New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"Isnt this nice then!" whispers in a low tone the now visible skulk (using the hat to take a random skulk appearance) in undercommon.

"A priest will make good sacrifice for the devourer and the Spider will reward me!" he continues, selling the skulk scout story as it might help with the future interrogation of the man.

"Well lights out pretty boy! Tell the Devourer I sent my respects!" he finishes before delivering a few more blows until the man is unconsious.

The without delay and given that there might be others following or the vampire spawns might return he cleans the 'scene' by dropping acid on any bloodstains that might have been caused and a scent-breaker... as much as that might be needed in the sewers.

Then with fast movements he places a pair of masterwork manacles on the hands of the priest and a sack over his head. That done he deposits him in the portable hole and flees the scene after going invisible.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Do you have to take my name in vain there? the Devourer complains. [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]That was a little over the top. Besides, I'm not the thing that your clan reveres. Not that this priest is like to know the difference.[/COLOR]

You successfully abduct a priest in broad daylight in the Temple District and manage to leave no clues.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #303

Spoiler
    Show

More like late afternoon but yea :D

Ishmael exhales as he walks away quickly. He does his best to ensure a pursuer cant pursue him by using his experience of the city to mingle in areas where many people are passing only to dissappear down less common alleyways.

Twice during his trip he opens the hole for an inch to allow for fresh air for his captor. Considering how dangerous what he is doing is he stops only once to get rid of his current outfit, although used only for a few hours, and burn it. The chance to leave behind any evidence that could implicate the Duchess in an attack against the church of Pelor is not one he is willing to take.

After changing his appearance once more he finally makes his way to the Duchess house. This time before approaching though he does a sweep of the neighbourhood to ensure noone and nothing is watching. After he is satisfied with this he advances and knocks on the door.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

"Back so soon? I hope it's good news." the butler says as he lets you in quickly.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #305

Ishmael nods solemnly.

"Is there a secure room in this house? A room protected by scrying abilities and dimensional travel?"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"... One moment."

He heads off to speak with the Duchess, leaving you alone.

7. - Top - End - #307

Ishmael's paranoia does kick in a little bit. He frowns at the man as he sees him leaving and he takes a somewhat defensive posture.

He waits next to a window, but not in front, ready to escape should somehow all this had been a trap. He is really inclined to go invisible as an added precaution but decides against it in the end as that might be too much of a breach of etiquette. Still he remains near the shadows and though not hiding his natural camouflage works to obscure you slightly.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

After a few minutes, the butler returns. "Follow me, the duchess will see you immediately."

He leads you to a broom closet, and indicates you should step inside.

9. - Top - End - #309

Ishmael raises an eyebrow but complies while maintaining his guard.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

You enter the broom closet, the butler shuts the door, and the room rotates around until you are facing a stone chamber. Duchess Hordukka is sitting in one of two chairs at a small table. There are a pair of doors on the far wall.

"This is the most private and secure chamber in my home. Will this do?"

11. - Top - End - #311

Ishmael first bows to the woman and then looks around the place.

"Are there any wards in place m'lady?" he asks carefully.

"I have a very dangerous prisoner with me and for now I keep him somewhere he cant be detected but should I put him out this means his friends, allies and enemies may be able to. I am generally hard to... find given my nature but he is not. He is most likely unable to do anything given that I have bound him, gagged him and blindfolded him but as I am not the most knowledgable with those things I cannot say for sure there is nothing he can do to escape..."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

"This is place is indeed warded against scrying, extradimensional travel, conjuration, and physical threat. In fact, magic is impeded in this room unless you are of the Hordukka bloodline. I myself have no magical talent, but my grandfather did."

13. - Top - End - #313

Ishmael smiles.

"That is good news." he says and pauses.

"In that case m'lady I would like to present you our dear Bishop. He is a bit knocked about and under the impression that he was captured by the Skulks but I am sure you can twist this however you wish..." he says and smiles.

"I would like to point out that this man is probably not the final link of the chain and as such I would like to ask that we probe him to the outmost extent before... well... before you give him his just punishment. During the meeting with the administrator, who is also as dirty as the dirtiest pit of Hell, this Bishop had under his command vampire spawns. He also mentioned a figure called "The Master" who I believe to be the vampire for which he works..." Ishmael says with conviction and tells the rest of the story concerning what he heard between the two men.

As he finishes his story he opens the portable hole and pulls out the Bishop, making sure the man does not see his surroundings and checking to see if he is conscious.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

The man is unconscious.

"Very good. Probe him all you want. He and I will have the rest of his life to be acquainted with my flavor of vengeance."

15. - Top - End - #315

Ishmael watches the Duchess with interest. One day he hoped he could reach that level of calm detachment. Faced with the main reason for her woes she was relaxed and uncaring... even if it was a 'mask' it was still impressive.

"Very well. I shall endeavour to learn everything he has to say..."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

"Mind if I watch?"

17. - Top - End - #317

Ishmael takes one of the two chairs and places it in front of one of the walls, as far away from the Duchess as possible... there was no reason to let the man even chance at getting a glimpse.

The chair itself is placed no more than a foot from the wall to increase the feeling of claustrophobia and then Ishmael places a torch behind him so that his shadow will be falling on the wall in front of his prisoner.

He then puts the man on the chair and adjusts the manacles so that they include it in the 'binds' and also proceeds to tie the mans hands and feet on it for maximum efficiency.

When all that is done he removes the blindfold and the gag but keeps the sack over the mans head. The darkness would not allow him to see much but shadows would still penetrate the sack making for an even more eerie environment. He then pours water over the sack until the man wakes up.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

He sputters awake. "Whuh?"

19. - Top - End - #319

Ishmael adopts a calm, gruf voice.

"Rise and shine princess Bishop..."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

His voice gets cold. "You."

21. - Top - End - #321

"Me. Do you know who I am Mister Bishop of the Great Sun God? Do you think the Sun can Penetrate all this darkness?" asks Ishmael with a more mocking tone, trying to indicate he is not aware of the mans dark dealings.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

"Your hatred will burn when it comes into the Light."

23. - Top - End - #323

"I severely doubt that my friend, we are Skulks not vampires. So, I am just here to let you know that you have been chosen as the next sacrifice to be offered to the Devourer. Your goodness will make the offering all the more spicy for him... its a pity really that you will never get to experience the brightness of the afterlife at your useless Gods side..." continues Ishmael.

"But... cause there always is a but... we are, as you might have heard from the Fierbrand case, open to any possible offers or pleads you might be willing to make on behalf of your Church. Lately we find ourselves in lack of allies and you light boys might be a good ally... but you have to make it good!" he finishes letting the man thing that he is just looking for allies hoping to bait him into revealing he works for something greater that wouldnt mind allying with the Skulks.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

"Your threats of petty fairy tales means nothing to me. Go ahead, "devour" my soul. There is no such thing."

25. - Top - End - #325

Is there a way... you can... you know... lick at his soul as a 'Yes there is' kind of feel, my dear friend? sends Ishmael to the demon inside him.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

It would be easier for me to eat the whole thing, but YOU probably can, if you try. Considering that he's well enough grounded that you'll have a hard time even tearing his soul, just give it your best shot and he'll feel it and is VERY unlikely to even be slightly harmed by it.

27. - Top - End - #327

Ishmael gives an 'all good' nod towards the Duchess... the fact that the woman had little knowledge of the arcane arts could make it easy to explain it was all a trick.

"I do beg to differ, dominari" says Ishmael as he touches the mans shoulder. As the demon had said, at best he would make it obvious to the man that such things do exist...

He focuses, like he did with the undead spirits at the temple and tries to just give a soft bite at the mans essence.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

You find it difficult to even dent his soul, as it's significantly stronger than those undead. However, when you bite down as hard as you can metaphysically it leaves a mark.

He feels the violation of his soul and he visibly yelps.

"Wha- that's impossible!"

29. - Top - End - #329

Ishmael smiles and leans towards the mans ear, speaking softly.

"And I am but a humble servant. The Devourer will enjoy you so much pious fool...

so last chance. Offer us what you can... what can a servant of the Sun God do for us? All cloaked in your holy ways and self-righteousness I doubt you can help us in any way but perhaps you skulking... heh... skulking, in the sewers means something of interest to us!"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+17)[20] + any situational given the way I have gone with it :D

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine! Fine! This isn't worth my soul. The temple of Pelor has an... unofficial alliance with a local vampire that styles itself 'the Master.' We give him young girls to turn for his minions in exchange for doing the occasional black job that the Sun God needs done. Those fools from those two outsider gods caught him in a botched job and nearly killed him. Took his favorite thrall and confiscated most of his tools. Fortunately, the fools turned them over to us for disposal and I was arranging to get the goods back to him when you captured me."