New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"So maybe there is something else unresolved? Perhaps something you were doing when this happened to both of you... is your creator still alive by any chance? I know there was almost a war about it but not sure as to what happened to him in the end"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

"His/my brother was slain in the end. His death is what prevented war."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #603

"Interesting.

Well, then how about my other question? Did you have any unfinished business that occured before you were taken and merged?"

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

"I volunteered/was abducted for the operation. I merely wish to be allowed to pass on/become separate from her."

Ahriman grunts in interest.

"Keep them talking. I think I observe something."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #605

"Where were you abducted from?" he asks the girl.

"Why did you volunteer when you knew what kind of experiments he was running... even your sister is now some kind of succubus-skulk creature due to this..." he says addressing the skulk

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

I was the first successful fusion. The others came later/ lived in a river, once.

7. - Top - End - #607

"Which river? Did you have friends, family or anyone that you depended on or depended on you?"

"What do you know of the Shadow Spider? Why did he go ahead with all these and why did he initially side with the deranged one?"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

"I/He" the two say, and the scream in pain. You hear a tearing sound and they vanish.

"Aha! as I thought. The fusion was held together by the unison of mind between the two. You managed to get the two on completely separate tracks and the fusion naturally split apart. It WAS impossible to fuse a male human and female fey soul together! Without the anti-soul of an undead to balance the equation to one net soul, it could only last as long as the two believed it could. The sort of conditioning that would take... that skulk was a genius. Deranged and a sadistic madman, but a genius." Ahriman says.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-25 at 09:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #609

Ishmael seems impressed.

"Well that was quite a good catch then! I didnt even understand that is what you were going at!" he says.

"Genius he might have been but he went too far and thus his fate was sealed... well, I have a few more errands to run Professor... this night yet one more threat to the city has perished" says Ishmael with a rare smugness in his voice.

"I thank you for your help and support!" he adds for good measure before departing and heading for the Temple of Kelemvor.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

"Glad to be of help."

The temple has just begun evening devotions when you arrive.

11. - Top - End - #611

Ishmael takes part in the ceremoney, quiet and reserved but thankful for Kelemvor's blessings and support this day. He does off course keep his eyes and ears open for any sign of something out of the ordinary... after all the loss of the vampire and its services might not be something the Pelorites are prepared to so easily forget...

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

No immediate reprisals are on the way as the ceremony finishes.

You know, those undead would have been very tasty. They'd have empowered you to even more powerfully protect the weak.

13. - Top - End - #613

"Pull the other one, it has bells on..." whispers Ishmael.

In any case my demonic friend, it did cross my mind and thats what I would have done with the child vampire and this amalgam... better oblivion than a shared undead existence... but fortunately or unfortunately this decision did not need to be made. But worry not... soon we will have someone whose soul deserves the suffering of consumption... he thinks.

Ishmael then heads towards the back to talk with either the Doomguide or with the priest he had discussed earlier.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

The doomguide has requested a short sabbatical, but the priest from earlier is available.

15. - Top - End - #615

Ishmael bows his head and then tells the priest what happened in the lair of the vampire.

He concludes the story by giving the man a sack, one he takes out of his portable hole taking the opportunity to allow some fresh air in for the prisoner cleric.

"As agreed a donation to the temple. I believe 20000 gold should suffice?" he says and smiles.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

He gives a small grin. "You're certainly one of the most generous acolytes we've ever had. The Judge thanks you for your service and your devotion."

17. - Top - End - #617

"I thank Him for His guidance and support in our venture. The Doomguide was also invaluable in the destruction of the Master and his spawn and I doubt we would have done it without him." he says truthfully.

"Regardless... I come to ask something more and something more difficult. I am sure you might be aware of it but I did not get to the Master by chance... I got to him by following a lead... a lead that had nothing to do with the undead... it had nothing to do with vampires or the work of the Master. It had alot to do with another institution that resides in this area and one that masquarades as devoted and... sunny. It was through one of them that I learned of their unholy alliance and how they used the services of the vampire to further their goals without getting their hands dirty. I tell you this father because I alone cannot obviously dare move against that corrupt church nor can I ever hope to escape their notice long enough to collect evidence... perhaps the time is not yet come but eventually it is something that will have to be addressed... and the Church of Kelemvor should be there... so I ask your advise and guidance on how to handle what I know and how to proceed or not to proceed with this..."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

"The Solemn Judge is aware of the men of which you speak; men who smile in the sun then turn and commit wickedness in the darkness. The time of their judgment is coming, but it is not yet time. When the call for judgment sounds, you will not be excluded from its ranks."

19. - Top - End - #619

Ishmael inclines his head, not happy but content.

"There is another matter, Father. There is an orphanage in the city. The head of the establishment is corrupt to the marrow and well... will soon be judged for his actions... this is something I have vowed to do to one of the vampire girls that accepted fate and death with the simple promise that punishment would come. I wanted to ask if you think that the church could somehow politcally maneuver itself so that owneship of the Orphanage passes to us rather than continues under the yoke that is under now... perhaps any other charitable organisation in the city could also support such a venture and also grant our Church more clout with those who care for the lesser among us..."

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

"If you can get a similar sized donation to the Sisters of Salvation to what you gave to us, we together can ensure that the orphanage is turned over to compassionate hands."

21. - Top - End - #621

Ishmael bows his head and departs his course set.

Another twenty thousand was a huge amount from his well earned reward but perhaps he could spin it to his advantage.

With that in mind he heads towards the Sisters of Salvation convent.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

When you arrive, the place is in a flurry of activity. Workmen on scaffolds are working on the building while the women who run the convent are organizing a large stockpile of dry goods.

One young woman with a cheerful gleam in her eyes greets you. "How can the sisters help you today?" she asks.

23. - Top - End - #623

Surprised at all this flurry of activity Ishmael takes a few moments to look around before addressing the sister.

"Good eve miss. I would like to see either the Sister Superior or some form of administrator? I bear a message from the Temple of Kelemvor and also a donation from Duchess Hordukka, along with a proposal..."

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

"The Sister Superior is out at the moment, thank goodness, but I am in charge until she gets back. Let's take this one step at a time. Please follow me."

She takes you back to a back room so you're not tripping over workmen or boxes of crackers.

"Now, you said there was a message from the Judges?"

25. - Top - End - #625

Ishmael nods.

"Yes. In a very short while, a day or two, there will be an opening at the management of a young girls orphanage is the city. For various reasons the Kelemvorites have developed an interest in providing support to that institution and they have asked that should the Sisters of Salvation be interested, the two groups together could take over and manage the orphanage. I am hear to gouge your interest in such a proposition..." he says but does not stop yet.

"As I have a personal vow to support that place I have also secured a backer for the venture. The Sisters of Salvation are to receive a funding of 20000 gold from Duchess Hordukka if they agree to lend their support to this venture. The Duchess does not ask anything in return... simply that if asked or prompted on who supported you in it you mention her name as a primary benefactor..."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

She seems slightly confused. "You're talking about the girls' orphanage in this quarter? The one that so recently had a large donation and treated all its girls out to a day on the town? I wasn't aware that it was doing poorly."

27. - Top - End - #627

"The donation was a rouse so that proper authorities could investigate management. And they were found wanting... seriously wanting..." he says firmly and seriously.

"So yes, it was doing very badly and the children there were suffering..."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

"I hope you'll pardon me if I ask to see some credentials. You'd be surprised at how many people try to donate large amounts of cash in one place and lie about who they are and how they got the money."

29. - Top - End - #629

Ishmael is actually suprised at this.

"There are people who lie when donating? Why? What do they have to fear?" he asks truly wondering.

"In any case, I believe this should be enough proof..." he says and shows the woman his letter of marquee.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

"We have more than once had a criminal organization try to use us to get rid of their stolen money and expected their donation to give them a hold over us."

She takes your letter of marque and examines it for a moment.

"I see, you truly are an agent of Duchess Hordukka. Very well. Tell the Kelemvorites that we will be prepared to do what is best for the girls."