New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

"You wanna head back up and tell him that? Or shall I speak on your behalf?"

...Evelyn may want to present this herself. She is familiar with what happens when Clayton is given free reign over business proposals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    "You wanna head back up and tell him that? Or shall I speak on your behalf?"

...Evelyn may want to present this herself. She is familiar with what happens when Clayton is given free reign over business proposals.
    "...Let's go back together." Evelyn says, and lets Clayton lead the way.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

"You heard the lech," Velma stated, and still thirsty, in reference to Clayton's "Vel, get the name of the place and the art that we're stealing, and we'll meet up downstairs" line.

Velma was no stealthy person, but this was a high class function gathering, there would be more involved than just sneaking around in the dark like a boogeyman, she wagered.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Prince Vidal waves with a smile as Clayton takes his temporary leave. He then turns his attention back towards Velma, Georgia, and Howard. "My my, it seems my little request is causing more trouble than I expected. The place is the Cutheringham Art Museum, in the town of Arshock. If you go back train, it should take about two hours go get there. Car will take much longer. I wouldn't risk doing it tonight. No worries, though. The piece... she did not know the name of it. But she assured me that it could not be missed, especially since it is not yet on display. How many provocative oil paintings can they have in storage, right?" he asks with a grin.

He then looks contemplative. "By the way, Mister Howard, I feel I should warn you not to be too confident. You may be able to get in there easily... but how do you intend to get out? Is your Obfuscation truly strong enough to mask both yourself and a large framed painting? If so... I'm impressed."

"You may also wish to take into consideration the suspicion this will raise," he warns. "You may wish to look into planting some sort of false evidence."

The bodyguard then returns to the room, the white-clad and bound woman still slung over his shoulder. "Your bottle, madam," he says with a knowing smirk, before carefully setting the woman down in the chair next to Evelyn. The girl looks to be in her late teens, with long blonde hair. Judging from her subtle flinching and tense breathing, she seems to be quite nervous, but not nearly as terrified as she should be.

"Please take care not to kill the girl," Prince Vidal advises the Daeva. "Sate your thirst, but moderate yourself. Gluttony is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, after all. And it goes without saying that murder is a sin..." he muses with an flippant wave of his hand.

(Clayton and Velma have not yet arrived)
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-07-29 at 06:50 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Yeah, it'd probably be best if I cased the place first," Howard says, a plan already beginning to form in his mind. "On that note, I'll assume you have some means of acquiring a set of burglar's tools; providing me with them would be very helpful."

Howard is sure that, if need be, he could just break a lock with his crowbar or jimmy it open with a length of wire, but he prefers the prospect of getting a proper set of tools.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Velma listened to the Nosferatu and the Prince talk, this Howard fella seemed to her, be acting that something like was easy peezy. She knew there was more than this than sneaking around in the dark, other factors to consider, but she couldn't quite pin what they were. The not knowing what it was gnawed at her, annoyed her.

Twas then her bottle was brought in, not really what she expecting, she had really expected a nice glass bottle for her filled with the blood of her choice. She looked at the young nervous woman, she only has ever had woman once before, she ideally enjoyed men, mostly due to the fun she could have with them before eating.

Anyways, she gestured for the young girl to give her, her arm. She turned to the Prince. "Who is this girl anyway? She seems rather young for...this....hmmm."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince seems to ignore Howard for a moment. His eyes then seem to open slightly wider in surprise, and her turns to the Nosferatu. "Oh, my apologies. Were you asking me to provide your tools?" he asks. His tone is one of genuine confusion.

That would be a no.

When Velma asks about the girl, the Prince simply smiles. A charming, but slightly disconcerting smile. "The girl's origins are not important. You asked for nothing bitter nor too sweet; here you go," he idly gestures at the girl. "Or is she not to your liking?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Velma

"That's not the case, I was just curious," Velma rolled her eyes to the side before putting her attention on the girl. She softly sighed to herself and lifted the the girl's arm's bringing her wrist to her mouth and bit.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Which is the exact moment that Clayton walks back in with Evelyn in tow.

He's about to say something, but is stopped when he sees the bound and gagged girl getting sucked on by Velma.

Now, this is the 1920's, where same-sex relations was considered not at all, and frowned upon in most circles. So you have to understand that Clayton is quite morally liberal to accept this state of affairs.

"Well, didn't know you were into dames too, Vel. That's a new one."

You have to understand it because of how ironic it is that his lecherousness, in the lens of modern morality, somehow makes that comment less sexist than it sounds, and yet at the same time doesn't change it at all.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-07-31 at 10:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Howard rolls his eyes at Clayton's comment; not having the tools was bad enough as it was. Still, if the Prince is feeling stingy, he'll have to make his attempts elsewhere; perhaps Miss Opal might be gracious enough to grant him the equipment he'll need, or at least point him in the right direction.

His vision trails away from Velma as she feeds; the sight of the woman under the Kiss reminded Howard all-too-well of his own last meal, from whom he'd taken a good long draw as she slept. He takes a moment to banish the thought from his mind, now focusing on the task at hand again.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Evelyn was...not hiding her distaste at Velma's feeding very well.

"Prince, if I may please have a moment of your time to ask you some questions?" she asks as politely as possible. As politely as possible for Evelyn is pretty damn polite.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"Shut your mouth Clayton before ya speak and ruin my dinner, and me drinkin' blood from a woman ain't nothin' queer," She snapped, her eyes closed but a look of annoyance still on her face.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton thought of adding insult to, well, insult, but decided that he'd had enough, and that he couldn't really think of anything else to add anyway.

"Ah, fine fine. Just don't forget to clean up after."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The girl lets out a soft moan, going limp as Velma begins to drain her blood. When Velma finishes drinking, the girl's head lolls limply from side to side, and her breathing becomes deep and slow. She'll be fine.

The Prince and his bodyguard listen intently to the back and forth between Velma and Clayton. "I thought they said they were Daeva?" the bodyguard asks.

"Yes, but they have not been Daeva for long," the Prince shrugs. "If a woman feeding from a woman is cause for concern, then clearly they know very little of their clan..."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh that? No, me and Vel are like this all the time. This is just how we are." Clayton waves his hand dismissively. "She can drink whoever she wants."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

"Cause for concern? Who's concerned?" She said with a mild annoyance and upward roll of the eyes. She let drop the wrist and hand of the girl and wiped her mouth with her hand and licked the rest, making sure to not waste a drop.

"Thank you oh Prince, that was a good vintage."

17. - Top - End - #167

Howard glances at each as they speak, before finally settling on the Prince. "Well, my liege, I'll not waste any time. I bid you adieu." He stands and turns, leaving for the larger room, keeping an eye out for Miss Opal, though he's fairly sure he couldn't miss her without effort on her part.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The girl lets out a few small noises as Velma feeds, mostly just little whimpers and moans. Once Velma is done, the girl falls back into her seat, breathing low and steady. She appears to be asleep now, or at least in a very relaxed state.

"She'll be fine," the bodyguard observes factually, in case anyone is wondering.

The Prince looks up at Evelyn and smiles charmingly. "Yesss? How may I be of service?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm curious. Who is the head of the Ventrue clan? I'd also heard that I may be interested in joining the Lancea Sanctum, and was wondering who to talk to about that." Evelyn says to the Prince.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince simply smiles, and deftly raises a finger to point at himself.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Evelyn isn't sure whether she was expecting that or not. On the one hand, it sucked. On the other, that was just her luck.

"Maybe you can inform me on some of the finer points of each some time then. Or find some underling to help me, as I'm not exactly experienced with either, as I believe has been previously mentioned." she says, doing her best to keep a polite smile on her face."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Prince continues to wear his charming smile. His thoughts are not discernible, as he seems to be either oblivious to her discomfort with everything, or he's just not acknowledging it. "If you wish to speak with me at any time, I will try to make myself available. I do not mind helping out a young neonate such as yourself. The job of Prince is more than just a title. I must be a shepherd to my flock, so to speak..."

---

Downstairs, Howard very quickly finds Miss Opal. Not like she's hard to miss. "Oh hello, child! I trust y'all had a nice meetin' with the Prince?" the elderly Nosferatu asks with motherly concern. "Anythin' I can help ya with?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-08-06 at 04:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

"Several things," Howard replies. "It'd be great help if I knew more about the others of our clan in the city, for one; I'd also like some suggestions on where and when I can and can't go - wouldn't want to upset a territorial vampire by 'poaching' in his territory." He lets himself smirk at that one, and then lowers his voice. "Also, it couldn't hurt to get a decent haven; I've been having to improvise as of late."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

"Vel, how about you and I leave Evelyn and Vidal to have their talk, hm? I think I have just the plan to accommodate the good prince's task he has set forth for us."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh?...Oddly...I'm now a bit curious at what yer little brain could come up," She cocked a brow and stood. She was bored here anyway, the only thing the room had going for it were the comfy chairs. She walked over to Clayton. "Very well, let's leave them to their private chat."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Clayton leads Velma out into the hallway, and makes a quick check to see if anyone is around before discussing his plan.

"Okay, so the Prince wants the painting out, right? Well I think I've got a solution for how to get it out of there. See, most people think of big wooden frames when they think of a painting, but actually, all it is is basically oils on paper, so why bother with the frame? One of us just has to sneak in, slip it out, or maybe get some scissors or something, and then sneak back out. Probably that Nos fella. Meanwhile we can keep the guards distracted by causing a ruckus out front."

Clayton waits for a few seconds for the plan to sink in, then adds:

"Actually, my first plan was to just burn it, but I think my new plan is better. We'll call the fire thing Plan B."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm on the wall with your idea right now, get back ta later on that...but...ya know...that 'prince' fella' never told us where the painting was going to be held prior to it being put on display."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

"....Don't they usually hold it like...in the museum?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

"Duh, but like where? You know...like those...back storage inventories where they store paintings and other pieces of art they don't have space for at the time. Or if its in a private collector's storage for the time being. Or somethin'."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

"...Our first step should be to find out where the painting is being stored." Clayton concludes, ever the one to stay on track.

No wait, that's not him at all. This is just a fluke.
    Spoiler
    Show