New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell's day was considerably better than Tobio's. It was actually pretty average. He paid attention to the teacher, and took notes. He had to stay on good terms with the teachers lest he get in trouble again. And some of the teacher here would just love to bust him for something, he knew it!

After classes lunch had rolled around. Deciding that he would rather not have food poisoning today, Crocell heads off campus to Pātisserie Joyeux to get something to eat. Who knows, maybe Kin and Krystal would be there. If not oh well, at least he got to eat some tasty treats!
    {OOC: Apologies for the delay on this one.}

"Surprise hug!"

These were the words which greeted Crocell as he entered the cafe. They were accompanied by a pair of arms, which reached out from the side and wrapped themselves around him. Miura Kin (for it was she) snuggled contentedly against him for several seconds, before a puzzled frown appeared on her face. When she glanced up and found herself looking at Crocell (as opposed to her new best friend) she reacted with some surprise.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else. Ah well, you'll do."

This point of confusion settled to her own satisfaction, she resumed her snuggling.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-08 at 06:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

The pair of them may hear a sudden fit of giggles close by, followed quickly by loud laughter.

Krystal's face was red from the laughter. She thought the sight was hilarious.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-06-26 at 07:12 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

After his next class Tobio headed to the Onizuka rooftops where he had last saw Shougo at lunch time. He sits down on the rooftop to wait for him as he starts digging into his home made bento.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Crocell was surprised at being hugged so suddenly upon entering the cafe. Then came the snuggling. If anyone were to see Crocell they would have a hard time believing that it was him. Why you ask? Because Crocell invented a whole new shade of red that day ans was spluttering worse than Tobio on his worst days.

Upon learning that he was not her original target, after she stopped her snuggling, Crocell gave a mental sigh of relief and (unknown to him) disappointment. The she proceeded to say how she didn't care and was comfortable enough before resuming her snuggling. Oh my, was that steam coming out of Crocell's ears?

'Wah! she's snuggling me! is this what girls do with friends? She's so soft, and her hair really smells nice she must you great shampoo and STOP BEING CREEPY CROCELL!' Shaking his head a little to get it out of the gutter Crocell decides to address Kin before she takes offense. "H-Hey there Kin-chan. It's nice to see you again." With shaking arms he returns her hug a little awkwardly.

Then he looks up to see Krystal laughing at his predicament. Crocell puts a faux pout on his face as he says, "Your a real riot Krystal-chan." Before long he has a mile on his face though. It felt good to have friends. However he remembers something at that moment. "Ah, Kin-chan can you let go for a sec I need to get me some food."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin remained oblivious to the effect that she was having on Crocell. She'd never really grasped the fact that her definition of 'friendly hug' was what most people would call an 'intimate embrace'; Nor why her mother had outright banned her from greeting boys in this way. Now, though, mother and her silly taboos were a long way away, so Kin was free to snuggle as she pleased. Her beliefs were vindicated when Crocell put his arms around her. Clearly he had no problem with being greeted this way.

When eventually Crocell asked to be released, she reluctantly acquiesced. After one last parting squeeze, she separated from him and twirled back to her and Krystal's table, where a tray full of pastries already awaited them.

"If you insist. When you get back, come and join us. I'm in the right mood for your kind of company today."

5. - Top - End - #95

As Crocell goes to get his food, Krystal makes her way to the table, still laughing. She finally stops when she sits, though she wears a huge grin and her face is kind of red.

The look on his face was hilarious! That was great, Kin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin paused in the act of raising a scone to her lips, instead opting to raise an eyebrow. With a look of puzzlement, she replayed recent events in her mind, and tried to reconcile them with Krystal's words, to no avail. Eventually she gave up, and just focused on enjoying her friend's mirth. She was grateful for anything that made Krystal happy, even without knowing the reasons behind it.

"Glad to hear it. It's good to know that my humble antics can still bring a smile to your face."

7. - Top - End - #97

You know, I think that might have been the first big hug he's gotten from a girl.

Krystal will help herself to a scone as well.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"Really? How tragic. Still, there's not much difference between a hug from a boy and a hug from a girl. If Shiota-san is in need of snuggly goodness, he should have a few friends at Azabu who'd be happy to provide it."

Kin spoke these words with total sincerity. There was nothing in her manner to suggest that she was having a laugh at Crocell's expense.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell comes back to here Kin's words with an assortment of various sweets, from cookies to crepes. Hearing the sincerity in her voice Crocell can only sigh as he thinks to himself, 'Affectionate and oblivious, a potential reputation ruining temperament.'

He sits down as he says, "Well Kin their not quite as, well snuggley as you. That and well, a hug of that magnitude is usually considered more intimate then friendly." He then starts digging into his cookies first. Wouldn't you know it, a mixture of white chocolate macadamia and sugar cookies.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin shrugged. She really didn't understand what all the fuss was about. People were always trying to tell her the 'proper' way to do things. While pondering this, she unconsciously fiddled with the collar of the uniform that she was forced to wear every day.

"Why does it matter how it's 'usually' considered? That hug was between me and you; Nobody else. Provided we both enjoyed it, what's the harm?"

It was then that a worrying thought occurred to her. She looked over at Crocell, suddenly concerned.

"You did enjoy it, didn't you? If you didn't, then just say the word and I'll never do it again."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu does, in fact spot Mei. And she has heard of her, to some extent. Not much, since she prefers sketching and painting to gossip, but certainly enough to know that this is hardly normal for her. And of course, even she does hear some rumors, and those as pervasive as the ones about Mei and Tobio are hard to avoid.

As such, the Pyromancer quietly, so as not to draw attention to the other girl, headed over, pausing a short distance behind her, a reassuring smile on her face, which hopefully would put her out of range if Mei chose to take a swing at her, and keep her from trying again when she saw that it probably wasn't someone come to torment her further.

"Hello,"
    she said, voice pleasant, and pitched low, to avoid others overhearing. "Looks like you're having a pretty rough day. Though I suppose that's to be expected, with all the idiots spewing stuff about you and Tobio. Anything I can do to help?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell seeing how much Kin was bothered by the possiblity of him not liking her hug rapidly shakes his head as he says, "No no, I liked it, and not for perverse reasons either Krystal. It was just nice to get a hug. Though it is the first hug that I've ever gotten from a girl that wasn't' my mother. It was nice"

Crocell smiles at Kin to reassure her of the fact. For someone who scowled almost 24-7 he had a rather nice smile. Too bad not many people saw it.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

The worrying thought died a quick death. Without its interference, Kin's sunny smile surfaced once again, beaming straight at Crocell. Since this seemed like an appropriate time to preach her personal philosophy, she did so, in between bites of pastry.

"I bet there are plenty of girls who wanted to hug you; They've just been told that it's 'inappropriate'. If they ever stopped to think about it, they might realise that there's no universal standard for that sort of thing. Each person has their own boundaries, independent of what society says is 'appropriate'. For example, if two consenting strangers decided that they'd be more comfortable sitting like this ..."

Kin quickly moved her chair around the table, until she was sitting right next to Crocell. With a look of contentment, she gently rested her head on his shoulder.

"...would that be wrong? Does this feel wrong to you?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kin's action puts a slight blush on Crocell's face and butterfly's in his stomach, both of which quickly fade. He feels uncomfortable for a second, everything that he had been taught was socially acceptable telling him this was too intimate for friends. However deciding to humor Kin he closes his eyes for a moment and focuses not on what his mother taught him, but how he feels about the contact.

Surprisingly once her forgot about social norms he actually felt quite comfortable. Kin might notice Crocell's stiff posture drastically relax as he says, "Well, once you forget about social norms, yeah this does feel nice. And now that I think about it your actually kind of right Kin. In our cultural studies class they shove the mannerisms of all sorts of cultures down our throats. It's kind of like in America people greet each other by handshake, yet in France people greet each other with hugs and kisses on the cheek." He starts taking bites out of his cheesecake after he finishes talking.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-06-28 at 01:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei 'eep'd the second she saw Ryuu and then immediately started hyperventilating. In all honesty, she wasn't very good at remaining hidden. Falling clumsily on her back, she waved her hands at her placatingly, worry and shame intermingled in her eyes.

"N-N-No, it's not what you...Wait..."

She stopped once she took in what Ryuu had actually said, the relief in her eyes readily apparent.

"Oh...So...You don't believe them...? What a ...What a relief. Um, I'm Kamakura Mei, nice to meet you, and ...Uh...I'm not sure what to do, really...You see, what's really happening is..."

She then bit her lip and blushed, looking away.

"Uhh...The truth is that Tobio-kun and I are good friends, everyone's just taking it the wrong way because he was there for me after the dumbass-"

Mei suddenly clammed up, shaking with embarrassment. It looked it though she was unable to force it out-Which was true. If Ryuu had been closely associated with this Districts' Judgement branch, she might have been familiar with Meis' 'relationship' with the Ice King of Nagatenjouki.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Shougo was late. However, the way he accessed the rooftop was somewhat unusual-If Tobio had turned to face the pipes, he'd have been greeted with the sight of Shougo gracefully leaping fifteen feet into the air and onto the rooftop after bounding off the balcony railing below. Such an act was no doubt the work of psychic power-No human would be capable of such a feat, at least unaided. And yet, Shougo had never displayed any overt psychic power before-If Tobio had been tempted to look into his files in Judgement, he would have known that Shougo was a truly mediocre Level One, codenamed 'Charge Action'. He was also panting, his face apparently pale from exertion and his brows narrowed with concentration-Which broke once he saw Tobio.

"Ishida-san...? What are you doing here?"

He struggled to calm his breathing, smoothing his shirt with shaking hands. He had obviously been practicing his psychic power with an intensity that might have impressed even Tobio-Being able to vault onto the rooftop in such a manner might have indicated that he was close to reaching Level Two.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looked in awe at what Shougo was doing. He knew about Shougo's power. He looked at it in the files and Shougo himself had told him about it. He didn't explain it that well but Tobio got the gist of it. Doing the calculations in his head he said, "Shougo-san you were practicing your power right? It's impressive how your doing and the power behind it. You told me you were a level one, and yet you can perform feats like that. Though to be more accurate your closer to a level two at this point. It's amazing how quickly you have improved. Did you finally start to understand the mechanics behind your power?"

He takes a ice cream sandwich out of his chilled backpack and opens the wrapper before taking a bite out of it. Remembering his manners he offers one to Shougo as well. Plus it would help him cool down a little from his work out.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo stared at the ice cream sandwich confusedly, never having actually seen one before, before letting out a terse set of replies in between shaky breaths.

"I think so, Ishida-san. I thought about it in physics class-We were learning about momentum, and I remembered my power revolves around that...I tried applying what I had learnt, and ...Somehow, it worked."

He finally managed to steady his breathing, cold sweat visible on his brow. And then, with a...A strange look in his eye that Tobio would swear did not belong on him, Shougo turned to face and stare at him directly, never once wavering in his gaze.

"I need you to teach me. I do not know enough about it as it -"

He stopped to rub his temple as if he had a headache. And then the Shougo Tobio knew was back.

"If...If that is okay with you, Ishida-san. I am going to have some lunch, and then practice my ninjutsu. My mind has been stretched further than it has before, and it is time to let that rest and let my body do some work. If you would like, I could teach you some basic principles of Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu."

Pulling out his schoolbag, Shougo unearthed a bento box in a truly archaic style with very traditional food. With a quiet 'Itadakimasu', he sat down in the traditional Japanese style and began eating. A scant few moments later, though, as if struggling with a particularly worrisome thought, Shougo spoke once more. Placing his riceball back in its' box, he stared at the ground, fists clenched at his knees.

"Ishida-san....Do you suppose that my father would think I have abandoned his ninjutsu if I pursued my psychic power? Already...I can perform moves that would be impractical or outright impossible for ordinary humans. If I did that...I do not know if my father would approve of me abandoning his teachings, his martial arts in favor of some 'psychic caricature' of the same..."

Conflict. There was conflict in what he had requested and what he had asked, and he knew it-A lance of sharp pain shot through his head as his mind sought to correct the dissonance and found that it could not. One thought-One request, coming from the same mind but from two completely different perspectives.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio sighs as Shougo had asked him a truly difficult question that he had no true answer to. He tilts his head back as he leans against one of the schools water silos as he says, "I can't tell you what your father would think Shougo. I did not know him and anything that I could know would have to come from you or your mother. However I can tell you what I believe.

A parent usually wants what is best for their child. Even if the child disapproves of it they will do what they think will help and prepare them for when the make their own way. From what I can infer from the way your are speaking and your tone your father created Nimori-ryu in order for people to have a way to defend themselves against oppressive espers. In all it was the intent behind the martial art, not the art itself that I think was important. It's like Karate in a way. You can't truly abandon it unless you abandon the teachings and the will behind it. As long as you use it for self-defense you can't truly forget Karate. However the moment you use it to take advantage of others you have abandoned the teachings.

Would you used Nimori-ryu or your powers to oppress someone Shougo? If not then you have your answer. I believe that as long as you continue to oppose those that would use their power to oppress others you have not abandoned your fathers teachings. Cause I think it was people who used power, no matter what the source, to oppress others is what your father wanted to fight with the Nimori-ryu. Not just esper powers. Again this is only what I believe, but I think I'm right."

After his long-winded speech Tobio sits up to look as Shougo. As he does and encouraging smile spreads across his face as he tries to cheer Shougo up.

19. - Top - End - #109

Krystal silently eats a pastry or two while Crocell and Kin talk. She nods occasionally when Kin makes a point she agrees with. She understands both of their opinions on this, but tends to follow Kin's more.

When Crocell comments about social standards in other countries, Krystal sees an opening for her knowledge of living in another country to come into play.

Yeah, I had to learn what the normal conventions are here for that stuff when my family moved over. And the handshake thing is usually for meeting new people or if you're greeting somebody with business in mind. Like a supervisor or potential client. But with friends and family, anything goes.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Mei 'eep'd the second she saw Ryuu and then immediately started hyperventilating. In all honesty, she wasn't very good at remaining hidden. Falling clumsily on her back, she waved her hands at her placatingly, worry and shame intermingled in her eyes.

"N-N-No, it's not what you...Wait..."

She stopped once she took in what Ryuu had actually said, the relief in her eyes readily apparent.

"Oh...So...You don't believe them...? What a ...What a relief. Um, I'm Kamakura Mei, nice to meet you, and ...Uh...I'm not sure what to do, really...You see, what's really happening is..."

She then bit her lip and blushed, looking away.

"Uhh...The truth is that Tobio-kun and I are good friends, everyone's just taking it the wrong way because he was there for me after the dumbass-"

Mei suddenly clammed up, shaking with embarrassment. It looked it though she was unable to force it out-Which was true. If Ryuu had been closely associated with this Districts' Judgement branch, she might have been familiar with Meis' 'relationship' with the Ice King of Nagatenjouki.
    Ryuu nodded, extending a hand to Mei, presumably to help her up. "Call me Ryuu. And it's nice to meet you, too.

As for the rumors, not now. Before, I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, though I'd heard things from more reliable sources that contradicted some of what was supposed to have happened, and Tobio's not the sort to mess around with someone's girlfriend in any case, so I was sort of doubtful any of what was being said was the exact truth."

With that, the pyromancer shrugged, looking around for a few moments; Mei, with her Judgment training, can probably tell that she's examining the exits, and judging which one they can leave by while attracting the least attention.

"Besides which, even if it had been, that's between you three to sort out. You don't deserve to be tormented like you seem to have been, especially not

Speaking of which, it looks like we can get out of here without a lot of people seeing if we go now, and I know a quiet place that's close enough for us to get there and back before lunch is over, so how does getting away from everyone for a while sound?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's action puts a slight blush on Crocell's face and butterfly's in his stomach, both of which quickly fade. He feels uncomfortable for a second, everything that he had been taught was socially acceptable telling him this was too intimate for friends. However deciding to humor Kin he closes his eyes for a moment and focuses not on what his mother taught him, but how he feels about the contact.

Surprisingly once her forgot about social norms he actually felt quite comfortable. Kin might notice Crocell's stiff posture drastically relax as he says, "Well, once you forget about social norms, yeah this does feel nice. And now that I think about it your actually kind of right Kin. In our cultural studies class they shove the mannerisms of all sorts of cultures down our throats. It's kind of like in America people greet each other by handshake, yet in France people greet each other with hugs and kisses on the cheek." He starts taking bites out of his cheesecake after he finishes talking.
    "Exactly! 'Normal' is all in the mind. Sometimes I walk down the street, looking at all the adults in their suits and ties, making boring small talk with one other, and I ask myself: 'How many of them actually agree with these conventions? Could it be that none of them do?' Maybe we're all just following each other's lead..."

Kin's voice gained a disconsolate edge as she pondered these issues. Even the comfort of Crocell's shoulder and the taste of freshly baked pastry couldn't fully dispel that feeling. Still, she didn't want to bring the gathering down, so she quickly turned to lighter topics of conversation.

"As for handshakes, those are off limits for me right now. The day that my good friend and I spent holding hands will attest to that."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell blinks in confusion at first. Then after thinking for a bit he remembers as he says, "Ah! You mean because when I first met you two you were stuck together because of your power? Well I guess I could see that being a small problem. However Krystal seems like she would be pretty cool about that sort of thing. I mean most people would be surprised that Krystal was even talking to me with the way that she scolded me that day."

Crocell finishes off his cheesecake and starts on his crepes, washing down the sweets with a healthy dose of milk. When his mouth isn't full he asks, "So, what do you two like to do for fun?"

23. - Top - End - #113

Krystal gives a slight smile. I may have been hard on you that once, but in my mind, you kind of deserved it. And, you've been nice since then, so I haven't had any reason to not treat you nice.

She finishes her pastry before answering his question. I like reading and playing some games. And comics.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

((Edit: Never mind. It was an add-on for Firefox that was making Gitp not-work.))

Shougo spent a long time pondering Tobios' words. When he spoke, it was slow, a little uncertain-But deliberate. As much as he was apparently the sole successor of Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu, and thus, wanted to preserve it, he could not deny that what Tobio had said was right. The importance of the heart, the intent of his fathers' martial art superceded the actual technique. To protect the innocent, to smite evildoers with the hammer-hand of justice, to fight in the name of love and freedom. That was the coda that his father always preached.

"You...You are right, Ishida-san. You are right. My father would have wanted me to follow the intent of Nimori-Ryu to its' fullest, not just its' technique."

Besides, he admitted to himself, it had already changed in its' practice in his hands long before today. Being of a very different height, build and weight from his father, he had had to rely on different techniques, adapt existing ones and even develop a few of his own. No, Nimori-Ryu, as a martial art, was constantly changing in evolving in the hands of its' practitioners as it did in his own.

"Thank you. You have helped me clear my mind."

Shougo then returned to eating, his mind full of collected thoughts even as it ran over his ninjutsu forms. He would wait for Tobio to speak, but if he did not, he would eventually stand up and begin stretching.

"Would you like me to teach you, Ishida-san? It is the least I can do."

__________________________________________________ _______________

Mei took Ryuus' hand while looking over her shoulder conspiratorially, before watching the movement of Ryuus' eyes. In response, her eyebrow raised slightly in surprise. Checking the entrances of the room even when they weren't in immediate danger was a Judgement maneuver...And Mei had never seen Ryuu in their ranks before. But then again, she surmised, she didn't know everything-Besides, Ryuu seemed like a trustworthy person, being willing and able to see past all the rumours. Nodding slightly in acknowledgement, she fell in behind Ryuu, ready to follow her lead.

"That sounds good. Let's go?"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-06-30 at 01:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looked up at Shougo eagerly as he stood up. It would be apparent that once Shougo ran Tobio through the forms that he had had some prior training. Nothing advanced or any techniques but it would be easy to see that the fundamentals had been almost literally pounded into his body. He was able to stay light but be grounded when needing to defend or funnel power.

Tobio himself found it a little surprising. He always knew that he was extremely adaptable due to his fathers training. but he never thought that he would be able to grasp something like this. Naturally being of differing heights Tobio had a little trouble with some of Shougo's moves but he picked up on the basics fairly well.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo was quite impressed. Tobio appeared to not only have some form of martial arts training, he also appeared to be quite a natural at it. Shougo envied him. It took him many, many hours of practice to become so much as proficient at what he did. Still, there was something he needed to clarify Tobio on.

"Ishida-san, I should let you know. Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu has two major branches within itself-Regular ninjutsu, and anti-Esper ninjutsu. They are quite different in form and function."

He stepped in a circle, hands raised, and snapped out a few blows into the air. It heavily resembled conventional ninjitsu.

"That is the regular form looks like. It is more practical against unarmed, non-psychic opponents. It is also easier to learn than the anti-Esper form...Which is quite difficult to show without a participant. Ishida-san. If it is okay with you, let me demonstrate. Use or attempt to use your psychic power as you wish."

If Tobio did not consent, Shougo would have bowed and gone back to teaching him the regular forms. If he did, Shougo would have suddenly dashed forward, apparently abandoning all his defenses in favor of blinding speed and lashing out in a flurry of disorienting blows and erratic, unpredictable footwork. And it would have been quite effective at what it had set out to do-Disrupt Espers. Crossing a distance of about twenty feet faster than many Espers below Level Three could focus their power, Shougo might have left Tobio consistently on the back foot, too worried about finding his next step to channel his psychic power. Every blow dodged or blocked seemed to be a set-up for another attack coming from an unexpected direction and it was difficult to get his bearings on Shougo long enough to launch a psychic attack. Often, he would have found that Shougo had circled behind him in the middle of his attack-If he let his guard down for even a split-second, Shougo would have caught him in a sleeper hold from behind. Throughout all this, Shougo never landed any blows that would have given Tobio any damage, however. The most painful would have amounted to little more than a stinging welt.

When it was over, regardless of the result, Shougo would have been left red and breathing heavily from the exertion. Using the Anti-Esper form appeared to be a truly vigorous endeavour, requiring a powerful, coordinated body. And, just as Shougo had said, it didn't look like it was easy to learn.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-07-01 at 01:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

And, so, off they went; fortunately, Ryuu had proved correct in her assessment, and none of those in the room appeared to notice their departure, nor, since almost everyone was eating lunch, catching up on their studies, or simply taking a break, did they encounter any other students in the halls.

Since there was therefore very little to hinder their progress, the two quickly made it out of the school, and to a small hidden courtyard, formed by the end of a blind alley; in the center, rooted in a circular space in the stones paving it, are a magnolia and a cherry tree, both of which have grown around and through the other due to their close proximity, while the walls are covered in morning glory, with small protrusions in them at irregular intervals, some of which contain foxglove, while others have iridescent blue-green orchids trailing from them, with the remainder having both. In a corner, tucked under a small wooden structure, is a set of artist's equipment, suitable for both painting and sketching.

"How do you like it?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei gasped softly, awed by the beauty of the hidden courtyard. This truly was a pleasant place to be. The only problem she could have found with it was the fact that it was solidly outside school grounds; if, for some unforeseen reason, she was called to be somewhere, she would be unable to hear the call from this location. But that being said, it was also delightfully far away from the often vicious rumours and games played by Tokiwadais' alumni.

"It's lovely...How did you find a place like this?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Crocell blinks in confusion at first. Then after thinking for a bit he remembers as he says, "Ah! You mean because when I first met you two you were stuck together because of your power? Well I guess I could see that being a small problem. However Krystal seems like she would be pretty cool about that sort of thing. I mean most people would be surprised that Krystal was even talking to me with the way that she scolded me that day."
    "Yes, but imagine what would have happened if I'd stuck myself to someone who wasn't amazing beyond belief. And besides, it's not such a 'small problem' if it ends up lasting for days..."

Kin lapsed into silence. Though she tried to hide it, this was clearly something that worried her deeply.

Crocell finishes off his cheesecake and starts on his crepes, washing down the sweets with a healthy dose of milk. When his mouth isn't full he asks, "So, what do you two like to do for fun?"
    That question perked her up a bit. She answered it enthusiastically, with only a slight undercurrent in her voice betraying the fact that she was still pondering sadder matters.

"I like to climb, run, dance, sketch, sew, learn, eat, and buy; Oh, and I also enjoy mastering every arcade game I can find."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio indeed gave his consent and was immediately surprised at what Shougo was doing. Tobio was consistently dodging to avoid Shougo's blows. Normally for Tobio this wouldn't be a problem as he has to work on concentrating on his power in any environment or situation lest his powers go out of control. However with Shougo's fast and erratic pattern he was hard pressed to give Shougo little more than a slight chill every time he managed to focus on him. If this went on long enough Shougo might start feeling the seriously harmful affects of Tobio's powers but theat would take at least 15 minutes. Way too long considering some engagements barely take 5.

Shougo would notice that if there was one thing that Tobio had mastered from his martial arts training it was dodging. Even attacks out of his visionary range seemed to be sensed by him. Where as with the intruction of the moves where Tobio seemed to be building off of very solid basics that allowed him to move into the style faster dodging really seemed to be his forte. When it was said and done Tobio was mildly panting and wiping sweat from his brow as he says, "G-Geez Shougo-san. I thought you were going to rip me apart at a few points. What's even more amazing is that I couldn't tell if you were using your power or not. If you were you've already managed to make it flow seamlessly into your fighting style! That quite frankly shows a lot of talent."

__________________________________________________ ______________

Crocell seeing/hearing Kin's stress tries to comfort her. However not knowing exactly how to do that he just lays his head on top of hers and hopes that it's comforting. He then says, "Well sounds like you both have some interesting hobbys. I like mastering all the arcade games too. But some guy keeps getting the highest score in DDR and I just can't beat it! Other than that I alos like comic books but I'm into more physical stuff. So my absolute favorite things are free running/parkour and also boxing."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-07-01 at 09:53 PM.