New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Home 11

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:
    Spoiler
    Show

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located Inside, near the Black Dragon's Den.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Inside civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:
    Spoiler
    Show

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

134 Ninja Drive - a 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja. Player: Mindfreak586

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Crimson Tempest -

The ship was designed with the above image as a base.
    The most prominent feature, the flame ring, has been pushed forward towards the front of the ship, while a secondary, lesser flame ring was inserted towards the back. Auxiliary and surplus power supply.
    Barriers, that can be turned off as necessary, are constructed around the rings to protect them from light attack.
    Primary Elemental Entrapment Ring - PEER
    Secondary Elemental Entrapment Ring - SEER

Cannons are installed along the ship, each connected to small elemental rift-batteries to the plane of fire, that allow them to launch bursts of augmented flame in projectile form.

The various rooms within the ship have been magically altered to be Larger On The Inside.
    This allows for more ships in a smaller space, keeping the ship's fairly lean. (Player: VampireRot)

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Hallowmere Lake: Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl (players: Happyturtle and Wolfbane)

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Player: Kid Kris
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further Description, may update.

Jake Stevenson's Home: In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a day bed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home. (player: Happyturtle)

Javert's House - It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves. (player: singingnoodle)

Julie's Place - An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate reknown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord. (player: Slii Arhem)

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Marty's: This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
    Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
    Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.

Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak (players: singingnoodle, Agate 86)

Nabrius' Domain - Located in the depths of Hell, Nabrius' home is rather comfy despite its location. A fireplace provides most of the light in the room. The low, crackling hellfire lights up the carpets floor and the comfy chair and love seat off to the side On the left wall is a small bar, well stocked with wines and champagne, along with some harder drinks. Directly opposite of the fireplace is a bed. Red silk sheets cover it, a curtain hangs ready to be drawn around it, and it's easily large enough for two people to move around freely. The only exit from the room is a single, windowless door opposite of the bar. A small sword rack hangs on the door by the wall, able to hold a single blade. Player: Gulaghar

The Nest/Rael's House - A converted hotel in the Red Zone. It currently houses Rael Kairos, a 300 year old vampire, a large number of strange lifeforms he's created, and a couple of dozen other vampires that he's made.
    Break-in attempts are fine, even if Rael isn't home, as the other residents are capable of defending themselves against intruders. If you're just looking to mess with the place, he won't hold a grudge as long as you don't kill or maim any of the sentient inhabitants. Stealing most things is also okay, though any unique things he might come after you to get back. Full scale attacks are also welcome, but he will come after you.
    Players: C'nor, Technoscrabble, Beans

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
    Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
    Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Silvery ship: It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet. (player: Lost Deep)

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

Home 1
    Home 2
    Home 3
    Home 4
    Home 5
    Home 6
    Home 7
    Home 8
    Home 9
    Home 10
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-02-20 at 12:12 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Nexus Home 11

Navaja's Hive
    Ayakan nods in agreement.
    "It was scary when she bit his ear and he started bleeding...why would somebody do that?"

---

Ayakan's Hive
    "Yeah, they were nice. Though Navaja seemed to be scared of us."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    They're a black matrimony, Aya. Equal parts rivalry, malcious intend, and rabid devotion.
    Also she's just kind of weird.

---
    [K's Hive]
    Psh. She was just afraid 'cause you're a highblood and all/
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Navaja's Hive
    "Why would anyone want a relationship like that? It seems horrible!"

---

Kayete's Hive
    He sighed.
    "Sometimes I wish people wouldn't judge me by my blood color...then I slap myself and realize it rocks! I bet I could command them to do something!"
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    Eh...
    She shrugs.
    I dunno. It's a thing we do.
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    She giggles and snuggles closer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Navaja's Hive
    "Nuh Uh! It's not what we do! We have a red relationship!" Ayakan says, shaking her head rapidly.
    She is being an adorable idiot again...

---

Kayete's Hive
    "So is there anything you'd like to see them do, Caedes?" Kayete asked in a curious voice.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    "We" as in the general troll "we", not "you and me". Hug! Silly.
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    I dunno, do youuuu want them to do stuff?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Navaja's Hive
    "That makes more sense..."
    As she gets hugged, she hugs back.
    "So what now?"

---

Kayete's Hive
    "A little, yeah. Like make me delicious fish dishes."
    It seems he's addicted to Ayakan's cooking.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    I dunno, what do matesprits do? I've never had one before.
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    Let's kidnap 'em.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Navaja's Hive
    "The only thing I can remember matesprits doing together is loving each other. And we've already done that!"
    Ayakan is very perplexed!

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Yeah! Let's kidnap them!"
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    So how do we do that?
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    Caedes grins.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Navaja's Hive
    "By...making a baby?" she said with a shrug.
    She didn't really pay attention during the relationships part of health class.

---

Kayete's Hive
    "We could just invite them over and kidnap them here. It'd be much easier than going to them. Sound good?"
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Navaja's Hive
    "By...making a baby?" she said with a shrug.
    She didn't really pay attention during the relationships part of health class.

---

Kayete's Hive
    "We could just invite them over and kidnap them here. It'd be much easier than going to them. Sound good?"
    [N's Hive]
    Aya. Aya, Aya, Aya.
    Wigglers come from the mother grub. That's how it works.

---
    [K's Hive]
    She nods. Works for me!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Navaja's Hive
    "Whaaaaaaaaa? You're kidding me!"
    She takes out a book and throws it at the ground. It seems to be a book on the birthing process. For humans.
    "This book was useless then!"
    ---

Kayete's Hive
    "Let's do it tomorrow so we're less suspicious."
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    ... Aya, that book involves the genetic interaction of a male and female.
    Tell me, is either of us male?

---
    [K's Hive]
    And then BAM. We have a pair of lovebird maids forever.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

Navaja's Hive
    "Yeah, I am." :I
    Why would she ever think that?

---

Kayete's Hive
    "What? No! Not forever! Just for a couple days so they know for sure that we're the top dogs. Then we let them go."
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    Nav facepalms.
    Ugh...
    First, look down at your chest. There's things there.
    Second, when you use the waste disposal unit you have to sit down, don't you?

---
    [K's Hive]
    Awwwwww.
    'Kay.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Navaja's Hive
    "What? No, I stand up...doesn't everyone?"
    Wait...that means...she's both! :O

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Mhm..."
    He tries to snuggle up close to her.
    "By the way, did you ever finish your book?"
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Navaja's Hive
    "What? No, I stand up...doesn't everyone?"
    Wait...that means...she's both! :O

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Mhm..."
    He tries to snuggle up close to her.
    "By the way, did you ever finish your book?"
    [N's Hive]
    Navaja blinks and ushers her into the bathroom to pull the sterilized blue medical curtain and figure out just what the poopy is going on here.

---
    [K's Hive]
    She sighs happily and snugs.
    Not yet.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-02-20 at 01:04 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Navaja's Hive
    After Navaja finds out, Ayakan leaves the blue medical curtain.
    "Well...that was awkward."

---

Kayete's Hive
    "That...don't answer my question."
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    ... Huh.
    I knew you were an unusual girl, Aya, but this is... like...
    This is a thing.

---
    [K's Hive]
    'M not finished yet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Navaja's Hive
    "Wait...why's this a thing? Isn't it normal?"

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Is it any good so far?"
    He was really just making small talk.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    Navaja sighs and takes her through a montage of knowledge, pointing out helpful diagrams and medical photographs in books. She has to re-explain how trolls donate genes to a mother grub, who thus creates new trolls.
    So, in summary: no, this is not very common; no, I am not doubly equipped as you are; no, I don't think it's unpleasant, just odd; and no, we cannot procreate even though you're equipped as you are.
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    Eh, kinda. Kaktrollus sort of whines a lot.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Navaja's Hive
    "Oooooooooh..."
    "That makes sense."

She is a little disappointed that they can't just make a baby though.
    "Stupid mother grubs."

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Then why are you reading it? It doesn't sound enjoyable."
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    So, um, what now?
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    'S kinda funny how much the guy complains.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Navaja's Hive
    Ayakan shrugged.
    "I dunno."

---

Kayete's Hive
    "What does he even have to complain about?"
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    ... Maybe we could try those things you mentioned that one time...
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    Really dumb stuff. He's kind of a wuss.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Kayete's Hive
    "Ah, so you two have something in common then."
    He couldn't help but slip that in.

---

Navaja's Hive
    Ayakan blushed.
    "You mean...that?"
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[N's Hive]
    Nav nods and reaches for her hand.
    ---
    [K's Hive]
    She growls and bonks him with the book.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Navaja's Hive
    Ayakan doesn't reach for Navaja's hand.
    She instead runs away and jumps into her recupracoon.

---

Kayete's Hive
    "Hey! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"
    He covers his head with his hands as she beat him mercilessly.
    Busy with Life