New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

Clayton would have red on his face, except for the whole being undead thing. His French is, he admits inwardly, a tad on the rusty side...by which he means his mum tried to teach it to him about 10 years ago, and it never sunk in beyond a few words he pretends to know to impress girls. And a little bit picked up here and there in Louisiana.

"Ah...I'm afraid you must forgive me, ladies." He says with what he hopes is an earnest, browbeaten look. "I seem to have misled you to believe I know a bit more French than I as a matter of fact actually know. It has been somethin' of a time since my education, and I do so apologize for misleadin' two very fine gals like yourselves."

He takes a slight bow to the two women, hoping he has reclaimed some honor in admitting fault. After all, they are once human.

"Allow me a proper introduction. Name's Clayton. Clayton Burns."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Velma scoffed glowered and watched his blatant flirting and hitting on those obvious harlot vamps. She glanced around in attempt to 'two can play that game'. But old people weren't her thing nor were non descript fellas in tuxedos.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince notices Velma looking for prey, and smirks. "Keep watching," he mouths.

The two twins study Clayton for a moment. They then both begin to laugh in unison, their giggles like bubbling brooks.

"Well, at least you have the honor to admit to your indiscretions," the girl on the right purrs, her voice heavily accented with traditional French.

"I honestly thought you'd try to maintain the masquerade a bit longer," the girl on the left croons.

"Me too," the other twin smirks.

Both girls look at each other, then burst into another fit of giggles.

"I am Marie Gaston," the girl on the right introduces herself.

"Antoinette Gaston," the left twin nods, before adding: "Anne, Ante, or Annette, or simply Darling will suffice." There is, in fact, a wink involved.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Monsieur Burns," Marie smiles.

"I understand you are of the Clan Daeva?" Antoinette smirks.

"What a coincidence."

"As a matter-"

"-of fact-"

"So are we," the both state in unison.

"And it just-"

"-so happens that we both-"

"-share the title of-"

"Priscus," they echo each other.

"That is to say-"

"-in layman's terms-"

They both grin wickedly, and state together: "We are the heads of Clan Daeva in New Orleans."

Eeeeeyup, Clayton totally just did that.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

To anyone else, this would lead to kneeling before them and asking for an apology for their indiscretion.

To even a sensible individual, this would involve politely apologizing for it.

For Clayton, all this means is that he was totally right about knowing just who his kind of gal would be.

"Would you believe I had a feeling you would be?" He says with a confident smirk. "Truly, our clan is most fortuitous to have such clever, and beautiful, dolls like yourselves leading the operation."

He was going to flatter them anyway. It doesn't hurt that it might help his standing in their eyes...completely setting aside the fool he made of himself earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The two twins look at each other, then smirk.

"Well he's audacious," Antoinette muses.

"Yes, you have to give him that," Marie shrugs.

"He doesn't have a way with words."

"And his charm could probably use a little work."

"But at least he's trying."

"And he's not bad looking."

"He's just my type."

"Wait, since when do you have a type?"

"Since always. Its the same as mine."

"Which is?"

"Everything, of course."

"And anything."

"Hey, I'm may not be picky, but I'm certainly not desperate."

"Uh huh, right."

"But just because he's my type doesn't mean I'm interested."

"Yes, he is a bit... lacking... in some ways."

The Prince shakes his head. "And yes. They're always like this..." he muses aloud to the newbie Kindred.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Velma grumbled and found herself a place to sit, glaring daggers from across the room at Clayton before rolling her eyes. She didn't find as she defined it, his 'buffoonery' as amusing as the others in this room. She wasn't comfortable here like she was at the speakeasy. There she a had a name in a manner of speaking, where she was guaranteed to find herself being lavished with attention by others. Here, she was a nobody and that didn't sit well in her undead stomach.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-03 at 12:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Howard watches as Velma tramps off, considering consoling her. On the other hand, he reasons, that's probably exactly what she wants...

The Nosferatu briefly shakes his head, before bowing to the Prince to indicate his gratitude before stepping away to move amongst the crowd.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton quirks his head to the side a bit. He's not quite sure why, but this situation seems strangely familiar, yet entirely alien to him.

Then it hits him, quite suddenly and abruptly, that the two of them are sizing him up. The reason this is familiar is because he's done it himself time and time again to cute dolls like them.

He's never been the subject of it himself though. And he wonders if this is how Velma feels when she's trying to sweet talk a fella.

Of course, "lacking" isn't exactly what he was hoping for...

"Gals, please, my disposition notwithstandin', I ain't no drugstore cowboy. I'm the real McCoy, you have my guarantee I won't disappoint." He says by way of 1920's slang. "Maybe a bit less ritz than you two gals, but take it from me, and if not, take it from the gals at our joint." And boy oh boy is there a waggling of eyebrows.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Marie and Antoinette exchange smirks. "Monsieur Burns, we do not doubt you will fail to disappoint," Marie quips. "However..."

"Your reputation does not precede you," Antoinette observes. "Or rather, your lack thereof."

"That is to say, we prefer to focus our attention on Damned who have managed to make a name for themselves," Marie smiles.

"Nothing personal. At least we're being honest," Antoinette smiles coyly.

"Come back when you have made a name for yourself..." Marie purrs.

"Which shouldn't be too hard for a man such as yourself," Antoinette winks.

Meanwhile, as Howard approaches the crowd, the morbidly obese black woman walks up to intercept him. "Oh, Suga'! Did I hear right that y'all are a Nossie? C'mon ova here, and say hi to Miss Opal!" she exclaims in a heavy Southern drawl, a massive grin appearing from amongst the folds of wrinkles on her face. "I'm the Priscus of Clan Nosferatu 'round these parts. Anythin' I can do for ya, Darlin'?" she asks in a sweet, motherly tone.

Velma's glaring does not do much to bring her positive attention. Though she gets a few curious stares, few of the Kindred in the room seem to pay her much heed. Though after a moment, she notices the Prince motioning for her to come back over to him.

The Prince then looks at Georgia and Evelyn. "Please, stay were you are for a moment. I have a proposition for you and your friends..." he says with a charming smile.

10. - Top - End - #100

Howard turns to face Miss Opal, offering a hand to shake as she introduces herself. His eyes meet hers, or what little can be seen of them. Though she's not familiar to him, he doesn't doubt her claim to be a Nosferatu. "You heard right," he says in a low voice. He takes another moment to think on her words, and then speaks again. "As for what you can do for me," he says with a smile, "wouldn't it be proper first to offer my services, ma'am?"
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Evenlyn isn't quite sure who the leader of Clan Ventrue here would be is, so she listens to the request of the prince and merely stays put.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Velma's glaring does not do much to bring her positive attention. Though she gets a few curious stares, few of the Kindred in the room seem to pay her much heed. Though after a moment, she notices the Prince motioning for her to come back over to him.
    Velma pointed at herself to make sure she was not seeing things. After a moment of assurance she walked over to him in her usual sashay way. She was wondered how she should address him being a 'prince' and all, so she went with her gut instinct. "Yes, mah lord, what is it?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Marie and Antoinette exchange smirks. "Monsieur Burns, we do not doubt you will fail to disappoint," Marie quips. "However..."

"Your reputation does not precede you," Antoinette observes. "Or rather, your lack thereof."

"That is to say, we prefer to focus our attention on Damned who have managed to make a name for themselves," Marie smiles.

"Nothing personal. At least we're being honest," Antoinette smiles coyly.

"Come back when you have made a name for yourself..." Marie purrs.

"Which shouldn't be too hard for a man such as yourself," Antoinette winks.

"I'll take that as a promise, madames." He gives them a wink, as he slowly starts to back away. "Don't worry, you'll be seeing much more of me soon enough."

And with that, he makes his way back towards Velma, who seems to be headed in the prince's direction. He readies himself to be slapped across the face the moment he gets within range, while keeping an ear perked to listen i on this deal.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Georgia, nodding helpfully as the Prince speaks to her, is rather bemused by Clayton's antics. She wonders if he knows quite how silly he looks-but is quite impressed by the friendliness of the refusal.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Howard turns to face Miss Opal, offering a hand to shake as she introduces herself. His eyes meet hers, or what little can be seen of them. Though she's not familiar to him, he doesn't doubt her claim to be a Nosferatu. "You heard right," he says in a low voice. He takes another moment to think on her words, and then speaks again. "As for what you can do for me," he says with a smile, "wouldn't it be proper first to offer my services, ma'am?"
    Miss Opal claps her hands together. "Oh mah goodness! We got us a good ol' fashion Suthern gentleman!" Miss Opal's cheerfulness suddenly disappears, and her voice takes on a stern, 'mother scolding her son' sort of tone. "Now boy, y'all best be careful with an attitude like that. Y'all are new here, and if ya try to be nice ta folks, they gon' walk all ova ya. Be an scoundrel for a bit, then once ya've made a name for yaself, ya can be nice to folks, cuz then they'll know not ta mess with ya."

A smile returns to the old Nosferatu's wrinkled face. "But I 'ppreciate tha offer. I don't need nuthin' right now, but ya may wanna talk to the Prince. I think he said somethin' 'bout needin' a favor. Come talk ta me 'fore ya leave, though, so I can tell ya where tha rest of yer kin are. And if ya need a place to stay, Suga, just let Miss Opal know..."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Velma pointed at herself to make sure she was not seeing things. After a moment of assurance she walked over to him in her usual sashay way. She was wondered how she should address him being a 'prince' and all, so she went with her gut instinct. "Yes, mah lord, what is it?"
    "Hah!" the Prince can't help but grin. "Sorry," he waves a hand dismissively, "But your change of attitude is rather... stark. I appreciate your attempt at being respectful, though. You're learning fast." He narrows his eyes, and his grins deepens. "A useful skill."

The Prince then claps his hands together. "Now then, let us get down to business. I have a proposition for you all. You are, of course, free to decline. In fact, you can walk out the door right now." The Prince waves a hand at the door. "Honestly, if you walk out now, I will pay you no bother, unless you start causing trouble."

"But," he smiles, "If you're interested, I have a job for you. A favor, really. And they say that favors are the currency of the Damned," he observes. "Nothing too difficult, I assure you. But I need... neutral parties. Damned without allegiances or motivations. You..." he idly gestures at the newbie vampires in front of him, "Are perfect for the job."

The Prince then leans back in his chair, folds his hands together, and casually asks: "Are you interested?"

16. - Top - End - #106

He nods in reply to Miss Opal's words; in truth, her lesson was one that he was already aware of, but nonetheless, it was not lost on him. "Somewhere to stay'd be nice," he mutters, even as he turns, arriving just in time to hear the Prince speak.

"Interested, yes," Howard says guardedly, "but more insight into what you want from us would help me decide whether to commit to it or not."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Well now, that IS mighty interestin'." Clayton says whilst hanging off the back of a nearby chair. "So supposin' we hear this here job a' yours, an' we feel happy to oblige, we'd be in good favor with y'all, sah?" Clayton summarizes, in his own roundabout way.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah!" the Prince can't help but grin. "Sorry," he waves a hand dismissively, "But your change of attitude is rather... stark. I appreciate your attempt at being respectful, though. You're learning fast." He narrows his eyes, and his grins deepens. "A useful skill."
    "Well, I ain't a stupid broad like some others, but uh, thank ya I guess mah lord," She curtsied whilst keeping her neutral expression.

The Prince then claps his hands together. "Now then, let us get down to business. I have a proposition for you all. You are, of course, free to decline. In fact, you can walk out the door right now." The Prince waves a hand at the door. "Honestly, if you walk out now, I will pay you no bother, unless you start causing trouble."

"But," he smiles, "If you're interested, I have a job for you. A favor, really. And they say that favors are the currency of the Damned," he observes. "Nothing too difficult, I assure you. But I need... neutral parties. Damned without allegiances or motivations. You..." he idly gestures at the newbie vampires in front of him, "Are perfect for the job."

The Prince then leans back in his chair, folds his hands together, and casually asks: "Are you interested?"

"Me, parroting the other two's responses, I give you that."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"I have to know what it is before I accept or decline." Evelyn says.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I'm not asking you to accept or decline it just yet," the Prince aloofly replies, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I just want to know if you're interested. If so, we will take this conversation somewhere more private, away from prying eyes and ears. And yes, this would put you in good standing with me. Who knows," he gives an idly wave of his hand, "Perhaps I'll even do a favor for you in return."

"We can go upstairs now, if you'd like," the Prince informs them. "Or, you can continue to mingle with the other guests, then come join me to discuss the proposition. The choice is yours."

21. - Top - End - #111

Howard nods in reply, but waits for another to speak before adding in his opinion.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, as I don't know anybody else here, and have no reason not to, I suppose I'll follow you." Evelyn says and follows the prince.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

This would certainly be a way to improve his chances of getting into bed with those two birds...

...To improve his reputation. That is what he is trying to do.

Clayton nods, following in the footsteps of the boss lady. He thinks to himself what a crazy world this is, where not once, but twice (or is it thrice?) does a dame have a hold on him from higher up the ladder.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Velma ain't had 'a reason 'ta hang out with these stiffs down here, so she followed the others.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince rises from his seat. The entire room falls silent, and all undead eyes turn to gaze upon him. "I have business to attend to. Please, make yourselves at home. Stay as long as you like, and speak with the servants if you need anything," Prince Vidal politely informs the several dozen Kindred in the room. "Thank you for your attendance. Good evening to you all."

And with that, he begins to stride for the door, his taciturn bodyguard walking in step beside him. The bodyguard looks back at the newbie vampires, and gives a slight tilt of his head, gesturing for them to follow.

Prince Vidal and his bodyguard lead the five Kindred back into the main hall. As the doors to the Court close, whispers and laughter can be heard resuming in their wake. Prince Vidal leads the Kindred up the winding stairs, then through some doors, and down several long hallways lined with portraits and paintings of various people and locations from the last half millennium. They seven vampires eventually climb a small spiral staircase, go down another hallway lined with paintings, and eventually come to a halt in front of a pair of onyx doors. Prince Vidal throws the doors open in a suitably dramatic fashion, and strides purposefully through the portal. "Please, have a seat."

The room beyond the ebony doors is a small meeting room. A large circular table of black wood and fine finish is set in the middle of the chamber, with a dozen or so chairs - black wood with crimson upholstery - circling it. The carpet is dark red, while the walls are paneled with the same black wood the furniture is made from. The ceiling is also black, and a small-but-intricate silver chandelier hangs from the ceiling, it's electric lights basking the room in a soft amber glow.

Prince Vidal sits down at the far end of the table, his bodyguard electing to lean against the wall behind him, with folded arms and a bored expression. If/when the Kindred sit down, they find the chairs to be extremely comfortable.

"Do you need anything? A drink, perhaps? Any particular flavors you prefer? Man, woman, sinner, virgin, old, young?" he asks politely, the charming smile on his face clashing with the abominable meaning of his words.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-07-17 at 05:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Howard smirks as he settles into one of the seats. "I appreciate the offer," he says, "but I'm the sort who saves dessert for after the meal, if you don't mind."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"...No thanks, I'm not hungry." Evelyn says, her stomach somewhat put off by the offer.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

"Sherry, if you have any." Clayton says, sprawling himself out in the comfortable chair. "Port in a pinch. I've found these days hardly anyone knows the difference from taste. But at this time of night, it's the only way to go."
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-07-17 at 07:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Velma noted the room, feeling it was too gloomy for her tastes but nonetheless took a seat enjoying the comforts of the seat. She let herself relax a bit. At the offer of drinks......she was thirsty, hadn't had a good drink since she woke up.

"I'll have a drink, nothing too bitter or sweet."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince looks genuinely confused. His face contorts slightly, as he tries to comprehend what the neonates are saying. "Dessert? Port? Sweet?" he repeats their words, trying to figure out their meaning.

"They think you mean alcohol, sir," the bodyguard smirks, giving a slight shake of his head.

The Prince blinks a few times. He then leans back in his seat and laughs. A deep, hearty laugh. "Oh my! Really? You thought I meant...? Hah! No, no! I meant blood! Genuine blood. 'Fresh from the tap,' so to speak," he winks at Clayton and Velma, clearly trying to make a bar-owner joke.

Recovering his composure, the Prince folds his hands and tries to regain his professional aura. "As you may have discovered by now, we Damned cannot imbibe alcohol, or other mortal sustenance. Attempting to do so yields results which are... unpleasant. So, shall I send for someone to fetch some blood?" he asks with a charming smile, trying to make sure the offer is clear this time.