New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"Well, they mentioned something about 6 Consencrated harriers which are apparently undead hunters, and 10 spawn whatever that might be...

Frankly speaking I have only heard tales of Vampires so dont know how powerful they are... on the other hand I witnessed a purchase of special coffins (at which point Ishmael will present the coffin box). They were about XX coffins which means he has at least that many vampire spawn in his service..."

Spoiler
    Show

Where XX is the 3 x number of boxes there were in the warehouse area, cant recall if I counted them or not but I recall there were many!

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    30 is what your math says

"Hm... that can't be right. A vampire powerful enough to control that many spawn would be almost godlike in power. Are you sure that all of those crates contained coffins?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #393

"They all had similar wards and protections and were heavy enough to leave a trail on they ground they were pushed over." Ishmael says and gives a narrating of the place he found them, without saying where it was exactly, the defences the crates and the place had.

"Perhaps the rest were not coffins but provisions or otherwise but I do think the majority was these coffins... still I cannot be 100% sure..."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

"It seems unlikely that a single vampire would control so very many spawn. Still, that doesn't mean he acts alone. It also doesn't mean he doesn't have several spawn under his control. It may also be possible that there truly are 30 spawn working for him and most simply are not under his direct control anymore. It could be that they are willingly working under him. This is definitely a situation that demands caution. We shall send a doomguide with you for backup."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #395

"May I also inquire if I could purchase a greater True Death crystal from the temple? I doubt an average vendor could provide me with one and even if they could it would mean being very open about this..." he explains.

Spoiler
    Show

By the way... I have some money/in store credit at Hagans store... are we treating it as an NPC store that was giving its standard discounts etc or shall we just disregard it and I get the credit as cash instead?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hagan is now an npc. It won't be exactly Riz's discounts, but it'll still be a better price than other merchants.

"I'm sure that can be arranged."

7. - Top - End - #397

Spoiler
    Show

Well reason I am asking is that a church that fights the undead may give a better price for such a crystal as opposed to Hagan. So I want to see if I should buy it from them or from Hagan...

"Perfect. With whom should I discuss concerning its cost?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    if Riz was still around, Hagan would probably match their price and then beat it 5%...

he could get things made VERY cheaply... seriously, like 8% of total value in cost cheap. Some things even cheaper. He could literally but items at full market, retain their essences, use his money to re-build three copies, and sell them at half market price and turn a profit.

still, he poofed on me and left me to npc him, so now he generally offers about 80% off.

good idea about buying undead-fighting gear from undead-hating temples, though. Smart idea.

"For a devout member of the Faith who will be using the item to fight the undead? We will sell it to you at cost. I would recommend, of course, that when you successfully destroy the vampire that you remember to tithe to the temple from the thing's ill-gotten gains."

9. - Top - End - #399

Ishmael thanks the priest and nods his affirmation.

"Certainly. I believe the temple knows I often give donations when that is possible and indeed this can be such a case!" he says firmly and also gives the man a 'check' for 5000 gold which is the base cost of the crystal.

"I shall return with the information or where to meet or send a runner. Let us say that the 'password' so you can identify the runner is -nightfall-" he says and departs to return to the Duchess'es taking as many precautions as usual and more if possible by using detours to make sure he is not followed or spotted.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Such shenanigans end up costing you a full hour of time, but even your paranoid mind can be confident that you're not followed.

11. - Top - End - #401

Ishmael will enter and go to see the prisoner.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

When you arrive, he is still unconscious. It appears he has a few new cuts and bruises, but nothing that looks serious.

13. - Top - End - #403

Ishmael ensures the man is still blindfolded and removes all his items. He had actually forgotten to search him before so now it is a good chance to do it.

After checking those possessions he slaps him around a bit so that he comes to.

"Wake up Dominari. We want to talk to you!" he says and then switches to undercommon pretending to speak to someone else.

"Leave us. Inform the Shadow Spider that I will ensure his cooperation and we can then move out... I trust he will not betray us to the vampire but if he does kill him first... at least if we all perish his soul will go to the Devourer!" he says firmly and then makes some intentional noise while walking away to pretend there was someone else in the room that left.

"So..." he turns again in common tongue as he approaches the prisoner moving silently.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I really should ask for a bluff check on that one.

15. - Top - End - #405

Spoiler
    Show

Sure, just keep in mind any modifiers for the fact that he is blindfolded and beaten and has indeed heard another voice at some point in this room... plus my move silently means I can indeed appear to be in two places if I move quickly enough...

So bluff (1d20+11)[21]

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

"Just go ahead and gut me for your sacrifices. I don't know anything useful. Wish I did right now."

17. - Top - End - #407

"Foolish dominari..." laughs Ishmael.

"That is not why I am here. I have discussed with the Shadow Spider and our allies and we have decided to honor the agreement we made. You will take us to the vampire so me and my allies can offer him terms to work for us. You are then free to do as you wish just as long as you do not overstep your welcome and try anything foolish... know that once the Devourer has tasted your soul it wont be hard for him to drain it even from a distance!" he says firmly.

"So this is how it will be. I am sure you can tell when someone is lying to you so know this. I need a basic location... not where The Master sleeps or hides but where I should assemble the group of skulks that will joins me in this... we are no fools to enter a vampires lair without precautions so though I am leading the group others will join me for my protection and to ensure you die if you betray us...

So once the team has assembled you and I will meet them there and then you will lead us to the Master. Once there you will make the introduction and your role ends there unless if we need you as mediator. Is that acceptable human?"

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

"If it's not, will you kill me fast?"

"Bah, what am I talking about? You want to meet the Master, go right ahead." He describes a location in the Docks.

19. - Top - End - #409

"Most likely no, we wouldnt kill you fast. But there is torture and soul consumption and just soul consumption!" he says with a glee.

"But all this is irrelevant. Do as you are told. Uphold your word and do as is requested of you and you will survive..." he says and then stops when he hears what the man says about the docks.

"Really? The vampire is so close? Within our own realm! Thats very presumptous... is it in the sewers then? In any case, dont tell me exact location but tell me where I should tell the team to meet? Near the wall? Near a particular dock or...?"

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

"He stays aboveground. There's an abandoned warehouse right next to the Slums. He hangs out there in the daylight."

21. - Top - End - #411

"Splendid. Remain here and I will be back shortly..." he says and after ensuring the bonds of the man are firm he exits the special room.

He tries to find the butler and whispers to him quietly.

"I need a very quick service performed. I assume her Ladyship has runners or private messengers... I need use of them for a short while..."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

"As her marqued agent, she has authorized you to use the estate's resources. She has a standing arrangement with a courier service."

23. - Top - End - #413

"Splendid. I will need 6 couriers then, all going to the same district." he says and proceeds to write six messages.

The first three are bogus messages merely sending regards and salutations from a believer.

The second three though are 'real'. In the case of the church of Solaron he writes

'Meet in 1 and 1/2 hour two blocks from abandoned warehouse in the Docks near the wall seperating Docks from Slums. Ensure the men are not seen for what they are but also not as humans as that would raise suspision...'

for the other temple of the twin pantheon he writes.

'I am unsure what form the spawn take but ensure they are not seen or remain inconspicuous. Meet me in 1 and 1/2 hour 2 blocks from the abandonded warehouse in the Docks, close to the slums'

and finally for the temple of Kelemvor.

'Nightfall comes. Meet me 1 and 1/2 hour from now, two blocks from abandoned warehouse in the Docks near the wall seperating Docks from Slums. Ensure that the agent does not appear as human or hobgoblin to avoid any issues with skulks'

Once the couriers arrive he will give them the three fake messages and send the first to the temple of Kord, the second to Bahamut and the third to Boccob.

Then 10 minutes after the first courriers have left he will send out the other three giving them the appropriate courrier locations.

Only then, a bit more sure of the truth will he return above to the protected room and speak to the prisoner once again.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

the messengers leave to do as you bid them.

THe prisoner has not managed to escape the inescapable in the intervening time.

25. - Top - End - #415

"Time to go priest man!" speaks Ishmael.

"Which reminds me. Whats your name? I forgot to ask it... where ARE my manners" he says and laughs.

He will approach the man and listen to his answer before gagging him and placing him in the portable hole.

"Apologies for this... cant have you walking around the sewers in the Docks... one of my fellow skulks that is not in on this meeting sees you and I have to fight them off killing you! See how caring I am?" he says as he closes the hole.

He will then depart the house and enter the sewers from a nearby entrance after taking all precautions.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

"Bishop Jacob Finch."

He doesn't resist you, and you enter the sewers undetected.

27. - Top - End - #417

He will approach the dock area while maintaining his hiding and careful approach.

At some point he will stop an open the hole for a few moments to give the man some extra breathable air but in reality he wants to ensure that a whiff of dock sewer air is taken in by the Bishop, hence enhancing the illusion that this is indeed a skulk mission taking him through their own sewer territory.

He will then try to be on time for the meeting with the team at the given spot.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

You arrive precisely on time. The 6 prismatic kobolds you assume to be the consecrated harriers. Oddly enough, the "spawn" appear to be an assorted mix of humanoids. Most of them look bravely resolute, although one or two show signs of nerves.

The stout dwarf clad in fullplate carrying a mace and a shield emblazoned with the holy symbol of Kelemvor must be the doomguide previously mentioned.

"So, laddie, looks like we're all here. Where's the fight?"

29. - Top - End - #419

Ishmael considers the possibility that the spawn are more a threat than a boon should any of them break during the fight but he shrugs.

He turns to the assembled group and considers going back to being the oranged haired youth. He then shakes his head... that persona has had its time on the spotlight and has been retired.

Instead he walks up to the dwarf and bows his head and offers him the old hat of disguise he had.

"While it could work as an excellent disguise master dwarf... well... a full plate is not something assosiated with the race we are here representing. As such could you please use the hat to take the appearance of a skulk and alter your armor to something lighter?" he says calmly before turning to the other and whispering softly.

"We, are a group of Skulks going to meet the vampire named 'The Master'. We are meeting him to organise an alliance between the Shadow Spider clan and the Skulks. The man to make the introduction is in my custodity and believes that his soul is in danger should he fail us and is joining us as a way to bring us in peaceful contact with the Vampire.

He is not to be harmed now or when the real purpose of our raid occurs... he is under my custody and will remain so. Speak to him as little as possible. Generally if you have any means by which to remain unseen, invisibility or otherwise employ them now... its easy for me to explain him how he wont see any of the skulks due to their talents..." Ishmael concludes.

"The vampire has a significant number of spawn serving him or otherwise. We need to ensure though that the vampire itself is destroyed completely... to this effect I trust the abilities of your doom-guide and consecrated harriers that are experts on this field..." he says and waits for any comments from the team.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Without a further word, the spawn and the prismatic kobolds all begin casting a spell at once and disappear from sight. The dwarf dons the hat and shifts himself to look like a skulk in a chain shirt.

"Will this do?" A voice asks from thin air.

"I hope that I'm not too off base here." the dwarf replies.