New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Krystal's mouth drops open as Yua explains what happened. This is not what she expected at all.

But...wait...what? Where did this happen? When? Did you call the authorities?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

"Memory...Wipe?"

Koizumi frowned. Was that what had happened? And why? Nevertheless, she let Moroe continue her tirade, noting with some perplexity her sudden burst of anger, as well as the particular words she chose to use. So she did have feelings for her son, and, judging from her particular choice of words, her son had feelings for her too. The corner of her mouth turned up, and she sighed inaudibly. It would be just like her Shougo to fall for a girl without even realising it.

"You know, there wasn't any need for that, Ishimaru-san."

She opened her mouth to continue speaking, but closed it again once a rush of realisation hit her. Shougo had never run off to his room like that; never. It was simply against his nature. Nor did he cry in front of anyone, not even his parents if he could help it. How utterly strange.

She remembered that Jounouchi had said something about 'contamination' of the minds, and expressed concern regarding the crossover of memories and personalities. Had that happened? Her face twisted with worry, and her breath caught in her throat. Had Shougo inadvertently been .... Altered by Moroe?

"Did...Was there a leak between you and him?"

__________________________________________________ ______________

"Tobio-kun, this is a public park...Are you sure they would be alright with you just freezing the water?"

Mei stated this matter-of-factly, knowing full well that Tobio easily had more than enough power to turn this entire lake into his personal ice rink. The consequences of such an action left her scratching her head, though. What about the fish, and the other parkgoers, and the resulting fallout from such a rapid decrease in temperature? And he'd been doing it for years.

Maybe the park warden just turned a blind eye to him. And more importantly...

"Oh...Um, Tobio-kun...I ... Don't have ice skates with me."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin was just as horrified. She'd rushed over to give Yua a shoulder on which to lean. While supporting the other girl's weight, Kin looked at her with wide-eyed shock.

"Erm, wow. That's quite an opening line."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks over at Mei as he smile. "Don't worry, my parents worked out a deal with the park since there isn't much of a traditional skating ring around. So I have permission to use the lake, as long as there aren't many people around.

You don't really have to worry about the fish either. The lake is big enough to where when I freeze it, thanks to anomalous expansion I don't need to freeze the whole lake. The water below will be chilled severley, but it won't freeze. I'll only freeze about 5 inches of the lake, more than enough to support us. This will leave plenty of room for the fish and aquatic plants. Plus since I come here so often the wildlife as started to adapt to lower temperatures and rapid changes. As long as the water below us doesn't get below 5 degrees Celcius the wild life will be fine. Plus there aren't any aquatic birds out today.

Tobio looked rather proud of himself at his explanation. Apparently because of his power he had looked extensively into thermal sciences. He started to reach into the backpack that he usually kept with him and reached inside.

As he did so he said, "Oh, don't worry about that Mei-chan. The thing is well...I'm a bit of a pack rat. Ha ha ha, I actually have some stuff I haven't taken out of this backpack for a few years. It's why it's and extra large size. I remember that I had a second pair of skates in here for a cousin of mine that visited us once. She was about your size so I think you could fit them." He takes out the skates and give them to Mei to try on.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Crocell looks shocked at what Yua said she witnessed as he said, "What really?! D*mn and with the Jaguars on the move again it might be something related. Listen if you can recognize the features of the person you saw you should probably head to an Anti-skill office so that that can take your statements.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "Did...Was there a leak between you and him?"
    Moroe finally deigned to notice Mrs Nimori. She really had forgotten that anyone else was in the room. At first, she didn't understand what the woman was trying to say.

"A leak? Between us? What do you-"

Then it clicked. Gradually, her expression became a mirror of Koizumi's.

"...I have some of his memories. They flowed into me, while we were linked. It's possible that Shougo may have got a few of mine, in return.

But that's as far as it went: Just some stray bits and pieces! I swear that I didn't give him anything more than that!
    "

The words sounded hollow to Moroe even as she spoke them. 'Didn't give him anything'? Oh yes, nothing at all; Nothing besides her heart and soul...

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Yu gives Kin an apologetic bow, seemingly out of reflex, before replying to the two Ks.

"Sorry, I did not mean to disrupt the mood. I, uhm..."

Turning slightly to face Crocell, Yua tries to respond to him too, though being questioned by multiple people is clearly a rare experience for the Awareness-Controlling Esper.

"I can recognise his face and I have the details about the getaway car, but I was not sure who to..."

As Yua speaks to Crocell, it should become more and more difficult to concentrate on what the Ghost is saying, to the point where just looking away for a second could almost lose her out of sight. Yet it is quite clear that Yua is not moving. After a few moments more, Yua seems to fade back into view, clearly focusing.

"Sorry, fear reflexes. I have not gone to Anti-Skill yet. It's stupid, but it all seemed so planned, panicked paranoia. I-I will find Ant-Who are the Jaguars?"

Yua had begun an apologetic gesture while speaking, but stops and gives Crocell a curious glance.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #757

I can call them now, if you want. Another excuse to practice her skills more.

Then comes Yua's question, so Krystal will wait patiently. No need to rush her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #758
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks at Yua his face falling from it's thinking expression as he says, Hmm? Oh, the Jaguars are a Skill-Out gang. Nasty pieces of work. Nine times out of ten you are never going to find anything more brutal than an Esper that has been the subject of an attack by Jaguars. You should try to avoid them at all cost if you can."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Pixie in the Playground

Koizumi nodded uncertainly, more than a little perplexed; it looked as though her fears were confirmed. Was her son ... Not entirely her son anymore? But the alternative was him still being dead to the world, and she was certainly not about to blame Moroe for trying. She opened her mouth, trying to work out something to say, before closing it again. What could she say? That it was alright? Well, maybe that would be a start.

"It's alright, Ishimaru-san; we...I, already owe you far more than I could ever repay, for bringing me back my son. That he's alive and breathing is only possible thanks to you, and that was already more than I could have ever asked. But it worries me a little bit...If you two have, um...Shared memories...Would it be a good idea to see someone who can do something about it? Maybe not Mogami-kun, but another psychic?"

__________________________________________________ _______________

Nodding to Tobio's explanation and with a little bit of hesitation, Mei put on the ice skates and fell over on the ground almost immediately, clearly unused to balancing on things that were not her own two feet. A wonderful singer and able student she may have been, but graceful was something she was not. A faint red blush of embarrassment overcame her face as she looked around to see if anybody was watching her; fortunately, it looked like the only people there were Tobio and herself.

"I think I might need a lot of help, Tobio-kun...You'll have to teach me, and please don't make the ice too thin."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio chuckles a little at Mei before he says, "Don't worry Mei-chan. I'll help as much as you need, and don't worry about the ice. 5 inches is more than enough to support the human body." With that Tobio turned to the and let out a slow sigh as he activated his powers. Silver eyes glowed with a haunting light as the lake began to freeze over. Frost slivered over the lake, reaching the edges before the chill started to seep downwards. When he sensed that he had frozen about 5 inches of the lake he stopped.

Slipping on his own pair of skates Tobio moved over to Mei and helped her up and onto the ice. "Alright then Mei-chan, in order for this to work I need you to trust me. If you worry to much about falling then that's all you'll do. So if you do fall I need you to trust me to catch you. Okay?" If Mei gave him a confirmatory answer Tobio would smile at her before slowly teaching her the basics of ice skating. It would take some work but he was almost supernaturally patient. Though he was considered a wimp by many people Ishida Tobio was a excellent teacher.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's alright, Ishimaru-san; we...I, already owe you far more than I could ever repay, for bringing me back my son. That he's alive and breathing is only possible thanks to you, and that was already more than I could have ever asked. But it worries me a little bit...If you two have, um...Shared memories...Would it be a good idea to see someone who can do something about it? Maybe not Mogami-kun, but another psychic?"
    With an effort, Moroe calmed herself. This was no time to panic.

"Y-yes, good idea. It'll take time to find one who's trustworthy, though. Most telepaths of that level tend to get recruited by...well, let's just say they fall in with a bad crowd."

She truly sympathised with Mrs Nimori. The poor woman was lost in some very disturbing territory. Civilians like her weren't trained to cope with the city's twisted science. Such things were best left in the hands of hardened operatives, like Moroe.

...Yeah, right. 'Hardened operative'? Not where Shougo was concerned. This next part was not going to be easy.

"But before we let anyone root around in Shougo's brain, we need to make sure that it's necessary. There's no helping it: I'll have to confront him, and find out how much he remembers. If it's minimal, we should be able to handle it ourselves. If not, well, I'll start looking for a good mindwiper."

Moroe didn't allow herself to hesitate. She immediately stood, walked straight up the stairs, and knocked on the door to Shougo's room. Whether he answered or not, she'd enter a few seconds later. Unfortunately, her steely resolve stayed behind in the corridor. She'd have to face Shougo without it.

"Erm, hello. Are you okay?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-05-27 at 02:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, yes..."

Koizumi nodded her head, still pondering over the necessity of the action. Was it really needed? Would her son return to being normal, given enough time? Moroe's words danced over her head until she heard her say 'mindwipe', which caused her to snap to attention just as Moroe made her way up the stairs.

"Ah-"

She called out to no avail. She would rather not have a mindwipe involved; she had only heard bad things arise from it, and given her son's already delicate state of mind...

Meanwhile, Shougo was locked in an epic struggle of conflicting desires; one which wanted to sulk, and another which wanted to repress those feelings and act as though nothing had happened, as was proper. Why did he feel that way about her? He didn't know her, and such feelings were hardly appropriate between strangers. And yet ... The thought of being apart from her tore at his heart and -

The knock on the door immediately resolved Shougo's internal struggle, forcing him to put on his usual passive, somewhat cold face. The voice that came from beyond the door, however, shook him severely, and it took every ounce of effort to maintain his composure. Standing up slowly, Shougo moved to answer the door, an expressionless face belying his nerves, and opened it fully in an attempt to obliterate his fear.

"I am quite fine, Ishimaru-san. It is unnecessary to worry about this one; and gracious for you to care, after my previous actions."

Moroe would be able to tell...Feel? See? No, she would know that his heart was virtually thundering in his chest, know that he was lying, and ...know that he was actually glad to see her, still.

Mei was not a naturally gifted skater; no, not in the slightest, judging by the way she spent more time falling over than anything else, only being able to keep her balance by leaning on Tobio. Simultaneously frustrated and intensely embarrassed, she pushed herself to her feet once again.

"I don't get it, Tobio-kun. How do you do this? My legs just won't want to-Whoaaaahhhh"

Making the mistake of attempting to stamp her feet while on ice skates, Mei proceeded to slip forward and collide with Tobio, causing both of them to fall over and slide on the ice, perhaps almost all the way to the edge of the makeshift rink. Utterly redfaced with shame, Mei looked up from Tobio's chest intending to apologise before only managing a faint croak.

The reason for that was very clear.

A mopey-looking girl was sitting on a park bench, nonchalantly eating a bag of potato chips and surrounded by her giggling friends. A few seconds later, she finally opened her mouth to speak in an utterly deadpan tone.

"Fascinating."

They were all from Tokiwadai.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2013-06-01 at 12:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I can call them now, if you want. Another excuse to practice her skills more.

Then comes Yua's question, so Krystal will wait patiently. No need to rush her.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell looks at Yua his face falling from it's thinking expression as he says, Hmm? Oh, the Jaguars are a Skill-Out gang. Nasty pieces of work. Nine times out of ten you are never going to find anything more brutal than an Esper that has been the subject of an attack by Jaguars. You should try to avoid them at all cost if you can."
    Yua nods, mumbling something inaudible before turning to Krystal. Speaking as politely as possible while still shaken and out-of-breath, Yua replies.

"Thank you, that would likely be best. I hope it will be helpful and I very much hope that this was one of the last kind of scenes."

Yua directs the last bit towards Crocell, shuddering slightly before continuing. The tone is approaching Yua's regular monotone, but with a noticeably more serious intonation.

"Because if the Jaguars have done this often, hundreds would have died."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #764

Krystal nods a little at Yua, then takes a step back from the group and closes her eyes as she uses her powers to call Anti-Skill. She'll tell them what Yua told her, and where they're at.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio's face became slightly flushed after Mei collided into him and the fell and slide towards the edge of the makeshift ice rink. "Mei-chan are you okay?!" After she picked her head up she looked like she was about to respond before her words died in her throat. Wondering what was wrong Tobio heard the crunch of a potato chip like it was a gunshot.

Tilting his head back his eyes widened as he slightly flushed face became a full blush. Trying to fight it down Tobio attempted to 'play it cool' as it were. "A-Ano, c-can we help y-you l-ladies?" Tobio was not good at playing it cool when girls were involved.
    __________________________________________________ _______

Crocell thinks for a moment as he says, "I wonder....Jaguars kill, but they don't do it often. Usually it's a death or two here and there for a few days then they go back underground. After all the law doesn't take kindly to murders, especially of espers. However I don't know of any other organization that actively kills as part of their operations. Hmmm.... Well I can assure that this will be investigated immediately."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am quite fine, Ishimaru-san. It is unnecessary to worry about this one; and gracious for you to care, after my previous actions."

Moroe would be able to tell...Feel? See? No, she would know that his heart was virtually thundering in his chest, know that he was lying, and ...know that he was actually glad to see her, still.
    Moroe's own heart wasn't exactly beating steadily either. It was amazing how strong the connection between Shougo and herself had grown. She now understood this boy in a way that went far beyond simple observation. It wasn't just that she knew him: Rather, she knew what it was like to be him. Theoretically, this insight was a tremendous tactical asset to Moroe. And maybe it would be, when she learned to stop being terrified of it.

As she breezed past Shougo and entered the room, Moroe tried her best to project a casual aura. She didn't come close to succeeding. Even if Shougo couldn't sense her concern for him through their 'link', it was written all over her face.

"Don't lie to me. It's obvious that you're a million miles from 'fine'. Now, start talking. I'm not leaving until I get an explanation."

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little at Yua, then takes a step back from the group and closes her eyes as she uses her powers to call Anti-Skill. She'll tell them what Yua told her, and where they're at.
    The call went off without a hitch. An operator dutifully noted down everything that Krystal reported; And then told the group to head for the School Garden's entrance. A unit would be dispatched to meet them. All in all, a perfectly ordinary exchange.

[Excerpt from logs of the PANOPTICON phone monitoring system:
    Call to Anti-Skill logged at **:**.
    Executing routine heuristic checks...Processing....Processing...
    Alert: Content of call matches heuristic 1,674 (requested by ***** ****** of GATE). 98% chance of relevance.
    Alerting appropriate parties...]

Within one of Academy City's many buildings, a certain angelic figure received a text message. Upon reading it, a gentle smile graced his features.

"Found you."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-06-12 at 09:03 PM.