Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

Spoiler
    Show
    glitched

He leads you to a large, slightly dirty kitchen. Hundreds of dishes are stored in cabinets and drawers all over the place, and about a third again that number are piled up dirty in a half-dozen sinks. Four cooking stations sport an over, a fire pit, and two odd metal contraptions between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ishmael nods as he looks around. He checks once more the doors and walls and then motions to his 'guide' that they can move on.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"Did you want to see the private kitchen as well?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #154

"Yes please!" indicates the happy merchant man and nods.

Spoiler
    Show

Generally if nothing happens, I just go along and see the whole place... no need to go room by room... unless if he skips taking me to the basements...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

You go through all the rooms on each floor, and they are indeed all neat and proper rooms you'd expect in a girls' orphanage. The staff sleeps and eats slightly better than the girls, but only by a thin margin. Though there are little to no luxuries, it seems the girls get everything they need.

However, on your tour, he walks right by where you know the basement is and there isn't even a gap in the wall.

6. - Top - End - #156

Ishmael follows not making any comment about it but as they are done with the majority of the tour he asks.

"How about basements? Where do you store food for the winter and autumn? Is it a seperate building you own or...?" he lets the question hang with a slight worry in his voice to indicate that the prospect of having to buy 2 buildings is not something he had accounted for.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"We have a cellar located in the back. Do you wish to see it? We're currently poorly stocked. The recent unrest means that most of our usual contributions are instead going to hire assassins and bodyguards to protect against assassination."

8. - Top - End - #158

"How horrible!" Exclaims Ishmael.

"We too have had some instability but I guess money talks and an alive merchant with a heavy pouch is everyones favorite person!" he jokes and indicates that checking the cellar would be good.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

You are taken out back behind the building to a locked cellar door nearby. After pulling out a key and unlocking it, he opens the door and leads you into an old cellar. Just as he described, it's about half-full with dry goods saved up for the orphanage.

"You generous donation, of course, will greatly fill our stocks. We'll probably be full for a while after they get back from the shopping trip. I believe now you've seen the whole place, from celllar to attic. Unless you wish to inspect the rafters?"

10. - Top - End - #160

Ishmael laughs and shakes his head.

"No I believe I have seen everything I needed my good man! I commend you on your work by the way... it is hard in these day and age to advance the cause of Goodness... especially with upstarts like those silly Sisters of Salvation polluting peoples minds with godless ideas..." he says and grins.

"Pray tell me once again though... what would be required to obtain use of this building? Would I need to move through the ecclesiastical circuits or...?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"If you wish to OWN the building, yes. Relocating the orphanage would similarly require permission from the temple. But if you can tell me exactly what you want the building for, I likely can come up with an arrangement that could work to everyone's advantage, especially the girls'."

12. - Top - End - #162

"Well now that I have a taste of the building itself and have seen its spaces and also that it is possible I need to actually return to my employers and relay the information... since arrangements can be made I will be in contact again soon.

For now though I cannot say any more I am afraid. Still the small donation we made earlier should show you we mean business..." explains Ishmael with a cryptic smile.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. Good day sir."

14. - Top - End - #164

Ishmael departs, walks away for a little while and tries to get lost in the city crowd. He eventually darts in a side street and goes invisible. He then uses the hat and another set of clothes and turns into one of the older orphan girls.

He then heads back towards the building, hides and stays invisible and waits until the women actually come back.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Two hours later, the gaggle of girls return, each carrying a package or two. A wagon full of foodstuffs follows behind.

16. - Top - End - #166

Ishmael approaches and takes his place among the girls but does not go visible yet and he tries to stay hidden using his un-natural abilities. He wants to first see if the girls are checked one by one before moving ahead.

He also realises that he can simply sneak inside when the girls enter without even having to impersonate one. Still he keeps the disguise just in case but he also pays attention in case the man who cast the detect magic spell is still around and doing the same thing.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Other than a simple head count, they don't seem to check each girl, although it seems that everyone knows everyone else moderately well.

You go unnoticed, of course.

18. - Top - End - #168

Deciding that right now there is no point in revealing himself Ishmael tries to sneak in along with the last stragglers of the group. He remains close to them as he dares and invisible, using their bodies as cover and their shadows to 'feed' his stealthyness.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

You make it inside without incident. The girls each disperse to their dormitories to try on their new clothes with the staff resumes their duties. The cook has commandeered three other workers to help him sort out the food.

20. - Top - End - #170

Ishmael now has the advantage of pretty much having seen the majority of this place. He knows where to go to get to his targets and were to hide in case something happens.

He prowls this place and tries to locate either the man he talked to or the men that helped him transport the goods. Though he knows where he needs to go, perhaps more info can be gleaned by observing them.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

You are able to locate the director, all right. He's in his office filling out paperwork of some kind.

22. - Top - End - #172

Ishmael watches him like a myopic, hard of hearing hawk. He keeps a certain distance, just in case, but for now he just watches his man until he does something else. Should he go for any rounds around the place he just follows quietly and observes.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

The man spends all day filling out paperwork.

At sundown, he gets up and prepares to leave, saying a few perfunctory courtesies to staff and residents on his way out.

24. - Top - End - #174

Ishmael enters the mans office and taking great care not to disturb anything goes over the paperwork. He reads through what he was writting and what he has written in the past but is very careful to remember where everything was and how it was so he can return them to their positions.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

This is overall a mass of recepts, bank statements, and applications for the local temple's funding. Search check to look for somehting that is interesting.

26. - Top - End - #176

He continues looking for something of interest.

Spoiler
    Show

search : (1d20+9)[18]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

You spend a minute shifting through papers and don't find anything.

28. - Top - End - #178

Ishmael is slightly peeved by his failure and as such dedicates some time to finding anything interesting here.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20 for 29 total.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

You find a letter between the administrator and a "Father Bright" which discusses the "tributes" being "shipped". The date and time given are tomorrow at midnight, at a warehouse in South Market.

30. - Top - End - #180

So many options and ideas...

Steal the tribute to make this place close down faster...

Go to the meeting place and see whats going on. Especially when he knows that Father Bright wont be there since he knows that creature is confined in the church.

Hide in one of the boxes of tribute and well... do the same as above but in a more flamboyant way.

Ishmael shakes his head... possibilities yes... but also danger. In the end his mission was not to destroy the orphanage or stop the Pelorite operations but rather to ensure that he got his hands on the living, breathing Gabriel Parahelios.

Spoiler
    Show

Thats the guy the Duchess asked for... I got info on him here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1089

As such he continues searching a bit to find anything related to this man. More importantly not just evidence of wrong doing but even correspondence that may hold his address or habits or anything of this short.