New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    ((Yeah, I was planning on playing at least some of it. Probably not the whole thing, though. I'll put some tags on the posts for it so it doesn't get confused with everything else.))

Krystal's Room - Last Night

One thing Kin might notice is an increase in the number of decorations since her last visit. Mainly posters. Including a few with the word "MICHIGAN" across them in yellow letters on a blue background. In English.

Go ahead and get comfortable. I'll get the site up and get some snacks. Still got a little while before the game actually starts. Krystal plops down in front of her computer and turns it on. The monitor is big enough that one could sit on the bed and see it just fine.
    Kin wasted no time in following orders. She leaped eagerly onto the bed and proceeded to lounge like a seasoned pro.

"Take your time."

Krystal's Room - This Morning

Krystal wakes up later than usual, what with her staying up well past midnight due to the game. She lays the for a moment, giving her brain a chance to recognize the fact that she was no longer asleep. She makes to roll over, but finds she can't due to a human shaped object firmly attached to her. She looks to see Kin snuggled to her and smiles. While.she didn't exactly expect this, she wasn't too surprised by it. It was Kin, after all.

She'll wait a couple minutes to she if Kin wakes up on her own before gently poking the girl.
    It would take more than a little prodding to wake the sleeping figure. Over the years, Kin had developed two strong defences against those who sought to wake her early: Namely, entering a state of unconsciousness deep enough to weather an earthquake; And looking incredibly adorable while doing so. Her cherubic countenance was carefully tuned to provoke the maximum amount of sympathy from onlookers. It practically screamed 'Come on you heartless monster, let her sleep a while longer!'

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Futile. Such deceptions were useless in a situation like this. It wasn't that the stranger could see through them; It was more that he didn't even need to. Yua might as well have been trying to distract a deaf man with loud noises. Though standing her ground against a murderer with unknown abilities had been a brave act, it wasn't a smart one. Now there was no longer a chance to escape as, at long last, her defences were breached. Without warning, the roving eyes suddenly stopped dead. For a full second, they stared directly into Yua's own, until-

*TREEP*

-being completely distracted by the most ill-timed phone call of his entire life. With an expression that almost approached annoyance, the normally serene angel answered it.

"This is not a good time.
    Yes, complete success. But-
    Yes, all of them. But-"
    Right now? Right this second now?
    ...Fine."

A black car drew up to the kerb outside. Ten seconds later, it departed with the stranger inside.
    Yua, being unused to anyone making eye-contact on purpose, responds with a surprised expression. As the surprise distracts the Ghost from the implications of being seen by someone who just murdered a room full of people, fear never shows on Yua's face.

As the seer quickly replies on the phone and gets ready to leave, Yua attempts to follow. A few metres too far behind, Yua does not get to the car before its door is shut and its wheels moving. However, Yua makes note of two things.

How the car looked, including its license plate number (if it has one) and in what direction it went.

Yua had no way to move as quickly as an automobile, but perhaps these bits of information might be useful. If the danger did not hit Yua's consciousness before the young Esper figured out a way.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Nope, it's still Monday afternoon, after school.))

Masami frowned, angling her glasses downwards and shrouding her eyes in shadow. Those creatures, huh? That's right. She bit her lower lip, unsure of she should tell him, before deciding that he might as well know, rapidly pacing around the room like a caged animal and likely unnerving Tobio a little.

"No...Those weren't normal dogs, or even ordinary creatures. Psychic power cannot recreate them, although illusionary telepathy could serve to accomplish the same function. But that was no illusion."

She paused, attempting to remember where she had kept-Ah, that's right. Fifth drawer, filed under 'last week'. With a 'whoosh', the papers disappeared from her filing cabinet and appeared in her hands, where she slammed it down on the desk and opened the folder, flicking through to the pages where-Ah, here they were.

On the page were drawings of animals just like the ones that were in Tobios' memories.

"There had been a string of attacks with creatures matching the ones in your memory, Ishida. At least, that is what the victims have reported. Do not worry, this case will be resolved soon-I have cause to believe that a few of my agents have found a lead on the source of these unnatural creatures...And once we find it, we can pull it out. At the root."

She pushed the bridge of her glasses up again, firmly all business.

"It was good that they attacked you, though, Ishida. At least you could defend yourself more than adequately, unlike several of their other, hapless victims. Now, if you have no more questions, you are dismissed."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

The man turns, clenching his right hand he does so, before releasing it as soon as he sees Ina and Kasai. A soft blue light dances across his eyes as he looks at them.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you here for the Ascendancy thingamajig, too?"

He makes a small nod in response.

"Yes... But I do believe that is tomorrow. I'm just here to take a look at the place... Do you mind putting out that light?"

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yua, being unused to anyone making eye-contact on purpose, responds with a surprised expression. As the surprise distracts the Ghost from the implications of being seen by someone who just murdered a room full of people, fear never shows on Yua's face.

As the seer quickly replies on the phone and gets ready to leave, Yua attempts to follow. A few metres too far behind, Yua does not get to the car before its door is shut and its wheels moving. However, Yua makes note of two things.

How the car looked, including its license plate number (if it has one) and in what direction it went.

Yua had no way to move as quickly as an automobile, but perhaps these bits of information might be useful. If the danger did not hit Yua's consciousness before the young Esper figured out a way.
    {OOC: ...This needs a response, doesn't it? I must have misread it the first time around. Good grief, my brain is like mushy semolina at the moment.}

The car was luxurious, but impersonal. It looked like the sort of thing stocked by expensive rental services, or given to executives by their company. It did indeed have a license plate, which Yua would have ample time to note down or photograph. Aside from that, there weren't really any clues that a civilian like her could notice. This whole encounter belonged to a world far removed from the one in which she usually dwelt. If she wanted to travel any deeper into it, she'd probably need some help.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-02-08 at 01:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

{OOC: ...This needs a response, doesn't it? I must have misread it the first time around. Good grief, my brain is like mushy semolina at the moment.}

The car was luxurious, but impersonal. It looked like the sort of thing stocked by expensive rental services, or given to executives by their company. It did indeed have a license plate, which Yua would have ample time to note down or photograph. Aside from that, there weren't really any clues that a civilian like her could notice. This whole encounter belonged to a world far removed from the one in which she usually dwelt. If she wanted to travel any deeper into it, she'd probably need some help.
    Doing the only thing that came to mind, Yua jots down the license plate number. Staring after the car and knowing that only an Esper with superhuman speed could follow on foot, Yua turns to find the help that could solve this.

However, that task might be almost as impossible as following the car itself. Who in Academy City would know anything about mysterious mass-murderers disappearing in anonymous cars from a café? Let alone be so careless as to be found by a student?

Pondering, Yua weighs the option of telling authorities against trying to figure out more on her own.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Little did Yua know just how much she'd accomplished. The very fact that she still had a pulse was an achievement in and of itself. But to leave with a license number and a clear memory of the culprit's face? That was a rare feat indeed for a humble civilian. The man within that car was most definitely not in the habit of leaving loose ends lying around. Like the rest of his team, he was intelligent...

"I'm going to personally hunt down this 'Rubik' guy and make him eat his damn cube!"

...meticulous...

"nOw WHeRE diD i PUt tHAt pILE Of coRpSeS?"

...and completely devoid of compassion.

"Hajime looks so peaceful when he sleeps."

Yet for some reason, he preferred to work alone. How strange.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nodded to Masami and headed back to his desk. After tidying up and making sure he had everything he needed he decided to call it a night and head back home. Once he did, a quick change into his pajamas was followed by falling asleep rather quickly. For once Tobio's sleep was rather peaceful. The thought that he would be able to talk about that night to someone who could help him was already beginning the healing, like a safety net. He would wake up feeling more rested than he had for days.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Meanwhile Crocell would be just waking up around 5:30am. His eyes blearily opened as the suns rays greeted him. Rolling over out of bed he went though his morning rituals and put on his usual outfit. He decided to go a on a little walk about for a little bit. The argument that had with Kin swimming slowly to the forefront of his mind. He thought about how badly she was crying and let out a sigh at the mess that had been made. Now how could he clean it up?

(OOC: If I'm correct the current in-game day is Sunday, right?)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-02-18 at 02:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atrum-Persavor View Post
    The man turns, clenching his right hand he does so, before releasing it as soon as he sees Ina and Kasai. A soft blue light dances across his eyes as he looks at them.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you here for the Ascendancy thingamajig, too?"

He makes a small nod in response.

"Yes... But I do believe that is tomorrow. I'm just here to take a look at the place... Do you mind putting out that light?"
    "And why should I?", Kasai asks, the flames twisting into a dragon perched on her arm, the claws, fangs, and wing membranes a searing white, while its eyes are red, though the scales, overall, retains the original blue coloration. "It's not as though we know you, and it's not a threat unless I send it at you, so what's your problem with it?"

As she speaks, the beast on her arm mantles at the newcomer, hissing, giving a very good impression of actually being alive, despite the impossibility of that.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

The young man sighs, taking in Kasais' apparent expression of power.

"A level Four, huh? Look, I'm not here to cause you any harm, and I take it you've also been invited to this particular experiment. In that case, I'm your..."

His mouth twisted with something that might resemble a sneer...Or was it distaste?

"Your fellow experi-...I mean, participant. And if you have come to poke around, you'll find this place rather locked down; not even someone with my powers can really peek in around much. Not that you'll see anything of importance. The top floors are all standard gymnasium things-Pools, courtyards, weights rooms and all. I suspect most of the ...Interesting stuff, is underground."

He checked his watch, irritatedly noting the time, before raising his gaze to meet Ina and Kasai once more.

"My name is Shirogane Ren, and I suspect we will meet again. You should get a good nights' sleep-No doubt tomorrow will be quite ... Tiring."

Glancing skywards, the young man disappeared in a sphere of shimmering light, droplets of rain scintillating brightly as they made contact with it. Inas' mouth opened as caught sight of it-Easily impressed by bright, flashing lights, this young teleporter had clearly made quite an impression on her.

"Well, um...That was weird, yeah...But cool!"

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: Okay then! I'm gonna see if I can go ahead and get the train tracks a rollin' again!)

Tobio went through his morning rituals after waking up from a surprisingly peaceful slumber. It was a beautiful Sunday morning and he was not quite sure what to do with his day. He didn't think he had any patrols today so he wouldn't have to worry about that. Normally that meant that today would be a strictly training day. However after having made so many friends this week he decided he would see if he could hang out with any of them. After all that's what people with friends did on weekends right? With that thought in his mind Tobio headed off to the house of his first friend Mei. He had no idea what they would do if she did decide to hang out with him but he figured that the problem would resolve itself.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Crocell came to a stop in front of the Tokiwadai dorm. He blinked in surprise at where his feet had taken him in his thoughtful daze. Checking his watch he was surprised to see that it was about 9:30 am. He must have been thinking harder that he thought he was. Putting it out of his mind he pushed the button for the intercom system to buzz into Krystal's room.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Ryuji's day had an uninteresting start. He had filled his quota of free work for his mother this week and so was wondering around Academy city. He was trying to find something to do but no inspiration was finding him. It would be a dull day indeed if he couldn't find a means to occupy himself. Times like this made him wish his life was like an anime and that adventure would just come tumbling out of the sky. At the very least it would be something outside the norm.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-02-28 at 11:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as the buzzer sounded, Kin's arm shot out towards the bedside intercom; No mean feat, considering that she was fast asleep. She proceeded to send a seriously sleepy set of sounds streaming through the speaker.

"Hrtrjn...Nii-Samaaa....Why do you always have to call so eaaarrrrlllyyy...zzz..."

13. - Top - End - #703
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Dr. Akiyama! Please wake up!"

"Grr..."

"Doctor! It's already eight o'clock in the morning. Dr. Kihara informed..."

"Issei, was it? Grtffafert..." The young girl rose from her computer desk in obvious frustration; her left hand reached for a pink mug - adorned with the face of a standard neko coneco featured in a prominent anime show - and retracted back quickly once she had confirmed the temperature of its contents. She seemed suddenly awake, now; her body jolted upward at the touch of the hot liquid as her legs struck the table with apparant force, and she turned to face the young scientist with an obvious scowl.

"You're here as a scientist, are you not, Dr. Iwatani? Or are you actively searching for a new job as my coffee boy? Just in case if it's the latter - I do not drink coffee, and I am very capable of getting my own drinks in the morning, if not always of waking up on time. I assume that Kihara is compiling the results from yesterday? Why are you not helping him..." The girl caught herself and looked around a bit. Her expression softened slightly when she realized the nature of her outburst, although her voice remained one of resolute authority. "Oh, forget it. I guess I still need my fix of sugary drinks in the morning. Sorry, just leave me be for a while and go help Dr. Kihara with something. Or finish this report that I'm writing if you want to. Feel free to put your name on it."

The girl didn't wait for the scientist to reply. She trudged downstairs toward the common vending area and - seeing that no one else was around at the time - gulped down two cans of imported carbonated drinks in one minute.

Shiho had an agreement with Tokiwadai.

In acknowledgment of her vocation as a researcher, Shiho was exempted from the dormitory and curfew rules that are normally in place for the other students of the academy. It was expected that she would be frequently absent at night for the Level-6 SHIFT program; as a result, the dormitory officials would turn a blind eye to the girl whenever she would return to the dorm's halls in the wee hours of daybreak. Most of this - as is, in fact, her admission into the school in the first place - was arranged through Professor Kihara's influence in the city, and as much as the girl and the Kihara teased each other, Shiho had a profound inner respect for the professor as both an enabler for some of her more childish desires and as a man who dedicated his entire life to the pursuit of science.

The bond between the two was not that of sword brothers and sisters, or even that of a parent and child. The very thought of a member of the Kihara family having love for something other than science was an absurd one, and the only real bond that could tie the two together was through their mutual love for science. Even on account of Shiho request to attend Tokiwadai, the professor had only signed a few forms without much care for their contents. On her part, the girl was always wary of the professor's cruelty, but understanding - and coping - with the necessity of what HOUND DOG or FRIEND was occasionally asked to do. She did not sign into the experiment as a cold-hearted monster, but it was the necessity for this line of work. No human - especially not one of her age - would remain just a innocent child when faced with the dark side of Academy City at such a young age, and Shiho had adapted perfectly in this regard.

You could say, in some ways, that her desire to attend Tokiwadai was like a breather to this persona. It was a place where she could put on the mask of a kind, geniune girl of her age - where she could make friends as girls her age would normally do, and where she could escape (however temporarily) the life that she was predestined to the moment that her power was identified by Academy City. Every morning at the precise moment of 5, she would return to these dormitories and resume the identity of Shiho the Tokiwadai student; some evenings, she would leave and assume her role as a researcher.

Such was the life of Akiyama Shiho.

This was to be her first day in the dormitories, however; she had not given her room number to the two girls that she had met the day prior, and as such they should have no reason to suspect that she was not still in her dorms. Besides, yesterday was too special of a night to abide by her self-imposed labratory curfew. She could easily leave at eight, not return to the dorms at all, and simply excuse herself as an (occasional) early riser if she does happen to run into Kin or Crystal.

The girl yawned lazily when her face hit the splendor of the rising sun. She had worked alongside university interns in the past (Aki and Saki, in fact, being two of them) and had understood well the resistance to Caffeine that they had adopted, although this was the first time that two cans of 'Diet Mountain Dew' had left her still half-asleep. She had no reason to return to the dorm early on this particular Sunday; Shiho had contemplated falling asleep on some nearby bench - or perhaps on the metro bus to District 7 - but the caffeine would not allow her to sleep, either. As a result, she remained in this unfortunate state - half asleep, half awake, and visibly annoyed at this predicament - until she was finally able to reach the School Gardens.
    Last edited by Felyndiira; 2013-03-04 at 04:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell blinks in confusion at the very sleepy but unmistakable voice that comes through the speaker. He then remembers that Kin and Krystal were having a sort of sleepover while Krystal's dad was calling. Pressing the button to respond he says in a deadpan voice, "It's not that early Kin. It's 9:30 a perfectly reasonable time to be up. Plus if I was you brother you would have had the covers jerked off of you by now."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

"*Yaaawwnnn*...Nii-sama would never do something so...Shiota-san?"

In the space of two seconds, Kin went from barely conscious to wide awake. Even her fabled sleeping skills couldn't overcome the triple dose of relief, guilt and trepidation which that voice provoked. She leapt straight to her feet; Only to fall back down again because she was still entangled with Krystal.

"Shiota-san? Is that you? You sound tense. Are you still angry? Do you want me to come down? It's okay if you don't. We can talk over the intercom. Or not. I-it's up to you. Hello?"

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Little did Yua know just how much she'd accomplished. The very fact that she still had a pulse was an achievement in and of itself. But to leave with a license number and a clear memory of the culprit's face? That was a rare feat indeed for a humble civilian. The man within that car was most definitely not in the habit of leaving loose ends lying around. Like the rest of his team, he was intelligent...

"I'm going to personally hunt down this 'Rubik' guy and make him eat his damn cube!"

...meticulous...

"nOw WHeRE diD i PUt tHAt pILE Of coRpSeS?"

...and completely devoid of compassion.

"Hajime looks so peaceful when he sleeps."

Yet for some reason, he preferred to work alone. How strange.
    (Sorry for the long pause, homework and a weird schedule... ^_^')

Yua did indeed have little clue as to how much this knowledge meant, but did know that any knowledge would be dire to stop the unknown killers.

Frantically, the young Esper runs through the street seeking help. A police officer, a friend, anyone who might provide hints to how to stop this. Even if Yua was running mostly on adrenaline, there was no telling what could happen. If it had taken a near-invisible Esper to witness this murder, it seemed to Yua that they could get away with unspeakable terrors with no one to stop them.

(If anyone wish to jump in and assist or come along with Yua, feel free! ^_^)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Apologies, I've spent the past week virtually away from home with a friend. I'll resume posting now.))

"Ima watashi no, negai goto ga..."

The sound of utterly pitch-perfect singing emanated from the Kamakura residence as Tobio approached it, accompanied by what was apparently a competent pianist. As Tobio neared the house, he would quickly be able to see that Mei was singing while still in her pajamas while her brother Kouta, still in bandages, played the piano beside her...While still in his underwear. However, in the time it took for Tobio to realise this, the piano immediately stopped. Mei soon followed suit.

"Eh? Why'd you stop, Kouta-nii?"

There was the brief 'clack' of the piano cover closing as Kouta stood up, yawning and wincing as the movement tugged at his shoulders' wound.

"I do believe we have a guest, Mei-chan-The blue-haired boy, in fact; and I am hardly in a presentable condition."

With another yawn and a somewhat painful stretch, Kamakura Kouta retreated further into the house, presumably to put on some clothes. Mei blinked and looked around confusedly, before moving over to the window and catching sight of Tobio. With a slightly embarrassed gasp, as she had not really gotten ready to meet anyone yet, she gave Tobio a weak smile followed by a wave, and, with a little bit of hesitation, opened her front door to invite him in.

"A...Ah, good morning, Tobio-kun...Sorry about um, the mess, myself included. We hadn't expected anyone quite yet. ...Please, come in."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's a nice morning."

So thought Ishimaru Moroe, as she sat beneath a tree in one of Academy City's nicer parks. She was engaged in a motivational technique known as 'focusing on the positive'.

"The grass is soft."

By thinking exclusively about all the good things in her life right now, she aimed to get over her recent setbacks.

"The gun hidden in my coat is fully loaded and great for quick suicides."

Unfortunately, it wasn't going very well. For some reason she was having serious trouble getting through this rough patch. What a pity.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio awkwardly rubs the back of his head as Mei addresses him. He walks in with his eyes glued to the floor. He shyly looks around the house before his eyes settle on Mei. "A-Ano, I wasn't e-expecting that I would be i-invited in. I-I was wanted to see if you wanted to h-hang out. B-But it's an h-honor to be invited in! As he finished his sentence his head abruptly shoots back down. It was mostly due to being in a girls house, while her parents were there no less! Would they get the wrong idea like the rest of Judgement?

Crocell gives a small start at how worried Kin sounds. Blinking a few times before realizing that keeping her waiting would leave her in suspense he says, "You don't have to come down if you want to. I mean I want you too along with Krystal but that's your decision. And no I'm not mad. I just want to be truthful with me. I really do want to be friends. So..I'll need your help."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

"O-okay. I'll be down in a minute!"

There followed a series of noises. They sounded like a girl disentangling herself from someone else, while simultaneously trying to hop across a room and put on shoes. Apparently the phrase 'in a minute' had been meant literally. Had it not been forbidden to run in the halls, Kin might just have made that deadline. As it was, she was forced to walk sedately downstairs in a very anticlimactic fashion. For other (guilt related) reasons, she approached Crocell slowly and greeted him with a polite inclination of the head; As opposed to leaping towards him with intent to snuggle.

"Er, hello?"

21. - Top - End - #711

Kin was much faster to responding to the intercom than Krystal was. Krystal wondered at how the girl could be so soundly asleep one moment, and then suddenly talking over the intercom the next.

Krystal sat in silence as Crocell and Kin talked. Obviously, they needed it, so Krystal wasn't going to jump in.

Then comes Kin's speed of getting dressed again. Krystal almost fell off the bed at one point during that.

Still smiling, she decided to get up herself. Not at the speed of Kin, though. It would still be a couple minutes before she'd join them at the door, giving Crocell and Kin some time to talk.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei chuckled.

"Just get in, silly. It's cold outside, isn't it? Sorry again about the mess; Sunday's usually my familys' 'sleep-in' day. I just decided to get some singing practice in because Kouta-nii woke up moaning about his injury."

She moved aside and yawned. Her house was warm inside, and, compared to the apparently unceasing racket that Tobio had heard from inside it just a few nights ago, it was as quiet as a mouse. Mei moved over to the kitchen, still rather self-conscious about the fact that she hadn't washed up and the fact that she was still in her pyjamas.

"Would you like some tea, Tobio-kun?"

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Tobio came inside he took note of the nice house that Mei and her family lived in. Combined with the warmth inside it had a rather homey feel to it. Looking over at Mei he responded, "Y-Yes, tea would be nice." As Mei goes to make the tea Tobio tries to force himself to calm down. He eventually manages to soothe his nerves about being in someone else's house by reminding himself that it was Mei's house, his first friend. He was socially safe here.

Once Mei returned Tobio would nod gratefully and take the cup of tea. Using his powers to chill it to a more acceptable level of heat he took a sip before saying, "Well Mei-chan at the very least it looks like Kouta-san's recovery is coming along well. He can walk around at least. I'm happy for that. Especially since I couldn't participate in the mission."

Crocell looked at Kin as she slowly came down the stairs. From what he could see yesterday was still bothering her something fierce. The thing was he wasn't even that mad anymore. No what he really felt was worried. He had lost his temper in a spectacular fashion and had managed to scare Kin into a state of extreme guilt. What worried him was that their friendship would never be the same again. That she would constantly be walking on eggshells around him. Deciding to do something about the problem he dealt with it one of the only ways he knew how, directly.

Letting out a sigh Crocell looks sadly as Kin as he says, "Yesterday's still bothering you huh?" With that he walks forward and engulfs Kin in the warmest hug he can. He hugs her tightly as he says, "I already said I forgive you Kin. Really it was kind of my fault too. Instead of talking to you about why what you did upset me I went of and threw a temper tantrum like some five year old. So we both messed up okay. So if can't forgive yourself for what happened then. Can you at least forgive me?"

Despite how unmanly it felt to let his feelings bare like this Crocell had thought back to his mother at the moment. His father had always tried to toughen Crocell up because of how small and bishounen looking he was. However it was his mother that was a constant pillar of support. Whether it was when he was a bright eyed younger child, or a rough and tough older teenager she was always there, always giving him advice. He remembered that one piece of advise she gave him for situations like these was speak from the heart. He just hoped she was right about this.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

And just like that, all was once again right with the world. The guilt and tension that Kin had been carrying evaporated in an instant. To balance this out, the surrounding area became infused with 600% more sappiness. Any cynical people who strayed too close to this heartwarming moment were likely to start frothing at the mouth. Not that that mattered to Kin, of course. She was content to simply enjoy this hug, cheesiness and all.

"Of course I can forgive you. What a silly question..."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei sighed, flicking back her decidedly messy hair which was decidedly devoid of her characteristic beads as she handed Tobio a cup of tea, and then made one for herself.

"Of course he is. Kouta-nii is tough; really tough. Maybe even tougher than the dumbass. Always has been."

She took a sip of her tea, before yawning once more and turning her head back to her room momentarily. She was clearly uncomfortable with Tobio seeing her before she had cleaned herself up and she stuttered momentarily, making an apology before standing up.

"S...Sorry, Tobio-kun, but, I'm...Uh, going to get myself looking proper, okay? It's not like we can do much with me looking like this. I promise I won't take long, okay?"

With a guilty look, Mei shuffled off to get herself ready for the day. As the door to her bathroom closed, Kouta came out into the living room and sat just opposite Tobio, dressed in a rather ragged pair of shorts and a singlet. Like Mei, he looked a mess. However, unlike Mei, he did not appear to care about this in the slightest, grinning at Tobio as he cocked his head sideways.

"She'll be awhile. Yo, blue-haired-kid. You taking Mei-chan out on another date today? Ren's gonna be so maaaaaad~."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio almost choked on his tea when he heard what Kouta said. Thumping his chest and coughing to make sure the warm liquid went down the right tube he turned to Kouta. "N-Nani! N-No me and Mei-chan are j-just good friends! I-I'm not taking h-her on a date! I-I just wanted to see if she w-wanted to hang out! Geez, why d-does everyone seem to assume t-that w-were dating. People in J-Judgement act l-like we're tied up in s-some kind of secret l-love triangle affiair."
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Crocell slowly released Kin from the hug with a smile on his face as he says, "Good, then glad we put that behind us. Next time something happens I'll try to rein in my temper. But I do believe I promised to help train you for the upcoming system scan. Hehe, once those old fogies at the school can see that you have better control of your powers your supplementary lessons will be a thing of the past."

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

"Indeed they will. Let the training begin!"

Kin was renewed. All of her old energy had returned in full force. With a graceful twirl, she turned to greet the morning sunlight which streamed from outside. She then proceeded to dancehopskip her way out of the lobby, and into the wide world beyond.

"Hurry up, you two: Time's ticking away!"

28. - Top - End - #718

Krystal arrives in the entryway at the end of their conversation. She smiles when it's apparent that her friends have made up.

Morning, Crocell.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

Kouta chortled heartily.

"Yeah man, I believe you. No, seriously, I do. Trust me, if you were taking Mei-chan out, I'd know. Mainly because she'd blab to me about it, but unless you're secretly harbouring ambitions concerning my adorable little sister that she doesn't know about, she really does see you as a good friend."

He then proceeded to drain Meis' entire cup of tea, placing the cup back down on the table before rubbing his shoulder absent-mindedly. It was quiet for a few seconds, the only audible noise being the faint snoring from their father, Kamakura Tadakatsu, before shifting the cup to the side and resting his elbows on the table. Before he could open his mouth to say something, however, Tobios' phone let off a faint 'beeping' noise.

If he checked his phone, he would have realised it was a message from Shougo. Simply put, it read;

'I need to see her. Tomorrow?'

On the other end of the phone, Shougo sat on a bench in his house, sweating profusely from a combination of hard physical training and intense confusion over how to use his phone. It had taken him no less than two hours of trial and error before (re)discovering how to work the blasted device. He only hoped it worked. Unfortunately for him, while it certainly got through, the message likely made little to no sense to Tobio...

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods at Kin with a smile on his face. When Krystal came out and greeted him Crocell responded in kind, "Hey Krystal, good to see ya. Okay then since today's training will mostly focus of you two's powers we won't really need anything fancy. For Kin I think the training is mostly going to consist of using her powers for extended periods in uncomfortable positions. Like using only her feet to stick to the bottom of a tree branch for an hour. However the thing is that at that hour mark you have to come down, unsticking yourself.

I noticed that your powers stay active even if you aren't conscious during my patrol the other day. However I think that this unconscious mechanism might make your little perma-stick problem more pronounced. So if you spend time focusing on it rather than it being and unconscious thing that might help reduce the number of times that happens.

As for Krystal, I don't really know how to train electromagnetic wave powers. The best I can tell you is that while Kin is training her powers try to start analyzing the next phase of the electromagnetic spectrum. Don't just look at it, try to feel it as well. Become it in a sense. Like when I'm training with my flames I don't just think of them as a power but rather as an extension of my own psyche. My brashness, impetuousness, and my passion if that makes sense. So does that sound good to you guys?

His speech had started out strong. However towards the end he sounded a little self-conscious of what the girls would think of his training plan.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Hearing the beep of his phone Tobio said, "Excuse me one moment" before taking it out of his pocket and reading the message. Blinking at how abrupt it was he typed out a response.

'Need to see who?'

Sending the reply to Shougo Tobio set his phone on the table and turned to look at Kouta. Deciding that he might as well make conversation he spoke. "So, what's it like being Mei-chan's older brother? I could tell by meeting her that she is the kind of person that can have a harsh way of speaking but be really sweet. I guess you could say a little like the typical younger sister in a manga. Either way you two seem to get along really well."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-03-20 at 08:28 AM.