Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,334 of 1334

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

"And you have no qualms about working with such as me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

"A skulk assassin would have qualms about working with an undead psion gnome? We both belong in the same misfit club to be frank... plus I have a pathological hatred for the Pelorites that developed ever since I came to Aldhaven...

I do have some questions I would ask the temple of Kelemvor regarding your existence as the undead are also not the Judges favorite people but I cant say right away if that would be the case. Are you undead by... er... choice or... well I dont know how it works but I am wondering. Also, what kind of undead are you?"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

"I am not a ravening depraved being that craves flesh. In fact, I'm not even evil. I did choose to become so willingly."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1324

"Interesting... I was pretty sure most... undead were evil but I guess you learn something new every day...

But I do mean that I need to know what you are exactly... its not that I dont trust you but well... I dont and we just met.

You also didnt tell me if you are in fact interested in working with me or not... which is pretty crucial given this is the whole point of this."

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

"I see you're a clever one after all. I am necropolitan. That means I willingly allowed myself to be crucified with cursed nails and arose from the dead one week later. Yes, it is a dark ritual to perform, but no, it does not fill your soul with puppy-eating evil."

"As for whether I'm interested, tell me more about what you're looking for me to do."

6. - Top - End - #1326

Ishmael smiles and looks at the gnome with interest.

"As I said already I find myself lacking in the area of non physical talents. You can work with your mind in ways few can probably match... I need someone that is able to help me get into my enemies minds, able to comprehend magic or psionics and all in between and explain them to me in... well... in laymans terms. From impossible to bypass magical traps and protections to well guarded targets with affinity for Arcane, Divine and Psionic capabilities.

I need, in essence, not an assistant but a second hand to offer support in the areas I cant myself cover."

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you've piqued my interest, but how much are we talking pay-wise."

Spoiler
    Show
    will save. This is a mind-affecting effect from a non-evil chaotic source

8. - Top - End - #1328

Spoiler
    Show

Activating the mind armor effect (if its mind affecting)

(1d20+11)[22] - not sure if mind armor (+5) and the +2 from the protection from chaos stack. If they do then thats +13 instead of +11.

"I dont think there is going to be a flat rate. Your skills are too good for that... I would say that it makes more sense to assume a percentage per contract or job I myself do depending on your participation.

You would freelance quite a bit as well most of the time... I wouldnt need you at my side at all times so you would be free to also pursue your own goals and I may support with those!"

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

He pauses and says, "Give me all the coin on you, then walk out of here remembering that I turned you down and you spent all your money on booze."

10. - Top - End - #1330

Ishmael tries to take a blank look and pretend his own hands are struggling but moving of their own accord.

His right hand moves towards the belt pouch he carries and goes to unclip it from his belt. Instead what he does with his right hand is quickly take a vial of holy water from his bandoleer and throw it on the gnomes face.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+12)[16]
    Sleight of Hand (1d20+13)[18]
    Ranged touch bottle throwing (1d20+14)[33] - damage (1d6)[5]

Regardless if it hits or not and if the gnome is tricked or not he leans back and laughs. If the potion has in fact hit the gnome and caused his undead flesh to burn he laughs more.

"There. I know it wont kill you but thats what I will do every time you try to do that. And then, after that is done if you are still acting like a child I am going to use my spiked chain with the crystal that helped me take down the Master... and he was better at both the mind games and the being undead part..."

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

When the water hits him in the face and begins to melt his undead flesh, he begins laughing as well.

"Hohoheeheehaha... that was good! Okay, so I can't pull one over on you like that. I respect that. You got yourself a deal. And I won't be pulling those tricks on you, I swear on the name of my grandaunt."

12. - Top - End - #1332

Ishmael gives a cold smile and nods.

"I will hold you to that. Is she alive by the way?" he asks him pondering an option to enforce the loyalty.

"Also, I told you what I am looking for but you never told me what you can do except for a basic illusion and an attempt to command me... those are parlor tricks so I should hope you have more in your arsenal...

Including an important specification... can you generally pass as living? And I dont mean fooling a peasant but rather someone of our own abilities..."

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

"I doubt it. She'd be about a century older than the longest-living gnome on record if she is."

"Oh, I can 'pass' as living, provided you don't expect it to hold up to a true seeing combined with a psionic clarisentience effect. That's a two-hit combo that's just plain hard to beat."

"As for what I can do... well, don't expect me to throw around fireballs, but beyond that, there's little I can't do. Tell you what: Name me a task that can be done within 24 hours with magic. If I can't get it done in 20, I'll work for you free for a month. If I do, you give me an equal cut of the profit for the first two weeks."

14. - Top - End - #1334

Ishmael considered it was time to make the gnome put his money where his mouth was.

"24 hours eh? Hmm... well... I have two proposals for you.

First is something that took me maybe even less than 24 hours but its still fine for me. Find a way to the Khan's palace that is not the main gate and is relatively safe.

The second is more complex and it took me maybe 2-3 days in the end. So you have 2 whole days if you are interested in the challenge.

Find me the owner of the Sad Flint..." he said with a grin.