Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 62
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    You sit in the Prancing Lobster, surrounded by the citizens of Goldhaven. In these dark times, these simple people have learned to appreciate simple pleasures: mead, dance, and song. And tonight is no exception. A bard on the stage plays a jaunty tune, and the customers are clapping, stomping, and dancing, spilling their drinks all over the place. All around you, people are laughing, smiling, drinking, and chattering away. The time of harvest is approaching soon and everyone is looking forward to the rich bounty that is to come. They forget the mayor's recent disappearance, the grisly murders of his wife and child, and the fact that they must yet still be wary of draconian agents.
    Thera, the bartender's daughter, scurries about, dodging dancers, tables, suitors, and groping hands alike with an experienced grace. You see her father bumbling about, his hands struggling to keep up with the requests. He's a large man, both in height and girth, but usually moves with speed and precision. But tonight is different, he struggles to find the right taps for ale and mead, almost as if he'd never worked here in his life.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Kimberly sat near one of the corners of the bar, watching the bar and its patrons. Bulwark stood behind her, keeping watch of things that went on behind her, even though there weren't many people there. Upon noting the bartender seeming to be having trouble with his work, which she had noted before he did fine at. Bul, go ask Thera how her father is doing. He's acting... strange. He nodded and began to make his way between the tables, trying to follow the girl and catch up to her. When he does get close to her, he asks, "Kim says you're father is acting strange. Is something going on with him?"
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Really?'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Synec sits at the opposite corner of the bar, his back against the wall. He debates ordering a drink, but seeing the bartender fumble with his orders, he decides that its not worth the wait and instead turns to face the crowd. He sizes up the populace, searching out easy marks and dangerous faces.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone else who stands out in the crowd aside from the father/daughter team?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Kim:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure, I guess he's not feeling well right now. I tried asking him what was wrong, but...I think he wants to be left alone right now. She looks confused, as if she's doubting her own words. But she has no time to worry, patrons are waiting for their drinks, and besides, such things can wait until the end of the night.


    @Synec:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look around the inn, and only one face is unfamiliar to you. A man sits at the bar, quietly sipping his drink. He wears a dull gray cloak and is almost imperceptible in the chaos of the inn. Squeezed in between two large men, he simply sits, hunched over his drink. He doesn't appear to be conversing with anyone, or even making the slightest effort at interaction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: His back is to you, if you're going to try anything.

    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Galarial walked through the darkness, robe held close and his hood down. It was no chill in the air, however, that encouraged his withdrawn appearance, but simple caution - even a village as far from the big human cities as Goldhaven had their fair share of prejudices ... sometimes more. It was easier to hunker down and hurry along then invite trouble by way of street toughs. The last group to test the monk had learned it was a bad idea the hard way.

    Soon he found himself standing in front of the Prancing Lobster, a particularly unfunny name for the town's only inn. Humans definitely had a strange sense of humor. Shaking his head slightly, Galarial slipped inside, the sounds of laughter and music washing over him. Rather than stopping in the doorway and drawing attention to his still sillouhette, he moved deliberately to the side, then found his way to a seat at the end of the bar, away from most of the commotion. Raising a hand, he motioned the bar keep, who appeared to be out of sorts and on edge.

    Regardless of who came to take his order, Galarial would speak softly, but clearly. "Wine, cheese and bread, if you please." Settling onto his stool, he turned to sweep the room once before turning back.
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Galarial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small boy, maybe 12 years of age, comes to your table. After hearing your request, he wordlessly returns to the bartender's side, and fetches you, as you requested, wine, bread and cheese. Whether you dismiss him or not, he stands there by your side, his large brown eyes staring at your face. His face is small, angular, and even for his age, he seems rather small. His eyes move to your staff, and then to the tattoos that pepper your skin. "Yer an elf," he observes, "Do you know my mother?"
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Renalto rode down the dirt streets of Goldhaven, mounted atop a pitch-black courser. The gaunt, pale man seemed to be heading to an abandoned farm that he had taken residence in. As he turned onto the rode leading to the decaying barn house, he halted his horse.
    The pain's got worse now, what are you trying to tell me Tyr? No matter... maybe a drink or two can calm it down.
    With that, Renalto turned about and head back for the small town.

    He arrives at the Prancing Lobster, musing at the rather peculiar names that bar-owners tend to give to their taverns.

    Dismounting, Renalto grabs the attention of a stable boy;
    Make sure he gets plenty of feed and water, and be careful, he can have a bit of a temper sometimes.
    With that, he gives the reins to the boy, along with a silver piece.

    He walks through the entrance of the tavern, the smell of beer, ale and a few other unsavory stenches hit him full in the face. Yet the music and laughter seemed to bring a calm to his mind. He steps towards the bar, sitting a seat away from a mysterious figure, whose face is obscured by the shadows of a hood.

    Speaking with a rather raspy and strained voice, A pint of your strongest ale my good bartender.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-12 at 09:18 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Watching the boy peer into his hood and look at the tattoos on his arms, Galarial could almost hear the gears turning within the lad's head. However, the question caught him off-guard.

    Blinking, Galarial stared for a moment, then shook his head. "I ... I do not think so, young one. Why would you ...?" He trailed off as he paused to peer a little closer at the boy. Small, lithe ... probably what the humans would refer to as elfin. "Is your mother like me?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+7)[25]
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Galarial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't know her, then I guess not. Elves don't come by very often, so I just thought...maybe you'd...know something...his voice trails off as he loses confidence, and he quickly returns to the bartender's side, ready to deliver more drinks.


    @Renalto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ale? Ale ale ale ale....ale....ale...ah! Here we are! Ale! He mutters incomprehensibly under his breath, Anything else? He forces a smile. You see that from up close that tiny beads of sweat are starting to form on his shining bald head, and that the "ale" he gave you is actually mead.

    As you turn your attentions away from the obviously perturbed inkeeper and to your drink, you catch a few words come from the figure to your left, That's...you bumbling fool...that one...thought you had...this. Even though he speaks with authority, his voice is thin and weak.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    The voice of the man besides Renalto catches his interest.
    Strange man... who the hell is he talking to?
    He takes another swig of the mead, looking over to his left as he raises the mug to his face, directing most of his attention to try to discern what the man is saying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check: (1d20+2)[4]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Bulwark returned what Thera told him to Kim and waited for orders, which took a moment before she sent them out. So she doesn't know either... guess we'll just have to drop it for now. Come back, we'll wait until closing. Bulwark began to make his way through the crowd again until he was back at Kim's side.
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Watching the boy return to the bar, Galarial shook his head slowly. Leaning back in his chair, he slowly chewed on a piece of bread and cheese, the wine sitting untouched for the time being.

    Strange ... but I wonder who has the worse of it, an elf in human lands or a human in elf lands? Or would it be the half-breed offspring of both races in either realm?

    With the boy gone, he glanced around the room, wondering what the evening would bring ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check to hear any interesting tidbits: (1d20+7)[17]
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Renalto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fail to make out any more words, and at least for the moment, it seems that he has stopped talking.
    He turns, and for a second, your eyes meet; his eyes are small black slits, his skin pasty and white. His nose would be a fine handsome nose were it on the face of a giant, but on him, it is a bulbous monstrosity which takes up far more space than it should. On the right side of his face, he has a horrible scar, likely from some sort of burn; then, he continues and looks behind him. He scribbles something on a piece of paper and stands up. He takes a brief look at the room, paying you no special attention, and begins to walk out the door.


    @Galarial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cloaked figure at the bar lifts his head, but you can't quite make out his words from where you are. However, you do note that as he returns his attention to the still near-full mug in front of him, the bartender gives a slight bow and returns to his work with renewed enthusiasm.


    @Synec and Galarial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the cloaked figure stand up to leave, and as he walks towards the door, three men burst through it, laughing raucously. You've never seen them before in your life but you can tell that they're the sort of patrons to make trouble. They bump into the departee, but as they do so, you see him slip a piece of paper into the hand of one of the new arrivals.


    Everyone:
    Three men burst through the door, laughing raucously. You've never seen them before in your life but you can tell that they're the sort of patrons to make trouble.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Renalto follows the hooded "man" with his eyes, shocked at what the face he had just seen.
    What in the name of the 9 Hells was that thing? Uh, maybe it's just the mead...
    He looks down at his mug and places it back down on the bar in disgust and flips his bangs out of his eyes. Turning his head around, Renalto sees a trio of rather gruff looking men elbow their way through the door and past that strange hooded man.
    Damn, something feels off here...
    His muscles tense up, his sword hand itching to grab the handle of the great sword strapped to his back.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-12 at 10:09 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Galarial chewed in silence, watching the man and the bartender exchange words. His eyes slid across the room, catching the various patrons in differing stages of release and relaxation.

    When the door burst open to three loud men, his eyes were naturally drawn to the ruckus. He took a sip of his wine as the three moved into the room, his eyes widening in anticipation of trouble when the hooded man bumped into one of them ... but nothing.

    Wait, there it was ... an almost imperceptible hand movement, giving a small square of paper to one of the toughs, before the hooded man continued on into the night.

    Strange, thought Galarial. I wonder what secrets those two are exchanging, during such times as these?

    He could think of no reason to follow the hooded man right now, so he kept his eyes on the three new arrivals, wondering what would happen now.
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Kimberly focused on her powers and began to gather the general feelings of people around her. She set her eyes on the three people that recently entered and told Bulwark, Get close to them but don't do anything. It's just a precaution. Bulwark did as he was told as Kim read their feelings. A soft chime happened in her head and she smiled, knowing it was working.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless the power didn't work, then remove the last sentence and substitute "No chime happened in her head and she frowned, knowing that it wasn't working."

    Manifesting Empathy. 1 power point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You detect the surface emotions of any creature you can see that is in the power’s area. You can sense basic needs, drives, and emotions. Thirst, hunger, fear, fatigue, pain, rage, hatred, uncertainty, curiosity, friendliness, and many other kinds of sensations and moods can all be perceived.

    You gain a +2 insight bonus on any Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive checks that you make in the round when you cease concentrating on this power.
    She's trying to figure out what their motives are as to why they're here, what they expect to do, the works. To see if they're going to mess with the barkeep, who already has enough on his plate.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-13 at 01:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Really?'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Synec's eyes narrow as he sizes up the patrons who have just entered the bar. Smelling the opportunity for business, he especially focuses on the man who bumped in the cloaked figure, watching carefully to see what he does with the note.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Kimberly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All around you, you sense curiosity, happiness, hunger, and thirst. Common basic emotions for tavern patrons. But these new arrivals, from them, you sense a certain...not hunger...bloodlust. These men did not come here for food, for drink, or for the company. They came here with a purpose, to hurt and possibly to kill. But they seem docile enough for now. But one man in the room is different from the rest, he is not hungry nor curious. From the bartender, you sense relief.


    @Everyone:
    The new arrivals head towards a table in the center of the room and one of them pulls out a small folded sheet of paper. They crowd over it, blocking sight of their faces. They then turn to look in turn at the four of you in turn. Kimberly, Synec, Galarial, and Renalto. After muttering amongst themselves, they stand up collectively, almost as if rehearsed, and walk to the closest of you, the elf. The apparent leader announces, Avalis Talevol, you are wanted for your crimes against the crown: murder, larceny, burglary, and kidnapping.
    I warn you, if you make an attempt to resist or escape, blood will likely be unnecessarily spilt.
    You feel two strong hands clap onto your shoulders, as the two other hooligans move to your sides.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Seeing the conspiratorial glances the men made towards himself and some others in the tavern, Galarial prepared himself for trouble. Is this how it begins?

    However, he did not expect the accusation. Glancing up at the men, he shook his head slowly. In a loud tone of voice, he spoke clearly. "I do not wish to fight. However, I am not the person you said. Perhaps the note the hooded man handed you was incorrect."

    Galarial simply watched the men, leaving his body loose and ready for anything that might happen. Outwardly, his face remained calm, and his voice pleasant. But deep down, in a part of himself he thought long dormant, a desire to resolve this violently slowly burned ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice ... pick on the elf, he's a second class citizen! Let's see how this one plays out.

    Oh, thanks, Jukebox, for updating the OOC thread. That's VERY helpful!
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    The others quiet down instinctively, and begin to back away from the elf and the three men now surrounding him.
    The men exchange glances, before one goes on, ignoring your protest, "We too seek to resolve this peacefully, but this can only be achieved if you cooperate with us. And there is no point in feigning ignorance, elf. We are certain that you are the man we are looking for, along with your three compatriots. Now why don't you call them out, tell them to face their crimes like men instead of hiding in the shadows."
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Noticing that they had looked her way, thereby apparently putting her as his companion and a criminal, Kimberly decided to take a bit of revenge. As her power was still active, she could tell that the elf they were accusing was in fact innocent. Kimberly sighed and thought, Bulwark, you best be ready. She then smirked and focused on the man who was apparently their leader. She broke off the first power, so he couldn't feel the emotions of others anymore, so that she could focus on her new one that she just activated. Let's see what you do if you suddenly find out you have an attraction towards males.

    Concentration (No Display): (1d20+6)[15] [DC: 16] [Failed, refer to the spoiler for the display.]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting Attraction on their leader. Making him attracted to the elf. Will DC to resist the effect is 15. It lasts 2 hours if it doesn't get resisted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You plant a compelling attraction in the mind of the subject. The attraction can be toward a particular person or an object. The subject will take reasonable steps to meet, get close to, attend, or find the object of its implanted attraction. For the purpose of this power, “reasonable” means that, while attracted, the subject doesn’t suffer from blind obsession. He will act on this attraction only when not engaged in combat. The subject won’t perform obviously suicidal actions. He can still recognize danger but will not flee unless the threat is immediate.
    Display: In the case that the no display check fails, there is a bass-pitched hum, eerily akin to many deep-pitched voices, coming out of the leader that grows from hardly noticeable to a soft sound in a second. The soft sound can only be heard within 15 feet with a successful DC10 Listen.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-14 at 12:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    As the crowds parted, Galarial continued to sit where he was. Mentioning three companions, the monk assumed the thug was referring to the other people they had visually marked. With a slow shake of his head, he simply stared, somewhat sorrowfully, at the lead man. He spoke again, his voice clearly heard across a room that had become much quieter.

    There is no feigning; only truth. And the truth is I do not know the person you are looking for, nor what companions you speak of."

    He glanced around at a few patrons, letting his hood fall back to reveal his elven ancestry. "I had heard that being an elf in these lands was often cause for trouble, but I hoped that Goldhaven would be different."
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Really?'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    The hair on the back of Synec's neck raises at the mention of the elf's "compatriots," remembering the look that the three warriors had given him when they entered the bar. Just my luck, out of everything to get busted for, I'm about to be caught for something I wasn't a part of. Hopping down from his stool, Synec attempts to take advantage of the unfolding conflict and hide in the crowd as he makes his way towards the nearest exit.
    Last edited by Really?; 2012-06-14 at 12:45 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    @Everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the men holding the elf leaves momentarily, heading towards the bar. The lead man looks around, momentarily confused, and then looks around the room, his eyes searching the room. His eyes stop on the woman sitting next to the...earth elemental. "You. Get up, now. You too," he points at an armored human sitting at the bar (Renalto), "And don't think I don't see you, goblin filth; you continue where you're headed, you'll find a knife in your back." Delwyn, we're leaving, hurry up. The man called Delwyn returns to his side, drink in hand.


    @Renalto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thera, after the new entrants arrived, escaped to the bar, at your side. You see the man called Delwyn take an ale off of her tray, and leave a coin in its place. He winks at her and takes a long lewd gaze before turning to return to his leader. "Keep the change," he says. But it isn't the stare or his obvious foreignity that perturbs you. It is the coin. Upon it, you see engraved the image of Her Majesty Kezzerax. These men, for some reason, are carrying coins of draconian mint.


    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only exit is the front door, although someone of small size might be able to squeeze through a window. There's another door behind the bar, which likely leads to some sort of storage room, although this is unconfirmed speculation. And Linguz, I got a 16 to save, sorry, fortunately, nobody seems to hear the sound.
    Also, if you've forgotten, Kezzerax is the draconic ruler of the region. Stygia and Etrya are simply free-standing city-states which lie within her kingdom. Goldhaven sends food to these cities, and is not a part of Kezzerax's empire, although she would very much like it to be (along with the cities).
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Renalto does not move an inch, his cold eyes stare intently at the mug that still laid on the bar.
    Who are these men that spout these accusations? Bah, the world's gone to hell.
    As one of the men draws nearer to the bar, Renalto's hand inches its way closer to the handle of his sword. The man stopped however, just outside his reach. Renalto sees from the corner of his eye that the man had simply picked up a drink from Thera's tray. A glimpse of silver had caught his attention.
    The mark of Kezzerax... These are the men of the dragon... Well this makes it all the more interesting.

    Renalto stands up from his chair, turning towards the men.
    Under whose authority do you have leave to command us, free men and women? What proof have you of these accusations?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, second dialogue was actually thought process, please don't mind the albino man who talks to himself.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-14 at 03:02 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn. I was hoping he would figure out he's actually gay for elves. Also, the elemental is closer to them.


    Kimberly stood up, as she was asked and thought, Come back here, Bul. Seems this might get a bit messy and I'd rather not get touched. The elemental made his way back to her, getting in front of her and staying in that location (relative to her). She sighed as she moved around the tables until she was two tables away from them. "Who ever you are, I want an explanation. So, tell me... who am I and exactly what did I do?"
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-14 at 03:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Really?'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    At the sound of the word "filth," Synec's face contorts into a snarl, revealing his sharp, yellowing teeth, and against his better judgement, he steps out of the crowd to face his accusers. "And why exactly aren't I free to leave?" he spits through his gritted teeth.
    Last edited by Really?; 2012-06-14 at 08:26 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    "The four of you are all conspirators in the murder of Rorick Silversun and his family." Turning to Synec, he continues, "That is the reason you are not allowed to leave, not because of your supposed racial inferiority."Having finished addressing the goblin, he turns to Renalto, "And we serve the true power in these lands, what business is it of yours?"

    @Galarial & Renalto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the other men looks towards Renalto and mutters something to the apparent leader. The language is foul in itself, twisted and mangled in a soft cacophony.


    @Galarial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the words as Draconic and they translate roughly into, "That one suspects. Hurry it up, Boris will finish soon."
    Avatar by Bradakhan

    Here, have a smile:

    Games I'm running:
    City of Thorns
    A Time of Need

    Note: I may not be posting everyday, due to real life problems.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Galarial continued to sit patiently, his body still relaxed and at ease. "Saying a thing repeatedly in increasing volume does not make it true. These things, however, are true.

    First, I recognize the name of the missing Mayor, but I do not know the name you called me by.

    Second, I do not know and have not previously met these others you call my companions.

    Third, I have not committed murder, larceny, burglary or kidnapping as you originally accused me of.

    Finally, I may not know what you say to one another, sir, but I do recognize you are using the tongue of the Dragon tyrants.

    My questions to you are what proof do you have of any person's guilt here? And what power do you serve if you speak the tongue of agents of the Council of Six?"


    He stared at the lead man, eyes fixed and steady. Sooner or later, the men would have to act, and when that happened, Galarial would be ready.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to kick the closest person next to me should they become overtly aggressive (i.e., attack us, drawn steel and close in, cast spells, etc.)
    DAMN THE INTERNET GODS! New residence, old house. Must find ISP ASAP! Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Time of Need [D&D 3.5] (IC)

    Looking at the bartender's daughter:
    Thera, why don't you tell us who's visage is stamped onto that coin, these gentlemen have just payed you with.

    Assuming she does respond with the truth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your ruler holds no power in these lands. Lands that belong to the free city of Etrya.


    If she does not respond:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That coinage that you have used to purchase your drink, it is the mint of the dragon Kezzerax, is it not? Your traitorous blood shames us all.


    With that, Renalto draws his greatsword, aiming its point at the leader of the group.
    I give you the chance to leave this town, to go back to your families and reconsider your allegiance lest more blood would be spilled because of your masters.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-14 at 06:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •