New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]:Louv're Tower

Outside the Tower

Jellied flesh between the toes.

Well, Markus rushes straight at the door, and with the cracdck of broken glass and security locks, the door bursts open, revealing a room full of dead soldiers and burnt walls. A man sits in the middle of the room, he looks like a complete doofus, bald, clothed in yellow, and caped. He has a bunch of gold medallions around his neck, and it looks like he threw up on his cape a few times. He speaks out. I'm R-*Retch* Rick...Brutal...*Retch*. I don't feel so...*Retch* ...good....You with Clarrissa? *Retch* She killed *Retch* all these guys....I'm Rick Brutal....*Retch*...She went...up there...elevator....* Retch* Then the "hero" flops to the floor, unconscious or asleep.

Research Labs

Mr. Brant is gone, but a camera watches. It does not pick up his line, but the camera suddenly feels a rush of electricity as the systems are blasted with too much power. The Spirit Engine promptly attempts to automatically shut down, for the team had made sure if something like this happened, it would deactivate. However, the huge bursts of power caused a wave of electricity to blow quite a few circuits around the tower. ZETA is the machine that sends electricity all around the tower, so as you can imagine, it's sending far more energy than it's designed to send. '

BaseWide:

The lights suddenly burst very high, lighting up every inch of the tower, temporarily blinding some guards, suddenly machines are functioning much faster than normal, then, hundreds of lightbulbs shatter around the tower, for the weaker bulbs aren't meant to channel this sort of energy. So, the people might notice the explosions of glass, and the burst of light.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

The bullets pass through the shadow-beast harmlessly, leaving only ripples in the shadow sections, and being absorbed into its flesh, the wounds sealing behind them.

For a moment, all that can be seen of the next abomination is a pair of massive, scythe-like, limbs, curling around the edge of the great portal. Then a head, elongated and fanged, with eyes studding its surface, mounted on a long, serpentine, neck is pulled through, followed by a thick torso, and a smaller, comparatively more delicate, though still large, set of arms, each almost human, but with a folded spine on the backs, along with a pair of bladed wings, set on four shadowy, seemingly mechanical, legs.

The new creature will need some time to reorient itself, however, and thus doesn't do much just yet.

The first one, though, follows the hydratroll inside, Mayhala walking behind it, gracefully avoiding the gore, and attempts to wrap the tendrils on its left 'hand' around Rick, then lift him off the floor.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-01-11 at 07:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

[Elevator Shaft Hallway Thingy - Meh! Die He-retic!]

Meeeehhhh!

Annoying horrible purplish-reddish bolts of energy! Clarissa no likey! Clarissa no approve of it!

Clarissa voices her disapproval by attempting to telekinetically yank the walls of the hallway together, possibly crushing the cultists and their crazy likely demonic pact-based balls of pure disintegration energy!

If that doesn't work, Clarissa attempts to duck out of the way of the projectiles!

Clarissa doesn't want to be disintegrated today!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lobby

Grunting incoherently, Markus raises an arm to shield his eyes from the searing light and soldiers on, aiming a kick at Brutal on the way past towards the stairs. Useless little man.

By the time the light's faded down again, another of Excelsior's troops has teleported in to join the growing ranks of the invaders. Day sits atop a hovering steel crate, piloting it along after Markus by way of remote control.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Outside]

The bullets pass through the shadow-beast harmlessly, leaving only ripples in the shadow sections, and being absorbed into its flesh, the wounds sealing behind them.

For a moment, all that can be seen of the next abomination is a pair of massive, scythe-like, limbs, curling around the edge of the great portal. Then a head, elongated and fanged, with eyes studding its surface, mounted on a long, serpentine, neck is pulled through, followed by a thick torso, and a smaller, comparatively more delicate, though still large, set of arms, each almost human, but with a folded spine on the backs, along with a pair of bladed wings, set on four shadowy, seemingly mechanical, legs.

The new creature will need some time to reorient itself, however, and thus doesn't do much just yet.

The first one, though, follows the hydratroll inside, Mayhala walking behind it, gracefully avoiding the gore, and attempts to wrap the tendrils on its left 'hand' around Rick, then lift him off the floor.

Rick is effectively lifted.
    I...ah! D-Don't eat me! I'm stale! W-What do you want?!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Lobby

Grunting incoherently, Markus raises an arm to shield his eyes from the searing light and soldiers on, aiming a kick at Brutal on the way past towards the stairs. Useless little man.

By the time the light's faded down again, another of Excelsior's troops has teleported in to join the growing ranks of the invaders. Day sits atop a hovering steel crate, piloting it along after Markus by way of remote control.
    Brutal is kicked and lifted. Bad day for him. Ah....ow... Day and Markus move to the stairs, and through the halls, it all leads to an elevator shaft, where the sounds of Clarissa fighting some floors up can be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Elevator Shaft Hallway Thingy - Meh! Die He-retic!]

Meeeehhhh!

Annoying horrible purplish-reddish bolts of energy! Clarissa no likey! Clarissa no approve of it!

Clarissa voices her disapproval by attempting to telekinetically yank the walls of the hallway together, possibly crushing the cultists and their crazy likely demonic pact-based balls of pure disintegration energy!

If that doesn't work, Clarissa attempts to duck out of the way of the projectiles!

Clarissa doesn't want to be disintegrated today!

The walls do not move, that would collapse a good part of the floor on Clarissa anyway. The walls do not budge, but ducking happens! That'll work. She's safe, meanwhile the attackers fire more bolts of energy. Die, scum!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

[HALway!]

Duck! Duck! Goose!

Kid!Clarissa attempts to Force Push and Force Lightning Marcy's cultists because BZAP! Red lightning is the best lightning, by the way.

She's also attempting to jump over their projectiles like a Mario.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like I haven't heard that before. Can you guys think up any longer insults or punchlines like, I dunno, 'You're in for a shock!' or 'Can you do the wave?'?"

"Get it? Force wave?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Research Labs

Look, chaos! Sounds about right. If anything, ZETA did an admirable job of keeping vital systems undamaged. Unfortunately for Louv're Industries, AMEN's directive leaves no room for undamaged vital systems.

Cyrus winks back in, having only suspended his reality to dodge the initial burst of damage rather than actually teleporting away. With the lights out and the guards blinded, he wastes no time bringing a series of bolts of Blightning upon them, which will almost certainly incapacitate or kill them unless they're incredibly resilient to sorcery or just really good at dodging lightspeed projectiles while blind.

Assuming the guards in the immediate area are neutralized, the Sorcerer begins channeling red mana, attempting to simply shatter the exposed components of the Spirit Engine one by one.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-01-15 at 11:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"You seem to have gotten my reputation confused with that of my last partner," Mayhala says coolly, a thin strand of shadow extending from her hand, and going to wrap around his neck. "She was the one with the fondness for eating people, not me. I simply enjoy torturing them."

Meanwhile, she and the abominations are swiftly climbing after Day and Markus, as the maelstrom outside prepares to spit out fresh shadow-soldiers...

9. - Top - End - #99

Upwards and onwards then, Markus dropping to all fours to vault up the stairs towards the sounds of fighting, with Day hovering along after.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[HALway!]

Duck! Duck! Goose!

Kid!Clarissa attempts to Force Push and Force Lightning Marcy's cultists because BZAP! Red lightning is the best lightning, by the way.

She's also attempting to jump over their projectiles like a Mario.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like I haven't heard that before. Can you guys think up any longer insults or punchlines like, I dunno, 'You're in for a shock!' or 'Can you do the wave?'?"

"Get it? Force wave?"
    The cultists growl, well all except the one to the left, he's a little bit afraid. Then, red lightning goes Bzap! The poor cultists are effectivelyt zapped, each being electrocuted by red lightning. Ahg!My legs!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Research Labs

Look, chaos! Sounds about right. If anything, ZETA did an admirable job of keeping vital systems undamaged. Unfortunately for Louv're Industries, AMEN's directive leaves no room for undamaged vital systems.

Cyrus winks back in, having only suspended his reality to dodge the initial burst of damage rather than actually teleporting away. With the lights out and the guards blinded, he wastes no time bringing a series of bolts of Blightning upon them, which will almost certainly incapacitate or kill them unless they're incredibly resilient to sorcery or just really good at dodging lightspeed projectiles while blind.

Assuming the guards in the immediate area are neutralized, the Sorcerer begins channeling red mana, attempting to simply shatter the exposed components of the Spirit Engine one by one.

The poor pair of guards here seem to be the worst in the entire building, stationed here because everywhere else was actually likely to get invaded. These guys are pathetic, one morbidly obese, the other skinny as a rail. They were discussing what happened to the lights, then the lights flicker back on! Yay! Of course, then there's a Cyrus standing there. Who are you? Speaks the skinny one. Then, they both get zapped with blightning, and lie on the floor, the skinny one fried, the other incapacitated.

Oh boy...taking apart a machine built to rip holes through time and space using absurd amounts of energy. Well, Cyrus begins smashing, and electrcitiy jkeeps flowing into ZETA! At this point, ZETA has been loading all electricity to ALPHA and BETA Defense Systems. Now, it shuts off the power lines to The Spirit Engine. The Spirit Engine starts to crack, and Cyrus might feel the temperature drop rapidly. Then, all the doors (Elementium of course), into the Spirit Engine room, start to descend slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "You seem to have gotten my reputation confused with that of my last partner," Mayhala says coolly, a thin strand of shadow extending from her hand, and going to wrap around his neck. "She was the one with the fondness for eating people, not me. I simply enjoy torturing them."

Meanwhile, she and the abominations are swiftly climbing after Day and Markus, as the maelstrom outside prepares to spit out fresh shadow-soldiers...
    Rick Brutal "eeps" loudly. Are...Are y-you going to kill m-me?! Please no! I...I d-did nothing wrong! I'll h-help you! Please! I'm Ri- Oh noes, he's shut up effectively by shadow tendrils. Of DOOOOOM!

Upwards and onwards then, Markus dropping to all fours to vault up the stairs towards the sounds of fighting, with Day hovering along after.
    Yup, the stairs lead up, up, up! Eventually, they come to the end of the hall, opposite of Clarissa, so they'll see her there, zapping cultists.

Surgery Room-Enshadu's Creation

Mr. Brant walks in, and looks at the team of three doctors stationed around two tables, one having Marciano Louvre's clone's unconscious body, the other having the Enshadu body. The doctors have begun moving Marciano's organs into Enshadu, and plugging them into the cyborg's systems. They're about 3/4 of the way done. Mr. Brant moves over to the E-chip, in it's casing. When we're almost done, I want to be the one to install the E-chip. Alright team? So, when it comes time for that, I want to plug it in. Mr. Brant's worst mistake is soon to occur.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Research Labs]

Those poor guards! It's really too bad that Cyrus doesn't actually care very much about human life. The temperature dropping doesn't worry him much, either, since he has safeguards in place against even lethal amounts of cold.

The cracking Spirit Engine, on the other hand, is exactly what he wants. He already has the blueprints, so all that remains of his mission is breaking this place into tiny pieces before laughing at the ashes.

Unfortunately for Cyrus, he's not quite aware of the indestructible metal, yet. That might be a problem in the near future, but for now he continues ensuring that the Spirit Engine is nothing more than rubble.

12. - Top - End - #102

Hallway

As the next wave of spells is traded, Markus clears the last step and bounds onto the landing. Without missing a step or a beat he rises back up on his haunches and comes crashing through the door towards the cultists, hopefully while they're still stunned from being zapped.

Two arms built like tree trunks, each ending in a meaty hand with five dull, curved claws meant to cut more by brute trauma than any degree of sharpness, swinging viciously at anything within range. A set of jaws fit to make a crocodile weep with envy and still painted bloody by the last guards Markus ate. A prehensile tail that snaps around like a whip to knock the legs out from under unsuspecting fools or simply throw them into a wall.

Anyone unprotected and within reach might as well have been thrown into a combine thresher, for all their odds of coming out again intact. The added volley of wildly aimed ballistics from Day and his dual pistols is only the insult to the (terminal) injury.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hallway Of The Incredible Hulk Version 3.2, Deadpool Version 10.5, And Emperor Palpatine Female Edition Version 4.9001]

Yep! Those guards Kid!Clarissa was toying with are well and truly screwed. No point in hanging around these parts anymore! Day and his walking tank Markus have this situation under control.

"Impeccable timing on your part, as always. Stomp on their necks once for me! Oh, and be careful. They're crazy and I haven't tested them to find out whether or not they explode upon death or not."

I'd imagine they won't just fall over and stop breathing when they keel over, being super insane cultists that think Marcy is a god and whatnot.

Clarissa attempts to press onward! There's only one way to reach Marcy's room! Thus, up, up, and away! Sprint!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Research Labs]

Those poor guards! It's really too bad that Cyrus doesn't actually care very much about human life. The temperature dropping doesn't worry him much, either, since he has safeguards in place against even lethal amounts of cold.

The cracking Spirit Engine, on the other hand, is exactly what he wants. He already has the blueprints, so all that remains of his mission is breaking this place into tiny pieces before laughing at the ashes.

Unfortunately for Cyrus, he's not quite aware of the indestructible metal, yet. That might be a problem in the near future, but for now he continues ensuring that the Spirit Engine is nothing more than rubble.
    The Spirit Engine was built to supply enough power to rip holes through the universe. Breaking it will have severe consequences for everyone. But, eh. That's how AMEN rolls. The guards just lie there, dead. The camera's just stare at Cyrus, not bothering to call more guards in. The doors close, locking Cyrus in an impregnable room, with a shattering apocalyptic device. The device begins to crack and hiss, steam and smoke filling the room from it's exhaust tanks. It'll take a bit for the damage to sink in, but when it does it will destroy the entire laboratory room and start a crack in time and space. Whee. WEll, a voice is heard from hidden speakers. Your not too bright, are ya kid. Eh? Do ya wanna die? I can arrange that without blowing yourself up. M'names Marciano. Perhaps ye've heard of me? Snail?

Hallway

As the next wave of spells is traded, Markus clears the last step and bounds onto the landing. Without missing a step or a beat he rises back up on his haunches and comes crashing through the door towards the cultists, hopefully while they're still stunned from being zapped.

Two arms built like tree trunks, each ending in a meaty hand with five dull, curved claws meant to cut more by brute trauma than any degree of sharpness, swinging viciously at anything within range. A set of jaws fit to make a crocodile weep with envy and still painted bloody by the last guards Markus ate. A prehensile tail that snaps around like a whip to knock the legs out from under unsuspecting fools or simply throw them into a wall.

Anyone unprotected and within reach might as well have been thrown into a combine thresher, for all their odds of coming out again intact. The added volley of wildly aimed ballistics from Day and his dual pistols is only the insult to the (terminal) injury.
    [Hallway Of The Incredible Hulk Version 3.2, Deadpool Version 10.5, And Emperor Palpatine Female Edition Version 4.9001]

Yep! Those guards Kid!Clarissa was toying with are well and truly screwed. No point in hanging around these parts anymore! Day and his walking tank Markus have this situation under control.

"Impeccable timing on your part, as always. Stomp on their necks once for me! Oh, and be careful. They're crazy and I haven't tested them to find out whether or not they explode upon death or not."

I'd imagine they won't just fall over and stop breathing when they keel over, being super insane cultists that think Marcy is a god and whatnot.

Clarissa attempts to press onward! There's only one way to reach Marcy's room! Thus, up, up, and away! Sprint!
    The guards get mushed into paste and cut up into ribbons. They do not blow up or anything special. They're just cultists. They believe that The Spirit Engine opens a portal into the realm of their god, not that Marcy is the god. He's just a tool to get to what they want. The hallway turns into a longer hall. The hall has stairs that lead up to another long hall. At the end of this final chrome hall, two strange men stand guard against a massive wooden door, with purple runes carved in. These guards are both clothed in burgundy robes with golden stitching. They wear hoods, and their faces are tattooed. They're kinda creepy.

They each ready their spells, they're hands glowing purple. These are The Grandfather's personal guards, and are much stronger than anything they've faced so far. Things just get harder from there. They're skin seems to be made of sand, and they're eyes are black scarabs. You are the intrudersss, yess? They speak in unison before wiggling their sandy fingers.

The Formation of Enshadu

The surgery was almost complete. All that was left was for Mr. Brant to insert the E-Chip. He took it out of it's case, and felt the massive power of the AI attempt to take over his mind. He resisted, for he had helped design the thing and was pretty good at resisting it. He moved over to the tables where Marciano's Clone's corpse, and the complete Enshadu Physical System was lying. He opened a small area on his head, and began inserting the chip into it's spot.

AS he did so, however, there was a huge burst of light and electricity from the Spirit Engine shenanigans that weer going on at the higher floors. As Mr. Brandt plugged the chip in, the sheer massive amount of electricity going through the E-Chip as it connected, plus the even greater amount of electricity coming from The Spirit Engine, (Which was attached to Enshadu, in order to kick-start it up with some power.) Instead, the power was far too much for the systems to hold, and it began to melt the E-Chip into The Enshadu Physical System, granting the E-Chip even greater Artificial Intelligence from the overload of power. Then, it reached into Mr. Brant's mind and overwhelmed him instantly, taking his mind. Then, it willed the camera in the room to break and shatter, which it did.

Mr Brant cried out, Ah! No! Hel- Then, his lifeless body falls top the floor, electrified and mindless. The four surgeons in the room scream as the metal abomination easily breaks through the metal holding it down. Enshadu rises up and the doctors move to the door. E simply wills it locked. They all scream louder as Enshadu moves and his four hands turn into sawblades.....A few minutes later the screaming has stopped, and Enshadu opens the door into a hall where two guards are monitoring. To avoid being overly gory, I'm just going to skip the combat details. He begins to move over to an elevator. Excellent...All systems function. This is it.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-02-05 at 08:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

At the Big Door with Runes on It

"Nuh-ope! You're dead wrong buddies, so why don't I straighten you out?" Smoothly gliding around Clarissa on his makeshift hoverboard, Day lets his guns drop to the ground. "We ain't your enemies. We just wanna see that the soul engine works proper- If your friends downstairs had believed us, we wouldn't'a had to use such regrettable violence getting up here." Hands in the air, smile on his face, doing his best impression of a cute little kid, why, Day's the very picture of innocence.

The picture of innocence with the ginormous murder-lizard lurking just out of frame.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-02-05 at 09:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Research Lab

Holes in the universe? That's nothing. Cyrus is a walking planar anomaly. His very presence warps spacetime around him. Most members of AMEN aren't much better for the multiverse.

In any case, Cyrus is satisfied that the machine's reached the point of critical damage, but he tosses a few more balls of hellfire its way to be sure. Then Marciano decides to start talking. Cyrus, sardonic as ever, seems unable to resist a short session of trash talk.

"Oh yes, the great Marciano of which I've heard much. It's unsurprising that you would try to butt in. Or perhaps that's your face. I'm sorry, but it's rather hard to tell the difference given the quantity of **** you're spewing from one orifice or another. First off? Unless you're at least 400 years old and have the intellect to show it, you don't get to call me 'kid,' and you have neither, you quivering brain-dead infant.

You shouldn't worry much about my death, considering the circumstances. I have plenty of countermeasures against mere bodily destruction. You'll have to be more creative than a simple spatial rending if you think I should die, insomuch as your rather limited capability toward thought can exist. Not that it matters, of course, because you're a fool with precious minutes left upon your life. Or perhaps not that precious, I suppose, given that you've soiled them with your grubby fingers.

Finally, unless you decide to stop cowering behind your defenses and show me what you've really got, stop wasting my time. You aren't even worth the effort to squash like the insignificant insect you are."

With that, the Planeswalker turns his prodigious magical might against one of the walls, ignoring the door entirely. Unless the whole place is made out of Elementium, which seems completely implausible given how hard it's supposed to be to work it, he probably doesn't have too much difficulty leaving.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-02-05 at 10:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hallway]

A tool! Like drillbit!

Come to think of it... Wouldn't their god be just a little bit ticked off that they drilled a hole in his nice, new dimension-barrier-thing? Like "I'mma smite you" ticked off. I know I'd be. Then again, I might just smite people recreationally like a complete and utter jerk if I was a god. Absolute power corrupts absolutely or something like that.

Y'know, I think it'd be pretty funny hearing about the cultists invading and infesting their gods house like ants and stealing its food holy artifacts. The commentary could have been priceless, had they succeeded.
    *Yoinks idea for own scene!*

Oooo! Purple runes! Purple was the color of royalty way back when (and made out of mucus, but let's forget that for the moment, shall we)! Clarissa has a thing for the color purple...and the color red...and the color green...and the color...

Okay, apparently Clarissa likes all colors because they're radiant energy and create heat when absorbed. She's weird like that. Anyway, where were we?

Oh! Right! Day was just about to con a pair of suckers with his boyish charmisma! Hmm... Call Clarissa paranoid but she just doesn't think that will work out in their favor in the end. These cultist guys seem to have a insanely insane one-track mind. On that track is a train that likes running over anything smaller than it.

Clarissa might not know if Day's ruse will do the trick, but she does know one thing! Metals are good conductors of electricity! The walls are shiny like metal! Therefore, the walls are good conductors of electricity!

Kid!Clarissa will stand in her spot and give the cultists a big, innocent smile as Day practices his elocution skills and makes a diplomacy check. Of course, if that diplomacy check fails...

Bzaaap!

Clarissa will unleash her force lightning on the cultists if the don't stand down as per Day's request and walls and floors and basically everything that isn't Day (who she attempts to shield with a magic barrier) in her immediate vicinity. She'd put Emperor Palpatine to shame with her display! She's more lightning in one of her pinkie fingers than old geriatric codger had in his entire body!

Oh how Kid!Clarissa hopes the diplomacy check will fail!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Big Door with Runes on It

"Nuh-ope! You're dead wrong buddies, so why don't I straighten you out?" Smoothly gliding around Clarissa on his makeshift hoverboard, Day lets his guns drop to the ground. "We ain't your enemies. We just wanna see that the soul engine works proper- If your friends downstairs had believed us, we wouldn't'a had to use such regrettable violence getting up here." Hands in the air, smile on his face, doing his best impression of a cute little kid, why, Day's the very picture of innocence.

The picture of innocence with the ginormous murder-lizard lurking just out of frame.
    They both growl lowly. Their voices swirl and seem slurred, if the desert had a voice, it would sound like them. They hiss and speak in unison. No....You lie. You are to be dessstroyed. Security hasss informed usss...Your deathsss will be ssshort, and the massster shall make you one of usss.... The sandmen then explode, sand flying everywhere. Then, extremely quickly, the hall will be covered in dust, and horrible living sand will begin to attempt to enter the parties mouths, eyes, and ears. The room also begins to suddenly be filling with sand, it's in the air...on the ground, in Day's hair...everywhere.

Research Lab

Holes in the universe? That's nothing. Cyrus is a walking planar anomaly. His very presence warps spacetime around him. Most members of AMEN aren't much better for the multiverse.

In any case, Cyrus is satisfied that the machine's reached the point of critical damage, but he tosses a few more balls of hellfire its way to be sure. Then Marciano decides to start talking. Cyrus, sardonic as ever, seems unable to resist a short session of trash talk.

"Oh yes, the great Marciano of which I've heard much. It's unsurprising that you would try to butt in. Or perhaps that's your face. I'm sorry, but it's rather hard to tell the difference given the quantity of **** you're spewing from one orifice or another. First off? Unless you're at least 400 years old and have the intellect to show it, you don't get to call me 'kid,' and you have neither, you quivering brain-dead infant.

You shouldn't worry much about my death, considering the circumstances. I have plenty of countermeasures against mere bodily destruction. You'll have to be more creative than a simple spatial rending if you think I should die, insomuch as your rather limited capability toward thought can exist. Not that it matters, of course, because you're a fool with precious minutes left upon your life. Or perhaps not that precious, I suppose, given that you've soiled them with your grubby fingers.

Finally, unless you decide to stop cowering behind your defenses and show me what you've really got, stop wasting my time. You aren't even worth the effort to squash like the insignificant insect you are."

With that, the Planeswalker turns his prodigious magical might against one of the walls, ignoring the door entirely. Unless the whole place is made out of Elementium, which seems completely implausible given how hard it's supposed to be to work it, he probably doesn't have too much difficulty leaving.
    It speaks, his voice seems to fill the room. Yes, the great Marciano Louv're. Good, kiss my feet so I don't stomp you all like ants. Your AMENite friends are going through my tower very easily...but past The Grandfather, things are going to get difficult. I have so much security past there, it's incredible. Then....You'll have to get past the assembly room! I have plenty of nasty things waiting for them there...

No, the entire room is not elementium. I couldn't get my hands on enough of the chrome metal. But....I activated a force field when your ignorant friends burst into The Tower. No one escapes. See...I expect to do here, in fact, I'm hoping for it! All part of the grand plan you see...You blow up the labs...destroying my plans, you open a hole in space and time....then I trap everyone in here, and let them all die...go out in a bang, as it were. But I will never die....not really. I'll always be around. Marciano Louv're always survives...

So, old man. Nothing leaves The Tower. Not a thing...not even me. I die here. Along with all this stuff! Sad isn't it...This force-field is perfect. Multi-dimensional. Not even a god could break through it...I hope. So, Cyrus....be polite to your betters, old man. I am the new generation of villain. The new, improved villain. Move aside. So, why don't ya break the Spirit Engine finally, and let me watch as you're sucked away to some plane of torture...Or just sit there and think about what you've done. Consider yourself in "Time Out."
    He'll launch his magic and break right through the wall! But he will not be able to go more than five feet from the tower. Wonderful shot, old man! You've still got it in you!

[Hallway]

A tool! Like drillbit!

Come to think of it... Wouldn't their god be just a little bit ticked off that they drilled a hole in his nice, new dimension-barrier-thing? Like "I'mma smite you" ticked off. I know I'd be. Then again, I might just smite people recreationally like a complete and utter jerk if I was a god. Absolute power corrupts absolutely or something like that.

Y'know, I think it'd be pretty funny hearing about the cultists invading and infesting their gods house like ants and stealing its food holy artifacts. The commentary could have been priceless, had they succeeded.
    *Yoinks idea for own scene!*

Oooo! Purple runes! Purple was the color of royalty way back when (and made out of mucus, but let's forget that for the moment, shall we)! Clarissa has a thing for the color purple...and the color red...and the color green...and the color...

Okay, apparently Clarissa likes all colors because they're radiant energy and create heat when absorbed. She's weird like that. Anyway, where were we?

Oh! Right! Day was just about to con a pair of suckers with his boyish charmisma! Hmm... Call Clarissa paranoid but she just doesn't think that will work out in their favor in the end. These cultist guys seem to have a insanely insane one-track mind. On that track is a train that likes running over anything smaller than it.

Clarissa might not know if Day's ruse will do the trick, but she does know one thing! Metals are good conductors of electricity! The walls are shiny like metal! Therefore, the walls are good conductors of electricity!

Kid!Clarissa will stand in her spot and give the cultists a big, innocent smile as Day practices his elocution skills and makes a diplomacy check. Of course, if that diplomacy check fails...

Bzaaap!

Clarissa will unleash her force lightning on the cultists if the don't stand down as per Day's request and walls and floors and basically everything that isn't Day (who she attempts to shield with a magic barrier) in her immediate vicinity. She'd put Emperor Palpatine to shame with her display! She's more lightning in one of her pinkie fingers than old geriatric codger had in his entire body!

Oh how Kid!Clarissa hopes the diplomacy check will fail!
    (I don't expect them to succeed, but if they did there'd be one hell of an angry desert god raging. )

Well, the diplomacy certainly fails. Then electricity zaps everywhere! However, the sandmen simply explode and fly through the air towards Clarissa, Markus, and Day's faces. Waste of electricity.

Meanwhile, Enshadu begins to go down the elevator....whee....elevator music.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Outside Research Labs]

Oh no, Cyrus isn't leaving quite yet. His orders specifically included ensuring that a certain halfling was reduced to paste and his remains repurposed into sex toys or something equally humiliating. Okay, perhaps not specifically so, but something along those lines, at least. As such, he's blowing his way toward the CENTER of the tower.

"The new, improved villain? Oh, I pity the heroes who try to stand against you. They'll be lucky if they make it to the final confrontation without gouging their own eyes out to cope with the unbearable stupidity. Seriously, I'd just sit back and let you foil your own plans, but AMEN was very specific about knocking this place down once I had what I came for."

He walks calmly through the opening made by his own dark magic.

"Also, you pretend to know me. You used my name at one point, and you think you know all my tricks. And then you apparently are far too daft to figure out that sending a Planeswalker to another plane is a little bit like keeping a tank at bay with a speed bump. It's pathetic, really. Why do you even try? Everything you do actually manages to lower the already nebulous amount of respect people have for you, and continues to prove that you are inferior even to, say, Magtok. And he's pretty damned pathetic himself."

More fiery destruction is attempted, this time upward as Cyrus begins ascending towards the highest floors.

"And believe it or not, I respect Magtok a little bit. He has so little naturally, but by his own merit he's sitting nearly at the top of the food chain. You, on the other hand, were given everything you could ever want and still managed to accomplish nothing. You are an insignificant speck of dust upon the face of a changing world, and I am the wave of acid that reduces you and all of the trillions like you to nothing."

Waves of hellfire radiate from the annoyed Sorcerer, probably just outright incinerating anything that comes within a few meters of him.

"You may say that you're ready to die, but I'm prepared to do far worse to you, simply because you've inconvenienced me. I want to watch you squirm as I take your soul and eat small parts of it at a time, until there's nothing left but an empty husk. Then, when you are nothing, I'll build you back up again and accomplish more than you ever could with your own life, only to devour you again and again until it stops amusing me. Marciano, you are nothing more than the most worthless of quivering scum, and I am the roiling storm that ravages all."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mister Sandman -Or- Make Me A Sand-Witch]

Not necessarily a waste of electricity. If nothing else it conclusively proves to Clarissa that she isn't working with mundane sand which would create cool-looking glass when blasted with lightning.

If what desert had a voice? Just as Elementium is not the rarest element in the Nexus (seeing as a whole suit of armor could be plated in it, much less an arsenal of weapons and several copies of that suit of armor), the deserts of the world and the Nexus at large don't have one singular voice. For instance, the ex-desert of Imperial Valley, California would sound infinitely more welcoming and happy than the scorching, fiery, death-mongering, and infamous Gobi Desert!

Pfft! Sand?! Hah! Clarissa has seen superior sand attacks launched by level five Pidgeys!

It is soooo very ironic that these cultists transformed into a wild storm of sand after Clarissa just finished roasting everyone on the lowest floors of the building alive. If the smoke and the smell of burning flesh and hair hadn't followed Clarissa up the elevator and into this chamber, I'd be genuinely surprised and impressed by the superb ventilation this place has! And what's the end goal of this particular attack anyway? Is it meant to suffocate the party in sand by burying them in it or clog up their lungs or maybe even erode their flesh because the most it could do to Kid!Clarissa is dishevel her clothing and hair! ... Wait! It could mess up her hair? It could mess up her perfect hair?! At the thought of this, Clarissa's arrogant smile turns upside down into a bitter frown unleashed on the cultists as they scatter into sand and...

Don't you dare! Don't you do it! Don't you-

Muss her hair!!!

Goshdagnabit! *Fume!Fume!*

OOoooooo! Oh no they didn't! They didn't just! Argh! There's sand in her hair. Sand in her hair! *Eye twitch.* Sand in her hair!!!!!

Nobody messes up her hair!!! Nobody in the entire gorram universe! Not even Dave is allowed to mess up her hair! The penalty for that most heinous of crimes is death! A slow, tortuous death! A slow, tortuous death with pain that the mortal mind couldn't begin to fathom!

She'll kill them! She'll rip their arms off and beat them to death with them!

"..."

Maybe they got lucky and broke Kid!Clarissa?

"Die!"

Kid!Clarissa howls in a voice that might make the ground at the very foundation of the tower possibly quake in fear as massive mouthed fleshy tendrils attempt to shoot out of the ground in a circle of death around it, wasting no time in trying to tear out the insides of the lower floors of the tower and feast on the soldiers stationed within with bloodstained gnashing teeth and dozens of lash-like sticky tongues dripping with acids that could easily eat their way to the core of a planet in seconds flat! She stomps her feet and hops up and down in a fashion indicative of only the most petulant of tantrums!

"I hate you and you and you and you and you! I hate you!"

An inferno swirls around her, likely glassing the sand in the area immediately and possibly melting several of the metal walls of the improvised oven with ungodly temperatures which would send the heat output of the sun on a walk of shame! She does, thankfully, remember that Day his bro are present in her proximity and steers the heat energy around them if she can. As her focus switches over from destroying Marciano to destroying everything in the general vicinity, she punches walls with such force that if any more were administered it would not merely distort space and time but mortally wound them, breaking glass against walls (then breaking those shards again and again until they're a fine powder which she'll attempt to telepathically guide down the elevator shaft where she'll attempt to force feed them to a couple of guards along with their own limbs), scream about how much she hates people in general, and just generally throw a godly fit!

But she has good reason for it!

She takes good care of her hair. It's always as immaculate and perfect as she is. She washes it several times a day with magical shampoo and conditioner. Her hair is sacred to her. If you disrespect her hair, then you insult her in ways that words never could!

She could be at this for hours. It'd probably be best for Day and Markus to forge ahead without her before she brings the tower down on their heads in her blind rage to the beat of the energizing, untamed fury of death metal!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Research Labs]

Oh no, Cyrus isn't leaving quite yet. His orders specifically included ensuring that a certain halfling was reduced to paste and his remains repurposed into sex toys or something equally humiliating. Okay, perhaps not specifically so, but something along those lines, at least. As such, he's blowing his way toward the CENTER of the tower.

"The new, improved villain? Oh, I pity the heroes who try to stand against you. They'll be lucky if they make it to the final confrontation without gouging their own eyes out to cope with the unbearable stupidity. Seriously, I'd just sit back and let you foil your own plans, but AMEN was very specific about knocking this place down once I had what I came for."

He walks calmly through the opening made by his own dark magic.

"Also, you pretend to know me. You used my name at one point, and you think you know all my tricks. And then you apparently are far too daft to figure out that sending a Planeswalker to another plane is a little bit like keeping a tank at bay with a speed bump. It's pathetic, really. Why do you even try? Everything you do actually manages to lower the already nebulous amount of respect people have for you, and continues to prove that you are inferior even to, say, Magtok. And he's pretty damned pathetic himself."

More fiery destruction is attempted, this time upward as Cyrus begins ascending towards the highest floors.

"And believe it or not, I respect Magtok a little bit. He has so little naturally, but by his own merit he's sitting nearly at the top of the food chain. You, on the other hand, were given everything you could ever want and still managed to accomplish nothing. You are an insignificant speck of dust upon the face of a changing world, and I am the wave of acid that reduces you and all of the trillions like you to nothing."

Waves of hellfire radiate from the annoyed Sorcerer, probably just outright incinerating anything that comes within a few meters of him.

"You may say that you're ready to die, but I'm prepared to do far worse to you, simply because you've inconvenienced me. I want to watch you squirm as I take your soul and eat small parts of it at a time, until there's nothing left but an empty husk. Then, when you are nothing, I'll build you back up again and accomplish more than you ever could with your own life, only to devour you again and again until it stops amusing me. Marciano, you are nothing more than the most worthless of quivering scum, and I am the roiling storm that ravages all."
    MArciano just laughs and giggles at his response. Kay, Cy...ye really are a daft one, eh? I don't matter anymore. Enshadu escaped with some of my personality, soon my personality will envelope his own, and I"ll be back! Just stronger and better in every way. This body is nothing. OH, and....good luck trying to get to the upper floors. There's only one way up, and that's the elevator. You can't smash through the floors at the top, we have a thin layer of elementium and a very thick layer of iron protecting it from cheaters like you. Sooooo, I'd say you're going on a trip up elevator 13. Oh and, the elevator is outside the tower, while still connected. You'll e going up the side of the tower, in full range of anything I decide to throw at ya. So, go back now...or brave the elevator, you also have friends blowing up the lower floors....maybe you want some part in that? And...um, no. I am better than Magtok, or you. I have everything. I don't know how they're going through the lower floors like paper...

[Mister Sandman -Or- Make Me A Sand-Witch]

Not necessarily a waste of electricity. If nothing else it conclusively proves to Clarissa that she isn't working with mundane sand which would create cool-looking glass when blasted with lightning.

If what desert had a voice? Just as Elementium is not the rarest element in the Nexus (seeing as a whole suit of armor could be plated in it, much less an arsenal of weapons and several copies of that suit of armor), the deserts of the world and the Nexus at large don't have one singular voice. For instance, the ex-desert of Imperial Valley, California would sound infinitely more welcoming and happy than the scorching, fiery, death-mongering, and infamous Gobi Desert!

Pfft! Sand?! Hah! Clarissa has seen superior sand attacks launched by level five Pidgeys!

It is soooo very ironic that these cultists transformed into a wild storm of sand after Clarissa just finished roasting everyone on the lowest floors of the building alive. If the smoke and the smell of burning flesh and hair hadn't followed Clarissa up the elevator and into this chamber, I'd be genuinely surprised and impressed by the superb ventilation this place has! And what's the end goal of this particular attack anyway? Is it meant to suffocate the party in sand by burying them in it or clog up their lungs or maybe even erode their flesh because the most it could do to Kid!Clarissa is dishevel her clothing and hair! ... Wait! It could mess up her hair? It could mess up her perfect hair?! At the thought of this, Clarissa's arrogant smile turns upside down into a bitter frown unleashed on the cultists as they scatter into sand and...

Don't you dare! Don't you do it! Don't you-

Muss her hair!!!

Goshdagnabit! *Fume!Fume!*

OOoooooo! Oh no they didn't! They didn't just! Argh! There's sand in her hair. Sand in her hair! *Eye twitch.* Sand in her hair!!!!!

Nobody messes up her hair!!! Nobody in the entire gorram universe! Not even Dave is allowed to mess up her hair! The penalty for that most heinous of crimes is death! A slow, tortuous death! A slow, tortuous death with pain that the mortal mind couldn't begin to fathom!

She'll kill them! She'll rip their arms off and beat them to death with them!

"..."

Maybe they got lucky and broke Kid!Clarissa?

"Die!"

Kid!Clarissa howls in a voice that might make the ground at the very foundation of the tower possibly quake in fear as massive mouthed fleshy tendrils attempt to shoot out of the ground in a circle of death around it, wasting no time in trying to tear out the insides of the lower floors of the tower and feast on the soldiers stationed within with bloodstained gnashing teeth and dozens of lash-like sticky tongues dripping with acids that could easily eat their way to the core of a planet in seconds flat! She stomps her feet and hops up and down in a fashion indicative of only the most petulant of tantrums!

"I hate you and you and you and you and you! I hate you!"

An inferno swirls around her, likely glassing the sand in the area immediately and possibly melting several of the metal walls of the improvised oven with ungodly temperatures which would send the heat output of the sun on a walk of shame! She does, thankfully, remember that Day his bro are present in her proximity and steers the heat energy around them if she can. As her focus switches over from destroying Marciano to destroying everything in the general vicinity, she punches walls with such force that if any more were administered it would not merely distort space and time but mortally wound them, breaking glass against walls (then breaking those shards again and again until they're a fine powder which she'll attempt to telepathically guide down the elevator shaft where she'll attempt to force feed them to a couple of guards along with their own limbs), scream about how much she hates people in general, and just generally throw a godly fit!

But she has good reason for it!

She takes good care of her hair. It's always as immaculate and perfect as she is. She washes it several times a day with magical shampoo and conditioner. Her hair is sacred to her. If you disrespect her hair, then you insult her in ways that words never could!

She could be at this for hours. It'd probably be best for Day and Markus to forge ahead without her before she brings the tower down on their heads in her blind rage to the beat of the energizing, untamed fury of death metal!
    ...Ow? The sand was meant to fill up the lungs and suffocate the opponent, that didn't work obviously. So, Clarrissa goes supernova. Okay....the sand is all instantly glassed, and falls to the floor. The walls begin to melt and get blasted apart, revealing rooms full of soldiers. They instantly melt as well as does their armor, and the soldiers that survived quickly try to fire at the black tentacle thing, but to no avail. It gets 'em and does whatever it does. However, her rage does not blow up the Arcane Library walls. How odd! Sure enough, the fire hasn't even touched those walls, despite the fact that the rest of this hallway is slowly melting. In fact, the floor Clarissa is standing on is about to melt and give away....watch out.

More soldiers scream from lower in the tower. Ahhh, tentacle thing. It's the end of the world!

Meanwhile, Day and Markus should probably proceed...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Going up, up, up...]

Cyrus doesn't even flinch.

"Saying that you don't matter anymore is a false statement, as it implies that you have ever mattered. Similarly, a brain-dead infantile monkey would be stronger and better than you in every way, so your comments inspire little fear.

And have you perhaps considered that the reason your defenses are utter **** is because you're an utter moron who can't set up defenses correctly? Just a thought. Besides, they're just pawns, there to make a mess and keep the main attention down there while I work my magic. It was easy to arrange, really. You paid us to work on the Spirit Engine, and let us move people behind your outer defenses. Meanwhile, we hired a few mercenaries to make a mess of things and force your hand... ...with the money you paid us. In the end, you gave AMEN free money and put me in a perfect position to scrub one more annoyance off of my boot.

After all, that's all you are: A mere annoyance. You are not some threat to whom I'd give a degree of honor, or even a respectable death. No, you're a lowly worm, fit to be crushed under the heel of a man who is superior to you in every aspect."

He decides not to comment on the fact that while the elevator might be in full view of whatever happens, Marciano conveniently put a basically impassable shield around the building that would make actually harming him from the outside rather difficult if it even halfway lives up to its name.

Meanwhile, Cyrus makes his way toward the highest floors. If Marcy's being truthful and the elevators really are the only way up, he'll take them. He could always just break the elevator and fly up if the halfling tries to pull something.

Also, he's lying about hiring mercenaries with the money he paid, but there's no way Marciano could know that, and he enjoys painting the halfling in as poor a light as possible.

23. - Top - End - #113

Up, Up and Away

Meanwhile, Day and Markus probably shouldn't be skipped over. A poke would have been appreciated...

Anyhoo, they're making a run for it. Scary eldritch hellfire isn't on either of their agendas for today, so they'll be making a quick detour under the melted floor and then back up again a few feet further on, completely bypassing the unbreakable door to sneak a peek at whatever's hidden in the room beyond.

'cause everyone knows all the really good stuff's hidden behind the stupid doors that only open once you hunt down the darned key twenty levels up.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

[We're Going Down Swinging!]

Ow?

Clarissa didn't have any lungs to fill with granules of sediment in the first place, but in her child form, Kid!Clarissa is prone to a magnificently magical imagination, immature feelings, and an unrivaled love of candy...and flesh. If any sugary candy or sweet ice cream is stored on the lower floors of the building, the tentacles will ignore the soldiers in the area completely to omnomnom it, which will likely come to pass unless the soldiers fire explosives, lasers, or etcetera (not mundane bullets) at them in which case they'll attempt to swat the soldiers away and resume the candy theft unless the soldiers hit them with AoE attacks or do something more organized or specific than shoot them randomly in places.

Kid!Clarissa, meanwhile, continues to jump up and down in place in sheer, untamed rage! She doesn't have the longest attention span in the world by any stretch of the imagination, so she'll probably soon forget what she was so angry about. As for now, she's probably scheduled to crash through the floor! Whee!

Also, if Clarissa gets a hold of a recording of Cyrus claiming that she's getting paid for smashing things, she's gonna insist on getting paid one way or another because money is the primary fuel for fun!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Going up, up, up...]

Cyrus doesn't even flinch.

"Saying that you don't matter anymore is a false statement, as it implies that you have ever mattered. Similarly, a brain-dead infantile monkey would be stronger and better than you in every way, so your comments inspire little fear.

And have you perhaps considered that the reason your defenses are utter **** is because you're an utter moron who can't set up defenses correctly? Just a thought. Besides, they're just pawns, there to make a mess and keep the main attention down there while I work my magic. It was easy to arrange, really. You paid us to work on the Spirit Engine, and let us move people behind your outer defenses. Meanwhile, we hired a few mercenaries to make a mess of things and force your hand... ...with the money you paid us. In the end, you gave AMEN free money and put me in a perfect position to scrub one more annoyance off of my boot.

After all, that's all you are: A mere annoyance. You are not some threat to whom I'd give a degree of honor, or even a respectable death. No, you're a lowly worm, fit to be crushed under the heel of a man who is superior to you in every aspect."

He decides not to comment on the fact that while the elevator might be in full view of whatever happens, Marciano conveniently put a basically impassable shield around the building that would make actually harming him from the outside rather difficult if it even halfway lives up to its name.

Meanwhile, Cyrus makes his way toward the highest floors. If Marcy's being truthful and the elevators really are the only way up, he'll take them. He could always just break the elevator and fly up if the halfling tries to pull something.

Also, he's lying about hiring mercenaries with the money he paid, but there's no way Marciano could know that, and he enjoys painting the halfling in as poor a light as possible.
    The elevator is the only way up, and it's located on the outside of the building. It's very nice, and made completely of a kind of glass, meant to give the occupants the idea that they were going up on nothing but air. It's attached to the side of the tower, and leads all the way up to the tip top. Cyrus walks into the elevator, and can look down and see how high the tower is. There are many buttons against the left wall, all showing floor numbers. There's also an intercom, to which Marciano speaks into. [/COLOR]Hah! You are superior to me, this is a known fact, darling. And I did matter, Cyrus. I paved the path to a great future. You really think I would go through all of this trouble, for nothing? The Spirit Engine? I've burnt the files completely, and destroyed everything. Only my successor will ever be able to create it, and when it does he will rewrite life as you know it. I may be long dead...But my influence will last forever. I've made my mark. And, I think....there might be a chance I survive this. Defense Mechanisms ZETA will defend me. My successor has the schematics for them as well. Every device that was ever to be built, stored with him. The rest destroyed. You will not profit from this, not if I can help it. I'll destroy the whole tower if I must.

Up, Up and Away

Meanwhile, Day and Markus probably shouldn't be skipped over. A poke would have been appreciated...

Anyhoo, they're making a run for it. Scary eldritch hellfire isn't on either of their agendas for today, so they'll be making a quick detour under the melted floor and then back up again a few feet further on, completely bypassing the unbreakable door to sneak a peek at whatever's hidden in the room beyond.

'cause everyone knows all the really good stuff's hidden behind the stupid doors that only open once you hunt down the darned key twenty levels up.
    Mhm, the room is The Arcane Library's main hallway. At the end of it is a simple, unlocked wooden door leading into a large room. The hallway is full of shelves stacked up with old books. The ground is covered in them as well, the explosions knocked the books down. There's also three very large crates in the room, all of them filled with magical potions and supplies. Staves, wands, rods, potions of any kind really. Stored in the box. (5 Cure Critical Wounds Potions, 10 Wands of Magic Missile [45 Charges], 5 Potions of Invisibility, 5 Potions of Bull's Strength, 3 Scrolls of Combustion, and a very short staff with a crystal pyramid on the top. Obviously the magical artifacts were stored in here. The way up is through the wooden door.

[We're Going Down Swinging!]

Ow?

Clarissa didn't have any lungs to fill with granules of sediment in the first place, but in her child form, Kid!Clarissa is prone to a magnificently magical imagination, immature feelings, and an unrivaled love of candy...and flesh. If any sugary candy or sweet ice cream is stored on the lower floors of the building, the tentacles will ignore the soldiers in the area completely to omnomnom it, which will likely come to pass unless the soldiers fire explosives, lasers, or etcetera (not mundane bullets) at them in which case they'll attempt to swat the soldiers away and resume the candy theft unless the soldiers hit them with AoE attacks or do something more organized or specific than shoot them randomly in places.

Kid!Clarissa, meanwhile, continues to jump up and down in place in sheer, untamed rage! She doesn't have the longest attention span in the world by any stretch of the imagination, so she'll probably soon forget what she was so angry about. As for now, she's probably scheduled to crash through the floor! Whee!

Also, if Clarissa gets a hold of a recording of Cyrus claiming that she's getting paid for smashing things, she's gonna insist on getting paid one way or another because money is the primary fuel for fun!
    Yeah, tentacles blast soldiers around like a bully pushing small children. There are no foodses.

26. - Top - End - #116

Arcane Library

No time to sort all this stuff, much less identify what does what. Daedalus glances at the titles of a few books before tossing them into the floating supply crate, Markus shoveling in the various magical trinkets and brick-a-brack by the plus-sized armful. And once the room's looted of everything clearly valuable Day can spot between his x-ray and his thermal and all his others fancy modes of vision, they head up the stairs to find another room to sack.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Elevator 13]

Cyrus steps into the elevator without any real apprehension, smirking softly as Marciano keeps talking. He presses the button to head to the top floors, making liberal use of blue magic to bypass any potential password, keycard, or identity requirement.

"Once again, you tragically underestimate what's been done. I may have already destroyed your labs, but one of your researchers already showed me the blueprints, and I've calculated the alterations required to make them functional. I'll profit plenty off of this, unless by some miracle you manage to kill me. We've been pushed towards this inexorable confrontation, halfling. Don't disappoint me even more than you already have."

He's no longer casting any offensive spells, but he's strengthening his personal shield on the off chance that there's something planned. He recognizes that the elevator being "In full view of whatever Marciano throws at him" is a total bluff because of the Multidimensional shield that even Planewalking can't penetrate, but it's possible that there's a bomb hidden on the elevator or something.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-03-13 at 09:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

[Going Down]

No foodses!

But no foodses makes Kid!Clarissa confused! If the sixty floors' worth of soldiers don't eat food, then how do they survive? She couldn't imagine a day's time elapsing where she didn't eat food!

Anyway, Kid!Clarissa will keep destroying random things with her super powers until she falls through the floor, so Clarissa can be skipped for awhile up until that happens and awhile after that happens.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Library

No time to sort all this stuff, much less identify what does what. Daedalus glances at the titles of a few books before tossing them into the floating supply crate, Markus shoveling in the various magical trinkets and brick-a-brack by the plus-sized armful. And once the room's looted of everything clearly valuable Day can spot between his x-ray and his thermal and all his others fancy modes of vision, they head up the stairs to find another room to sack.
    Well, all of the magical stuff is piled up. The wands, staves, scrolls, spellbooks, and other items are all placed in the floating supply crates. The room is looted of all valuable items and now looks rather barren. Oddly enough, they are no people here. The stairs lead up to the second half of the Arcane Library. The stairs open up to a long hallway, leading into a circular room. The hallway is full of bookshelves, and books lie scattered on the floor. Said floor is also covered in sand, which shifts and moves oddly about. Almost as if it's alive. At the end of the hall are two figures. One of them is at least ten feet tall, and composed completely or rock, clay, and sand. It has glass sphere's for eyes, a massive square rock carved into the shape of a spiked hammer is at the end of it's right arm, while a hand shaped rock is on the other. It looks at the two who entered slowly. The man next to him is much smaller. He wears burgundy robes with a dark red cloak and hood. His cuffs are all a sandy gold color, and his eyes seem to be made of sand. He has a large beard that reaches his chest, shaped into an Egyptian style beard. His right arm is behind his back, while his left is right in front of him. He softly rocks his head back and forth. He then notices Markus and Day. The door will close behind them. Greetingsss, humansss....you mussst be the sssservantsss of Cyrusss. You are to die...brace yoursssselvesss...I am The Grandfather.

[Elevator 13]

Cyrus steps into the elevator without any real apprehension, smirking softly as Marciano keeps talking. He presses the button to head to the top floors, making liberal use of blue magic to bypass any potential password, keycard, or identity requirement.

"Once again, you tragically underestimate what's been done. I may have already destroyed your labs, but one of your researchers already showed me the blueprints, and I've calculated the alterations required to make them functional. I'll profit plenty off of this, unless by some miracle you manage to kill me. We've been pushed towards this inexorable confrontation, halfling. Don't disappoint me even more than you already have."

He's no longer casting any offensive spells, but he's strengthening his personal shield on the off chance that there's something planned. He recognizes that the elevator being "In full view of whatever Marciano throws at him" is a total bluff because of the Multidimensional shield that even Planewalking can't penetrate, but it's possible that there's a bomb hidden on the elevator or something.
    In his seat, Marciano giggles horridly. The elevator's password is easily learned and used. The password is, incidentally the word "Pyrite". The elevator begins to soar up the tower, and Cyrus will get to see a beautiful view over Inside. The elevator goes up slowly for about a minute, during which the intercom is silent. Then, there's a horrible screeching sound and the elevator grinds against the wall, at a full stop. Then, Cyrus can see the shields around Louv're Tower become visible and weaker. Then, he'll notice a shield around the elevator! Marciano has taken 70% of the main shields power and sent it here, to trap Cyrus. He's also activated the physical shield template, as well ass anti-teleportation.Dumbass. I don't like you...you annoy me. And you smell funny, now...I've greatly weakened my Tower Shields, but now you're stuck, and I doubt you'll be getting out anytime soon. See, my shields are powered by The Grandfather's magic. The only way to dispel them is for The Grandfather to die, and that's not happening anytime soon. He'll squish your friends like bugs...Cyrus, if you say I'm an insect, then you must be even smaller, for I have fooled you all. Now, sit here and stew a bit.

[Going Down]

No foodses!

But no foodses makes Kid!Clarissa confused! If the sixty floors' worth of soldiers don't eat food, then how do they survive? She couldn't imagine a day's time elapsing where she didn't eat food!

Anyway, Kid!Clarissa will keep destroying random things with her super powers until she falls through the floor, so Clarissa can be skipped for awhile up until that happens and awhile after that happens.
    Well, the soldiers are pretty much slaves to ZETA, the main computer. They are part of their suits of armor. They are fed through injections every morning and evening by tubes that connect into them through the jacket. The suit and the soldier coexist, without one another they are broken. But that means they don't need many human requirements. And, the floor collapses, the room below happens to be bunkers for soldiers.

30. - Top - End - #120

Arcane Thread

Oh. Big frikkin' golem and a magical dude too. And here Day was, hoping to finish off this looting spree without any more interruptions.

Snagging the edge of a bookshelf to improvise a brake, Day brings his hovering ride to a halt just inside the room, Markus joining him a second later at the edge of the crawling sand. "So, uh.. Do we really gotta do this?" An eyebrow is quirked.

"cause this place's goin' down an that's not gonna be healthy for anyone. Marcy's dead an his engine's gonna go up in smoke any minute now with th' rest of this tower an I'm not too clear on why ya crazy cultist types are even following him? Really, what'cha got t' gain here by fightin' me? An let's not forget my bro here." Day gives his big brother a pat on the shoulder, as if the eight foot murderlizard needed any more attention drawn his way.

"C'mon, just cut an run already."