Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 100
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Once dinner is over, and with still a few hours to go before sundown, Janiven locks the front door and shutters the windows, then takes a deep breath.

    “Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. I have chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!”
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Arioch blinks.

    "Do you have a plan on how to do this, Janiven? Ambitious goals with no idea of how to achieve them tend to fall flat."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    My thoughts exactly, Oreste thinks as he strokes his beard. "How much do you know about these beasts?"
    Last edited by JaaSwb; 2012-06-25 at 02:45 PM.
    The fish are watching.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Varren listens intently to Janiven's passionate tirade. He had spent most of his adult life outside Westcrown, but had to agree that things had become intolerable. It wasn't right for people to be prisoners in their own homes, and Varren made his mind up that if there was a nascent rebel movement forming, he wanted to be at front and center of it. From what he could tell, they had a real shot too - The city seemed to be neglected even by the whip-hand of greater Cheliax.

    One step at a time, though. After an awkward pause, he repeats his new compatriots' questions: "So, ah, what is the plan?"
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2012-06-26 at 07:46 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    The time between the group's questions and Janiven's answer seems like days to Oreste. In his mind, he reviews her speech word by word. Very eloquently, she had worded exactly what was wrong with Westcrown, yet Arioch talked sense. I hope there is a plan.
    The fish are watching.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Oreste seems to have a larg problem with time when moments appear like days.

    "Yes there are plans. As for the beast I belive they are set as guards to keep the people under controll by the house of Thrune. I can't tell you the plan. You need to wait for the last guest."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "Lousy guards if they're killing people just for being out at night. Who's this last guest we're waiting for?"

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Important for the Newcomer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Once dinner is over, and with still a few hours to go before sundown, Janiven locks the front door and shutters the windows, then takes a deep breath.

    “Again, thank you for agreeing to meet with me here. I have chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!”


    Lo'Sais

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your first days in Westcrown where really hard. Not only that you need to reach your home fast at dawn you have trouble dealing with the people. Every time you offered your help against the shadow beasts or ask for them people avoid you. And the less who answer you disapear the night after or got taken away by Hellknights. That leaves you alone most of the time. But one day a beautiful human woman takes a seat on your table. The bar is empty and even the barman has gone to the kitchen to prepare for lunch. Then the woman speaks up.

    "I know your looking for helping the people, but you may have noticed that you just made it worst. The temple and this city have nothing in common and you can't handle it alone. I can offer you a way to help this city. I can't tell you all, but if these words caught your intressed... come to Vizio’s Tavern this afternoon for an early dinner."


    Eyrian

    Spoiler
    Show
    It is another day wher ethe guards chase again for a thieve. Eyrian may stand in a back alley preparing for a spell to stop the guards before they get him. But right in the moment a hand grabed her from behind and turned her around. A young beatifull woman stands in front of her. She doesn't seem to belong too the guards in any case.

    "Listen girl. I know you think this city should be destroyed to let nature get back this place, but the voice in the Barrowood didn't tell you all. Only a bunch of the prople here are evil some of the guards here just try to keep peace. So you should stop your stupid actions and think for a moment. Your actions hurt innocient more than the people you want to hurt. have you ever found any hint of your family? I doubt you even ooked for them. I can give you a chance to reach them back, but for that you must follow and trust me. I leave you some time met me and other people willing to change things in Vizio’s Tavern this afternoon for an early dinner."
    With that the woman turns around and heads off. Te guards in this time have caught the thieve and an old innocent woman thanks them for that.


    Jannivien shakes her head at the tiefling.

    "They aren't lousy guards they fullfill the law. In fact they are very good if this is there task. People don't want to go outside in the night. That way the Hellknights only need to watch over the people at day time. And I amy repeat myself, but he will introduce himself when he arrives. I don't think you have to wait long now."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Saying a prayer over his meal, Lo'Sais listens to every one as they talk. We must have caught some one's attention, then, thought the Cleric of Sarenrae as he eats, mulling over what is being passed around. Three humans, a devilblood, and myself. Not a bad start, but not a good one either.

    Once he was done and drank his water, Lo'Sais leans back and puts his left hand up to his chin. "It seems tha we should listen some more. The Church of Sarenrae didn't much care for the fact that House Thrune is so willing to let the predations happen. At best it's just a nuisance. But worse case is that someone is practicing foul arts. Hence that's the reason why I am here. It is also to see if there are still believers in the Dawnflower here. After all, though the Prince of Darkness locked the Devourer away, it was the Dawnflower that drove him back."

    Looking at each person, Lo'Sais realized he hadn't introduced himself. "Sorry, forgotten my manners. My name is Lo'Sais from Absolam, traveling cleric of Sarenrae and follower of the Dawnflower. I volunteered to come to Cheliax to help with the believers in the Dawnflower as well as to ease the suffering caused by House Thrune. I have came to Westcrown when I have heard of the troubles of the night in search of answers and find out what can be done about these beasts."

    Finished, Lo'Sais leans back and waits for the others to speak.
    Last edited by Sarone; 2012-07-22 at 09:24 AM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mootoall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "It's hardly a question whether or not someone is casting spells of evil here. Westcrown is rife with devil worshipers of the worst kind, and most of them are in places of power. If it's this obvious that they're using their power to kill, kidnap and imprison innocent civilians, then it is not hard to draw the conclusion that they are the cause of the shades that plague the night here. Whether it is simply negligence or outright villainy that causes their appearance is irrelevant--something needs to be done about Westcrown's leaders."

    Here, Eyrian's voice raises, clearly impassioned, to the point where it could be caught by people at adjacent tables if they were listening for it. "My name is Eyrian, and those bastards took my family from me. If you want a free Westcrown, we must cut the head from the snake."

    She seems to catch herself, suddenly aware of the sensitive nature of this discussion. Her voice lowers to a more reasonable tone. "However, if you believe that hunting down the cause of these shadow creatures is yet another way of destabilizing the powers that be ... consider my support given. I've been looking to do something big-picture now, and it seems like you have some sort of plan. And perhaps," she says, looking around the table, "some outside support?"
    Avatar by zimmerwald1915

    Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Current characters: None, looking for a game.


    Homebrew!


    Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Arioch mulls over the newcomers.

    "Seems most of us are in agreement, so I'll stand with you Janiven. So what's our first step?"

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Smiling at two more supporters, Lo'Sais looks around as he reaches over to pick up his glass. "I believe it would better to take out the shades first. This way people will be less afraid of the night, and if we do it then they might be willing to stand for their own freedoms. It'll be a matter of their choice, in the end."

    Standing up, Lo'Sais raises his glass. "Before we go much further, I propose a toast, then." Waiting for the others to stand raise their glasses, Lo'Sais. "To treason, for in this our words alone will see us tortured, tried, hanged, then quartered." Smiling at this, Lo'Sais looked at each. "No one said it was going to be easy, but then the best things in life never are."

    Spoiler
    Show

    As he picks up his glass and stands, Lo'Sais will look to see if there's another way out incase Murphy decides to combe by and play.

    Perception test to see a way out (1d20+10)[19]
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "Heh. To treason. You can't shackle a man who was born wearin' 'em. They'll never break me."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "It's only treason if you get caught" smirks Varren as he lifts his refilled glass with the rest. "None of us would let a fool thing like that happen, would we boys and girls?"
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2012-07-22 at 10:49 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Oreste raises his glass to toast with the others. "Yes, let's definitely not get caught," he says, now smiling. It's a lot easier said than done, but that doesn't matter anymore. For the first time, he is part of something bigger than himself. Things are looking up.
    The fish are watching.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mootoall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Eyrian's glass is lifted as well. "Treason to Hell? Find me a person who isn't willing, and I'll have his head."
    Avatar by zimmerwald1915

    Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Current characters: None, looking for a game.


    Homebrew!


    Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Lo'Sais can't see an obviouse second exit. The kitchen can't be fully seen. So there may be an exit, but it's hard to tell.

    Janniven seems to be relieved at the sudden change of mind by the people, as a suddenexcited pounding at the front door disrupts the meeting. Immediately adopting a defensive posture, Janiven peers through a window at whoever’s knocking, then swiftly moves to the door, unlocks it, and opens it. In stumbles
    an out-of-breath and frightened-looking teenager.

    "Morosino what's going on?" Jannivien says a bit schocked.

    "They’ve got Arael!” The boy answers, then immediately doubles over in afit of coughing brought on by his long run.

    The expression in Janniven's face fade away for a grim face.

    "Tell what exactly happened." she asks after the boy had time to recover.

    “The dottari nabbed Arael, and the Hellknights of the Rack are trying to get custody of him! There’s a bunch of Hellknights on their way here now! I only just made it in here; they’ve already surrounded us!”

    At that point, the sound of clanking armor advancing on the tavern becomes apparent. Anyone who glances out the window sees a large group of heavily armed and armored Hellknights advancing down the street, yet Janiven remains calm. The hellknights start hammering against the door shouting for all inside to give up and come out peacefully.

    "I'm sorry, if you want to escape saftly follow me."

    She and the teenager head for the bar. They both open up a heavy trap door which obviously lead into the Westcrown sewers.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Swearing and cursing under his breath, Oreste hastily puts on his backpack and bow, rushing to the trap door. He isn't about to stick around and explain, not with the Hellknights present in such numbers. The Order of the Rack no less. We sure are up to our necks in it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed the Rack would have a sufficient reputation for Oreste to at least recognize the name. Here's a Knowledge (local) check to see what else he knows: (1d20+2)[18]
    The fish are watching.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mootoall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll venture for a Know (History) check for the Order of the Rack. (1d20+8)[11]


    Eyrian tenses up at the sound of clanking armor, but does not follow immediately. The thought of entering the sewers of Westcrown is only slightly more appealing to her than being caught, tortured and possibly killed by Hellknights. Not only are they wet, too closed-in and dark, they simply *smell*.

    However, the prospect of besting the city's corrupt power-mongers once more is simply too tempting an option. She stands and moves to the side of their mysterious benefactor and her new companion, waiting to cover their retreat if need be. "Well," she mumbles, "We are off to a good start." A small lizard, her familiar, pokes its head out of her dress, ready to assist in the casting of a spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to cast the Slumber hex on the first person to come through the door, in an attempt to block the doorway.
    Avatar by zimmerwald1915

    Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Current characters: None, looking for a game.


    Homebrew!


    Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Arioch leaps to his feet as the Hellknights bang on the door.

    "Hah! You think we're gonna give ourselves up, you're more deluded than I imagined! Why don't you deal with REAL criminals instead of jumpin' at shadows! You'll never break us!"

    He follows after the others after that parting shot, hoping it'll cow them somewhat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: (1d20+10)[22]

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Varren sees no need to taunt the hellknights outside, and has already tossed his polearm down the hatch before him. "They're gonna knock a lot bloody harder now, so let's get @#&$ing going", he curses. No way would he let that lot take him alive, Varren decided, if it looked like he'd be captured he'd fight until they were forced to kill him.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Grabbing his backpack, Lo'Sais follows the group down the trap door. "Now may not be a good time to antagonize the local authorites, Arioch," Lo'Sais says as he goes into the sewers.

    Once on the ground, Lo'Sais quckly unties the lamp on his backpack. "I got a lamp, any one have a light so we can see?"
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Oreste fumbles slightly filling his lamp with oil, spilling some on his sleeve, but manages to light it without accidents. A cone of light shines forth from the lantern, illuminating the passage ahead. He then lights the lamp Lo'Sais is holding up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oreste is carrying a lit bullseye lantern with one pint of oil. It will last six hours.
    Last edited by JaaSwb; 2012-07-29 at 02:18 PM.
    The fish are watching.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "Authorities? Them? Hah! The dottari are SUPPOSED to be the authorities here, if they didn't let these bullies stomp all over them."

    Arioch smirks a bit as they descend.

    "No need for a lamp. I can see just fine."
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2012-07-29 at 02:19 PM.

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    mootoall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    Eyrian makes a throwing motion, sending an array of Dancing Lights down the tunnel. "There, now we can all see. Hurry down!" She then resumes her readied position facing the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Dancing Lights down the trap door, then resuming my readied action.
    Avatar by zimmerwald1915

    Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Current characters: None, looking for a game.


    Homebrew!


    Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "Don't have to tell me twice" huffs Varren as he hurries down and retrieves his polearm. He nervously switches his gaze between the trap door and the gloom of the tunnel, and grips his polearm more tightly.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JaaSwb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, the Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "I hope you know your way around here, Janiven. I'd hate to come up right in front of the prison," Oreste says, smiling.
    The fish are watching.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    First things first:
    15+ knowledge rollers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hellknight Order of the Rack.

    For position If the dottari can be seen as the police the hellknights are much likly SWAT of FBI. So whatever they do they have the rights behind them(As long as it's not against the rich ones.

    The order of the rack is the oldest order of the Hellknights their greatest
    obsession is the prevention of rebellion. thinking of it there appereance here isn#t that suprising after all. More informations may come later I just have said the things you need to know now. Oh and since they are the oldest there members are armed.


    So for the people who head downstairs they enter something simular to a wine cellar, just with barrels of beer water and boxes of other stuff.

    "Come on NOW!" Janniven says to Eyrian. If she comes Jannavien will close the trapdoor and starts throwing the barrels in the way so whoever comes next may be slowed down.

    If Eyrian don't follows she will stay alone and the door will be shut. Janniven has nothing against her, but right now it's more important to escape and she won't risk her chances by some stubborn people.

    If she follows she will se that the young boy downstairs has opened a secret door. The boy mentions all to follow him and goes straith into the sewer. Individual tunnels are buttressed and rarely more than 5 feet high, forcing taller characters to stoop but not otherwise hindering most activity. Most tunnels are 10 feet wide, with a 3-foot-deep trench for sewage and
    water taking up half that width—even at peak flow the water level is an inch or more below the level of the walking side of the tunnel.

    Now what happens upstairs:
    As Arioch speaks up the first time the knocking stops for a moment. It's likly to assume they where afraid of him, but only for a moment as a voice speaks up. It sounds like a man in an armore speaks up.

    "Stop that! The people in there are our enemys. BRAKE THE DOOR!"

    "SIR YES SIR." comes from a dozen of voices. Then they start smashing the door. Eyrian might see that all if she stays upstairs.

    ((Tomorrow will come more think it's a good cut for the first part.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    (OOC: Spellcheck is your friend. )

    Looking up, Lo'Sais shakes his head as he waits for one of the more martial members heads down into the sewers. "I may not know a whole lot, but any one part of an organization called Hellknights are never good for us to cross. Especially now."

    Keeping his scimitar sheathed, Lo'Sais brings out his holy symbol in case they get into trouble.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Zefir] [IC] Council of Thieves Adventure Path [PF]

    "Whoever they are, this city can muster a lot more than six of them. So let's be on our way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •