New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

Georgia, still smiling, will wait for a chance to speak and answer.
    "I just came in from the Carribbean, lord prince." she explains. "I should hope I did not attract too much attention, although it is quite possible some other kindred saw me enter without my seeing them. I do not know if you speak with the princes between there and here, but perhaps some of them could vouch for me if you do? I did speak to all those I stayed in the land thereof, I am sure."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

"...Hey, Vel, do you remember Cid's last name?" Clayton asides to Velma. "All he ever called himself was Cid, and all I ever called him was Boss."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "...Hey, Vel, do you remember Cid's last name?" Clayton asides to Velma. "All he ever called himself was Cid, and all I ever called him was Boss."

"Actually...I dunno...I always just called him Old Sid,"
    Velma answered scratching her chin. Totally not a possible future plot hook. "Odd.....ya think'd I know."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-23 at 10:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Howard shakes his head slowly in response to the Prince's words. "To tell the truth, I'm not even from around here; as such, I suspect someone acted against me as I slept." He considers showing the Prince the journal he'd been given, but he knew that it would not make for compelling evidence.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

"That IS weird." Clayton says in response to Val, looking back at the Prince with a shrug. "I guess we don't rightly know, fella. Not that he'll be boterin' you with any more of us if that's your concern."
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"I do not recall ever being told my sire's name." Evelyn says truthfully.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I'll check into that, but I doubt you'd lie about such a claim," Prince Vidal says to Georgia with a smile. "So I will believe you for the time being."

He then arches an eyebrow at Howard. "And where are you originally from, then?"

To Evelyn, he also raises an eyebrow. "Your sire never told you his name? That is not unheard of, but do you know why? Did he not train you and teach you in the ways of the Damned and our society?" he asks, his words heavily accented.

He then turns his gaze back towards Velma and Clayton. He then smiles wistfully, and his eyes take on an almost sad look to them. "Ah yes. Sid. He never was one for our politics and policies. Always tried to keep a low profile, though he maintained a few contacts with his Clan. His untimely demise was such a shame..." he sighs. "Even more-so now, it seems, since he apparently sired two Children before his Final Death." There is a slight hint of annoyance in his voice that time. "But at least that helps to explain a lot of things. How you got a bar, why you've kept a low profile, why you don't know how to properly address authority..." he smirks. He seems to be poking a bit of fun at them. Which is better than being fed to the gators in the sun, all things considered...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah' do apologize for mah' crass manners, Sir Prince." Clayton goes by way of explaining. "Ah' was hardly taught any in my lifetime, an' death...why she seems to have made me no better than before."
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Howard answers the Prince readily this time. "If memory serves, I lived in Hartford. However, as dangerous as travel can be for Kindred, I ask that you allow me to take up residence here."
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"Yea, well," Velma shrugged. "Anyways, so what do ya want with us? I doubt it was just 'ta get all familiar with everyone."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, he told me some, but he didn't tell me I had to meet you, so he was apparently rather lax. He taught me the basics, but not about the finer points, or why he didn't tell me his name." Evelyn responded.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince looks a bit bemused by Clayton. He then looks to Howard, and gives a small nod. "Your request for Haven is heard, and approved. You may reside and feed within New Orleans and the surrounding areas, as long as you follow the laws of the Damned and adhere to the Masquerade."

At Velma's inquiry, the Prince smirks. "No, there's really not much else to this. I just wanted to know who these strangers on my doorstep where, and whether they would prove to be problematic." He then dismissively waves his hand, and adds: "Though, there is a favor you could do for me, but we'll get to that later if you care to hear it."

The Prince then smiles at Evelyn. "And this is why we don't let just anyone Sire a Childe," he quips. "We end up with Damned like yourself running around with very little knowledge of this dark new world they find themselves thrust into."

"Alright, next order of business," the Prince states, clapping his hands together. "Clans and Covenants. I trust you all at least know which Clan you are a part of... If any of you are a part of a Covenant, I'd like to know that as well, if you please," he croons with a pleasant smile.

13. - Top - End - #73

Howard gives a respectful bow to the Prince; he had been briefly afraid that the Prince would not grant him the right to a Domain within this city. Grateful, he stands straight again and listens as the Prince addresses the others, and when asked about his clan, he answers honestly.

"I am of Clan Nosferatu, though my sire belonged to no special bloodline. I presently have no covenant affiliations."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton scratches his head, trying to recall what it was Cid had told him from time to time.

"Ah...ol' Cid told me that Vel an' I were 'of the glorious Clan of the Daeva'...though I always kinda thought he was bein' metaphorical. But ah' think that would be your answer"
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"My Prince, I believe my bloodline is that of the Mekhet." Georgia says, trying to remember. "As for covenant... I must say I'm a little out of touch, but I believe they were called the Ordo Dracul."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"My master said I was a Ventrue, told me nothing about what bloodline I may be, and I do not belong to any particular covenant." Evelyn says.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince nods along as he listens to the Kindred.

"Yes, Daeva is indeed a clan," he nods to Clayton and Velma. "Quite populous here in New Orleans, second to the Ventrue in number."

"What bloodline you may be?" Prince Vidal raises an eyebrow at Evelyn. "Why would you suspect you are of a bloodline, and not a pure Venture?"

The Prince listens to Georgia. However, the moment she mentions Ordo Dracul, the Prince's expression turns somewhat grave. Some of the vampires scattered around the room begin to whisper and stare. "Ah. Yes. Ordo Dracul. I think you are indeed out of touch. There is no Ordo Dracul presence in New Orleans," he states flatly. "You said you are out of touch? I think it would be best if you stayed that way." His tone sounds more wary than threatening, like he's trying to give her a warning.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Now, most who met Georgia could tell she was oddly optimistic to the point of naivete. The problem was when they assumed she was stupid.

She can take a hint.
    "Thank you, my Prince. I intend to keep it that way. Some of their beliefs are simply insulting to all of the kindred."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

"What bloodline you may be?" Prince Vidal raises an eyebrow at Evelyn. "Why would you suspect you are of a bloodline, and not a pure Venture?"
    "Oh, I did not mean to imply I thought I was of a bloodline. Only that if I am, I'm not aware of it. I apologize for the confusion. Was simply trying to provide you with any information I thought you might find relevant." Evelyn says.

20. - Top - End - #80

Since Howard was not addressed, he simply ponders the words spoken by the others. Briefly he wondered if Georgia would be able to tutor him in Auspex, and what she might ask in return...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

"Dracula? You mean the book? Ah've heard of it...didn't know there was an actual fellow by the name."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"Daeva? Ventrue? Words really that go over my head. What is the Daeva clan anyway?" Velma asked.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Prince Vidal smirks at Georgia. "Smart girl."

He waves a hand dismissively at Evelyn. "A simple miscommunication. Think nothing of it."

At Clayton's mentioning of Dracula, Prince Vidal rolls his eyes. "Bah," he scoffs. "Count Dracula is a myth. Vlad the Impaler was never a member of the Damned, and while there are several Ventrue of notable power in Transylvania, none of them are Counts by the name of Dracula. The name Dracula was unheard of before that damn Stoker wrote that trashy book..." He then pauses for a moment, contemplating something. "Though that movie Nosferatu... That was a bit more grounded in reality," he shrugs.

Velma's ignorance brings a smile to the Prince's face. "Daeva are a rather socially-inclined clan of vampires. They tend to be charismatic, extroverted, artistic... sometimes a bit hedonistic..." he muses. "I can introduce you to the leaders of your respective clans. Some of them are here tonight, actually," he says to the five Kindred, gesturing behind them to the rest of the vampires in the room.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton, for one, turns around and tries to scope out exactly which of these vampires would be his kind of guy/gal.

He might get it entirely wrong. It will be entertaining to watch.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Howard turns to look as the Prince gestures. "I appreciate the offer," he says gruffly. Truth of the matter was, while getting in touch with others of his kind would indeed be helpful, he still wasn't sure what he was going to do. Briefly he considers asking about the masked woman; he almost dismisses the idea out of hand, but then turns back to face the Prince.

"By the way, I meant to ask - another Kindred appeared to me when I came out of torpor... she wore a garish masque on her face, and while I didn't recognize her, it occurs to me that she might have a clue as to my true memories. Do you know of such a woman?"
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-07-02 at 08:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The cast of characters, so to speak, is extremely varied. There are several men in business suits, a few women in classy dresses, at least two fellows in tailed tuxedo suits popular about 50 years ago, and one woman in an elegant Victorian-Era dress.

There are also a few other, more noteworthy Kindred scattered around. A middle-aged Native American with beads and feathers in his braided hair, which clashes oddly with his expensive business suit. A pair of identical twin Flapper girls with short black hair, short black dresses, and eyes on Clayton. A rather obese elderly black woman in a flower-pattern dress, who's eyes are almost disturbingly invisible amongst the wrinkles and skin-folds of her face. A hunched, bald man in a grey suit, who's eyes don't seem to blink.

And of course, Mr. Wolf and his two buddies.

At Howard's inquiry, the Prince raises an eyebrow. "Masquerade mask? Spoke in a cryptic manner?" After a short pause, he shrugs. "It rings no bells."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-07-02 at 08:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Howard simply nods in reply, unsure of what to say, before once more turning to look at those assembled. He wonders briefly if the Nosferatu Primogen is present, and if so, which one of those here might be the Haunt in question.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-07-02 at 08:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton stops looking for the leader of the Daeva the moment he sees the two girls making eyes at him.

There are certain things that can wait until later. This is one of them, but Clayton isn't known for his prudence.

Without skipping a beat, he steps into a well-practiced Valention-esque walk towards the two girls, stopping just close enough for them to admire what they see.

"Bon Soire, mon cheries~" He says in horrible french. "Gals like you...are you really creatures of the night, or are you radiant angels in disguise?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Awe (Presence+Expression+Magesty) (7d10)[1][4][6][10][7][10][4](42)
    (Socialze+Presence): (5d10)[4][8][4][2][4](22)
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Georgia, turning to look at them all, gives a warm smile, and curtseys to the woman in a victorian dress.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The two flappers study Clayton for a moment, their piercing blue eyes looking up and down his body. They've both got petite builds, but with curvy figures, and it goes without saying that they're attractive. After a moment, they both look at each other for a few seconds, and share a smirk.

They then turn back to Clayton... and immediately begin speaking French. Not Cajun French, but legitimate French from France. They speak it fast and fluently, their tones fluctuating between playful and sultry, their expressions shifting from smiles to grins to smirks. They both wink several times, in unison.

Clayton has no idea what the **** they are saying.

The Prince is visibly trying not to laugh. A few Kindred are already chuckling.