New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"Oh so you know the actual details..." says Ishmael once more suprised that the Khan knew abot the whole dream walking dragon part.

"Actually no... noone hired me to kill you. Blood calls for blood... the Shadow Spider requires your death and I am inclined to agree with him... your people slaughtered children and women under your command... I may be an assassin so I wont say I fight face to face or even fairly with my enemies but I havent killed any kids ever nor gone to that extent of genocide as you..." he says and pauses.

"Oh and the master of the Ratlings also wants you dead but I was only interested in what he wants cause it matched my plans already..."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

He gives a fully-bellied laugh and doesn't stop for a while.

"I am sorry, boy, but to hear a member of the race that has indiscriminately killed anyone of any age, gender, profession, or creed so long as they were human accuse me of killing children and genocide is just too hilarious. Aye, I'm an evil bastard who likely should die a slow, painful death. It's just rich to hear that from a man whose leader the generation before performed cruel and painful experiments on his own grandchildren, not to mention the number of human children he had slaughtered. Tell me, is the Shadow Spider also on your 'to kill' list?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #63

"The difference is I dont care about who he has killed... nor do I pretend to judge a whole race... so it may be ironic for you but not for me... unlike theory I returned to the sewers to the smell of blood and death and saw the bodies you had left behind... so indeed Skulks are evil... so are most Hobgoblins though. Skulks kill humans out of a racial hatred that has lasted for generations... Hobs do the same but not only to humans but all type of creatures..." he pauses to look at the laughing Khan.

"So, yea if I go by stereotypes and 'track' records you, the Shadow Spider, the Jacks, the Kobolds... everyone is guilty of a whole host of crimes punishable by more than death... maybe thats what the Spirit-Eater is doing by focusing on your men..." he says and smiles.

"As for the Shadow Spider... well... right now no. He isnt on my list... but on the other hand the skulks never did open war until now... sure, they killed and tortured just as much as you I guess but on the other hand they didnt take the streets to exterminate everyone in their path... not so far anyway. So yea eventually I will have to choose loyalty to my race or to the city... but so far I have had no need to do that..."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

He arches an eyebrow when you mention that detail about the spirit-eater.

"You naive fool. You actually still have a moral code, don't you? How tragic. Trust me, you will lose them yet."

"Still, I believe I owe you a question. Have one?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #65

"I do not think we are any better than demons, devils and their ilk if we dont have a code. We may break it from time to time for noone is perfect but just as long as we realise we are doing it and we try to remain true with all our mortal failings its what matters..." he explains.

"As for a question... is there someone you would trust to continue your 'work' in the Slums when you die? I indeed see that you have some positive influence and would like to be able to support the one that continues to have a beneficient effect on the city..."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"Haha, you'd crucify me for committing a third the crimes of the skulks, but you'd like to see my legacy live on. Oh, to be young and ethical again! Yes, there are some candidates. I haven't picked yet, but of course all my pick does is give a leg up on the competition for my throne. If he can gather up a little more personal power, Willstaff actually would get my vote. The watch was his idea. Besides, I know that it would irk the city to no end to know a necromancer has done more to clean up the streets than generations of nobility."

"You were not born in the Shadow Spider clan, were you? Please elaborate on how you were born and where you grew up."

7. - Top - End - #67

"I agree with yours and Willstaffs ideas of a prosperous, ordered and protected city. Crime is a natural thing in any society of mortals and as such thats why I would want to regulate it... but things like the extra city watch and the arena are good ideas hence someone that is not as jaded as you yet continues with such projects would indeed be a step up... you have too much personal history with powers in this city and are part of a status quo that must be replaced..." he explains reasonably.

"And also thats where we disagree... I believe that a mild hobgoblin leader that on one hand benefits the city and on the other allows them to think of you as nothing but fodden is infinitely preferable to the 'necromancer who showed us how its done' as it might indeed be funny and ironic but in the end causes aggravation and derision which eventually would lead to another conflict..."

He listens to the question and shrugs.

"I grew up near Brunsgrove. The there skulk population was decimated after attempting to take over and rebel over the humans... typical story really... skulks hate humans, skulks gain some power and think they can take over... skulks are destroyed..." he explains.

"My tutoring was a happy... chance for me as I was taken in by a guild one might call 'an assassins association'. I was educated and taught many things as a favour to my mother... among other things I was taught how precious life is and why it must not be squandered but also that there are distinct classes of people in the world and I must know my place, my limits and what I can aspire to. Along with that I was indoctrinated in the beliefs of Kelemvor, the Judge of the Dead..."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, that explains your... irregularities. You are not a local skulk."

"Do you have a question for me?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Ishmael considers telling the man he just lost his next question with what he just said but he decides against it.

"It also explains why a new generation of skulks can learn to step away from their hatred at least partially enough to work with humans to achieve his or her purpose..." he comments.

"As for the question... do you have allies within the city and who are they?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"I have a few. Kobolds are playing both sides of the fence at the moment, and the human criminal gangs with interests in the Docks lend us some support, mostly financial. In addition, the City Watch has more than a few among them who wish they could be as effective in their duties as we can."

"How well do you know Edistris?"

11. - Top - End - #71

"I do not know is a sincere answer... I could say I know alot but it might actually be insignficant considering what he is... for example I can tell you we played this game I am playing with you now and I asked some good questions... and then we met once and spoke more but I have no clue if what I know is true or important!" he says.

"And thats a good question... how and when did you meet Edistris?"
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-07-05 at 12:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, edistras never lies, to my knowledge. He is not omniscient, but he never intentionally tells falsehoods. Like you, however, it's difficult to know how much I truly know and how much is truly important. But I trust that he's never told me a lie."

"As a small child, in my dreams. I learned this question and answer format from him. I find that people are willing to tell a lot more when they feel they're participating in a bargain of equal exchange."

Spoiler
    Show
    and you thought it was just a technique I fall back on to keep the flow of the narrative from being too one-sided :P

13. - Top - End - #73

"And who is his opponent? If something as powerful as Edistris requires me, you and many others as pawns in this game I wonder who the other side is and who belongs to that side! For example it seems to me all important players in this game belong to a side... I wonder if the Shadow Spider is with Edistris or against him..."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, neither side wants to touch him. They're both afraid that he'd actually let the priests unleash their omnicidal godling if they did. And yes, there really is an omnicidal demigod behind your people in this town. I've seen it."

"The other side, if I understand it, is also ruled by a dragon."

"Does Zorvinthal mean anything to you?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Ishmael knows that indeed there is something behind the Skulks... whether its powerful enough to take on the city is another question...

"No, it doesnt." he says truthfully.

"Who or what is Zorvinthal" Ishmael asks.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"It is something that Edistris references. I don't know what it is myself. It seems to be some sort of power struggle between them."

17. - Top - End - #77

"Could it be this other dragon you mentioned? The opponent of Edistris?" he asks in a more conversational tone.

"In any case... is there something else you wish to ask? I admit I am somewhat torn... loyalty and mission calls me to continue with my plans for your end but you beeing a servant of Edistris makes matters problematic..."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Um... yes. All I've figured out is that Zorvinthal is played between dragons."

"Honestly, boy, I've asked all I need of you. Go ahead and ask something else if you wish."

19. - Top - End - #79

"Would you accept a solution that sees you alive but exiled from the city? You can keep contact to your successor via magic I suppose but you would not return here ever again..."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Boy, I'd rather face the dragon's annoyance and kill you now. I'm not going to exile myself to satisfy your misguided fanaticism and mypic sense of morality. Your hypocrisy is beginning to grate."

21. - Top - End - #81

Ishmael shrugs.

"As you wish..." he says calmly.

"In any case, as for questions I want to ask if you know about the true nature of the ratlings..."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"Those abominations the Ratmaster makes from children? Can't help you. I have no clue how he does it or how much of the child remains. Careful dissection has showed their anatomy should be impossible."

23. - Top - End - #83

"Well he too is interested in your destruction... for his own reasons I am sure... I was asking cause I wonder if there was a way to cure the kids... if yes that meant I would have to stay my hand when fighting them..." he explains.

"If not then I can only hope to send them to their judgement quicker...

By the way, why are you seeking the Spirit Eater and what is Willstaffs roll in this?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"We don't even know what he did, much less how to undo it."

"That damned spirit-eater will consume more and more souls, its appetite growing. The more it feeds, the stronger it grows, the more it can feed. One of them grew unchecked for five years and challenged the gods themselves. Willstaff got visited by Edistris himself to warn him that he needed to find the beast and slay it. Any interest in helping him?"

25. - Top - End - #85

Ishmael considers the offer.

"Yes... I can work with him... more or less I have a similar mission from Edistris myself so I think we could combine our powers to find him and finish him... interesting though that he chose Willstaf... do you think he is very stable and we will be able to work with him?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"He chose Willstaff because he is a dreamwalker. He's able to hunt down where the creature is on the dream planes."

27. - Top - End - #87

"Splendid. Then I guess working with him would be interesting and will help us stop him or her faster... I have actually met Wilstaf once... I attended his arena to see what it was all about..." explains Ishmael.

"Will you organise the meeting in... safe terms or?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"If you want to meet Willstaff, do it yourself. I am getting tired of dealing with your dogma."

29. - Top - End - #89

"Very well... then I guess that is it for now... shall we part ways?" he asks...

"But please do alert Wilstaff I shall visit him to discuss this... otherwise a visit from a skulk assassin may... well cause some uneccesarry issues..."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll give him a heads up. Go ahead and leave. My men won't stop you."