New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"Listen, spawn or whatever you are... cut the chatter. I said I have been told who the Master is, I didnt say I know his favorite color, food or blood type or whatever... I am here to discuss with your master about the possibility of working together again. Yes bad things happen to bad people and all that what can we do. Just do your job and take us there... if I wanted to hide I would be invisible not hiding..." he says rather annoyed at all this.

Still his question was aimed to see if invisibility was also somehow covered in their security... after all in order to cover that the Jacks had diviners, smellers and a bunch of useless idiots devoted to security... hopefully obsessed with his previous nature this vampire skulk would only focus on protection against traditional methods of infiltration.

"MOVE it out there!" he calls out to the cleric and other 'skulk'.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

"If you and your buddy were mages, we would know and you would have had no chance to get even this close."

After the other "skulk" steps through, she says, "Very well. Follow me."

She leads you through a maze of crates to the center of the warehouse. There, you see a coffin of polished ebony lying upon a raised alter of obsidian.

"State your request of the Master." she prompts you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #453

"I dont talk to coffins on a pedestal. I have so far played around with your tricks...

I brought your allied priest as a token of our goodwill. Came with only a small party, had ensured I know the name and essence of the person and have complied with your annoying requests.

Enough of these games. Either your master shows up and we can negotiate or I can kill you and leave this place and take the Shadow Spider the answer that this isnt going anywhere... then when the Pelorites eventually tire of you they offer you to the Khan who will by then have taken over this territory..." he says firmly.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

"You will wait upon my pleasure, insolent pup." Says the most beautiful-looking skulk you have seen since the Master's niece. His tall, thin frame has a healthy tone of muscle to it, his flesh a gleaming ebony. He emerges from the coffin and somehow manages to make the movement sensual. "You say you have come from the Shadow Spider? How is dear old daddy?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #455

Ishmael bows his head.

"Good eve to you sire. I apologise for my abrupt manner but your servant is a tad annoying and having had to already put up with the Bishop it reached a whole new level of pestering..." he says as he lifts his head again.

"The Shadow Spider is good. He enjoys having taken the life of the Nightman and brought glory to the Skulks while at the same time regrets the commisioning of so many of us and giving an opening to the Khan and his blue cronies to slaughter the innocent." he says firmly, certain that the vampire already knows.

"The Black cloaks continue to sing the praises to the Devourer while the kobolds are getting far too eager for more power and respect... I guess you learned that yourself actually as I hear a group of them played a trick on you..." he says with a grin.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

He frowns, and there's almost a physical reaction from you upon seeing such a beautiful creature distressed. "Those foul little Light-worshiping rainbow freaks will pay for their insult."

"Make us!" declare's the dwarf's chest.

Suddenly, six prismatic kobolds drop off of the disguised skulk and a bright surge of holy light flashes through the place.

You hear a half-dozen shrieks from the surrounding area and that many vampire spawn are vaporized.

"Did you like our invisibility trick?" the leader asks you as they prepare to battle the vampire in earnest.

Spoiler
    Show
    roll initiative. If you beat a 26, you go first.

7. - Top - End - #457

Spoiler
    Show

Go consencrated harriers!

Initiative

(1d20+8)[15]

Ishmael is probably as suprised as the the vampires but at least he more or less expected an attack, perhaps not so soon... perhaps learning more from the vampire would have been good but that could mean his deception could have been uncovered as well...

As such when the cry comes he prepares for battle.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

"Last time, you caught me unawares. This time, I am ready."

He glances your way, and your mind starts to swim with the perfect beauty of his form.

Spoiler
    Show
    will save or be charmed. This is not an evil effect, but it is mind-effecting.

He raises up his hands and a pair of great black shadows shaped like bats appear.

"This time, I have friends."

Spoiler
    Show
    you beat the consecrated harriers and the doomguide.

9. - Top - End - #459

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+11)[22] = spending a use of the mind armor for the +5.

So this is not an evil effect but do I get the +2 from the protection from evil/chaos? The person using the attack/effect is of that alignment so I guess I get it... so if yes add another +2 to my total.

Actually protection from evil says:

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves.
    Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.
    Second, the barrier blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature (by a magic jar attack, for example) or to exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person).
    The protection does not prevent such effects from targeting the protected creature, but it suppresses the effect for the duration of the protection from evil effect.
    If the protection from evil effect ends before the effect granting mental control does, the would-be controller would then be able to mentally command the controlled creature.
    Likewise, the barrier keeps out a possessing life force but does not expel one if it is in place before the spell is cast.
    This second effect works regardless of alignment.
    Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures.
    This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature.

Ishmael blinks as the vampire tries to assert control over him. He activates his mind armor with but a thought to resist the effect and hopes that the pendant, that actually the Shadow Spider had given him to fight the similar effects he expected the Nightman to use, works.

Spoiler
    Show

Not posting action cause I dont know if I am charmed...

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, from evil effects. Oddly enough, this effect is not registering as evil. There's a reason for that.

You resist the charm effect.

11. - Top - End - #461

Ishmael smiles and spits the blood that collected in his mouth from biting his tongue to help him resist the effect.

Momentarily he turns to the probably even more suprised Pelorite.

"Stay out of this and you live. On the plus side you were tricked only to actually destroy and evil undead... your God would be proud!" he says hoping the man complies but ready to strike him down if he doesnt.

With a fluid motion he draws his 'dagger' and takes a 5 foot step forward hopefully bringing him within reach of the vampire given the reach of his chain. He then unleashes hell at his opponent.

"You know, they always told me having a weapon that is the bane of our own kind should be used with care! I guess it has its uses!" he says with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show

So chain has 10 feet reach and I move 5 so if within range I do full attack, if not I do 1 attack but add blade of blood instead of blinding strike.

Attack 1 (1d20+15)[19] - crit confirm (1d20+15)[17]
    damage (2d4+9)[14] - crit confirm (2d4+9)[14]
    Bane damage (2d6)[8] + True Death damage (1d6)[4] + caustic (2d6)[7]
    Fiercebane Crit damage (1d10)[10]

Attack 2 (Blindstrike Bracers) (1d20+15)[24] - crit confirm (1d20+15)[34]
    damage (2d4+9)[13] - crit confirm (2d4+9)[13]
    Bane damage (2d6)[6] + True Death damage (1d6)[2]
    Fiercebane Crit damage (1d10)[3]

Attack 3 (1d20+10)[15] - crit confirm (1d20+15)[34]
    damage (2d4+9)[15] - crit confirm (2d4+9)[14]
    Bane damage (2d6)[8] + True Death damage (1d6)[6] + caustic (2d6)[4]
    Fiercebane Crit damage (1d10)[8]

If I can have done only 1 attack, then add to that 1 (3d6)[15] from blade of blood.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-10 at 04:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

It takes you more than five feet to close the distance, and your single strike misses.

"Um... Argh!" the priest cries inarticulately as he falls on his side and begins to foam at the mouth.

The consecrated harriers each pull out tiny draconic batlike creatures from their sides and chant a spell. The ten draconic mages of Minrhet appear in front of them.

"Took you lot long enough." the bravest of the bunch calls out as they materialize.

Just as they arrive, they finish uttering a word in unison and throw up their arms. The Master grunts but you cannot see any other effect.

The Doomguide holds out his holy symbol and says an invocation. You can feel the mystic energies surround and protect you.

Spoiler
    Show
    you'll get +4 on all saves vs negative energy, energy drain, and death effects for the next minute.

__________________________________________________ ________

Round 2:

You are flanked by the shadowy bats, however, neither one is able to sink their fangs into you. You nimbly dodge both.

The Master hides in plain sight, disappearing into the shadows. You next see him as he reappears right behind one of the Harriers and wraps the little fellow into a deadly embrace. However, by a seeming stroke of luck, the kobold slips free.

Spoiler
    Show
    your turn.

13. - Top - End - #463

Spoiler
    Show

How far is the master from me... also does that mean that if I go behind him and across the harrier I would be flanking?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    15' away, and yes

15. - Top - End - #465

Ishmael mutters a curse under his breath for having missed and for the priest collapsing, hopefull he is not actually dieing but rather the anti-evil aura or whatever the kobolds did has affected him badly.

As the two bats miss him and the vampire moves away he sees an opening. Time to put the crystal to good use!

He does a tumbling charge and tries to flank the vampire and deliver a strong blow using his own blood as a focus for the damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Tumble to avoid attack of opportunity: (1d20+10)[18]

And then charging attack against a flanked opponent (+2 from gloves of murder (profane bonus to attack and damage) +2 for flanking + 2 for bane type enemy)

[roll]1d20+19[roll] (24 to hit from below post) - crit confirm (1d20+19)[20]
    Damage (2d4+11)[15] - crit confirm (2d4+11)[18]
    Blade of Blood (3d6)[14]
    Bane (2d6)[11]
    True Death (1d6)[4]
    Sneak attack with gloves of murder (10d6)[1][6][3][6][5][6][6][4][1][4](42) (keeping the first 5 non 1s)
    Bane crit bonus (1d10)[8]
    Caustic (2d6)[5]

Total@ 75
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-10 at 03:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Spoiler
    Show

The attack roll didnt go through... its not a crit but rolling for the attack first roll.

(1d20+19)[24]

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Your blow, unfortunately, catches on his leather armor and does nothing to the creature itself.

The kobolds each bring a barrage of force missiles to bear on him, striking him deeply and causing significant harm.

The draconic mages stare at the Master, and you can feel the air prickle with powers. Glowing sigils manifest around the room. "Win or die, this ends tonight. There will be no escape this time." they say with one voice.

The Doomguide casts a spell and grows in size. He walks over to one of the bats and prepares to do battle.

__________________________________________________ _____

Round 3:

the shadow bats reposition themselves to assault the Doomguide. One of them gets in a solid blow and wound him. The injury continues to bleed rather distressingly fast.

The Master grabs the consecrated harrier again. This time, it is unable to break free and you can feel the evil as its life energy starts to flow out to the Master. Instantly, some of the worst of his wounds from the barrage of missiles is healed. His flesh also seems to be mending itself.

18. - Top - End - #468

Is it his excitement or is he indeed in the clutches of the Masters spell?

Those are the thoughts that pass through Ishmaels head given his two missed blows.

And yet the vampire now leaves itself open... caught in a grapple that indeed cures his wounds but standing right next to Ishmael means the skulk assassin can finally bring all his might to bear.

He unleashes a torrent of blows activating his bracers and gloves and aiming for all the right spots despite his opponents undead nature.

Spoiler
    Show

Well now he didnt move so full attack + 1 attack from blinding speed and also since he is grappling he loses dex bonus and they are all sneak :D

modifiers +2 for sneak , + 2 bane. Not sure if I get flanking bonus depending on positioning, can move 5 feet to ensure I get it from one of the other kobolds.

Attack 1 (1d20+19)[24] - crit confirm (1d20+19)[25]
    Damage (2d4+11)[19] - crit damage (2d4+11)[17]
    Bane (2d6)[5]
    True Death (1d6)[1]
    Caustic (2d6)[9]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[6][2][2][6][4][5][6][6][6][2](45) keeping the first 5 non 1s...
    Bane crit extra (1d10)[1]

And + 10 from craven.
    Total : 64

Attack 2 (1d20+19)[32] - crit confirm (1d20+19)[37]
    Damage (2d4+11)[17] - crit damage (2d4+11)[18]
    Bane (2d6)[9]
    True Death (1d6)[5]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[2][4][1][1][1][6][1][6][3][6](31) keeping the first 5 non 1s...
    Bane crit extra (1d10)[10]

And + 10 from craven.
    total: 62

Attack 3 (1d20+14)[23] - crit confirm (1d20+14)[33]
    Damage (2d4+11)[16] - crit damage (2d4+11)[15]
    Bane (2d6)[5]
    True Death (1d6)[3]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[2][3][1][5][4][4][1][4][5][2](31) keeping the first 5 non 1s...
    Bane crit extra (1d10)[4]

And + 10 from craven.
    Total: 52

Remember no dex ac for him...
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 12:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

You wail into him and, despite resistance from his preternaturally tough skin, you rip into him and nearly destroy him.

However, a flash of evil red light engulfs him and all his wounds heal.

"That contingent harm spell was expensive. You will pay for it. Still, power such as yours is a shame to waste. Perhaps I will honor you by taking you as a consort."

The captive kobold is unable to escape, and is drained farther. The other five get occupied as a thick swarm of bats descends upon them. You can see the glow of holy magics in the background.

"Well, he's tipped his hand now. Boys, strip him of his magics." Once again, the ten of them speak with one voice and a complex spell is performed by all ten at once. You see a dozen flashes of color explode outward harmlessly from the Master as they finish.

"We've removed the other contingent magics he had upon himself. He should be vulnerable now."

The Doomguide ignores his injuries and wails into the bat in front of him, dispatching it with three well-placed blows.

__________________________________________________ _

Round 4:

The remaining shadow bat bites at the Doomguide again, who suffers another bleeding injury.

The Master leaves his grapple with the kobold, who's looking like he's barely hanging in there. Before you know what's happening, he's grabbed you and he's trying to wrestle you to the ground.

20. - Top - End - #470

Spoiler
    Show

HAHAHA! I knew ONCE it would become useful.

Points at his sheet at the 6th level feat...

Close.Quarters.Fighting.

Ishmael smiles as the Master decides to try and attack him in close quarters. He always knew he was not physically strong and as such his tutors had shown him techniques to avoid grapplers.

All this came back in an instant and Ishmael takes advantage of his training. Foolishly the Master also attacked while leaving the Kobold still alive meaning Ishmael can use his comrade to increase his lethal potential.

"Nop. No consort. You just die now..." he says in undercommon.

Spoiler
    Show

So I get an AoO vs his grappling. If he doesnt have improved and I do any damage his grapple fails. If he does and I do damage, my damage adds to my grapple result :D Unlikely for him since he left the kobold where it was... he is still flanked and sneak attacked :D

(1d20+19)[23] - crit confirm (1d20+19)[39]
    damage (2d4+11)[17] - crit confirm (2d4+11)[15]
    Bane (2d6)[12]
    Crit Bane (1d10)[5]
    Sneak attack, first 5 non 1 s (10d6)[3][2][3][4][6][3][3][6][1][2](33)
    +10 from craven.
    Total:57

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 12:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot the true death damage (1d6)[2]

And the grapple check.

So if my attack hit thats +57 (+ true death dmg) on my result so I dont even need to roll I think :D

If not:
    Opposed grapple check
    (1d20+9)[13]

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    he does indeed have improved grapple.

Now that he's not entangled in a grapple, he dodges your attack once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, since your AoO missed, do you want to instead try an escape artist check?

23. - Top - End - #473

Spoiler
    Show

My dice have been horrible... been getting 3s,4s and 5s for most of my attacks :(

And no, no point... with so many skills I havent really invested on escape artist so at my level my BAB+STR is better... (+9 instead of +8).

BUT

I just realised we are on his turn so I can use an immidiate action :D

In which case can I use my vest of freedom to auto-succeed on the opposed grapple check? (gives you freedom of movement for 3 rounds/3 times a day)

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    good call. yes you can.

25. - Top - End - #475

Even though his spiked chain blow misses Ishmael takes a step back almost allowing the vampire to grapple him. And then activates the protective abilities of his vest and escapes like an eel and laughing at the face of the Vampire.

"Nice try..."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

You slip through his grasp.

"Ooh, you will make a feisty consort indeed. I look forward to enslaving your will."

Spoiler
    Show
    that makes it your turn.

27. - Top - End - #477

"I generally keep this for serious foes but since you seem able to evade my weapon I guess I have to destroy you the old fashioned way..." speaks Ishmael and focuses his ability to something he has not done in a long time.

He breathes out, takes a quick 5 foot step back and raises his open palm towards the vampire and expels all the magical energy he has stored in himself and not used in weeks.

Spoiler
    Show

Ranged -touch- attack with all my spellfire. Lets see how his natural armor and leather armor help him now... I could go with a melee touch to also add sneak attack and craven but I dont want to risk him getting an AoO and messing me up... might have been a better deal but still...

(1d20+14)[32] - crit confirm (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage (13d6)[48] - crit confirm (13d6)[41]
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 02:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

You scorch away an apple-sized portion of his chest, which inconveniences him to a great degree.

The mostly-drained kobold looks at you and says, "Time to let my Light Shine" and he jumps at the Master as he begins to glow. It is peculiar, though: his voice was not so rich and deep before.

The other five send out one more pulse of holy energy and the bat swarms disappear.

The Ten see the Doomguide's predicament and slam the bat with an invisible hammer of force, half-crushing it.

The Doomguides finishes the shadow bat off. "Thanks, boys."

Round 5:

Seeing himself surrounded and overmatched, the Master stretches forth his hands and...

continues to stand there! Whatever he thought he was doing, the Ten must have disabled that earlier in the fight!

"You little cretins!" he says as he instead reaches for the kobold on his back. It refuses to budge even as its energy drain withers away the last of its life force. However, even as the kobold husk drops off, there remains behind a kobold-shaped glow.

Strike now, and strike true. My sacrifice has removed its powers. Let not my death be in vain. these words echo in your head.

29. - Top - End - #479

In the face of all this adversity Ishmael decides to turn to the one thing that has helped him in the past. Like with his ability to use magic its one he has not called upon lately...

"KELEMVOR BLESS MY HAND!" he yells as he lashes out against the Undead monster before him. His blows are quick as usual as he expends his last charge of the blindstrike bracers hoping for the best and aiming to do his worse.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack

Attack 1: (1d20+19)[35] - crit confirm (1d20+19)[29]
    Damage (2d4+11)[17] - crit damage (2d4+11)[15]
    Bane (2d6)[4] + True Death (1d6)[2]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[1][6][6][4][3][6][5][2][5][4](42) the first 5 non 1s.
    +10 from Craven

Total: 58

Bonus Attack: (1d20+19)[24] - crit confirm (1d20+19)[32]
    Damage (2d4+11)[18] - crit damage (2d4+11)[16]
    Bane (2d6)[7] + True Death (1d6)[2]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[6][4][3][6][6][3][3][3][6][2](42) the first 5 non 1s.
    +10 from Craven

Total: 64

2nd Attack: (1d20+14)[21] - crit confirm (1d20+14)[18]
    Damage (2d4+11)[17] - crit damage (2d4+11)[15]
    Bane (2d6)[6] + True Death (1d6)[3]
    Sneak attack (10d6)[5][5][1][6][1][1][4][2][1][4](30) the first 5 non 1s.
    +10 from Craven

Total: 58

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 07:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

You wail into the creature, and connect twice, ripping him to shreds. The Master turns into vapor, one which quickly seeps into the black coffin.