really was a great match; And best of all, she was probably going to lose it! Despite her best efforts, she could feel herself being gradually overwhelmed. The lower her health bar sank, the wider her smile grew.

"Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-10-17 at 03:19 PM.