New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Looking up, Katsu gives Jirou a curious look for a second before cheerfully replying.

"How d'you take a hike 'fore a cuss? Or did you remember that the thing I should hike before already happened? Did the street collapse?"

Looking out the window, Katsu inspects the road for any signs of abnormalities. Finding nothing, Katsu returns to the conversation, seemingly oblivious to Jirou's glare.

"What's been up, Jirou? It has been a while, or has it? Time is confusing-Thing's OK?"

Despite being as scattered as ever, Katsu's last question has a tone of empathy.
    "No, things are not okay; They were okay; But now they're not."

Jirou looked pointedly at Katsu as he said this, 'take the hint' beams practically shooting out of his eyes.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal's smile widens.

Really? We'll have to check them out sometime.

And you don't have to apologize. I mean, if the comparison fits, might as well use it. Especially if it's funny.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #603
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo stammered, unsure of what to say. Really? 'Think nothing of it'? The fact of the matter stood is that he owed him a debt-Nothing would have changed it. No matter what he said, no matter how he assured him it was nothing; Shougo promised himself that he would repay the debt that he owed him, no matter what he took. His father would have accepted nothing less, and the thought of being in the debt of Judgement irked him somewhat.

His mind was still working on a reply when Kin and Crocell appeared to have a spat at each other and Shougo, his legs moving almost on instinct, found himself quite a distance away from the arcade, in an attempt to avoid the interpersonal conflict that was no doubt about to erupt. When he finally caught wind of where he was, Shougo cursed internally. He glanced back, seeing the blonde-haired boy storm off in a huff, followed by Kin, and decided that he would approach him later. Now would probably not be the best time.

Of course, Shougo did not want to suddenly lose sight of Crocell (especially considering that the chances of them meeting again were extremely slim), and so he began trailing them quietly, using Charge Action to muffle the sound of his footsteps until the chance to ask him as to how he should repay his debt should occur. Failing that, Shougo resolved to give him his number. He didn't have to follow them very far; he eventually found them in a nearby abandoned lot. After a brief argument, they eventually ended up embracing each other fiercely.

Shougo looked away, uncomfortable with the display, before a sudden spasm of ...Pain? No, that wasn't quite it... Nostalgia? Something flared in his head. His heart felt like it was skipping beats as he ...Struggled to remember...The face that...

He could no longer maintain his secrecy and slumped against the side of the wall, breathing heavily.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

"Again?! What does it take to keep that idiot out of trouble?"

This was getting beyond a joke. If the 'Shougo alarm' kept buzzing at this ridiculous rate, Moroe would have a nervous breakdown before the day was over. Just a few minutes ago, she'd watched Shougo narrowly avoid a fight in some high-class arcade. And now, for no reason which she could discern, he'd suddenly collapsed outside. Was he under attack? Dying? Or had he just remembered some lost wallet that he'd failed to return? There was no way for the drone to tell. With no clear target to shoot, all Moroe could do was anonymously call for a medical team (which she did), and hope for the best.

5. - Top - End - #605

"It is a fast food restaurant chain, though. I think some of my, um, friends have taken me there before. Strangely, it's not that bad for its price."

Somehow, the girls (or, at least, Shiho) have wandered toward the lot where Crocell and Kin are currently hugging each other. The two friends remain hidden behind a wall and just outside of the AIM esper's field of vision. She could see them there with her ability, though - two blobs of AIM fields, one powerful pyrokinetic and one with...an unknown power that matches Kin's field from the arcade, located just behind the wall. She remembered Krystal's advice, and did her best not to disturb the couple.

The third blob, though...the ninja from the arcade earlier? His AIM field was the first to show up within her purview, but he was within view, seemingly collapsed onto the floor. There were some sirens within auditory distance that seem to be approaching the area - but why was the boy here? And more importantly, why was he collapsed near the wall with an expression of a wounded gazelle?

"Isn't that the ninja boy from the arcade?" she asked, but only loudly enough so that Krystal - if she is still within range - could hear her.

(OOC: The time dissonance is confusing me a little - Kin and Cronell have only exchanged one dialogue, while it's assumed the other two have walked to and from the academy dorms. Since it's kinda hard to sync the two together, I ended up fudging the time a little and just assumed that a bit of time elapsed between the conversation and Shougo collapsing. I hope that's okay.)
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2012-10-29 at 02:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #606

Krystal looks to where Shiho was looking and sees Shougo. After a moment, she recognizes him and nods to Shiho.

Yeah, I think it is. I wonder what he's up to.

((Time-lapsing, handwaving shenanigans are perfectly fine by me if they don't get too crazy. I'm not picky.))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #607

"Hmm, maybe we should go ahead and ask him? He doesn't look too good."

Without waiting for a reply from Krystal, the girl shouted to Shougo at the top of her lungs: "Hey! Um, you're Shougo-sama, are you not? Is everything alright?"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "No, things are not okay; They were okay; But now they're not."

Jirou looked pointedly at Katsu as he said this, 'take the hint' beams practically shooting out of his eyes.
    Katsu seemingly continues to miss Jirou's expressions, grinning cheerfully at the frustrated Esper.

"Ooh, what happened? Did someone use a power to try to knock you out? You must be super-tough to resist tha-Hey, I know that thing!"

Looking distractedly off at the outsides again, where little seem to have changed, Katsu leaps up to disappear in thin air. Seems Jirou has hit a stroke of luck. Whatever it was Katsu saw.

[Elsewhere]

Having left the School Garden and its over-whelming prestige, Yua wanders through the lesser populated streets of Academy City. Having followed an uncharacteristic urge for a new route, Yua stops at the crossing of two small roads.

Cautiously growing less and less visible, Yua's gaze goes from building to building in search of landmarks or people. But the streets seem eerily empty and only the low murmur of far-away traffic break the silence. The scene a strange mystery to an Esper used to being the silent one amid a hundred sounds.

"?"

Turning, Yua curiously scout for the source of a very low noise. Spotting a rusty gate ajar, the invisible Esper calmly peeks into the dark alleys beyond.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

Very little morning sunlight found its way into the alley. Swathes of thick cloth and paper had been hung between the roofs above, creating a makeshift ceiling. Apparently this area's inhabitants weren't fans of Academy City's famous aerial surveillance systems. The gate itself was tall and surprisingly sturdy, considering the rust which coated many parts of its frame. Had someone not carelessly left it ajar, it would have barred entry (or exit) quite effectively. From beyond this barrier came the low noise which had attracted Yua's attention. It seemed to be coming from an unseen source somewhere on the nearby ground. For Yua to satisfy her curiosity, she would only have to take a few steps into the gloom. Even considering the foreboding nature of this domain, such an action would be quick, simple and practically risk free; Or so it would seem, until the temperamental gate closed and locked behind her...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-10-31 at 10:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610

Moroe and Hajime's House Thing

Another note fell to the ground, directly in front of Moroe.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, you found me pretty quick, oniichan! I bet oneechan didn't help you at all, so here's an easier riddle for next time!

I overlook the sky
    Looking down so very high,
    top of the world!
    Best in the land!
    This building is simply too grand!

"I found it in an arcade Master," A voice quietly whispered from behind her. Hajime (Shizuo? Shiki?) stood there, his eyes blank and empty as always, and waves of blue washed over his head. "It was a simple deduction from the note - it appears she wishes us to search for her."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

"GAH!"

Moroe leapt a foot straight upwards, in a manner most unbecoming of a trained operative. Was she getting rusty? No, it was more that Hajime's presence kept getting harder for her to detect. It was as if he was becoming attuned to her somehow. With some reluctance, she switched off the 'Shougo cam' and returned to the ongoing game of hide and seek. The first clue's solution provoked a snort of derision from her.

"'Deduction' indeed. More like a lucky guess. There were at least a dozen ways of interpreting that vague clue she gave us. Ah well, at least this one's less ambiguous. Come on, let's pay a visit to the most likely candidate."

Moroe stalked out of the room, muttering something about 'brats with too much time on their hands'. Her destination was a certain windowless building in District 7.

12. - Top - End - #612

Hajime did not respond to Moroe, as he rarely - if ever - did. But his lips did twitch at her muttered anger, and he moved to follow her quickly.

--------------

The windowless building was not tall. It was, in fact, rather small. But the small girl did not mind that as she kicked her feet back and forth on the edge of it.

"Oniichan and Oneechan... will you care when I'm gone?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper. No one responded - she was alone.

As always.

Her head tilted downwards, and she sniffed, holding back her tears while she rocked on the edge of the building, eventually pulling up her legs, and hugging them to herself.

"But... as long as we can... we can still play, right? Even if this is the only time Oneechan wanted to play. But she's really busy anyways, so it's okay that she doesn't play often... isn't it?"

The girl stood up slowly, and a small laugh bubbled over her lips, as another note fell to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Too laattteeee~

I sit up on the world so high
    and all that you ask me is "Why?"
    "Why do you fly?"
    "Where do you go?"
    "Where is this place you wish me to know?"
    It is so far
    But oh - is it grand!
    It's like a star found in the sand!

The girl slowly and carefully left the building, and headed to her next destination - the highest skyscraper in Academy City.

It will be a sad place for her. It will be a sad place for everyone involved.

It will also be her final destination.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's scowl deepened as she read the next note. How long would she be forced to play this ridiculous game? This was supposed to be her first weekend with Hajime: A chance to bond with the one person who would always accept her, no matter how much of her true self she revealed. Instead, she had to settle for ranting within earshot of him while travelling from one destination to another.

"...And the worst part is that I have no reason to dislike her! She's a good, kind, innocent kid who's helped me in ways I can never repay. But whenever she shouts 'Oneechan!' in that oh so adorable voice of hers, I just want to grind my teeth into stubs. Does that mean I'm a bad person? No, scratch that; Stupid question. The ever growing pile of corpses means I'm a bad person..."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Very little morning sunlight found its way into the alley. Swathes of thick cloth and paper had been hung between the roofs above, creating a makeshift ceiling. Apparently this area's inhabitants weren't fans of Academy City's famous aerial surveillance systems. The gate itself was tall and surprisingly sturdy, considering the rust which coated many parts of its frame. Had someone not carelessly left it ajar, it would have barred entry (or exit) quite effectively. From beyond this barrier came the low noise which had attracted Yua's attention. It seemed to be coming from an unseen source somewhere on the nearby ground. For Yua to satisfy her curiosity, she would only have to take a few steps into the gloom. Even considering the foreboding nature of this domain, such an action would be quick, simple and practically risk free; Or so it would seem, until the temperamental gate closed and locked behind her...
    Yua turns slowly to look at the gate, eyebrows raised in surprise. Stepping carefully forward, the young Esper continues down the alley. Awareness Control now much more active than normal, almost making it impossible to notice Yua even if one knew the blue-haired student was there. But only almost, as the power only affected the minds of humans.

Hopefully there would be no camera-equipped machines with ill intent.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Fortunately for Yua there were no cameras to be found. Without such devices to observe her, she could wander this normally dangerous area more or less as she pleased. If so inclined, she was free to skip merrily across the uneven ground, stopping occasionally to admire some particularly artistic graffiti. Such opportunities compensated somewhat for the stifling lack of directional choices: The buildings on either side insisted on restricting Yua's path to either 'forwards into the unknown' or 'backwards to stare at a locked gate'.

As she walked, other sounds would gradually join that of her footsteps. From somewhere up ahead came the murmur of many voices. They turned out to be coming from a nondescript building to Yua's left. Apparently some sort of meeting was taking place inside. But of more immediate concern was the teenage boy who was leaning casually against a large trash container near the door. Like Yua, he did not look like he belonged in this area. Though he wore grimy clothes, his face and demeanour had about them a look of supreme innocence. Everything from his serene smile to his kind, gentle eyes spoke of a man who knew nothing of human evil. Even when raised voices and the sound of argument started to come from within the building, his perfect calm remained unruffled.

Whatever had caused the dispute in this meeting, it escalated quickly. The attendees were clearly not people accustomed to holding their tempers. Even from outside, the progression of events was obvious from sound alone. First came the yelling; Then someone threw a punch; Then out came the knives; And finally the guns. This wasn't just some barroom brawl: People were dying in that building. But no matter how much the violence within escalated, no matter how many screams were heard, the angelic boy's smile never broke. He simply stood there, like an island of calm in a stormy sea.

16. - Top - End - #616

"This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
    ."

Shiho scowled visibly. Not enough time has passed for the ninja boy to even have a chance to respond to her question, and that ringtone could only mean that possibly the worst person that could have been on the other side of the line had decided to contact her. For a moment, she had forgotten that she was there to have fun - to get herself acquainted with Tokiwadai and its students and to forget about the project; regardless, she still picked up the phone.

On the other end was a rasping, almost mocking voice of a middle-aged man.

"Yo, Dr. Akiyama! I trust that you aren't playing schoolgirl so hard that you actually filtered out our meeting at 11:00 PM. That would be quite a pity, especially since I have so many interesting things that I want to try out."

"KIHARA." The word was spoken without any honorifics or even any pretense of being polite to the man on the other side of the line, and the girl's tone shifted to a rather deep, spiteful reproach. Her scowl grew wider; then, suddenly remembering that she was still the presence of Krystal, she turned away from her and forced her face back into a bright smile.

"Oh, such harshness! You wound me so, AIM Resonance!" Even as he spoke those words, the other man did not seem to mind this lapse of polite speech, as if he was completely acquainted with being addressed in such a manner. Instead, his reply was still rather jeering, speckled with an almost inaudible mixture of ruthlessness and respect for the girl. "But please do not mind my intrusion into your little playtime at Tokiwadai, I'm just calling you as a harbinger of good news. Apparently, the city got its hands on a new batch of child errors with very interesting powers. I know you've been dying for some new toys to play with, aren't you?"

"I'm really sorry, Professor Kihara." The girl was obviously straining to keep a polite tone in front of her new friend; her face - now once again turned away from Krystal - alternated between a forced smile and a look of absolute disgust. She paused for a while, taking a few silent, deep breaths and allowing herself to readjust her countenance to a broad smile. She spoke again, this time in another facade of politeness to not arouse any more suspicion from her companion. "I'm in the middle of getting used to the school garden right now. If this isn't an important matter, can I please call you back at a later time?"

"Oh? What's with the politeness? Is that some new way to make fun of me or something? Well, whatever, I'm just calling to tell you about the new toys. Make sure not to break them too quickly tonight, will you? I'm hoping for a few more doses of body crystal from this one than usual. Won't want to intrude on your fun too much. Laters!"

"Hmph." Shiho put away her own cellphone. Damned Kihara - and the afternoon was supposed to be a time when she could have fun and get away from all of this esper research business. Ruining the mood whenever he feels like it, that bastard...

"Sorry about that, Krystal-sama." Shiho's expression returned to the cheerful smile that she wore just seconds before receiving that dreadful call. With a childish giggle, she scratched her head rather confusedly and tried to explain to her companion what had just happened. "Professor Kiyama is a friend and one of my guardians in academy city before I transferred to Tokiwadai. I guess he was just being an adult and I kinda became a little mad...oh, you know, like how parents are like 'oh, you have to do this and that' to your kids. The professor is kinda naggy like that."
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2012-11-05 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Coloring the professor's speech.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo coughed, suddenly snapping to attention, forcing himself to leap onto his feet. He was aware of the gazes of the two girls resting solidly on him, and the fact that until just an instant ago, he was slumped against the wall. How embarrassing-And he figured that they had probably called out to ask if he was okay. His mouth worked, attempting to form something that would negate his social gaffe; and failed horrendously, only managing a weak murmur. His face darkening with shame, Shougo did what he normally did when faced with such circumstances; he panicked, and attempted to make himself scarce.

Leaping up and over the two girls and onto a balcony, Shougo managed to get into a half-dash before he managed to calm himself down. It was rather much, he decided; no doubt he had made himself look like an even bigger fool in front of a pair of girls who were simply concerned about his welfare. In light of this, Shougo willed himself to stop dead in his tracks, ignoring the thudding of his heart. A moment later, Shougo poured in an even greater effort, forcing his body to turn around and his voice to address Shiho and Krystal in weak, raspy tones.

"Ah-...I...Yes, I am. I apologise for my ...Erratic behaviour. I have recently been released from hospital. How did you know my name?"

__________________________________________________ _______________

((OOC: Tell me if you had another idea, and I'll change it, C'nor.))

Ina yawned, glancing at the clock in her room.

Wait. This wasn't her room. That wasn't her clock. And it was one in the afternoon.

"Oh no!"

She then leapt out of bed, noting her disheveled clothing and the fact that she still had last nights' makeup on. What, exactly, had happened last night? A brief moment of remorse occupied her mind before she shrugged and decided that since she was now home (or rather, Kasais' home), in one piece, with her purse at the foot of her bed, she had probably had an exceedingly good night with an exceedingly good friend.

Yawning again, she walked to the bathroom, intending to wash up (and thank Kasai once more-No doubt she was already awake, probably doing something intelligent and productive). If Kasai were there, she would have waved to her sleepily, murmuring an equally sleepy 'Morning, Kasasi-chan'.

18. - Top - End - #618

"Ah!" Distractedby the phone call, Shiho had almost forgotten that she was calling out to the ninja boy just a moment ago. She didn't really pay much attention to what he was doing then; she only knew that he was dashing around for some reason before deciding to confront her and Krystal. The girl mentally filtered out Professor Kiyama and returned to her cheerful and girlish personality, speaking to Shougo in her traditional polite form.

"You gave Crocell-sama and us your name just a while ago in the arcade, remember? Sorry if I'm intruding too much, but you were collapsed next to the wall just a moment ago, and we were just concerned for a fellow student's health. Um, are you sure you're all right?"

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kin didn't reply. The power of speech seemed to have left her. Her arms hung limply by her sides as she let Crocell's hug envelop her. Hopefully words would no longer be necessary to convey how truly, horribly bad she felt about all this.
    Crocell rubbed the top of Kin's head in as comforting a manner as he could hope to accomplish. In his head he cursed himself for his temper, based on what he saw yesterday Kin took all of her shortcomings quite hard. She would probably be blaming herself for what they had talked about all day. He only wished to stop her tears at the moment. Finding out what he actually did could come just a little bit later. So using his powers he tried to make himself as comfortably warm as possible. Kin liked that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Shougo stammered, unsure of what to say. Really? 'Think nothing of it'? The fact of the matter stood is that he owed him a debt-Nothing would have changed it. No matter what he said, no matter how he assured him it was nothing; Shougo promised himself that he would repay the debt that he owed him, no matter what he took. His father would have accepted nothing less, and the thought of being in the debt of Judgement irked him somewhat.

His mind was still working on a reply when Kin and Crocell appeared to have a spat at each other and Shougo, his legs moving almost on instinct, found himself quite a distance away from the arcade, in an attempt to avoid the interpersonal conflict that was no doubt about to erupt. When he finally caught wind of where he was, Shougo cursed internally. He glanced back, seeing the blonde-haired boy storm off in a huff, followed by Kin, and decided that he would approach him later. Now would probably not be the best time.

Of course, Shougo did not want to suddenly lose sight of Crocell (especially considering that the chances of them meeting again were extremely slim), and so he began trailing them quietly, using Charge Action to muffle the sound of his footsteps until the chance to ask him as to how he should repay his debt should occur. Failing that, Shougo resolved to give him his number. He didn't have to follow them very far; he eventually found them in a nearby abandoned lot. After a brief argument, they eventually ended up embracing each other fiercely.

Shougo looked away, uncomfortable with the display, before a sudden spasm of ...Pain? No, that wasn't quite it... Nostalgia? Something flared in his head. His heart felt like it was skipping beats as he ...Struggled to remember...The face that...

He could no longer maintain his secrecy and slumped against the side of the wall, breathing heavily.
    Crocell noticed the heavy breathing of Shougo and walked over to where he heard the noise with his arms still wrapped protectively around Kin as he did so. He then eventually sees Shougo and the rest of their party as he says, "Ninja dude? What are you doing here? And are you hurt?"

(OOC: Yeah I'm back, had a few things pop up IRL. P.S Having your apartment get flooded sucks, especially since if the water gets under your beds you have to dismantle them to get the padding out from under your carpet.)

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's tears dried quickly in the comforting warmth. By the time she and Crocell rejoined the main group, she looked a little closer to her usual self. Sadly, this was just a paper-thin mask. Those who knew her would be able to tell that she was far from okay. Unwilling to face the outside world yet, she stayed safely nestled inside Crocell's protective embrace. Perhaps in time she would be able to regain his trust.

21. - Top - End - #621

Well, Shiho's phone call sure was a little odd. But, Krystal accepted the explanation for it. Made sense to her, at least.

Then there was Shougo's attempt at running away. Krystal guessed that he might be shy around New people. Or maybe embaressed. She wasn't sure why he would be embarrassed, but then again, she wasn't him. She nods at Shiho's explanation of knowing his name to confirm it.

Then Crocell and Kin return! Krystal gives them a smile and a wave. She can tell that Lin is still bothered by something, but decides not to ask her about it yet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #622
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Yo, AK, is Shiota Crocells' first name or surname? Because Shougo would only refer to him by his surname at this point, as they are effectively strangers to each other.))

Shougo stuttered, unsure of how to act in front of so many people.

"I...Ah...I cannot ... Let my debt go unpaid, Shiota-san. My father taught me this; always repay your debts. If there is anything I could do, Shiota-san..."

He inhaled slowly, unsuccessfully attempting to calm his nerves, before leaping over the balcony rails and landing gently on the ground, red scarf fluttering in the breeze. From here, he pulled out his phone-An extremely old, battered affair, fumbling through his own contacts list (at what was quite probably a slow and embarrassing pace) before apparently finding the number that he wanted.

"Ah...My number is..."

He gave Crocell his number, before turning to face Shiho with somewhat-bewildered eyes, taking in her Tokiwadai uniform with a great deal of respect. Alongside her was a foreign girl, white-haired and silver-eyed, and it took a certain degree of effort on Shougos' part not to stare-He did not, after all, encounter such people frequently, much less ones so unusual-looking or regal in appearance.

It looked like he had fallen in with some decidedly important company, he decided; and his own decidedly rustic appearance made him even more uncomfortable in their presence. They were probably powerful Espers too, he thought to himself, feeling impotent with his outlandish ninja tools and his (in his mind) newly-attained Level Two.

"And...There is no need to call me -sama, Tokiwadai-dono. I am merely a student of Onizuka...Really, it is I who should be paying you respect."

He then bowed in that strange, outdated fashion of his, revealing for a brief instant that horrific scar on his neck, quickly covered up by his scarf, greeting them in an extremely formal, humble manner.

"It is an honor to make your acquaintance."

After some time had passed, and they had responded, Shougo would have asked a strange question, perhaps speaking right over them - one that suddenly popped into his head unbidden and forced its' way out of his mouth before he had realised it.

"Would any of you, by any chance, know how to get to Millenium Training Centre, Block 16a, in District 19?"

While he covered his mouth immediately, apologising for his impasse, this was a decidedly odd question.

This was the same place where Crocell was instructed to go on Monday afternoon-The same place where the Academy City Paramilitary Cadet Recruitment group was going to be.

"Yo! Tobio, how ya been, man?"

There was a brief bout of laughter as Tobio was-Probably quite forcibly-Removed from his morose state of mind. It was Reijo Sojiro, the headband-wearing invisible Judgement agent, dressed, as he usually was, in his military pants and black bandanna around his head. Evidently, he had not noticed Tobios' bad mood in the slightest and he was grinning wildly, apparently proud of some recent accomplishment or something of the like.

"It's been ages, bro! Heh, and I actually managed to sneak up on ya. Kirby-chan said I wouldn't be able to do it, haha."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-11-06 at 10:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Shiota is Crocell's last name. Sorry if there was a bit of confusion about that.)

Tobio gives a start as Sojiro sneaks up on him, bringing him out of his depression. He looks at the person who he apparently made a very strong impression on. After all, he even called him bro! That had to count for something right? With a small smile Tobio waves back as he says, "Hey, Sojiro I was just deep in thought. I was thinking about my powers while I was practicing with them."

Tobio momentarily looks down at the floor as he holds a fist over his heart. "I've managed to get to level 4, I know that much. However I don't feel the block that most people say the feel when they reach this level. I think...I think I might be able to reach the next level. But, everyone said that I could never be a level 5. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's too good to be true...What do you think Sojiro.?"
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Crocell takes the number from Shougo and, probably to the strangely garbed boy's surprise, looked at him with a great deal of respect. As if the fact that he would always repay his debts not matter how small had struck a cord with the, admittedly shorter, boy. Then he asks his question. "That place? Yeah I do, I actually have to go there on Monday. Which reminds me! I wanted to share some news with you guys!"

Crocell begins rummaging through his pockets until he pulls out an envelope and removes the letter within. He then begins to read it to his audience.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

"C-congratulations, Shiota-san. This must be a great honour for you."

Kin still sounded a little shaky. Despite this, she managed to summon up a genuinely warm smile to commemorate this occasion. She even refrained from any disparaging remarks about government initiatives and the 'cages of conformity'.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Fortunately for Yua there were no cameras to be found. Without such devices to observe her, she could wander this normally dangerous area more or less as she pleased. If so inclined, she was free to skip merrily across the uneven ground, stopping occasionally to admire some particularly artistic graffiti. Such opportunities compensated somewhat for the stifling lack of directional choices: The buildings on either side insisted on restricting Yua's path to either 'forwards into the unknown' or 'backwards to stare at a locked gate'.

As she walked, other sounds would gradually join that of her footsteps. From somewhere up ahead came the murmur of many voices. They turned out to be coming from a nondescript building to Yua's left. Apparently some sort of meeting was taking place inside. But of more immediate concern was the teenage boy who was leaning casually against a large trash container near the door. Like Yua, he did not look like he belonged in this area. Though he wore grimy clothes, his face and demeanour had about them a look of supreme innocence. Everything from his serene smile to his kind, gentle eyes spoke of a man who knew nothing of human evil. Even when raised voices and the sound of argument started to come from within the building, his perfect calm remained unruffled.

Whatever had caused the dispute in this meeting, it escalated quickly. The attendees were clearly not people accustomed to holding their tempers. Even from outside, the progression of events was obvious from sound alone. First came the yelling; Then someone threw a punch; Then out came the knives; And finally the guns. This wasn't just some barroom brawl: People were dying in that building. But no matter how much the violence within escalated, no matter how many screams were heard, the angelic boy's smile never broke. He simply stood there, like an island of calm in a stormy sea.
    Yua's face, though unseen by the strange youngster, turns slowly from one of curiosity to sheer shock. At the punch, Yua steps back, at the knives, Yua gasps, and at the gunshots the previously undetected Esper shouts.

"No... Nono, STOP IT!"

The jolt from undetectable to quite Present is uncomfortably quick, possibly even making the youngster feel as if Yua retroactively was worked into reality. Somehow, it might even make sense for Yua to be there, at least for a short moment.

That moment would be enough, however, as Yua tries to push the semi-guard aside and barge in the door, forgetting stealth at the sound of mortal violence.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

The boy did not attempt to bar Yua's passage. Thanks to her power, he wasn't even surprised by the sudden appearance of a screaming person right in front of him. By the time he realised what had just happened, she would already have made it past him. Even then, he would not follow. Only death waited beyond that door.

With just a single step, Nakamura Yua crossed into hell. Every one of her senses was instantly assaulted by the new world in which she now stood. Her ears pounded with horrendous sounds which had first prompted her to take this rash course, no longer muffled or distant; Every breath of air was filled to bursting with the smell of fresh blood; Her feet brushed against soft, bulky and unmistakable shapes which littered the floor, unmoving; And before her eyes, people died. Whether by means of bullet, blade or bare hands, every person in this room was utterly devoted to the destruction of all others. No matter where she looked, Yua's gaze would find only the dead and the dying. And with each passing second, she grew ever more likely to become a target herself.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo opened his mouth in surprise. This was unexpected-A fellow cadet?

"Really? So do I."

And immediately after he said this, Shougo began to feel pangs of inferiority once more; here was a Judgement member, in the company of Tokiwadai girls. He did not look or feel at all uncomfortable-Shougo would be willing to wager that he was likely a Level Four, and likely a member of a prestigious school to boot. He coughed, looking away uncomfortably, but not yet read to retire quite yet. After all, he still owed Crocell a debt-One that had yet to be repaid.

Why had they chosen him? Of all people?

It didn't make sense.

...It didn't make sense.

Sojiro guffawed.

"Man, Tobio, Don't listen to them. If that's what ya want, man, you'll get there. Won't lie, ain't easy-Ya got a lot of competition ahead of ya, but don't ya stop. You'll make it there, bro. If that's what you want."

He stopped suddenly, looking very serious and glancing over his shoulder conspiratorially. Clearly, this was a subject he was used to talking about; and one that he felt like he knew a little more about than the average Academy City citizen.

"But make sure it is what you want, bro. You gotta sacrifice a lot to get there, no two ways 'bout that. Why else do ya think Academy City tries so hard to make Level Fives? Any case, man, reach for your dreams. I'll be helpin' ya best as I can, provided it ain't hurtin' ya. 'sides, power ain't everything, ya know?"

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    ((OOC: Tell me if you had another idea, and I'll change it, C'nor.))

Ina yawned, glancing at the clock in her room.

Wait. This wasn't her room. That wasn't her clock. And it was one in the afternoon.

"Oh no!"

She then leapt out of bed, noting her disheveled clothing and the fact that she still had last nights' makeup on. What, exactly, had happened last night? A brief moment of remorse occupied her mind before she shrugged and decided that since she was now home (or rather, Kasais' home), in one piece, with her purse at the foot of her bed, she had probably had an exceedingly good night with an exceedingly good friend.

Yawning again, she walked to the bathroom, intending to wash up (and thank Kasai once more-No doubt she was already awake, probably doing something intelligent and productive). If Kasai were there, she would have waved to her sleepily, murmuring an equally sleepy 'Morning, Kasasi-chan'.
    Kasai is indeed awake, though judging by how groggy she looks, she hasn't been that way long, likely only enough time to throw on some clothes, her current attire, consisting of a pair of ragged black jeans, and a loose black t-shirt with a phoenix (likely one Kasai made, considering the style) on the front, most definitely not being the outfit she'd worn last night.

In any case, however, she is awake enough to tiredly return the wave, and murmur something that sounds as though it could be 'Morning, Ina-chan*' in response to the greeting, before, if nothing prevents her, heading into the kitchen to dig up something for them to eat.

*Honorifics are not my strong point. If another would be more appropriate, please inform me so that I can change it.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-11 at 05:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Time to feed some coal to the fire. By the way Anyr I have no idea where Terry is. I haven't seen him posting in anything lately. Though it's probably just because finals are coming up.)

Tobio nods to Sojiro as he says, "Alright then, I'll train my butt off to become a level five then. I want to show everyone that I'm not just some stuttering weird and weak kid. I want to show that I can be strong too. Most importantly though, I want to use every last scrap of power I can get to help people. So I'm going to become a level 5! Thanks for the confidence boost Sojiro."

Crocell nods to Kin as he says, "Thanks, though I am wondering just what all their going to be having us do. Plus you got one as well Shougo? Well you certainly look the part of a defender of justice. So what's you power? I'm a pryokinetic myself."

30. - Top - End - #630

"Tokiwadai-dono?" That statement confused Shiho for a moment; she felt somewhat uncomfortable being addressed by a school label. Her face flushed red for a bit before she replied to the ninja in an embarrassed voice: "Um...Shougo-sama, you shouldn't really say that. The only difference between Tokiwadai and Onizuka now is really just a matter of wealth. You don't need to treat me any differently just because of something like that."

She walked towards the boy. He was quite short for his age, Shiho had noticed, though she herself was a fair bit shorter and seems almost akin to a child even amongst his company. Regardless, she proceeded, tugging lightly at the boy's garments. "I'm Akiyama Shiho. You're Shougo-sama. Please, just call me Shiho-chan from now on; no need for the 'Tokiwadai-dono' part.". The phrase was spoken with an innocent grin on the girl's visage, as if she did not realize the irony of such a statement spoken as if addressing a business partner rather than a friend.

At the mention of the Paramilitary Cadets, the girl became inwardly curious. A lot of the occurrences in Academy City - whether it's a new research or some other happenings of the dark side - usually goes through her ears at some point, so why is it that she has never heard of such? Perhaps she just didn't remember...? "Congratulations," she replied to Crocell (and Shougo as well), still wearing a grin on her face. "If you don't mind my curiosity though, Crocell-sama, can I ask what the 'Paramilitary Cadets' is? It sounds really exciting."

{OOC: Oops, haha. Fixed the wrong names. This proves I shouldn't try to type on my iPhone in the middle of work.}
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2012-11-15 at 10:41 AM.