New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Ishmael Mk III

Old thread.

If you're not Monodominant or me, I guess you can read this now, but don't you dare post here. Respect the character thread. Or else Mr. Kitty will eat your soul.

"I only ask because we have been getting omens that the creature is becoming more powerful. It concerns me that this is happening. Also, frankly, exactly for the reasons you just outlined, I do not feel that we can trust you right now. It is not personal, but you really do need to get rid of that thing before it consumes you."

"Aye, that particular blight is not something we tolerate, but things are complicated. I recommend you do not return there. Just leave that one alone. There are things going on in that temple that are best left alone. You are not equipped to handle them."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

Spoiler
    Show

Touroutou tourou! New thread! All shiny and clean and it says -1- at the page number... wow... Ishmael has survived 104 pages so far!!!

Also, to repeat what I asked before... any XP for the last pages of RP/Action/Monster killing?

Ishmael accepts the words of the priest. He wonders if indeed with the power he consumes the creatures becomes so much more powerful... could 1 man make such a huge difference? Could him draining a few dozen souls cause more harm than years of Skulk sacrifices? Still his other patron had prompted him to work along this path stating all would come to pass regardless of his actions...

"I understand father and thank you for your honesty..." he says and waits until they restore him.

He then departs the temple and the whole district. If the Pelorites of the temple were off limits then maybe the Pelorites of the orphanage could be targetted. Whats more he was supposed to NOT consume that one hence he need not worry about feeding the beast.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    how about 1000?

The monsters were so far below your cr that they barely qualify, but there was some rp growth.

As you leave the temple area, a pair of hobgoblins approach you. "The Khan wants to talk with you." They say.

Spoiler
    Show
    you were going around in disguise and not hiding, right?
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, 1000 sounds great :D

Also yea... thats what happens when you gain power... you end up careless... from the man that never walked the streets without 10 hiding precautions I merely walk disguised.

Ishmael sneers at the Hobs looking around to see which district he is in and also for the presence or absence of guardsmen.

"You are a long way from home boys... mind me asking whom do you think you are talking to?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"You're a fellow that the khan wants to talk to. Come with us."

6. - Top - End - #6

Ishmael wonders for a moment if somehow they think he is the blue goblin due to him being in Ishmaels portable hole... maybe they thing he has chosen this disguise for whatever reason.

"Listen boys..." he says as he draws his 'rapier' and focuses on the hobs activating his detect thoughts power and then going on a long monologue to outline his position but also to give time to the spell to focus on their actual thoughts and pick up what they think when he addresses them.

"... first off all I dont see no Blue Hand tattoos on you. Secondly I am not about to just follow 2 hobgoblins through the city, through the docks into the slums and into the Khans headquarters without some more explanation. The Khan wants to talk to me... fine I am open for some discussion but if you continue being all cryptic and stuff only one of you will get back there to give him MY message..." he says firmly.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Their minds are shielded from you reading their surface thoughts, but they definitely have thoughts.

They both lift up their shirts and show blue hand tattoos around their navels.

"You will travel underground. The kobolds have not abandoned their pact with us. You will come because the Khan has asked for you."

8. - Top - End - #8

"Really? They have not abandonded it have they? What an interesting tidbit of information my friend..." Ishmael was truly suprised and uncertain.

What could the Khan want of him? Was it even safe to go? An opportunity to meet and study his target could be useful but dangerous because his target would study him as well. And how much did the Khan know? Had they figured out who he was and what he was doing? Had they figured out he was a skulk or even worse the carrier of the kitty? Had they figured out he worked with the ratlings or at least used them?

So much uncertainty should ideally mean he should just run now, or slay these two and then run. But his curiosity was getting the best of him.

"Am I to see him in his 'palace'? What guarantees do I have I wont be harmed boys? Ah and one last question... answer this as well and we can go... how did you find me? I mean sure he wanted to talk to -me- but this is a big city, many people and I am not the most recognisable man in the world so...?" he asks... plus he had his whole obscura thing...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"If we wanted you dead, we wouldn't talk to you. We abducted a judge out from the middle of his courtroom in broad daylight. We fear nothing and no one. Last time I ask nicely. Come with us." He is starting to get impatient.

10. - Top - End - #10

"Scary stuff... a city district judge using trickery and all that... must have been really difficult. In any case, lead the way hobgoblin..." he says and for now follows.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

They lead you down to the sewers and give you a thorough runaround before you end up in a large chamber reminiscent of the Shadow Spider's.

"Look familiar?" A large hobgoblin with metallic spikes growing out his tattooed skin asks. There are a dozen burly guards lounging around casually.

12. - Top - End - #12

Ishmael tries to remember the paths they have followed to get here. Normally this would be difficult but the last weeks the sewers have been his chosen territory so he at least hopes he can have a basic idea.

Especially of interest to him is if the sewers here had any indication of previous habitation and if they are anywhere near the docks sewers...

When taken before the hobgoblin he raises an eyebrow.

"Interesting choice of location..." he says simply.

"I was told you wanted to see me..." he continues not answering the question directly.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"I know that you offed one of my blues. I also know that you know what they are. Either you are working for the Watch of the Skulks. Since that ludicrous gang of mercenaries isn't now breathing down my door, I am guessing that you are not with the watch. So, if you can recall for me your meeting with the Shadow Spider, you might live."

14. - Top - End - #14

"Wrong and wrong actually... in your mad dash for power you have forgotten the other thorns you have... those that you have also insulted... the Ratlings want you and your cadre of warlocks as dead as the Skulks and the Watch..." Ishmael says.

"Whats worse... your actions have even made the Nobles raise an eyebrow and bother with you... you are a distraction... a problem and a troublemaker and even those within your own faction want you dead... one of them has even asked me to do it..." he says actually being truthful.

"Personally I come with higher authority though than Rats and Skulks.... funnily enough higher than that of the Guard as well... an authority that comes with a seal from the elite of the city... oh and also your information is wrong... -I- have not killed any of your blue pets..."

"But tell me, what do you mean by recalling a meeting? You plan to read my thoughts or what?" this was a dangerous game he was playing. In response to the question and just in case they could indeed detect his thoughts, he cast his mind towards Perry Di Carto... he had a particular hatred for the Khan and had also tried to move Heaven and Earth to get to him.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

His eyes widen. "You. You're that assassin. The one that's been plaguing me for a week now. The one that's been impossible to track. Please go ahead and deny it."

16. - Top - End - #16

"I wish I could oblige you lord Khan but I cant... its interesting though how everything converges... you seek out a skulk and you find an assassin you couldnt track... I was either sloppy or lucky!" he says softly.

Ishmael considers this. Its his time maybe? He would face the Khan eventually and he had a task to kill him from more than one source. Should the time be now? When would he get another chance... the 12 guards, of whom many would be casters were off course a problem so maybe some sense of honour could work.

"Do you dare face me one on one Khan? Your own servants plot behind your back... from your generals to your pet necromancer. The city wants you dead. The ratlings want you dead, the skulks want you dead. They whisper that you are weak and hiding in your lair like a wounded animal... those here, I already know many are witches and warlocks... I can escape and plague you another time... or you can order them not to intervene and we can finish this... what will it be?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"... wait, you're a skulk? I'd thought for sure they'd just hired an exemplary mercenary. I brought you here, boy, because you killed one of my favorite advisers and I wanted retribution for it. Then you come in here and throw high connections, ratlings, skulks, and everything else in my face. Please don't tell me you're also the one who chained your soul to a spirit-eating monster my pet necromancer has been foaming at the mouth to find?

Oh, I'm sorry, you offered to give me 'honorable' combat 1 on 1. Yes, right. You offered. Mind if we chat a bit first before I consider your offer? You seem to keep giving yourself away. Boy, I didn't know a tenth of what you thought I did about you. If I learn that you're also the spirit-eating fanatic running around causing chaos, I'll have all my major nuisances in one neat package."

18. - Top - End - #18

"Yes, I am a skulk, a soul eater, the shadow spider and the ratling piper... also the king and archduke..." says Ishmael dismissively.

"Just because I know alot and can connect many dots doesnt make me a servant of everyone Khan Drogo. I believe you are reaching out and letting ME know alot of what I dont... I said you went out looking for a skulk for it is the skulks that know and serve this Shadow Spider... I mentioned the ratlings cause I know you and your boys have been facing quite the resistance from them... apparently I hear it was their intervention that saved the skulks and drove you back. I mentioned the Guard for I know you had some adventures with that Di Carto man and Marcell..." he explains.

"But in any case... as of late I have been playing games with important individuals. We can agree that I answer one of your questions for every one you answer..."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm asking for a bluff check on that. Fortunately for you, the Khan doesn't invest heavily in sense motive. DC 18 to make your deception believable.

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show

Famous last words: "I only need 7 and above, its easy..."

The way I have been rolling the past few pages I expect a botch...

(1d20+11)[25] bluff...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well. Your turn."

22. - Top - End - #22

"Its something that has been plaguing me ever since I first saw you..." says Ishmael actually talking the truth.

"What are those spikes you have growing out of you?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a special trick of mine. Helps to intimidate people. They make nice, permanent weapons when I have to meet someone unarmed. They aren't easy to remove and thus everyone assumes they can't."

24. - Top - End - #24

"Indeed you are right... most think its a permanent thing making you something more than a hobgoblins..." says Ishmael slowly as he starts _observing_ him.

"So its your turn now... ask"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you a skulk?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Ishmael goes with something he has not done before in this 'game'. He first thinks himself as part of the Duchess'es family staff to through off any mentral detection and then responds.

"Obviously not..."

Spoiler
    Show

And my bluff check

(1d20+11)[28]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"No, not obviously not. You are behind a magical disguise. Take off your hat and toss it this way."

28. - Top - End - #28

"You hurt my feelings Khan! I thought we are talking like good honest men..." he says and takes off his hat and leaves it next to his feet hoping that his mundane disguise will be enough to cover him...

Spoiler
    Show

I do use (always) a mundane disguise along with the hat... I dont know if you have rolled for that as usual or would like me to roll it as its pretty significant :D

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I do account for that as well, yes. Unfortunately, you needed that +10

As your magical disguise drops off, you hear a small noise from the edge of the room.

"And with good reason. You are a skulk. Good disguise, though. I still can't tell, which is why I keep Bright Eyes around. He's good at spotting things. Anyways, I have my answer. Your turn."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    glitchbuster!