New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLII

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Manager: El Jaspero
    Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
    White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
    Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
    Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
    Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"
    SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLII

Repost for Zefir due to new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Happened a lot that people miss my posts, think it's very strange and sometimes rude.

"The problem maybe that I not only used technical knowledge. In my world we have established another form of technology. We started to use divine power to give metal a simular ability like skin. With that is was easy to create individual robots like MDM here. Given them something we call 'Baby programm' they are able to learn like humans do."
    "Oh." Winston says, rather disappointed. Mia didn't know the technical details then, thinking it some sort of divine boon.

"Is there some place to open him up for maintenance?" Maybe if Winston got a look inside...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well Mia never said anything against programming him, just that the material is manipulated.^^

"Yes, otherwise how would I be able to hand the programm over to him? Also I'm able to rise his size to do repairs inside as well."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"May I have a look?" Winston asks.

He intends to poke around!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Sticks enters the tavern with his usual showmanship, tossing his shimmering Cloak of Souls around one shoulder and walking toward the bar on bare metal feet.

He no longer looks like a pauper. A gold trimmed purple-red tunic falls about his shoulders, and an embroidered waistcloth is hung over his dyed Bal-wool trousers. These puffy trousers only reach his steel knees.

The first thing he does - the first thing he always does - is look for potential customers. People who look desperate, down, depressed, or in need of assistance. Of course, there's plenty of those people in a tavern, but he needs a more powerful soul than the average NPC can provide. Someone who stands out. His gaze is narrow and imperious.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-13 at 10:49 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #6

A flash of black and purple light suddenly erupts at one of the taverns empty tables, leaving what appears to be a young girl slumped face down. She appears to be in her early twenties, her hair a snowy white compared to her tanned skin. Her dress is tattered and torn, though clearly made of fine purple and red material that's seen better days. In her hand is clenched a charred, blackened dagger that begins rhythmically pulsing with energy.

HEY! cries a male voice, coming from the blade. A LITTLE HELP HERE!
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Woo, new person!

Hmm...

New person seems a little mauled right now.

And the new person appeared right as Winifred enters the tavern! She's human, clearly. And uncannily attractive. The sort of person who usually warrants a second look.

She's also shielding her eyes from the flash of light since you never know when flashes of light might shoot... like... magical lasers at you.

Or something.

Anywho!

The woman cautiously approaches the slumping lady. "I... hello? Talking... knife? How can I help?"

She's been here three months thus far, but talking weapons are still a new one on her.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #8

The merchant with the fancy clothes turns his empty (but oddly expressive) gaze on the newcomer. Well that is concerning. She appears to be unconscious.

Sticks walks toward the woman and her dagger, leaning forward. He doesn't want to touch her just yet. He's wearing his Sunday best, an irreplacable set of clothes, and wouldn't dream of ruining them unless it was necessary.

Sticks has a broad definition of necessary.

"Um. Are you alright?" He says, not sure whether he's speaking to the dagger or the young lady. To clarify, he says, "Madame?" It would seem the other person is handling that... weapon. Sticks is uncomfortable around talking weapons, mostly because he's got one himself.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-13 at 10:59 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9

The woman lets out a small cough, blood splattering on the table from her mouth.

OH GREAT, LOOKS LIke that was fatal after all states the knife, its voice growing agitated even as it seems to fade, the pulsing energy slowing like a pulse approaching its final beats. if any of you... can... heal... would...appreciate... From under the table flows a slight stream of red that seems to be coming from the girl's torso.
    Last edited by Forever Curious; 2012-05-13 at 11:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

"I... umm..." Winifred replies uncertainly, glancing around to see if anyone does in fact know how to heal.

Nope!

Doesn't look that way.

Unless that creepy looking guy Sticks can heal people. But she has the feeling that any healings he gives out would have horrible prices attached to them.

"I'm afraid not...?"

That's one of the issues with showing up in a tavern with life threatening wounds. There might not be anyone on hand to patch them.

11. - Top - End - #11

Sticks attempts to lift the woman's head back, mostly so he can get a better look at the wound. Looks like he might have to ruin these clothes after all. "Move back please," He asks of Winifred, worried her presence will disrupt his abilities.

The tall man scowls as his cloak comes alive. He raises one deadly-looking claw, and it flares with violet fire. He plunges the claw into his bulky belt, retrieving the soul of Archsaint PeMonte, a devout worshipper of deep god Sathin and a vessel for her healing powers. The priest's soul caged between his steel fingers, Sticks attempts to press the soulmass against this stranger's open wound.

PeMonte's spirit is more than happy to help, and if he is allowed within, will attempt to mend this heathen-child's wounds. There is no small effort of will on Sticks part, but as for ritual, he mostly just murmurs some sacred words and makes the proper sigils with his hand.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-13 at 11:44 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red bursts through the front door but door in a form of a cannonball. Thankfully the door just opens and isn't damaged. The cannonball lands somewhere in the tavern. On the floor the cannonball shapeshifts into a child form with a number of wounds, some serious some minor. Raising his face Red speakes in a croaked voice.

" 'Sup people....... I'm kinda hurt or worse over here. When I faint I'd appreciate it if someone heals me before I croak on the floor."

With that Reds face falls to the floor again unconscious. Maybe a nice guy will help?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

13. - Top - End - #13

As the soulmass begins to go to work, the dagger flares a bright violet light as soot and ash fall from it revealing a polished blade with jeweled hilt. With a gasp the woman bolts upright, her green eyes flashing around the tavern in fear until they fall on her strange savior.

Uh...h-hello... she murmurs, eyes wide and mouth agape. The light from the dagger fades as it emanates what almost sounds like a dark chuckle coming from miles away.

14. - Top - End - #14

Sticks watches the dagger 'heal' also, and can't help but wonder if it's bound to this woman somehow. She is a fascinating case, to be sure. Perhaps her soul can be of some use.

Sticks leans forward, the metal needles on his head falling against his scalp like greased hair, and he smiles warmly. "Are you alright, Madame? Does your stomach hurt?" He's got a vaguely Latin accent, and his (literally) silver tongue would be rather charming were it not for his alien appearance.

Another 'patient' enters the tavern. As the boy falls flat on his face, Sticks flattens his face against his palm. He can't simply leave the child to die now - everyone's seen his powers. Besides, some part of him wouldn't feel right about letting a young man die when he could've done something to help. "One moment please, Madame."

He turns on his heel and drops to his knees, the golden soul of a Saint still captured inside his hand. He brings this powerful energy to bear against Red's wounds, and several shimmering tendrils extend outward to mend the boy's shattered body. Sticks murmurs again, a little flash-sweat breaking out on his brow. He normally doesn't sweat at all, but such exertion has forced much from his thin form.

((Perhaps we should wait for Rebo at this point))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-14 at 12:35 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "May I have a look?" Winston asks.

He intends to poke around!
    "In what way? I won't let you have a look at his program. It was much to hard to create it."

Mia makes tours around the inside of MDM, but still the harddrive is privat.^^

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well then there's not much point is there?" Winston says with a pout.

He doesn't care about any of the rest but the program.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red Groans. The healing saved him but hasn't seemed to regain consciousness just yet. Try not to step on the child out cold on the floor.

((Wait for Rebo to do what?))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #18

Wait for Rebo to...

Ummm...

Make Winifred back off a bit and feel useless?

'cuz that's what she does.

She backs off a bit and feels useless.

Healing is most certainly not a thing Huldras are good at. Making neat illusions? She can do that. Taking on a form that encourages most humans to curtain with her? She can do that too. Eat ghosts? She's REALLY good at that one.

But healing people?

NOPE!

Most certainly not in her skill set. Though she seems to be glad that the two injured people are alright.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Red wakes up and steadies himself to stand. He looked at himself and saw that someone did help him. Looking around he saw a couple of people inside the establishment.

"Well since I'm alive I'm guessing someone helped me. So can someone tell me who helped me?"

He may have the persona of a spoiled brat but he is in no way an ingrate.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #20

The girl continues looking about timidly, taking in the strangeness of the tavern and those around her.

Um... she speaks up, obviously uncomfortable. W-where am I...? She seems to notice the knife in her hand for the first time and drops it suddenly, flinching back from it with a kitten-like yelp.

21. - Top - End - #21

Kitty?

Weeeeeell anyway.

The woman has now asked the question that everyone asks upon being blarged into this crazy mixed up world.

"Far from home," Winifred speaks up in reply to the woman who was dying due to extra holes in her torso a few moments prior. Extra holes in the torso are the worst.

"In a little tavern called Trog's."

Hmmm...

Will that do for now?

We'll have to wait and see.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Sniper Flaming Hawt Human Reinholdt enters the tavern and takes a look around. Been a while and maybe Ermine was here. But it seems like no luck this time. Taking a flask out of his jacket, he takes a swig and makes a face wherein it's clear he doesn't like drinking the stuff, before putting the flask back.

After which he finds and takes a seat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Liata Terise strode into the tavern feeling somewhat disgruntled. Here she was, last survivor of the descendants of Terise the Shield, stuck as a poor wanderer in a place that seemed halfway to disaster.

However, while she did have an interest in taking her mind off things with a good drink, this wasn't her only reason. She was seeking ways to help justice, and taverns were good places to find such things. She at least knew enough clichés to know that.

What with her short height, she had a bit of trouble getting onto a bar stool. "Three pints of your fourth-finest ale, if you please," she said coldly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fourth finest? That's awfully specific." Reinholdt comments from just over there.

Best hope Cosmo's not serving though, or it'll just be the usual swill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #25

((I was merely being polite. Post order and all that. Besides, Winifred could've done a million things! ))

Sticks offers his hand to the boy so that he might steady himself. The tall man smiles, and for the first time it becomes apparent that his teeth are made of silver. He's replaced his jagged metal munchers for the evening.

"I'm called Sticks," His free hand forces the soul of PeMonte back into his belt. The thin man seems a little worn out all of a sudden. "You're quite welcome."

He stands and whirls, shimmering Cloak of Souls likely brushing Red's face with a warm, half-ethereal sensation. The tall man is very interested in that dagger the stranger's got...

Aaaaand hello Huldra! Sticks didn't get to have a look at Winifred before, but my, that is not the sort of being he's dealt with before. He's honestly not sure who to try and trade with.

Oh well. He'll start with the ones that are already in his debt. First, this woman with the dagger. "A world called the Nexus," He finishes for Freddie, smiling. He repeats, "Does your stomach hurt, madame? Has it healed?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-15 at 12:32 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #26

Millions of things!

Like...

Umm...

Anywho!

The Huldra could be described as a veritable bottle of souls, containing well over two hundred of the things. All corrupted and amalgamated together in the form of the creatures ghostly blue fox-fire. Given Stick's line of work that would no doubt be interesting. Though given that the souls are a Huldra's source of power Winifred would probably be loath to give them up.

A pretty sweet deal would need to be struck...

Though there's one soul in her that isn't tainted at all.

A human one, held within a glass orb that functions akin to a one-shot phylactery.

Anywho AGAIN!

Freddie orders a cup of licorice and honey tea at the counter. She's rather fond of the smell. And it doesn't taste half bad either!

27. - Top - End - #27

The woman nods slowly, looking Sticks over cautiously. Yes, t-thank you. W-was that magic? And... another world? I-I did not know there was anywhere besides Earth and where that... she glances toward the knife Came from. Taking a deep breath, she regains her composer and stands slowly. My name is Madeline, Mr. Sticks.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Fourth finest? That's awfully specific." Reinholdt comments from just over there.

Best hope Cosmo's not serving though, or it'll just be the usual swill.
    "It certainly fits my mood better than second- or third-finest," replied Liata. "Fourth-finest is for when you need something nice and mediocre. It's something rough for when you're having a rough time and need something that'll bite you back. There's a time for the good stuff, and there's a time for the tolerable-but-not-perfect stuff."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sound like you practically enjoy getting roughed up..." Reinholdt says it with all sincerity. After all... he does too.

"But I'm going to go with the more obvious guess and say you're having a bad day?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30

"Well then there's not much point is there?" Winston says with a pout.

He doesn't care about any of the rest but the program.
    Mia looks at him confused. He seems to have a mood problem.

"Isn't that common in your world? Or do you reveal critical programs to everyone so they can include virus, Trojan and bugs?"