New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

(Crap. Got ninja'd)

Crocell lands as Krystal picks herself back up and dusts off her knees. She has a huge grin on her face. Thanks! That was awesome! Such a rush! She looks back to the previous roof and waves to Kin. I made it! Now it's your turn!

She grins at Kin, who just landed as well. This is gonna be fun!
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-07-08 at 10:18 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo narrowed his eyes once he saw caught sight of Tobios' blue head bobbing in and out of the crowd. There looked to be quite a number of people-and cars-In the way, and he doubted his ability to be able to weave through the mass of bystanders and follow Tobio at the same time.

Of course, there was still the ever-present voice at the back of his head telling him that this wasn't his problem and that Tobio could take care of it himself. While this was true, though...He was still his friend. There was still always a small chance that something would go wrong, and Shougo was not about to take that chance. He could see what kind of person Tobio really was by the way he fought-By nature, he was kind and gentle and did not want to hurt others. That was why he had such a big problem learning the Anti-Esper form. He also knew that he would freeze in a kill-or-be-killed situation. If needs be, Shougo decided that he would make that choice for him. He would lose far less sleep over it than Tobio would.

But first, how to get to him? The street seemed crowded-The only place free of people and with a clear line of sight to the street was the rooftops...The rooftops! That was it. He would have to rely on his power, though, and the thought of leaping twenty foot gaps or falling to his death twisted knots in his stomach, even if he had watched his father do just that with ease. But he wasn't about to back down now.

Clinging tightly to the top of the street lamp, Shougo concentrated briefly before leaping high into the air and landing effortlessly on the top of a nearby building. Without missing a beat, he began sprinting in Tobios' direction, keeping close to the street whilst jumping from rooftop to rooftop with what was obviously superhuman agility.

Crocell, Krystal and Kin might have spotted this; seen a fairly nondescript boy suddenly burst into a display of unnatural acrobatics and hopping from building to building in twenty or even thirty foot bounds.

__________________________________________________ _______________

This may have come as some surprise to GATE. Nimori Shougo, according to their files, was a very mediocre Level One with a low potential for growth. Up until that point, his only real significance had been his association with Ishimaru Moroe. He certainly shouldn't be capable of doing what he was currently doing.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

{OOC: Wouldn't Crocell's group would several districts away from this scene?}

Contrary to Shougo's assessment, the rooftops were not the only uncrowded place with a clear view of the streets. In the sky high above the chaos, a nondescript helicopter flew, wheeling through the air. Inside it rode someone who tended to be completely comfortable in such a position. Others might have thought it appropriate that he survey the masses from on high too, because his appearance could best be described as 'angelic'. He wasn't handsome in the same way as a certain Azabu heartthrob, who regularly charmed the ladies with his very presence; Rather, every aspect of his features spoke of supreme innocence, unmarked by evil of any kind. This was GATE's resident emotional control expert: A composed, methodical manipulator, who walked untouched through riots that he himself caused, like the calm at the eye of a storm.

And right now, his eyes were in serious danger of bulging straight out of his head.

"What?!"

"wHaT Is iT? WhaT iS hapPeNNiNg?"

"No time! Red one: Begin final step immediately! I say again: Begin final step immediately!"

Back on the ground, in the confines of a narrow alley, Tobio's quarry suddenly stumbled. With a cry of pain, he stepped out of both of his burning shoes, in a motion that was so smooth that it almost looked rehearsed (which it had been). This done, the robber abruptly abandoned his attempts to flee, turned around and charged straight at Tobio, a knife edge glinting in his hand. And high above, someone else played their part too.

The angel-faced man's Esper ability was quite a narrow one. He could do only one thing: Control anger. He couldn't force people to do anything, or directly determine their actions. He couldn't, for instance, make it certain that Ishida Tobio would end up taking the life of another human being today.

But he could make Tobio angry. Oh yes, he could make Tobio very, very angry...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-09 at 12:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yori sorely wished that he had been unconscious for the regrowth of his limbs. It had felt like somebody had stripped the skin off of his limbs and dipped him in rubbing alcohol; like somebody had set his bones on fire; it felt like he was dying five different ways.

But in the end, as he lay on his back, gasping for breath in the chill of the medical ward, the little girl wrapped in her sheets on her bed and staring quizzically at him from the safety of her cocoon of blankets, he knew it had been worth it. He held up his hand in front of his face and stared at it; a real hand, not some steel simulacrum, flesh and blood, and flexed it experimentally. It felt bizarre; like discovering you had a second set of eyes and were just now learning how to use them. He rolls over and pushes himself unsteadily upright. He wobbles as he leans on his new leg, flailing his arms for balance before he gains sure footing.

He pauses. It feels like a massive weight has been lifted from him, body and mind. Having to use his powers every day to simply function on a normal human level was like having to haul around a steamer trunk packed full of lead on his back.
    Now that he didn't have to concentrate...
    Now that he could focus his powers fully on what he wanted them to do...

He gives Shiki a look-nods-and then looks out into the hallway, checking to see if it's clear. He turns around and backs slowly out the door, one finger pressed to his lips in a shushing motion, winking to the girl on the bed. He shuts the door, the lock clicking shut. Outside, an aide is waiting. They begin walking down the hallway.

"I can't believe she actually consented to that."

"Well, I was very convincing."

The aide fiddles with his watch a bit, silent for a moment before speaking again.

"I, er, overheard a bit of what you said. By accident, of course. And, well..."

The lab-coated technician looks at Yori.

"Is that true? Did you really lose your parents?"

Yori snorts.

"You're almost as gullible as that brat was. Kids will believe anything, as long as it doesn't shatter their fragile, stupid perceptions of justice."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the hospital, in the room where Yori's captive man is being kept, the psychic interrogator is busy retching into a bucket in the corner. His face is as white as the sterilized bedsheets, terrifed tears streaming down his face. The two Antiskill officers shift uneasily. One of them gives the handcuffed operative in the bed a hard look.

"What did you just do, son? I can always add aggravated assault of an officer to your long list of offenses."

The man in the bed smiles thinly.

"I didn't do anything. Your pet telepath tried to find out where headquarters is. I just concentrated really hard on what the boss did to the last guy who threatened to seriously disrupt his project."

Spoiler
    Show

The ESPer in the corner hiccuped, dry heaving into the wastebasket. He was trying very, very hard to forget what he had seen.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    At that moment, a beep sounded from Moroe's computer, which she swivelled around to check. When she swivelled back into view, there was a predatory smile on her face.

"Then sit no longer. I've found them."

She quickly rose and stalked out of the room, trusting Hajime to follow. Her destination was the ground floor workshop, or, to be more specific, a hidden keypad that was set into one of the walls.

"First things first: We neen weapons. Those troops were equipped with some impressive armour. Pistols alone aren't going to cut it against them."

The wall slid aside to reveal a deep recess, filled with a selection of the finest guns which Academy City had to offer; Guns which, despite their quality, were usually forsaken in favour of Moroe's standard pistol (or, occasionally, sniper rifle). As comprehensive as this arsenal was, she rarely found an excuse to use any of it. Today, however, there was some serious killing to be done, so she reached in and grabbed as much firepower as she and Hajime could comfortably carry in nondescript bags: In her case, that amounted to an assault rifle, a string of grenades (both normal and chaff), two unusually powerful pistols (though still not enough to be reliable against that armour), a monomolecular knife, and a good selection of plastic explosives. This accomplished, she stepped aside to let Hajime take his pick. It was only then that she revealed a somewhat worrying flaw in their upcoming operation.

"I'll be honest here: I don't really have a plan. We know almost nothing about these people, their base or their procedures. So really, beyond 'sneak in, find the girl and sneak out (preferably without getting into a fight)', we'll be playing this whole thing by ear. Is that acceptable?"

Moroe didn't like operating this way, but she didn't really have a choice in the matter. There was barely any data available, and no time to gather more. The query to Hajime was more of a courtesy than a real question. She already knew that he'd never abandon her.

"Poor, faithful little clone. You really drew the short straw when it came to masters..."
    Hajime jolted upwards the instant Moroe spoke, he would not wait a single second longer, he would never wait again. His body creaked as he stood up, following her as quickly as he could, and his eyes burned with an empty light, looking like two stars in the darkness as he stood before Moroe, and he nodded in acceptance. It was not a question of 'yes' or 'no' for Hajime - it was 'do' or 'do not'. And he would never betray his Master; she was the light in the darkness, the only one who could possibly care for what he thought, or could even consider him something... real. It was almost surreal at times. When he looked at her, it was like she was looking through him, not at him.

He entered the room quickly, and looked around, the simple white shirt he wore softly fluttering as he moved. A black dress jacket was carelessly thrown over his shoulder, and he had apparently donned a black vest in the past few minutes, looking for all the world like a fancy waiter. He ended up picking up several knives - maybe nine or ten - all equally balanced. Hiding them in various parts of his clothing was a simple matter, considering he had a white dress shirt on, and had seemingly bought what amounted to a simple black suit to go with the ridiculous outfit Shiki had made him buy. Two knives went up his sleeves, easily within reach. Two went into the pockets of the black dress pants he had been wearing, and four were easily hidden within the various pockets on the jacket. One was hidden on his ankle, and the final one was placed in the breast pocket of the jacket -easily within reach of his hand at all times. He then searched the room for both an assault rifle and two pistols; placing them in the second bag that Moroe had brought. Flicking open the bruised and battered cigarette case, he looked at the inside of it with no emotion. The specially designed bullets had been made for Fuschichou Souji, not Hajime. Hajime had felt the powers of the Electromaster slowly slipping away over the short time he had been around Moroe - he gravitated towards her instead. Perhaps he would have no abilities afterwards. Perhaps he would be a normal clone instead of one with powers.

But that was unlikely. Adachi had designed the clone process to always have an ability. Hajime distantly recalled something Adachi had said mockingly to his Master.

"He thought that your ability changed depending on how you saw the sky. He saw infinite possibilities, little pieces of lightning in the stars. Do you know what I saw, Ishimaru Moroe? I saw something that I could take, and shape into whatever I wanted."
    Hajime did not see the sky. Hajime had never seen the sky, not once in his short life. He had only seen his Master. He had never seen little pieces of lightning in the stars, he had only seen the single time his Master had looked at him with something approaching awe in her eyes.

The case tipped.

The bullets fell.

Hajime turned to Moroe, speaking softly. "Affirmative, Master. I believe these will suffice for me."

His tone implied nothing, like his eyes. However, his voice was like a hurricane, powerful and filled with a desperate need to act, to pulverize whatever obstacles lay in his way. When compared to his usual tone, it was like night and day. The voice he often employed was like a wisp of smoke on the blackest night, unnoticeable in what it was surrounded by. He had come from darkness, and he dwelled in and exuded darkness, every fiber of his being was steeped in the stuff, far more than Souji's had been. Souji, while never having not been in darkness, still managed to feel like he had never experienced it, because he knew of another time, and another way to act.

Hajime had no such thing. He had nothing of his own. No soul - that had been taken with ludicrous ease by Adachi. No body - the one he currently inhabited belonged solely to one Ishimaru Moroe; for all her protests and denials, it was true. He had no heart, or at least, he did not believe he had such a thing. Hajime had not even considered it possible to not follow her commands. The clone enjoyed the calm serenity of life, and yet he freely struck out at her foes. He was a hypocrite of the highest order, a man of peace who fought with wild abandon.

"...Master. I believe I have found a name for myself. It accurately describes my actions, far better than the name you generously gave me."

No emotion entered his words. No emotion ever entered his words. He was like a piece of iron, merely existing to be warped and shaped. It was as if he was a brick wall, solid and sturdy, never changing, simply being.

"Shizuo. The memories that I have state that it means "serene man'; a sort of vicious irony for one such as I, who fights without ceasing. I suspect that it will fit quite well in the following hours, where there will be violence that I will no doubt participate in, even if I do not wish to."

He paused for a second, and looked at her with something approaching compassion in his eyes.

"Please do not misunderstand Master - I do not wish for you to forbid me from fighting. If I did not fight, it is far more likely that you would undergo harm while I stood by and watched. Your wishes are far more important than mine, as mine are merely a pointlessly idealistic view."

As he spoke, Hajime picked up the black tie that lay near the ruined clothes that he had been wearing - the ones that Shiki had convinced him to buy, and began to weave it around his neck, temporarily struggling with shaping it into a proper form as his words washed over Moroe like a wave of calm, their slightly detached tone making it all the easier to understand what he said. He finished struggling with it quickly, and fiddled with it for a second, before finally tucking it underneath the jacket. He pulled a set of sunglasses, a set of simple black shapes that covered his eyes, from the pocket that held no knives on the vest that he wore, and placed them on the bridge of his nose, quickly tugging on the jacket as he did so.

"I am ready Master," He said, his tone soft as he picked up the bag that carried both his assault rifle and the set of pistols he had picked up, "Shall we?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-07-12 at 02:09 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "...Master. I believe I have found a name for myself. It accurately describes my actions, far better than the name you generously gave me."

No emotion entered his words. No emotion ever entered his words. He was like a piece of iron, merely existing to be warped and shaped. It was as if he was a brick wall, solid and sturdy, never changing, simply being.

"Shizuo. The memories that I have state that it means "serene man'; a sort of vicious irony for one such as I, who fights without ceasing. I suspect that it will fit quite well in the following hours, where there will be violence that I will no doubt participate in, even if I do not wish to."

He paused for a second, and looked at her with something approaching compassion in his eyes.

"Please do not misunderstand Master - I do not wish for you to forbid me from fighting. If I did not fight, it is far more likely that you would undergo harm while I stood by and watched. Your wishes are far more important than mine, as mine are merely a pointlessly idealistic view."
    Moroe blinked. That most definitely wasn't the response that she'd been expecting. Clearly Hajime (or was it Shizuo now?) had a lot more on his mind than just the mission. Crying over Shiki had been shocking enough, but now he'd gone and, out of the blue, chosen a new name for himself. This was obviously another major milestone, which deserved an equally major discussion between the two of them; Unfortunately, they didn't have time for that. Happy as she was that her clone was starting to forge an identity for himself, she still felt a little irritated that he was doing it right now.

"Er, yes, that's fine. That can be your name from now on, if that's what you want. Oh, and let's get one thing straight: My wishes are not worth mor-oh what's the use? We'll sort this out later."

..."I am ready Master," He said, his tone soft as he picked up the bag that carried both his assault rifle and the set of pistols he had picked up, "Shall we?"
    "We shall."

Putting all thoughts of internal crises aside, Moroe made her way out of the workshop. Soon, she and her faithful clone were were proceeding to District 19, and a mission which had a good chance of being the last one they ever attempted. Along the way, Moroe ordered several more drones into camouflaged positions surrounding the hideout. She also moved the one which she'd left hovering over it to a more discreet vantage point, lest it raise the alarm before she even arrived. Hopefully the extra eyes would help her find a good route by which to enter the base.

7. - Top - End - #157

Having an identity really didn't mean much to Hajime - he did not think of himself any differently, he remained the same as he always had been, utterly and completely devoted to his Master. That would never change. Any discussion would have been redundant - a surname did not change who he was; his Master's Sword. No matter how much she argued it, even if she denied his very existence, he was her weapon. Hajime did not mind if he was harmed, as long as he could protect his Master. She was the only thing that mattered, after all. Everything else was secondary, quite possibly a distraction for Hajime's reality. She was the center of everything he wanted, everything he needed, after all.

"Er, yes, that's fine. That can be your name from now on, if that's what you want. Oh, and let's get one thing straight: My wishes are not worth mor-oh what's the use? We'll sort this out later."
    He blinked. "Master, I am unsure as to what you are trying to convey. I would not change the name you gave me without great justification - I am still Hajime. I merely have added a... surname, as you would call it. Shizuo Hajime is my name Master. And I highly doubt any could change that."

Putting all thoughts of internal crises aside, Moroe made her way out of the workshop. Soon, she and her faithful clone were were proceeding to District 19, and a mission which had a good chance of being the last one they ever attempted. Along the way, Moroe ordered several more drones into camouflaged positions surrounding the hideout. She also moved the one which she'd left hovering over it to a more discreet vantage point, lest it raise the alarm before she even arrived. Hopefully the extra eyes would help her find a good route by which to enter the base.
    Hajime had holstered the bag rather well as he followed after Moroe, easily weaving through the streets of District 19, fully prepared for the death that would inevitably occur on the mission. He glanced at Moroe, subtly walking in front of her, shifting his body in order to easily dive in front of the shorter girl, making sure that he could protect her with ease if they were endangered.

"Master. Do I have your permission to remove the weaponry? I believe now would be the time to setup, rather than later, when we may be detected."

Shiki

The girl was curled in her bed, sobbing quietly. That man's story was so... so sad! How had the poor man lived like that for so long, and nobody had ever even thought of helping him?! She was glad that her ability had alleviated his pain. She didn't want to inflict pain on anyone, not ever ever ever!

She sniffled, wiping her face on the blanket. She couldn't wait to see Oniichan and Neesan again.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: Anyr is right Cao. Crocell and Co. started their run from the entrance of the school garden which is a ways away from Onizuka if I remember my Geology correctly.

Crocell grins as he looks at Krystal. Good job Jones Krystal, for today you have shed your fear and in it's place you have grow a beautiful pair of wings. Let it be known that the city hold no limit for you. The sky is you domain and the city is your highway. Nothing can ever keep you on the ground. Now then, lets fly!"

With that Crocell would show Krystal a few basic maneuvers for navigating the city as well as keeping her running momentum which was crucial for the full experience of parkour. After that he would take his two friends on a free run. The goal was a rather tall building in the distance. They could take any route they wanted to get their and that the winner would get a prize. They could decide what it was when they got their. With a quick countdown Crocell jumped off the roof of the building they were on, onto a nearby lower roof and started making his way to their destination.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Indeed, without any prior knowledge Tobio's concentration slipped as he started to fall into rage. At first it was small things. First when the man came at him Tobio performed a skating pirouette to dodge and brought a leg up to slam into the perps unprotected back. However the kick contained more force than needed. With an opening Tobio the struck out with a punch that was intending to maim.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Indeed, without any prior knowledge Tobio's concentration slipped as he started to fall into rage. At first it was small things. First when the man came at him Tobio performed a skating pirouette to dodge and brought a leg up to slam into the perps unprotected back. However the kick contained more force than needed. With an opening Tobio the struck out with a punch that was intending to maim.
    The man got caught full in the back by Tobio's unexpected manoeuvre. Strangely, though, it didn't stagger him as much as it should have done. Perhaps he was wearing some sort of armour. Whatever the reason, it allowed him to dodge the punch sent his way an instant later. He swiped with the knife, hoping to create some distance between himself and Tobio.

Hajime had holstered the bag rather well as he followed after Moroe, easily weaving through the streets of District 19, fully prepared for the death that would inevitably occur on the mission. He glanced at Moroe, subtly walking in front of her, shifting his body in order to easily dive in front of the shorter girl, making sure that he could protect her with ease if they were endangered.

"Master. Do I have your permission to remove the weaponry? I believe now would be the time to setup, rather than later, when we may be detected."
    "Naturally."

After a discreet check with both eye and drone, to make sure that they were unobserved, Moroe started arming herself. She loaded herself with a complement of weaponry far greater than her usual loadout, which she fervently hoped would prove completely unnecessary. Hajime's efforts to shield her provoked a quiet sigh, but no objections. Shougo had done the same thing. Back then she'd thought it a childish exercise in chivalry, but now she'd experienced the emotions behind it first-hand. If Hajime's fear of losing her was even a fraction of that which Shougo had suffered, then she wouldn't attempt to stop him.

"I still have them: Those bits and pieces that I pored over while putting you back together. Your fears; Your hopes; Your memories. They're all I have left o-STOP IT."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-13 at 08:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Distance that Tobio would allow. He willingly gave the criminal his space as his eyes became became unto mythical ice. So cold that it burns. Tobio's uncontrolled bursts of rage were a step down from what the man he couldn't see or know about was forcing him to feel. Because this...this was anger with a purpose. To extinguish the life of the one before him for daring to commit a crime and then have the nerve to attack him afterward.

With the finality of a Shinigami Tobio said but one word. "Shinē." With that the criminal's heart would be super chilled to -100 degrees Celcius. Ishida tobio had take another life, and he didn't even realize it yet.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: My bad. Lol. Also, tell me if you don't want Shougo to interfere, and I'll rewrite it.))

Tobio would never have had the chance to do so, because the criminal would suddenly be thrown violently into the wall via a flying kick to the ribs delivered by a charging Shougo, a human blur in motion. Even through his armor(?), the man would have been severely winded by it, possibly breaking bone. Without missing a beat, the blow was immediately followed up by a forceful punch to the same spot, and then a powerful blow to the side of the neck, intended to either paralyse or knock a target unconscious.

Shougo turned to Tobio wordlessly, his face pale from the exertion and the fact that he could not believe what he had just said. 'Die'. And with such ferocity, too...Truly, there was more to Ishida Tobio than he had first thought. Unconsciously, his body was moving itself into a fighting stance, sensing the incredibly hostile aura that Tobio was likely putting off, even now; even though Shougo knew that he stood no chance against Tobio with his knees creaking as they were.

And they were creaking because he had just straight-up run down two storeys after sprinting at an incredible speed across the rooftops, using his power over momentum to stop his knees from shattering from the force by converting the upward momentum into imaginary mass and gradually releasing it over time. Even now, he was pretty much at his limit-Attempting to move too quickly, he knew, would result in his legs straight-out snapping.

And for GATEs' resident emotional manipulator, it would have come as quite a shock. A level one of Shougos' caliber was not supposed to do this-He was not supposed to do anything like this.

12. - Top - End - #162

Hajime tilted his head in acknowledgement, opening the bag with a single move, swinging the rifle around his back and picking up the two pistols, training them on the door. Moroe's sigh was heard, acknowledge, and immediately discarded from his mind. If she died, then it was all pointless. Shiki was not his Master, she was merely an interesting pastime. She would not be able to replace his Master. He tilted his head slightly back, one of his silver eyes staring at Moroe with all the blankness of the night sky.

"Master. Do you have any plans on how to enter the facility? I do not believe the door will open anytime soon. If this is detrimental to your plans, perhaps I could create a diversion that would better suit your purposes."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

The man fell like a sack of potatoes, a look of supreme surprise visible on his face; A look which was shared by the angel-faced Esper who observed the whole scene from above. Through his earpiece, he could hear a continuous barrage of questions from his distant colleague, which he ignored. When he eventually spoke, it was purely to himself.

"...He was going to do it; I am 96% certain of that. Being prevented from actually committing the murder changes nothing. This mission should still be counted as a success."

Hopefully his superiors would be convinced by that logic too. Still unable to really process what had just happened, he extracted a black remote control from his pocket and, with a few rapid button presses, stopped the robber's heart. That common thug really had played his part beautifully. It was amazing what some people would do to keep their families safe. With that loose end tied up, the helicopter flew off towards distant horizons.

"Master. Do you have any plans on how to enter the facility? I do not believe the door will open anytime soon. If this is detrimental to your plans, perhaps I could create a diversion that would better suit your purposes."
    "No, no diversions. This space warper isn't stupid. If he sees only one of us attacking, he'll immediately ask himself where the other one is. Besides, he already knows that we're here to rescue the girl. Once an alert sounds, she'll be surrounded by guards in a minute flat."

Moroe continued to study the telemetry from her drones. It really was annoying having to work with so little information. Even so, she had to find some way to sneak into this base undetected.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-13 at 02:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: No it's fine It makes it more interesting that way.)

Tobio looked at Shougo with those same eyes. It was surpising that such a gentle soul could have such murder in his eyes. Then once the man in the helicopter left, not that they would know, Tobio's eyes returned to their usual gentleness as he fell to his knees with horror in his eyes. Oh Kami! I was about to do it again! I don't even know what happedned this time. One minute I was ready to slap him in cuffs. The next I was aiming to kill him! I don't even know why, I was just so angry. I don't even know why I was angry, it just came out of nowhere! I almost..."

Tobio then looks up at Shougo as the fear in his eyes becomes even more pronounced as he says, "Shougo-san thank you for saving that man and...Do you, think I'm a monster" He was clearly waiting on bated breath for Shougo's answer.

15. - Top - End - #165

At the end of the count off, Krystal takes off as well. She isn't as fast as Crocell, but she's determined to make it. For the first part of the race, she'll follow the same route as Crocell, mostly because she doesn't know the rooftops well enough to try her own route.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

The only racer who didn't rush off immediately was Kin. For a few seconds after the count, she stood hesitantly watching Krystal's retreating back. It didn't take much insight to guess her thoughts: She was pondering whether to throw the race so that her friend didn't come in third. After weighty consideration, though, she decided that Krystal wouldn't welcome such charity, and dashed off at double speed to make up for lost time.

That little handicap might have been for the best, since Kin quickly proved to have an unfair advantage when it came to this particular sport. In terms of pure skill she was about equal to Crocell; However, Crocell didn't have an Esper ability which let him stick to things. Kin's chosen route through the course was very different from the one traversed by her competitors: It took her across ridiculously narrow ledges, down drops which would usually have broken bones, and up completely smooth walls with no handholds. Combined with the fact that she'd removed her footwear at the beginning, so that she could grip through her (apparently very tough) feet, and it wasn't long before this more efficient path gave her the lead.

At the point when she actually zoomed past Crocell (who was on a nearby rooftop), she shot him a slightly guilty look. After all, it wasn't as if she was winning because she was better than him. It was just that he didn't have her edge.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-13 at 08:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yori was in a good mood, for once. He whistled as he sat in the break room, sipping at his drink and reviewed a series of surgical reports from the genetics lab. The project was ahead of schedule, he'd managed to get his missing limbs grown back, and for once, nobody had stolen his root beer from the lunchroom fridge. He absentminded folded a few ice cubes from the freezer into his drink. The air around the fold didn't twist or bubble before gaping open anymore, now that he no longer had to devote half of his powers to keeping his body from seizing up; instead, it tore nigh-instantly with the faint sound of shredding metal, leaving a faint, lingering, near-ultraviolet glow along the edge of the spatial rift. The intercom chimed softly.

"Fukui Yori to Security Office, please. Fukui Yori, Security Office."

Yori's good mood began to evaporate. He frowned. Either they were interrupting his lunch for nothing, or there was something serious. Either way, he was going to be busy, and he had a feeling that he would be in a rather cross mood after his visit to Sec.

----

"I figured you might want to see this, sir."

The officer in the chair tapped one of the many screens he was watching. He rewound the screen and played the loop over again, the floating disc bobbing up and down before scooting off through the air, out of camera range.

"This thing had been floating over one of the warehouses for the past two or three hours, then it flew off somewhere else. I'm not sure what it is, but it seemed like something you'd want to know about."

Yori's eyes narrowed. He stared hard at the air-bound object on screen.

"You're right. Good catch; things like this are never 'unimportant'. That's a reconnaissance drone, the military sometimes uses them. My guess is that either one of the Antiskill taskforces finally sniffed us out, or we're going to have some other, equally unpleasant company very soon. Regardless, this location is compromised; I want the project moved to the next location we vetted ASAP. Put the word out."

The officer nodded, and turned to pick up the phone on his desk. Yori left him to his devices and stalked off down the corridor, his mood completely soured. He hated it when he was right.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo slowly relaxed as he sensed Tobios' killing intent fade. Whatever had happened...Felt slightly unnatural. Shougo fancied himself a fairly good judge of character, and he certainly hadn't felt any great amount of anger (or even evil) in Tobio in the brief time that he had known him. Not only that, but the look of horror on his face appeared genuine, and the way he had switched from 'murderous' to 'terrified'...

His hands fell to his sides. As frightening as that look of utter rage on his face was, Tobio was still his friend, and Shougo trusted him.

"No, Ishida-san. I do not. I...You are welcome."

Hesitatingly, he placed a hand on Tobios' shoulder. He didn't know what to say or how to comfort him.

"I do not know what happened there, Ishida-san...But I do not believe that was really you. Speaking of which...We should restrain that man."

He turned to the criminal, wincing as a spike of pain shot through his knees. He rolled him over and, to his dismay, the man was not breathing. After a moment of inspection, Shougo realised that the man was, in fact, dead. Which was odd, because Shougo had scrupulously avoided any killing blows. A curious mix of utter mortification and ...detached annoyance...? Mingled at the back of his head. Strange. He had honestly thought that he would have had more of a reaction to killing someone for the first time.

"He is dead, though, Ishida-san. I fear I may have inadvertently killed him."

Shougo then stood up and wiped his trousers with his hands. When he matched eyes with Tobio, they would have not looked entirely like Shougo-Entirely too cold, clinical. They looked a little like Moroes' eyes.

"What now?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio gulps as he says, "Well we should probably get out of here and fast. No one has come along yet and we should go before someone does. However since he does not have any overt wounds most would assume he was knocked out. As much as it lieaves a bad taste in my mouth sometimes criminals die in the streets. He won't look too out of place. So how about we go back to your house like we planned Shougo-san?"

Is Shougo agreed he would end up leading a slightly disturbed Tobio back to his house, wondering why he was unable to control his actions.

Crocell sees Kin pass and when she looks back he gives her a grin that shows he is having a lot of fun. After she passed him Crocell would say, mostly to himself, "Okay Kin-san, if we're playing the powers game on the first run let the games begin!"

He would then make a small hop as he planted his feet firmly on the ground. And when he made a proper jump, flames would shoot from beneath his feet propelling his jump much higher than it normally would have. He would have used the ability to jump onto a high roof. He would then continue using it to increase his jumping distance. His running speed was already good enough.

Crocell was good at finding the fastest route to the destination. The entire city was an Oyster. However he does look back at Krystal to make sure she is having fun.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Ryuji and Co were walking past slightly unfamiliar territory as they were exploring the city. While walking down an alley they stopped as they came a cross a group of girls with bright hair of various colors. The girls also wore Sailor Fuku's with various patches. The were also all smoking. While playing with yo-yo's

The lead girl with bright red hair stepped forward with a smile on her face as she says with a honeyed voice, "Well, well, well. Look what he have hear ladies, a bunch of idots who don't know that this is the territory of the Neo Kanto Women Delinquent Alliance. So sad too you all look quite good, I would hate to disfigure such pretty faces."

Ryuji's hands barely had time to twitch before the lead girl says, "I wouldn't do that hot stuff. One wrong move and my girls prove that Esper powers are real useful when you've got and amalgamation of 'em. Though... Me and my girls have a little fun with you and I might consider letting your girlfriends go. What do ya say?"

((OOC: If you guys want to control some of the Neo Kanto Women Delinquent Alliance just go ahead and post. I won't stop you.))

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell sees Kin pass and when she looks back he gives her a grin that shows he is having a lot of fun. After she passed him Crocell would say, mostly to himself, "Okay Kin-san, if we're playing the powers game on the first run let the games begin!"

He would then make a small hop as he planted his feet firmly on the ground. And when he made a proper jump, flames would shoot from beneath his feet propelling his jump much higher than it normally would have. He would have used the ability to jump onto a high roof. He would then continue using it to increase his jumping distance. His running speed was already good enough.

Crocell was good at finding the fastest route to the destination. The entire city was an Oyster. However he does look back at Krystal to make sure she is having fun.
    "Ooooh...."

It was all Kin could do to keep her eyes on the path ahead. The sight of Crocell leaping in a shower of flames was just the sort of thing that she loved to watch with rapturous attention. She found herself wishing that she could split herself into two, so that one could watch the fireworks while the other raced this new opponent; And what a fantastic opponent he was. It had been ages since she'd needed to tax herself this much! With a last, regretful glance at the pretty lights, she pooled almost all her focus into the race; She was going to need it.

And so the two of them sped across the rooftops in an all-out, no holds barred bid for first place. From then on, the terrain dictated which of them had the advantage. When the sky was open and the path ahead uncluttered, Crocell would soar past Kin, leaving trails of flame in his wake; While when he found himself blocked or in narrow surroundings, Kin's ability to bypass such obstacles triumphed. It was all so exhilarating. Kin would have whooped with joy if she'd had any breath to spare. She only wished that Krystal was with her to share in this experience. Hopefully her friend was enjoying herself, especially considering that this race was supposed to be for her benefit...

21. - Top - End - #171

While it was just a race of physical capability, Krystal found herself not falling back too far from Crocell and Kin. It was clear that they would both beat her, but she pretty much expected that. Crocell had obviously been doing this for years, so he knew the best paths to take and had the most practice. And while this seemed to have been Kin's first time as well, the fact that she had been in this city for a long time probably helped her almost as much as it helped Crocell.

Once she caught a glimpse of them using their powers, Krystal found herself getting a little bit jealous. Her powers didn't really lend themselves to stuff like this. But, she didn't let that fact get to her. She was going to give this race her best effort. When Kin and Crocell looked, they would see that Krystal was indeed having fun.

On the thought of powers, her mind did start to wander a little as she started thinking of how her powers could help with this stuff. Like maybe seeing when a bus was going to be near enough for her to leap onto it and hitch a hide or something. This distraction caused her to trip on a roof and land on her face. Luckily, it wasn't the edge of the roof.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing Krystal trip Crocell's eyes widened as he called out to Kin, "Hey! Kin-san time out. I think Krystal tripped." With that Crocell would double back to check up on her. WIth how fast you sometimes go in parkour momentum plus meeting anything solid could lead to a lot of hurt.

When he reaches her he helps her up as he says, "Are you alright Krytsal-san? Do you want to stop?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin almost suffered a fall herself when that call reached her. She had been jumping between buildings at the time, which wasn't the most convenient of moments to pause. Thankfully she managed to catch onto the edge of one building and dangle off it by one hand, in a position that would have been quite perilous if not for her power. From this position she peered anxiously back, unable to quite see her fallen friend.

"Is she okay? Please say she's okay!"

24. - Top - End - #174

When Crocell reaches Krystal, he'll find her propping herself into a sitting position, one hand on her forehead.

Ow. That hurt.

Her knees and her palms are kind of scraped, but there doesn't seem to be any major damage to her. She waves her open hand in the air a little.

I'm fine, I'm fine. Just got a little distracted and tripped. My fault. At the, she brings herself to a standing position again. Her palms and knees are red with some blood, but the bleeding seems to have already stopped. Krystal takes a moment to stretch her limbs out to make sure they're fine. Once done with that, she gives a nod.

Well, ready to continue?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

"Damn it! There's nothing to go on!"

Such was Moroe's analysis of the upcoming mission. She slumped against a wall, frustration filling her voice. Even after observing the warehouse from all angles that didn't require burrowing equipment, there was still nothing to indicate which of them would be best to approach. Just as she'd feared, they really would be going into this blind.

"If we had more time, I bet I could find some decent intelligence. But we don't have that time, do we? So for the sake of that girl we barely know, I suppose we'll just have to pick a wall and hope for the best."

This decision made, she snuck up to one side of the warehouse as stealthily as someone laden with weapons could manage. She was still grumbling quietly as she placed a complicated device on the wall and set its timer. This wasn't an explosive, but rather a container for two complex chemicals which, when mixed together, would produce an acid which would hopefully eat a hole in the wall. It was quiet, reliable, and safe; If, that is, it didn't eat its way into a room filled to the brim with armed guards. With no way of checking this rather worrying possibility, Moroe was gambling their success from the very beginning.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods as he says, "As long as your ready. Don't push yourself to hard if you tire out though." Crocell turns towards where Kin is and walks forward so she can hear him clearly.

"Kin-san! Krystal is okay. She actually wants to continue racing. So I officially declare time in!" With that Crocell is off again using his flames to leap great distances. At this point the group is at the home stretch. The building looked even taller than it was in the distance.Looking at the thick cable that ran from a nearby building to the top of the target Crocell took another flying leap to land on the building he needed. Then like a tightrope walker he balanced on the cable and swiftly started to ascend to the top.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"As she commands!"

Thus reassured, Kin hoisted herself back up and made a break for the finish. The quick rest had done her good, although she actually would have preferred not to have had it. Back before being interrupted, she'd been running on an adrenaline high of exceptional quality. Now that it had been allowed to ebb, she knew that the end of this race would never reach its full potential. What a shame.

Kin reached the final building almost in tandem with Crocell. Unlike him, she didn't need a silly cable to make her ascent; She just leapt onto the wall and started climbing straight up it. Though this made for a shorter route than the diagonal cable, she'd started lower down. Seeing how close this finish was going to be, she was sorely tempted to push her limits and go faster than was strictly safe. In the end she restrained herself, since Krystal would no doubt have been traumatised for years from seeing Kin plummet to her death. After what somehow seemed like both an eternity and no time at all, she saw the building's lip looming ahead of her. She'd lost the luxury of tracking Crocell a while ago, so she had no idea how far he'd gotten. Had he already won? Was she ahead of him? Behind? Well, she was about to find out. With a final burst of speed, she swung herself over the edge...

{OOC: Want to decide who wins? I honestly can't tell which ending would make for the best story.}
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-14 at 06:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

As she swung herself over the edge she found that she was alone. Barely a second later Crocell jumped onto the building from his cable a side grin on his face. "Well done Kin-san. You won first place. We didn't set what the prize was so while we wait for Krystal why don't you think about what you would want."

Crocell would then reach into his outfit pocket and pull out a miniature water bottle and start drinking form it thankfully. After he finishes he would fish another out of his other pocket and hand it to Kin.

29. - Top - End - #179

frown Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

Krystal takes off as well. Her knees are still sore, but she does her best. She knows she won't win, but she wants to at least finish.

She reaches the cable that Crocell used. She watches him walk across it, and she knows she won't be able to do that at this point. So, she goes for the next best option. She grabs the cable and slowly lowers herself under it. Then she swings her legs up around it and starts shimmying up it. Not as fast as Crocell's method, but it'll work.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

The news of Kin's victory seemed to energise her. Despite her obvious fatigue, she started twirling madly around the rooftop and shouting in joy. It seemed that Miura Kin had quite the competitive streak in her.

"I won! I won! IwonIwonIwonIwonIwon!"

She grabbed the second bottle from Crocell on one of her passes around him. A few gulps of water went into her mouth, while the rest got showered over her when she held it upside down above herself. She exulted in the cool rain, seemingly uncaring about the state of her uniform.

"Now that was a race!"