New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Kin perked up a little upon feeling Crocell's head against her own. It was a nice gesture which seemed to have genuine warmth behind it. But the thing that really helped was the mention of the unbeatable DDR score; That raised a quiet chuckle from her, which she unsuccessfully tried to muffle on Crocell's shoulder. After that, she quickly (and rather suspiciously) changed the subject.

"P-parkour, huh? That's one area where I have a natural advantage. Speaking of which, do you realise how big a risk you just took? It's a good thing that my power can't stick things to my hair, or we might have co-joined heads."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal sees Kin trying not to laugh and smirks a little herself.

Parkour seems like it'd be a blast. I'm just not sure if I could actually do it. I've never spent much time doing physical activities like that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo was jealous. Tobio was good. Very good. He could tell that he had only learnt and practiced the basics, and yet he was capable of not only withstanding but being able to channel his psychic power during a full-force anti-Esper Nimori-Ryu assault. There were not many people who could do that, and he had no doubt in his mind that Tobio would have quickly surpassed him in skill if he had trained side-by-side with his father, as he had. Still, there was one card he had up his sleeve, as much as he hated to admit it...

"No, Ishida-san...I did not."

He had not used his psychic power. He had not tried, although he supposed it would not be too great an effort at a basic level. The purpose of this exercise was to demonstrate the effectiveness of Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu, after all-And it had done what it had been set out to do: disrupt the focus of Espers.

Shougo leaned back, rolling his shoulders, then bowed deeply.

"You have a lot of talent, Ishida-san; more than I do. Much more. If it is okay with you, shall I teach you the regular form first, or the Anti-Esper form?"

Unseen by Tobio, Shougo smiled slightly. He was happy to teach others, especially friends, and he was even happier to have Tobio as a friend.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio puts his hand to his chin as he thinks for a moment. He then says, "Well since I'm in Judgement I should probably learn the Anti-Esper style. If that is okay with you. Plus it would be helpful to my training as well. My father practiced Jeet-Kun-Do. He only taught me the basics because he wanted me to choose my own path rather than enforcing his own onto me. However I do want to follow his path, and your fathers Anti-Esper style actually embodies the philosophy of Jeet-Kun-Do very well."

Tobio gives him a smile as he continues to says, "So I would be happy to learn from you, Shougo-snesei."

__________________________________________________ ________________

Crocell chuckles as he says, "Well, I guess I was just confident that if we did get stuck you could unstick us. I guess you could say I trusted you. Besides if I had to be stuck by the head of someone I can think of far worse people to be stuck to."

He offers Kin a piece of his crepe before looking at Krystal as he says, "Well parkour is more about flexibility, stamina, and reflexes than actual strength. It's all about knowing how to run and land. also that there are always three paths for every one. If you want and Kin is up to it we could teach you about how to properly practice parkour. We could even go on runs together when you get good enough. Just make sure to wear shorts under your skirts."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin accepted the crepe with a grateful bite. By now, all of her reservations about Crocell were long gone. She relaxed on his shoulder, secure in the knowledge that beneath his obnoxious facade lay a kind, thoughtful person with many interesting traits; Oh, and he was also good to snuggle.

The idea to teach Krystal some parkour met with Kin's wholehearted approval. She gave an encouraging grin to her friend, while reaching for yet another fresh pastry.

"I most certainly am up it, my dearest companion. Just say the word and I shall tutor you in as much of the subject as our draconian society allows. You can even borrow my spare pair of shorts, if you like. Shiota-san's right about those: When you're running across draughty heights on a cold night, that extra layer of warmth really helps."

6. - Top - End - #126

Krystal nods a little. Sure. That sounds like it'd be fun!

That, and useful when she gets this hero thing going.

I'm not worried about getting cold. I don't get cold easy. However, the shorts may be useful when I'm leaping above people. Don't want any creepy perverts looking up my skirt. She grins a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods in agreement as he says, "Great. Then if it's okay with you guys we can start today after school. My patrol is at a later time so I can do it then." Crocell eats the rest of his crepes and downs the last of his milk with a satisfied sigh. The then reaches into his pocket pulls out his pocket watch to check the time.

"Ah, lunch is almost over. We better get back to our classes. As for where to meet, um how about I meet you guys at the entrance to the School Garden?" As Crocell said this he was currently wondering how much trouble he would be in for the detention he would be skipping today. Well he would probably get a sever reprimand and extra detention time, but it would be worth it to hang with his two new friends.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little. Sure. That sounds like it'd be fun!

That, and useful when she gets this hero thing going.

I'm not worried about getting cold. I don't get cold easy. However, the shorts may be useful when I'm leaping above people. Don't want any creepy perverts looking up my skirt. She grins a little.
    Even Kin acknowledged the validity of this point, although it wasn't one that she'd ever considered.

"Well spotted. I wonder why Tokiwadai, with their so-called love of decency, never anticipated problems like this. If they had, maybe they wouldn't have been so eager to force us into skirts all the time."

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell nods in agreement as he says, "Great. Then if it's okay with you guys we can start today after school. My patrol is at a later time so I can do it then." Crocell eats the rest of his crepes and downs the last of his milk with a satisfied sigh. The then reaches into his pocket pulls out his pocket watch to check the time.

"Ah, lunch is almost over. We better get back to our classes. As for where to meet, um how about I meet you guys at the entrance to the School Garden?"
    Kin glanced at her own watch, then did a double take. As always, her precious leisure time had vanished all too quickly. With a sigh, she reluctantly separated herself from Crocell. He really had been satisfying to snuggle.

"As you desire, Shiota-san. The knowledge of our future reunion will give me the strength to endure yet another day, in the chambers of soul draining that others like to call 'classes'. And now, if you'll excuse me, I need a replacement shoulder on which to rest my head."

So saying, she twirled around the table and attached herself to Krystal. When her friend was ready to leave, the two would depart arm in arm.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo nodded.

"Jeet Kune Do? By Bruce Lee? My father always spoke highly of that man. Well, anyway...The first thing to learn about the Anti-Esper form is the spirit of it..."

It would have been hard for Tobio. The heart of the Anti-Esper form was sheer aggression and fearlessness-To drive towards your opponent no matter what. He would have been able to easily master the focus and footwork required, but not the sheer killer intent. It would probably have struck too close to home about what he had done a few nights before, when he had 'killed' that man near the docks. For a kind, shy boy like Tobio, what Shougo was teaching-Building the will and the fury to see your opponents' body and spirit broken and splintered like kindling before an axe would have been very difficult. Perhaps harder still was the necessity of keeping that monster restrained, so that one would not commit injustice or savagery...

And so the two boys practiced on the rooftop. It was not long before the school bell rang again, announcing the end of lunch.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-07-05 at 05:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Even Kin acknowledged the validity of this point, although it wasn't one that she'd ever considered.

"Well spotted. I wonder why Tokiwadai, with their so-called love of decency, never anticipated problems like this. If they had, maybe they wouldn't have been so eager to force us into skirts all the time."
    Probably because they never thought that a proper lady would dare run and jump for any reason. And to that, I say...phooey.

Kin glanced at her own watch, then did a double take. As always, her precious leisure time had vanished all too quickly. With a sigh, she reluctantly separated herself from Crocell. He really had been satisfying to snuggle.

"As you desire, Shiota-san. The knowledge of our future reunion will give me the strength to endure yet another day, in the chambers of soul draining that others like to call 'classes'. And now, if you'll excuse me, I need a replacement shoulder on which to rest my head."

So saying, she twirled around the table and attached herself to Krystal. When her friend was ready to leave, the two would depart arm in arm.
    Krystal giggles at Kin as she bids Crocell farewell. She waves to the boy as he leaves, then turns her head to look at the one that just popped up on her shoulder. You realize that you're pretty silly, right?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Mei gasped softly, awed by the beauty of the hidden courtyard. This truly was a pleasant place to be. The only problem she could have found with it was the fact that it was solidly outside school grounds; if, for some unforeseen reason, she was called to be somewhere, she would be unable to hear the call from this location. But that being said, it was also delightfully far away from the often vicious rumours and games played by Tokiwadais' alumni.

"It's lovely...How did you find a place like this?"

"Like you just said, I found it. I like exploring the city, and I happened to stumble on this at one point when I was up on the roofs, following some issues with some Skill-Outs in one of the worse sections of the city, fortunately out of uniform, since apparently, whoever designed that didn't figure out that just maybe you might have to run at some point... Though I'm in enough trouble without it getting around that I like wandering around after school's out in parts of the city we're not even supposed to know exist, especially combined with the fact that I ditch the skirt for a pair of jeans, so it'd be nice if you not tell anyone about that,"
    Ryuu answered quietly, smiling at her. "And I'd appreciate it if people not find where this is, either. You seem like restful company, and you needed someplace to get away enough that I'd have shown you anyway, but I could use somewhere to forget life for a while at times."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei returned that smile.

"'Course I won't. Promise. This is your special place, and I don't really know what I did to deserve being shown here, but...Thanks."

She then proceeded to yawn and stretch. Yesterday had been a long day, and she still had to visit her brother in hospital. This has been a nice jaunt, though-To be able to go somewhere where she didn't have to listen to the vicious rumours and backbiting surrounding her and Tobio.

"So, uh, Ryuu-san, how do you know Tobio-kun, anyway? And are you in Judgement? I haven't seen you around, if you are..."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're welcome. And mostly what you did to deserve it was look like you were about to break down and start crying, send a whirlwind through the middle of the room, or both," the pyromancer replies, shrugging, and taking a seat under the trees.

"As for how I met Tobio, that's sort of complicated... I will tell you, I just need a minute to figure out how to explain properly,"
    she goes on, picking nervously at a fold in her skirt, and avoiding Mei's eyes. "But no, I'm not a member of Judgement. Or not yet, at least, though I sort of doubt they'd take me if I do decide to apply... Anyway, you remember that emergency call for all Judgement members a couple of days ago? I was the Tokiwadai student that the guy you all were chasing grabbed. He managed to convince one of the Pure Streets - and yes, I will say which one, though not because I want you to go after her; we actually got along pretty well. But with all of the stuff going on with them, it seems like she could use some help, and even if she does end up with problems for what she did there, that's better than getting dragged into the rest of it, so... Her name was Shunkei Ina, or at least something pretty close to that. And she wasn't involved in the darker side of their activities, other than peripherally. Maybe Daisuke was trying to get her into it, or maybe she'd seen something she wasn't supposed to, but he hadn't yet, and she wanted no part of it, she was just too scared to tell him that, or get out altogether and report it - to help hide him, and she took us back to her place, then got his hair color changed and gave him a pair of colored contacts, after which, for some reason, he decided to go out to an arcade in the School Garden.

Judegement showed up pretty soon after we did, as I think you probably recall, considering that you were there, and since she'd been so afraid of what would happen if Daisuke found out, I really didn't want him getting caught and questioned, so I tried to... Provide a distraction.

You know how Tobio said that there was a pyromancer there, and that they were trying to do unpleasant things to you and your stuff? That was me. So my apologies for almost frying your phone and coming quite close to setting you on fire, though it was for a good cause. And if it helps, I wasn't trying to do anything that would kill you or really hurt you, just stop you from looking for him, whether by breaking what you were using to do so or distracting you by making your armband catch fire."

She pauses for a moment, looking up from the ground nervously to see how Mei is reacting to all of this, before, if nothing stops her, resuming her story.

"Anyway, our little Esper duel intrigued me. I wanted to see who it was who'd managed to beat me, or at least hold me off until someone else could. Not many people can, after all - I'm a Level 4, and on the high end for that level, not just a shade more powerful than a good Level 3 or thereabouts - even with the appropriate powers to do so.

So I went looking for him the next day, and, after I'd pretty much given up, he ran into me while I was sketching, and he asked if he could see some of my stuff. We got talking, it turned out he liked my art, and we actually got along pretty well, and we ended up training together for a while, after which he walked me home, expressed admiration for the stuff I'd painted in some of the rooms, and headed off on patrol."

She stops again, frowning, and looking somewhat confused, gaze dropping back to the ground, and a faint blush forming, before speaking again, in a much quieter voice.

"Which, come to think of it, is pretty unfair to you... I've already got a reputation for being not at all a 'good girl', and the first time I've ever met Tobio, I go over to his house for several hours, then get walked home by him, after which he comes in and stays for another hour or so, and no-one says a word about it.

You've been friends with him for months if not years, are a member of Judgement, and are known as being fairly well-behaved, if somewhat prone to yell at your partner, but you go with him to the movies once, and people immediately assume you're going out - and from a few of the rumors I heard, sleeping - with him. How does that make sense to anyone, even the kind of idiots who like to start rumors like that about people? I could see both of them, sort of, since the rumors about you two would feed off the earlier ones, or just about us, but why ignore the stuff with much better, if still circumstantial enough to be open for putting your own spin on it, evidence completely, but then leap on a couple of friends going to see a movie together?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-06 at 11:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal giggles at Kin as she bids Crocell farewell. She waves to the boy as he leaves, then turns her head to look at the one that just popped up on her shoulder. You realize that you're pretty silly, right?
    "Then I'm in good company; Oh, don't try to pretend otherwise. I've seen that smile you get when watching my antics. I've heard your real laugh; The one that shot straight into my top five favourite sounds ever. Beneath that perfect little schoolgirl disguise, there's an amazing, madcap fool whose shenanigans surpass my own in every way."

Kin's voice was light, but she spoke with conviction. During their walk back, she'd sometimes lift her head to stare at Krystal; When she did, her eyes almost seemed to be looking through the other girl, as if marvelling at something just beyond the surface. Then she would rest her head again and sigh contentedly. When at last they reached the gates of Tokiwadai she sighed again, but there was nothing contented about this one. She reluctantly straightened into a more proper stance, double checked herself for stray crumbs, and plodded into school.

"We have maths next, right? Quadratic equations, if I recall correctly..."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei had to try to keep herself from opening her mouth at a bad time. She was involved with Astraphobia? A dangerous criminal? And not only was she apparently fine with being in his presence, she had the audacity to impede Judgement in their activities...Why, she had to resist the urge to let loose her trademark "Judgement~desuno!" followed by slamming her into a wall with her Breath Hammer. She withheld her wrath, however, for a variety of reasons, including A: The hunt for Astraphobia was called off, B: She was a friend of Tobios', and, most importantly, C: If she was as strong as she said she was, there was no way in hell Mei had a chance of winning.

The urge died as Ryuu continued speaking, Mei rapidly forgiving Ryuu for her involvement with a criminal as she received her sympathies regarding her current situation with Tobio. Still, she was a little surprised about her relationship with Tobio; she knew how nervous he got around pretty girls, and yet not only had she spent several hours at his house, he had said nothing about her? Interesting-No! She had to stop herself. Gossip like that was what started her most recent problem, and it would be dreadfully hypocritical of her if she kept it to anyone but herself (The fact that Tobio was not at all nervous in her presence flew right over her head, somehow).

She was still musing about Tobios' hypothetical relationship with this mysterious girl when Ryuu finally finished speaking. A brief, awkward silence would have arisen before Mei finally spoke, stuttering sheepishly.

"U...Uh, yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I...I think it might have had something to do with the fact that I was dressed up for the night...And the fact that I am pretty well-known..."

She inhaled deeply, attempting to better phrase what she had intended to say.

"Well, uh...All of that, really? Sounds like you've had a pretty eventful week...But then again, I suppose interesting things gravitate towards interesting people, huh? Not that I mean that in a bad way, of course; it's just that I haven't heard much of you before. A powerful Level Four? You should be more involved in school activities! Ah...Also..."

She paused for a moment to contemplate her next words, almost sure she would regret them later. Nevertheless, she continued, more out of the fact that she felt that she owed Ryuu something more than anything else.

"Also...This 'Shunkei Ina' girl...You might want to tell her to keep away from Daisuke, at least for the next few days. He and his associates are probably going to be arrested, and if she is present at the time, that will likely include her."

Mei sorely hoped that Ryuu would inform Daisuke of this, directly or indirectly, because that would be a wrench in her brothers' plans-A wrench that he would not forgive her for. Biting her lower lip nervously, she pulled out her phone to look at the time-And gasped once she got it.

Lunch ended ten minutes ago, and she was late for her music class.

16. - Top - End - #136

Krystal waves her hand in the air. Why Kin, I simply have no idea what you are talking about. She grins a little.

Krystal smiled pretty much the whole way back. She was glad to have made a friend within her first week here. It made the initial phase of living in a whole new country better.

At the gates, Krystal nods again. Yep, you got it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yaaay...."

As usual, the stones of Tokiwadai seemed to drain away Kin's exuberance. By the time she reached her desk, she had completely returned to the dry, bland demeanour that had kept her unnoticed by Krystal until the 'incident'. Throughout the eternity that was this maths class, her pen could be heard, dutifully noting down equations and procedures. When, at long last, the ordeal was over, she filed slowly out of the room with everyone else, showing no sign of the relief that she must have been feeling. Only when she had met up with Krystal in a nearby corridor did a slight smile grace her features.

"Right, that's the trivial stuff out of the way. Now we can move onto something far more urgent: Shorts."

One trip to Kin's room later, and the two of them were making their way towards the entrance of School Garden, sporting the matching pairs of shorts which Kin kept for such excursions as the one on which they were about to embark. She scanned the area eagerly for Crocell, clearly excited about the whole affair. The Miura Kin who now twirled gleefully in the afternoon light bore little resemblance to the obedient drone from just a little while earlier; These two sides of her were like night and day.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell when he returned to class was not quite as bored as Kin. Sure his day was a little routine, but he needed to take notes lest he suffer one of those nervous breakdowns the students at Azabu were famous for. When class was over he used his small stature too his advantage. He kept his head down a blended into a sea of tall people. Thankfully he managed to reach the gates of Azabu without trouble. One trip to his dorm room room later and Crocell is dressed in his usual attire(His profile pictures clothes). A short while later and he makes to the entrance of the School Garden to see Kin and Krystal waiting for him.

He waves at the two girls with a grin on his face as he comes to a stop in front of them. Looking back and forth between both girls he says, "So, you gals ready to have some fun?

__________________________________________________ _______________

Tobio indeed had a hard time with the spirit of the style. His gentle nature combined with the trauma he had gone through was really holding him back. when lunch was over he was wondering if he would ever be able to completely use the style Shougo had taught him. It was just that every time he tried to get into the spirit of the style there was that gruesome face staring up at him with a satisfied look. Also was scared him had been how easy it was. To take a life, and that was what truly scared him.

After classes ending Tobio waited at the gates of Onizuka for Shougo so that they could head to his house like Shougo said they would.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Ryuji once he got back to school took scarce notes and let his memory do the rest. Once once school was over he let through the gates of Azabu like the rest of his classmates. Once he was a decent ways away Ryuji came across three familiar and very welcome faces, "Ryuji-sama!" The Micro Sisters were waving at him. He waved back at he approached them. Various looks of jealousy were throw their way as Ryuji walked off with them. They exited the School Garden while chatting amicably.

(So Anyr, Duos. Feel up to any sort of organization like villiany? Maybe involving a certain brown haired Gemstone?)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Tobio indeed had a hard time with the spirit of the style. His gentle nature combined with the trauma he had gone through was really holding him back. when lunch was over he was wondering if he would ever be able to completely use the style Shougo had taught him. It was just that every time he tried to get into the spirit of the style there was that gruesome face staring up at him with a satisfied look. Also was scared him had been how easy it was. To take a life, and that was what truly scared him.

After classes ending Tobio waited at the gates of Onizuka for Shougo so that they could head to his house like Shougo said they would.

...(So Anyr, Duos. Feel up to any sort of organization like villiany? Maybe involving a certain brown haired Gemstone?)
    {OOC: Absolutely. I've actually been looking forward to this moment for a while.}

Unbeknownst to Tobio, his train of thought was all too relevant. In a dark room deep underground, there was a computer screen, upon which was listed the details of the horrendous dockside encounter which had so deeply disturbed him; And above that description, there were two simple words: Stage One.

"The subject is in position."

"pErFeCT tImInG. BeGiN."

A scream suddenly echoed through the air around Tobio. Nearby, a woman lay dazed on the ground, pointing frantically in one direction.

"MY BAG! HE STOLE MY BAG!"

Sure enough, a hooded figure could be seen fleeing the area, clutching something in his hands. Just a typical petty crime, easily solved by a skilled Judgement member like Tobio...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looked and when he locked his eyes on the form of the fleeing perp he hardens his face, entering the Concentration state that he reserved for when he was on duty and using his powers. Within seconds his he his skates strapped on in a numerously rehearsed motion as he skates towards his target. As he does so he takes out his cell phone and calls Shougo. Should he pick up he would say, "Shougo-san I am pursuing a petty crime perpetrator. It may take me a little while so I was calling to tell you that I might be a while."

With that done Tobio pours on the speed.

21. - Top - End - #141

Krystal is a little bit more excited by school than Kin. She likes learning new stuff. But, even she can get tired of it after a while.

So when class ends, Krystal didn't have to be dragged to Kin's room to get the shorts. And when she waits outside, it's with a hint of excitement.

She returns Crocell's wave when she sees him, smile on her face. She nods to his question. Yep, I'm ready.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

School had just finished, and as Shougo left his last class, head still full of ideas, something unprecedented happened. Somebody had called him. Fumbling about with his phone momentarily, he was taken aback at how to actually answer a call. When he did, he was met with Tobios' declaration that he would be late. Shougo, being entirely unfamiliar with how calling actually worked, finally worked up a reply-After, of course, Tobio had already hung up.

"Let me help, Ishida-san! Where are you heading?"

Understandably, there was no reply.

"Ishida-sa-...Oh. The call is over."

Shougo berated himself mentally as he recalled where Tobio was supposed to have met him; at the school gate. Dashing there as quickly as he could, Shougo drew upon his power to hasten his progress, quickly becoming a blur across the schools' courtyards as he deftly dodged bypassers to reach his target.

Tobio had, of course, left a good while ago. Only slightly deterred, Shougo leapt up onto a set of street lights to see if he could spot Tobio from the top. If he could not, he would have been left in quite a situation-He would have to ask people for help, a situation which was never easy for him.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ready, willing and able. Lead on, fellow guide to the wonders of urban navigation!"

Kin was enthusiastic about the coming venture. Meanwhile in other surprising news, the ocean has been found to be quite deep.

Tobio looked and when he locked his eyes on the form of the fleeing perp he hardens his face, entering the Concentration state that he reserved for when he was on duty and using his powers. Within seconds his he his skates strapped on in a numerously rehearsed motion as he skates towards his target. As he does so he takes out his cell phone and calls Shougo. Should he pick up he would say, "Shougo-san I am pursuing a petty crime perpetrator. It may take me a little while so I was calling to tell you that I might be a while."

With that done Tobio pours on the speed.
    The criminal turned out to be quick on the uptake, at least from Tobio's perspective. Not only did he notice Tobio immediately, but he also noticed his speed and method of travel. Rather than trying to merely outrun his pursuer (a futile effort), he changed tactics. Soon he was weaving past civilians and obstacles that were easier to dodge on foot than on skates, along with changing his route to one where the paving was uneven. Had he really been a simple thief, this would have been a testament to his improvisational skills; In reality, though, there was nothing improvised about any of this. The whole encounter had been carefully planned well in advance, and was even now being stage managed every step of the way.

"Our robber is playing his part well; Perhaps a little too well. If he keeps up this pace, might he not actually succeed in losing the subject?"

"yOu uNDeRestImAtE iShIdA TObio. hE wiLL NoT be ShAKeN bY tRicKs Of tHIs lEvEl."

"Are you certa-Wait. The second wild card has just entered play. He is at the school gates, with intent to interfere."

"cAn hE CatCH uP?"

"It is highly unlikely, but not impossible. Shall I deal with him?"

"...no. oRDeRS fROm ABoVE."

"As you wish."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods with vigor as he says, "Al right then ladies, first we're going to be taking baby steps to get Krystal used to the experience. You seem to be in goo shape so first things first we need to get the most important part of Parkour out of the way, and that part is getting rid of your fear." Crocell then points up to a building that has a fairly high roof.

"That will be our first destination I'll show you the safest and fastest path up there so just follow my lead and you should be fine." With that Crocell would start running, making sure he pace was enough that Krystal could keep up and jumped onto dumpster and immedieatly jumped onto the buildings fire escape to start rapidly running up to the top. Fairly easy for a begginer.

__________________________________________________ _______________

The observation about Tobio was fairly accurate. With moves born of hours of practice Tobio weave through people and obstacles alike. When the uneven pavement came along there was not much Tobio could do about it. So he decided to slow his target down instead. Freezing the air in front of him rapidly Tobio transferred the subtracted heat to the shoes of his target. It was hard to run in hot shoes that were rapidly melting.

As for Shougo Tobio's trail would be easy to follow, even without asking questions. After all when a kid comes blazing by on skate dodging through people with grace they tend to talk about it. Some in awe others in annoyance and anger at how close he came to hitting them. One gumpy middle aged man even shouted, "WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING YOU CRAZY PUNK!"

25. - Top - End - #145

Krystal's gaze follows Crocell's pointing to the building's roof. She takes a breath and nods. Okay. I think I can do that.

Krystal keeps up on the way to the dumpster pretty easily. She seems to do more climbing than jumping when it comes to the dumpster, but she gets on it fast enough. She does hesitate on the jump to the fire escape. But, after a moment, she bracers herself, takes a step on the dumpster's lid, and leaps, catching the fire escape. Not as graceful as Crocell was, but she got it. Going up the escape is easy enough for her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick succession of footsteps and light thumps told that Kin had also negotiated this opening section successfully. From the sound of it, her ascent had been quick, clean and unhesitating.

"A good start. Onwards and upwards!"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

When Krystal makes it to the rooftop Crocell is there with a serious look on his face. "Good you made it. Now then, I noticed that you hesitated when jumping onto the fire escape. Your going to have to get rid of that or parkour is going to be more terrifying than fun." He then points to another rooftop a good distance away.

"So we need to get rid of that hesitation and fear. I need you to jump across to that rooftop. If you don't make it I'll catch you. However unless you run full force from the stop with no hesitation at all your not going to be able to make it. So...ready to take the plunge?"

28. - Top - End - #148

At the first statement, Krystal shifts on her feet a little. Well, cut me some slack here. Pretty much anybody would hesitate a little their first time.

At the second statement, Krystal seems a little worried at first. But, she takes a moment to close her eyes and breathe a few deep breaths. She remembers the fact that she is aiming to become like a hero here. And if she's going to do that, she can't very well do all of her moving on the ground, can she? A hero has to have many talents. And since her powers don't really lend themselves to fighting well, she has to make up for that on her own.

When she opens her eyes again, the worry is replaced with determination. She nods to Crocell. Okay then. She makes sure she's back as far as she can be, gets ready, and runs. When she gets close enough to the edge, she lets out a yell and jumps. Provided nothing weird happens to interfere, she should land in a roll on the next roof. Not the most graceful of landings, but a landing none the less.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell watches as Krystal made her jump. He smiles as he sees from the force and the look on her face that there is no hesitation and that she will make it. When she does Crocell gives a loud whoop and starts clapping in congratulation. He then makes a running leap and lands in a graceful roll that lands him back on his feet. He then gives her a pat on the shoulder as he says, "Nice job. Now I can fully teach you about parkour. Although it's mostly learning a set of skills to jump, climb, and navigate and polishing them."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin of course added her voice and clapping to the congratulatory noises, while wearing a grin that looked in danger of splitting her face in half.

"YES! Slink away, fear, because you have been beaten this day!"

She didn't even wait to finish that sentence before starting her own leap. She landed on the opposite rooftop with grin untarnished, and hands that started clapping again as soon as they were free to do so.