New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

Ishmael approaches the blindfolded man to give him the sense that someone is there, just beyond reach and lets a soft cough.

"Court is in session my friend..."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

"Wha?" Is all he manages to say, groggy from interrupted sleep and sore from assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #663

Ishmael pricks the mans tied hands more for pain than damage.

"Are you awake yet?" he asks the man.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

He gives a start and says, "What's going on?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #665

"I have been informed that you have preyed on the young. You have ruined their youth and destroyed the trust the Church of Pelor has shown you. So far others have corraborated the story as have some of the girls here. I ask you, what do you plead?" says Ishmael in a quiet soft voice.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

"Not guilty, and this is a mistrial." he says, an undertone of desperation in his voice.

7. - Top - End - #667

"Would you care to present your case? So far 2 Members of the Church of Pelor have identified you for what you are as has the villain known as the Master and as have some of the villains minions... minions that had the outward appearance of little girls, appearance that matches that of some of your former charges..." Ishmael says.

"Oh and offending the Judge by calling this a mistrial wont go well for you..." he adds.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

"I did nothing to betray the trust of my Church." This part has the ring of truth. "And I do not know the specifics of what I am being accused of, I have never been given due process, and I suspect you are not a qualified judge. Yet you use the trappings of law to twist things your way. I am doing the same."

9. - Top - End - #669

Ishmael pricks him again with a non subdual doing dagger attempting to just draw blood but not kill.

"Yes thats all very well and nice but I hold the knife while you are helpess there like your victims. So forgive me for the lack of due process and all those beautiful words that you can spun but unfortunately they dont work in my court. Your very soul hangs in the balance here, friend. You come clean your soul gets judged... you dont, your soul suffers much worse..." he explains enjoying this part.

"You say you did not betray your church. Who was it then who told you to do what you did? It cant have been the Bishop... when you met last time you threatened him and the spawn with him indicating not such a cordial relationship..."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, fine thug with a knife. Your way. Everything I did, I did within the bounds of what my superiors would accept. They may not have ordered me to do what I did, but they would not have thought it a betrayal had they found out."

11. - Top - End - #671

Ishmael smiles at the comment.

"I also have other implements if the dagger is too lowly for your likes... how would an Iron Maiden, a Spiked Chain or an elongating device compare to the knife?" he asks almost rhetorically.

intimidate (1d20+17)[36]

"In any case. You accuse your superiors and betters but they have not told me as such. Who is your direct superior that as you say would sanction your acts?" he asks finally getting to where he wanted.

"And also, I would have you know that even if they HAD ordered you to act in a certain way then that wouldnt excuse you. Carrying our orders is a choice no matter how hard it might be." he adds.

"Oh and also, you just said 'what I did'. Please elaborate on what you did, friend..."

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

"I sought nothing more than small recompense for taking girls off the street and setting them on the path of Light."

13. - Top - End - #673

Ishmael pricks the man again, this time at the leg, near the knee.

"I asked you many questions and I asked you to be precise. You respond to one and vaguely. Next time this will go deeper..." he says and once more, in proper interogation style asks the questions again.

"You accuse your superiors and betters but they have not told me as such. Who is your direct superior that as you say would sanction your acts."

"Please elaborate on what you did"

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

"If you want better results, ask one question at a time. Makes it easier to see which one's rhetorical and which one isn't."

"I accuse them of nothing. I know their character and judgment. What I did here was done without their knowledge. I, however, know the will of my superiors in how I should and should not act and did nothing that they would have felt the need to reproach me for."

"I allowed myself to comfort scared, confused girls who were learning to become women. In the process, I helped educate them and comfort them through a terrifying part of life."

15. - Top - End - #675

"For the last time child molester. Who is the man you were reporting to?" he asks menacingly this time, tired of the game.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

"Archbishop Canter."

17. - Top - End - #677

"That is wonderful." he says and smiles to himself.

"So we have your leader and the fact that you just betrayed his name, we have your admission of molesting children and you have provided no excuse for doing so. Do you have anything to add before I pass judgement?"

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

"The girls were willing, Dreadful Judge." It seems this man's fear reaction is snark.

19. - Top - End - #679

He laughs.

"Yes willing. As much as you are to talk to me!" he says and puts a sock in the mans mouth.

He then proceeds to drive his punch daggers through the prisoners knees and then elbows, wanting the last mans memory to be agonising pain before he is consumed.

"The judgement is oblivion..." he says as he tries to suck in the soul of the man.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

You feel a great resistance from the man as you rip his soul from his body, but the physical harm combined with the mental trauma and your recent practice is enough to overcome that. As you devour his soul, you get fleeting impressions of overwhelming lust, a feeling of power from bullying those weaker than himself, and contempt for the law.

His soul has a rich, smoky taste to it which satisfies greatly.

Spoiler
    Show
    that grants you 58 soul energy, which I believe is enough over to let you pick another soul eater power.

21. - Top - End - #681

Spoiler
    Show

Ok!

I had taste the soul and spirit sight as the 2 developed abilities.

Can you tell me what the unlocked options are at this point? You had given me the options unlocked for taste the soul but not what ones I had after also getting spirit sight.

In case you need it the discussion was taking place here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...206314&page=53

Ishmael tries to resist the overpowering euphoria brought by the consumption of the soul. He smiles to himself and speaks a few words of prayer directed towards Kelemvor and the little girl vampire that let herself be destroyed if he agreed to truly punish her tormentor.

That done he searches through the smokey after taste of the soul he consumed and searches for the following memory...

Any secret entrances that can take one inside the temple without being checked/detected.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

As it happens, there was a druid a while back who shaped miles of 4" passages into the stone walls and floors of the temple with spy holes all over. Short of hiring a druid to undo weeks worth of espionage spellcasting, they couldn't figure out a way to undo it, and that option was deem too costly. Instead they've sealed off the known spyholes and filled the tunnels with poison gas.

Beyond that, the priesthood assumed any cleric of sufficient power to need to come in unseen would have the means to enter covertly with a spell. Non-clerics were never brought in to the temple for clandestine meetings: the cleric always went to meet the client.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spirit Vision: You may cast a spirit version of know direction and location to learn of the closest spirit which matches a criterion you have chosen.
    Living Spirits: Your detect spirits ability now allows you to detect living humanoids as well.
    Spirit Gague: After 4 rounds of concentration, your detect spirits effect will also give you a gague of how much spirit energy you would gain by consuming any spirit within your detection. The levels are:
    1-15 spirit energy: snack
    16-30 energy: appetizer
    31-45 energy: meal
    46-60 energy: feast
    61+ energy: gorge
    Spirit Gorge: You can effect up to your hit dice worth of spirits at no additional strain than each would be individually. +2 to will saves for larger gorgings.
    Consuming Life: You can consume the spirit of living creatures at up to 25% of their total hp without having to roll opposed will saves. When consuming the soul of a living creature that is dying, you may also generate a death knell effect, potentially consuming the souls of other nearby dying creatures.
    Feel the Soul: You can recall one sensation of a soul you have consumed, reliving the moment in life chosen. If you consume a non-living thing, a moment of existence also counts.
    Touch the Soul: You may speak with an echo of the soul immediately after death, mimicking the effect of the speak with dead spell. The soul fragment is not required to answer against its nature, but any lies it gives will ring supremely false. Your caster level for this effect is equal to your HD.

23. - Top - End - #683

Spoiler
    Show

Spirit vision!

Also, any XP for killing this guy and what did he have on him?

Ishmael shakes his head. He knew some of that so nothing much was gleaned.

Initially he considers working on the scene to make it seem as a suicide but in the end he decides against it. He spends as long as needed to clean any blood stains and any signs of struggle including anything he might have left behind. He then takes the dead mans hand and scribles a quick note in angry bold strokes.

"MY SINS WILL BE CLEANSED BY THE SUN"

He places the body in his portable hole, drops a scent breaker on the ground and departs.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    1000 rp xp. Wasn't really a combat encounter.

Your departure is unremarked. However, it seems someone heard voices, as one of the girls has turned the corner just after you've left the room and shut the door. She seems headed for his room.

25. - Top - End - #685

Ishmael still invisible and hidden will make a noise trying to lure the girl away from the room. Should she follow he makes the noise a few times again until she is well away from there and then leave 5 gold coins on a corner where she will see them.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

She follow the noises, and when she spies upon the gold coins, it seems whatever reason she had been visiting the headmaster, she'd forgotten it.

27. - Top - End - #687

Satisfied that the girl is none the wiser Ishmael departs.

He has managed to destroy the master, bring the cleric that harmed the Duchess to her and also eliminate the one that had been directly harming the girls.

All in all a good days work. As such he returns to his quarters taking the usual precautions and even getting rid yet one more sets of clothes before getting to the house.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-11-07 at 02:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688

Satisfied that the girl is none the wiser Ishmael departs.

He has managed to destroy the master, bring the cleric that harmed the Duchess to her and also eliminate the one that had been directly harming the girls.

All in all a good days work. As such he returns to his quarters taking the usual precautions and even getting rid yet one more sets of clothes before getting to the house.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

You arrive at your home without incident.

Spoiler
    Show
    could have sworn I'd already posted this.

30. - Top - End - #690

After checking the house, his paranoia not letting him just enter casually and sleep, he fluffs the bed, checks under it and then sleeps in his closet after making sure the door is looked, the glass bottle is on the handle and the window latch is closed.