New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

When you finally sleep, the flaming cat is in your dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ishmael raises an eyebrow as he had not seen the manifestation in a long time.

"Hello there. I expect you are satisfied with what we have achieved so far? Plus the way I operate probably means we are safe from detection..."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

I'm beginning to be hunted. There are those who seek me on the etherial right now. They are nowhere close, but they are beginning to hunt. You, however, have been flawless. You have that blue-tattooed necromancer in fits trying to figure out who and where you are.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #694

"Splendid. Should we perhaps move against him? Someone searching for me makes me feel strange... not having anyone searching for me would be better... plus if he is a caster perhaps he can use divination to find us..." Ishmael projects.

"How about those hunters in the Etherial. What can we do to stop them?"

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, they will not find me, for I am not on the etherial,.

I will leave the matters of the material world to you judgment. He may eventually find you if you do not stop him. It may also be that hunting him down will reveal your presence. You are far more the expert on avoiding attention in your world than I am. Typically, by the time my kind manifests in your world, all pretense of stealth is gone.

6. - Top - End - #696

"Very well... is this just a social visit by the way or you had something additional you wanted from me? I assume you are satisfied with the progress and just wanted to give me a warning?" Ishmael asks and then considers something for a moment.

"By the way... when does the extreme cosmic power come? I mean so far I have been unable to perceive some things that I couldnt before... like spirits and what not... I have been able to maybe extract some memories from the consumed but I dont really see benefits I couldnt achieve with parlor tricks of a novice magician..."

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

They normally come in at about your hundreth soul, which is typically day 3 for a new spirit-eater. Of course, that's typically followed by said spirit-eater's death on day 4. If you ate more often, your power would grow faster. Of course, you'd also attract more attention. Can't say that your way doesn't have merits, but you might see if you can pick up the pace just a little bit. You expressed interest in learning to devour summoned souls. Do you remember what you must do for that?

8. - Top - End - #698

Ishmael nods.

"Well... yes, the idea was I had to unlock the spirit detecting side of the abilities you are granting. That is why I am now able to see and track spirits..." he reasons.

"Or did I understand it wrong? As for being... quicker... you chose a surgeon not a butcher as vessel so thats what you get... no traces, no tracks and no witnesses or evidence other than those that I plant for the shake of it..." he explains.

"And sure, it might be slower but this way it feels as if we are doing something important... you and your master might not care given that your goal is to destroy everything but as far as I am concerned they may end up stopping us and in that case I will have it said that while I was possessed by you, I used it for... well... not good per se but for a decent cause at least..."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Few are the mortals who dare to tell me "Shut up and be patient. You got what you wished for." I was reminding you that feeding more often will allow you to more efficiently achieve your desired goal of feeding on summoned fiends. It will cost fewer humanoid lives if you feed every day until you achieve your goal.

10. - Top - End - #700

"Out of curiosity... is there something you could do if I stopped feeding? I mean eventually you would consume me but what then? Would you have to start all over?" he asks in a conversational tone.

"What if I went to that astral necromancer hob and surrendered?" he asks not really entertaining that thought but wondering what the demon would do then.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

If you choose to feed me your own soul, I would then need to find a new host. I'd be rather put out, since you look to be one of greater potential than most.

... you're hoping for mercy from a NECROMANCER?

12. - Top - End - #702

"Not so much Mercy as actually figuring out what he thinks is going on... I am pretty confident I could kill him or at least escape from him... but taunting him might be fun..." he says and smiles.

"Anyway, so tell me... I assume I am on the right track about getting the ability to drain summoned spirits?"

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

That... sounds like fun.

Yes, you have just mastered the ability to see spirits.

14. - Top - End - #704

"We shall see. I still have alot to do so we will see..." he explains.

"Anyway, its time for me to actually rest so unless I can help with something more..." he tells the spirit.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

I only came to warn you of their tracking. Best to stay off the etherial for now.

16. - Top - End - #706

"What do you mean? When did I ever go to the etherial???"

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

I do not believe you have. Just giving you a warning that now is not the time to pick up the habit.

18. - Top - End - #708

"Thanks for the advise..." responds the skulk as he lets his thoughts fade and continues his sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

Could you give me a recap on if I have something unfinished/open quest?

I know off course that I need to kill the Khan and need to eventually eliminate the master of the ratlings given his depravity. The Big Boss is also in that list as he and his boys were very mouthy last time.

The Pelorites have also gained by anger off course...

But all those are very long term and grander scheme of things... is there something that is more day to day that I have missed or dont recall?

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    as far as I recall, all that you have atm is working towards those and learning to eat summoned demons.

You sleep the rest of the night undisturbed.

20. - Top - End - #710

Ishmael will prepare himself for the day choosing a fitting outfit and altering his features to match it using the hat and his kit.

Then on a whim he spends an hour or so going through the room and cleaning out any signs of his actually living here with the exception of clothing so that should anyone manage to find his house they would be unable to obtain anything truly connected to him that would make scrying or tracking him easier.

That done he will depart and spend some time in the market to replenish his stock of clothing and consumables for his kits.

Spoiler
    Show

Will try to give detailed list tonight and update the sheet but nothing major

That done he then returns to the Duchess to see how the prisoner is doing.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

All that happens with your usual peerless stealth.

The duchess is doing well, the priest is decidedly not. He's screaming "THE EYES, THE EYES! THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME. DON'T LET THEM EAT ME! I TASTE LIKE FUDGECICLES! THEY SHOULD BOW TO THE SPOON?"

22. - Top - End - #712

Ishmael remains expressionless as the Duchess goes about getting her revenge.

He stays present though in case she requires something from him during it or should any need arise for him to intervene. He will dedicate a few hours to this task depending also on how long she remains with the priest.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

After a while, he passes out.

"Well, I think he's almost done experiencing insanity. What do you think, Ishmael?"

24. - Top - End - #714

"Well Your Grace, perhaps it would be more fitting if we had some way to prolong time so he suffers for as long as you did. Unfortunately though that would most likely be too long for one weak minded as him. Proceeding to the next step might also serve in focusing Your anger." he responds diplomatically.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, let's put it to him, shall we? We'll honor his request much like he honored mine."

She injects him with a bright purple liquid, and he instantly jerks awake, a look of frightened clarity in his eyes.

"Tell me, priest, would you rather lose a hand and foot or remain insane? I am granting you a mercy and allowing you to make this decision in your right mind. Much more than what you offered me."

26. - Top - End - #716

Ishmael doesnt recall the Duchess missing any limbs so he assumes its meant metaphorically as they had tried to take her title and inheritance for curing her.

He is not entirely happy with the bloodier aspect this might entail but he realises that vengeance must take its course before leading to satisfaction and then a purified, cleansed soul.

As such he is content to watch.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

"I-I want to think!"

"Very well." She stabs a long, thin spike into his left wrist and right ankle. His shouts of pain echo for several minutes before he blacks out. His hand and foot hang limply over the edge of the table.

28. - Top - End - #718

That was a very literal way to take the response the man gave, Ishmael muses as he lets a smile appear on his face.

He then waits to see if the Duchess plans to continue with her revenge by not letting the man rest and ponder his injuries.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

In point of fact, she then wipes the blood off her hands and says, "I'll let you sleep on this for now."

30. - Top - End - #720

Ishmael will ask the Duchess if she has further need or use of him for today and if not he will depart.