Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default The Road to Divinity(IC)

    OOC Thread

    A large, mostly lifeless desert, stretching from coast to coast. In the desert a small gully, filled with non-existent whispers of tension and dread. Threads of fate, threads of chance, threads of destiny are wound and spun tightly in weft and weave in this place, to form the paradoxical skein of reality. Though it does not seem like the much, the birth of something great, possibly something wondrous, is about to occur here. Suddenly there are four pops. Each pop accompanied by the appearance of a person. Each different, yet each possessed of a certain inner strength of will, and a determination to become one of the greatest beings that ever lived, you are these four people, and you intend to become gods for whatever reason.

    The four of you spring into existence around what at first glance appears to be a ordinary pool of water, except for the fact that it is on the bottom of a overhang under which you are currently standing, casually defying gravity. You can see little except the walls of the gulley in which you appeared, which is made of a strange purplish rock. The small patch of sky visible is filled with a unusual clutter of celestial objects, and you catch a glimpse of two sunlets chasing each other across the green sky.
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-06-11 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    cgrela's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    The large red being, obviously of infernal heritage, looks over the assembled group. I must say, this is quite unexpected. I had thought to be here alone. What sort of beings are you? Why are you here? Most importantly, are you friend or foe? I serve Wee Jas as her most puissant champion, and if you are an enemy of my faith, let it be known now. His voice is rich and harmonious, a deep rumbling bass, very much at odds with his brutish (and hellish) appearance.
    Avatar by Sgt. Cookie

    I'm back to a place with decent internet. I feel complete.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    A small, pale figure, wrapped in a black cloak, also appears. He is clearly a gnome, but looks unlike any gnome most of you have seen- he is extremely pale, with piercing green eyes, and with medium-length, greasy black hair and a goatee. His face shows little sign of ever having smiled- despite this, he seems somewhat handsome. Gah! What the hells is this place? This isn't...this isn't.... He was about to explain that he had planned to travel to Wee Jas's realm to rob her of her divinity, but decided that the infernal brute might be something of a threat. Eh-hem. Anyway, no, I am no enemy of Wee Jas, nor of you. I had been attempting to travel to the elemental plane of earth, but apparently my spell...malfunctioned, somehow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bluff check: (1d20+28)[34]
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Samath was confused by his appearance, his light mace making it's way to his hand as he looked to the others. He was tall, but not hulking huge. His skin was coated with somewhat thick scales of varying color, ranging from silver to black. Wings unfurled and the wand bracer indicating some proclivity towards spellcasting. The man did not strike, but merely made ready.

    "This is not the lair of a dragon... and nor are you dragons... Hm... " He stated initially, before the others began discussing goals and/or threats to each other. "I am known as Samath, and I was investigating a nexus of power on my home plane. It appears the Nexus did not lead to a dragon's lair as lore had suggested. As for my goals... I wish to greater emulate the might of dragons, and to surpass them... and go beyond."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    The seven foot shapechanger with the massive claws protruding from his hands had formed hunched over as though ready to strike. When Lorund had sent him into the plane, he had not been sure if his landing would be completely safe, and was ready for such. Looking between the others who had seemingly arrived with him, he began to speak up...in the tongue he had become accustomed to using.

    [Draconic]"Who are you? No, better question. Why shouldn't i eviscerate you lot right where you stand?"
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril mutters in gnomish. Gods, everyone here is so damned threatening. He then responds to the shapechanger in draconic. Good fellow, perhaps you should think a bit more before speaking. I am Kiril Blackwood, a sorcerer and a master of unarmed combat. We have all suffered the same catastrophe as you, and it seems to me that a person as unfriendly as you would have difficulty finding help in leaving this place without us. Quite frankly, I see little reason not to vaporize you for your impetuousness.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-06-11 at 04:31 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    As our heroes meet for the first time and immediately start bickering and issuing death threats, the water in the pool overhead starts to bubble. Suddenly a female head, composed from water, emerged from the pool.

    "Is a little peace and quiet to much to ask for? I mean really. As if the reverse gravity curse wasn't bad enough, now I have to listen to you overagressive powerhungry maniacs nattering on. What are you lot doing here anyway? My divinations didn't predict anything of this sort. Most strange, most strange, odd happenings this, not often I miss the flow of fate this badly. But look at me rambling on, are you folks going to shut up or get lost anytime soon? Heh, get lost, I made a funny."
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-06-11 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Samath quirked a brow before looking at the being speaking in draconic before replying.

    (Draconic)"It would be wise to avoid threatening an unknown. I generally find that unmaking a foe is more worthwhile than making one... and here lies an opportunity for mutual advancement." When the water creature emerged, Samath frowned slightly at the insults it spewed.

    "I've yet to show any sign of full-blown aggression so much as self-defense, and if we're so 'overaggressive' it might be wise not to nag us with insults and inane chatter. Honey goes down much easier than vinegar, after all."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    [Draconic]"Catastrophe? I came here by choice. If that is a catastrophe, then you know little of what power truly is. You could try to vaporize me, but at the end of the day, it would be just as possible to find your heart separated from your body. I think its best to leave it at that. He then turns on the creature, clearing his voice to revert to common, a language he sounds just a tad rusty at. "Lorund told me that little was known of this plane, but if i understood you correctly, you sound like a gatekeeper. What details can you give?"
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    cgrela's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    We will depart when we are good and ready, water-dweller. You seem to be strangely fearless of beings such as ourselves. I take that to mean we are in quite a dangerous place. I must ask you to divulge all knowledge of this place, and render assistance. I have some magic to attend to, but I shall be listening. Kavoth turns and draws a a symbol on the rock, after casting a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Persistent Owl's Wisdom as a 3rd level spell.
    Binding Check for Naberius: (1d20+7)[12]
    Avatar by Sgt. Cookie

    I'm back to a place with decent internet. I feel complete.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Unfazed, Kiril looks the shapechanger in the eyes, his eyes glowing a shimmering emerald. He speaks in Gnomish. Perhaps this will make you more...agreeable. He then casts Charm Monster (Will DC 26) on him.

    Initiative (should he succeed his save): (1d20+5)[20]
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    "You DARE to use your magic against me? I was ready to back down worm, but you made the mistake of drawing arms against me nonetheless."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+10)[23]
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    The shapeshifter suddenly leaps towards Kiril, clearing a large amount of distance between the two in an instant, he'd bring up his knee towards the others gut and then swing his arms forward to swipe two elbow shots towards his face. After that he'd swing in his arms, moving to slice through the enemies chest with his claws.

    After he finishes his rampage, he glares at the man in front of him, and breathes deeply. "Do not mess with me, and i will not mess with you. And do not presume to attack me with whatever magic that is you were trying to use on me again, next time i won't hold back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Welp, since he called for an act of war, its time to try him. Don't worry, Lor is holding back, he's got three more secondary attacks he could have taken.

    Swift action: Allocate Essentia as follows.
    5 to Kruthik claws (+5d4 acid damage per hit)
    3 to Dread capace (-4 to attack rolls, +4 to damage for all non bite natural attacks)
    3 to Blink shirt (bonus teleport distance)
    1 to Totem Avatar (+1 natural armor bonus, ineffective)

    Pounce/Leap (not gonna bother rolling, he'd make the jump with ease, and i'm using power attack or leap attacking)

    Unarmed strike 1 (1d20+23)[41]
    Damage (nonlethal) (3d6+15)[27]
    Unarmed strike 2 (1d20+18)[25]
    Damage (nonlethal) (3d6+15)[26]
    Unarmed strike 3 (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage (nonlethal) (3d6+15)[24]
    Claw 1 (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage (1d8+11)[15]
    Acid Damage (5d4)[11]
    Claw 2 (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage (1d8+11)[13]
    Acid Damage (5d4)[10]
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril leaps about with surprising grace as the shapechanger flies at him, and only one of his punches ever hits. He coughs up blood as he curses, muttering in draconic. It was just a simple charm, to calm your temper. Really, for all you knew, that could have been beneficial. The gnome sighs. I suppose I'll spare you, then, but don't try anything like that again, or you won't find me so lenient.

    He turns to the water spirit.

    And what is your claim to this place? I came here by accident, when my spell of interplanar travel malfunctioned somehow. Now, may I ask, what manner of creature are you?
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
    Samath quirked a brow before looking at the being speaking in draconic before replying.

    When the water creature emerged, Samath frowned slightly at the insults it spewed.

    "I've yet to show any sign of full-blown aggression so much as self-defense, and if we're so 'overaggressive' it might be wise not to nag us with insults and inane chatter. Honey goes down much easier than vinegar, after all."
    The water spirit makes a expression of mild surprise.

    "Well I never. You think I care about your opinions? How arrogant of you. Not enough that you so rudely invade my home and privacy, now you have to put on airs as well. Like you could even scratch me. Please."

    The spirit sticks out her tongue in a rather childish manner.

    Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Lor

    He then turns on the creature, clearing his voice to revert to common, a language he sounds just a tad rusty at. "Lorund told me that little was known of this plane, but if I understood you correctly, you sound like a gatekeeper. What details can you give?"
    "Gatekeeper? Do you see a gate anywhere around here? Do you? Huh?! Didn't think so. No, I'm just your average run of the mill prophet for hire, unfortunately stranded in this dismal plane by some adventurers who didn't like my answers to their questions and decided to experiment with extradimensional spaces directly next to my pool. As to what details I can give, that depends on what you can offer me."

    Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    We will depart when we are good and ready, water-dweller. You seem to be strangely fearless of beings such as ourselves. I take that to mean we are in quite a dangerous place. I must ask you to divulge all knowledge of this place, and render assistance. I have some magic to attend to, but I shall be listening. Kavoth turns and draws a a symbol on the rock, after casting a spell.
    "Hah, good one. You expect me to just give you all my knowledge for free? Dream on fireboy, unless you got something good to offer me you aint getting anything."

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    He turns to the water spirit.

    And what is your claim to this place? I came here by accident, when my spell of interplanar travel malfunctioned somehow. Now, may I ask, what manner of creature are you?
    "My claim on this place? Well it's my home of course, seeing as I can't leave. I'll have you know that I am a great and powerful elemental weird. Seer of fate and damn good looking too if I have to say so myself."

    The weird noticeably puffs up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril smirks. I see little point to this inane chatter. There is nothing you can give me that others cannot, with the possible exception of your fateseeing, though I have little interest in such trivialities. So, I think that I will be on my way.

    Kiril walks a relatively short distance (about a quarter mile) away, and then begins scrawling large, elaborate symbols on the ground with white chalk and powdered silver.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Beginning to cast Magic Circle Against Chaos in preparation for a Planar Binding spell. Using the special diagram, so it'll be ten minutes. Thus, I'm not going to post the actual binding until the others do their thing.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    cgrela's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge: Arcana [ROLL]1d20+13[/ROLL]
    to find out about this elemental weird


    I suppose my words may have led you to believe your assistance was optional. If you wish some service, you may name it, and we may consider it. If we do not accept your terms, however, you will still give us the information we seek. Do not toy with us. While I may be somewhat less hot-blooded than these others, I have no compunction against forcing the information out of you. For emphasis, Kavoth draws his sword, a falchion more than ten feet in length, black adamantine, with the handle wrapped in scarlet leather and an enormous ruby in the pommel.
    Last edited by cgrela; 2012-06-12 at 10:42 AM.
    Avatar by Sgt. Cookie

    I'm back to a place with decent internet. I feel complete.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Samath frowned slightly further, staring intently at the 'weird' as he picked his brain for any lore that might grant additional information. Primarily about means by which to make the creature uncomfortable/hurt so she'd show a bit more respect.

    Knowledge: Arcana (1d20+15)[35]
    Knowledge: The Planes (1d20+11)[17]

    "I was brought here against my will, so I invaded nothing. Were I invading, I'd be far less peaceable, and far lass tolerant of your petulant insults."

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    "What can i give you? It depends on what you might need. I came here in search of power, and if you can show me the path, i will do whatever necessary to reach it. Even if it includes a favor or two for you."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    I suppose my words may have led you to believe your assistance was optional. If you wish some service, you may name it, and we may consider it. If we do not accept your terms, however, you will still give us the information we seek. Do not toy with us. While I may be somewhat less hot-blooded than these others, I have no compunction against forcing the information out of you. For emphasis, Kavoth draws his sword, a falchion more than ten feet in length, black adamantine, with the handle wrapped in scarlet leather and an enormous ruby in the pommel.
    Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Lor

    "What can I give you? It depends on what you might need. I came here in search of power, and if you can show me the path, i will do whatever necessary to reach it. Even if it includes a favor or two for you."
    "Nice sword. Adamantine though? That's so unfashionable these days.

    In regards to a service you may perform me. Mmm. Well, three days to the north there stirs a great evil. A evil sent here by foolish adventurers of the prime material, who think that consigning such as it to a eternal lostness would be sufficient to defeat it. You can stop this thing, then I will tell you all that I know. Which gods are weakest and most easily reached, where the juiciest artifacts are hidden, I know much that can be of use. Threatening will not help you much though. I doubt anyone of you can kill me, though you might give me some small hurt quickly mended."
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril finishes the elaborate diagram, and then begins chanting, his whole body as well as the diagram glowing pale green as he finishes the summoning ritual.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Planar Ally to summon a Ghale Eladrin, who must make a will save (DC 26) or be called (due to the special diagram, SR does not apply, and a dimensional anchor is immediately targeted on the Eladrin).
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril attempts to call forth a mighty Eladrin to serve him, but as the spell reaches it's crescendo and the time arrived for the Eladrin to appear, there was a slight poof of dust and then...nothing. What is going on?
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-06-14 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril curses, having wasted three spells and far too much time on the attempted summoning. He then returns to the group. So, what's the plan?
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    "I don't know about the rest of you, but i feel like testing my mettle against that so-called great evil. You all are welcome to come along, since i'm sure whatever reason you are here for is similar to mine in some way." He turns away from the others, back to the spirit. "I shall do as you request, for i wish the power of the gods themselves at my hands, and so shall see you within a weeks time, at the worst. He moves towards the exit, turning before he leaves to see who chooses to follow.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril mutters a brief incantation, and takes to the skies, following him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Extended Fly
    Knowledge (Ze Planes) Check to understand where he is.
    (1d20+10)[15]
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    cgrela's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Very well. We will return, and you will assist us then Kavoth follows.
    Avatar by Sgt. Cookie

    I'm back to a place with decent internet. I feel complete.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    "Relative power of the Gods isn't relevant unless there is a purpose in combating them. What benefit do I gain in attacking them?" Samath inquired at the proffered information for the task.

    "Additionally, since you stated you did not foresee our arrival, what makes you so certain we are not evil as well? Granted, if for no other reason, artifact locations are sufficient incentive for me to slaughter whatever this thing is, if it aids in my advancement towards Divinity. However, should this be a trick... you'll find me far less reasonable." Ryneba warned, taking wing and following the smaller gnome fairly closely behind, before using his Vatic Gaze.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive roll for Vatic Gaze: (1d20+12)[27]
    Also using Detect Magic to try to see how much magical stuff the flying compatriot has ICly.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Demonic_Spoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Lor

    "I don't know about the rest of you, but i feel like testing my mettle against that so-called great evil. You all are welcome to come along, since i'm sure whatever reason you are here for is similar to mine in some way." He turns away from the others, back to the spirit. "I shall do as you request, for I wish the power of the gods themselves at my hands, and so shall see you within a weeks time, at the worst. He moves towards the exit, turning before he leaves to see who chooses to follow.
    "Ah yes, so confident, perhaps overconfident? Time will tell. Mmm, yes indeed. Time always reveals its secrets if you outwait it. Bribing also works sometimes but I've failed in my attempts of blackmail so far."

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Kiril mutters a brief incantation, and takes to the skies, following him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Extended Fly
    Knowledge (Ze Planes) Check to understand where he is.
    [roll0]
    You learn that your are on the plane where things that are lost end up in, called Lostlon. Whether by teleportation mishaps or other more esoteric means such as Devourer Bags, one of the apex predators around here. You also recall some rumours about a neverending war being waged between the deities trapped on the plane. Beyond that your know little, except that the plane is filled mostly with dross and junk, with the odd valuable artifact or item of power stashed among the garbage. Further you seem to remember something about weird and magical storms sometimes sweeping across the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgrela View Post
    Very well. We will return, and you will assist us then Kavoth follows.
    "We shall see what we shall see won't we?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
    "Relative power of the Gods isn't relevant unless there is a purpose in combating them. What benefit do I gain in attacking them?" Samath inquired at the proffered information for the task.

    "Additionally, since you stated you did not foresee our arrival, what makes you so certain we are not evil as well? Granted, if for no other reason, artifact locations are sufficient incentive for me to slaughter whatever this thing is, if it aids in my advancement towards Divinity. However, should this be a trick... you'll find me far less reasonable." Ryneba warned, taking wing and following the smaller gnome fairly closely behind, before using his Vatic Gaze.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive roll for Vatic Gaze: [roll0]
    Also using Detect Magic to try to see how much magical stuff the flying compatriot has ICly.
    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC: Assuming 3 rounds of study
    You determine that the gnome is capable of casting 7th-level spells. You detect 10 magical auras, at least one of which is strong. Make spellcraft checks for each aura to determine what it is, as per the detect magic spell.


    "You'll just have to kill the evil and find out yes? I care little for you morals, whatever petty evils you may have committed are as candles to the sun of that which awaits to the north. Spare your threats for those that care about them. Why trick you? The information is of no use to me, since I am bound to my pool, and I'd never get any business if I got a reputation for backing out on my deals."

    The spirit, who somehow avoided revealing her name throughout the entire conversation, watches the mortals leave on their quest, glee well concealed beneath her facade of petty obnoxiousness.

    "Bye now! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! If you come back quick I might even judge you guys as being halfway competent!"

    As our band of misfit "heroes" leave the gulley they realize that they have no means of determining which direction is north, there being a multitude of sunlets criscrossing the sky on widely divergent paths and the weird somehow failing to mention which direction it was exactly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: DC 17 survival check for those who want to make it. Or you can try getting the information out of the weird I suppose. Unless someone packed a compass that I missed?


    EDIT: Herpaderp
    EDIT: HerpaderpII
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-06-15 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Lor

    Now outside, Lor takes a running start and leaps into the air, as he easily makes it up, a pair of translucent red wings form upon his back, lofting him into the air easily. He then takes a sharp turn so that he is going north, and begins to move, checking to see if any others were to follow him.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: The Road to Divinity(IC)

    Kiril flies along behind Lor, powered by his spell. He laughs. Do you think the others will be able to keep up?
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •