New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

There's a storm brewin' in the skies over New Orleans. Lightning flickers and flashes across the night sky, and thunder echoes through the rain-soaked streets of the Big Easy.

But in Cid's, nobody really notices. The patrons of the restaurant are happy to be out of the rain and have a nice meal.

The patrons of the speakeasy downstairs are even happier. Not only are they further away from the rain, but they've also got booze to go with their meals.

Dimly lit with electric lights, the secret saloon doesn't have as many customers tonight as they normally do, thanks to the storm. About a dozen patrons are milling about, some at the bar, others at tables. Clayton and Velma, the undead proprietors, don't really have much work to worry themselves with right now, so Clayton busies himself with keeping the counter-top of the bar clean, while Velma circles around to check on the various customers.

A new customer soon arrives. A woman by the name of Georgia, though her identity is unknown to Clayton and Velma, enters the speakeasy to sate her curiosity, and probably her thirst. Getting past the man at the door was easy. Who needs a password when you have a pretty face and vampiric charisma?

Unbeknownst to everyone in the room, another customer also enters, slinking in through the door directly behind Georgia. "Howard" had seen Miss Georgia walking down the street, and had recognized her vampiric nature. He had decided that following her would undoubtedly lead him to other Kindred, so he had deigned to give pursuit. He manages to do this completely unseen and unheard, his existence cloaked by his own vampiric abilities. In the time it took the guard to shut the door, he'd already squeezed through, and was now taking in the curious sights and culture-shock around him.

Naturally, while Howard escape's detection, Georgia's entrance does not go unnoticed. Clayton and Velma both instantly recognize the newly arrived woman as a Kindred, as the Beasts within them begin to stir at the sight of her. Likewise, Georgia feels her own Beast growing restless, and she realizes that the man working the counter and the waitress are both vampires.

Howard also recognizes Clayton and Velma's undead nature, but his own Beast is much more subdued in its rousing, as he's safe and sound in the comfort of his Obfuscation.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not going to force anyone to check for Predator's Taint, unless anybody takes a hostile action right off the bat. For now, you all just feel a tension in the air as you try to gauge each others' intentions.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

There's another vampire, sitting down at a nearby table with a glass of wine, working on various papers. She immediately notices the vampiric newcomer, but simply sticks to what she's doing. She looks fairly well dressed for this place.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Howard remains silent for now, observing each of the Kindred in turn. The last few nights had been hectic for the recently-awakened vampire; even now, it is difficult for him to accept that it's 1929.

I've got to hand it to these Kindred, he mused, this place makes for easy feeding.

Howard had also not been able to find the masked vampire; even if he had, though, he doubted that he would recognize her.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

With the beast stirring inside her, and the last dry barfly served, Clayton throws his glass-polishing rag over the shoulder of his white button-down shirt. His dress code is a bit more lax than Evelyn, but he manages to retain a certain kind of roguish class that wouldn't pass for actual class in anywhere but a disreputable establishment like this one.

He runs his hand across the handle of the woodcutting axe beneath the bar - his way of dealing with 'troublesome riff-raff', as he made his way over to Evelyn's side.

"Ev, don't look now, but I think someone suspicious is entering our somewhat suspicious establishment."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Georgia looks around with wide eyes, smoothing down her dress-which just barely lay on the reasonable side of fanciness versus practicality. This place is... amazing. So much blood, and... three? Four of the kindred? My, she hadn't seen this many in one place outside of Elysium...

She suddenly fears she may be somewhere she shouldn't be, and decides that the safest option is the most direct one. With her best polite smile, she heads towards the counter, where at least two of her kind stand.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Dressed in a slinky red tiered dress adorned with a couple of small beads, black fishnet stockings, typical flapper garb, the "waitress" also known as Velma Hart casually flirted with a couple of men who she was waiting on. She was priming them out for possible candidates for feeding later this night, also, she didn't mind their attention. It was then Georgia walked into the establishment that she stopped what she was doing, telling the men at the table she'd be right back.

She walked over Clayton and Evelyn, the beast within her stirring just a little bit in reaction to a new Kindred. She leaned over on the table placing her fore arms and hands, resting them on said table.

"None of ya by chance know the broad do ya?"
    She quickly flashed a suspicious glance at Clayton, before glancing back at this new stranger.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Never seen her before, Velma." Clayton says, looking over at her...and up and down her too, now that she's close enough to get a good look...and then focusing back on the stranger who he's supposed to be keeping his focus on.

"Suppose three of us could take the one of her?" He asks the ladies, in a slightly more lascivious way than entirely necessary given the situation.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not much of a fighter, and my Thompson wouldn't do much unless I could get it right next to her head. I think it's best to assume she means no harm." Evelyn says. Being the party face, she goes up to meet the new Kindred, a dashing smile on her face.

She gives a polite bow before speaking.

"Hello Miss and welcome to our speakeasy. My name is Evelyn, and I take it you're here to have a little fun?" she asks, radiating an air of friendliness.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"Fun is certainly something I like to have." she smiles widely. Her voice is refined, rather high class and a little out of touch-as well as bearing a strong british accent.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "Fun is certainly something I like to have." she smiles widely. Her voice is refined, rather high class and a little out of touch-as well as bearing a strong british accent.
    "Ah, from Great Britain I see. What brings you to our little Speakeasy miss...?" Evelyn asks. Evelyn's own voice is similar to Georgia's refined and high class one, but she's more in touch, and bears a heavy *Insert Simone's accent here. Will edit later*

11. - Top - End - #11

Still invisible to the minds' eyes of the others, Howard sidles up to the bar and listens to the conversations, smirking slightly as introductions are made. Another one new to the city, he thinks as he re-evaluates Georgia in his mind.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-06-13 at 08:56 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

She scoffed spying Clayton looking her over, but instead of doing anything about it, she simply acted haughty about it.

Velma stayed back at the table and just looked at the new vampire lady with suspicion, she had no reason to not be careful. "Ya know...I don't think I'm ready to just trust 'em just yet, like our Miss Evelyn seems ta' be." She whispered to Clayton. It didn't help that Evelyn was the only other vampire (aside from the deceased Sid) they've encountered in a long way, there was reason to be suspicion.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-13 at 09:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Why, I've been travelling, and this city is so different." she smiles, disarmingly.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't see a reason not to, Vel." Clayton whispers back. "She ain't caused no harm yet...and she's quite a looker to boot." He chuckles shamelessly. "Maybe if she sings, she could join you up on stage."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "Don't see a reason not to, Vel." Clayton whispers back. "She ain't caused no harm yet...and she's quite a looker to boot." He chuckles shamelessly. "Maybe if she sings, she could join you up on stage."
    Velma seemed to flare a little with jealousy and held her head high. Also, she didn't quite like the idea of sharing a stage with another girl, especially a pretty one. "I'd rather not have to share the stage thank ya very much.'

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh come on now Val, just imagine. A beautiful doll like that up on stage, everyone would love that. Oh, and you of course."

Oh such a cad...
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

She fumed and stomped her heel into his shoe, not that it would really do anything. It was more the meaning of the action than the damage. She then harrumphed with her nose held high and pivoted away. Like she was going to share a stage, plus, she didn't think that woman was any prettier than her. Hm-mph.

She instead then went back to chat up with those men at the table.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "Why, I've been travelling, and this city is so different." she smiles, disarmingly.
    "Different good, or different bad?" Evelyn asked. She realized this city wasn't the best, but she was fond of it, and would be rather disappointed if Georgia didn't like the city.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton lifted up and held on the foot that Velma had stomped down on, making a show of being in pain. He wasn't actually in pain, but certain things were expected from the mortals in this bar. And if he didn't do these things, Velma would be disappointed, which he couldn't stand for.

Speaking of gals with great gams, Clayton likewise shirked his duties to sidle on over to a few of the young dames who were looking a mite inebriated, quite probably for the same reason Velma was chatting up the menfolk.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Different good, or different bad?" Evelyn asked. She realized this city wasn't the best, but she was fond of it, and would be rather disappointed if Georgia didn't like the city.
    "Why, simply different. Everything is so... free."
    She seems entirely earnest!

21. - Top - End - #21

Howard scrounges for a newspaper and begins idly reading it as he observes the others. To anyone else, a spare newspaper has merely gone missing, but to Howard, it is still plainly visible. He glowers a bit at the sight of the date at the top, but continues reading.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-06-14 at 12:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

While Clayton and Velma go back to business, Evelyn and Georgia converse, and Howard reads an invisible newspaper, three new patrons enter the bar.

The man in the center is a sharply dressed African American. Bald and clean shaven, he is wearing a black suit, white undershirt, and red tie. Both men behind him are wearing white long-sleeve button-up shirts and khaki slacks, though the man on the left has suspenders on. The man on the left has long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, a sharp chin and angular facial structure, and a black eyepatch over his right eye. The man on the right is bald with a shaggy red beard, weathered features, and a distant, vacant stare.

The black-clad man has a rather stern and serious expression, while the blonde man looks disgruntled, as if he would rather be somewhere else. The bearded man's expression is blank - he looks like he's in another world. As they step into the speakeasy, they stop in the middle of the establishment and begin to look around. The bearded man hoarsely mutters something to the other two men.

Because of their heightened senses, the three Kindred bar owners and the two newly arrived vampires are able to overhear what the man says, though any mortals nearby wouldn't catch it. "There's a newspaper floating near the bar. Looks like we've got a five..."

The black man nods solemnly, and he begins to stride towards Clayton. His posture is authoritative, but not threatening. Yet.

23. - Top - End - #23

Howard sees the men come in and turns slowly. Hearing their words, he sets the newspaper down on the bar with care, and then moves over to the other side of the room. They knew now that there was an Obfuscated vampire in their midst, but he hadn't been directly noticed. Yet. Expecting trouble, he keeps one hand on the crowbar inside his jacket.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-06-14 at 02:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton grins directly at the man as he approaches. His grin appears amicable only from a casual glance. Any man who got a good look at it would know right away that it was the same sort of grin you got from a prize fighter right before he punched out the lights of the next contender.

It was the calm before the storm. It would surely take all of Clayton's tact to defuse this situation.

"Well hey there, Sambo. What's a well-dressed darkie like you doin' in a disreputable establishment like this?"

...Forgive him, folks. He's from a less-enlightened time. And you don't get much more unenlightened than Clayton. Well, so much for tact.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Velma sat up, sitting in one of the lap's of the men she was talking to and felt herself alerted to the presence of new folk down here in the speak easy. Well they were new...too, it wasn't everyday ya get four new folk within half an hour down here in the secret read exclusive speakeasy. Something was up.

She excused herself from her possible meal tonight and walked over to them when Clayton tactfully spoke to them. She furrowed her brows and mentally groaned.

"Nice, real nice there,"
    She shook her head glancing at Clayton and then at the three men who appeared at the entrance. She put on a charming smile and made a gesture toward the bar.

"Please excuse my......co worker, but welcome to our establishment, please...let me know what you need,"
    She lightly ran her finger down the center standing man's tie.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Evelyn goes up to the newcomers.

"Ignore him, Clayton has about as much class as a four year old throwing a tantrum. What are you gentlemen here for?" she asks, giving them a dashing smile.

(Trying to diplomacize them into not pulling out .44s and shooting the place up.)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Georgia will only take a step back, trying to seem unobtrusive.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The black man scowls at Clayton. The blonde man rolls his eye, clearly frustrated by this turn of events. The bearded man continues to stare into a non-existent distance.

When Evelyn and Velma interrupt and try to smooth things over, the man in the suit's expression softens slightly. He now looks like he's just mildly annoyed, rather than pissed off. "Business. I'm here for business," the man states, his voice a deep, stern growl. He keeps it low enough, though, so that only the Kindred can hear him. "I need you to shut this place down for the night, and come with us. I would prefer we do this peacefully."

"We got a few other options..." the blonde man observes offhandedly. His accent is either Australian or British, from the sound of it.

"Yes, other options," the black man shoots a glare back at his eye-patched associate. "Llike I said, I'd prefer we keep this peaceful and professional. But one way or another, you're coming with us." He then adds: "Prince's orders."

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." the bearded man sing-songs under his breath, idly letting his gaze drift around the bar.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Prince? Ya mean there's a royalty visitin' this city? From what country may I ask?" Velma asked utterly confused, why would some foreign dignitary care about this little hole in the ground, let alone the lot in here.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

"Come now, surely you'd rather stay awhile in our own humble little hole right here and talk things over? No need to interrupt our illegitimate business, surely whatever your nation wants we can provide."

One of Clayton's hands rests upon the bartop, very close to the axe he keeps underneath it.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-06-14 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show